Total votes: 13
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Simpsons Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Akemi Homura »

Still catching up to D1 garbage
Marge Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:35 am I am 80% sure I know who Bart is and if I am correct then they are probably a villager.
Homer Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:51 am I kinda think I know who Bart is too and agree they’re probably town
Homer Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:58 am I have a guess who marge is too and I also think they’re town.

Somebody tell me it’s a bad idea to make reads like this or I will continue to do so.
I don't have meta so i will take these free reads.

Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:19 pm Burn's reads
Spoiler: show
Smithers! Bring the big bowl!! We're making a salad!

People who seem active and worth keeping around:

Allison-plenty of pushy questions stirring up the town to see what falls out
Bart-fun gifs, but open called for activity...liked his direct interaction
ComicBook-kinda meh personally, but I'm not fighting Otto on this one
Grampa-feisty old man, but pushes seem to produce reactions so good for the town
Grumple-another meh, but again I haven't really looked because I'm not fighting Otto at this point
Krusty-making pushes, stirring pots
Lisa-not pushy, but weighing in...will probably be readable
Otto-most active and intentional mover and shaker in the thread so far

People who seem useless but not worth fighting with today:

Homer-has Marge in the "mind meld pocket"
Marge-married mindlessly to Homer

Maybe subbed so let them be:
Hugh Jass
Millhouse

Would chop:
Flanders-high certainty proclamation that I happen to know is dead wrong, no back up or reasoning, no other significant interactions
Skinner-"I'm done memeing now" and has done nothing since
Looks lazy. Dislike it.
Homer Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 pm I don’t think I’ve played anti town. I’m just playing at my own pace. Deal with it.
:clap:
Not AI but very based.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 2]

Post by Akemi Homura »

Marge Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:10 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:08 pm If you have a better idea I'll listen. If we have a bad posting slanker that has under ten posts, what do we do with them? How are you expecting them to get worked clear if they live?
let them get subbed
From personal experience subs rarely actually catch up well enough and contribute 100% unless they were super invested and followed along or are super sweaty so this mindset isn't too good. What you usually get is someone who is stuck in catchup the entire game or someone who just skims everything and doesn't know half the details. Chopping slankers is not bad at all in my book.
Especially D1.
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:02 pm For the record, I do feel bad about pushing Mac into claiming.

And his one post reads are, as I said, in my experience a little better than rand.

He does also have a handful of people that he is genuinely NEVER right about. But without revealing real IDs that doesn't matter.
Why do you feel bad. Get some backbone. Mafia is a stressful game, people get heated. I'd say this is also wolfy but it might just be me.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 193
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:20 am I started doubting my CBG read towards EoD. He just seemed to take the foot off the gas after a getting a few town leans and there were a few posts that just felt forced. I'd have to ISO, but even to start today he posted "I don't think so, Otto", I asked him to clarify and he was online, but then he ghosts.
Feels bad man
Yeah, I have a not-so-secret scumread on CBG that's been boiling up through the course of today. (Burns and Otto having the same progression on him makes me feel better about them.) I was going to wait for him to respond to my question about why he left his vote on Bart, but it's been nearly 12 hours so I'm just going to out with it.

CBG has a good entrance in his reaction test on Krusty at #64. A few people townread him for it, myself included, and I think after that early surge of townreads he started to drop off. In #143 he discredits/shades Flanders' read on Burns without explaining why he feels that way, or giving a take on what it makes Flanders. We now know Flanders to be town, and that read to be made in good faith.

In #147 he baldly accuses me of wolfing, but 3 hours later, in #176, he casts a naked vote on Skinner. I don't understand or see his progression on me. If it was a serious accusation, why is he voting Skinner? If it was a reaction test, what did he get from it and what's his take on me? (He had no issues with outing his reaction test on Krusty along with specifying what he thought of it.)

Something similar happens again near EOD. In #407 he states that he scumreads Burns for having suspicious posts, but in #416 he places a naked vote on Bart. At the time, iirc, Burns had a serious wagon on him - so it doesn't make sense to me that he would hop on a vanity wagon instead of trying to get his scumread exed.

The only substantive post he has today is #467, accepting Grampa's derp clear. I don't like that at all - that derp clear was pretty weak, and Grampa himself has said that we shouldn't accept it.

I think CBG has been laying low and making really short or offtopic posts so the last thing people remember him doing is his strong entrance on D1. His progressions don't make sense to me, and always end with him hiding on a vanity wagon where he doesn't have to take responsibility for the results of any exe. There's no accountability to his reads or his votes.

