Total votes: 16
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 242

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by Dom »

thank u
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 445
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

ChopChop wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:13 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:08 pm Because like he can’t be not town
Why can’t be wolf?
:ponder:

You have some kind of Mech on him or something?
:eye:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

epi r u saying i am past my prime mafia playing? bc it's ttue
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:53 pm epi r u saying i am past my prime mafia playing? bc it's ttue
Old grey mare she ain't what she used to be
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:43 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:38 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 pm sloonei long con esooa alison dom falcon townleans

the tier slightly below that contains c4 and martin. my read on c4 is in flux right now and i'm having trouble nailing down a solid stance tbh

actively worried about jackofhearts, boknows, urist, rej

everyone else is w/e
Tell me what’s wrong with the other three of us eh?
urist - lazily signal boosted the momentum against me at the peak of the moment when i was being pressured, and then ducked out of the thread. has not addressed any of my questions. had an incredibly confident scumread on long con that was shaping a big part of their perception of their game - a read that seems to have disappeared w/out explanation in their most recent string of posts. (is that because he doesn't think that long con is enclave? i don't know, i'm just worried about the confidence on a lot of reads that i think are probably just outright incorrect)

boknows - felt confident enough to post an entire readslist at a point when the rest of his posts were 100% filler - reads reeked of TMI (his reasoning for townreading me was vague and generic, he gave similar reasoning for both poison and long con but then reached completely different conclusions - i think esooa pointed that out already)

rej - posts have felt overly focused on keeping up the appearance of solving - piggybacked off of the thing that i was being pressured for on page 3 and then kept the same read on page ~20ish in a way that felt static. i don't get the sense that rej's reads are fluid, dynamic, or in the state of development. they feel like conclusions that he reached because he feels like he needs to reach conclusions, as opposed to conclusions that form from just organically approaching the game w/a detective mindset
If this was my entire understanding of the game, I wouldn’t be concerned with Rej based on that.
why's that? is it typical for rej to play that way?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:40 pm As an anime connoisseur, you all have horrible taste.
I was gonna make a Gantz joke but it just feels mean at this point.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:56 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 pm sloonei long con esooa alison dom falcon townleans

the tier slightly below that contains c4 and martin. my read on c4 is in flux right now and i'm having trouble nailing down a solid stance tbh

everyone else is w/e
urist - lazily signal boosted the momentum against me at the peak of the moment when i was being pressured, and then ducked out of the thread. has not addressed any of my questions. had an incredibly confident scumread on long con that was shaping a big part of their perception of their game - a read that seems to have disappeared w/out explanation in their most recent string of posts. (is that because he doesn't think that long con is enclave? i don't know, i'm just worried about the confidence on a lot of reads that i think are probably just outright incorrect)

boknows - felt confident enough to post an entire readslist at a point when the rest of his posts were 100% filler - reads reeked of TMI (his reasoning for townreading me was vague and generic, he gave similar reasoning for both poison and long con but then reached completely different conclusions - i think esooa pointed that out already)

rej - posts have felt overly focused on keeping up the appearance of solving - piggybacked off of the thing that i was being pressured for on page 3 and then kept the same read on page ~20ish in a way that felt static. i don't get the sense that rej's reads are fluid, dynamic, or in the state of development. they feel like conclusions that he reached because he feels like he needs to reach conclusions, as opposed to conclusions that form from just organically approaching the game w/a detective mindset
If this was my entire understanding of the game, I wouldn’t be concerned with Rej based on that.
In terms of being like focused on a couple things while not being a major thread presence, giving him the appearance of trying to maintain an appearance of solving.

Does that sound like Rej here or is it worse than that?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:59 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:56 pm

everyone else is w/e

In terms of being like focused on a couple things while not being a major thread presence, giving him the appearance of trying to maintain an appearance of solving.

