[Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Re: [Day 4] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by blindfaeth »

LittleTiger wrote:I am most definitely not hexed! I cast my vote for a baddie because, well, he is a baddie! I hope others will vote the same way... :srsnod:

@BF - I recall MP being suspicious of Daisy before she was killed.
Yes, I know he was suspicious with her, but he didn't make the connection that "oh, man-e-faces, a role-checker, killed SD so she must be bad" because he said RIPIYWG, that he guessed we'd never know about her alliance
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 264

Post by LittleTiger »

He-Man wrote:Hmm I see a push for BF, I don't buy it at all, Timmer is bad IMO and needs to be lynched. I'm not completely caught up but saw DH voted for himself :huh:
He is being controlled - as you will see when you catch up ;)

What is your opinion of BWT, He-Man?
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

I'm heading out soon, so voting now too.

*votes BWT*
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Zany Dex »

LT I'm feeling really good about you, I very much doubt your hexed and trust your case on BWT.

I will vote vote BWT I really don't like Timmers vote for BF and I would like spaghetti everywhere looked at more tomorrow.

Also, Dom and Dfaraday are quiet I know they're not normally top posters but I would like to hear more from them. And I have said it a lot lately probably because I'm concerned she is not fighting the good fight but where is FH. She is pinging me a lot.

And russ I wanna believe he is civ but something is holding me back.

Votes BWT
a stopped clock is right twice a day
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Going with DH as a self-preservation vote. I was hoping I could have been around more today, but at this point I'm going to have to go ahead and vote. Haven't had time to catch up any today either unfortunately, meaning haven't had a chance to defend myself any further. :(

At this point I have to put my hope in the thoughts that a fellow civvie has seen past some of my mistakes for what they really are, and is willing to give me a second chance. Because otherwise, I don't see how I survive this lynch at this rate. :( So if there is that kind-hearted civvie out there somewhere, I am begging you to go back, re-read what I said, and find it in yourself to spare me. Even if it is for just one more day!
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DFaraday »

He-Man wrote:LT I'm feeling really good about you, I very much doubt your hexed and trust your case on BWT.

I will vote vote BWT I really don't like Timmers vote for BF and I would like spaghetti everywhere looked at more tomorrow.

Also, Dom and Dfaraday are quiet I know they're not normally top posters but I would like to hear more from them. And I have said it a lot lately probably because I'm concerned she is not fighting the good fight but where is FH. She is pinging me a lot.

Votes BWT
I am a bit suspect of Russ right now, it feels like he might be trying to defend BWT. This, of course, is assuming that BWT is bad. I don't know what to think of BF right now, but I think I'm leaning civ on him.

*Votes BWT*
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Good to hear from you Dan, what do you think of snow dog?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

BF's suspicion of me seems kind of strange. I think that's where the hex is actually at today. He seemed to want to build up to a suspicion of me earlier as well when he emphasized how weird he thought it was that I wasn't like OMG DAISY WAS BAD I KNOW FOR 100%. I think it's because he opened a PM, saw he was hexed to vote me, and went "shit". Wouldn't surprise me one bit since Snake Mountain really hates me for some reason.

That being said, I don't want to get you in trouble, BF. I understand you cannot make it obvious. We will see if you vote for me again tomorrow.

If your suspicion of me is indeed genuine, then I will be more than happy to address anything you want from me. I have thought Daisy was suspicious all game, though I wavered on my absolute certainty of it. I didn't necessarily think Man-E-Faces targeted Daisy in particular as early as Night 1 or 2 (she wasn't exactly a huge source of attention) to role check her AND then kill her the subsequent night and be lucky enough to have both go through (60 and 40 % chances respectively). It actually does make much more sense that way, but I didn't initially see the fact that Daisy died and think that. I know I said that earlier, but I wanted to address this again since it didn't help your suspicion against me. I hope that helps.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

He-Man wrote:LT I'm feeling really good about you, I very much doubt your hexed and trust your case on BWT.

Votes BWT
I have to say I agree with you here about FH. I think she is definitely a possible Snake Mountain if she is bad.

Based on probability, that means BWT is probably on The Horde. But we shall see, I guess.

I think we need to look at the quiet players and examine what might be going on there, so I agree at looking at SE. I want to know if you have any particular reason though. I saw your back and forth with him the other night. What's your main reason on SE? And do you think Dom or DFaraday might be bad? I've been reading DFaraday as a civvie, Dom is just a ? for me. He hasn't really pinged me at all though, so I guess leaning a bit civvie there too.

