[END] Fight Club Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 162

Re: [DAY 7] Fight Club Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:How is it Day 7 and I still feel like I have nothing to go on? Anyone? Bueller?
I agree with this 100 percent.

I keep thinking "who would be likely to be recruited?" but that feels like a bad hornets nest to step into as well so I keep trying to push that thought out of my head as a reason to be suspicious of people. :(

Frustrating lack of anything to go on is frustrating.
Okay, here's the thing (are you ready to hear the thing? Cause here it is): The police can search someone every night to see if they are bad and kill them if they are, right? There have been no police kills lately, so I am going to assume they have been failing at this job. Who would the police likely search? Presumably the people they find suspicios in the thread, the same people they re voting to lynch. This leads me to conlcude that someone who has taken a lot of votes (like Bullz, for example) is almoost certainly innocent (until Tyler reads this and immediately recruits Bullz.)

For this reason, I am going to vote for someone who has taken NO suspicion, someone who the police would have no reason to check.

That person is Dom.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:How is it Day 7 and I still feel like I have nothing to go on? Anyone? Bueller?

I keep thinking "who would be likely to be recruited?" but that feels like a bad hornets nest to step into as well so I keep trying to push that thought out of my head as a reason to be suspicious of people. :(

Okay, here's the thing (are you ready to hear the thing? Cause here it is): The police can search someone every night to see if they are bad and kill them if they are, right? There have been no police kills lately, so I am going to assume they have been failing at this job. Who would the police likely search? Presumably the people they find suspicios in the thread, the same people they re voting to lynch. This leads me to conlcude that someone who has taken a lot of votes (like Bullz, for example) is almoost certainly innocent (until Tyler reads this and immediately recruits Bullz.)

For this reason, I am going to vote for someone who has taken NO suspicion, someone who the police would have no reason to check.

That person is Dom.
Have fun with that
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 40

Re: [DAY 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Canucklehead »

timmer wrote:
As for peolpe following my votes, I think the majority are people who just aren't that active and maybe they glommed onto a theory that seemed passable. I remember the short tim eI played the recent Recruitment Mafia game, I had no purpose snice I hadn't ben recruited and I just kind of played "meh" because I had no one to root for. In this game, there are a lot of people with no real role, who may be feeling the same way. Could Tyler Durden or the Project Mayhem recruits jumped on my votes as well? Absolutely, but I don't see how to pinpoint them
I think this is actually a really valid point. I'd wager that the majority of mafia players (not all, but the majority) can't really help but be much less invested in a game where they are not only powerless but also (because almost everyone else on their team is powerless, too) pretty much directionless. Perhaps it's too obvious to even mention, but I would be very unsurprised if Tyler and his recruits are among the more involved/chatty/focused players in the game.
I don't mean to suggest that ALL the baddies are the high posters, or that there are no baddies attempting the fly under the radar strategy....but I think I am going to be much less inclined to suspect the disinterested/blendy players for precisely the reasons Timmer suggests.
bea wrote:
To be quite honest, this is precisely the kind of hornets nest I do feel like stepping in to. The only thing we know FOR CERTAIN is that DH was recruited. We don't know when or how, only that DH is the kind of player our Tyler wanted on his team. Based on that knowledge, I'm totally willing to spend some time speculating about what other players Tyler might also have wanted. I think there's just as much merit in wildly fabricating scenarios that attempt to psychologize Tyler's recruitment strategy as there is in fabricating scenarios that attempt to justify his recruitment opportunities. The benefit of the former is that we (or at least some of us) have pretty reasonable ideas about how some other players play the game, while we have no idea about how MP set up the mechanics.

:shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 100

Re: [NIGHT 6] Fight Club Mafia

Post by S~V~S »

Leamiteo wrote:
juliets wrote:Lea, there is no bandwagon. At this point there is SVS saying she is suspicious of you and me saying there was a conversation with you and DH that I thought was odd and I will probably take a look at your posts. You sound more defensive than this amount of activity calls for. Is there something I'm missing?
It wasn't the first time, it was brought up before.
S~V~S wrote:And you were in the same thread Day One, when i think he was recruited. I don't think it is all that unreasonable. But nice No U there, kiddo :noble:
Well you're wrong, hate to break it to you. But hey, if I can't dissuade you, keep pursuing a dead-end road for all I care, I don't have anything more to say other than I'm looking to lynch Tyler.
Long Con wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Oh God I almost forgot :(

