Moderator: Community Team

EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 1]

Post by EnderWiggin »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:01 am
I was clearly looking for more lmao, town shouldn't give the absolute minimum because they are trying to be constructive and develop the conversation/content not shut it down with as minimal answer as they can get away with no?
Yes and no. Yes town should provide information. No town shouldn't entertain every dumb question that enters their field of vision.

You asked a leading question which leads nowhere except an accusation. Just start at which one they think more likely. Asking "Is it possible" is a dumb trap question.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:00 am
Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:58 am Which I don't mind if you're saying "ok possible but very unlikely"

What I'm not likely is how much I've to dig out of you? If you're town you're being difficult to work with and give out info, why? Can you not just give an actual answer people can work with rather than oh yes this is technically possible etc. Being literal is fine but it's very unhelpful and I'm getting that you don't want to contribute that much or upset the flow. Despite being in thread you're not doing a whole lot.
because I'm playing hereos of the storm rn
So you have enough time to read everything posted as soon as it's posted, reply instantly, vote, give opinions that suit you

But it stops for one or two little posts that might be slightly more difficult to answer and have you think on your feet?
I haven't been playing heroes of the storm since the game started.
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Duskfall »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 am
Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:01 am
I was clearly looking for more lmao, town shouldn't give the absolute minimum because they are trying to be constructive and develop the conversation/content not shut it down with as minimal answer as they can get away with no?
Yes and no. Yes town should provide information. No town shouldn't entertain every dumb question that enters their field of vision.

You asked a leading question which leads nowhere except an accusation. Just start at which one they think more likely. Asking "Is it possible" is a dumb trap question.
It really isn't lmao and even if was, highlighting it's a trap is better than nothing and would've been townier than avoiding any type of conversation or conflict outside their own terms
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 am Does anybody know of a HK wolf game where he came into the thread and actually engaged with fluffposting?
beezelbub the beningn on the syndicate
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

@Long Con

Can you explain your vote on HK please?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:07 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 am Does anybody know of a HK wolf game where he came into the thread and actually engaged with fluffposting?
Thanks! Unfortunately it's probably not AI then.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:08 am
Anyone who has AI fluffposting probably learns to not do that pretty quick tbh.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:10 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:08 am
Anyone who has AI fluffposting probably learns to not do that pretty quick tbh.
I looked at his town games and he doesn't do it that often their either tbh but in the wolf games I read he seemed particularly no nonsense.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

It's probably a bad read to go down anyway tbh.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'm not confident HK is town but I don't like his wagon and I certainly wouldn't go there today.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:07 am
It really isn't lmao and even if was, highlighting it's a trap is better than nothing and would've been townier than avoiding any type of conversation or conflict outside their own terms
Okay so lemme just bring in the battleships. E4. Not a hit? Damn.

1. Esooa has already given her opinion on which of HK/Gav were town (#346 if I remember right)

2. Asking "Is it possible" is a trap question because you have to be hyper specific answering it otherwise you're likely to miss some part of it out. Nailing someone on not answering your trap question when they've already given their preference on the two in question is....

Skeevy.

I don't like it.

Consider yourself watched.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 am I'm not confident HK is town but I don't like his wagon and I certainly wouldn't go there today.
Who would you go for?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Also I don't think requiring town to answer hyper specific trap questions or pointing them out is good.

It's completely unnecessary if all functioning parties have a brain.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Right now the second best wagon is on a slot with 3 posts that has done nothing AI.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Sorry, meant "all parties have a functioning brain"
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 am I'm not confident HK is town but I don't like his wagon and I certainly wouldn't go there today.
Who would you go for?
ATM? Herm.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I literally skimmed 70% of HK's posts cause he was getting mad and I didn't care and I completely skipped over Gav's case on him cause I didn't care about that either so I'm not gonna say much about them no matter how many times you ask. That's how mafia works
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:16 am Right now the second best wagon is on a slot with 3 posts that has done nothing AI.
I'm on Orange for pressure purposes. No primary intent to lynch yet.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:17 am
Who would you go for?
ATM? Herm.
I feel like you've already answered this, but if you haven't, gib reasons plas
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 106&t=2092

Beezelbub the benign. Had myself as town, Gavial as town, HK as scum (lynched day 1), Falcon as town, Long con as town.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

lmao
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:18 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:16 am Right now the second best wagon is on a slot with 3 posts that has done nothing AI.
I'm on Orange for pressure purposes. No primary intent to lynch yet.
Yeah I don't mind pressure votes there really, that was supposed to be more of a jab at everyone else's wagons.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:20 am https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 106&t=2092

Beezelbub the benign. Had myself as town, Gavial as town, HK as scum (lynched day 1), Falcon as town, Long con as town.
Thanks!
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I skimmed the games LC linked

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Who would you go for?
ATM? Herm.
I think his entrance was really awkward (particularly the "what kind of scum are you?" question as well as "Damn son!"). Feels like he's trying way too hard to try to fit in and failing (which was why I made my original vote since I never explained it at the time).

