Total votes: 16
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:44 pm @Sloonei -

i have a fairly major concern with you regarding your progression on c4 yesterday,. i'm definitely coming into this daystart feeling a little more combative than i want to be, so i want to word this diplomatically

but i felt that your read on c4 fluctuated with the consensus of the thread in a way that was dissonant from the more strong-headed, self-assured town!sloonei that i've usually seen

to be more specific, you had a strong and confident townread on c4 throughout the vast majority of d1 - even as the pressure mounted against c4, you confidently reiterated that he was town

it was only until the last ~12 hours or so of d1 that you suddenly dropped your townread on c4 altogether and said that he very well might be scum

your reasoning more or less boiled down to: "c4 was not making sense when i dialogued with him last night, so i'm suspicious about him now"

that reasoning very much rubbed me the wrong way, because my townread on c4 was never particularly based around him making sense. and i didn't feel that the stuff he was saying in your back of forth made any less sense than the stuff that he had been posting for the majority of the game. i very much struggle to see your confident townread on c4 suddenly evaporating in the way it did because c4 "didn't make sense", when he was outright not making sense from the moment that the game started

it gave me the impression that you capitulated your read on c4 to match the thread consensus - both as a deliberate attempt to avoid looking like you had TMI, and as an an excuse to avoid having to pull people off of his wagon
He was acting like a player that wanted to die. I thought he was town, but the deathwish did not make sense.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:50 pm Spf is definitely probably not vault city
Seems likely yes
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:33 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:31 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:29 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:28 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:27 pm [VOTE: urist] aubergine
That’s a weird way to spell rej
rej can be scum too. i'm just tired of having my read on urist be ignored, especially after he hardtunneled on a town and one of his other hardtunnels (me) was wrong too. i find it difficult to believe that a presumably strong player was 0/2 on d1 than i do to believe that he was just pushing in bad faith like i suspected
Being 0/2 on D1 is actually pretty common for strong players
perhaps. i misread esooa on d1 too so i'm not claiming to be a paragon of accurate d1 reads

i'm just a bit irked by d1 in general
Why? It seemed fine enough to me
combination of having my incredibly vocal scumread on rej unacknowledged until the final hour of d1 for an inexplicable reason, having my townread on c4 constantly invalidated by people who were claiming that he was ~outed scum~, having my questions toward my suspicions largely ignored, and generally feeling like my place in the gamestate was simultaneously invisible and under suspicion

i'm not trying to complain or bring negative energy into the thread - there were just a bunch of tiny factors on d1 that increasingly made me feel like the threadstate was being pioneered either by wolves or by people who confirmation biased themselves into certain pushes
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Also, may I note that I'm obviously not on Esooa's team after that Day 1 exchange?
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Grogu ghost voted on to BK and did absolutely nothing D1.

Do I have to say anything else?
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:53 pm

i have a fairly major concern with you regarding your progression on c4 yesterday,. i'm definitely coming into this daystart feeling a little more combative than i want to be, so i want to word this diplomatically

but i felt that your read on c4 fluctuated with the consensus of the thread in a way that was dissonant from the more strong-headed, self-assured town!sloonei that i've usually seen

to be more specific, you had a strong and confident townread on c4 throughout the vast majority of d1 - even as the pressure mounted against c4, you confidently reiterated that he was town

it was only until the last ~12 hours or so of d1 that you suddenly dropped your townread on c4 altogether and said that he very well might be scum

your reasoning more or less boiled down to: "c4 was not making sense when i dialogued with him last night, so i'm suspicious about him now"

that reasoning very much rubbed me the wrong way, because my townread on c4 was never particularly based around him making sense. and i didn't feel that the stuff he was saying in your back of forth made any less sense than the stuff that he had been posting for the majority of the game. i very much struggle to see your confident townread on c4 suddenly evaporating in the way it did because c4 "didn't make sense", when he was outright not making sense from the moment that the game started