Does that sound like Rej here or is it worse than that?
it's a little worse than that

this introductory post from rej checked off a few boxes for me:
Rej wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 pm i have two townreads but im not gonna say who yet = )
Heya, here to play some low effort, this is the first post that pinged me. I personally don't like posts like this because they are confusing as heck. This could be the most unneccessary soft claim, or this could be a bait, or this could be anything.
I always ask myself why a town should do this, the last time I saw someone do this they ended up masons with someone and they got lynched.

Anyone beat me to this.

Also I see Long Con and KZA are voted currently. I feel whenever I play here Long Con gets voted somehow. Will drop my opinions once I am cought up.
1. rej piggybacks off of the same reasoning that dom/sloonei were pressuring me for. this is strange to me only because rej outright says: "the last time i saw someone do this, they ended up being town." it felt like he was nitpicking at the particulars of my playstyle more than he was trying to glean alignment indicative information out of it

this would all be fine and good if he didn't echo the exact same read again 30ish hours later (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2055&p=737871#p737871)

2. rej brings up the dynamic of the gamestate (ie: long con and kza are being voted) and makes no commentary about it - choosing instead to promise more content in the future (which of course, never actually ends up coming)

there's also him asking a question about c4 on viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2055&p=737061#p737061, and then never following up with it. or outing a townread on sloonei/dom on viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2055&p=737854#p737854 because they "ping him the least". it all just feels fairly shallow and like rej is struggling to maintain a solvey tone without actually .....solving

the thing that i like the most about rej is him calling himself mischop bait, lol
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:10 am he thing that i like the most about rej is him calling himself mischop bait, lol
Ironically this is waht I have liked the least. :P
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dom wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:16 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:10 am he thing that i like the most about rej is him calling himself mischop bait, lol
lol, what's your read on him right now?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:55 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:53 pm epi r u saying i am past my prime mafia playing? bc it's ttue
Old grey mare she ain't what she used to be
I've aged.... I've aged so very much
I fall asleep at the table
My napkin drops to the floor.

I'm full of childish vanities
I forget things
And I live in the past
Oh I've aged so very much
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:17 am
neutral to bad. I feel like I haven't seen enough to really judge him, but that comment really puts a bad taste in my mouth.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

@Urist
If C4 was not an option, who would you vote for?
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I thought it was towny tbh, am I dumb?
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dom wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:23 am
neutral to bad. I feel like I haven't seen enough to really judge him, but that comment really puts a bad taste in my mouth.
do you still scumread me with an equal amount of confidence?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DrWilgy »

I've decided to blindly sheep Sloonei.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 am I've decided to blindly sheep Sloonei.
This is an unexpected turn, Doctor.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:45 am
y?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:36 am
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:23 am
do you still scumread me with an equal amount of confidence?
I commented on a post that either you or esoaa posted that made me feel slightly less confident.

I don't feel great about you, but something would have to change for me to vote for you today
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:50 am
y?
u always say im scum
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

Dom wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:30 am @Urist
poison prob
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Urist wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 am
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:30 am @Urist
poison prob
I can't remember why that is. I feel like I have read it a bunch, but it isn't making an impression. Can you refresh me/maybe just state it simply?
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

Urist wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:50 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:32 pm
Urist wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:29 pm Alison, esooa, grogu, nanook, dom, mac, chopchop, sloonei, falcon, epi, tsp all seem townish in roughly that order

C4 still obviously maf
Poison still maf
Spf still maf
remind me why poison is maf

also talk to me about mac and chopchop townreads.
looking through poison's iso, there are a lot of things that stick out to me.
initially my read was based on something silly that tends to be somewhat accurate: poison implied tsp was mafia without actually saying it. regardless of whether this is a joke or not i've found it's a pretty decent scumtell.
it's been made clear that it wasn't a joke though, but poison hasn't voted yet.
then there's the asking me about a random other player,
half-assed breadcrumb,
feeling the need to respond to an accusation with a joke,
complaining about the thread being boring,
it all reads like someone who isn't that interested in yeeting enclave.
@Dom
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 756