[VOTE: CBG] aubergine
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Hugh I know you have a townread on CBG, so I'm interested to here your thoughts on my case on him above. How fakeable do you think the towntells you picked up from him are?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Re: Skinner, the Otto track was obviously really bad, but I don't think it's indicative of him being scum. Making a bad night action is congruent with memeing the whole day and obviously not really giving a shit about the game. The world where Skinner is lying about being a tracker is a world where he was trying to fish for a counterclaim from the real tracker, and in that scenario he'd try to play it as powerwolfy as possible to force the real tracker to out or create chaos with the cred he had. The only thing that gives me pause is that it sort of reminds me of JPIC's cop claim from Radiohead mafia, where he said he was cop under pressure and that he investigated a really obvious townie as innocent N1. There it was a mafia trying to get by through refuge in audacity. But I think that context is sufficiently different from the context here that I don't think it's a repeat of the same thing.

At any rate I think it'll become very obvious if Skinner is lying or not over time so there's no point making a fuss about it today.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:50 am You guys need to re-evaluate the way we are looking at the game. We spent D1 trying to exe slankers because we thought the mafia was coasting. We now have two green flips and one tracker claim with no counterclaim among their number. Flanders died telling us that it didn't make sense to exe slankers and that we should be looking out for the vultures preying on them. I don't buy your case on Hugh and your stubbornness in trying to push him rather than figure out anything else about the game is starting to make me doubt my townread of you.
Reading your ISO, this does not seem like a genuine thought and just jumping on this idea to pocket/protect Hugh. Wolfy. Also expecting to a slanker exe be more than rand. :haha:
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Re: the debate about exeing slankers D1 and scum caring about the game - my personal view is that exeing slankers D1 is fine and there have been a few games where it's produced good results. Off the top of my head: Takhitty in Vigilante 10'er, topsecret in Mafia and Werewolves, to some extent cayvie in LGBT Mafia, KZA in Philosopher's Mafia, 112 in Amdibals at the Zoo. All of 'em slanked to varying degrees in D1 (cayvie less so, but vanishing after pressure was put on her definitely sealed her exe), and all of 'em flipped scum.

I don't think Marge's view that Syndicate scum are the ones who care about the game is true all the time. I supported exeing a slanker D1. But in the context of this game I think it's been made clear that this is not the right strategy to pursue. Blindly exeing anyone under X posts after the Milhouse and Flanders flips and the Skinner claim is not a good idea.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Lisa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:31 am
Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:50 am You guys need to re-evaluate the way we are looking at the game. We spent D1 trying to exe slankers because we thought the mafia was coasting. We now have two green flips and one tracker claim with no counterclaim among their number. Flanders died telling us that it didn't make sense to exe slankers and that we should be looking out for the vultures preying on them. I don't buy your case on Hugh and your stubbornness in trying to push him rather than figure out anything else about the game is starting to make me doubt my townread of you.
Reading your ISO, this does not seem like a genuine thought and just jumping on this idea to pocket/protect Hugh. Wolfy. Also expecting to a slanker exe be more than rand. :haha:
I singled out a specific reason why I didn't like Milhouse more than just "no posting", and if you read my ISO you'd know that.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:09 am
Principal Skinner wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:45 am
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:20 pm Deets on the track @Principal Skinner
you my good sir did not visit anyone
Bruh..

Worst.tracker.ever (sorryCBG)

And I don't believe you. The real tracker can do whatever they want, but.. yeah I just don't believe you're the tracker.
I don't believe you don't believe this.
That is a decent track.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 am
Lisa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:31 am
I singled out a specific reason why I didn't like Milhouse more than just "no posting", and if you read my ISO you'd know that.
I swear you didn't but i could be blind.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I said that I felt him coming in to post a salad of reads on players seemingly at random with no explanation was not a great entrance. Others have felt the opposite, and they have turned out to be right. But it went beyond just "he was slanking". I also wasn't voting Milhouse at EOD, I liked the Grampa exe more.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

CBG is looking just as scummy as he was at the end of last RD. 2 posts thus far, with a total of like 5, maybe 6 words? Feels like he's scum that's having a hard time engaging the thread after his early interactions.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 am I said that I felt him coming in to post a salad of reads on players seemingly at random with no explanation was not a great entrance. Others have felt the opposite, and they have turned out to be right. But it went beyond just "he was slanking". I also wasn't voting Milhouse at EOD, I liked the Grampa exe more.
All you said is that you disagreed that the entrance was good, not saying that it was bad at all. I assumed you thought it was null, considering that you didn't say more about Milhouse and chose to vote Ned instead, and he was just a part of the group to pressure. Which doesn't align with your anger towards D1 to me.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Lisa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:02 am
Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 am I said that I felt him coming in to post a salad of reads on players seemingly at random with no explanation was not a great entrance. Others have felt the opposite, and they have turned out to be right. But it went beyond just "he was slanking". I also wasn't voting Milhouse at EOD, I liked the Grampa exe more.
All you said is that you disagreed that the entrance was good, not saying that it was bad at all. I assumed you thought it was null, considering that you didn't say more about Milhouse and chose to vote Ned instead, and he was just a part of the group to pressure. Which doesn't align with your anger towards D1 to me.
I had a POE of Milhouse, Flanders, Skinner, and Hugh on D1. See post #252 for an explanation of this POE. It's since been proven to be largely false given that two have flipped town, one has claimed tracker, and I'm townreading the last. So that is why I have been re-evaluating my approach today and why I'm surprised to see that nobody else who had a similar line of thought seems to be doing that.