I am not seeing the cases here other than as related to proximity. I am voting Lea again as not only was she in the right place at the right time, but that whole exchange she had with DH felt off to me, and now she I's apparently using it to clear her from association with him.
It was not an effort to clear association with him, it was stating that I am not connected with him. Different. He was bad and trying to draw attention from himself to me. The end. You continuing to point to this exchange which was simply me trying to diffuse a miffed baddie being called out for being bad makes me :eye: you and all those who join this silly bandwagon you keep trying to form.
For someone who is trying to "clear association with him", this sounds a bit defensive and overly emotional. And what bandwagon? I don't think you've been in severe danger of getting lynched yet, so I don't see how you can claim that a bandwagon is forming against you.
She didn't claim that a bandwagon was forming, she claimed that S~V~S and others were trying to form one. I don't know Lea too well, but if she has played a lot of Mafia, then she probably has good enough instincts to see where the wind is blowing. As soon as it sticks that she is connected to DH, then she's as good as lynched. THEN the bandwagons would circle up.

And in a quick read of my own post here, I can see that S~V~S said Lea is "apparently using it to clear her from association with him", THEN Lea said "It was not an effort to clear association with him"... BWT, you then started in with 'For someone who is trying to "clear association with him", this sounds a bit defensive and overly emotional.'... as if you are quoting lea with the "clear association" thing... and yet you quoted her oppositely. See what I'm saying?

Just bringing that up because I'm sure it would frustrated Lea to be misquoted in that way, then she'd have to correct you, and then someone would say "Look how defensive she is, she can't give it up!"... and if we're going to lynch someone, I'd rather have it be for real things, not drummed-up meta-defensiveness over lazy quoting.
Yes, THANK YOU. :sigh:
"drummed-up meta-defensiveness over lazy quoting" what does that even mean? That could describe this whole game, not just me. And she has been in no danger of being lynched. Everyone else has their own weak cases to flog :p

To be honest, I can see both sides of this. Being misquoted is obnoxious, BUT I am just going on how things feel to me. I really honestly feel that DH was recruited earlier rather than late, based on his crazy split on being homethread centric. I reread his Day One/Day Two threads exhaustively, and all of his interactions with the people he was in contact with those days, and of everything, this is what most struck me. I agree with whoever said that it was weird that DH was asking Aces to follow him to Penns Grove, like maybe he was meeting Tyler there to recruit Aces (who did not more forward)~ the interaction that got my atttention happened there. I thought it was suspicious~ What do you want me to say? You can't help what catches your eye; this caught mine.

I find it weird that I specifically am being called out for mischaracterizing someones posts when ALL of the suspicion in this game has been based on proximity and interactions with/about DH. The case on Blooper, who you voted for, LC, was not dissimilar.

I am willing to let go of a bone, and admit it is a weak bone, since this thread is littered with weak bones. But like I said, every other suspicion has been equally weak. At least this weak bone was mine.

Someone last night said maybe fixating on specific days is a mistake, or something to that effect. Well, lets do some brainstorming. Who would WANT to recruit DH? He's a strong player, well known to both the old school players and the new. In every thread he was in, he was a dominant player, so he would catch the attention of even a recruiter who was unfamiliar with him. So maybe we need to be looking at bolder players; maybe Tyler likes them flashy :D. I still think the proximity thing holds water, if we can even get another recruit, that might help triangulate a position for Tyler.

I am not sure if anyone has asked this question; @MP~ can the cops check the same person more than once?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Dom »

I'm voting now. I have a concert to go to, work to do, people to see, etc.

I'm voting BWT for his flip on Bullz.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm voting BWT for that and the reasons I mentioned the previous day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FYI, folks: I am getting on a plane to go see our dear friend Mongoose tonight, so my involvement in this game will likely be minimal until Monday.

Thanks for your understanding and compassion.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:@MP~ can the cops check the same person more than once?
Yes.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:

"drummed-up meta-defensiveness over lazy quoting" what does that even mean? That could describe this whole game, not just me. And she has been in no danger of being lynched. Everyone else has their own weak cases to flog :p

To be honest, I can see both sides of this. Being misquoted is obnoxious, BUT I am just going on how things feel to me. I really honestly feel that DH was recruited earlier rather than late, based on his crazy split on being homethread centric. I reread his Day One/Day Two threads exhaustively, and all of his interactions with the people he was in contact with those days, and of everything, this is what most struck me. I agree with whoever said that it was weird that DH was asking Aces to follow him to Penns Grove, like maybe he was meeting Tyler there to recruit Aces (who did not more forward)~ the interaction that got my atttention happened there. I thought it was suspicious~ What do you want me to say? You can't help what catches your eye; this caught mine.

