82%

Total votes: 22
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Alison »

Town: JJJ, MacDougall, Oddmerta, Sloonei, Strawhenge, falcon45ca, Esooa, Michelle

Light town: fingersplints, BoKnows, Nanook, tutuu, staypositivefriend

Null: Dom, Long Con

POE: Marmot, AL_sama, JPIC, KZA, TonyStarkPrime, tedxtr

Michelle shifted up for a really townie entrance. Nanook shifted down, still a townread, but the bar for being at the top tier is raised higher now and I have respect for his scum game. Marmot shifted down for reasons I've explained (I didn't like his interaction with KZA, and I thought he fit in the same position as he usually does as scum, gamestate-wise).

I have not had an easy time reading LC's posts strongly one way or another this game. He remains a null. tutuu is shifted up to light town for reasons discussed just above, and SPF is shifted up to light town for consistent good takes.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

If I had to sort my POE it would be like this.

Upper POE: JPIC, Marmot, tedxtr

Lower POE: AL_sama, KZA, TSP

Mac's argument that JPIC self resolves is logical and is a reason not to exe JPIC as early since he might townclear himself later on if he's town. Marmot and ted's posting have been pretty meh but I don't have a slam dunk reason to vote them.

Everyone in the lower POE has given me a strong reason to think that they are scum.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Nobody should have respect for my scum game its more often than not poor
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 399

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:14 am If I had to sort my POE it would be like this.

Mac's argument that JPIC self resolves is logical and is a reason not to exe JPIC as early since he might townclear himself later on if he's town. Marmot and ted's posting have been pretty meh but I don't have a slam dunk reason to vote them.

Everyone in the lower POE has given me a strong reason to think that they are scum.
My what sorry
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 am Nobody should have respect for my scum game its more often than not poor
Would it be insulting to say that’s why you’re not a strong town read? :p
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wait you wanna bury TSP too? That's tight.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 am Nobody should have respect for my scum game its more often than not poor
It would be more confusing than anything
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:53 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:46 am Calling my takes garbage is too much and uncalled for

Its just a game that u take way too seriously and u become abrasive as a result
What do you mean way too much? It isn't a personal attack, so it clearly doesn't step over conduct lines. I think your reads are bad, I make that opinion clear, and you respond by AtEing at me. If you wanna call that abrasive or think that I take mafia too seriously because I try my best to play well then go ahead, but there's a reason that people tend to follow my reads more than yours and it's because I make my reasoning for those reads transparent and logical. If you refuse to explain your most against-consensus reads then nobody will agree with you on them, and complaining about how you're being discriminated against just because you don't agree with the rest of the thread doesn't help town get there on mafia. So you're anti-town.
Im assuming it was here that everyone realised Alison and Tutuu were town
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 am
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:14 am If I had to sort my POE it would be like this.

My what sorry
Weren't you arguing that JPIC is super polarized and will be outed as the game goes on anyway? Or am I misremembering?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:18 am
If you’re mafia I think your play would meet the criteria you provided there.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 am
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:53 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:46 am Calling my takes garbage is too much and uncalled for

Its just a game that u take way too seriously and u become abrasive as a result
What do you mean way too much? It isn't a personal attack, so it clearly doesn't step over conduct lines. I think your reads are bad, I make that opinion clear, and you respond by AtEing at me. If you wanna call that abrasive or think that I take mafia too seriously because I try my best to play well then go ahead, but there's a reason that people tend to follow my reads more than yours and it's because I make my reasoning for those reads transparent and logical. If you refuse to explain your most against-consensus reads then nobody will agree with you on them, and complaining about how you're being discriminated against just because you don't agree with the rest of the thread doesn't help town get there on mafia. So you're anti-town.
Im assuming it was here that everyone realised Alison and Tutuu were town
Yeah I townread her for it. Not really because of the frustration/emotion but just because of the mindset behind her refusing to get in line with people telling her to be more readable.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 am Wait you wanna bury TSP too? That's tight.
In Fallout I said that he seemed scummy because he was machine gunning out hot takes to try to match his town meta. I didn't put much genuine effort into figuring out how correct that analysis was because I was Metzger, but he did end up flipping scum. I think he is playing up his "says confusing things" persona a little too much here, in a very similar way.