I also don't like his reaction to my vote. Given that myself and Herm have never spoken or interacted at all before this game / my vote on Herm, the fact that Herm doesn't ask me for any sort of clarification on my vote but immediately says that I'm wilding (I'm not quote sure what he means here but I'm assuming it means that my vote is crazy) but not any sort of scumread on me if it's a bad vote feels really ingenuine to me (and I'm pretty sure this TMIs me town if Herm is a wolf) and then the insistence that I would come round on him (again, despite never having interacted with me before this exchange - I had barely posted at this point either and could be any random) doesn't feel like a genuine thought process at all.

Also something I thought was interesting from Herm's reaction was that he seemed to have implicitly known my vote on him was serious without any sort of explanation (and overreacted)? This is weak but it makes me feel like Herm is already feeling guilty/paranoid about posts they've made (which fits my narrative of struggling to fit in as a wolf) and reacted weirdly as a result?

Not as much to say on his later posts but a lot of of them (almost all of the earlier ones) are awkward-feeling fluff, questions that don't really go anywhere or just commentary. I also think that having his only scumreads being pretty much "because Gavial said so" is nagl (especially because I might be missing this but I don't think Herm actually outed a TR on Gavial anywhere?).
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

now at this point Wiml and I have both written 1 case and both on the same player

See, we are the same player smh (Hally said earlier she doesn't think we are)
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Duskfall »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:17 am I literally skimmed 70% of HK's posts cause he was getting mad and I didn't care and I completely skipped over Gav's case on him cause I didn't care about that either so I'm not gonna say much about them no matter how many times you ask. That's how mafia works
At least ive learned you're the type of person that is negative utility talking to at the very least
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:57 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:17 am I literally skimmed 70% of HK's posts cause he was getting mad and I didn't care and I completely skipped over Gav's case on him cause I didn't care about that either so I'm not gonna say much about them no matter how many times you ask. That's how mafia works
At least ive learned you're the type of person that is negative utility talking to at the very least
sounds good to me. I don't really need other people to ask me questions
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:39 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:33 pm @Long Con

What's your top two non-HK reads?
Esooa, I don't really have another ping beyond that.

I can get on board with Alison and falcon as town.
What's your ping on Esooa?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:53 am
Who would you go for?
ATM? Herm.
I think his entrance was really awkward (particularly the "what kind of scum are you?" question as well as "Damn son!"). Feels like he's trying way too hard to try to fit in and failing (which was why I made my original vote since I never explained it at the time).

I also don't like his reaction to my vote. Given that myself and Herm have never spoken or interacted at all before this game / my vote on Herm, the fact that Herm doesn't ask me for any sort of clarification on my vote but immediately says that I'm wilding (I'm not quote sure what he means here but I'm assuming it means that my vote is crazy) but not any sort of scumread on me if it's a bad vote feels really ingenuine to me (and I'm pretty sure this TMIs me town if Herm is a wolf) and then the insistence that I would come round on him (again, despite never having interacted with me before this exchange - I had barely posted at this point either and could be any random) doesn't feel like a genuine thought process at all.

Also something I thought was interesting from Herm's reaction was that he seemed to have implicitly known my vote on him was serious without any sort of explanation (and overreacted)? This is weak but it makes me feel like Herm is already feeling guilty/paranoid about posts they've made (which fits my narrative of struggling to fit in as a wolf) and reacted weirdly as a result?

Not as much to say on his later posts but a lot of of them (almost all of the earlier ones) are awkward-feeling fluff, questions that don't really go anywhere or just commentary. I also think that having his only scumreads being pretty much "because Gavial said so" is nagl (especially because I might be missing this but I don't think Herm actually outed a TR on Gavial anywhere?).
Okay I was a bit weird on Wiml before this and didn't have a solid read, but I like this content.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:25 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 pm Esooa is trying to get you to dob in how you play as town or scum so she can call you on being similar to one or the other.
No. I actually want to learn how to read him accurately so I can go to Alison haha I can read him you can't
Good luck with that.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Looking at HK's wolf game and more confident he's town here.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Gavial wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:02 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:13 pm I kinda like Esooa so far. Might be trying to ride in my pocket but I just like their content so far.
Yeah this game, Esooa is just giving overall Townie vibes.
She's not that townie.

She's been tryharding lately though so it's a pretty good idea to wait and see if she comes out with something big.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:08 am so first of all

Herm has on read. It's a town read on me. He outed it after I wolf read him like close to 400 posts in the thread

Whether it's due to me wolf reading him or not, don't really know or care

But I think the fact that it's his only read, and that he outed it in such a weird way, means he's more likely mafia

It didn't feel natural. Why town read me then? He almost certainly didn't, so he had it before, so why not out it then?

