Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Re: Day 3 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by S~V~S »

There are a lot of possibilities with no known roles. As afar as i am concerned this has nothing to do with APs role. But Enrique bundled them together, so I replied to that bundle.

It's a theory. I find it more likely than the lovers, but last time i looked, i was not infallible :)

Linki @ Made, not that I know fo that's just rude :)

Linki, good question JC :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I mean, either he knows, or he does not know, how he survived.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 340

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I mean, either he knows, or he does not know, how he survived.
Yes, but it's possible he THINKS he knows how he survived but doesn't really know.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, though, he has not answered the question, despite being in the forum. So I will hold judgement on all the possibilities (which might be legion) until he does so.
Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

juliets wrote:Made, I don't think anyone has asked you this straight out: do you know what happened in the lynch that resulted in you being saved? This is a yes or no question as I'm sure it would break the rules for you to expound on it.
Yes
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Re: Day 2 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Made »

Made wrote:Killing a thread 101
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

S~V~S wrote:The conjecture is that perhaps AP & Made were the Lovers~ Lovers roles have a connection. The commonest one is if one of them is targeted/lynched, the other dies, and in this game Concordes character would work pretty well for that.
This would also make a lot of sense for why AP would vote for himself if it were Made that would die instead? Also Made answering yes to Juliets' question makes me think this is even more likely.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dana wrote:
S~V~S wrote:The conjecture is that perhaps AP & Made were the Lovers~ Lovers roles have a connection. The commonest one is if one of them is targeted/lynched, the other dies, and in this game Concordes character would work pretty well for that.
This would also make a lot of sense for why AP would vote for himself if it were Made that would die instead? Also Made answering yes to Juliets' question makes me think this is even more likely.
But then why would he pretend not to know what Canuck was talking about? I'm not buying it. Not buying it at all.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote:
But then why would he pretend not to know what Canuck was talking about? I'm not buying it. Not buying it at all.
I didn't know what Canuck was talking about either until SVS spelled it out. Made definitely couldn't confirm Canuck's theory because that would be role outing and Roxy/DP would murder him.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dana wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote:
I didn't know what Canuck was talking about either until SVS spelled it out. Made definitely couldn't confirm Canuck's theory because that would be role outing and Roxy/DP would murder him.
Not confirming a theory is completely different from actively pretending to not understand it, which is hardly credible if he knew that AP would die in his place.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Now Dana is defending Made and I'm starting to suspect her too! :omg:

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:This would have nothing to do with APs role; I am talking about a pattern of support the entire game. I think they definitely would like to capitalize on the possibilities of APs role. The BeaNuck theory is very possible. With manips it is also possible that Made was not the person lynched; he did not act like someone about to die.

But the seemer thing would work regardless of the AP lynch. You are overcomplicating this a bit, IMO.
I agree that it's possible that Made didn't win that poll. I'm curious as to the people you think of as Made's support system.

Catching up in bits and pieces - I see in linking I'm missing things.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Hey man, I'm not defending, just trying to look at all the options here. Since Made did know how he was saved, what do you think it could have been? If they weren't lovers then that must mean he or a teammate had to have switched it.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

I... Made, what? Do you know for a fact what saved you?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Would he say yes if he was unsure?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm starting to think we are dealing with the ballsiest mafia team in mafia history.

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Oh God. I wish I had Made''s courage, but I have no idea. If he's dismissing BeaNuk's idea then I have no idea why I'm supposed to trust him...?
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ok - so - that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Made - I gotta be honest with you man. I wasn't defending or condeming you when I brought up the idea of A person's role potentially being a lover's role. I was just trying to explore the options as to what could have happened. My mind's still not really made up on you. (oi! look what I did there!)

linki w/ well...everyone. What llama says - and also what enrique suave says.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dana wrote:Would he say yes if he was unsure?
Yes.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:I'm starting to think we are dealing with the ballsiest mafia team in mafia history.
You're not because i'm a civvie ;).
Enrique wrote:I... Made, what? Do you know for a fact what saved you?
Not for a fact, but I am almost positive.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

