TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
Transcend
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: matt/soda

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs

Post by Transcend »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 pm anyways i don't rly tr lime and imma keep my vote here for the time being

i did entertain the thought of him possibly being tmi'd as town due to all the dissent for my vote

but he's still kinda scummy and he may just be in there deeper than ppl think

i also fos ender but i'm gonna try and not be a confbiased pos here just because i feel like i'm on to something
I can't tell if you're reading me here in good faith or not. You're saying that my vote on Illario was based off of bad reasoning, when what I've been saying IS true.
maybe so but the timing of the vote was potentially calculated and the rest of ur posts don't ooze of town, like i'd expect them to if u were town

i'm not locked on this, it's just where i'mma focus for now
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 892
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

i feel like people have this idea that if brad doesn't get angry and all caps and flame or something then he's wolf because that makes him obvious town and i know he's trying to be better and stop that so i'm like...... mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it annoys me because how is he actually wolfy by play at all?
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:15 pm
ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:13 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:12 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:07 pm Alison have you played with ilario before? I think this may be stylistic clash between you and him because this is how he's like as town imo

same with ilario on Alison
Suppose I accept that this level of emotional discomfort and rejection of logic is typical of him as town.

What has he done that's actually townie?
lmaooooo where did i reject logic?
I explained to you why pretending like LC is lock town early on is something that is unsupported by actual evidence and that would only be done by wolves with TMI. You attempted to brush this off by explaining that at least one townie has done it. This is an illogical argument because proving that at least one townie has done something does not stop it from being >rand wolf. You have also not engaged with the actual logic underpinning the read.
where did i locktown him?

eh i feel like this is a circular argument we're having, because youre so convinced your argument is concrete, when i know fmpov it has no basis because i KNOW im town. the actual evidence was my previous experience with lime, why is my experience unsupported when alexas reasoning follows the exact same basis?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

maybe i'm being dumb with my read there though
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:20 pm i feel like people have this idea that if brad doesn't get angry and all caps and flame or something then he's wolf because that makes him obvious town and i know he's trying to be better and stop that so i'm like...... mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it annoys me because how is he actually wolfy by play at all?
that's not true

i'm more waiting for something that really challenges the thread from him

i haven't rlly seen that just yet and it's slightly alarming
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

who are these people btw
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Is in what names in use go with what names that I see
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:22 pm who are these people btw
four of us (me, alexa, ilario, Lime Coke) played together on a now deceased website

i am doggo nice to meet u.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:23 pm Is in what names in use go with what names that I see
im matt or soda, both of which are in my aka
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:22 pm who are these people btw
i am alexa
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

i hate day 1 so bad
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 370
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:20 pm i feel like people have this idea that if brad doesn't get angry and all caps and flame or something then he's wolf because that makes him obvious town and i know he's trying to be better and stop that so i'm like...... mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it annoys me because how is he actually wolfy by play at all?
It's early day 1 and I know I'll be obvious town as the game goes on. Typically people who are good/can read me will find me town as the game goes on.

But yeah I'm actively NOT trying to rage and get better at not getting annoyed because of my MU ban.

Spoiler: show
Sooooo yeah don't give me a town!rage meta because that's kinda fucked up. 😒

Not talking to Alexa specifically because she understands, but talking to others about this.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:15 pm
ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:14 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:13 pm
ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 pm hedging, another buzzword.

let me save you the time, you should probably accuse me of omgus, fencesitting and i think by that time you would have exhausted every generic read in the book lol.
Not a buzzword. Every opinion you stated in the quoted post was qualified.
my very first post in the game was 4 reads. was that hedgey?
No, which was why I didn't call it hedgey. I called another of your posts hedgey.
lmaooo

so why is it unreasonble for me to have a hedgey opinion 10 pages into the game? like if all my posts are hedgey then sure. if i knew everyones alignment for sure 10 pages into mafia id have gotten bored of this game a very long time ago.

fwiw in a world ur town, which im starting to think you MIGHT be, i used to play just like you. coming straight into the game tunneling reads from page 1. ive veered away from it because its bad for thread health and all you achieve is that you put the entire focus on two slots and give everyone else a pass to slide under the radar in a world where we're tvt. all you've achieved is hinder both our processes in evaluating other slots because we've been so focussed in a circular argument that seems to be based on a difference of perspective more than anything else.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Also don't fucking force me to rage either, that's completely fucked up and I don't want to be doing that shit.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:25 pm
It's early day 1 and I know I'll be obvious town as the game goes on. Typically people who are good/can read me will find me town as the game goes on.