Post by Gavial »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:43 pm
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:42 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:40 pm As an anime connoisseur, you all have horrible taste.
first gif from a decent anime
Rika is better in that anime!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:56 am
y?
u always say im scum
Does he say you're town now?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

fart.sx
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:14 am
y?
u always say im scum
it seemed to be implied
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:20 pm Image
ur spelling my name rong : (
Oh that’s right.
Your names Dominos.
I’ve seen your Pizza Parlour.
:srsnod:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Chop do you have any reads
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

y?
u always say im scum
Why would they?
They say they will sheep them.
They no one sheep a wolf but they can be Null or Town.
:biggrin:
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:17 am Chop do you have any reads
Some Yes.
Mainly just TR’s though.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I mainly TR Falcon, been vibing with em.

Slightly TR Alison or You (whichever one commented on my TWTBW post, you guys are similar so I don’t remember)

TL Urist and SL Tony
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

If you think I pay attention to everything, you are souly mistaken.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Oh also Null Town EPig but for a Bias reason.

(There cool posts)
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Might just throw both Esooa and Alison in my TR’s until I figure out which is which.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I wanna say it’s you Esooa but I honestly don’t remember which one of you posted it.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I have meta on Martin.
(Play with them on SC2Mafia)
So I’m waiting for them to post more so I can get a read from em.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I know Urist/Nanook as well, but I don’t know their meta as well.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Wait you do
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Yeah from Mafia451
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Oh

I don’t recognize your name, sorry
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:15 am
y?
u always say im scum
it seemed to be implied
Why you gotta be so exasperated, maybe I've had a few drinks and am playing three games and I just maybe need a little focus-assistance when I have a notion.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

anyone online and wanna discuss anything specific w/me?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:00 am
y?
u always say im scum
it seemed to be implied
Why you gotta be so exasperated, maybe I've had a few drinks and am playing three games and I just maybe need a little focus-assistance when I have a notion.
:llama:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 am anyone online and wanna discuss anything specific w/me?
i am tired and still not up to speed, sorry.

what's your take on the game state so far? how are we doing? what would you like to see happen over the last ~24 hours of day 1?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:03 am
y?
u always say im scum
it seemed to be implied
Ok you can moustache it but the core of this is a scumread on you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:06 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:03 am

y?
u always say im scum
it seemed to be implied
Ok you can moustache it but the core of this is a scumread on you.
i do not know what you think is happening here, mr con.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i have experienced no emotion resembling exasperation in this thread tonight.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:04 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 am anyone online and wanna discuss anything specific w/me?
i am tired and still not up to speed, sorry.

what's your take on the game state so far? how are we doing? what would you like to see happen over the last ~24 hours of day 1?
1. if you're town, then i want you to townread me in the next 24 hours. i can't snap my fingers and make it happen, but that's my wish. this is partially for selfish reasons and partially because i feel like it'll be good for the threadstate if we can work together. having as many people to bounce my reads off of as possible is really important to me in a game like this

2.the gamestate is fine. i'm concerned about the fact that we've been hearing from the same ~10 voices or so, when this is a 20+ player game. i feel like there are a number of people who have been able to weasel out of explaining their reads by just outright ditching the thread for long periods of times, and that makes productive dialogue a lot more difficult than it would be if we had more centralized communication. i don't really feel like any valuable towncores are forming today and i also don't feel that people who ~are~ universal townreads have any real sense of cohesion - feels like everyone is just kind of blindly stumbling around shouting their own suspicions right now

so uh....maybe the threadstate isn't as good as i thought, lmao, but most of this is probably par for the course for d1 of a game of this size. the best thing that could happen in the next 24 hours is if the players who have been largely silent today came back with strong and well-substantiated thoughts, but i don't think that's going to happen
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I think Jess is not scum

Return to “Previous Jobs”