My brainz are hurting. :(

This no roles thing is harder in a larger game. interesting and fun, but harder.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:So, my theory is also about a role possibility. And the thing that kept popping into my head was DharmaHelper in the first recruitment game being a seemer role. He came up as a mystery civvie role; in that game, not all roles were revealed immediately. So a role no one ever heard of was a possibility. And it allowed the baddie team to claim a role that no one else had, so no one could dispute it. It also got his teammates tons of cred, as I recall it, although I could have that wrong.
LoRab wrote:I also thought of the possibility of a seemer role. I had the first seemer role, so it always goes through my mind. But I'm not seeing how it's the case here. I'm also confused. You're speculating that Made might be a seemer-type role and baddie teammates switched the lynch and are possibly setting up for what role they've chosen? And would that have just meant they got lucky with who they chose for the lynch?
Ah, my Seemers. :noble: The first Seemer was in Mafia: A World Apart (sequel coming soon!), and it was Lorab. I'm so happy with the role-type taking on the name. Someone should do a baddie team that are all different kinds of Seemer.

Well, S~V~S, I've had my share of suspicion of you, I think we can agree. Let me tell you what this sounds like to me, and let me know if I'm crazy to come up with this possibility.

In my scenario, you are a baddie, and you think it's more than likely Made will turn up Civvie... so you had better sow a seed of doubt a la Seemer into the mix. Then when you turn up with your fingerprints among the many others all over his lynch, we are supposed to think "Maybe he wasn't King Arthur/Sir Galahad/Sir Lancelot/whatever... he was probably a Seemer!"

S~V~S, I'm sure you can see that this conclusion isn't isn't overly intricate. I'm also sure that there's assumptions you will challenge to show the weaknesses in the idea. But there it is, so just don't be surprised that you're still one of the more prominent names on my lynch list. MAFIA, am I right? :D
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Long Con wrote: In my scenario, you are a baddie, and you think it's more than likely Made will turn up Civvie... so you had better sow a seed of doubt a la Seemer into the mix.
I've considered this, but it's just SVS has been so on point all game. Every point she's made seems easily, or at least logically derived. However, her being the most best player on this website, i have to suspect this is an act, given a very well played act
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Made wrote:
Long Con wrote: In my scenario, you are a baddie, and you think it's more than likely Made will turn up Civvie... so you had better sow a seed of doubt a la Seemer into the mix.
I've considered this, but it's just SVS has been so on point all game. Every point she's made seems easily, or at least logically derived. However, her being the most best player on this website, i have to suspect this is an act, given a very well played act
Well, being able to do that is, like, a prerequisite for being the best, as she certainly is. :srsnod:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:Doesn't the fact that Made professes not to understand the theory somewhat undermine the theory?
Lulz. As a main pusher of this theory, I'm going to go ahead and swallow my pride and say a big 'Yuuuup!" to this one and skulk away sheepishly to reconsider my life choices.

(Sorry if conversation has moved way beyond this, I'm just catching up)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Enrique wrote:Not really? It doesn't have to be a part of his role, just AP's. Like Canuck, I'm not suggesting they had BTSC.
I guess that's true. I was kinda imagining a scenario in which they knew the other existed, but didn't know who it was, possibly had to search for each other to get btsc?
I suppose it's possible that Concorde's lover might be oblivious to the arrangement, but I will be honest and say that my theoretical speculations were based on an assumption that they at least knew that they HAD a lover, if not precisely who the lover was. :shrug:
So Made's denial is a pretty big plot hole for me, personally...

(Catching up catching up tralalalala)
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Dana wrote:
I come to the opposite conclusion from these same facts.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think I missed Made's denial, that seems like it's an important thing. When was that? Sometimes catching up on the phone, you miss things.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote:
juliets wrote:Made, I don't think anyone has asked you this straight out: do you know what happened in the lynch that resulted in you being saved? This is a yes or no question as I'm sure it would break the rules for you to expound on it.
Yes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Then right after that I said i'm pretty sure but not certain. Regardless, that's pretty much it.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

My read on Juliet has gone completely out the window now btw. No clue wtf is going on on that planet.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

LoRab wrote:
Dana wrote:
Can you explain this, please?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

In other news (since I did vow to stop talking about a spear ion that can't be verified unless Made is lynched...and possibly not even then, given that Seemers have now been thrown into the mix), I find that my suspects list has some crossover with julietz.

