tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 14

[FULL] - SIGNUPS - Doppelgangsters

Post by tutuu »

DOPPELGANGSTERS

10 Town vs 3 Mafia

Closed Setup Low Power Role Madness

48/24 phases. 7 pm EST SoD/EoD timings. 100 day post cap, 50 night post cap. Minimum of 10 posts per day phase.

No hidden godfathers, unaware millers, redirectors, bus drivers, alignment conversion, soup kills (aka anti-claim kills).

The shtick of the game is this: a sockpuppet account is created that matches the identity of every player in the game. (For instance nutella -> nutella_). These are then shuffled and randomly redistributed among the players, in a way that nobody can rand their own accounts. Players will be free to claim and lie about their identities, as well as discuss other people's identities, as much as they wish, at their own risk. They can also role claim and info dump as much as they wish, at their own risk. Players are encouraged to roleplay as the identity they are given as accurately as possible in the following manner:

There will be a jury of unspoiled spectators (unspoiled about both alignments and real identities) watching the game, made up from as many people as I can gather. Every day phase, they will give a single award for "Best Roleplay" to the person they think roleplayed their identity the most accurately on this specific day. That player will then permanently unlock a small special bonus from their rolecard that lied dormant previously. Every player can win only one of these awards, after which they are excluded from future voting, as they have already unlocked their one and only prize. The winner will be publicly announced every time.

Jury/spec chat members won't need to read everything and cast a vote every day. They can just pop-in whenever, cast a vote if they feel like it, or if not, that's cool too! If you don't have time to fully commit to playing, please join the jury/spec chat! It won't be a heavy commitment! The game will start whenever it's filled and I have a sufficient amount of jury members.

Upon signing up, please provide links to 3 completed town games that you think describe your playstyle and personality well, as well as one completed scum game that can provide sufficient meta to people who don't know you. This is mandatory!

Mechanics:
-Tied wagons get randed
-No hammer before LyLo
-Locked votes and hammer at LyLo
-Mafia kill is assigned and mandatory
-No yeet is a viable option
-Mafia will have a 24/7 discord chat
-If a player shares an out of thread chat with another player and rands their identity, I will forbid them from copy pasting posts in order to gain unfair advantage in mimicking, as well as "coaching" them (wrt identity). The purpose is to have fun and try your best to roleplay as best as you can by yourself!
-There will be a 24 hour Day 0
-Generally no double targeting or self-targeting unless specifically told you can
-Mafia will be allowed to use negative actions on each other, including even the factional mafia kill (as long as you don't try to self-target). This is a rule of thumb that I will be having in all of my games as I think it should be standard
-Night actions will need to be sent to me 1 hour before SoD at the latest. I will then resolve them. The thread (night chat) will be locked 2 hours before SoD.
-Unless specifically told, generally speaking, day actions can only be resolved 1 hour after SoD, and they cannot be resolved 1 hour before EoD. Generally speaking I will allow proxying them, if it's viable/relevant(Another rule of thumb)
-The day post cap will be lifted 1 hour before EoD, and players can then make unlimited posts until EoD
-Having a discord account is mandatory
-Mafia will be provided with multiple fakeclaims to choose from
-I might add more stuff in case I'm forgetting something

Rules:
Do not break these rules, please. I will give out warnings/compensations/modkills depending on how I judge the severity.
1. You should not mention that you have angleshooty/OGI reads. You should never mention the word "angleshoot" or "OGI" in a post period. If you attain one, make up another reason to justify the read or speculation, something that's tied to in-game stuff that other people can engage with. If you claim that "I have a dirty read on X and I can't say why" - nobody can engage with this, and I don't believe it's fair. Do not respond to other people mentioning anything regarding angleshooting, because things can have a domino effect. Just alert the host and pretend the post doesn't exist.
2. The players should not interact with the host ITT in any way. They should not ping them with questions, they should ask privately.
3. Do not refer to mod communication. That's obvious, but:
4. When having to refer to mod communication because you have no other choice (for instance, you need to ask the host on clarification on your role): Do not say "I asked tutuu and she told me this and this and that". Instead, you should say "I was told that blah blah blah". Do not clarify that you asked me something and do not clarify on the timing of this player/host communication. Leave it as ambiguous as possible.
5. Do not mention ongoing games, do not interact with them in any way shape or form. Even if you're dead in one, if that game is not completed, pretend that it does not exist. Do not mention this game in any other games you're playing as well.
6. Do not mention substitutions. Do not post reads that speculate about alignment based on substitution, do not publicly ask players to sub out, do not say that you are considering subbing out especially for game-relevant reasons.
"I'm very busy with exams, I think I'm going to sub out guys." - Generally I frown upon this but I most likely won't punish you.
"I've been very frustrated with how I was treated this game, I'm considering subbing out" - I am going to punish you for posts like these. They angleshoot you as town, please do not make them.
7. Do not try to gain information and discuss things related to the verbatim wordings of things in rolecards and night action results.
8. Do not threaten to quote your role PM, sub out, get yourself modkilled on purpose etc our of frustration. Essentially this is a form of anti-AtE rule.
9. Paraphrase as much as possible when claiming your role or night results.
10. All other standard rules that I believe everyone is familiar with: Do not contact other players illegally, do not copypaste player-host interaction, do not use ciphers, hide, delete or edit posts, do not post game-relevant stuff when you're dead, etc.

