FalconKnows
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Modern Family Hydra Mafia [Day 1]

Post by FalconKnows »

trans rights wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:41 pm ya girl is here

also her wifi is out so she’s stuck on mobile

if that was not true she would probably currently be voting bottom text for their progression on our slot

also i forgot the condition we agreed for signing so im just claiming my favorite three fairy types at random

~mawile
There's different types of fairies?

Learn something new everyday
Bottom Text
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 711
Preferred Pronouns: any + she/her
Aka: katze/Esooa

Post by Bottom Text »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 pm
Toopy and Binoo wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm
Bottom Text wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:53 pm A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GOAT play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming. We are a third party survivor doctor. We additionally have three bulletproof vests we can use at any time, during the day. Finally, we have two vigilante shots.

I was informed that this would be a very welcoming thread, and that @Akemi Hazelnut in particular would be supportive of my claim. I hope we can have a fun game together!
Ngl, I have mixed feelings on this post. It's RVS and obviously jokey, but it also gives scum!BT something to point back to as crumbing survivor for a fakeclaim if they get in trouble later. Not really AI in of itself, but something to keep an eye on.
This is like when Transcend tried to scumread Katze for voting sleep. It has the exact same beats actually. "This is a joke but there could be an element of truth in it", throwing shade without committing to the read, and scumreading an obvious joke for convoluted reasons that townies would never think of.
i thought gavial was firmly in their townzone tbh (but also have literally zero issues killing them D1 anyway)

if they're a wolf then holy shit katze is a great player and should never change and i wish i were as good as them
Bottom Text wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:27 pm mech got haru killed
FalconKnows
Hydra Account

Post by FalconKnows »

FalconKnows wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:44 pm
Is that us?
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 594
Aka: Alison + nutella

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 pm I don't know if you are Alison or Nutella...please either deathtunnel with no reason whatever or quote a random post and conf bias about how wolfy it is.
I am doing neither. Nanook makes first post reads and treats them at least semi seriously and you know this. You responded to his accusation in the worst possible way, which is to smile and laugh and try to deflect it while quietly slipping in the implication that early reads are not to be trusted.
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 541
Preferred Pronouns: They
Aka: c4e5g3d5 + MacDougall

Post by Poop Explosions »

Alison actually being towny

Something's not right here
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 433
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Poop Explosions wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:04 pm Alison actually being towny

That slot should probably only be read on nutella
FalconKnows
Hydra Account

Post by FalconKnows »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 pm
trans rights wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:18 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:18 pm
trans rights wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:15 pm fun fact - i have only signed as 2 of my 3 favorite fairy types yet

whoever can guess the third and why i haven’t is entitled to

something. not really sure how to articulate what, but it’s indicative of a fairly thorough understanding of how i work that indicates that they actually do know how to read me

~ninetales
Why the focus on particular people that "know how to read you"?
i’m bored and like making people guess things about myself so i can talk about myself more

~mawile
My concern is that you are fishing for a "god read" from someone who knows you well that you will then try to ride past the rest of us when we try to read you off...I dunno, wolfy behavior?
Seems an awful deep read for this stage of the game
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 pm

If you're a coward
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

FalconKnows wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 pm
trans rights wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:15 pm fun fact - i have only signed as 2 of my 3 favorite fairy types yet

something. not really sure how to articulate what, but it’s indicative of a fairly thorough understanding of how i work that indicates that they actually do know how to read me

~ninetales
i’m bored and like making people guess things about myself so i can talk about myself more

~mawile
My concern is that you are fishing for a "god read" from someone who knows you well that you will then try to ride past the rest of us when we try to read you off...I dunno, wolfy behavior?
This is the only stage of the game worth making reads off of
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: wolf/wolves/wolfy
Aka: TimsUp2Nothin & Hollowkatt

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:02 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 pm My concern is that you are fishing for a "god read" from someone who knows you well that you will then try to ride past the rest of us when we try to read you off...I dunno, wolfy behavior?
If someone has a god read on her and she's wolf then wouldn't this have a very obvious chance of backfiring
No because godreads are utter bullshit...getting someone to claim a godread and say they read you town is cool for wolves...if they claim a godead and say you are a wolf you just say godreads are bullshit and they don't know what they are talking about...and Mist was already setting up to either stamp a godreader with being real or not based on their test...or more likely based on which way they read.
Timsup2gettinserious
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 281
Aka: Hyena / Syn

Post by Timsup2gettinserious »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 pm My concern is that you are fishing for a "god read" from someone who knows you well that you will then try to ride past the rest of us when we try to read you off...I dunno, wolfy behavior?
If someone has a god read on her and she's wolf then wouldn't this have a very obvious chance of backfiring
... Are you scum with Mist? XD Was your restart of your scumread on me a reaction to me correctly telling Mist which fairy pokemon she hadn't signed as yet?
Timsup2gettinserious
Hydra Account

Mist, if I told you that I knew the answer to second part of your question but just didn't feel like saying it, would you believe me? And what would you think/say if I told you that Van and you HAVE been playing wolfy?
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Poop Explosions wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:58 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:56 pm
Poop Explosions wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 pm Nice fake meld
I don't know if this is sourness over Double Elimination Mafia or what but you should know that my slot self resolves ten times over by the end of this day phase so I don't see what's the point of poking me like this.
Lol wrong head, I thought you would be used to me poking at you like this by now.

