Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:21 pm
outed wolf wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:19 pm
Hally wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:18 pm might be a sucker but i kinda doubt w!amy dumps on zack first thing

i don’t think w!her sees zack as a viable push early on
dont wanna marsh your mellow but its an insignificant push early on in the game, i dont think anything of it. i doubt w or v amy expect to go anywhere with it (and zacks perfectly pushable cmon. just look at that face)
Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. "I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it."

Why, outed wolf? So you can fly away from your feelings?
I'm going to have a really hard time ever voting for someone quoting Arrested Development.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dyachei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:25 pmsup
Omg is this finally our first game together? Speaking of which, pretty sure this is my first game with a decent lot of you, so this should be interesting. Does anyone other than bronana or outed wolf normally go by another username?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I hate to be this person, but I feel like I need to ask for a TL;DR summary of what happened in Rocks Fall and/or any other games that are often spoken about that I wasn't in, lol.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:59 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:56 pm so you don't even know why you voted me? cool

visor hasn't given a reason either

worst vibes are from him tbh
what? is this directed at me? I gave a perfectly cromulent explanation when I voted. Also it's an two hours into a 48 hour d1 so lol.

is it normal for nutella to be this ... passive-aggressive?
She does seem more perturbed than usual, not sure what to make of that (from an alignment perspective), otherwise I think it's understandable.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

spf, the short answer is nutella’s response to pressure has a fierceness and edge to it that she doesn’t have when she wolfs

ask me again in 12-24 hours if you still think nut is wolfing and i’ll go into more detail if i still v read her

there’s more to it than what i said but i don’t want to defend her too much right now because i’m not 100% sure and regardless of whether i’m correct i know people find meta reads like that unfun to play with

i’d rather let the game develop naturally
bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:54 pm i mindmeld with you spf for whatever it's worth :bored:
fwiw i think spf’s interpretation of nut’s posts and everyone’s concerns w/her are perfectly valid and i was actually considering voting nutella earlier

but now i think she’s probably a villager
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, that was a weird catchup. I appreciate that stances are being made, but I'm a bit uneasy with the current vibes, I sort of think taking a step back from the main topic of discussion is probably warranted. Not that I'm trying to tell anyone what do! Just let's have some fun, right? This is a racket game, it should be fun!

I'm curious why Amy parked a vote on Alison, was it because Alison doesn't have any stances?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Does someone want to talk to me about how to find spf as town (or scum, for that matter)? I saw her play in some of Jay's games I spectated but beyond that I'm at a loss for what she's said so far, it was... thorough. But I don't think I'd call spf a town read or anything.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:43 pm the reasoning here is that if it's wolfy for you to put multiple thoughts into one post, it's also wolfy for dyachei to make multiple posts with zero thoughts, yes? you are drawing a contrast between dyachei and yourself, and saying that people should be looking at dyachei instead of you if they're looking for wolfy behavior, right?

if that's not what you mean to say, then i do apologize for misconstruing your words, but i don't really see any other way to interpret that post. you are not saying that you personally find dyachei wolfy, but you are attempting to draw attention to behavior from dyachei that looks wolfy, yes?
no lmfao holy shit you are STILL misrepresenting something i have explained twice and it's incredibly frustrating

i DONT understand where youre seeing implication of dya being wolfy, anywhere, unless it's literally just the "however" to compare to me

but the comparison was to draw attention to the fact that theres a REASON my post was like that, and that it was frustrating to watch someone else appear flippant about their post count when i am so conscious of mine and ending up getting wolfread for my approach to managing it

yes I was tempted to actually wolfread dya for their first few posts, sure. I ultimately didn't end up finding them wolfy. but yes I was frustrated in that moment that simultaneously the postcap was being ignored as something that can affect how people post.

you really, really are not making any attempt to understand my perspective here and it's really frustrating and i hope you're just a wolf for it because then you have motive to push me. if you're town fucking slow down and listen
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh my god now tangy is going to stress me out too we both have to learn to use multiquote aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:29 pm nutella is a villager
yep
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

whether hally's read is genuine or they really have tmi on me, their assessment is correct -- i don't blow up like this as a wolf because then i know points against me are (usually) valid and i instead kind of play softball with them. i'm frustrated here because i'm being misunderstood and would like to clear things up. I like to think I can find a wolf in someone taking advantage of ~uncharitable~ intepretations of my posts but I'm not sure yet I may have just gotten off on the wrong foot here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think nutella is town and the wolves are trying to shove through a cheap misexe on someone who is normally difficult to misexe.