I voted Flanders over Milhouse because as much as I didn't like Milhouse's entrance I thought Flanders voting on a wagon after Marge and Homer pushed it, without announcing that vote, was even more suspicious. Then later on I took issue with the way Grampa handled Flanders' Mac claim, and voted him instead. I was annoyed by you taking all that and boiling it down to "I can't believe you thought lurker exes would actually catch scum, laughing emoji".
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:46 am
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:20 pm Deets on the track @Principal Skinner
why would you track otto of all people??
Because I wanted to?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Not sure if we've seen a post from Homer that's longer than 2 sentences. Others have of course noticed the lack of participation, but I wonder....does Homer as W give Marge a town read if they're scum buds? I'd think he'd participate more if that were the case

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Principal Skinner wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:15 am
Because I wanted to?
Was there something specific about Otto's game that made you target him?

ImageImageImage
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

Nah I kind of gut read it
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Principal Skinner wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:20 am Nah I kind of gut read it
Well I guess I should be flattered. You either thought I was wolf or was going to be MK'd.

Both of which would speak highly of my game thus far, or just prove you're not paying attention. I'm thinking the latter.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Lisa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 am
Bruh..

And I don't believe you. The real tracker can do whatever they want, but.. yeah I just don't believe you're the tracker.
That is a decent track.
Hmmm, in complete disagreement.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:07 pm
Lisa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 am
Bruh..

That is a decent track.
Shots fired. What are your thoughts on Grampa?

Hmmm, in complete disagreement.

ImageImageImage
Broken
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Broken »

I'm legit town.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:05 am
What do you suspect me for?

Not sure what this line is a response to, or about.
They're connected. At first I disliked the "not being here" thing, then I disliked what I saw as an OMGUS vote.

Since then, you've both shown up and developed your read, so both reasons for not liking your play have been resolved. And while I don't like your read on me, it's coherent and reasoned, so I can't say you're just making things up or anything like that.
I guess you can respond to this one alongside my first question. Interested in what you don't like about it.
I don't like it when people think I'm a wolf :(

I think you've moved up in being town-read, despite me not liking that you did that by pushing me further down into the POE. I have no idea if that makes sense.

Okay, put differently: You're doing town-y things now which makes it more likely you're town, and since I'm interested in finding villagers that's a good thing. Maybe eventually I can convince you I'm town too.
I'm not sure how exactly they can play off of it. When they start posting more, wouldn't they be forced to actually to come up with something themselves? Like I'm not sure how it is so agenda-y which makes me unable to see how it's inherently scummy on its own. Is your issue with it the reactions its provide that can then be used by the when making it to fake cases? If so, aren't reaction reads a staple of civilian reads? What made this one evil?
A very quick hypothetical example:

Person A: "Town."

Person B: "I agree. How they responded to Person C gave me town vibes."

*later*

Person D: "Person A, what's your read on that guy?"

Person A: [repeats what Person B said]

In a vacuum, totally fine. You can read someone's case, agree, and make it your own. But if acquiring reads by making people fill in the blanks is the only thing you're doing...

Another side of it is that if someone just says "town" or "scum," they're not actually telling you anything. Okay, you think some guy is town and you've quoted a post. Why? How does that relate to their other posts, to the people they've interacted with? Even just "it's a vibe" is something possibly usable later. As-is, a one-word reply is empty.
Fair enough. Do you usually find suspicious not participation or shitposts by default? Also if it isn't against the rules, could you share which forum do you usually play at?
Not inherently. I don't think sharing where I'm from is against the rules, so I'll say I'm from CFC/CivFanatics Center. There, it's often modus operandi for wolves to slank or meme their way to a victory, and the town usually adopts a liberal interpretation of Too Wolfy To Be A Wolf. People who just joke around or go inactive without doing anything else are usually a decent bet to flip as scum. It used to be the case that those people were given the benefit of the doubt because "surely wolves wouldn't do that every time," but then the wolves would do that every time. I guess it could just be that I've grown bitter about it.

