Magic the Gathering Mafia - Game Over - Mafia has won!

Moderator: Community Team

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 0

Post by Made »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:13 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:29 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 am so punish the fool seems like a pretty punishing ability for our team.

the best we can probably do is to make scum play whack-a-mole. we all need mana for something...

fix suggestion : everyone should ask for the mana they need (and that's it - just ask for the mana, don't say what it's for or that it needs priority, etc etc), irregardless of how good or bad their ability is.

loop holes : the mafia will target strong people this way, so we're a bit forced to spread the cards to someone they don't need dead. (PoEish targets that can reasonably be town)

my instinct is to say that 3 mana is a bit tough to gather? so let's not try to get caught up in an ability that takes quite a bit to use anyway.

thoughts / concerns about this?
I don't think that 3 mana is tough to gather. I can produce that much mana in a night. I don't know how many lands you have, but I have three. If that's standard, then this is probably somewhere near equivalent to a wolf giving up their personal ability in order to use Punish The Fool.
that was more my point, i assume they won’t use it every time.

unless their roles are pretty terrible
ok friends, i'm going to contribute a hot take so me and Marmot can be friends and i can supatown and stuff.

*ahem* I feel like Ted is town. It's weird to argue that you should give mana to POE. That's really hard argument to make. It might be right (It's what I'm doing with my mana), but like making that argument as scum so clearly benefits scum who can't escape PoE.

Ted is also openly talking about stuff that seems really scummy at face value. After the above quote he then began to argue that because fool is a card in this game that there are town players who likely don't have enough mana to do their own shit...which makes sense, but it's is also the kinda thing that you probably shouldn't talk about as town, so I'd personally expect scum would think twice about talking about it too, because it looks scum af. What i'm getting at is Ted is too scummy too early in ways that aren't necessary. Why risk the heat this early?? I think it's unlikely to be a hit.

ok, thank you for your time. please adjust your reads accordingly.

and don't forget, towncores aren't formed, they're Made™ :beer:
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 1

Post by Made »

[pic]Image[/pic]
Pov: you reading my takes
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 148
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

thing is i’m not even scummy, hk is tunneled and doesn’t care regardless of his alignment

and urist just wants to hear takes from me and doesn’t even scum read me, it’s probably the after taste of having a “damn, gottem” read that was actually explained properly

dunya probably didn’t read my explanation either and mac is being mac and just sheeping

i doubt he wants me out of the game early for nothing and if he does then :(
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 115

Post by tutuu »

The 36 hour mark has passed, lands are locked in!
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

so, the LC thing...

@Urist
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 am so punish the fool seems like a pretty punishing ability for our team.

the best we can probably do is to make scum play whack-a-mole. we all need mana for something...

fix suggestion : everyone should ask for the mana they need (and that's it - just ask for the mana, don't say what it's for or that it needs priority, etc etc), irregardless of how good or bad their ability is.

loop holes : the mafia will target strong people this way, so we're a bit forced to spread the cards to someone they don't need dead. (PoEish targets that can reasonably be town)

my instinct is to say that 3 mana is a bit tough to gather? so let's not try to get caught up in an ability that takes quite a bit to use anyway.

I don't think that 3 mana is tough to gather. I can produce that much mana in a night. I don't know how many lands you have, but I have three. If that's standard, then this is probably somewhere near equivalent to a wolf giving up their personal ability in order to use Punish The Fool.
at first i looked at this and it was fine, you can tell, however, that he didn't really seemed suspicious of my post, because he didn't ask me any questions, etc etc.
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:38 pm
Urist wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 pm

Actually, this kind of reads like ted is a wolf with 3 lands who thinks that townies start with fewer.
Why would a townie ever say "3 mana is a bit tough to gather" here?
When I read it with the idea that it "reads like ted is a wolf", tow things jump out at me. One, his use of "instinct" feels wild and wolfy... but that's just for laughs. Two, more serious, he's casually downplaying the concern about this ability.
this is where my misunderstanding came into play, i thought this post was saying that he looked through the scope of me being wolf and could see some things, but he wasn't like "i believe this post is a wolf". my brain somehow thought this post was actually refuting your arguments somehow (i have no effin idea, my reading comprehension must've been that poor)
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Urist wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:38 pm
Urist wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 pm