it gave me the impression that you capitulated your read on c4 to match the thread consensus - both as a deliberate attempt to avoid looking like you had TMI, and as an an excuse to avoid having to pull people off of his wagon
He was acting like a player that wanted to die. I thought he was town, but the deathwish did not make sense.
i don't feel that your explanation here is completely congruent with the post you said yesterday shortly before the deadline, though:
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:01 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:46 pm what happened to your read on foresight?
He reads like he wants to die, and his volatility doesn't make sense to me. I have been reading him as Frustrated Town In A New Environment, and a big part of me still sees it that way, but there is also a part of me that thinks he's mafia who does not believe he is capable of overcoming the early pressure he has faced, and so he has tried to draw as much attention to himself to keep us from identifying any of his partners too easily. I didn't think any of the things he said to/about Alison made sense last night, for instance.
to me, this post feels like you're trying to talk yourself into a c4!scum world - not that you thought that c4 was just town who wanted to die
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

so far I am 0/1 on who I thought one of my faction members were
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I was town reading Jack at the end because of what TSP said: scum reading me is a way to keep me alive to Day 2.

Jack was pulling out quotes from me that are very very normal for me, maybe even town-indicative, and saying things like “there’s no way town Sloon says this.” Jack does not usually misread me like that. He rarely tries to read me confidently at all on Day 1. It was odd to see him being so confident and so wrong about me right off the bat.

I was also conscious of his champs confession to me: when he’s scum he’ encourage pressure on me as a way to get me to self-destruct. Those things combined to male me suspect him at first, but then I came to think he was maybe just trying to lengthen my life expectancy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

KZA wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:55 pm Grogu ghost voted on to BK and did absolutely nothing D1.

Grogu is green i.e. town pr
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

hello everyone
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Alison and Esooa probably not teammates
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i will be reading nothing of the past, the real game starts now, with my birth into it
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Urist wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:00 pm
KZA wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:55 pm Grogu ghost voted on to BK and did absolutely nothing D1.

Grogu is green i.e. town pr
So he might be my enemy but not yet
KZA
staypositivefriend
Hitman

rej has slight teammate equity with esooa
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:57 pm

i don't feel that your explanation here is completely congruent with the post you said yesterday shortly before the deadline, though:
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:46 pm what happened to your read on foresight?
He reads like he wants to die, and his volatility doesn't make sense to me. I have been reading him as Frustrated Town In A New Environment, and a big part of me still sees it that way, but there is also a part of me that thinks he's mafia who does not believe he is capable of overcoming the early pressure he has faced, and so he has tried to draw as much attention to himself to keep us from identifying any of his partners too easily. I didn't think any of the things he said to/about Alison made sense last night, for instance.
to me, this post feels like you're trying to talk yourself into a c4!scum world - not that you thought that c4 was just town who wanted to die
Even the part where the first thing I said was, “He reads like he wants to die”?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 pm so far I am 0/1 on who I thought one of my faction members were
We get it, you're councilman westin, you can stop claiming now
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Does spf kill esooa?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

how important is it to thoroughly understand the roles in this game
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Urist wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 pm so far I am 0/1 on who I thought one of my faction members were
We get it, you're councilman westin, you can stop claiming now
lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:03 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:57 pm

Even the part where the first thing I said was, “He reads like he wants to die”?
yes, because the post carries the overall message of: "i could be wrong and c4 might just be scum"

which is contrary to your explanation of: "i thought he was town that wanted to die"

the progression itself is the thing that i have trouble swallowing
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 pm Does spf kill esooa?
if it was strategically beneficial, yes

it probably would not be, since she was one of my most ardent defenders
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 445
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Urist wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:32 pm going to re-evaluate the game later with the knowledge that c4 is town
the fact that chopchop was tied with c4 and bo (both town) for like 24h indicates that he's probably not enclave
First, wasn’t it more like 8 hours or less? Iirc, Chop’s wagon didn’t really start until mine started to disperse.

