Shadow Corridors Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:37 pm If Alison just accused a player of TMI in a setup where no TMI is possible, I am inclined to read her as town.

but i might be misunderstanding that role.
I guessed that the mafia would know who each other are and just be anonymous in mafia chat but I'm not sure.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 297

Post by Alison »

Why don't we just ask the source directly

@Made

Can you tell us why you thought a consolidation on tutuu would lead to a misexe? At the time you made that post, what made you sure tutuu was town?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:23 am Lock town: BoKnows, Falcon, Thunal
Town: Flanders, MacDougall, NIK, nutella
Scum: Poison, tutuu

Something something. I think I've explained all my reads except NIK (nothing special, just good tone) and MacDougall (I think he tries to powerwolf here if he is a wolf, not slank).
Patch notes: tutuu upgraded to Town category. Made inserted into Town category. Grand Scheme is like slightly below null.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:37 pm If Alison just accused a player of TMI in a setup where no TMI is possible, I am inclined to read her as town.

I guessed that the mafia would know who each other are and just be anonymous in mafia chat but I'm not sure.
it could be that as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:38 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:30 pm
Made wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:56 am Honestly, the fact that we have so much to talk about on D0 is very weird to me, I'm use to running jokes at this point, but to me it feel like they might actually stick. I feel like if things stay on their current path, we're running into a "crap we need to lynch someone...uhhhh okay let's lynch Tutuu" situation, and I just don't like that staging. I'm inclined to give Tutuu a "bye" because of it. The obvious direction from there is to look at the people who have been pushing that bus hardest-- Poison and to a lesser extent Nutella--but passed that, I wouldn't mind more conversation around Flanders.

Thoughts?
@Sloonei

This is the post I thought might have TMI, in that it presumes tutuu is going to flip green, but I could see it as more of a wagonomics kind of deal, which is why I still townread Made overall.
That post pinged me as well, for similar reasons.
In contrast to my tentative town read on Alison, I don't love this post from falcon. Alison was generating her own read from a place which may or may not have been valid. Falcon was just hopping through the door that Alison had opened.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm Why don't we just ask the source directly

@Made

Can you tell us why you thought a consolidation on tutuu would lead to a misexe? At the time you made that post, what made you sure tutuu was town?
I have no reason to think Tutuu is town, but simple wagonomics (which is my new favorite term btw) makes her THE D1/D2 mark.
  • High post volume
  • Making large number of accusations
  • Zany Meta
  • Visibly frustrated/Defensive
  • Almost unanimously viewed as sus
She has all the marks of a someone who'd get last minute bandwagon in a way that would result in town learning nothing from who voted who, even if she is bad. Obviously, voting out a baddie is good even if we don't learn anything from it, but I don't get why we'd willingly set ourselves up for a situation where a large number of players(including her hypothetical teammates) vote Tutuu. Close lynches give us much more valuable voting records.

Taking a step back, that list is also a good list of reasons why she could be bad, but having been lynched for similar reasons as a civvie in the past, I'm sympathetic to the optics and think there's a lot to gain from proactively looking elsewhere.
Pov: you reading my takes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:58 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm Why don't we just ask the source directly

@Made

I have no reason to think Tutuu is town, but simple wagonomics (which is my new favorite term btw) makes her THE D1/D2 mark.
  • High post volume
  • Making large number of accusations
  • Zany Meta
  • Visibly frustrated/Defensive
  • Almost unanimously viewed as sus
She has all the marks of a someone who'd get last minute bandwagon in a way that would result in town learning nothing from who voted who, even if she is bad. Obviously, voting out a baddie is good even if we don't learn anything from it, but I don't get why we'd willingly set ourselves up for a situation where a large number of players(including her hypothetical teammates) vote Tutuu. Close lynches give us much more valuable voting records.

Taking a step back, that list is also a good list of reasons why she could be bad, but having been lynched for similar reasons as a civvie in the past, I'm sympathetic to the optics and think there's a lot to gain from proactively looking elsewhere.
Gun to your head, what is tutuu’s alignment?
What about Alison?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

To be explicit Looking Elsewhere≠"Trusting"/"Reading as town"
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Gun to head, Tutuu is bad and Alison is town, but like I don't think it's best practice to give too much weight to that w/o context b/c the ~~w a g o n o m i c s~~, especially on D0.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:55 pm
Made wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:56 am Honestly, the fact that we have so much to talk about on D0 is very weird to me, I'm use to running jokes at this point, but to me it feel like they might actually stick. I feel like if things stay on their current path, we're running into a "crap we need to lynch someone...uhhhh okay let's lynch Tutuu" situation, and I just don't like that staging. I'm inclined to give Tutuu a "bye" because of it. The obvious direction from there is to look at the people who have been pushing that bus hardest-- Poison and to a lesser extent Nutella--but passed that, I wouldn't mind more conversation around Flanders.