Actually, this kind of reads like ted is a wolf with 3 lands who thinks that townies start with fewer.
Why would a townie ever say "3 mana is a bit tough to gather" here?
When I read it with the idea that it "reads like ted is a wolf", tow things jump out at me. One, his use of "instinct" feels wild and wolfy... but that's just for laughs. Two, more serious, he's casually downplaying the concern about this ability.
so then, when you started biting more, i thought he was throwing logs in the fire that you created while not thinking about my alignment too much

in that post ^ because i don't think he was necessarily wolf reading me

and then in this one

Also, "for our team" lol
guy reads like a middle manager trying to be one of the bois
Or "hello fellow townies".
and this is the post that made me vote him, because he's not said i'm a wolf for anything but tried to pace your world view in this post as well as the other and make you more tunneled without saying much by himself, if he had a genuine suspicion i think it would've been seen in his first post commenting on my post...
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:30 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:20 am left them out because they're yhour TEAMMATES huh? punk?
I wiish!!!

I read ted's iso. He's had more to say about mech than anything else, but his tone and comfort are good. I'd lean town, so would prefer to yeet elsewhere today.

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:12 pm dumb reads d0 that i shouldn't care to formulate

but hk's "is it just me or is esooa super wordy" feels off, not sure if it does for anyone else

not gonna write a bunch of words on it because i'm not sure if it's anything yet, but maybe it inspires something in someone
I'd like more words when you get a chance ted on this hk read, but I do like the tone in this post, particularly line 1.
just read page 6 and page 7 and see if hk's handling of esooa makes any sense

on bottom of page 6 he was talking to esooa as if he was town reading her and then he makes that wolfy post from a mindset of suspecting her

seemed like a TMI slip from a woalf that doesn't know how to handle his targets although he knows being aggressive and pushing your reads is looked at as villagery, but can't actually deliver.

i mean, he says a few reasons for why esooa is a wolf, then he makes this post
hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:46 am
Nicol Bolas wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:22 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:15 am
Nicol Bolas wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:04 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:09 am distrustful of bolesooa and ajanitina atm
@hollowkatt

care to explain this post from earlier?
yeah, the amount of times you were talking about your mana needs gave me the willies. guillotina I dunno, I have a hard time reading reaction images and some of the reactions didn't seem to fit some of the posts.

Like ok, all of us have mana abilities (I assume) so yeah, mana and mana management are going to be things this game, plus wolves have an ability to nuke someone based on the amount of mana they gain during a day phase, so! someone who's openly talking about mana needs either has no fear (which is possible) OR they're a wolf and know they aren't getting nuked (also possible)
I have an ability which as explained can literally not be used without me being given a specific kind of mana

do you expect me to just do nothing with my ability or land this game?

Because that doesn't seem very useful to me.

So I decided to ask about how we will figure out things like Mana distribution among town

This post really doesn't sit well with me because it's lacking so many things. HK doesn't seem to consider the usefulness in giving some amount of coordination to town, HK doesn't see the usefulness in me giving information to town that I believe helps us inform our decisions, HK doesn't look at my posts and see I never asked for Mana and have been saying we shouldn't do that in thread
Esooa is missing massive amounts of what I've said, is ignoring my actual concerns, and continues going on and on about how apparently I don't see her posts.
Gonna be super fun when we're T/T and tunnel each other.

I never said you're asking for mana, I said wolves can nuke you if they know how much you've been given or even have an idea.

I never said don't ask, I never said there isn't usefulness in coordination.
You're putting words into my mouth and twisting things. STAHP DOING THAT.

We'll figure out mana distribution as we continue to play. We don't need to figure that out D0. but whatever, have a dumb tunnel, congrats.
i mean, he's talking to her like she has her as a villager.

and then he made this post?
hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:20 pm Is it just me or is Bolesooa super duper wordy?
doesn't really make much sense, progression wise
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 270

Post by falcon45ca »

Of the 4 players on my wagon, Epi is far and away the most sus. Clearly pocketing Kyle.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Did I miss something, esooa is playing this game?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@tedxtr why do you think it's difficult for town to have 3 mana? That post of yours re: mana for town is the reason I have a scum read on you, but I find hk more scummy than you, and I don't see you as teammates.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

it’s already in my iso

[VOTE: hollowkatt ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Of the 4 biggest slankers, Dr Wilgy, Jack, Enrique, JPIC, who's most likely to be Maf?