I feel the same way with you about Russ. I've been leaning civvie on him all game, but his posts today have filled me with some doubt. I'm still tempted to trust him though.

Wow, I'm agreeing with you a lot. What the hell? Lol.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I'm not site on SE something felt off about my back and forth it seemed very opportunistic to me, something to keep an eye on. Nothing concrete though just gut.

I don't have a read on either dfaraday or Dom, I know they are crafty baddies so I'm apprehensive.

I feel the same as you on Russ.

And LOL I'm glad we're on the page.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

To be fair, FH has said elsewhere (and maybe in this game as well) that she is out of town for work and then attending a wedding this weekend.

As to BWT flipping Horde... pretty sure he will :)
ImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Fair enough about FH I look forward to her thoughts after the weekend. :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

He-Man wrote:I'm not site on SE something felt off about my back and forth it seemed very opportunistic to me, something to keep an eye on. Nothing concrete though just gut.

I don't have a read on either dfaraday or Dom, I know they are crafty baddies so I'm apprehensive.

I feel the same as you on Russ.

And LOL I'm glad we're on the page.
Understandable. Now that it's the weekend, I will get to re-read some more, maybe I'll check out that exchange particularly again. I'm entertaining the possibility Dom or DF to be bad, but IDK. Looking at the list there's more people that I definitely wonder might be bad above them.

LittleTiger wrote:To be fair, FH has said elsewhere (and maybe in this game as well) that she is out of town for work and then attending a wedding this weekend.

As to BWT flipping Horde... pretty sure he will :)
Oh, I forgot about that; I do remember her saying that now, thanks. I do look forward to seeing what she has to say about what's been recently discussed then.

I still can't help but partially shake the feeling she would make a good member of Snake Mountain, especially after her vote on Day 1 and a few posts of hers that have pinged me throughout. I'm not hell bent on it though, because other than that she's seemed civvie to me.

How are you reading her, LT? I know FH has been vocal about you, but I can't recall if you've said anything direct on FH or not recently. Apologies if I missed it.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'm going to vote BWT. Not to sound no u-y, but his suspicion of me sounds really contrived. I don't like it.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 316

Post by Snow Dog »

I will vote BWT too. His defence and his hopeless pleas for rescue are enough for me to give a thumbs down.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
AllAlongTheBoardwalk
Posts in topic: 33

Post by AllAlongTheBoardwalk »

Well, BWT seems to be the clear choice here, for reasons everyone else has stated but I don't care to restate (because it's Friday night and I have better things to be doing), anyway I'm pretty sure he's bad and I don't really have any other suspects at this point.

AND more importantly

I'm voting for him because he used blue text and my eyes still hurt.
Votes BWT, have a good weekend everybody.
Stormcrow
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Stormcrow »

Just read through the last few pages and I've nothing more to add than a few others have been saying. My vote is for birdwithteeth11
Is there any tea on this spaceship?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Yeah voting BWT as well for reaso s previously stated (he STILL never told us what area his Stridit info wad for, wtf?). It seems like a moot point now anyway though.

To MP and He-Man, as I said to LT, I'm not sure how reserving judgment u til I reread his posts equated to defending him.

And as a side note, are there any players He-Man hasn't listed as a possible baddie? It's just funny to me, his posts read like lists of names
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

By the way, wanted to quickly correct a mistake a lot of people discussing this have been making: Skeletor from Snake Mountain hexes people, not a Horde member.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote: Skeletor - The evil lord of destruction may use his Havoc Staff to place a hex on any player. While under Skeletor’s power, the target must vote during the day phase as Skeletor directs; the curse lasts two day periods.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Russtifinko wrote:By the way, wanted to quickly correct a mistake a lot of people discussing this have been making: Skeletor from Snake Mountain hexes people, not a Horde member.
We are also supposing that DH has been enslaved by The Horde - as his garbled posts seem to indicate, plus what was found in the wikia.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Post by Epignosis »

It's my dad's birthday, and he's just had surgery, so I'm talking to him on the phone. I'll be with you all momentarily.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:It's my dad's birthday, and he's just had surgery, so I'm talking to him on the phone. I'll be with you all momentarily.
Happy birthday and get well soon to Rob's dad!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Just Take your time Rob. Happy Birthday to your dad! Hope surgery went fine.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thank you- surgery was on his arm. It's all good, except he's high on Percocets. I could totally tell. And my dad is so cool. :biggrin:

Posts coming up!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 4: The Mystic Mountains

They had moved north from Andreenos, into the Mystic Mountains. They had spent the entire morning traveling, getting closer to the sky as they did.