This points towards mafia on her wagon, which is to say sunbae/bronana/outed wolf. Probably bronana for overexplaining his vote and trying to pocket the other two by saying they're the pillars of the town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: bronana] aubergine
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:38 pm oh my god now tangy is going to stress me out too we both have to learn to use multiquote aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Yeah, I feel shackled already, lol... I'll try to find something. It's so weird.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I need to start combining my posts, but I currently would call nutella town, for whatever that's worth.
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

Alison wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:47 pm I think nutella is town and the wolves are trying to shove through a cheap misexe on someone who is normally difficult to misexe.

This points towards mafia on her wagon, which is to say sunbae/bronana/outed wolf. Probably bronana for overexplaining his vote and trying to pocket the other two by saying they're the pillars of the town.
I never said outed wolf is towny fwiw, he isnt anything rn. (and the inclusion of sunbae and spf wasn't particularly serious, they just made posts i agree with; amy is towny tho)

i find nutella's posts and blow up here baffling but if there are good meta reasons to townread her for it then shrug, probably not worth getting into.
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

Alison wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:47 pm I think nutella is town and the wolves are trying to shove through a cheap misexe on someone who is normally difficult to misexe.

You think this a couple hours into D1?
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531

Post by staypositivefriend »

nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:36 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:43 pm the reasoning here is that if it's wolfy for you to put multiple thoughts into one post, it's also wolfy for dyachei to make multiple posts with zero thoughts, yes? you are drawing a contrast between dyachei and yourself, and saying that people should be looking at dyachei instead of you if they're looking for wolfy behavior, right?

if that's not what you mean to say, then i do apologize for misconstruing your words, but i don't really see any other way to interpret that post. you are not saying that you personally find dyachei wolfy, but you are attempting to draw attention to behavior from dyachei that looks wolfy, yes?
no lmfao holy shit you are STILL misrepresenting something i have explained twice and it's incredibly frustrating

i DONT understand where youre seeing implication of dya being wolfy, anywhere, unless it's literally just the "however" to compare to me

but the comparison was to draw attention to the fact that theres a REASON my post was like that, and that it was frustrating to watch someone else appear flippant about their post count when i am so conscious of mine and ending up getting wolfread for my approach to managing it

yes I was tempted to actually wolfread dya for their first few posts, sure. I ultimately didn't end up finding them wolfy. but yes I was frustrated in that moment that simultaneously the postcap was being ignored as something that can affect how people post.

you really, really are not making any attempt to understand my perspective here and it's really frustrating and i hope you're just a wolf for it because then you have motive to push me. if you're town fucking slow down and listen
i don't appreciate that my attempts to calmly explain my perspective to you in detail so that we can get on more common ground is for you to become more aggressive and accuse me of intentionally not trying to understand your perspective. i am going to drop the conversation here because this is clearly not going to be helpful
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

[VOTE: arete] aubergine

sponge me mu elite bro squad
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291

Post by Amy »

you think the wolves are trying to shove through a cheap misdunk... 3 hours into a 48 hour d1?

i would be extremely hesitant to ascribe any sort of "wolves want to seriously misdunk this player" read this early in the game

i'd also point out that the 3 names you mentioned are all very good friends and that the "pillars of the town" comment was almost certainly flippant

===

nutella: i see what you're saying with your posts. i also see how spf arrived at the interpretation she arrived at, because that was my interpretation the first time i read it. regardless of alignments involved i believe spf's point is more likely than not a legitimate miscommunication rather than any sort of attempt at misrepresentation

really i think we all just need to take a step back on this particular point, tbh

===

tangy: prefer not to answer re: alison vote

maybe later
hope you're having a good day
Alison

Post by Alison »

bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:51 pm

I never said outed wolf is towny fwiw, he isnt anything rn. (and the inclusion of sunbae and spf wasn't particularly serious, they just made posts i agree with; amy is towny tho)

i find nutella's posts and blow up here baffling but if there are good meta reasons to townread her for it then shrug, probably not worth getting into.
Talk to me about the feelings you have towards Hally.
Alison

Post by Alison »

outed wolf wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:53 pm

You think this a couple hours into D1?
Yeah
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm probably gonna sleep soon since I'm exhausted. I'll check back in the morning. Good night.
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Alison wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:54 pm
bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:51 pm