How do others read Jack's post, #42?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:24 am The nice thing about only counting votes in the thread is that we can do things like this:

[VOTE: t̶̨̧̨̡͉̳̝̙̺̭̟̩̮͉̭̳̞͈̩̝͓͎̯͇̭̲̬͉̩̪̤͙̦̖̭͇͈͚̠̬̯̮̞͍̰̱̯͐̋͂͑̎͆̃͂̌̎̃̓́́͗̑̉͘͘̚͜͝͝ư̶̡̡͖͎͈̯̻̘͇̣̩̰̲͖̻̙̖̟͕̰̥͙͍̻̲̺̪̺͎͉͎̥̣̭̫̙̘͓̭̟̣̼̯͍̮̻̤̟͚͎͖͎̆̒̊͐͆͋̅͆́̽̊͆̾̐̊̾̾͒͗͌̊̃͛̎́̚̚͘̕͜͜͠͝ͅt̷̨̨͓̜̙̞̙̺̹̣̬͕̺͎͌̊̓̀̅͛̓ų̵̨̢̢̨̛̛͖͖̻͕̳͓͓̝̮̥̙̞̣͓͈̘͙̝̪͔̹͕̺͕̳̺̟̺͚̱̬͎͔͚͈̻̫̯̺̟͙̞͇̦͑̍̓͋̃̈́̈̑͊̾͗̐̄͐͌̂͗͘͜͜ͅͅư̵̧̡̢̦̤̺͚̬̩̞̣̝̙̗͚̳̤̝̬̘̟̟̻͇͇̱̺̯͇̟̪̫͖̮͈̏̾̀̓͆͂̐̇̅̏͋̇͆͒̌̿̒̀̓̒͒̈́̒́̓̔͒̊̃̒̌̽͒̂͌͋̓̓͐̈́̌̋̅̽̕̕͜͝͝͠͠͝] aubergine
:scared:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:48 am it’s already in my iso

[VOTE: hollowkatt ] aubergine
Fine, make me work for a living
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:37 am Jack is mafia for leaving us hanging like that :(
I have an alibi. I was playing Warhammer. :grin:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 am Here's a rainbow before I sleep. The yellow reads are mostly null due to lack of content/interaction.

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
Talk to me about them baddie reads.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:56 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 am Here's a rainbow before I sleep. The yellow reads are mostly null due to lack of content/interaction.

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
I find it somewhat strange that he's not voting with his top town reads on someone he also has as one of his top scum reads.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot has Dr Wilgy as green, but yellow reads are null due to lack of content/interaction, despite the fact that Wilgy has 16 posts to LCs 62, Bolas 42, JPIC 27. How is LC a null for lack of content when he's almost quadrupling Wilgy's content?
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 251
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Players we need to hear more from

Urist
Guillotine
Nicol Bolas
Made
DrWilgy
Jackofhearts2005
hollowkatt
Long Con
Kylemii
Justplayingitcool
tedxtr
MacDougall
Marmot
Enrique
falcon45ca
dunya
Epignosis

I may or may not be an inactivity vigilante who will pick one name out of those to kill tonight.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
Falcon looks like he flinging shit everywhere and seeing what sticks. Thing is, Urist and Made are two players he's not shaded at nearly the same level as many others. From his pov, Made's votes for him are lacking any amount of reason, and should not look good. Falcon's pretty much ignored it (and he's shading me for voting Made)

In addition to the above, I called Made out for his vote, and he said he was stirring shit up. I don't think he was at all, he was just spanking, but trying to make an excuse to look more productive. I believe he and falcon are teammates.

Urist defended falcon in a manner that I think looks contrived. The way Urist asks Epi to explain his read on falcon, and Urist's ensuing townread of falcon (and Ted vote) looks to me like a player who knows falcon's alignment and has his mind made up about how he's handling it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:00 am

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
I find it somewhat strange that he's not voting with his top town reads on someone he also has as one of his top scum reads.
You're also voting me, and off-wagon option. :shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy may have posted a low number of times, but the content in his posts are not the sort of things I expect from DrWolfy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

@falcon45ca what’s your read of Made?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 am

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
Falcon looks like he flinging shit everywhere and seeing what sticks. Thing is, Urist and Made are two players he's not shaded at nearly the same level as many others. From his pov, Made's votes for him are lacking any amount of reason, and should not look good. Falcon's pretty much ignored it (and he's shading me for voting Made)

In addition to the above, I called Made out for his vote, and he said he was stirring shit up. I don't think he was at all, he was just spanking, but trying to make an excuse to look more productive. I believe he and falcon are teammates.