Your read is my read. Verbatim.
My bad then.

Go ask Mac how to treat this slot in chat, I'm sure he'll tell you the same thing as me. Let nut self resolve, let Alison do her thing unimpeded, turbo into the ground if the two of us combined don't produce a satisfactory number of pelts.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:08 pm
... Are you scum with Mist? XD Was your restart of your scumread on me a reaction to me correctly telling Mist which fairy pokemon she hadn't signed as yet?
No. My scumread on you was a reaction to you being scummy.
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:04 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 pm I don't know if you are Alison or Nutella...please either deathtunnel with no reason whatever or quote a random post and conf bias about how wolfy it is.
I am doing neither. Nanook makes first post reads and treats them at least semi seriously and you know this. You responded to his accusation in the worst possible way, which is to smile and laugh and try to deflect it while quietly slipping in the implication that early reads are not to be trusted.
LOLOLOLOL...Nanook does make EARLY post reads, but he doesn't make FIRST post reads on me since I make the same first post in every game regardless of alignment and he knows it from wolfing with me.
trans rights
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 765
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: mistyx + vanity

Post by trans rights »

Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm Mist, if I told you that I knew the answer to second part of your question but just didn't feel like saying it, would you believe me? And what would you think/say if I told you that Van and you HAVE been playing wolfy?
i'd believe the latter

not the former

~mawile
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:11 pm
LOLOLOLOL...Nanook does make EARLY post reads, but he doesn't make FIRST post reads on me since I make the same first post in every game regardless of alignment and he knows it from wolfing with me.
So what do you call "Tim is scum and I'm not kidding"?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Poop Explosions wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 pm
Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 pm

If you're a coward
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 pm
Poop Explosions wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:58 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:56 pm
Poop Explosions wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 pm Nice fake meld
I don't know if this is sourness over Double Elimination Mafia or what but you should know that my slot self resolves ten times over by the end of this day phase so I don't see what's the point of poking me like this.
Lol wrong head, I thought you would be used to me poking at you like this by now.

Your read is my read. Verbatim.
My bad then.

Go ask Mac how to treat this slot in chat, I'm sure he'll tell you the same thing as me. Let nut self resolve, let Alison do her thing unimpeded, turbo into the ground if the two of us combined don't produce a satisfactory number of pelts.
Nah, those kinds of reads are bullshit. Good townies can underperform, any wolf can bus. I've got wolves to find too. I'll just read you normally.
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 pm
So what do you call "Tim is scum and I'm not kidding"?
An obvious joke, and I'm not kidding.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I make first post reads on everyone
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I assure you my scumread on tim is real and not a joke
Timsup2gettinserious
Hydra Account

That was your initial reason, yeah, but then you went and posted a bunch of other stuff, only to come back and out of nowhere make a stronger push on me. Why didn't you come in with that sort of strength when you initially scumread me? :P
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Poop Explosions is probably town for the "you're a coward" line because I think a wolf would just nod and accept nook's instructions on how to read my slot and N1 us. Wanting to solve the less readable half of the hydra is indicative of town genuinely interested in getting it right.
Bottom Text
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 711
Preferred Pronouns: any + she/her
Aka: katze/Esooa

Post by Bottom Text »

Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 pm
how do you do that when only one person can get the first post (and it was me, because im cool)
Bottom Text wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:27 pm mech got haru killed
Timsup2gettinserious
Hydra Account

trans rights wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 pm
Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm Mist, if I told you that I knew the answer to second part of your question but just didn't feel like saying it, would you believe me? And what would you think/say if I told you that Van and you HAVE been playing wolfy?
i'd believe the latter

not the former

~mawile
Okay, do you believe the latter? How do you think I'm reading you at the moment?
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:15 pm
That was your initial reason, yeah, but then you went and posted a bunch of other stuff, only to come back and out of nowhere make a stronger push on me. Why didn't you come in with that sort of strength when you initially scumread me? :P
That was not me, that was nutella.