Talk to me about the feelings you have towards Hally.
their posts are indeed posts
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

seth has until i wake up tomorrow to start playing the game before i park a fat vote on him
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ok

sorry

i have a lot going on and shouldn't be playing mafia rn

i'm stepping back from engaging with spf and can see her being well intentioned here

i also think zack has been genuine for the most part

i don't see that for sunbae or visor, neither of them has done anything villagery

amy is my top townread
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i think that amy and c4 are both most likely town. i have some vague good feelings about tangrowth as well. the rest of my reads are either ones that are in a state of flux or ones that i'd prefer to keep close to my chest. ask me for my thoughts on anyone here so far and i'll prolly answer

also, this is a wolf: [VOTE: gavial] aubergine
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:06 pm i think that amy and c4 are both most likely town. i have some vague good feelings about tangrowth as well. the rest of my reads are either ones that are in a state of flux or ones that i'd prefer to keep close to my chest. ask me for my thoughts on anyone here so far and i'll prolly answer

also, this is a wolf: [VOTE: gavial] aubergine
it probably is but i at least wanna go through the motions first, yknow?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i think amy and nutella are villagers

zack, c4 and spf generally seem alright

dunno about anyone else really

[VOTE: gavial] aubergine

sbpc
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I could just be scared of Amy pulling the wool over my eyes like in the voxx 9er, hehe, but I'm not feeling it yet. Can someone talk to me about why she's town?
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:53 pm [VOTE: arete] aubergine

sponge me mu elite bro squad
hi
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

SPF saying "this is a wolf" at this stage feels pretty good and similar to how she did it in Fargo as town

Personally I have 0 confidence in reading Gavial tho
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

reading Tangrowth's catch-up posts I think they're >rand wolf

looking first at the catchup posts themself (please bear with my poor post formatting)
Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:00 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:35 pm I just got a raise ama
Yay!! :yay:

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:04 pm
Hally wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:18 pm might be a sucker but i kinda doubt w!amy dumps on zack first thing

dont wanna marsh your mellow but its an insignificant push early on in the game, i dont think anything of it. i doubt w or v amy expect to go anywhere with it (and zacks perfectly pushable cmon. just look at that face)
Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. "I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it."

I'm going to have a really hard time ever voting for someone quoting Arrested Development.

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:05 pm
Omg is this finally our first game together? Speaking of which, pretty sure this is my first game with a decent lot of you, so this should be interesting. Does anyone other than bronana or outed wolf normally go by another username?

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:07 pm I hate to be this person, but I feel like I need to ask for a TL;DR summary of what happened in Rocks Fall and/or any other games that are often spoken about that I wasn't in, lol.

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:11 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:56 pm so you don't even know why you voted me? cool

what? is this directed at me? I gave a perfectly cromulent explanation when I voted. Also it's an two hours into a 48 hour d1 so lol.

She does seem more perturbed than usual, not sure what to make of that (from an alignment perspective), otherwise I think it's understandable.

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:16 pm Well, that was a weird catchup. I appreciate that stances are being made, but I'm a bit uneasy with the current vibes, I sort of think taking a step back from the main topic of discussion is probably warranted. Not that I'm trying to tell anyone what do! Just let's have some fun, right? This is a racket game, it should be fun!

I'm curious why Amy parked a vote on Alison, was it because Alison doesn't have any stances?
The bulk of their "catch-up" consists of either not-super-game-relevant comments (congratulating Nutella on the raise, talking about Arrested Development, etc.), or asking not-alignment-relevant-questions (e.g. asking if anyone goes by any other names). While those aren't wolfy in a vacuum (the plays-Mafia-primarily-socially archetype could totally want to congratulate their friend on a raise regardless of alignment, and anyone might be curious whether other people have an additional name) their catchup posts have almost nothing that actually displays a solving thought process -- the closest is asking why Amy parked a vote on Alison, and the take of Nutella. I think I'm explaining it really badly but basically it doesn't feel like the sort of catchup post that would be produced by someone catching up and thinking about what alignment people are as opposed to thinking about how to look vaguely productive.

her posts post catchup are a little better:
Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:18 pm Does someone want to talk to me about how to find spf as town (or scum, for that matter)? I saw her play in some of Jay's games I spectated but beyond that I'm at a loss for what she's said so far, it was... thorough. But I don't think I'd call spf a town read or anything.

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:51 pm I need to start combining my posts, but I currently would call nutella town, for whatever that's worth.

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:11 pm I could just be scared of Amy pulling the wool over my eyes like in the voxx 9er, hehe, but I'm not feeling it yet. Can someone talk to me about why she's town?

in the sense that she actually has opinions at all, but overall her questions also seem pretty fillery. Some amount of fillery questions is normal as any alignment but this feels like a really unusually high density of filler questions, which usually indicates scum trying to look solvey.

