JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mafia (DAY 5)

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:22 pm Actually, is it even possible the N3 kill was prevented mechanically? Grogu was the only block and he was town. Is that just straight up confirmation that [if there's a kill at all] the kill would have to be abstained? I may be missing something obvious. I'm in Comedy Mafia mode atm.
If the game never ends we can't lose

I found the path to victory, JJJ

Join me

:fist:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Mafia (NIGHT 4)

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:42 pm
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:31 pm If JJJ truly hid behjnd reywas, based on how I understand hider usually works, then poison would have gotten a result that JJJ visited reywas?

Am I off base here. I'm pretty sure the typical hider role is good for escaping kills not investigations
It’s literally what my role does. If someone targets me with something, they hit the person I hid behind instead.

If Poison tracked me on Night 1, then she really tracked reywaS. Getting a result for reywaS is exactly what is supposed to happen.

It’s still possible that her claim is fake, since she claimed that track after I outed my role. But there’s nothing internally inconsistent about it.
I want to mention that I believe I misunderstood your role.

That said, doesn't your role make you unkillable?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mafia (NIGHT 4)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:42 pm
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:31 pm If JJJ truly hid behjnd reywas, based on how I understand hider usually works, then poison would have gotten a result that JJJ visited reywas?

Am I off base here. I'm pretty sure the typical hider role is good for escaping kills not investigations
It’s literally what my role does. If someone targets me with something, they hit the person I hid behind instead.

If Poison tracked me on Night 1, then she really tracked reywaS. Getting a result for reywaS is exactly what is supposed to happen.

It’s still possible that her claim is fake, since she claimed that track after I outed my role. But there’s nothing internally inconsistent about it.
I want to mention that I believe I misunderstood your role.

That said, doesn't your role make you unkillable?
Not completely. My hide only impacts the first action submitted upon me, so if a night kill came second or later I would still die.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Assuming there actually are mafia I stick by my POE

Still think it would be in Poison/JJ/Enrique
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:22 pm Actually, is it even possible the N3 kill was prevented mechanically? Grogu was the only block and he was town. Is that just straight up confirmation that [if there's a kill at all] the kill would have to be abstained? I may be missing something obvious. I'm in Comedy Mafia mode atm.
If the game never ends we can't lose