When the light of dawn had spilled itself out upon them, it was noticed that a goat was trailing behind them. This goat seemed intent on following the group. Taking a quick census, they realized that they numbered twenty-four persons. They discovered that morning, that reywaS was no longer among them. And yet this goat bore a startling resemblance to the missing person.

Wind swept across the mountain heights, nearly blinding the party. As they moved, they argued about who should die next, and it quickly became apparent that birdwithteeth11 should be exposed. The mob grabbed him and were ready to throw him off the mountainside. A blinding wind blew, seemingly in all directions.

When it stopped, the person in the hands of the assailants was blindfaeth, not birdwithteeth11.

“How did this happen?” someone cried.

The wind responded with indifference.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 4: Ambushed

Stunned as they were, no one noticed the ambush.

From multiple places the mountain seemed to spew forth lizard-like creatures, wielding weapons and prepared for bloodshed. Forgetting their feud for a time, the party gathered together, holding what weapons they had to protect themselves from the sudden skirmish.

One of the creatures raised high an axe, prepared to split the terrified face of one of the travelers. As hope failed, an arrow found its way through the sinewy neck of the fiend.

Arrows continued to come despite the wind, and the numbers of the ambushing group diminished, until at last they were routed.

The stranger in the distance came closer.

“Who is that?” someone asked.

“While I should not speak ill of my saviors,” thellama73 said, “There is truth to the maxim that tells us the Andreenids are a mistrustful and deceptive people. They had no intention of burying me. Instead, they wanted a foreign body on which they could experiment, for you see, they consider it dishonorable to perform such test on the bodies of their own.

“Andreenid scientists, so I’m told, developed an elixir primarily from their Ambrosia and a rare root found here in the Mystic Mountains. They claimed that it can reverse death. In fact, they say my form changed as they tried to revive me, but that it went back to this magical disguise when I came back to life. To make a long story short, they were successful,” thellama73 said, spinning for his audience. “They were so thrilled that their experiment went as well as it did, that they gave me a vial of the elixir for my efforts against that creature Webstor!”

As he was explaining himself, the party witnessed throngs of lizard-like creatures, similar to the ones that attacked them, advancing on a distant, raised city- Avion.

“We must help them,” thellama73 said.

thellama73 has been revived.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 4: Avion

Led by thellama73’s skill in moving gracefully around the enemy, the party came to a tall stalk of a mountain. There was no way to reach the top of the city.

But they heard sobbing.

“Who goes there?” someone shouted.

A woman appeared behind a small rock formation.

Through her weeping, she said, “I am Delora, wife of Stratos! I have not seen him for some time, and we are constantly under attack. If the Ilkort get the Egg of Avion, we will lose flight!”

The Ilkort advanced upon the city.

“We have defenses in the air,” Delora said. “But we need help on the ground. How can you assist us?”

A nearby weaponsmith was ready to hand out arms.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DharmaHelper »

A perfect touch of goat and the BŽS railway line. No. 24
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 40

Post by AceofSpaces »

Shit, I am so sorry I missed the vote. It's been an exhausting couple of days. I would have probably voted for BWT.

Also, Happy Birthday to Epi's dad.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

BOOYAKASHA Suckaz!

I told you you hadn't seen the last of me!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Welcome back llama.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Welcome back llama.
Thank you very much, DP.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [Night 4] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Awesome, assuming you are indeed good (which I think you were/are)! Welcome back, llama!

Looking at the poll, seems we have to choose a weapon. Does any of the other Stridor voters have knowledge of this area/poll by chance?
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by indiglo »

WBIYAG Llama!

Hey, I think I maybe just made up a new mafia acronym! Is that true?? ;airguitar:

Ok, weapons. I have no info, but I will do some research and share the results. Of course, my research didn't help me much with the food choices, but maybe this time it will work better.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Right, let's examine our choices here. (I've missed this sort of analysis, being dead and all, so excuse me for diving right in.)
Sword seems the obvious option. It's light, versatile, and capable of inflicting serious damage.
Everyone likes the sound of axes, but in reality they're pretty terrible as tactical weapons, especially in a defensive scenario.
Maces are fun, but generally work best against the undead, as they are not so good at cutting through things
Spears could be useful in a defensive posture, so they are an option, but I am a little wary of them since they require two hands and only have one small pointy bit that could snap off.
Halberds are good against charging horses and absolutely nothing else. A huge gamble.

I will have to think carefully on this.