I still have suspicions of Mongoose: though her answers to my pro dings were reasonable and didn't increase my suspicion of her, I'm not sure that they effectively quelled it either. :shrug: I feel like its one of those situations where my suspicion is half thread-based an half gut-based, so even though her response was not a bad one, I'm still on the fence about whether or not she will get my vote today.

I mentioned earlier that I had been pinged by MM, but wasn't able to find what had pinged me, so I'm interested to hear that others are also pinged. I entirely missed somehow Made's case on him that juliets brings up, so I guess I need to have a look for that. (I thought Made's big offensive salvo was against MR? Am I mixing the m-folk up, or were their two separate cases?)
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Canucklehead wrote: I mentioned earlier that I had been pinged by MM, but wasn't able to find what had pinged me, so I'm interested to hear that others are also pinged. I entirely missed somehow Made's case on him that juliets brings up, so I guess I need to have a look for that. (I thought Made's big offensive salvo was against MR? Am I mixing the m-folk up, or were their two separate cases?)
Meant to mention this earlier. i've probably voiced a wariness of MM this game, but my big argument was against MR.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

LC: this is where Made denies the lovers theory (or at least deies understanding what the theory is):
Made wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Made wrote:Organized by how much they wanted the booty
1. Canuck
2. Enrique (tho he's trying to separate himself from me might warrant him lower on the list)
3. Bea
4. Bullz
4. reywaS
5. BWT (Barely made the list, his lack of aggression towards me makes me think he think favorably of me, but could be me misinterpreting his caution of put me on the defensive.)

Night 2 is when most of my reinforcements arrived. Fucking fair weather friends...
I don't think i'm forgetting anyone, but iunno.
Players are allowed to change their minds. In light of AP's lynch and the surrounding theories, I trust you.

@ Blooper - Look at AP's role, then look at that role in the context of the movie. Maybe you'll see what we're getting at.

Also, I haven't seen the movie, which probably explains why this theory hasn't clicked for me yet.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote:
Dana wrote:
Ha! That is a beautiful response Lorab.

I don't see why AP voting for himself would enter into a Lovers arrangement.

There's the concept that a lynch switch can only go to a person with a vote, and there's the concept that Made's-role-that-no-one-will name-celot was under a Lovers-style protection from Concorde. I'm having difficulty understanding Dana's post with that in mind.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

LoRab, Queen of Fresh Eyes and Snappy Retorts: did your mammoth catch-up result in any thoughts on the folks on juliets list?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Is it possible Made could be that role and just not know the movie, and so not understand the context? Or is that far-fetched?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

yea - and of course - the switch could have been done to someone so made still isn't rolethatnoonewilnamecelot - which could make Made bad or still civ.

I'm getting very confused as to trying to figure out a way where Made can be a civ, knows how he survived and it's *not* because there was a Lover's connection.

blah. - co-hosting roxy shenanagins is very different from playing them!

linki - LC - I would think the connection would have been explained in the *secrets* part for both parties. BTS or not - someone dying for you - or you dying for someone else seems to be something both roles would have been told.

Am I moving too far fetched to think that made could have been some other civ role that had a switch - like a mayor role? switched it to someone else - *that* person was lancolot and a person died? It feels like I'm working too hard to find a reason for Made to be a civ in this scenario.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

:offtobed:
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Long Con wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Dana wrote:

There's the concept that a lynch switch can only go to a person with a vote, and there's the concept that Made's-role-that-no-one-will name-celot was under a Lovers-style protection from Concorde. I'm having difficulty understanding Dana's post with that in mind.
What I meant by that was if AP knew that Made getting all the votes would mean he dies, maybe he voted for himself in hopes to bring his votes up enough to save himself and kill Made. But with Made saying now that he's not completely certain and only thinks he knows how he was saved, I'm not sure this idea holds much weight, if any.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dana wrote:
Long Con wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Dana wrote:

What I meant by that was if AP knew that Made getting all the votes would mean he dies, maybe he voted for himself in hopes to bring his votes up enough to save himself and kill Made. But with Made saying now that he's not completely certain and only thinks he knows how he was saved, I'm not sure this idea holds much weight, if any.
So, a "Worst Lover Ever" kind of situation?
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Honest reaction: When I saw SVS say "lovers" for the first time, I thought she meant Canuck saying she could kiss me...