[VOTE: Tangrowth] aubergine
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

also just for the record I moved my vote off Hally but I still think their opener sucked a lot
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

okay

i don't think her tangy case is a real read

it's the kind of fake push a wolf would make imo
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

their* sorry sorry
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Arete wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:47 pm reading Tangrowth's catch-up posts I think they're >rand wolf

looking first at the catchup posts themself (please bear with my poor post formatting)
Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:00 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:35 pm I just got a raise ama
Yay!! :yay:

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:04 pm

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:05 pm

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:07 pm I hate to be this person, but I feel like I need to ask for a TL;DR summary of what happened in Rocks Fall and/or any other games that are often spoken about that I wasn't in, lol.

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:11 pm

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:16 pm Well, that was a weird catchup. I appreciate that stances are being made, but I'm a bit uneasy with the current vibes, I sort of think taking a step back from the main topic of discussion is probably warranted. Not that I'm trying to tell anyone what do! Just let's have some fun, right? This is a racket game, it should be fun!

The bulk of their "catch-up" consists of either not-super-game-relevant comments (congratulating Nutella on the raise, talking about Arrested Development, etc.), or asking not-alignment-relevant-questions (e.g. asking if anyone goes by any other names). While those aren't wolfy in a vacuum (the plays-Mafia-primarily-socially archetype could totally want to congratulate their friend on a raise regardless of alignment, and anyone might be curious whether other people have an additional name) their catchup posts have almost nothing that actually displays a solving thought process -- the closest is asking why Amy parked a vote on Alison, and the take of Nutella. I think I'm explaining it really badly but basically it doesn't feel like the sort of catchup post that would be produced by someone catching up and thinking about what alignment people are as opposed to thinking about how to look vaguely productive.

her posts post catchup are a little better:
Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:18 pm Does someone want to talk to me about how to find spf as town (or scum, for that matter)? I saw her play in some of Jay's games I spectated but beyond that I'm at a loss for what she's said so far, it was... thorough. But I don't think I'd call spf a town read or anything.

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:51 pm I need to start combining my posts, but I currently would call nutella town, for whatever that's worth.

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:11 pm I could just be scared of Amy pulling the wool over my eyes like in the voxx 9er, hehe, but I'm not feeling it yet. Can someone talk to me about why she's town?

in the sense that she actually has opinions at all, but overall her questions also seem pretty fillery. Some amount of fillery questions is normal as any alignment but this feels like a really unusually high density of filler questions, which usually indicates scum trying to look solvey.

[VOTE: Tangrowth] aubergine

I'm asking questions because I genuinely want to know the answers, because I currently don't have any real reads other than sort of feeling nutella as town. I don't know most of you that well, and those I do outside of nutella I've only played with in limited experiences. I'm sorry you think my questions are filler.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

like they call out tangy for making lots of off topic commentary/not really getting into game content

which, while that can be a valid thing to wolfread people on, is very much the kind of thing i would latch onto as a wolf to make a villager look bad

and in general i dont think arete has shown town mindset in their engagement with the game so far, and is instead forcing content

where is @Vulgard to tell me if im right
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:49 pm okay

i don't think her tangy case is a real read

it's the kind of fake push a wolf would make imo
do you have thoughts on the actual content of the case rather than just 'oh I don't believe you ~really believe~ it' which is kind of pointless for me to argue with
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:52 pm I'm sorry you think my questions are filler.
why are you apologizing to me

(this is a serious question, to be clear)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Arete wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:54 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:52 pm I'm sorry you think my questions are filler.

Calling someone's questions filler implies that you think they're meaningless, and I don't like the idea of failing to contribute to a game, it's a disservice to the other players.
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:56 pm

Calling someone's questions filler implies that you think they're meaningless, and I don't like the idea of failing to contribute to a game, it's a disservice to the other players.
mrr

your post sort of felt like you were approaching it from the perspective of knowing that I'm a villager (as opposed a wolf trying to get you misexe'd) with the apology in particular feeling like you were trying to appease me

but your perspective basically makes sense from the perspective of you believing that (regardless of your alignment) I think you're being filler-y?

do you believe my push on you to be alignment-indicative?

(also to be clear I wasn't trying to imply that you shouldn't ask those questions if you are town and asking them helps you solve the game)
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i don’t really understand this read. why are you assuming that nutella is getting pushed by wolves as opposed to villagers who are wrong and/or don’t know her well? what specifically about the pushes is wolfy? i feel like i can see where zack and spf are coming from even though i disagree
Arete wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:48 pm also just for the record I moved my vote off Hally but I still think their opener sucked a lot
why?