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Summary:
The Ilkorts, a tribe of monsters who are the mortal enemies of the bird-people of Avion, launch an attack on the people. In spite of He-Man, Teela and Man-At-Arms' resistance, they capture Delora, Stratos' wife. Skeletor uses this confusion to steal the Emerald Staff, Avion's most precious artifact, which enables the people to fly. Without it, the people of Avion will lose this ability.
He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Teela and Stratos form a rescue squad to free Delora and get the staff back. In Snake Mountain, the Ilkorts, Skeletor and several illusions await them. In addition, Skeletor summons Haramesh, a huge monster, using the power of the staff. Skeletor uses his magic to make an army of clone Deloras. He-Man's Power Sword unravels the illusions and Delora is set free. Haramesh proves to be too strong, even for He-Man. In that moment Stratos grabs the staff from Skeletor who loses its power and Haramesh is destroyed and the staff is returned to its rightful place in Avion.

Notes:
In this minicomic it is established that the people of Avion draw their power of flight from the magical Emerald Staff. Whereas in the later animated series, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, it is stated that the jet packs the people wear draw their power from the Egg of Avion.
This story was adapted from the first season cartoon episode "Reign of the Monster".
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

EBWOP:

Oops, must have clicked Img instead of URL. Here's the link:

http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Avion

XOXO Epi Girl
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Welcome back llama!!!! :)

As for the poll, I think the obvious choice will be a sword.

And :huh: did BWT escape the lynch???
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

It looks that way to me, at least for now, LT. How strange, BF only 1 vote (Timmer). DH had 2 votes (MP & DH). BWT had 13 votes. So make sense out of that, if you can!

What kind of creatures are Ilkorts? I can't seem to find a basic explanation of that.

I'm wondering if people who pick "the wrong weapon" are going to die? Or exactly what will happen to them. I'm certainly not going to rush to vote, that's for sure!

XOXO Epi Girl
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You can add music: best Monday NoMAS.exe. I hope that now, in the winter

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LittleTiger wrote:Welcome back llama!!!! :)

As for the poll, I think the obvious choice will be a sword.

And :huh: did BWT escape the lynch???
Why would the sword be the most obvious, out of curiosity? For reasons similar to what llama stated?

And are you kidding me? I looked back through the posts and you're right, it does seem at the end of the first post to imply that BF will die instead of BWT. WTF. :WTF: I guess we'll see if that actually happens or not, but that's not promising.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

indiglo wrote:It looks that way to me, at least for now, LT. How strange, BF only 1 vote (Timmer). DH had 2 votes (MP & DH). BWT had 13 votes. So make sense out of that, if you can!

What kind of creatures are Ilkorts? I can't seem to find a basic explanation of that.

I'm wondering if people who pick "the wrong weapon" are going to die? Or exactly what will happen to them. I'm certainly not going to rush to vote, that's for sure!
I don't get it. I do find it strange timmer voted BF though, especially since I don't think timmer was hexed.

I'm wondering that same thing, and that was my first thought. However, knowing Robert and his love of dice, I'm wondering if each weapon might correspond to a dice roll and we each are pitted against a random number of enemies. If we don't roll favorably enough perhaps a designated amount of times in a row to defend ourselves, then maybe we die?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Therefore, it is Hassan. To get better weapons and tenaluomu persons, compared with the most important theater. - See more at: http://ackuna.com/badtranslator#sthash.u11h7vZl.dpuf

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:Therefore, it is Hassan. To get better weapons and tenaluomu persons, compared with the most important theater.
:sigh:

ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Therefore, it is Hassan. To get better weapons and tenaluomu persons, compared with the most important theater.

Hmmm... are you saying the setting/world type place (sorry I don't know accurate terminology) should help us pick our weapons?

XOXO Epi Girl
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

indiglo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Hmmm... are you saying the setting/world type place (sorry I don't know accurate terminology) should help us pick our weapons?
The biggest problem, and what you can do.

ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Finally found something! Ugly little suckers, ain't they?

XOXO Epi Girl
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

After careful consideration, I'm gonna go spear. If I'm defending a mountain from invaders, I want something with a little reach.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Can I talk yet? I was silenced for a day and the day is up right? I'm going to assume so. Tomorrow I'm out for most of the day because of an appointment but will be back in the thread early tomorrow evening.

I had some other things to say but the lynch has really overshadowed those things. I'm thinking the BWT lynch may have turned into a lynch switch with BF. In the games I've played to do a lynch switch the person you're going to switch to has to have a vote. This is probably too early to be guessing since we don't find out the lynch outcome until tomorrow but that's whats in my head at the moment but I'm going to at least check the roles to see who has a lynch switch.

I don't know what weapon to choose and judging from what people are saying I need to think about it before I jump on one of the answers.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”