Players:
1. dunya
2. MartinGG99
3. TonyStarkPrime
4. Duskfall
5. Sloonei
6. nutella
7. Michelle
8. Alison
9. DrWilgy
10. Made
11. 1612
12. FunnyGurl
13. Marmot

Subs:

1. staypositivefriend
2. novaselineever
3. sigurd
4. Everyone from jury chat is also eligible!!!

Jury:
1. Fatmo
2. juliets
3. Thunal33
4. dyachei
5. NANOOK
7. iaafr
8. Syn
9. Timsup2nothin
10. MacDougall
11. Hally
12. sig
13. chardonnay
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Doppelgangsters

Post by staypositivefriend »

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

If anyone feels too busy to fully commit to playing, please join the jury/spec chat!!!!!

Also, a slight edit so people don't get mislead by spf's post above: I had requested for ppl to post most recent games at the time spf signed up, but I changed it to let you guys choose the games that you think describe you the best and you would have the most fun seeing other people trying to roleplay!

So you don't need to link the most recent ones, it's up to you!
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Spec but tbh I might not read the game at all
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Fatmo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:00 am Spec but tbh I might not read the game at all
That's alright, you remind me that I should clarify:

Jury members won't need to read everything and cast a vote every day. They can just pop-in whenever, cast a vote if they feel like it, or if not, that's cool too!
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

novaselinenever
Hitman

Post by novaselinenever »

Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

In

Reminder for all mafia to claim to whoever gets me so they can roleplay my mafia hunting skills effectively
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dunya »

Locked votes at lylo ohhhhh
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:58 am Locked votes at lylo ohhhhh
i dont like the idea of the fate of the game being decided by a last second vote switch (by the members of the mafia) and the members of the town feeling forced to also vigilantly keep track of the poll at the last minute to catch any such attempts

players can still vote in the poll and use the [VOTE: tutuu] aubergine tag at lylo to express scumreads, i just wont count these votes, and will require something different
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I'll spec
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

signing up so that i can force some miserable soul to roleplay as me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Alison »

I'm coming around to locked votes at FX honestly. I sort of think it's the best way to do things as well.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm going to be Jury for this, I'm too busy with moving to Canada stuff to sign up for more games right now. I have quite a few on my plate already.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I guess it would be pretty funny to make people roleplay as me but eh
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

This game sounds really fun. I'll be the MoD for this game :)
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:58 pm This game sounds really fun. I'll be the MoD for this game :)
thanks!!!! <3
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tony and marmot both told me that they can join as long as it doesn't start too soon

if the game doesnt fill by then (im certain it wont), then whenever they are available to /in for sure, if the game isn't filled to 13 players i will just make a new setup and run with however many players available
Michelle
Made Man
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

In ofc

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sure.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Post by novaselinenever »

I'll have to switch to a maybe depending on when this will end up starting
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:48 pm I'll have to switch to a maybe depending on when this will end up starting
starts as soon as filled, i estimate in 1-2 weeks but dunno
Michelle
Made Man
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

I should provide my meta, on site and offsite

Town games
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 106&t=1953

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 106&t=1961 (Bart Simpson)

https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/threads/ ... -over.476/ (xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx)

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ume-Game-2

Scum games
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ht-Game-D6

https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/threads/ ... -over.451/ (xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx)

(avoiding intentionally the Champs games who are not representative for my latest view over the game, not like all the others are)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm going to move to maybe, my workload is just too much the last 2 weeks before christmas and with my back problems atm i can't spend hours on the laptop
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Yessssss, release the chaos, put me in Madam
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Made has expired and gone to meet his maker! (hehe) He was Sir Lancelot, a civ!

Night 4 has begun.
Made wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:54 pm
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm definitely voting for llama tomorrow though based on Eloh's read of him.