How embarassing. :consoling:
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So, my theory is also about a role possibility. And the thing that kept popping into my head was DharmaHelper in the first recruitment game being a seemer role. He came up as a mystery civvie role; in that game, not all roles were revealed immediately. So a role no one ever heard of was a possibility. And it allowed the baddie team to claim a role that no one else had, so no one could dispute it. It also got his teammates tons of cred, as I recall it, although I could have that wrong.
LoRab wrote:I also thought of the possibility of a seemer role. I had the first seemer role, so it always goes through my mind. But I'm not seeing how it's the case here. I'm also confused. You're speculating that Made might be a seemer-type role and baddie teammates switched the lynch and are possibly setting up for what role they've chosen? And would that have just meant they got lucky with who they chose for the lynch?
Ah, my Seemers. :noble: The first Seemer was in Mafia: A World Apart (sequel coming soon!), and it was Lorab. I'm so happy with the role-type taking on the name. Someone should do a baddie team that are all different kinds of Seemer.

Well, S~V~S, I've had my share of suspicion of you, I think we can agree. Let me tell you what this sounds like to me, and let me know if I'm crazy to come up with this possibility.

In my scenario, you are a baddie, and you think it's more than likely Made will turn up Civvie... so you had better sow a seed of doubt a la Seemer into the mix. Then when you turn up with your fingerprints among the many others all over his lynch, we are supposed to think "Maybe he wasn't King Arthur/Sir Galahad/Sir Lancelot/whatever... he was probably a Seemer!"

S~V~S, I'm sure you can see that this conclusion isn't isn't overly intricate. I'm also sure that there's assumptions you will challenge to show the weaknesses in the idea. But there it is, so just don't be surprised that you're still one of the more prominent names on my lynch list. MAFIA, am I right? :D
I was waiting for someone to make this post :)

What I am saying is we should NOT lynch Made; unless he flips bad, we learn nothing and spent the rest of the game arguing over a speculation. I think we should lynch someone in his circle of trust and see what happens. Becasue him being a Seemer is the best explanation I can come up with for that circle of trust. The same people keep coming in to shore him up; you, Enrique, Canuck. But why? That is what I am trying to solve for. I thought early in the game that he & Enrique had civ BTS, but both have pushed against each other, which civ BTS partners would not need to do. You have a fairly constant low level protection of him going on, and you & Canuck seem pretty simpatico. Then she is the biggest proponent of the Lovers thing. I was wondering which of the three of you would make this post. Not too surprised it was you.

Running late today. Not sure what I plan to do just yet, votewise, I had less time this cycle than I would have liked, that pesky family :mad:

I won't be voting for Made.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP~ If either theory is right, and either of them is possible, although I still think the lynch was either switched to AP, or to his partner, then lynching Made is a very bad idea, IMO, and we should not do it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And one more before I go to work~ I think we should do just what Made told us to do, basically forget about him for now, ignore him. And talk about other suspicions. There are too many variables & possibilities regarding him. We need to approach this from another direction, because we are getting bogged down.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Made wrote:Organized by how much they wanted the booty
1. Canuck
2. Enrique (tho he's trying to separate himself from me might warrant him lower on the list)
3. Bea
4. Bullz
4. reywaS
5. BWT (Barely made the list, his lack of aggression towards me makes me think he think favorably of me, but could be me misinterpreting his caution of put me on the defensive.)

