Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Day 4 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Made »

Honestly SVS, I started a poll to get enrique banned from the irc channel he runs, I wouldn't trust him on a team with me :P

Also check out the poll....and remember there is no double targeting.....something is very off...
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

Double targeting refers to night actions. Can you be more specific?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The five stages of Made:

Denial - Anger - Bargaining - Depression - Acceptance.

Right now he is moving from Anger to Bargaining, so we have mopey Made to look forward to, and then he will calm down and let us lynch him without a fuss.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

As fun as this is (I'm not being sarcastic. Watching you two back and forth so far has been very interesting) I do think that one of you need to go this round for this thread to move on.

Linki - For arguments sake, I certainly would be someone who would recruit Enrique, but even if I were a baddie and able to recruit someone I wouldn't have been able to at this point.

One of the things that stuck out to me about Dana is after the result she mentioned something like Enrique had been bad half the game. I think I tend to read too much into some things because a part of me wonders why she said half specifically.
Gro-oo-ovy
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:Double targeting refers to night actions. Can you be more specific?
I think either Ketterman is fucking with both of us, or He was cursed by two separate groups of people, two nights in a row. Unless this is his role.... Who did Ketterman replace again?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Made wrote:Honestly SVS, I started a poll to get enrique banned from the irc channel he runs, I wouldn't trust him on a team with me :P

Also check out the poll....and remember there is no double targeting.....something is very off...
Someone who I absolutely do not get along with has recruited me before.
This would be a good reason for you to recruit him because no one would expect it.
Gro-oo-ovy
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:The five stages of Made:

Denial - Anger - Bargaining - Depression - Acceptance.

Right now he is moving from Anger to Bargaining, so we have mopey Made to look forward to, and then he will calm down and let us lynch him without a fuss.
I hit depression and acceptance a while ago, keep up :P
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Double targeting refers to night actions. Can you be more specific?
I think either Ketterman is fucking with both of us, or He was cursed by two separate groups of people, two nights in a row. Unless this is his role.... Who did Ketterman replace again?
he could have had a vote forced last night, and a curse tonight. Or he could be pretending, or he could be drunk, which is actually what I initially thought until someone else pointed out the curse option. It's rather a vague curse, methinks.

And now, Made, feel free to lambaste me, cause I really am afk for the night. xoxo Happy Mafia Players

@Splints~ true. I have had it happen to me too. It did not go well, and I was not recruited again for a looooooong time :phew:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Mine ended very badly too :noble: I personally wouldn't recruit someone I don't get along with, but the point stands that it does happen.
Gro-oo-ovy
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

fingersplints wrote:
Made wrote:Honestly SVS, I started a poll to get enrique banned from the irc channel he runs, I wouldn't trust him on a team with me :P

This would be a good reason for you to recruit him because no one would expect it.
The only person who knows this even happen was dana.

Regardless, attacking the sleep is mean. Beside my supporters always show up when i'm afk anyways! Gonna see if i can't get a pick up "The Resistance" game going anyways!
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by a2thezebra »

ou're wrong that we go back on his part, but instead, drink , no one ever suged, d, broken eny keyboard, luckily that is not the case. But it is something similar unfortunately. AS well ed to hint at for obviousl reasons. was a confident yet incorrect interpretation of mwhat my former post meant, SVS, it wssas that you were lying abouing to uggesin. with a laugh and nothing more. For shame, and this gave you enough time to cconjure up a more proper defense by someone oter would have given it. der, sucum. I abstain fa life choice. However, I do like the occas
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

SVS ly
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ou t this mad with ra;ge, so instead just embrace your madnesthe hell wye thelynch odat day.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

SVS, what are your thoughts on me?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

[*]kerdeciphe
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Playing Resistance on http://www.theresistanceonline.com/ atm if anyone would like the join. We're (probably) the only basic room. PM me if you need help finding it.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Made wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
The only person who knows this even happen was dana.
That was totally a joke strawpoll, Made. Don't try to make it seem like you don't like him, I know you guys are at least friendly.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:My ego refuses to let me believe that SVS would not have recruited me, so I think you are the recruiter, Made.