But yeah I'm actively NOT trying to rage and get better at not getting annoyed because of my MU ban.

Not talking to Alexa specifically because she understands, but talking to others about this.
yeah mood
i don't like to say this because it gives people expectations but in all my past games i'm obvious town by like d3/4
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

k now brad's starting to towntell but i just wanna see some spicy takes from him this game
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm Also don't fucking force me to rage either, that's completely fucked up and I don't want to be doing that shit.
fwiw you are already obvious town to me

unless i'm wrong then never again
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:25 pm

yeah mood
i don't like to say this because it gives people expectations but in all my past games i'm obvious town by like d3/4
I know I'm putting this on myself too because of how I've acted in games. But I've gotten that read in a past game from someone else and it got to me.
It's like you with the whole "I expect better" read. Like it's a bullshit scale to go off of.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

man i get the urge to vote alexa every time she makes a scummy post but then she makes 2 towny posts afterwards lol
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 pm k now brad's starting to towntell but i just wanna see some spicy takes from him this game
It'll get there, I'm building my town core this game but I'm being a bit more careful.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 pm man i get the urge to vote alexa every time she makes a scummy post but then she makes 2 towny posts afterwards lol
what are my scummy posts?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 pm k now brad's starting to towntell but i just wanna see some spicy takes from him this game
It'll get there, I'm building my town core this game but I'm being a bit more careful.
i don't rly associate town!brad w/ being careful

u tend to be pretty loose when ur town and u just out ur thoughts the moment u have them
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 pm man i get the urge to vote alexa every time she makes a scummy post but then she makes 2 towny posts afterwards lol
I might actually be oblivious to this shit actually because I rarely scumread her posts, but I haven't really been wrong.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:31 pm
https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/searc ... 2&sr=posts
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:32 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:31 pm
https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/searc ... 2&sr=posts
THATS LITERALLY A LINK TO MY ISO
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm
lmaooo

so why is it unreasonble for me to have a hedgey opinion 10 pages into the game? like if all my posts are hedgey then sure. if i knew everyones alignment for sure 10 pages into mafia id have gotten bored of this game a very long time ago.

fwiw in a world ur town, which im starting to think you MIGHT be, i used to play just like you. coming straight into the game tunneling reads from page 1. ive veered away from it because its bad for thread health and all you achieve is that you put the entire focus on two slots and give everyone else a pass to slide under the radar in a world where we're tvt. all you've achieved is hinder both our processes in evaluating other slots because we've been so focussed in a circular argument that seems to be based on a difference of perspective more than anything else.
If you come into the game firing 4 reads out the barrel and then suddenly make a mega hedge post later on that is cause for concern.

I find that my playstyle is extremely effective and does not allow scum to slip pass the radar at all. I have achieved pretty good success as town with my style of play. Perhaps you find yourself unable to focus on anything else, or constantly degenerating the threadstate, when you attack someone early on. But I suffer from no such malady.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

jk
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm Also don't fucking force me to rage either, that's completely fucked up and I don't want to be doing that shit.

but this one is slightly weird
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:31 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 pm
i don't rly associate town!brad w/ being careful

u tend to be pretty loose when ur town and u just out ur thoughts the moment u have them
Well I've had recent games where I've built a towncore that's fucked with mafia members in it. So instead of rushing to conclusions I'm trying to not put town in a shit situation after I die.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:33 pm jk

whenever i make a read on someone being obvious town i feel good about it but then a slight ping of paranoia so yeah
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:33 pm
lmaooo

If you come into the game firing 4 reads out the barrel and then suddenly make a mega hedge post later on that is cause for concern.

I find that my playstyle is extremely effective and does not allow scum to slip pass the radar at all. I have achieved pretty good success as town with my style of play. Perhaps you find yourself unable to focus on anything else, or constantly degenerating the threadstate, when you attack someone early on. But I suffer from no such malady.
lol ill take your word for it

talk me through your reads on everyone else atm
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

lmaooo

the funny thing is i townread ilario harder from the way you're describing his game because it's spot on of what he does as town lmao (and i haven't bbeen reading his actual posts that closely)
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:34 pm

whenever i make a read on someone being obvious town i feel good about it but then a slight ping of paranoia so yeah
ok i can relate

town core: me, alison, ale, ilario, tony

ur halfway into the towncore, u need to do a little bit more to get the "xa" in there
Alison