Urist defended falcon in a manner that I think looks contrived. The way Urist asks Epi to explain his read on falcon, and Urist's ensuing townread of falcon (and Ted vote) looks to me like a player who knows falcon's alignment and has his mind made up about how he's handling it.
If you believe Urist is Maf, doesn't that make it more likely that I'm town?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:22 am @falcon45ca what’s your read of Made?
I've said it several times, and called him out several times as well. Check the ISO, you ignoring that is selective reading perhaps?

He's scum in my book
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

HK, Marmot, Epi, Made, Wilgy are my top suspects ATM
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:08 am Players we need to hear more from

Urist
Guillotine
Nicol Bolas
Made
DrWilgy
Jackofhearts2005
hollowkatt
Long Con
Kylemii
Justplayingitcool
tedxtr
MacDougall
Marmot
Enrique
falcon45ca
dunya
Epignosis

I may or may not be an inactivity vigilante who will pick one name out of those to kill tonight.
Hey, that may or may not be my job
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:24 am
I've said it several times, and called him out several times as well. Check the ISO, you ignoring that is selective reading perhaps?

He's scum in my book
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:25 pm
You could've used this post to do so, but instead wasted it on telling me to ISO your artwork
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:31 am

Urist
Guillotine
Nicol Bolas
Made
DrWilgy
Jackofhearts2005
hollowkatt
Long Con
Kylemii
Justplayingitcool
tedxtr
MacDougall
Marmot
Enrique
falcon45ca
dunya
Epignosis

Hey, that may or may not be my job
How come you may or may not get the cool roles? =(
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

I honestly don't scum read Falcon as much as before, but i dont like the alternate option.
What about Urist?

[VOTE: Urist] aubergine
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made

this is. A town person
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:26 am Of the 4 players on my wagon, Epi is far and away the most sus. Clearly pocketing Kyle.

I thought Kyle's post about pocketing was a joke.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:43 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:26 am Of the 4 players on my wagon, Epi is far and away the most sus. Clearly pocketing Kyle.

Kyle's post was, but it def looks like that's what Epi is doing
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

I dont think scum have lands. Because they could just give mana to a player of their choice who they really wanna kill for sure and target it with kill the fool.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:46 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:43 am

Kyle's post was, but it def looks like that's what Epi is doing

Or Epi just thinks he's town? I do.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 349

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
you missed Enrique and myself. Where would you put him and where would you put me?
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:42 am

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made

this is. A town person
What's towny about it? He said I haven't called out Made, totally false. He said Urist knows my alignment as town, but he thinks I'm scum anyways. He talks about "many others" I have shaded, but again, go through my ISO, who is this team of "many"?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:17 am I left out hk too, what a rainbow! :haha:
lol and I thought you'd missed Enrique and not Ted. Shows how much I pay attention
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:50 am

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
you missed Enrique and myself. Where would you put him and where would you put me?
He didn't miss Enrique. Tho how he can possibly have Enrique as a null with LC is beyond me.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am I dont think scum have lands. Because they could just give mana to a player of their choice who they really wanna kill for sure and target it with kill the fool.
How do they get mana for their artifacts then?
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:53 am
Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am I dont think scum have lands. Because they could just give mana to a player of their choice who they really wanna kill for sure and target it with kill the fool.
I dont know, but it makes no bloody sense that they can kill someone with an anti-claim mechanic they can control, that is 100% not counterable.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

He's scum in my book

Here is a compilation of every time you mentioned Made.

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:27 pm
Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:03 pm Image

wuzz poppin
Off theme playing card gif?

83% chance Scum
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:39 pm
Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm

wuzz poppin

83% chance Scum
>I play a card face down in defense mode and end my turn
Is that a Pokemon card game reference?

Anybody remember POG?
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:24 pm I see Made dropped a vote on me for no reason given, then removed said vote for also no reasons given.

@Made why do this?

PS MtG > Yu-Go-Blow
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:49 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:46 pm I am willing to trade my vote for 3 mana. would any like to take me up on that?
Seems a good way to get targeted with the Punish the Fool card
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:04 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:02 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:24 pm I see Made dropped a vote on me for no reason given, then removed said vote for also no reasons given.

@Made why do this?