Hey guys, remember the last time Made was up for a lynch and he totally weasled his way out of it? Yeah, let's not let that happen again.
I think SVS would recruit me very early. She knows it would be fun on a bun! :noble: Who would you recruit first, S~V~S, Llama, Made, or good ol' LC? :D
Dana wrote:
Made wrote:Please note that the game i did freak out in, Misfits, was more like this because I freaked out after being jumped on by 3 people at once, then I flipped Civvie. JS.
You bringing this up is quite fishy, Made. "Hey guys I'm acting the same and I was good then so I'm good here" Hmm...
This sounds very familiar... didn't I say the same thing to S~V~S?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Despite Dennis's request, I have no intent of making a list. I get where he's coming from, but I find such lists are far more useful to baddies than civies. And I have no intention of sharing who I think is civ. That's just not helpful. So, even if it makes me suspish, I'm not playing Dennis's reindeer games.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

^ This. Sorry, Dennis. But I'm not going through with making a list either.

Someone mentioned that the current debate probably isn't going away until either Made or SVS goes away. And while I'm eager to stick away from Made right now and look elsewhere, I think I have to admit that that is probably true.

However, I'm conflicted. Because Made's defense sounds to me like he's reached desperation mode, which normally reads baddie to me. But I also wonder why SVS flipped so quickly, and/or why she wasn't willing to vote for Made back on Day 3. In other words: was Enrique's alignment what really made her change her stance, or did she think Made was no longer useful to her cause.

Basically, I think there's a strong chance both of them are bad. But I can't decide which one I think is more bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:My ego refuses to let me believe that SVS would not have recruited me, so I think you are the recruiter, Made.

Hey guys, remember the last time Made was up for a lynch and he totally weasled his way out of it? Yeah, let's not let that happen again.
I think SVS would recruit me very early. She knows it would be fun on a bun! :noble: Who would you recruit first, S~V~S, Llama, Made, or good ol' LC? :D
Yes, in this game I would probably recruit you first. You would be able to back off of your early suspects with more grace than anyone. Plus, the second big game baddie role I had (the first was in LAs Twilight game, and YOU lynched me day 1) was Supermarket at LP. The team was you, Scocub, Typhoony, Jason Maher, Comfy & me. That chatroom was epic for me; you all taught me how to be a baddie; I got better with practice, but i still play the game I learned in that chatroom. So anyone from that team will always be my first choice in recruits. My second favorite chatroom was LOST: Revolution. Typh, Bullz, Reywas, LB, DH, Heisenberg, Mike & Matahari at the very end. So after you, anyone from that chatroom would be second. Third was the civ chat in SOT~ Bea, Trish, Typhoony, you (even if you betrayed us, lol). Sad how many of these people don't play anymore. But yeah, you, Bullz, Rey & Bea would be at the top of my list. If I had unlimited recruits, then Made becasue I bet hes awesome fun in a chat room, his BTS partners probably laugh all the time. Llama is fun too, and plays a very different game than the LP crowd which is always good to have.
LoRab wrote:Despite Dennis's request, I have no intent of making a list. I get where he's coming from, but I find such lists are far more useful to baddies than civies. And I have no intention of sharing who I think is civ. That's just not helpful. So, even if it makes me suspish, I'm not playing Dennis's reindeer games.
The first time I saw lists, I reacted very negatively as well. I still don't love them. Dennis is going to get a modified list of the people I suspect, but not specifically who I trust almost totally, or trust kinda. I agree that this is target painting. But based on the way he speaks, I think he may view them differently than you or I.
Keterman wrote:[*]kerdeciphe
You made more than one post about your thoughts, you specifically made a separate post to say you did not suspect Made. I tend to associate vote forces with making one post and no mention of suspicions, and being towards the very end of the day. You sounded not like your vote was forced, but like you were trying to get people to vote for him. Forced voters don't try to get people to vote for their target. I thought you had info. You seemed very sure. Your instincts were spot on in Misfits, but not so much in Fight Club, nor here, I fear.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:SVS, what are your thoughts on me?
Early on, I quite distrusted you. But as time has gone on, you have started to add to the discussion, not just poke people with a stick. You are mid pack for me, there are those I trust more, but certainly those I trust much. much less.