I find it weird that I specifically am being called out for mischaracterizing someones posts when ALL of the suspicion in this game has been based on proximity and interactions with/about DH. The case on Blooper, who you voted for, LC, was not dissimilar.

I am willing to let go of a bone, and admit it is a weak bone, since this thread is littered with weak bones. But like I said, every other suspicion has been equally weak. At least this weak bone was mine.

Someone last night said maybe fixating on specific days is a mistake, or something to that effect. Well, lets do some brainstorming. Who would WANT to recruit DH? He's a strong player, well known to both the old school players and the new. In every thread he was in, he was a dominant player, so he would catch the attention of even a recruiter who was unfamiliar with him. So maybe we need to be looking at bolder players; maybe Tyler likes them flashy :D. I still think the proximity thing holds water, if we can even get another recruit, that might help triangulate a position for Tyler.

I am not sure if anyone has asked this question; @MP~ can the cops check the same person more than once?
Re: who would want to recruit DH: I am very much of the opinion that DH was recruited precisely for his loudness/obnoxiousness (Love you, girl/wackyness, and my hunch is that Tyler was seeking these qualities because s/he is NOT naturally disposed towards that jokey/dominant gameplay. For example, I know for sure that if I were Tyler (and assuming I'd matured from my previous mafia policy of rewarding hilarity.....which I totally have NOT matured from, by the way :noble: ) my strategy would be to recruit a player who was sweet/nice, took the game seriously, was very involved in theories and suspicions, and was a fairly high-poster. I would do this because my style is usually to be bitchy/horrible, to never take anything seriously, very rarely contribute to the paranoia/suspicions/etc, and post only two or three times per day. To be quite honest, I would recruit Bea or unfurl as my first recruit because they are both the polar opposite of my playstyle :srsnod: (That's totally a compliment, chicas. No one wants to play like me :omg: )This is because I would want my teammates to be always at arm's length from me, and the best way I would have of doing that would be to eliminate even the subconscious connections that players could create between us due to similar playstyles/tones.

Long story short: I think we're looking for a Tyler who is fairly quiet/fairly serious/fairly thoughtful. I think further recruits will possibly be similar to DH in that they are experienced and confident, but perhaps a little more serious in tone.

I know many (most) of you will dismiss this theory as silly, and possibly even be upset by the fact that such a theory seems to punish prominent players just for being prominent.......but I really think that this dynamic (of attempting to guess how the recruiter is going to operate, who they would want to choose) is an inherent part of a recruitment focused game....so there! :P
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by unfurl »

timmer
I had finally filled my ss, and I noticed a pattern of few people following your vote, and I wanted to do know what you thought
Thanks for you input

---

Quiet people are quiet, it always happend, but if we go lynching quiet people rather then suspects, we are really handing the game to Tyler

---

Like I said early on, findind tyler was like finding a needle in a haystach, probabilities against us
I knew it that it was not gonna be easy, more so in a game where most of us, the mayority we are vanilla

---

Canucklehead
Good thing you are among the less likely to be Tyler in my list then Canuck XD cause I like not being recruited

Good to see you more input of you btw, I was waiting to read more from you, cause you do make good contributions full of things to consider and think about like below

You mention that people that behave like DH may be tyler recruit, do you have names in particular?
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Dom wrote:I'm voting now. I have a concert to go to, work to do, people to see, etc.

I'm voting BWT for his flip on Bullz.
Does that mean you not longer suspect Bullz?
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

thellama73 wrote:
bea wrote:

That person is Dom.
llama
do you tend to go from one suspect to another every day? and forget about your previous one?