Thoughts?
@Sloonei

This is the post I thought might have TMI, in that it presumes tutuu is going to flip green, but I could see it as more of a wagonomics kind of deal, which is why I still townread Made overall.
In contrast to my tentative town read on Alison, I don't love this post from falcon. Alison was generating her own read from a place which may or may not have been valid. Falcon was just hopping through the door that Alison had opened.
Giving this a bye personally b/c of earned good faith. Alison is making good takes, and so has falcon. It's not that weird they're agreeing. Something something mindmeld
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't really agree with your way of looking at wagonomics but I think the way you're looking at it is a pretty hard to fake townie mindset.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I also suspect there's some meta dissonance going on here because you mentioned high post volume and aggressive entrances as something that gets people scumread more often, when in my experience it's likely to be the opposite.
Alison

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:19 am

Thoughts?
What gives you the feeling that the jokes are going to "actually stick", and what do you mean by that?
@Sloonei Falcon already brought up the point about agreeing with it looking like TMI way before I did, just two posts after the original Made post.

You're giving Tuutu a "bye" based on a hypothetical lynch scenario?

Certainly other players, including Flanders, Poison & Nutella, need to be looked at...interesting that you miss Alison, but you seem to be basing this off an assumed Tuutu green flip because of "staging" that you don't define.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Let's try that formatting again.
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:19 am Certainly other players, including Flanders, Poison & Nutella, need to be looked at...interesting that you miss Alison, but you seem to be basing this off an assumed Tuutu green flip because of "staging" that you don't define.
@ Sloonei Falcon already brought up the point about agreeing with it looking like TMI way before I did, just two posts after the original Made post.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Thoughts?
@Sloonei

Giving this a bye personally b/c of earned good faith. Alison is making good takes, and so has falcon. It's not that weird they're agreeing. Something something mindmeld
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:54 am
Alison wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:13 pm tutuu might actually be scum here.

BK, Flanders, Falcon, Poison V
agreed
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:01 am
Alison wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:27 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:25 pm
Poison wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:15 pm everyone scum reading tutuuu. hmmm... what did she do wrong, I don't remember her getting scum read this early.
idk man haters with their unrealistic expectations
are you depressed because for so long you've been waiting to thrash us and show us how dangerous it was for us to always townclear you early and now when you finally rolled scum you get suspected immediately?
zing
@Sloonei But I was pinged by Nutella early on for the same reason, but she notably lacks the kinds of takes falcon has provided
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:07 pm I also suspect there's some meta dissonance going on here because you mentioned high post volume and aggressive entrances as something that gets people scumread more often, when in my experience it's likely to be the opposite.
Interesting. Like really really really interesting. Noted.
Aggressive entrances have always gotten people killed when I've played.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Every site has their own meta and old Syndicate probably has a different meta from current Syndicate.

I think nutella sheeping everyone's reads is well within her town range lol, she's sort of infamous for it.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:15 pm Every site has their own meta and old Syndicate probably has a different meta from current Syndicate.

I think nutella sheeping everyone's reads is well within her town range lol, she's sort of infamous for it.
This has been consistent for like 4 years :haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made is town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:15 pm Every site has their own meta and old Syndicate probably has a different meta from current Syndicate.

Yeah I was gonna point this out. Made’s an old school syndicat playing in his first game in a long time. He’ll be operating in a different cultural meta than most folks here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:30 pm So I'm here.

I would like to first disclose that my reads here on players (who are also in my other game) are going to be independent of my other game that I'm hosting; hypothetically speaking my reads on some players right now could be influenced by observing them in the other game & knowing their alignment as the host, and then comparing to this game.

If this presents too much of an ethical problem though then I'll see if I can get replaced. Otherwise, I would like to stop discussing the other game here.

Also
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:40 pm Figuring what time of year it is a good estimate would be after thanksgiving say Friday the 27th
This doesn't warn me that a 24-hour D0 would begin on thanksgiving lol
My apologies I forgot I worked late today and wanted to make sure I didn’t miss the start date
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

mafia don’t know eachother and have btsc with the mastermind. They all have host provided code names
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 797
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Towny McTownface wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:36 am Am I the only one that used a sockpuppet?
Towny McTownface wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 am I was under the impression that sock puppets were going to be the default, but now I just feel kinda silly
hi LC :goofp:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:09 pm Let's try that formatting again.
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:19 am Certainly other players, including Flanders, Poison & Nutella, need to be looked at...interesting that you miss Alison, but you seem to be basing this off an assumed Tuutu green flip because of "staging" that you don't define.
@ Sloonei Falcon already brought up the point about agreeing with it looking like TMI way before I did, just two posts after the original Made post.
Noted
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Made wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:04 pm Gun to head, Tutuu is bad and Alison is town, but like I don't think it's best practice to give too much weight to that w/o context b/c the ~~w a g o n o m i c s~~, especially on D0.
Do you have a stronger suspect than Tutuu?
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:30 am
Poison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:57 am Man, I'm so excited about the 3p roles idk why.
:thinking: This reaction to there being 3p isn't really a towny response. I think it's >rand that you're scum or 3p from this.
yeah agreed she posted about 3ps like obsessively for like 20 posts it's super weird
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can I get a sockpuppet and you all just act like you don’t know it’s me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 341