Linki, BWT, I switched becasuse I wanted to lynch somone from his circle of trust first in case he was a Seemer role. If Made was to come back civ, that would have granted people some cred. Although that did not happen, one of them, Enrique, died in the night and was revealed bad. So if Made does come up as civ, unless he is Concordes expected friend, I will not accord any extra trust to those that defended Made. Quite the opposite.

I have repeated this pretty extensively, BWT.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

S~V~S wrote:
Linki, BWT, I switched becasuse I wanted to lynch somone from his circle of trust first in case he was a Seemer role. If Made was to come back civ, that would have granted people some cred. Although that did not happen, one of them, Enrique, died in the night and was revealed bad. So if Made does come up as civ, unless he is Concordes expected friend, I will not accord any extra trust to those that defended Made. Quite the opposite.

I have repeated this pretty extensively, BWT.
I know you have. You're the one who has really propagated the possibility of a seemer role. And while I wouldn't put it past Roxy to throw in something like that in a game where we don't know all the roles, Occam's Razor says the possibility of such a role existing is pure speculation.

I mean, I get what you're saying here. The part I'm confused about is why you are so willing to vote for Made now even when you still think he's a seemer. Is it because of Enrique getting revealed as a recruited baddie?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah. Enrique was the person I thought of as Mades biggest cheerleader. On Day Zero, before Enrique could have possibly been recruited, Made made a comment about how there could be BTS other than baddie BTS. I asked him if he were implying that HE had civvie BTS, and Enrique basically slapped my wrist and told me not to target paint, somewhat more subtly than that, but that was his point. So that was when I backed off of Made, and got into the whole me vs MP thing. Then after that, Enrique & Made started making little suspecting motions towards each other, then suddenly stopped (that was when Made started saying he just said he suspected Enrique to gauge peoples judgment, or something to that effect) and that is when i started suspecting Made again. Civ BTS partners don't need to distance, or throw each other under the bus, or revise their opinions of each other.

So yeah, Enrique coming up bad had a big part in my change of heart. It's a theory; I don't know it to be true, but given the fact that people were overtly defending Made makes it seem a reasonable theory to me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Plus Enrique was a big supporter of the Lovers thing. I don't know that I have the time, but i bet a close reread of Enrique might even give a good hint as to when he was recruited.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

S~V~S wrote:Yeah. Enrique was the person I thought of as Mades biggest cheerleader. On Day Zero, before Enrique could have possibly been recruited, Made made a comment about how there could be BTS other than baddie BTS. I asked him if he were implying that HE had civvie BTS, and Enrique basically slapped my wrist and told me not to target paint, somewhat more subtly than that, but that was his point. So that was when I backed off of Made, and got into the whole me vs MP thing. Then after that, Enrique & Made started making little suspecting motions towards each other, then suddenly stopped (that was when Made started saying he just said he suspected Enrique to gauge peoples judgment, or something to that effect) and that is when i started suspecting Made again. Civ BTS partners don't need to distance, or throw each other under the bus, or revise their opinions of each other.