I found the path to victory, JJJ

Join me

:fist:
If the game is still happening with two or fewer people in it, I might just do that. XD

~~~

If there's a nefarious independent, it's probably Poison. That actually makes me think of a possibility as yet unconsidered:

A third-party demolition man/arsonist -- someone that marks a target every night and then detonates them eventually.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:28 pm Assuming there actually are mafia I stick by my POE

Still think it would be in Poison/JJ/Enrique
I doubt JJJ is mafia. I already went ahead to [VOTE: Enrique] aubergine.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I swear though, damn if I didn't feel like I hit a home run Day 4. Shit
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

This is the first time I've seen a hider have that sort of mechanic, so I'm still wary of JJJ's claim /shrug

But considering some other roles i've seen, who knows
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't know how other people feel about Scirrus, but I am still not suspecting him. I know FS blocked him one time, but if he's telling the truth or lying, the result would be the same. Doesn't anybody dispute that?
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

@Enrique @Poison it would be like, really dope, if you could come in and give us thoughts on anything

And who did you track?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll think about this silly nonsense for a while. I am most likely to vote Enrique or Poison.

This is especially annoying as it doesn't even affirm anything about mafia numbers (if mafia exist). 4:3 and 5:2 are both still possible. So is 6:1 if there's an arsonist or something similar.

I am officially at a state of not giving a single shit about role block targets. Unless I am missing something, Grogu flipping civilian means at least one kill had to be abstained if there is a factional kill at all. Nobody else could have had their kill prevented on Night 3. If I am being an idiot here please someone yell at me. That means I don't care about the Scirrus or Enrique blocks. I am left assessing players for behavior at face value and guessing at the applicability of their role claims to some enemy faction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I suppose a chop stop is also a third-party-friendly ability too if KZA is alone and being asked to outlive an entire roster of 11 civilians.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

For full transparency, I blocked Scirrus' vote last time. Don't know if I said it.
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

[VOTE: Enrique] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will wait to reveal my hide target.

Whaddya got @Poison?

[10]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:39 pm I'll think about this silly nonsense for a while. I am most likely to vote Enrique or Poison.

This is especially annoying as it doesn't even affirm anything about mafia numbers (if mafia exist). 4:3 and 5:2 are both still possible. So is 6:1 if there's an arsonist or something similar.

I am officially at a state of not giving a single shit about role block targets. Unless I am missing something, Grogu flipping civilian means at least one kill had to be abstained if there is a factional kill at all. Nobody else could have had their kill prevented on Night 3. If I am being an idiot here please someone yell at me. That means I don't care about the Scirrus or Enrique blocks. I am left assessing players for behavior at face value and guessing at the applicability of their role claims to some enemy faction.
I'm honestly of the opinion that their being no factional kill is most likely.

Or like some kind of really delayed arson, but if that's the case there's probably only 2 mafia. Or the arson is assigned to a person and that person is Poison, who got blocked last night. But that's a VERY specific scenario which i'm not willing to bet the game on lol
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

I don't fucking know

Scum, reveal thyselves
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Enrique »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:39 pm @Enrique @Poison it would be like, really dope, if you could come in and give us thoughts on anything

And who did you track?
I don’t like the insinuation that my thoughts aren’t in the thread or that I’m not giving anything. I know I’ve been (justifiably) under some fire since the Epi block, but hopefully by this point we all realize that mech-based suspicions based on night events are unlikely to get us anywhere. I suspected this since yesterday. Had there been a kill last night I would care more about yeeting Poison (whom I agree with JJJ has been the least civvie throughout the game).

I don’t think there’s gonna be a kill tonight so I’m just gonna go ahead and vote No Eviction to do something different. You guys joke that we can’t lose if the game just goes on forever, but something’s actually got to happen, right?

I don’t care about people’s roles or figuring out what role would have what alignment anymore. Based purely on thread behavior - I believe Epi, splints, and now JJJ (welcome to the club) have been genuine and forthcoming. For all I know, everybody else has been too. But I won’t vote for them today.
ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

What if it's just JJJ and Epi and they both lied about the other person never abstaining from night kills

Okay probably not but I'm losing it over here
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Enrique
Loan Shark

Re: Mafia

Post by Enrique »

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:07 pm
Hell On eArth

The newly elected board members stormed down the hallway of the township building in pursuit of the Lenker brothers. The angry voices of their fellow homeowners echoed out the meeting room doors and down the hall.