Also his vote on Michelle was a total wolf move. I am happy to vote him out.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:18 am
If you’re mafia I think your play would meet the criteria you provided there.
That its poor...? I don't think I'd be playing poorly if I were mafia in this position so I'm not sure I really follow your point beyond "heh I'm gonna take a jab at nanook lol"
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: AL_sama] aubergine

Nobody trusts this slot, and getting a wagon up has been pulling teeth.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 am That its poor...? I don't think I'd be playing poorly if I were mafia in this position so I'm not sure I really follow your point beyond "heh I'm gonna take a jab at nanook lol"
Not poor in general, but poor if you’re mafia. You don’t have to agree. Not a terribly important point anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:25 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 am That its poor...? I don't think I'd be playing poorly if I were mafia in this position so I'm not sure I really follow your point beyond "heh I'm gonna take a jab at nanook lol"
Not poor in general, but poor if you’re mafia. You don’t have to agree. Not a terribly important point anyway.
I mean

Hard to say but I think if I were mafia I'd be pretty happy with my position tbh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 am

My what sorry
Weren't you arguing that JPIC is super polarized and will be outed as the game goes on anyway? Or am I misremembering?
I was saying he was polarised and is likely just mafia. I didn't say the other parts.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:25 am
I mean

Hard to say but I think if I were mafia I'd be pretty happy with my position tbh
Can't speak for him but I'm not scumreading you because you're trying a fair bit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Al Sama] aubergine

There are too many slots that already need death.
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: Al Sama] aubergine
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 721
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Look, there is only one way this can go
Poll runs till Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 am
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

AL_sama
19%
Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, MacDougall, tutuu, Alison
Alison
5%
Voters: falcon45ca
BoKnows
5%
Voters: Justplayingitcool
Dom
No votes
Voters: None
Esooa
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
fingersplints
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Justplayingitcool
5%
Voters: Oddmerta
KZA
5%
Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Long Con
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
5%
Voters: staypositivefriend
Michelle
No votes
5%
Voters: KZA
Oddmerta
14%
Voters: BoKnows, tedxtr, Long Con
Sloonei
No votes
staypositivefriend
No votes
Strawhenge
No votes
tedxtr
5%
Voters: TonyStarkPrime
TonyStarkPrime
10%
Voters: fingersplints, Esooa
tutuu
10%
Voters: Sloonei, Marmot
Unvote
No votes
No Elimination
No votes
Is one of them the "hard way"? (Host/Dead/Non)
14%
Voters: nutella, Epignosis, novaselinenever
Total votes: 21

I don't have time to play at work

I looked earlier at the thread and i saw a post mentioning a tie between Marmot and Odd, now Marmot's wagon dissipated and Al is top wagon

I decided to keep this VC and I will do it again, i forgot we need some VCs.

I will cast a vote on Marmot, probably that wagon have to exist. No, i didn't read and I will appreciate if someone tells me a towny activity from Marmot explaining the votes movement.

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 am [VOTE: AL_sama] aubergine

I trust Al

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Michelle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:58 am

I trust Al
And the wagon grew too fast

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:13 am For much the same reasons I don't believe in things like TWTBW.
TWTBW?

Thanks
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

Also a “Joseph” has been mentioned several times. Who is that?
Gro-oo-ovy

fingersplints wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 am
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:13 am For much the same reasons I don't believe in things like TWTBW.
TWTBW?

Thanks
Too Wolfy To Be A Wolf

Basically means someone is being too obvious to actually be mafia, cause if they were mafia they wouldn't be as obvious

Its generally a dumb concept

Mac is Joseph
Alison

Post by Alison »

I trust Al
That argument is used to indicate that someone on the mafia team is wagoning Al to save their teammate (here proposed to be Marmot). Who on the Al wagon is mafia?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:31 am

I trust Al
That argument is used to indicate that someone on the mafia team is wagoning Al to save their teammate (here proposed to be Marmot). Who on the Al wagon is mafia?
Not necessarily, i saw townies sheeping each other to form a wagon, this is wifom, but if there are one wolf i don't have to guess without reading the thread.
I said I don't scum read Al and i think a wagon on him looks convenient. Al may be mafia and my read wrong, but when players like Jay and you can't find a better wagon than an LHF I feel that somethings not right.

BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

Marmot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:31 pm
KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:22 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm
KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 pm My only experience of marmot is that he is silly when mafia and pretty serious when town. My sample size is only three games so I acknowledge i need more data.
This is true based on the one game I saw him as Mafia
Which game was that?
Shadow Corridors

he was known as Thundercat, some sort of villainous alter ego of his I'm sure

Side note, since you bring this up. I wonder if @BoKnows ever realized he and I were teammates in that game.

Thundercat is a slappin bassist.
First time hearing about this
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:30 am
BoKnows wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:44 pm
BoKnows wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm Can you expand your thoughts on Odd, and Straw please?
My read on Oddmerta is a bit of a product of my other reads. A lot of my town reads have to be wrong about Oddmerta for him to be mafia, and I don't think he's that suspicious myself anyway. If one of my town reads that has vouched for Oddmerta ends up mafia, perhaps that'll be something to revisit later. For now I'm fine with him.

Strawhenge is probably the easiest read on the board for me. His posts radiate the purity of a player returning after five years away from Mafia with a town role card, uncertainty about how to get into business, and an admirable motor to do it anyway.
I'm a huge fan of the Odd reasoning tbh. It reminds me of synthetic CDOs. You're betting (reading) on other peoples reads and hoping it all falls in place. Is there anything in Odds content that makes you believe he's town?

I do agree with this. I also think if Straw randed wolf in his first game back in five years he would be playing a little more conservative and not sticking out his neck like he did earlier today.

What's a CDO?
Collateral debt obligation. It's a finance term but when you're buying synthetic CDOs you're basically betting on other people's bets/investments.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:18 am
BoKnows wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:29 pm @falcon45ca can I get your thoughts on the karst topography in Yunnan province of China?
In the future don't post weird shit like this unless you want people to think you're signalling or softing something.
Sowwy
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

I'm not a 100% sold on Al but I'll go over his ISO this morning, I do like the people on the wagon... @JaggedJimmyJay maybe I can trust you to my teammate on this one
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Skimmed through Al's ISO and was not impressed. Towards the end he made a giant read list and falcon said something like "it looks like you don't want to lynch anybody", and Al responded by saying he's not confident in his read list. If you're not confident enough in your reads why even bother making a readlist??? It seems like he made a readlist to just make a readlist.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 330

Post by tutuu »

BoKnows wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:38 am Skimmed through Al's ISO and was not impressed. Towards the end he made a giant read list and falcon said something like "it looks like you don't want to lynch anybody", and Al responded by saying he's not confident in his read list. If you're not confident enough in your reads why even bother making a readlist??? It seems like he made a readlist to just make a readlist.
i think this is w/w
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im back to scumreading jpic too
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah I can see that.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 am
BoKnows wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:38 am Skimmed through Al's ISO and was not impressed. Towards the end he made a giant read list and falcon said something like "it looks like you don't want to lynch anybody", and Al responded by saying he's not confident in his read list. If you're not confident enough in your reads why even bother making a readlist??? It seems like he made a readlist to just make a readlist.
i think this is w/w
With who? Al and I?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The changing tides. The wolf teammate wants to swim with them. Could be.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i wanna call michelle town unless al is town
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 am i wanna call michelle town unless al is town
Why
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Michelle is town either way imo
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 am i wanna call michelle town unless al is town
Why
If al is mafia i dont see michelle weakly defending a teammate like that and accomplishing nothing

If al is town michelle could be maf who thought it would be good to townread him
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:51 am
Why
If al is mafia i dont see michelle weakly defending a teammate like that and accomplishing nothing

If al is town michelle could be maf who thought it would be good to townread him
That doesn't fit your Michelle is town narrative though
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 am Michelle is town either way imo
Why?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

BoKnows wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:52 am
Why

how not?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

BoKnows wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 am Michelle is town either way imo
Why?
She's quite easy to read. She posts with a joyful spirit and reckless acquiescence as town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why

Yeah but Michelle is townie on play.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 am
BoKnows wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:52 am
Why

how not?
Wait I read it wrong... brutal.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@Justplayingitcool who mafia
Alison

Post by Alison »

The paranoia about fast wagons, the concerted attempt to solve/catchup despite starting late into the thread, really pure sounding posts like the black coffee one, a disinterest in easy misexes and a true desire to search for truth, all point to town.

Return to “Previous Jobs”