Second, supposing that’s correct, how does it follow that Chop isn’t Enclave?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

:shrug:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@staypositivefriend I never said anything about c4 being “town that wanted to die.” My theory was that he was a wolf in damage control trying to draw as much attention to himself as he could to keep us from hunting his teammates. The “deathwish” theory was entirely predicated on him being mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

LETS GO

game is fun
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

would a kindly stranger like to summarize the past 2000 posts for me
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Jackofhearts2005 what’s my alignment?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm would a kindly stranger like to summarize the past 2000 posts for me
None of it made sense anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm @staypositivefriend I never said anything about c4 being “town that wanted to die.” My theory was that he was a wolf in damage control trying to draw as much attention to himself as he could to keep us from hunting his teammates. The “deathwish” theory was entirely predicated on him being mafia.
that was not a theory that i took from your posts about c4 at all, but perhaps i misread. i'll take a deeper dive into your progression on him before i continue to badger you about it

do you understand where my concern is coming from?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

But like....townies are like that all the time.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:12 pm @Jackofhearts2005 what’s my alignment?
Gth? Wolf.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:54 pm Also, may I note that I'm obviously not on Esooa's team after that Day 1 exchange?
Link me, baby.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:12 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm would a kindly stranger like to summarize the past 2000 posts for me
why is that
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:17 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:54 pm Also, may I note that I'm obviously not on Esooa's team after that Day 1 exchange?
Link me, baby.
I will when I get home, you find a faster in my ISO but I'll be home in 15 minutes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm @staypositivefriend I never said anything about c4 being “town that wanted to die.” My theory was that he was a wolf in damage control trying to draw as much attention to himself as he could to keep us from hunting his teammates. The “deathwish” theory was entirely predicated on him being mafia.
that was not a theory that i took from your posts about c4 at all, but perhaps i misread. i'll take a deeper dive into your progression on him before i continue to badger you about it

do you understand where my concern is coming from?
You definitely misread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:16 pm
Gth? Wolf.
i am beginning to fear the same
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:12 pm
why is that
If I knew that, it would have made sense.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gth? Wolf.
I don’t believe you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: spf] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:24 pm [VOTE: spf] aubergine
you would almost certainly be townreading me right now if you were town
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 pm I was town reading Jack at the end because of what TSP said: scum reading me is a way to keep me alive to Day 2.

Jack was pulling out quotes from me that are very very normal for me, maybe even town-indicative, and saying things like “there’s no way town Sloon says this.” Jack does not usually misread me like that. He rarely tries to read me confidently at all on Day 1. It was odd to see him being so confident and so wrong about me right off the bat.

I was also conscious of his champs confession to me: when he’s scum he’ encourage pressure on me as a way to get me to self-destruct. Those things combined to male me suspect him at first, but then I came to think he was maybe just trying to lengthen my life expectancy.
I tend to not pretend to scumread players as town. I think I did it to Jay in World Flags and that’s about it.

I think this overstates my confidence in my Sloonei read and undervalues the fact that I told you that strategy in champs knowing full well that I’d need to come up with a different one if we were to ever rand wolf and town.

I’m not sure if that’s intentional but lol multiball so it doesn’t really matter.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:29 pm
So would you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:23 pm
Gth? Wolf.
I don’t believe you.
So try and yeet me.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:30 pm
So would you.
i have townread you for the vast majority of the game. your inability to find my alignment even as i become more clearly threadspewed town and the way that you're responding to my concerns about c4 makes me feel generally uneasy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Imagine having a towngame such that you can say with a straight face “if you were town, you’d townread me” on D2.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm
So would you.
i have townread you for the vast majority of the game. your inability to find my alignment even as i become more clearly threadspewed town and the way that you're responding to my concerns about c4 makes me feel generally uneasy
Your “concerns about c4” stem from things I never said.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:29 pm Image
the only way esooa's defense of mac is AI for him is if he's vault city
in which case it's really not a priority to execute him.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:33 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm
So would you.
Your “concerns about c4” stem from things I never said.
regardless of whether or not that's true, (i still need to investigate your progression on c4 in general), the way that you engaged with me felt more deflective than inquisitive

and more importantly, you dont townread me when i should be incredibly clearly threadspewed as town. i don't feel that i'm speaking from a place of ego when i say that - it just seems obvious at this point
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:37 pm and more importantly, you dont townread me when i should be incredibly clearly threadspewed as town. i don't feel that i'm speaking from a place of ego when i say that - it just seems obvious at this point
How so?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:37 pm and more importantly, you dont townread me when i should be incredibly clearly threadspewed as town. i don't feel that i'm speaking from a place of ego when i say that - it just seems obvious at this point
How so?
it feels less obvious if i have to explain it

Return to “Previous Jobs”