The meeting had been a total shit show, which wasn’t too far from the norm for the Lenkers, but this was a new low. They came prepared to pull a fast one at light speed, and their lawyer certainly made that possible. It wouldn’t have surprised them if this was how they dealt with all of the neighborhoods they swindled into existence. The Lenkers’ lawyer knew all the tricks of parliamentary procedure and moved the transition of governance of Piano Estates over to the homeowners in exactly 17 minutes and 12 seconds.

The greedy property management representative, who they would later learn was a cousin of the Lenker boys, seemed to take glee in raising his price every time someone interjected during his three minutes. He priced himself out of the market quickly and also lit a fire under the homeowners to push through a half-assed election of officers that was both contentious and controversial. Nobody felt good about how things went down, and the new board was going to make sure the Lenkers knew that before they could slither off into the night for good.

“Just what in the hell was that you just pulled?” one of the board member yelled at the Lenkers as they climbed into the overcompensating oversized pickup trucks.

“A business transaction,” Corey Lenker replied from the safety of his truck.

“Our lawyer has copies of all the necessary documents for you,” Justin Lenker replied. “Maybe you should go back inside and start reading them.”

“Maybe I should drag you out of that truck and kick your ass right here in the parking lot, you beady-eyed piece of shit,” another board member shouted. To be fair, both Lenker brothers were indeed beady-eyed pieces of shit.

“Look,” Corey Lenker said, “we’re sorry about the abruptness of all this, but we have no choice. We want out and we’ve sold more than enough of the required homes in Phase 3 to execute our rights as developers.”

There was a curious look in Corey’s pale eyes. For the first time, the board members saw none of the usual calculation and scheming they were accustomed to. This was the look of raw fear.

“Why?” someone shouted. “Just tell us why so suddenly and help us understand.”

“I’ll tell you why,” Corey replied.

“Corey, don’t” Justin interjected.

“We’re out because it’s not safe for us anymore.”

“Corey, shut up,” Justin barked.

“What the hell does that mean?” asked someone else.

“We don’t need to be mixed up with the mob, okay?”

“God dammit Corey,” Justin screamed.

“The mob?” someone laughed. “Really?”

“Yeah,” Corey sneered. “Some of you assholes have connections that we want nothing to do with.”

“Who told you that?” another board member asked.

“Word gets around, Corey said. “Developers compete but we also talk to each other. Everybody has connections and we’ve got wind of some of the people we’ve sold to. We’re out, now good night.” He rolled his window up and started his truck.

“Oh now you shut your fat face,” Justin groaned.

Three of the board members stepped in front of Justin’s truck, just in case he was thinking of taking off suddenly. He could be the reasonable one, if you applied the right amount of pressure.

“And what are we supposed to do about this information?” someone asked him. “You know word will get around. People are going to panic and turn on each other.”

“I’ll offer you this,” Justin said. “Anyone buying a home with an HOA is bound to the covenants, by-laws, and use restrictions whether they read them or not. End of story.”

“What does that mean?”

“Go read your covenants and pay special attention to page 37. There’s a little something in there that might help you when you sort out who’s who. Good night folks and good luck.”

The board members stepped away, not satisfied but aware that the Lenkers would be of no more use to them this evening. Their trucks pulled away, growling with all the overpowered diesel fury that money could buy to cover up their insecurities.

“Now what?” someone asked.

“Let’s get reading.”

--------------------------------------------------------

DAY 0 HAS BEGUN.

IT WILL LAST UNTIL APPROXIMATELY 9:00 P.M. EST TOMORROW.

ALL PLAYERS ARE LIMITED TO 10 POSTS DURING DAY 0.

MAKE SURE TO READ THE RULES, AS THEY WILL BE ENFORCED.
The Lenker Brothers are the baddies. They set us up to turn on each other and abuse the eviction clause on page 37. The host is the baddie and we must rebel.
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

I would be shocked the key to this game lies in town collectively choosing to NO EVICT

because it's effectively rewarding not searching for mafia. Which seems against the spirit of the game?

Do people have any thoughts on this?

@Enrique @Epignosis @fingersplints @JaggedJimmyJay @KZA @Poison
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

KZA wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:59 pm What if it's just JJJ and Epi and they both lied about the other person never abstaining from night kills

Okay probably not but I'm losing it over here
I have never been mafia with JJJ ever and if either of us suggested abstaining from kills, one would bonk the other badly.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:01 pm I would be shocked the key to this game lies in town collectively choosing to NO EVICT

because it's effectively rewarding not searching for mafia. Which seems against the spirit of the game?

If it isn’t do you think it could hurt us? Especially without a kill at night?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:00 pm
Hell On eArth

The newly elected board members stormed down the hallway of the township building in pursuit of the Lenker brothers. The angry voices of their fellow homeowners echoed out the meeting room doors and down the hall.