So yeah, Enrique coming up bad had a big part in my change of heart. It's a theory; I don't know it to be true, but given the fact that people were overtly defending Made makes it seem a reasonable theory to me.
Alright. Thanks for the reply. I'll ponder this and decide later this afternoon. With my work schedule this weekend, I will probably have to vote today or else there's a good chance I could miss it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I see that Boogs voted, but did not post :ponder:

Also, is Keterman the first person insanified in any way? I don't recall seeing much of that.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Made wrote: My dude Dennis with the sick suggestions that people apparently enjoy ignoring....

List of Smelly to Bath and Body Works' Fall collection
1. SVS
2. Mongoose
3. Bullz
What puts me at number 3? I don't recall you mentioning me as particularly suspicious before so I'm not sure how I'm suddenly the bronze medal winner.
S~V~S wrote:Maybe if everyone votes early, we can actually talk about something else :lorab:

Linki @Dana~ if he comes up as a friend of Concorde, yes. Otherwise, i waffle. That was why I wanted to check out his support group before him, if they were bad, he likely is too. I was going to try to lynch Enrique or LC today, but fate/ninja/whatevs intervened and killed Enrique. So I am OK with moving forward with Made.
Why are you so sure of that though? I would assume that if Made is a civ (though I doubt it) all the baddies would be in love with him for keeping them safe for so long. We're on day four of him being a number of people's top suspect yet he's still alive and two civs have died instead of him so far.
juliets wrote:Here is my list - there has been some movement since the last list I made. Listed from most suspicious to least. Some of these are just gut vibes at this point and the numbers may not be exact. It's better to look at this as a bottom group, a middle group, and a top group. Some toward the top there has just been nothing so far on them but they are newish to the game:

1. made
2. boogs
3. reywas
4. bwt
I'm actually glad you've posted a list because it flies in the face of my main reasons for suspecting you. Have you ever mentioned why Boogs and Rey share the podium with Made, or what makes BWT number 4? I feel like you did mention Boogs at some point, or someone else did and I'm misremembering it as you, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on Rey and BWT. FWIW I'm not seeing BWT as bad. I feel like his baddie game is quieter and blendier than he is here.

I agree with all of this. I also feel like SVS would've recruited me early if she could since I spent all of Fight Club wanting to get recruited and it only happened right at the very end of the game. Not that that confirms anything about her for me, just that she probably isn't a recruiter.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:^ This. Sorry, Dennis. But I'm not going through with making a list either.

Someone mentioned that the current debate probably isn't going away until either Made or SVS goes away. And while I'm eager to stick away from Made right now and look elsewhere, I think I have to admit that that is probably true.

However, I'm conflicted. Because Made's defense sounds to me like he's reached desperation mode, which normally reads baddie to me. But I also wonder why SVS flipped so quickly, and/or why she wasn't willing to vote for Made back on Day 3. In other words: was Enrique's alignment what really made her change her stance, or did she think Made was no longer useful to her cause.

Basically, I think there's a strong chance both of them are bad. But I can't decide which one I think is more bad.
I think we need to lynch Made tbh. I've gone back and forth on him all game and when I decided to trust him for a minute I ended up helping to lynch a civ. So much of the game has revolved around him that I think if we find out who he is, and he is bad, we will almost be guaranteed to lynch one of his teammates tomorrow. If he's civ, I think the baddies probably still wanted to keep him alive so it's possible even that will give us some good leads on where to go next.

As for a list, I'm not making one for the reasons others have said. I don't want to paint targets on the people I trust. I will however mention those I have little to no trust for: Made, JC, MM, SVS. In no particular order. I also feel like I've forgotten someone from that list so I shall double check and mention again if there is a fifth.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You missed the post like 3 or 4 posts up where I said you are on my permarecruit list, lol. And why do you specifically distrust me, I don;t recall you saying it before, although I could have missed it; I will look.