Post by Thundercat »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:27 pm Can I get a sockpuppet and you all just act like you don’t know it’s me?
I don't know you, does that count?
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Grand Scheme »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:27 pm Can I get a sockpuppet and you all just act like you don’t know it’s me?
Granted! How marvelous!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Made wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:16 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:11 pm 13 pages in one day, huh. that's the current normal?
Skip the first 200. Also hi again :)

If anyone really thinks there’s things in the first 200 that aught to be read, speak now or forever hold your peace
understood, someone @ me if anything important happens in the first 200 pages
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Does saying the word “sockpuppet” summon them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Hi account that's clearly a sockpuppet! Who are you?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:35 pm
Gene Parmesan, how ya doing?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 341

Post by 112 »

i didn't realize this started

on page 2
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:27 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:30 am
Poison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:57 am Man, I'm so excited about the 3p roles idk why.
:thinking: This reaction to there being 3p isn't really a towny response. I think it's >rand that you're scum or 3p from this.
yeah agreed she posted about 3ps like obsessively for like 20 posts it's super weird
I also dislike that it felt like Poison was pushing Tutuu from the sidelines early on and only started suspecting Tutuu after a few others did. Like someone else (forgot who) said, it's like she wants Tutuu eliminated but doesn't want to get her hands dirty.
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

112 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:37 pm i didn't realize this started

on page 2
Skip the first 200 post
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:36 pm
I'm doing fine, Mr. Parmesan. Do you have reads yet?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:39 pm
I am about to leave for work now and was going to drop this Spicy read unsolicited if you hadn’t asked:
Nutella is mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Joe Who? »

:keys:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

KZA wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:08 pm My Canucks friends think I'm scum which is sad because I think BK and Falcon are definitely town. Flanders is probably just town too, I'm sure he'll let us know if he's not.

NIK is either trying to spin a narrative on me or genuinely expected me to shitpost all day and I'm letting him down. Gonna have to be null on him for now, I know he missed me.

That's it for my rusty rusty meta reads. 112 please arrive soon.

---

Other updated thoughts from me Thunal town, their early progression on I think Tutuu seemed believable.

Allison is probably just town, even though I know she likes wolfing.

MacD could be scum, playing a lot like he did early on as scum in Pyre Mafia. Worth noting I'm not very familiar with his play in general though.

I feel like half the player list or less has checked in and most of the discussion is coming from 3 or 4 people so I'm gonna keep chilling.
ok you can be town for now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:10 pm
BoKnows wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:44 pm The yellow font hurt me eyes.
What background are you using?
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:14 pm
BoKnows wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:11 pm
The white one
We have a black one that I think is much nicer. I think the prosilver background became the default when the site went nuts a couple weeks ago, but it’s not supposed to be.
this is how sloonei reenters the thread after a while?

his first post was already so wolfy and this isnt doing him any favors
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:41 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:39 pm
I am about to leave for work now and was going to drop this Spicy read unsolicited if you hadn’t asked:
Nutella is mafia.
not feeling it
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 pm
The white one
We have a black one that I think is much nicer. I think the prosilver background became the default when the site went nuts a couple weeks ago, but it’s not supposed to be.

How was his first post wolfy?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:35 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm -Mastermind-Obliterator: Makes Mafia members appear anonymous while in mafia chat. Counts as a Mafia Member. Steals Wincon from Mafia if Mafia wins. Can Obliterate players at night by matching players to roles.
*SECRETS*
is tmi even possible in this setup?
this is tmi :wowee:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

(no really what does that mean do the mafia actually not know who each other are :??????? that doesnt make any sense lolz)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 191

Post by falcon45ca »

4 posts from Thundercat, and none of them look even remotely close to town trying to solve the game
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:23 pm

mafia don’t know eachother and have btsc with the mastermind. They all have host provided code names
ok what the actual fuck
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

anyway, sloonei is actually lock mafia sheep me fools
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:35 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm -Mastermind-Obliterator: Makes Mafia members appear anonymous while in mafia chat. Counts as a Mafia Member. Steals Wincon from Mafia if Mafia wins. Can Obliterate players at night by matching players to roles.
*SECRETS*
is tmi even possible in this setup?
this is tmi :wowee:
I know Sloonei wasn't all that motivated at the start of Grasslands but that's the only time I played with him, so is low motivation at the start actually wolf indicative for him?
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:04 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 pm
The white one

How was his first post wolfy?
meant his 2nd post about wishing he had a sock / not wanting ppl to read him

anyway his iso has gotten even worse recently, talking about forum tools and other non-game-relevant stuff, trying to act forcedly casual, and obviously being more aware of the mafia anon thing bringing it up and then trying to cover that up by saying he could be misreading it, i had no idea that was even a thing but clearly he did. like it's possible he had just read it carefully and noticed it but i wasn't convinced that was the correct interpretation until sprit confirmed cause it seems so wild to me, but sloonei seemed to know
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”