I like banter, it's my favourite part of Mafia, but nearing EOD and then as the game progresses I do think more seriousness is warranted. Like if we're trying to solve, or at least poke holes in reads, it's specifically detrimental to town for there to be villagers (or wolves) just doing their own thing, game state be damned. You can't solve someone just joking around without flipping them or mech-clearing them somehow, and if they never offer a read, or if they never offer a read that's reasoned, then they're not helping the rest of town either. Then the people who ARE playing the game have to find a way to win in spite of their supposed-to-be allies.

So I err towards resolving slankers and jokers in the early game if they don't *play the game* at some point, barring scum slips, total meltdowns, and wolf play (like making a read based off of made-up information and presenting it like cold hard facts). If you ask someone to give you a read or to respond to someone else's case and they just go "nah," I have no problem considering that anti-town and on the list of things to be excised. A soccer goalie who just sits down in the middle of the goal might stop a couple shots over the course of the game but their team is going to be pissed that their teammate is opting out when they specifically agreed to play that game. To an extent I think that applies here. If every villager pulls a Milhouse or a Homer, then it's a guaranteed loss almost every time. I don't mind taking it easy, that's my go-to when I'm not writing big posts like these, but there's gotta be something to work with at some point.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Homer Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:06 am Image
Hi Homer, what are your thoughts on EOD D1 and SOD D2?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:19 am
Because I wanted to?
Why do I feel like you're approaching this game with far less aggression and snarl than I'm used to seeing from you..when you're tp?

Your start wasn't so bad but as soon as I realized who you are I kinda just said well let's see where this goes.

You usually push back against easy town clears on yourself because as tp you're paranoid af and I'm just not seeing it so far.

Turn it up buddy ol pal.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

was kinda hoping the quote box would shrink that image
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

[mention]Krusty the Clown[/mention]
Thoughts on Grandpa -
I was null on him until the attempted derp clear. A couple others have made decent scum cases on him but I haven't spent any time on him yet, so I suppose I'm scum leaning him strictly due to his bunk entrance today.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 pm
Because I wanted to?
Why do I feel like you're approaching this game with far less aggression and snarl than I'm used to seeing from you..when you're tp?

Your start wasn't so bad but as soon as I realized who you are I kinda just said well let's see where this goes.

You usually push back against easy town clears on yourself because as tp you're paranoid af and I'm just not seeing it so far.

Turn it up buddy ol pal.
I'm town cleared? Didn't think that was the case. I blame the 24hr lock down, kinda took the gas out of my tank. It's something I'll have to get used to.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:43 pm @Krusty the Clown
Thoughts on Grandpa -
I was null on him until the attempted derp clear. A couple others have made decent scum cases on him but I haven't spent any time on him yet, so I suppose I'm scum leaning him strictly due to his bunk entrance today.
That derp clear was so derp that I'm inclined to give him a pass, for now.

Homer & CBG are on my radar at the moment.

Thoughts on why the Maf ignored the tracker claim & left Skinner alone?

ImageImageImage
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:56 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 pm
Because I wanted to?

Turn it up buddy ol pal.
I'm town cleared? Didn't think that was the case. I blame the 24hr lock down, kinda took the gas out of my tank. It's something I'll have to get used to.
A few players, myself included, gave you pretty easy town leans D1. It's a new space so I kinda get it and understand to some extent.
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:59 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:43 pm @Krusty the Clown
Thoughts on Grandpa -
That derp clear was so derp that I'm inclined to give him a pass, for now.

Homer & CBG are on my radar at the moment.

Thoughts on why the Maf ignored the tracker claim & left Skinner alone?
Well he's either maf or they felt the town cleared Flanders was more dangerous. Could be a play for a mislynch, but I don't see that happening until we have a cc.

So gramps and cbg eh. I can see that, I'm more suspicious of cbg.

Who's in your town pile?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 am Finally caught up! I'm feeling things, feeling a lot of things but I'm having trouble trying to put them into words lol. It was also pretty difficult internalizing information, felt like reading posts from new players everywhere and the lack of familiarity with avys I guess you get lost sometimes and don't even remember who said what.

I think my strongest town reads would be Marge, Otto and Alison. Found myself agreeing with like almost everything Marge saying and that's pretty crazy lol. We have the two same scum reads and like most of her posts comes off as natural and you can see her train of thoughts. They're like open and accessible if that makes any sense, doesn't feel like there is an agenda behind them. I usually find the "lol" and other laughing acronyms as scum tells sometimes when they don't really match the tone and vibe of a player, and they're like using them to sweeten their post and comes off as anxious. Here it feels like she's just having fun, and it kind of gives off a good care free vibe that is townie.