—————

i had similar thoughts to arete as i was reading tangy’s catchup but decided to withhold judgment and observe her more. not sure where i’m at on her atm. @staypositivefriend why did you like tangy’s posts?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Arete wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:05 am

mrr

your post sort of felt like you were approaching it from the perspective of knowing that I'm a villager (as opposed a wolf trying to get you misexe'd) with the apology in particular feeling like you were trying to appease me

but your perspective basically makes sense from the perspective of you believing that (regardless of your alignment) I think you're being filler-y?

(also to be clear I wasn't trying to imply that you shouldn't ask those questions if you are town and asking them helps you solve the game)
It does help me, but I understand why someone who doesn't know me that well may easily perceive them as not. I've gotten this sort of thing frequently enough before, especially from sites outside of here.

I'm not trying to appease you, just... I get where you're coming from, even if I know it's indicative of not feeling confident and trying to find my grounding with people as opposed to my alignment. I'm not really sure what the push means as to your alignment yet. And I appreciate the clarification! I wasn't particularly worried that you didn't want me to engage in it, but it's cool that you said that. It's good to remember everyone can bring a unique perspective and/or approach, and hopefully we can find a way to better find each other going forward if you are town.
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:09 am
Arete wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:48 pm also just for the record I moved my vote off Hally but I still think their opener sucked a lot
why?
I guess technically it wasn't literally your opener but I disliked your early response to Nutella calling you a wolf
Hally wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:43 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:39 pm I'm apparently very good at analyzing data patterns, strong intuition and providing actionable insights

So anyway hally is a wolf
it’s all true

Hally wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:47 pm [VOTE: hally] aubergine

in my experience wolves are more likely than villagers to respond to pressure by being like 'yes you caught me I'm a wolf' because they don't know how to effectively respond to it and resort to joking about it to try to play it off, whereas villagers are less likely to respond by wolfclaiming because ... why would you

it's a bit of a level one read but it's >rand to be accurate
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i don’t really understand this read. why are you assuming that nutella is getting pushed by wolves as opposed to villagers who are wrong and/or don’t know her well? what specifically about the pushes is wolfy? i feel like i can see where zack and spf are coming from even though i disagree
why?

—————

i had similar thoughts to arete as i was reading tangy’s catchup but decided to withhold judgment and observe her more. not sure where i’m at on her atm. @staypositivefriend why did you like tangy’s posts?
tangygrowth burst into a relatively tense thread and immediately became a beacon of positive energy. her primary concern wasn't to ~blend in~ or spew out a bunch of takes, but rather, to change the atmosphere of the thread and to make sure that everyone was still having fun. even as she was doing that, she zero'd in on nutella for a little while and made a point of outing a read on her (which i found villagery, or at least indicative of tangy trying to gradually get more comfortable with the game by focusing on someone that she already knows)

the strong tone paired with the lack of posts that felt focused on an agenda made me think that she was most likely just a villager. typical caveat that this read will change if tangy's trajectory doesn't go where i anticipate it will go
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:19 am her primary concern wasn't to ~blend in~ or spew out a bunch of takes
can you elaborate on this take? I agree with the second half but strongly disagree with the first half.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Arete wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:05 am

mrr

this post feels villagery to me
Arete wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:16 am
why?
I guess technically it wasn't literally your opener but I disliked your early response to Nutella calling you a wolf
Hally wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:43 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:39 pm I'm apparently very good at analyzing data patterns, strong intuition and providing actionable insights

So anyway hally is a wolf
it’s all true

Hally wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:47 pm [VOTE: hally] aubergine

in my experience wolves are more likely than villagers to respond to pressure by being like 'yes you caught me I'm a wolf' because they don't know how to effectively respond to it and resort to joking about it to try to play it off, whereas villagers are less likely to respond by wolfclaiming because ... why would you

it's a bit of a level one read but it's >rand to be accurate
that’s what figured. well fwiw my response is NAI for me. i wolf claim and self-vote for the memes as either alignment, but lol self-meta
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:19 am

why?

—————

tangygrowth burst into a relatively tense thread and immediately became a beacon of positive energy. her primary concern wasn't to ~blend in~ or spew out a bunch of takes, but rather, to change the atmosphere of the thread and to make sure that everyone was still having fun. even as she was doing that, she zero'd in on nutella for a little while and made a point of outing a read on her (which i found villagery, or at least indicative of tangy trying to gradually get more comfortable with the game by focusing on someone that she already knows)

the strong tone paired with the lack of posts that felt focused on an agenda made me think that she was most likely just a villager. typical caveat that this read will change if tangy's trajectory doesn't go where i anticipate it will go
alright, thanks. i think tangy’s energy is more her personality than AI but i’ve never seen her wolf so i could be wrong. i do know she has a reputation as a very good wolf though
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What’s villagery about that Arete post, Hally?

Return to “Previous Rackets”