Really all I can think is him going "I need to out some reads, Esooa is town"

Which can come from town? But it feels really scummy

Don't know if I'm explaining this properjly
I don't get why this is different from any of the other people townreading you
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:09 am
Herm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:12 pm Seems like Alison pinged Don Wurzel.

I'm placing Alison in my very tiny townpool for now. Looking forward to interact with the Wurzel.
oh, there was also this

It's pretty meh. I didn't think Alison did anything towny but I also know her. Don't know how Herm would perceive it but I'd say it's a pretty expect reaction regardless of his alignment. "Alison is being loud, forceful with reads, etc, so town"
I think I've been the towniest person in the game at the point this post was made tbh.

It's just that you know it's in my scum range to be the towniest person in the game so you don't give me credit for it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:10 am
Creature wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:39 pm Is this gonna be a loss?
Yeah probably
wolfy post
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

because I can track their town reads to the thread

herms not. which indicates to me it was made up
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:15 am My problem with Herm is he seems to be trying to participate more than actually participating. He's asking a lot of questions, but they don't really do anything, at all. I don't even need a read out of them but I would like to know he's thinking about them at least. Which I don't get the idea he is really ever. Here's some of the questions/attempts at participation I'm talking about
Herm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:48 pm Falcon, I have a question for you having read only 5% of the game so far.

What kind of scum are you?
Herm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:11 pm Wiml is wildin hard.
Herm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:43 am I do encourage anyone to vote whoever though.

I will try to read into the votes though.
Herm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 pm Updated some info about myself while everyone were busy pickpocketing!

Nice to meet everyone! Those who I have met with briefly before and those who I'm meeting for the first time.
The last quote just feels like he's having to force himself into thread. "Wiml is wildin hard" was immediately negated saying oh it was just a joke. Why does he say Wiml is wilding, say it was a joke, then end the topic? Does he not want to ask Wiml anything about Wiml's vote on him? These points are emphasized by posts like this
Herm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:12 pm Caught up.

I enjoy all the bird memes. Pretty good stuff.
Herm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:40 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Long Con going for that long con.
Where after catchup, his summarizing post is "I enjoy the bird memes," or his vote is, "Long Con going for that long con."
Okay I will sheep.

[VOTE: Herm] aubergine
Alison

Post by Alison »

Gavial wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:58 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:54 am I looked at Wiml's posts and realized he didn't actually say anything about the vote other than voting. So maybe you didn't really give a fuck

I figure I know why Wiml voted you so I considered it serious myself though
Wouldn’t be surprised in Wiml/HK/Falcon team with some other random wolf.
Falcon is obvious town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 am Yeah I agree with Ezooa's take on Wurzel. He makes himself obvious town as town.
so why is wurzel not making himself obvious town this game and has instead posted awkward self aware shit followed by dipping
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

if it matters the town read on me I dislike the second most is actually enders. His reasons were fine but not something I found to be justified under any real scrutiny. Though that's sometimes just how early game reads go
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:25 am Every reason I've seen for people voting HK right now is bad.
No it's not.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:11 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 am Yeah I agree with Ezooa's take on Wurzel. He makes himself obvious town as town.
so why is wurzel not making himself obvious town this game and has instead posted awkward self aware shit followed by dipping
because he made next to no posts and it's not that long into day 1
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:11 am if it matters the town read on me I dislike the second most is actually enders. His reasons were fine but not something I found to be justified under any real scrutiny. Though that's sometimes just how early game reads go
If Herm flips red I'll TR you
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:11 am if it matters the town read on me I dislike the second most is actually enders. His reasons were fine but not something I found to be justified under any real scrutiny. Though that's sometimes just how early game reads go
I've already moved on. And you'll probably tr anyways
Alison

Post by Alison »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:08 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:41 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:29 pm Hey look at me, getting involved in conversations that started before I woke up.

If I can do it, you can.

Give me a read. I don't care if it's as weak as a nerd on first gym day.
I think this post expresses genuine annoyance at Creature's behavior, which is townie.
Not to ruin people townreading me, but I genuinely wasn't annoyed there. Just poking their response back at them.
I double down on town read (unlike Alison apparently oopsie its my read now)
why
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:12 am
I've already moved on. And you'll probably tr anyways
If you do townie things I'll TR you.

Let me read your move off Herm.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:23 am Wrt my hk read:

It's mostly for meta/tone reasons. I've been looking for another HK wolf game to compare it to but you can't find them through his MU account for whatever reason.
Gavial is obvious town and HK is pushing him for bad reasons.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'm pretty sure SoD is after he usually goes to bed (he's a fellow brit). He's self resolving and out of the 5 or so people I have no real read on he's the one I'm least concerned about right now.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:28 am being annoyed at creature is NAI because I get annoyed at stuff creature does regardless of my alignment. I still want townies to play even if I'm mafia. I'm saying why I feel that way because it probably applies to Ender too
I don't, I feel warm and happy inside when townies troll the game and I am wolf.

Return to “Previous Jobs”