Otto and Alison are the og contributors of the thread. I liked the energy they came in with, and it felt like it came with genuine game solving intent. Didn't really agree all that much with some of Otto's reads but they felt genuine, a lot of progression and reconsiderations which makes me feel like he's trying to figure out people for real and not just putting a show. I particularly liked post 72, I think it's the kind of post that only town does. It's nothing fancy but like scum never make them because they're never solving for real. I don't know if this make any sense lol, it's like the kind of self reflecting and gathering of thoughts that comes from a townie mindset when they're trying to get a feel for the state of the game. Agreed with his Gtumple take, felt also genuine and not like him wanting to get Grumple off his back. I understand it too 'cause you usually can have personal takes on how someone is treating you so you can get reads from it, I'm a no u specialist since I feel like I have good instincts for when scum is pushing me for bullshit reasons lol. Overall have the same thought about Alison, I liked her Gramps take and while I started suspecting him for different and more personal reasons, her take are good. The change of speed of Gramps is particularily telling. I also like her feelings about the state of the game and how its going, feel like genuine town concerns.

Pretty much agree with Marge about Homer. The idgaf attitude her and not tailoring his game to people especially after getting prodded is more likely town than not. Also it actually feels genuine, rather than like a scum trying to sell that fake bravado. He kind of embodies it here lol. The lock town on Mill is absolutely beautiful.

I'm having some trouble with CBG, little bit of a love hate relationship. I kind of read his concise posts as town like, they feel like naked thoughts and right to the point. Also some of the silly one liners he's dished have surprisingly pinged me town lol. He has that same attitude vibe that Homer have, although it's not something that is unfakeable (if that is word). Not sure if I'm dumb but post 417 is town for me lmao. We have Mill about to get eliminated, and it's like a meme-y mafia read on him that I just don't think Mafia ever makes. It's fucking hilarious.

Unlike his parents, I have no fucking clue who Bart is. He's in my townpile though. I guess for the bland reasons that his thoughts are genuine bla bla bla lol. I kind of like the little work he's done when he's been playing the game and contributing. Feels real to me, and while it actually matches other peoples reads especially the scum reads, it kind of comes off as he's coming into them on his own like he's playing the game at his own pace.

Kristy, and Lisa are in my PoE. I haven't really figured them out much and some stuff have pinged me. Also not a lot of things to work with. Krusty gives off a weird disattached vibe, like he's a robot if that makes sense lol. There is like no emotion accompanying his posts and it comes off as if he's not actually trying to figure people out just asking questions. Speaking of questions, I'm not seeing him reach much conclusions and seems like he's just faking contributions through those questions who don't seem most of the time to be stuff that will actually help him figure someone out. More like bland and semantic stuff that I guess help him fake contribution. I think his take on Mill's wall post is the kind of wolfy remark used to shade others. He's like piggy backing off others when they're discussing Mill, and he just pops in to point out something that can be seen as scummy and then nothing further. He dips from there with clean hands. Kind of saw it that way.

Not a big fan of Lisa's little contribution. Feels like she's hunting some easy posts to go off of, and then just share some bland takes. She's kind of using them to appear as if contributing. It's not the lack of reasoning that is off to me, it's more like they seem to be random as hell. There is no train of thoughts or contuinity to them, she's not like quoting different posts about a same discussion trying to give her thoughts about them or add to the discussion. She's more putting her hand into a lot of different discussion to I guess appear more visible, and broaden her reach.

Already talked about Gramps and Burns who are at the bottom of my PoE. Haven't really moved much off of them after catching up completely, although I'd say I'm still mulling over some things I've seen from Gramps. Also the inactives thing could be a culture/playstyle clash, but even then I'm not a big fan of the rest of his contribution. The gear shift that Alison built her case on is something I agree with as well. Scums are more likely to make it when called out, and it kind of shows that whatever vibe or attitude they had prior was fake.

I still fucking hate Mr. Burns with a passion. I think he was trying to discredit early on Alison and Otto with the fear mongering about them potentially power wolfing. It's a cheap way to shade someone while posing it as a an open ended question, "oh I'm just aking myself" "I'm not sure". It sounds so fucking fake, and it's usually the kind of cowardy wolf tactics to shade loud voices. No fucking townie put that thought out there immediately. It's so slimy lol.