---

If the police has checked Tyler, nothing is gonna happend according to the roles,
so they only know that player is not a recruit, but tyler that still a possibilitie also

I was also reading about the winning conditions

Civvies have the same condition as the Narrator, and I asked MP and he said, the narrator only needs tyler dead,
so Im guessing we dont need the recruits dead??? but I think the recruits are sort of shield for tyler from a game mechanic/votting point of view
so we do need their numbers down (worse thing we dont know how many they are) cause at the end votting is a powerfull tool
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

unfurl wrote:
Canucklehead
Good thing you are among the less likely to be Tyler in my list then Canuck XD cause I like not being recruited

Good to see you more input of you btw, I was waiting to read more from you, cause you do make good contributions full of things to consider and think about like below

You mention that people that behave like DH may be tyler recruit, do you have names in particular?
My initial thoughts of DH-esque recruits (in terms of experience, talkativeness, etc.) would be folks like SVS, Long Don, maybe Dom??, maybe Sorsha??, maybe Space Daisy??
I dunno. I'm no longer totally familiar with everyone's style, since its been so long since I've played. The answers above are essentially just people I remember as being very involved/talkative in previous games many many moons ago, but I have no idea if they still play that way (or if I'm remembering wrong), and certainly someone like Long Con hasn't really taken on much of a leadership role this game, so :shrug: Maybe he's trying to lay low to deflect precisely this type of suspicion, but I'm not really ready to pursue that line of thought at the moment, on him or anyone else, but I am absoutely keeping it in mind as one of the factors I'm considering.

I'm kind of more interested in speculating about who might want to recruit a loudmouth like DH ( :P ).....and in that respect I'm going to need to rely on the expertise of you folks since I don't really know a lot of the players here. I plan on taking a look at the various post counts/participation levels in this game to see who is playing "quiet".....but what I'm REALLY interested in knowing is if someone who is normally a quiet/uninvolved/non-dominating presence in the thread has upped their game/involvement for this game. To me, that coupled with the recruitment of a loud/gregarious player would be a really interesting combination, since it combines the excitement of having an awesome role and therefore posting more/being more invested in the game with the desire to recruit someone who is very unlike oneself and therefore try to avoid being connected to them.

That's my current line of thinking, fwiw. If anyone has any insights on players who have made subtle increases to their contribution/enthusiasm level this game, that would be great to hear about. I just don't know any of these players well enough to be a solid judge of that on my own. :huh:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Having had recruitment abilities in the recruitment game at RM, my personal goal was to build a team that was smarter than I am. (I pretty much accomplished my one goal too. :p)

As you pointed out Cannuck, DH is a good get for anyone who would be Tyler. Experienced or newer player alike. I was bad with him in the "spacegoat" game and even though he died early he was still cruitial to our team's success bts with planning and stuff. We never would have done as well as we did were it not for he and Golden bouncing ideas off each other.

The bit with DH wanting Aces to move on to PG is an interesting idea. Who was there/voted to go there had the threads not merged?

I have to work a long chunk of the day and will likely have to vote before bed tonight. I'll be in and out today but prolly not too talkative.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I agree those "usual suspects" can be among good recruits candidates, will probably add timmer and bullz to the list of players, that Tyler may want to recruit early on, cause both are certainly very outspoken and people may be drawn to follow them

SVS, so far I dont really suspect her, at least I dont think she is Tyler, but is just gut, I dont fully trust her eitheir, but I dont fully trust anyone :biggrin: I do think her interchange with Leamiteo has been intersting enough to consider she may be onto something, but not fully convinced
SVS was also sort of worry about DH behaviour, so at least I dont think she was recruited in the time DH was alive

LC, I previous mention him to juliets, that I was concern about he being quiet, but I did noticed he when against bwt for missqutoting Leamiteo, thats more the LC I expect, but Im not sure, he is one that I can see being tyler or an early recruit, but his quietness/busy is a factor that I consider

Dom is someone who I always have hard time reading, so far we sort of agree in finding bullz suspicious,dont know how that makes me feel tbqh, and he voted bwt this day

Sorsha is someone has several questions mark in my ss, not exactly sure why, but I aparently I dont trust her much, I did felt her vompatti vote was an easy vote, as people always have a reason to suspect vomp for not being around, I think thats the odd vibe I got from her

I think SpaceDaisy, is a name that sort fade away, as early on I started in the same place with her, and she was one of the first players to mention wanting to find tyler, but since we split and after the merge, I have not seen much from her, but that can be due to her just being busy, as I understand from reading around the forum, she and MP are very busy, and I also have not played much with her, not really sure what she is like as good or bad