I doubt that Made is Hyrulian. I'm a bit torn between ninja and Snow Dog from trying to sort out Eloh's thoughts.
Ditto, As of recent i'm reading snow as more civvie, and Ninja as more off mafia-e. I think the best place to look would be to do further analysis on the night Liz died. It's the first time Ninja really stepped up, and everything about that lynch really pinged me. With MR as civvie, a BaddieBloops seems incredibly plausible more so than a snowie baddie at this point anyways...

So
1.Llama
2. Bloops
3. Snow
for me atm.
Made wrote: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:54 pm Felt, because felt,And silk cuz I'm slick like that.
Glhf all
Here are my town games
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:09 am i'm going to move to maybe, my workload is just too much the last 2 weeks before christmas and with my back problems atm i can't spend hours on the laptop
dont stress it, i hope you get better soon <3 <3 <3
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im changing the label from "Light role madness" to "Low power role madness". im going to do a bit of a rework, i got some cool ideas that i think will be fun. im going to keep it low powered, and all of those stuff i wrote will remain true: "No hidden godfathers, unaware millers, redirectors, bus drivers, alignment conversion, soup kills (aka anti-claim kills)."
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

0w0 what's this
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hello players, I have joined.

I only have three completed mafia games since returning from a 2 year hiatus, one of which was town.

Town: It's a Mysterious Universe

Mafia: Making Friends and Enemies, Overtime Mafia

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@dunya
@staypositivefriend
@TonyStarkPrime
@Duskfall
@Sloonei
@nutella
@Michelle
@MacDougall
@DrWilgy
@Made
@1612
@FunnyGurl
@Marmot

We are full!!!!

I am going to wait until the SoD/EoD time (which is in 2 and a half hours I believe)

Then I will wait for 48 hours, as some people requested that we don't immediately start

Then we will have a 24 hours Day 0

Then the game proceeds as normal!!!

Whoever missed linking me games, please do so!!!!

And @staypositivefriend reminder that you can change your submission since I had asked you to link your most recent games and we talked about how you can change that if you like :P

I will make sure the game is all set up first and then I will organize jury chat!!!
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

The Mark
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1612 »

MartinGG99
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

/In for @tutuu

Slight disclaimer: I have a developing meta of sorts along with new/recent thought processes so this may not be a 100% consistent representation throughout all of my linked games here.

Town:
viewtopic.php?f=276&t=1967
viewtopic.php?f=276&t=1967
https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthre ... Madness-II

Mafia:
https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthre ... dder-Game)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

thank u martin!!!!

a clarification @ everyone

the jury chat will be kept completely unspoiled, both for real identities and alignments. so everyone from jury chat is eligible to sub in, and everyone who's a sub is eligible for jury chat!!!

i will have a separate graveyard chat with spoilers for the dead players!!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@sabie12 forgot to ping u!! :D we start in about 45 hours!!! i will give u invite to spec chat as soon as im done!
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

tutuu wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:43 pm @sabie12 forgot to ping u!! :D we start in about 45 hours!!! i will give u invite to spec chat as soon as im done!
Okay awesome Sounds good!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

tutuu wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:32 pm
the jury chat will be kept completely unspoiled, both for real identities and alignments. so everyone from jury chat is eligible to sub in, and everyone who's a sub is eligible for jury chat!!!
Jury duty :haha: :haha: :haha:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

The only jury duty I actively look forward to
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i wanna roll myself I'd be great at it I've developed this character so much
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Nobody can rand themselves as written in the OP!!!!!!

finalizing role PMs, will send them in 4 hours
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i feel bad for whoever has to be me

truly a unique persona

it's not like there's someone else on this site who's similar to me at all
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:14 pm i feel bad for whoever has to be me

truly a unique persona

it's not like there's someone else on this site who's similar to me at all
Or anyone who’s your polar opposite. Could you imagine the wacky hijinks that would ensue if that person had to be you!?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

TUTUU PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I think I could feasibly rp both sloonei and fg, I'm somehow the happy medium between them lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@dunya
@MartinGG99
@TonyStarkPrime
@Duskfall
@Sloonei
@nutella
@Michelle
@MacDougall
@DrWilgy
@Made
@1612
@FunnyGurl
@Marmot

Role PMs are out, please don't discuss anything about this game or post anymore in this thread!

There is one last change I had to make to the setup: There will no longer be night chat.

Day 0 begins in about 21 and a half hours, I will set up the thread by then, and finalize everything mechanical and rules and stuff. Once I do, please give those one last skim!

Return to “Previous Racket Sign-Ups”