I've got more thoughts there, and also more thoughts in general but this is it for this post. It actually fucking sucks to come from behind 'cause I have so many problems trying to put into words everything I want to say lol. I guess that'll serve me missing the whole phase. Hopefully I'll keep being up to date this phase. I initially thought about iso-ing every single player and then sharing my thoughts posts by posts as that'd be easier, but fuck that lmao.
Interesting...has trouble putting thoughts into words, then proceeds to post an absolute novel. Ya, makes sense. Also, not a fan at all of the last minute pop-in at EoD last RD, giving Milhouse a townread on pretty much nothing (cuz' that's what Milhouse had done up to that point....nuthin') right before he gets axed. Super convenient way for a wolf to appear towny.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Comic Book Guy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm I'm legit town.
This is uber-convincing.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

[mention]Otto Mann[/mention] My town pile isn't very strong as far as my certainty of them. Alison is my strongest lean, followed by you. After that it's some reads doing better than null, but by no means strong leans. Lisa, Burns, Grampa, Bart.

Scum leans on Hugh Jass, Homer, & The Grumple right now.

ImageImageImage
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:12 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 am Finally caught up! I'm feeling things, feeling a lot of things but I'm having trouble trying to put them into words lol. It was also pretty difficult internalizing information, felt like reading posts from new players everywhere and the lack of familiarity with avys I guess you get lost sometimes and don't even remember who said what.

I think my strongest town reads would be Marge, Otto and Alison. Found myself agreeing with like almost everything Marge saying and that's pretty crazy lol. We have the two same scum reads and like most of her posts comes off as natural and you can see her train of thoughts. They're like open and accessible if that makes any sense, doesn't feel like there is an agenda behind them. I usually find the "lol" and other laughing acronyms as scum tells sometimes when they don't really match the tone and vibe of a player, and they're like using them to sweeten their post and comes off as anxious. Here it feels like she's just having fun, and it kind of gives off a good care free vibe that is townie.

Otto and Alison are the og contributors of the thread. I liked the energy they came in with, and it felt like it came with genuine game solving intent. Didn't really agree all that much with some of Otto's reads but they felt genuine, a lot of progression and reconsiderations which makes me feel like he's trying to figure out people for real and not just putting a show. I particularly liked post 72, I think it's the kind of post that only town does. It's nothing fancy but like scum never make them because they're never solving for real. I don't know if this make any sense lol, it's like the kind of self reflecting and gathering of thoughts that comes from a townie mindset when they're trying to get a feel for the state of the game. Agreed with his Gtumple take, felt also genuine and not like him wanting to get Grumple off his back. I understand it too 'cause you usually can have personal takes on how someone is treating you so you can get reads from it, I'm a no u specialist since I feel like I have good instincts for when scum is pushing me for bullshit reasons lol. Overall have the same thought about Alison, I liked her Gramps take and while I started suspecting him for different and more personal reasons, her take are good. The change of speed of Gramps is particularily telling. I also like her feelings about the state of the game and how its going, feel like genuine town concerns.

Pretty much agree with Marge about Homer. The idgaf attitude her and not tailoring his game to people especially after getting prodded is more likely town than not. Also it actually feels genuine, rather than like a scum trying to sell that fake bravado. He kind of embodies it here lol. The lock town on Mill is absolutely beautiful.

I'm having some trouble with CBG, little bit of a love hate relationship. I kind of read his concise posts as town like, they feel like naked thoughts and right to the point. Also some of the silly one liners he's dished have surprisingly pinged me town lol. He has that same attitude vibe that Homer have, although it's not something that is unfakeable (if that is word). Not sure if I'm dumb but post 417 is town for me lmao. We have Mill about to get eliminated, and it's like a meme-y mafia read on him that I just don't think Mafia ever makes. It's fucking hilarious.

Unlike his parents, I have no fucking clue who Bart is. He's in my townpile though. I guess for the bland reasons that his thoughts are genuine bla bla bla lol. I kind of like the little work he's done when he's been playing the game and contributing. Feels real to me, and while it actually matches other peoples reads especially the scum reads, it kind of comes off as he's coming into them on his own like he's playing the game at his own pace.

Kristy, and Lisa are in my PoE. I haven't really figured them out much and some stuff have pinged me. Also not a lot of things to work with. Krusty gives off a weird disattached vibe, like he's a robot if that makes sense lol. There is like no emotion accompanying his posts and it comes off as if he's not actually trying to figure people out just asking questions. Speaking of questions, I'm not seeing him reach much conclusions and seems like he's just faking contributions through those questions who don't seem most of the time to be stuff that will actually help him figure someone out. More like bland and semantic stuff that I guess help him fake contribution. I think his take on Mill's wall post is the kind of wolfy remark used to shade others. He's like piggy backing off others when they're discussing Mill, and he just pops in to point out something that can be seen as scummy and then nothing further. He dips from there with clean hands. Kind of saw it that way.