I also dont know a lot people that are playing, as this is my first time in this site, so a lot names from a behaviour point of view, Im lost
thellama is the most outspoken I encounter and who similar style/ideas to DH, and who caught my eye early on, but because he and DH had a back in forth early on, I do not longer think thellama is Tyler, unless that was a show, but tbqh I doubt it was a show

Those are my rambles thoughts going on my head :huh: probably not much of help, as Im clueless and overthinking :wall:
unfurl
The Mark

Re: [DAY 6] Fight Club Mafia

Post by unfurl »

Here it is the DH/Ace thing, I was the one who brought it up SVS and bea
unfurl wrote:Also something I also find curious about DH, is he was asking Ace (his brother) to go to Penss grove
DharmaHelper
Re: [NIGHT 3] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE
Aces come to Penns Grove with me ples
so ones wonder if in Day-Night 4 Tyler was at Penns Grove, going back to timmer theory, that tyler had to be in a club to be able to recruit
and DH wanted tyler to recruit his brother ???
But Ace did not vote that period, so he did not travel with DH, and as he was lynched day 5 we know he was a civvie
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

unfurl wrote: Quiet people are quiet, it always happend, but if we go lynching quiet people rather then suspects, we are really handing the game to Tyler
That's nonsense, because the police are an effective method for dealing with "suspects", which means Tyler will concentrate on recruiting "non-suspect" or, in other words, quiet people.

unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

thellama73 wrote:
unfurl wrote: Quiet people are quiet, it always happend, but if we go lynching quiet people rather then suspects, we are really handing the game to Tyler
That's nonsense, because the police are an effective method for dealing with "suspects", which means Tyler will concentrate on recruiting "non-suspect" or, in other words, quiet people.
ok, Im fine if people vote with a reason, and thats a reason, but I was refereing when people say "votting x player for not being around" not because they think are bad

Did you miss my previous question, to you?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 101

Post by timmer »

I feel like I may asked this already, but

@Alex, do Tyler and the Project Mayhem recruits share BTSC? If not, do the recruits know who Tyler is?
My siggie.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Vompatti »

I wouldn't mind being recruited.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

unfurl wrote: llama
do you tend to go from one suspect to another every day? and forget about your previous one?
I tend to vote for the person I most suspect at any given time. Sometimes that remains the same between days. Sometimes it does not.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, posting here from the Fenelon Falls fairgrounds, just taking advantage of a slow time to check in... They have free Wi-Fi here, so that's cool.

Maybe we should start tracking Tylers here... Like, pick a person to call Tyler, and then track where they went. If it doesn't include a DH connection, then they're not Tyler. Otherwise we can make lists for each Tyler possibility, and see whose name comes up the most for possible recruits.

Just a thought, obviously I'm not doing that here. At the fair.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Vompatti wrote:I wouldn't mind being recruited.
Would you mind if I voted for you for this sneaky comment?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Sorsha »

Long Con wrote:Hey, posting here from the Fenelon Falls fairgrounds, just taking advantage of a slow time to check in... They have free Wi-Fi here, so that's cool.

Maybe we should start tracking Tylers here... Like, pick a person to call Tyler, and then track where they went. If it doesn't include a DH connection, then they're not Tyler. Otherwise we can make lists for each Tyler possibility, and see whose name comes up the most for possible recruits.

Just a thought, obviously I'm not doing that here. At the fair.
Timmer already made a list of the people who had not had any DH contact before the merge:

timmer wrote:Some thoughts about tonight's fight.

I have a hunch that Tyler recruits from fight clubs where he is present. Alex is a genius when it comes to designing a game's mechanics, and I just don't think he cut us up into four fight clubs for nothing. I think it to make Tyler have to think about positioning, etc.

So with that in mind, I checked back and cross-referenced a bunch of notes, and of the players left alive, I count six who have never been in a fight club with DH at any given time. (And please double check that I've gotten this right, if you have the time): Boomslang, Hedgeowl, juliets, Keterman, unfurl and Spacedaisy. If my hunch is right about Tyler, none of those players should be him. And OF those six, going back to my notes, it seems there are four who have either not yet fought, or if they did fight, they lost and are presumably still at fight level 1: Boomslang, Hedgeowl, juliets and Keterman. (Again, double-check if you have time).