The push on you for an awkward scumread on trans rights is the first post I have made this game.
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 pm I assure you my scumread on tim is real and not a joke
It's the same one word post I make every game. Maybe it isn't a joke, but it is flat rand. Of course that can be said of almost all first post reads, so sure.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Bottom Text wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:16 pm
Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 pm
how do you do that when only one person can get the first post (and it was me, because im cool)
My magic knows no bounds
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:17 pm
Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 pm I assure you my scumread on tim is real and not a joke
It's the same one word post I make every game. Maybe it isn't a joke, but it is flat rand. Of course that can be said of almost all first post reads, so sure.
Last time I did first post reads was congress of Vienna and I was a respectable amount above rand
Timsup2gettinserious
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:16 pm
Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:15 pm
That was not me, that was nutella.

The push on you for an awkward scumread on trans rights is the first post I have made this game.
Ohhh, okay. Did you tell Nutella to say that, or did Nutella make that post on her own?
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Town: FalconKnows, julinook, Poop Explosions

Scum: Timsup2gettinserious, TwoAndThrough, Toopy and Binoo
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:18 pm Ohhh, okay. Did you tell Nutella to say that, or did Nutella make that post on her own?
She made it on her own.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:18 pm Town: FalconKnows, julinook, Poop Explosions

the Ts are not T(ownie)s
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:17 pm
Last time I did first post reads was congress of Vienna and I was a respectable amount above rand
How did you read my first post there?

I'll jog your memory...the post was "first."
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:18 pm Town: FalconKnows, julinook, Poop Explosions

Why Julinook?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 pm

And you were mafia there too, whats your point
Timsup2gettinserious
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:19 pm
Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:18 pm Ohhh, okay. Did you tell Nutella to say that, or did Nutella make that post on her own?
She made it on her own.
Alright, alright. I believe you, but I don't understand why Nutella just didn't tell me earlier when I had asked if that post came from her or you. :disappoint: Then again, if she actually was suspecting me and didn't read what I was doing as baiting Van/Mist + others, then I'm still kinda confused. @_@
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Regardless of whether your first post is AI or not you've been scummy outside of that so I'm not really interested in getting into the weeds on this
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

For the record, despite my snark and me being an obvious exception, I do actually have higher regard than usual for Nanooks first post reads.
FalconKnows
Hydra Account

Post by FalconKnows »

Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:07 pm
FalconKnows wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 pm

~ninetales

~mawile
This is the only stage of the game worth making reads off of
Sure, some reads...but that one doesn't strike me as such, it seems manufactured
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Tim I don't really care how good Nanook is at reading your first posts. My beef with you is that you tried to deflect his read with flippancy and a fake-positive tone.
Why would you not be kidding? Early day one you are supposed to be kidding!
Not only does this not make sense as a response to what you see as an obvious joke, the upbeat tone ("you are supposed to be kidding!") does not really match what I have come to expect of your town game, which would be an eye roll followed by a snipe at the accuracy of first post reads.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

All reads are manufactured
trans rights
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 765
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: mistyx + vanity

Post by trans rights »

Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:16 pm
trans rights wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 pm
i'd believe the latter

not the former

~mawile
Okay, do you believe the latter? How do you think I'm reading you at the moment?
i think you're still trying to develop your read on us, and don't have a confident one yet.

you're looking for some sort of tell either way in this interaction, and i think your approach has been bluffing to try to get us to tell

~ninetales
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 pm Tim I don't really care how good Nanook is at reading your first posts. My beef with you is that you tried to deflect his read with flippancy and a fake-positive tone.
Not only does this not make sense as a response to what you see as an obvious joke, the upbeat tone ("you are supposed to be kidding!") does not really match what I have come to expect of your town game, which would be an eye roll followed by a snipe at the accuracy of first post reads.
Get em, get em!
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Julinook wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 pm

And you were mafia there too, whats your point
lololol...

Okay, valid.

On the other hand it was also my first post in the game you just hosted, where I was town. Once in a great random while I post something else, but almost always, regardless of rand, and regardless of how late I show up, my first post is "first" because it makes me laugh...because I am never actually first.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Poop Explosions wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 pm

Why Julinook?
I think if nook is scum in this setup he is likely to make 0 serious reads for the first fifty pages. He can easily get away with coasting hard given his town meta, especially in a meme/fun game like this, and I know he loves abusing that as mafia. Being willing to break from it in order to drop a serious read on something he noticed/got pinged by is townie.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

I would like a readslist from trans rights.
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:27 pm
Poop Explosions wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 pm

Why Julinook?
I think if nook is scum in this setup he is likely to make 0 serious reads for the first fifty pages. He can easily get away with coasting hard given his town meta, especially in a meme/fun game like this, and I know he loves abusing that as mafia. Being willing to break from it in order to drop a serious read on something he noticed/got pinged by is townie.
What about in a game where his partner asked him to take the game seriously like he said she did?
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 pm Tim I don't really care how good Nanook is at reading your first posts. My beef with you is that you tried to deflect his read with flippancy and a fake-positive tone.
It's Nanook. He's immune to eyerolls.

Return to “Previous Rackets”