The meeting had been a total shit show, which wasn’t too far from the norm for the Lenkers, but this was a new low. They came prepared to pull a fast one at light speed, and their lawyer certainly made that possible. It wouldn’t have surprised them if this was how they dealt with all of the neighborhoods they swindled into existence. The Lenkers’ lawyer knew all the tricks of parliamentary procedure and moved the transition of governance of Piano Estates over to the homeowners in exactly 17 minutes and 12 seconds.

The greedy property management representative, who they would later learn was a cousin of the Lenker boys, seemed to take glee in raising his price every time someone interjected during his three minutes. He priced himself out of the market quickly and also lit a fire under the homeowners to push through a half-assed election of officers that was both contentious and controversial. Nobody felt good about how things went down, and the new board was going to make sure the Lenkers knew that before they could slither off into the night for good.

“Just what in the hell was that you just pulled?” one of the board member yelled at the Lenkers as they climbed into the overcompensating oversized pickup trucks.

“Our lawyer has copies of all the necessary documents for you,” Justin Lenker replied. “Maybe you should go back inside and start reading them.”

“Maybe I should drag you out of that truck and kick your ass right here in the parking lot, you beady-eyed piece of shit,” another board member shouted. To be fair, both Lenker brothers were indeed beady-eyed pieces of shit.

“Look,” Corey Lenker said, “we’re sorry about the abruptness of all this, but we have no choice. We want out and we’ve sold more than enough of the required homes in Phase 3 to execute our rights as developers.”

There was a curious look in Corey’s pale eyes. For the first time, the board members saw none of the usual calculation and scheming they were accustomed to. This was the look of raw fear.

“Yeah,” Corey sneered. “Some of you assholes have connections that we want nothing to do with.”

“Word gets around, Corey said. “Developers compete but we also talk to each other. Everybody has connections and we’ve got wind of some of the people we’ve sold to. We’re out, now good night.” He rolled his window up and started his truck.

Three of the board members stepped in front of Justin’s truck, just in case he was thinking of taking off suddenly. He could be the reasonable one, if you applied the right amount of pressure.

“And what are we supposed to do about this information?” someone asked him. “You know word will get around. People are going to panic and turn on each other.”

“I’ll offer you this,” Justin said. “Anyone buying a home with an HOA is bound to the covenants, by-laws, and use restrictions whether they read them or not. End of story.”

“What does that mean?”

“Go read your covenants and pay special attention to page 37. There’s a little something in there that might help you when you sort out who’s who. Good night folks and good luck.”

The board members stepped away, not satisfied but aware that the Lenkers would be of no more use to them this evening. Their trucks pulled away, growling with all the overpowered diesel fury that money could buy to cover up their insecurities.

“Let’s get reading.”

DAY 0 HAS BEGUN.

The Lenker Brothers are the baddies. They set us up to turn on each other and abuse the eviction clause on page 37. The host is the baddie and we must rebel.
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:01 pm I would be shocked the key to this game lies in town collectively choosing to NO EVICT

If I'm playing against the host, then I don't care if I win.

Scirrus and Enrique are mafia.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Has anybody had something happen to them behind the scenes (unrelated to your role / actions)? Like out of thread events? I haven’t, but we should figure out right now if there’s anything happening besides what we’re all looking at in the thread aka our repeated failure to find scum.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

If you do what I say after yeeting me and win that way I better get some kind of honorary banner...
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:02 pm

If it isn’t do you think it could hurt us? Especially without a kill at night?
Not particularly, but it would extend the game another phase which would be annoying to me because I want it to end lol

I'm willing to try it once.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If the solution is "No Eviction" then I'm playing against the host and I have more respect for G-Man than that.
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

If I get voted I'm probably not gonna use my ability lol
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:04 pm
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:00 pm
Hell On eArth

“What does that mean?”

“Let’s get reading.”

DAY 0 HAS BEGUN.

If I'm playing against the host, then I don't care if I win.

Scirrus and Enrique are mafia.
What's my mafia motivation for suggesting this? There's all of a sudden going to be some mega bomb that kills us all if we NO EVICT?
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Oh wait KZA's ability is essentially the same thing
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

meh
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to thoroughly review the host flavor and see how I feel. I give more credence to the no eviction theory than I would like to give it (more than absolute zero), Still, I am not inclined take such an option too seriously with people still alive that I think are believable anti-civilians (whether mafia or not).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

There is no evidence that the mafia exists besides the word of a swindler that was set up as the story’s villain before the game even started. The same swindler that’s trying to get rid of our homes, for whom we are obstacles, and who sowed distrust and then told us we could evict each other. I don’t see why we should. None of you has caused me any harm, and it doesn’t look like you will (I mean an eviction would be really shitty but it’s avoidable...).