I bring all of this up because it seems that there are two ways to kill Tyler now; lynches and fights. But Tyler is likely strong, I could see him starting out higher than the rest of us, so I don't want to accidentally let Tyler fight a level 1 player and make him stronger. I will likely vote for one of the above to fight tonight. I think a fight of low-level players who don't seen to have a connection to DH is safest, personally.
Other than that you want to find out how many times someone has been in the same spot as DH, is that correct?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 35

Re: [DAY 6] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Sorsha »

unfurl wrote:Here it is the DH/Ace thing, I was the one who brought it up SVS and bea
unfurl wrote:Also something I also find curious about DH, is he was asking Ace (his brother) to go to Penss grove
DharmaHelper
Re: [NIGHT 3] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE
Aces come to Penns Grove with me ples
so ones wonder if in Day-Night 4 Tyler was at Penns Grove, going back to timmer theory, that tyler had to be in a club to be able to recruit
and DH wanted tyler to recruit his brother ???
But Ace did not vote that period, so he did not travel with DH, and as he was lynched day 5 we know he was a civvie
Does this mean that you think a recruit and/or Tyler would be found in the players who were with DH in Penns Grove on night 4?

If that's the case then these people were:

Elohcin
Canuck
JJLehto-dead civ
johns2jj-dead civ
Lea
MetalMarsh 1.0-dead civ
Russ
Sorsha
Spaghetti-dead civ
Vomps
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Leamiteo »

My mother is town for my last free weekends for many moons to come. I'm voting SVS because she is dead wrong about me.

I'll be back off and on throughout the week, but I have lots of training to receive and to give. My RAs arrive on Thursday and I have a lot to accomplish before then!
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Leamiteo »

P.S. I didn't catch up, I just wanted to not miss ANOTHER vote, so I did so a bit early. I'll catch up after my woman leaves on Sunday!
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DharmaHelper »

Was I rezzed yet?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:Was I rezzed yet?
Many people will die in this game, and their names will drift away on the breeze. Your death was important, DH. Your death gave this game something it very much needed - some focus. I think I speak for us all, when I applaud you for making the ultimate sacrifice to make this game better. :noble:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Long Con wrote:
That's actually the most "Vomp" like thing I've seen him say this game. :p
Leamiteo wrote:P.S. I didn't catch up, I just wanted to not miss ANOTHER vote, so I did so a bit early. I'll catch up after my woman leaves on Sunday!
I'm curious as to how you will react during your catch up to learn that SVS dropped her feelings on you this lynch. I get being busy, I'm as busy as the next kid. Especially on the weekends which are 12 hour + ordeals that I rarely get more than 2 minutes at a time to breath or take a drink of soda.

Can you get how the things pointed out previous, plus your thread patterns, plus now this might make you look less than civ?
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Was I rezzed yet?
Many people will die in this game, and their names will drift away on the breeze. Your death was important, DH. Your death gave this game something it very much needed - some focus. I think I speak for us all, when I applaud you for making the ultimate sacrifice to make this game better. :noble:
This almost made me spit french fries on my computer monitor. :haha:

I'm holding off my vote till morning because I'm curious as to the answer to Timmer's host question. I do have to be at work at like 7am to lead an 8 am meeting so heads up - my vote will be from my phone and very fly-by like.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Will be busy graduating tomorrow! Voting Vomps. Only someone who's been recruited would say they wouldn't mind being recruited. :srsnod:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I should vote now, could be my last chance. Not too sure about who's guilty here, so I vote Dom, because I think I owe him one. :D
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I haven't actually been able to read all that's happened in the last day phase, I've been busy on vacation and am not all that sure what's been happening since the last lynch. :x

I don't really have any feelings about any of the current vote havers, I know this is kinda lame but I think I have to randomize for now. I'll be able to catch up and kick ass in a couple days when I'm home and mg sister is back in her current state of residence.

*votes random sorsha*
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

Leamiteo wrote:My mother is town for my last free weekends for many moons to come. I'm voting SVS because she is dead wrong about me.