Night 2 is when most of my reinforcements arrived. Fucking fair weather friends...
I don't think i'm forgetting anyone, but iunno.
I still don't particularly trust you. I just think there are a lot of potential explanations and right now you're just as likely to be good as bad IMO so I'll probably stick with JC or take a look at MM after that ping from earlier.
nijuukyugou wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I like your sarcastic tone, Blooper, for what that's worth.
Apparently my students do, too. I think they might think I'm joking :biggrin:

I think it might be the only way I can vent without getting in trouble...
Sarcastic teachers are the best. I'm particularly fond of the ones who don't take shit and will rip into students for being lazy or misbehaving.
thellama73 wrote:Doesn't the fact that Made professes not to understand the theory somewhat undermine the theory?
Not if he hasn't seen the film.
Long Con wrote: In my scenario, you are a baddie, and you think it's more than likely Made will turn up Civvie... so you had better sow a seed of doubt a la Seemer into the mix. Then when you turn up with your fingerprints among the many others all over his lynch, we are supposed to think "Maybe he wasn't King Arthur/Sir Galahad/Sir Lancelot/whatever... he was probably a Seemer!"
Interesting that you bring this up, because whenever I see someone after a civ lynch saying that the person was probably a seemer I just automatically assume they're bad for some reason. I think it's because it always comes off to me as an hard-to-verify excuse for lynching a civ - "Oh what a shame such an important civ died and I helped kill them. Actually that person was soooo obviously bad, they must have been a seemer! It's okay everyone, don't worry, nobody here is responsible for a dead civ because he was actually bad all along!". That's all I see. I think part of it comes from a game on RM (Rey's one that didn't have a specific theme, just loads of characters he likes from various media) where two or three people in a row were all accused of being seemers and none were.
bea wrote: linki - LC - I would think the connection would have been explained in the *secrets* part for both parties. BTS or not - someone dying for you - or you dying for someone else seems to be something both roles would have been told.

Am I moving too far fetched to think that made could have been some other civ role that had a switch - like a mayor role? switched it to someone else - *that* person was lancolot and a person died? It feels like I'm working too hard to find a reason for Made to be a civ in this scenario.
I'm not saying this is definitely the case but... If you're a civ who knows another civ will die for you, and then that happens in an obvious way (such as them dying when you should have been lynched) might you not pretend to be unsure about what happened for your own protection? This made perfect sense in my head at first but as I type it out I become less certain.

Today I intend to reread MM and JC. I will probably vote for one of the two but I also want to look back on Made's case against MR and the LC-SVS conversation.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:And one more before I go to work~ I think we should do just what Made told us to do, basically forget about him for now, ignore him. And talk about other suspicions. There are too many variables & possibilities regarding him. We need to approach this from another direction, because we are getting bogged down.
I agree with this 40000% and have tried to bring some focus to my suspects. I intend to keep doing so if I get a chance this afternoon ...but crazy Thursday is crazy, so I might be SOL

I understand that SVS suspects me and I understand why. It's not unreasonable. It's dead wrong, but not unreasonable. For those of you who share her suspicion, all I can say is that I've never thought of my theory support as specifically defending Made, but rather as looking at all options (but, since I didn't share the Made suspicions before the lynch craziness, I was more inclined to see my version as the "simple" version, and sure. That can totally look like I'm defending Made rather than defending my speculation)

I can't speak for Enrique or LC's motives/thoughts, But I CAN assure you that we are not on a baddie team together. I have agreed with LC on some things, but not on others (I didn't and don't agree with his suspicions of you, SVS). Enrique seems to be playing a straightforward/in your face type game, and he has agreed with me on a few things. :shrug: I get why and how you are reading us as a ballsy baddie trifecta and seeing connections between us, but they're not anything other than agreeing on a few points. We are not working together. I have no idea if LC or Enrique is good or bad. My inclination t this point is that they're both civ, but I admit that I generally tend to think people that agree with me are civ when I'm a civ (this is a bad habit, I know).

I'm happy to answer any questions or address concerns that people have about me. I'm also very happy to hear other people's thoughts on Mongoose and MM...especially MM, since it really is driving me nuts that I cannot find the posts of his that made me suspicious of him in the first place...
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Frankly, at this point, the only chance I think I have at understanding this game at all depends on knowing Made's role. I am going to cast my vote for him now. I have to know!

Return to “Previous Jobs”