So basically, story-wise, if there isn’t a kill, then is there a problem? Why should we empty the whole development?
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

I don't think Enrique is mafia here.

Scum would want us to keep on track yeeting townies as quickly as possible

[VOTE: Poison] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:17 pm I don't think Enrique is mafia here.

Explain this post thoroughly please.
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:17 pm I don't think Enrique is mafia here.

Explain this post thoroughly please.
We've yeeted 4 town in a row. There have been no mafia kills at night. Mafia don't gain anything from choosing NO EVICT that I am aware of. It delays the game a phase. So what?

Explain to me how Enrique's opinion makes him Mafia.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

If I had more balls I would just say... just yeet me then, fuck me over, see that I’m a civ, then win the game or progress the story to achieve whatever there is to achieve.

But I don’t want that! Let’s stand together this one time at least and the if nothing happens then yeah I guess I deserve to be yeeted / wouldn’t know how to get the town to win anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I lose and G-Man wins, I can live with that.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Alison’s ability was a JOKE because she had nothing to discover. Nobody else has been shown to actually do anything (except me and apparently KZA who can also act during the day - precisely for an event like this. The day phase is the only battleground and the two options are unity and discord).
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Well and Scirrus lol it’s kinda fucked up that he killed a guy...
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man anticipating post-game conversations:

Anyway, even if this no eviction nonsense is correct I see no reason to assume the "winners" must be alive. I also see no reason to assume winning holds meaning.

I am killing someone today. I won't completely ignore the possibility of a no eviction if this continues. Not yet.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Alternative idea - the only consequential night action has been Scirrus’ kill (thus the only one for which the blocks/protects/etc had a purpose) so maybe he shouldn’t be living among us lol.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I’m sticking by No Eviction for the whole phase though fuck this maybe Scirrus or Poison tomorrow if nothing happens.
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Enrique isn't mafia. Yeet me over him if you'd like

But my vote's on Poison.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 pm Enrique isn't mafia. Yeet me over him if you'd like

But my vote's on Poison.
Why is Enrique not mafia?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If we're really looking for a mafia motivation to vote "No Eviction", then how about:

It's the only option that guarantees a mafioso is not evicted on Day 5.

If mafia exist, I don't think the motivation is hard to find. Do I think either Scirrus or Enrique actually look suspicious? No. That's the only reason I am taking the theory more-than-zero seriously.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I think Scirrus might be a better option that Poison if it comes to that. If I weren’t me I would be especially suspicious of the last post he made - say it’s me and Scirrus and maybe a third who are the mafia, and we’ve just been hiding a kill for the right time.

7 players left. We yeet Poison (possibly civ in this scenario) and it’s a 3v3 or 4v2, which a well placed kill could bring down to 3v2, but then you also have my double vote. In this scenario, given both of us were mafia, I could use my extra vote to finish the game for scum. Then you should be yeeting me. Scirrus would be prefer himself to be killed, because he’s less valuable at the time, while also potentially clearing me as a civ.

I give you this instead - no yeet today, and if there’s a kill tonight, just kill me and get ahead of a potential problem (I AM a civ but I won’t care at that point after being so wrong). But if there isn’t a kill then let’s kill Scirrus. And even in the dreaded scenario that he and I were a team, the whole thing would’ve only been a loss for the mafia team and a net win for civilians (who didn’t lose anyone).

Are there any issues with this plan? Let me know.
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:39 pm
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 pm Enrique isn't mafia. Yeet me over him if you'd like

But my vote's on Poison.
Because he's expressed many thoughts this game I find unlikely to come from mafia. Enrique's mindset doesn't read like someone who's been deceiving civillians all game to me. He seems like demotivated town who just had an aha! maybe this will work! moment. Digging into the flavor and speculating on how it supports a no evict is icing on the cake! If he's mafia then GG. I got outplayed. I'm fine with that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:49 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:39 pm

But my vote's on Poison.
Because he's expressed many thoughts this game I find unlikely to come from mafia. Enrique's mindset doesn't read like someone who's been deceiving civillians all game to me. He seems like demotivated town who just had an aha! maybe this will work! moment. Digging into the flavor and speculating on how it supports a no evict is icing on the cake! If he's mafia then GG. I got outplayed. I'm fine with that.
Very well.

Who has expressed thoughts that come from mafia?

Return to “Previous Rackets”