I'll be back off and on throughout the week, but I have lots of training to receive and to give. My RAs arrive on Thursday and I have a lot to accomplish before then!
So, a blatant OMGUS vote.
Russtifinko wrote:Will be busy graduating tomorrow! Voting Vomps. Only someone who's been recruited would say they wouldn't mind being recruited. :srsnod:
Um...no? That's not true at all? What?
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm super busy this weekend and don't really know who I'll vote for. Will try to check in through the day and get a vote in. I may or may not make other posts between then and now.
thellama73 wrote:
You can't know that for sure unless you are Tyler. There's no point at all in recruiting a really quiet person because they don't help your team in any way if they aren't getting involved in the game. Also, as Tyler has no way of knowing who the police will target (unless, as was theorised earlier, he has someone on the inside - in which case he can influence the target anyway) so he's better of just not worrying too much about it.
timmer wrote:I feel like I may asked this already, but

@Alex, do Tyler and the Project Mayhem recruits share BTSC? If not, do the recruits know who Tyler is?
I'd been assuming they do. If not, how are they supposed to work together? If all the recruits win together but don't know who the other recruits are and can't plot together then that's not really very helpful to them.
Russtifinko wrote:Will be busy graduating tomorrow! Voting Vomps. Only someone who's been recruited would say they wouldn't mind being recruited. :srsnod:
This is in no way true. I've said it before and still not been recruited. I don't see a problem with people saying that, but then I've never signed up to a game hoping to be a civ, I always want to be bad. So I can understand why others would say things like that. Plus it's Vomp, at least half of what he says isn't meant to be taken seriously.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:
Long Con wrote:
That's actually the most "Vomp" like thing I've seen him say this game. :p
Leamiteo wrote:P.S. I didn't catch up, I just wanted to not miss ANOTHER vote, so I did so a bit early. I'll catch up after my woman leaves on Sunday!
I'm curious as to how you will react during your catch up to learn that SVS dropped her feelings on you this lynch. I get being busy, I'm as busy as the next kid. Especially on the weekends which are 12 hour + ordeals that I rarely get more than 2 minutes at a time to breath or take a drink of soda.

Can you get how the things pointed out previous, plus your thread patterns, plus now this might make you look less than civ?
This this thissity this^^^^^^^^

Yeah, this was my point~ she has been in two places I believe Tyler was in. With DH on Day One, and with DH on Day 4. I scrubbed those two threads (and yes, Unfurl you did bring that remark up re DH & Aces) and those were the things that leapt out at me. The fact that her entire defense is "this is ludicrous" etc., and doesn't even address the plausibility of it makes me want to believe it MORE, not less.

But as I said, I do intend to do some heavy rereading today, because my beliefs on her are based on supposition, as are most of the current cases, really. I think it might be easier to find Tyler if we find another recruit, like I said yesterday, having two points to plot from makes it easier to triangulate a starting point then working off of theories, however plausible they might be. So I intend to reread with more of an eye for thread behavior rather than association with DH.

I would like to know who Lea suspects, though, and why. I don't recall her saying, other than me.

Also this caught my eye, might not have but he repeated it:
thellama73 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
The one baddie NK was of a cop. The cops have killed ONE recruit. And I know this has been brought up previously, there was a bit of discussion of it the other day. Llama, don't you think it's even a possibility that the cops may have been compromised? The first NK the baddies make is a cop? And the cops have not found one baddie since DH? Either they are spectacularly bad cops, or there is something rotten in the station house. I think we should rely on ourselves to find the baddies, and hope the cops are on board.

the fact that Llama keeps saying "trust the police", when this has been previously discussed, kinda paranoids me out. And the fact that he called Unfurls thoughts "nonsense" feels like he's trying to discount her opinions, which have been prolific and insightful. I don't like it, tbh. Does not mean he is bad. But it does not make me feel good about him.

And since I have seen several people discuss their recruiting philosophies, I recruit for harmony, and for strengths I lack. I am more of a tactician than a strategist; I am great in the foxhole, but not so much at the planning table.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The idea of the cops being compromised is an interesting one. I must ponder on this.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bullzeye wrote:
This is in no way true. I've said it before and still not been recruited. I don't see a problem with people saying that, but then I've never signed up to a game hoping to be a civ, I always want to be bad. So I can understand why others would say things like that. Plus it's Vomp, at least half of what he says isn't meant to be taken seriously.
Has Juliets given an opinion on you? As someone who was spectacularly fooled by a recruited Bullz, I would like her take on it, and don't recall having seen it. I have to go and look. But having recruited you in the past, I don't think I am seeing bad Bullz.

An yeah, I tend to agree with you. I like being bad or recruited; some people prefer to be civvies, and dislike being recruited; I am not one of them. For the most part I generally enjoy civvie roles when they are civ BTS roles. And popping into the thread with a wistful (cause that is how I read it) plea to be recruited strikes me just like something Vomps would do. I won't think he is recruited based solely on that.