You said this on Monday:
Bullzeye wrote:
I still mostly feel like SVS is civ. I think I basically agree with your judgement here.
Your other references to me have to do with the Seemer thing. Even if you do not take me seriously, you cannot see that *I* may take me seriously without being bad? You think that an overt flop is something i would do as bad? A day or two ago I asked Dana her opinion on you, based on you & her coming out to defend Made on the whole "derail the thread" thing. Does this have anything to do with that?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote:You missed the post like 3 or 4 posts up where I said you are on my permarecruit list, lol. And why do you specifically distrust me, I don;t recall you saying it before, although I could have missed it; I will look.

You said this on Monday:
Bullzeye wrote:
I still mostly feel like SVS is civ. I think I basically agree with your judgement here.
Your other references to me have to do with the Seemer thing. Even if you do not take me seriously, you cannot see that *I* may take me seriously without being bad? You think that an overt flop is something i would do as bad? A day or two ago I asked Dana her opinion on you, based on you & her coming out to defend Made on the whole "derail the thread" thing. Does this have anything to do with that?
I said that on Monday, it's now Saturday. A lot can happen in the space of a week. The seemer thing has made me distrust you because as I've said a few times I'm always wary of people who fall back on seemer accusations after civ lynches so the fact you're doing it before he's even been lynched is just grabbing my attention like crazy. It's not that I don't take you seriously, it's just that I find some of the things you're pushing to be a bit shifty. Not only the seemer thing but also the "let's lynch the people around Made before we lynch him" which you must admit can be taken to look as if you're his teammate trying to buy him some time. I did trust you at first but I always want to trust you. Now I trust you less. If we finally lynch Made today (who I'll probably vote for unless something crazy happens) then the outcome of that will affect how I see you. At this point I'd probably still vote MM over you just because of my gut telling me he's bad. Maybe JC too though I'm beginning to turn away from her I think.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, the person around Made I wanted to lynch most was Enrique, and he has turned up bad. So :shrug:

My point was that I do not want to accord people cred for being able to say, "Oh I trusted him" when he may not be as he appears. It was driving me crazy that so many people were overtly defending him, and that was the best reason I could come up with; the scenario for all that support that made the most sense to me. As one of the people I thought was overtly defending him, can you come up with a different reason why that may be so?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote:Well, the person around Made I wanted to lynch most was Enrique, and he has turned up bad. So :shrug:

My point was that I do not want to accord people cred for being able to say, "Oh I trusted him" when he may not be as he appears. It was driving me crazy that so many people were overtly defending him, and that was the best reason I could come up with; the scenario for all that support that made the most sense to me. As one of the people I thought was overtly defending him, can you come up with a different reason why that may be so?
I haven't really felt like I'd defended Made much. I've admitted at least one he looks bad to me. The only issue I had was that he, in my mind, was 100% guaranteed to be bad in Misfits and then flipped civ after acting much the same as he has here. If it weren't for that I'd have been right there with you and Llama going after him. Maybe I'd been too willing to give him the BOTD based on past experience and maybe I'm not the only one.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Yeah. Enrique was the person I thought of as Mades biggest cheerleader. On Day Zero, before Enrique could have possibly been recruited, Made made a comment about how there could be BTS other than baddie BTS. I asked him if he were implying that HE had civvie BTS, and Enrique basically slapped my wrist and told me not to target paint, somewhat more subtly than that, but that was his point. So that was when I backed off of Made, and got into the whole me vs MP thing. Then after that, Enrique & Made started making little suspecting motions towards each other, then suddenly stopped (that was when Made started saying he just said he suspected Enrique to gauge peoples judgment, or something to that effect) and that is when i started suspecting Made again. Civ BTS partners don't need to distance, or throw each other under the bus, or revise their opinions of each other.

Here's what I think.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Linki @ Made, you're really gonna die this time aren't you?
SVS- Knowing this game, probably not.

linki- It's very encouraged

linki- QFT??