PS MtG > Yu-Go-Blow
hi, reading through your iso, sorry if removing my vote was stressed you out, you can have it back <3

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
You gonna give a reason for this vote, or is it another Yu-Go-Blow tactic?
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:05 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:03 pm Falcon, when was your last scum game? have we ever played where I was town and you were scum?
I have never been scum on Syndicate.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:15 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:06 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:03 pm Falcon, when was your last scum game? have we ever played where I was town and you were scum?
huh, okay, yeah, cuz i feel like i'm reading a different player. You're still goofy as per usual, but you seem more goal oriented than I've seen you in the past. Would you agree with that take?
You're asking me to give reads on myself?

I guess I'd agree that I'm more focused than the Champs game, as I said in that one I had a hard time getting going. Similar story with Spiderverse.

I feel I'm as focused as I was in Fallout tho, so I dunno. I guess the take is somewhat fair

The only time you called him scum is in the very first post, which looked like a joke anyway. So no, your read on him was not clear to me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:55 am
I dont know, but it makes no bloody sense that they can kill someone with an anti-claim mechanic they can control, that is 100% not counterable.

Maybe there's enough power in civilian cards to counter some of the damage. The Wolf Pack card is counterable, even if the Pity the Fool isn't.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Can you spell out your reason for suspecting me falcon?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:57 am So you're actively townreading Ted. Why?
He's done some townie things, certainly more than Made. Also tone, he looks cozy and comfortable.
are we reading the same ted posts?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:57 am

He's scum in my book

wuzz poppin

83% chance Scum

wuzz poppin

83% chance Scum

Anybody remember POG?

@Made why do this?

PS MtG > Yu-Go-Blow
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:46 pm I am willing to trade my vote for 3 mana. would any like to take me up on that?

@Made why do this?

PS MtG > Yu-Go-Blow
hi, reading through your iso, sorry if removing my vote was stressed you out, you can have it back <3

huh, okay, yeah, cuz i feel like i'm reading a different player. You're still goofy as per usual, but you seem more goal oriented than I've seen you in the past. Would you agree with that take?

I guess I'd agree that I'm more focused than the Champs game, as I said in that one I had a hard time getting going. Similar story with Spiderverse.

I feel I'm as focused as I was in Fallout tho, so I dunno. I guess the take is somewhat fair

The only time you called him scum is in the very first post, which looked like a joke anyway. So no, your read on him was not clear to me.
Do any of the other posts look like I changed my read?

Call him out for voting for no reason, twice, call him out for his Mana trade post.

Where oh where do you see me town read him?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:57 am So you're actively townreading Ted. Why?
He's done some townie things, certainly more than Made. Also tone, he looks cozy and comfortable.
are we reading the same ted posts?

Yes, but I'd had two glasses of wine when I said that.

I think part of my read of ted is that I found Urist's vote kinda icky.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:00 pm
Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:55 am

Maybe there's enough power in civilian cards to counter some of the damage. The Wolf Pack card is counterable, even if the Pity the Fool isn't.
Maybe @Marmot

@falcon45ca the artifacts run on generic mana, which means any color and/or colorless.

Who was asking for colorless mana when the game started. I forgot.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:57 am

He's scum in my book

wuzz poppin

83% chance Scum

wuzz poppin

83% chance Scum

Anybody remember POG?

@Made why do this?

PS MtG > Yu-Go-Blow

@Made why do this?

PS MtG > Yu-Go-Blow

Do any of the other posts look like I changed my read?

Call him out for voting for no reason, twice, call him out for his Mana trade post.

Where oh where do you see me town read him?

Calling people out =/= scumreading them.

Also, your call-out of his mana trade post couldn't be a scumread, because you were pointing out the dangers of the Pity the Fool card.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying. Would you yeet him today?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Urist
Guillotine
Nicol Bolas
Made
DrWilgy
Jackofhearts2005
hollowkatt
Long Con
Kylemii
Justplayingitcool
tedxtr
MacDougall
Marmot
Enrique
falcon45ca
dunya
Epignosis

It occurs to me that mafia has no way of blocking any abilities, so discussing targets for such an ability as this is perfectly viable.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Urist
Guillotine
Nicol Bolas
Made
DrWilgy
Jackofhearts2005
hollowkatt
Long Con
Kylemii
Justplayingitcool
tedxtr
MacDougall
Marmot
Enrique
falcon45ca
dunya
Epignosis

It occurs to me that mafia has no way of blocking any abilities, so discussing targets for such an ability as this is perfectly viable.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

Return to “Previous Rackets”