Linki, I know the topic has come up before. Maybe Timmer brought it up?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Getting ready to leave for the day - will give this a few minutes while I run to wal-mart and vote when I get to work. As crappy as it sounds, I'm leaning leo for lack of any stronger suspects.

re: vompy - I took it as an "if ya know what I mean." sorta comment he makes well....like everywhere.

today = teh suck for me guys. Pray or drink heavily for me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

SVS, I could be totally off about bullz - like I was before - but I found his defenses to be genuine and at this point, I don't believe he's bad. Note that I started out with Bullz as my top suspect. With that said, I know he has fooled me in the past so I have to kinda of keep one eye open.

I do not have strong feelings about anyone this lynch. It just feels like an impossible task to me to find Tyler right now. There are some things I need to read through again I just dont have time before this lynch. Boogs already has votes calling him out for not being present in the game and I'm going to vote for Mr. Rearranger to prompt him to come out of the shadows and discuss or theorize or do anything frankly. I don't understand the change in him from the first part of the game to the second. I thought about voting Lea but I'm not quite ready to commit to her.

So Mr. R, where have you gone and would you please come back to the game?

votes Mr. R
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Wowzers. So much randomity (yes that's a word).
That makes me pouty because I was going to vote random and now it will look bad if I do. :pouts:

I think I will go ahead and consider my earlier half-baked theory (which no one seems to like or comment on :doublepout: ) and vote for someone who would desire balancing out their own strengths with a loudy louderson like DH.....

*ponders*
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

This thoroughly sucks right now. Because I am in between wanting to vote for either:

1) Leamiteo, for what I previously discussed, as well as this:
Leamiteo wrote:My mother is town for my last free weekends for many moons to come. I'm voting SVS because she is dead wrong about me.
...after SVS had said she wasn't looking at Lea for a vote today.

2)Llama, for:
thellama73 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
...because to me, those sound like the suppositions of somebody who is either Tyler or part of his inner circle. What makes you think Tyler is going to focus on recruiting "non-suspects" anyway?

But the sad thing is, I might not be able to vote for either of them, and have to hold onto my vote for self-preservation. Which is teh sux. :(
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also, another thought I've had a hard time getting out of my head is when unfurl fought DP 1.0 way back when and not only won, but killed him. What night was that again?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Imma vote for Elochin. She's been super absent, and possibly missed sending I her kill PM last night.

:shrug:

Basically random...but with the semblance of reason! :thumbsup:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:SVS, I could be totally off about bullz - like I was before - but I found his defenses to be genuine and at this point, I don't believe he's bad. Note that I started out with Bullz as my top suspect. With that said, I know he has fooled me in the past so I have to kinda of keep one eye open.

I do not have strong feelings about anyone this lynch. It just feels like an impossible task to me to find Tyler right now. There are some things I need to read through again I just dont have time before this lynch. Boogs already has votes calling him out for not being present in the game and I'm going to vote for Mr. Rearranger to prompt him to come out of the shadows and discuss or theorize or do anything frankly. I don't understand the change in him from the first part of the game to the second. I thought about voting Lea but I'm not quite ready to commit to her.

So Mr. R, where have you gone and would you please come back to the game?

votes Mr. R
Thanks JC

Something just came up, a boat ride, can't say no, it's a beautiful day. I have to vote now. I am going to vote Llama; I did not love his "Trust the Police" rhetoric, and then his wide eyed "Oh I never thought of that" reply just pinged me more.
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Thats one spread votting, and I need to make a decision
I was feeling sick yesterday and could not comeback online
I need to ponder few things and skim read and look up my notes before making a decision
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Boomslang »

Throwing my vote at Leamiteo to discourage revenge voting. Seems like an unnecessarily aggressive action.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

An hour or so left to vote and I'm currently missing votes from 14 people. Not to mention that, but there are players who haven't posted in a long time.

This is absolutely unacceptable and will be dealt with appropriately. :feb:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:An hour or so left to vote and I'm currently missing votes from 14 people. Not to mention that, but there are players who haven't posted in a long time.

This is absolutely unacceptable and will be dealt with appropriately. :feb:
As long as I get to cook one of the bodies for dinner, I'm okay with that. I've always wanted to try cannibalism... :feb:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright, I'm going to shower quickly and then vote. Still hoping I can go with either a Lea or Llama vote here.

Return to “Previous Jobs”