Also, I would like to point out how, suddenly SVS isn't interested in examining what Enrique's said this game for clues as to his alignment. Once again conflicting with her general play this game. (The first time being the very strange vote with ketterman.)
I think the time his stance changed on you was right around the time he was recruited. Those two events coincided.
This happened on Day 2, when Enrique started waffling on his stance about Made. I was trying my darndest to get a read from him, and he wouldn't give me anything.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Anyone, really, what other reasons may so many people have for trusting and defending one person? I submitted my reasoning; it could well be wrong. What other things can we come up with to account for it? It was unusual, and the only other time I have experienced something like it is when there has been a Seemer in the game. I know I was not the only person to remark on that feeling of Made having defenders. But what other possibilities are there? One baddie team, not two is a possibility, then they would KNOW he was not a baddie.

There are the persons I am on record as saying I thought they defended Made fairly aggressively:

Enrique
LC
Canuck

Peripherally, I though these three also jumped to his defense a bit:

Bullz
Dana
Bea

Now, I doubt they are all on one team. Dana and Canuck I am most likely to dismiss. Canuck picked up on something someone else said, and was the first to say it was flawed. Had she been bad, I find it more likely she would have been less self deprecating and more jokey. Dana is very likely to defend Made whether good or bad, imo. Bullz is harder for me, the way Dana explains it, it makes sense, but at the time, it seemed very much like it is when you are in a chatroom and someone in the thread stumbles on something real, and you fall over yourselves to get in the thread and counter it. Very much like what happened with Hedge early in the game, where several people felt that "real time" WTF? moment. Sometimes it is nothing (like it may have been with Hedge~ where has she gone to anyhow?) and like that feeling i had may have been, sometimes it is something. And it is hard to tell. Bea is more vibe than anything. While we often don't see little things eye to eye, we often see the same big picture, and I don't think she is looking at the same picture as I am. Hence her inclusion in secondary people.

Linki~ yeah. Is that also when Made made that whole weird thing against Enrique?

Linki, yeah, I know. It was all kinda weird.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Bullzeye wrote: I said that on Monday, it's now Saturday. A lot can happen in the space of a week. The seemer thing has made me distrust you because as I've said a few times I'm always wary of people who fall back on seemer accusations after civ lynches so the fact you're doing it before he's even been lynched is just grabbing my attention like crazy. It's not that I don't take you seriously, it's just that I find some of the things you're pushing to be a bit shifty. Not only the seemer thing but also the "let's lynch the people around Made before we lynch him" which you must admit can be taken to look as if you're his teammate trying to buy him some time. I did trust you at first but I always want to trust you. Now I trust you less. If we finally lynch Made today (who I'll probably vote for unless something crazy happens) then the outcome of that will affect how I see you. At this point I'd probably still vote MM over you just because of my gut telling me he's bad. Maybe JC too though I'm beginning to turn away from her I think.
Sorry to chop off the rest of the quote, but the bolded part is pretty much the conclusion I have come to. How I view SVS really comes down to what Made is. And while I like it or not, I don't see any other way to get past this mental roadblock until we deal with Made.

So that being said, I'm sorry Made, but given your case on MR which I didn't believe, the general confusion you've caused (either intentionally or unintentionally), this thread needs to move on. And it cannot be with you. I've waffled on you many times in this game, so here's to hoping that my bad read of you is correct.

Votes Made
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Yes, in this game I would probably recruit you first. You would be able to back off of your early suspects with more grace than anyone. Plus, the second big game baddie role I had (the first was in LAs Twilight game, and YOU lynched me day 1) was Supermarket at LP. The team was you, Scocub, Typhoony, Jason Maher, Comfy & me. That chatroom was epic for me; you all taught me how to be a baddie; I got better with practice, but i still play the game I learned in that chatroom. So anyone from that team will always be my first choice in recruits. My second favorite chatroom was LOST: Revolution. Typh, Bullz, Reywas, LB, DH, Heisenberg, Mike & Matahari at the very end. So after you, anyone from that chatroom would be second. Third was the civ chat in SOT~ Bea, Trish, Typhoony, you (even if you betrayed us, lol). Sad how many of these people don't play anymore. But yeah, you, Bullz, Rey & Bea would be at the top of my list. If I had unlimited recruits, then Made becasue I bet hes awesome fun in a chat room, his BTS partners probably laugh all the time. Llama is fun too, and plays a very different game than the LP crowd which is always good to have.
:sigh:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