Not a big fan of Lisa's little contribution. Feels like she's hunting some easy posts to go off of, and then just share some bland takes. She's kind of using them to appear as if contributing. It's not the lack of reasoning that is off to me, it's more like they seem to be random as hell. There is no train of thoughts or contuinity to them, she's not like quoting different posts about a same discussion trying to give her thoughts about them or add to the discussion. She's more putting her hand into a lot of different discussion to I guess appear more visible, and broaden her reach.

Already talked about Gramps and Burns who are at the bottom of my PoE. Haven't really moved much off of them after catching up completely, although I'd say I'm still mulling over some things I've seen from Gramps. Also the inactives thing could be a culture/playstyle clash, but even then I'm not a big fan of the rest of his contribution. The gear shift that Alison built her case on is something I agree with as well. Scums are more likely to make it when called out, and it kind of shows that whatever vibe or attitude they had prior was fake.

I still fucking hate Mr. Burns with a passion. I think he was trying to discredit early on Alison and Otto with the fear mongering about them potentially power wolfing. It's a cheap way to shade someone while posing it as a an open ended question, "oh I'm just aking myself" "I'm not sure". It sounds so fucking fake, and it's usually the kind of cowardy wolf tactics to shade loud voices. No fucking townie put that thought out there immediately. It's so slimy lol.

I've got more thoughts there, and also more thoughts in general but this is it for this post. It actually fucking sucks to come from behind 'cause I have so many problems trying to put into words everything I want to say lol. I guess that'll serve me missing the whole phase. Hopefully I'll keep being up to date this phase. I initially thought about iso-ing every single player and then sharing my thoughts posts by posts as that'd be easier, but fuck that lmao.
Interesting...has trouble putting thoughts into words, then proceeds to post an absolute novel. Ya, makes sense. Also, not a fan at all of the last minute pop-in at EoD last RD, giving Milhouse a townread on pretty much nothing (cuz' that's what Milhouse had done up to that point....nuthin') right before he gets axed. Super convenient way for a wolf to appear towny.
I like this read. Exactly the kind of thing I've been waiting for from you.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

i am a disappointment
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

i'm sorry everyone. i meant to be more active. life shit's been fucked up lately and i've had no energy.

please know that i am still here, just... slower.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Hugh Jass »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:23 am Hugh I know you have a townread on CBG, so I'm interested to here your thoughts on my case on him above. How fakeable do you think the towntells you picked up from him are?
That's where the love/hate relationship I mentioned kicks in, I don't think it's entirely impossible to fake them especially since it's the only thing he has going for them. Them being a sockpuppet makes it a little bit harder to gauge. Your case seems alright, I can see why you'd have a grippe with some of the things they said. It comes down to the train of thoughts behind them I guess, it doesn't feel like there is an agenda behind of them or that he's actually trying to fake contribution through them because of how disjointed they are. Which speaks to the lack of progression you mentioned. Not sure if that makes any sense to you lol.

I'd like to see more from him though, so that I can either fall in love or develop hatred.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

I think the Otto track is fine. He was a pretty vocal player on D1 and didn't seem to have been suspected. I guess that makes him the closest thing to a deep wolf we'd have in this game so far. I can see the idea behind it as like if they're Mafia, the probability of them performing the kill is considerable.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:00 am CBG is looking just as scummy as he was at the end of last RD. 2 posts thus far, with a total of like 5, maybe 6 words? Feels like he's scum that's having a hard time engaging the thread after his early interactions.
This is a fair take.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:18 am Not sure if we've seen a post from Homer that's longer than 2 sentences. Others have of course noticed the lack of participation, but I wonder....does Homer as W give Marge a town read if they're scum buds? I'd think he'd participate more if that were the case
How about your take on him independently?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Comic Book Guy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm I'm legit town.
Who isn't?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm They're connected. At first I disliked the "not being here" thing, then I disliked what I saw as an OMGUS vote.

Since then, you've both shown up and developed your read, so both reasons for not liking your play have been resolved. And while I don't like your read on me, it's coherent and reasoned, so I can't say you're just making things up or anything like that.
Fair enough, although I still have my gripes with 'not being here'. I understand disliking it when someone has entered then dips or is just not being there doing work. Preemptively disliking a no show makes little sense to me when they're supposed to be a null, it just feeds the idea I have in my mind of you struggling to put out content and interacting with the thread, and using inactive to navigate through it. Fwiw I hate inactive myself lol.

What are your thoughts on the rest of my reads? Also what about yours as well.
Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm I don't like it when people think I'm a wolf

I think you've moved up in being town-read, despite me not liking that you did that by pushing me further down into the POE. I have no idea if that makes sense.