<3
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Bullz, with bwt I think it was weird how he spent the whole "day" talking about made and thinking he was bad then at the last minute switched to me because I wouldnt tell him why I thought LC and SVS were good. I don't know why anyone would explain why they thought someone was good, it was bad enough for me to make a list and say that (though they have both dropped some from the top circle). I feel like he was trying to find a reason to vote someone besides made. Now he has voted made so that makes me feel a little better that he wasn't just avoiding voting for a teammate.

With reywas I feel like he talks about not being caught up but spends time posting videos and info about communism, i.e., random OT things. Why not use that time to get more in touch with the thread? In this last vote he asked people who he should vote since he wasn't caught up and my read on it was he was trying not to take responsibility for the vote. Then he ended up voting but for someone who wasn't in the voting limelight which made me think he was avoiding attention. I just have bad vibes here.

With Boogs, for awhile, when he came online he would most of the time mention how he was busy and couldn't keep up or catch up. I understand you can't always keep up but too much of this talk makes me think baddie - good reason to not have to participate in discussion. Then when he did start saying things they were basically one line blendy things. Also he made that weird statement "i don't see how the crowd shifted to Mr Rearanger suddenly and we decided not to lynch Made when we I thought that we mostly agreed he needed to go" when the thread was anything but in agreement on made. Is he relying on his teammates for catch up and got the wrong idea? I don't see how he could have been reading the thread and say that. Also, when boogs plays as a civ he is much more animated and excited.

So bullz, those are some of my thoughts. I could be wrong and I'll take another look at bwt if you're seeing him as good. Also, realize that there is gut feel involved in my opinions. I tried to nail down what was causing my gut feel in my responses.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

where is everyone today? You can post and watch college football!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

There's college football today?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

juliets wrote:where is everyone today? You can post and watch college football!
Honestly I'm just waiting for support to come for me out of no where.

Its happened enough times where it wouldn't be surprising.

At this point I just want to make sure that the right people are in the right place when everyone flips the hell out when I flip civvie, but the thing is, I don't trust anyone.

For the majority of the game I've trust SVS on the basis of perfect logic. When she essentially started the bandwagon by following ketterman's vote(which I couldn't reason based solely on logic) but was wrong, when it was brought to my attention how well seemer would assisted her when I do flip civvie, and when suddenly she's sure I'm bad, I had to step back.

It makes sense in retrospect tho. The logic she's been following all game was a ruse to trick me into trusting her. I guess what i've learned from this game is to trust facts before people and motives before facts :/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Made wrote:
At this point I just want to make sure that the right people are in the right place when everyone flips the hell out when I flip civvie, but the thing is, I don't trust anyone.
Made i snipped this quote because I just wanted to ask you about this one thing. What do you mean that you "want to make sure the right people are in the right place...when you flip civ". I don't understand.

And Dana, hahahaha, I hope you go to a football school!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm here - I agree with the general comments made about Made. I'm having a more and more difficult time trying to figure out how he could be a civ.

SVS - I know you said your read of me is more vibe than anything. I get that. TBH, it makes me feel better about the fact that I've consistently felt that I'm not been seeing your baddie game. You always start suspecting me at some point when you are civ. You tend to leave me alone when you are not. :p I think what you call light defending, I would call exploring all our possible options. It was just an idea I had and one I had admitted the flaws of when they were pointed out. (For example - you could have been spot on that even if A Person was in a lover's role Made still could have not been the winner of that lynch. That was a solid point I hadn't thought of.) At the time, I was far from as convinced as you were that Made was bad but too much has happened and it's getting somewhere between difficult to down right impossible to figure out a way he can still be a civ at this point.

also - woot! thanks for letting me make your super dream team baddie recruitment list! I would have called LC, Saywer, JC and Bullz for sure, so I'm honored to be on there too!