Okay, put differently: You're doing town-y things now which makes it more likely you're town, and since I'm interested in finding villagers that's a good thing. Maybe eventually I can convince you I'm town too.
Same, I hate being suspected as Town and I adhere to the no u school of Mafia.

Get on with your works then Gramps.
Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm A very quick hypothetical example:

Person A: "Town."

Person B: "I agree. How they responded to Person C gave me town vibes."

*later*

Person D: "Person A, what's your read on that guy?"

Person A: [repeats what Person B said]

In a vacuum, totally fine. You can read someone's case, agree, and make it your own. But if acquiring reads by making people fill in the blanks is the only thing you're doing...

Another side of it is that if someone just says "town" or "scum," they're not actually telling you anything. Okay, you think some guy is town and you've quoted a post. Why? How does that relate to their other posts, to the people they've interacted with? Even just "it's a vibe" is something possibly usable later. As-is, a one-word reply is empty.
Meh, this is very superficial. I feel like your overstating the effect that a wall list of gth reads could have, and how someone can manipulate them. There is absolutely no different in how this plays out if it were just singular remarks on specific posts made by Player A. It's also not like it'd be impossible for them to steal someone's homework by just reading the thread and parroting some thoughts if that was the objective initially. It'd be actually easier work, and put them less in the spotlight. It all feels all too contrived for a reason.
Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm Not inherently. I don't think sharing where I'm from is against the rules, so I'll say I'm from CFC/CivFanatics Center. There, it's often modus operandi for wolves to slank or meme their way to a victory, and the town usually adopts a liberal interpretation of Too Wolfy To Be A Wolf. People who just joke around or go inactive without doing anything else are usually a decent bet to flip as scum. It used to be the case that those people were given the benefit of the doubt because "surely wolves wouldn't do that every time," but then the wolves would do that every time. I guess it could just be that I've grown bitter about it.

I like banter, it's my favourite part of Mafia, but nearing EOD and then as the game progresses I do think more seriousness is warranted. Like if we're trying to solve, or at least poke holes in reads, it's specifically detrimental to town for there to be villagers (or wolves) just doing their own thing, game state be damned. You can't solve someone just joking around without flipping them or mech-clearing them somehow, and if they never offer a read, or if they never offer a read that's reasoned, then they're not helping the rest of town either. Then the people who ARE playing the game have to find a way to win in spite of their supposed-to-be allies.

So I err towards resolving slankers and jokers in the early game if they don't *play the game* at some point, barring scum slips, total meltdowns, and wolf play (like making a read based off of made-up information and presenting it like cold hard facts). If you ask someone to give you a read or to respond to someone else's case and they just go "nah," I have no problem considering that anti-town and on the list of things to be excised. A soccer goalie who just sits down in the middle of the goal might stop a couple shots over the course of the game but their team is going to be pissed that their teammate is opting out when they specifically agreed to play that game. To an extent I think that applies here. If every villager pulls a Milhouse or a Homer, then it's a guaranteed loss almost every time. I don't mind taking it easy, that's my go-to when I'm not writing big posts like these, but there's gotta be something to work with at some point.
This is all fair, and pretty interesting. Not sure what I can add to it lol. Thanks for the info.

And it's a football goalie btw :goofp:
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

A vig is always the answer. We usually have them in every game where I'm from, and slankers are their favorite food.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Having trouble doesn't necessarily equate to complete inability. I'd say I'm not satisfied with how it came out and I have more. What about the content of the post itself though?

How super convenient is it when you're not a big fan of it, and Mr. Burns tried to use it against me as well? As for the reasoning behind it, I've shared it and I don't belive it was nothing. Have you read that?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

The Grumple wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:54 pm i'm sorry everyone. i meant to be more active. life shit's been fucked up lately and i've had no energy.

please know that i am still here, just... slower.
Hope it gets better. Got anything?
Broken
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Broken »

Grumple could be scum.
Broken
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Broken »

Otto, Grampa, Hugh all varying degrees of townish.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Comic Book Guy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:29 pm Grumple could be scum.
Anything deeper than the AtE? I hAtE AtE.

Also, I'm curious about your early wolf read on Alison, can you explain that to me please.
Broken
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Broken »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:40 pm

Also, I'm curious about your early wolf read on Alison, can you explain that to me please.
I thought she was scummy because she seemed kinda verbose and focused on minutia.

I think she's town now, though.

Does this satisfy you?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Comic Book Guy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:43 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:40 pm

I thought she was scummy because she seemed kinda verbose and focused on minutia.

I think she's town now, though.

Does this satisfy you?
Nope. It's very different from what I remember seeing at the time.
Guess I'll have to read back looking for what you're talking about.

You didn't address your Grumple read.

I'm actually pretty easy to please, are you allergic to effort?

Return to “Previous Heists”