JC - those are some solid points about sawyer and boogsy. The bit about boggys especially sitcks out to me as I always have him at that lower end of the "talky" spectrum and have played just enough with him to not be able to read it so well yet. Thinking back though, you are right he does tend to be way more playful and kitty like when he is civ. He's not called me his kitty friend once this game. :(

I hadn't addressed it yet, but thank you to everyone in the thread, and via pm and via facebook that offered me some comfort and cheer re: my super bad day on Thurs. It sorta bled into yesterday too and the tale is long and arduous. The bits to take away from it are I do NOT have tuberculosis (there by killing my silver lining of going out like Doc Holiday with gamblin', drinkin', and loose women.) I DO have the greatest husband ever. He not only took great care of me Thursday night with the making of the comfort food, the beer and the joking me out of my bad mood, but also defended my honor against several douchey nurses on Friday afternoon. Yay BDH!

linki - bah fooball. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm unbelievably busy today. I hate party preparations.
I am checking the thread regularly but probably won't post much unless someone asks me something specifically. Like I said I don't see much of a way to move on until we get to the bottom of SVS vs Made. it's consuming the whole thread lol

Rey seems quiet to me, as does Lorab. Not saying it means anything just seem quieter than I remember.
Gro-oo-ovy
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

juliets wrote:
Made wrote:
Made i snipped this quote because I just wanted to ask you about this one thing. What do you mean that you "want to make sure the right people are in the right place...when you flip civ". I don't understand.

And Dana, hahahaha, I hope you go to a football school!
I'm going to flip civvie, and people are taking stances on me, the stance they take can very easily give different people advantages.

Like for example: Llama's been on my all game. He'll probably be ok if i flip civvie, and will likely play a "who could of known" card and attack SVS

But the thing is, i'm not 100% sure SVS is mafia. The recruiter theory was suffencinetly picked apart, but i still don't understand her angle enough to be confident in her alignment.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Made wrote:

For the majority of the game I've trust SVS on the basis of perfect logic. When she essentially started the bandwagon by following ketterman's vote(which I couldn't reason based solely on logic) but was wrong, when it was brought to my attention how well seemer would assisted her when I do flip civvie, and when suddenly she's sure I'm bad, I had to step back.

It makes sense in retrospect tho. The logic she's been following all game was a ruse to trick me into trusting her. I guess what i've learned from this game is to trust facts before people and motives before facts :/
Yup, my whole game was played to trick you.

And, again, the support had to dry up eventually~ as I said, Enrique coming up badddie & recruited makes me feel OK with lynching you now. My main point in brining up that theory was to neutralize any cred people may have sought by protecting you if you are indeed a seemer. And I think Enriques death and the points MM made about the timing of Enriques recruitment will give that grain of doubt if you do flip civ.

Linki, I am not Mafia, Made. And tru dat, Bea.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

No I can't. That would require me to know what college football specifically is and be capable of/interested in watching it. :P

To be completely honest and serious for a moment I don't see the point of holding my vote in like I usually do so I'm just going to slap it on Made now. I can always change it later, but in the absence of an accident involving baddies and banana skins or ice I don't see why that would happen.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:
Made wrote:

Yup, my whole game was played to trick you.
To be fair, the game has been me centric enough to prompt someone to do so, see Enrique.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Perhaps so, but i am not that person.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I agree that I see no reason to hold my vote when I can always change it if something comes up before tomorrow night that makes me want to change it. So I'm going to go ahead and vote made.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Also - "I'm not been"??? - Clearly I have not had enough coffee yet. :sigh:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

Return to “Previous Jobs”