Post by Alison »

Nobody is forcing you to do anything.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:36 pm
Nobody is forcing you to do anything.
I know they're not. I'm just afraid of someone in a future game deciding to go at me and get me to rage in order to get me to town tell.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:36 pm

ok i can relate

ur halfway into the towncore, u need to do a little bit more to get the "xa" in there
what got alison in there so strongly?

i'm finding her to be towny but not to ilario levels
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

What's the post cap in this game per day?
Alison

Post by Alison »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:35 pm
lmaooo

the funny thing is i townread ilario harder from the way you're describing his game because it's spot on of what he does as town lmao (and i haven't bbeen reading his actual posts that closely)
Why does he do that as town?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

lmaooo

also, if you're town you already disproved your own argument with how you've went about interacting with my slot. you have been unable to focus on anything else with regards to my slot, because all you were doing as labelling everything i did as scummy instead of trying to consider why i would be doing what i did as town. so yeah in a way, you just proved my point on why tunneling asap on d1 is bad.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm What's the post cap in this game per day?
Not that I think I'll hit it but just wondering.
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 532
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:52 pm I also agree LC hasn't locked himself town.

But if he hasn't locked himself town by d2/d3 that's when I'll flip. Not going to total him for half a day of not being obv
now this screams of agenda

screams of putting someone on the back burner to get rid of someone else
Apparently I always scream agenda to you.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:40 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:36 pm

ok i can relate

what got alison in there so strongly?

i'm finding her to be towny but not to ilario levels
her entrance was p fiery and i liked it.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm
lmaooo

as town he is very like... stream-of-conscious
so he will out a ton of reads and then like reconsider/question then and talk about it and all of it is a complete lack of caring about his image or progression, he'll just say what's on his read. so the way you described it anyway reminded me of his towngame
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm
lmaooo

because people tend to have very polarized reactions to this playstyle and it helps generate content which makes reading other slots easier. id argue the game was a lot more rvs-ish/NAI until i started posting.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:56 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:55 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:54 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:52 pm I also agree LC hasn't locked himself town.

But if he hasn't locked himself town by d2/d3 that's when I'll flip. Not going to total him for half a day of not being obv
this feels like a villagery thought as well
It lessens my suspicion of him but I don't think it's actively villagery. Ender is pretty null to me right now.
On a scale of 1-10 what is Ender's scum game?
You know, I'll take it.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 pm

now this screams of agenda

screams of putting someone on the back burner to get rid of someone else
Apparently I always scream agenda to you.
Live representation of Ender screaming agenda.

alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm
lmaooo

also, if you're town you already disproved your own argument with how you've went about interacting with my slot. you have been unable to focus on anything else with regards to my slot, because all you were doing as labelling everything i did as scummy instead of trying to consider why i would be doing what i did as town. so yeah in a way, you just proved my point on why tunneling asap on d1 is bad.
fwiw i feel like if me/you/alison are t/t/t this is like the lime matrix game (remember i told you alison reminded me of sara w/being hit or miss tunnel !!!), and it's a situation where she's tunneling you because it's your first time playing and she doesn't know your style yet, she can very very easily be a villager
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:03 pm ok but what is wolfy is that he's not gonna pay any mind to the slot until then, whereas everyone else is closely looking at him. some with town stances, some with scum stances.
Where did I say I'll pay no mind to it?

I said:
a. He hasn't locked himself town yet (true)
b. I'm not going to go after him until d2/3 when he'll either be obvious town or obvious scum.

Never said I'm ignoring him until then what.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:45 pm
ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm
lmaooo

fwiw i feel like if me/you/alison are t/t/t this is like the lime matrix game (remember i told you alison reminded me of sara w/being hit or miss tunnel !!!), and it's a situation where she's tunneling you because it's your first time playing and she doesn't know your style yet, she can very very easily be a villager
i am starting to lean on her just being a tunneled villager
Alison

Post by Alison »

ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:35 pm lol ill take your word for it

talk me through your reads on everyone else atm
I think Alexa is townie. EnderWiggin is null which might actually be concerning because he usually makes a big splash when he is town. I have been on board with Esooa and Nanook's reads of Mac and I don't think he's a target they would try to either misexe or bus if they were scum which means they are most likely town. LC as explained is self resolving. I think Transcend is slightly scummy because I don't understand any of his reads, but he seems committed to towncoring me which means he will dig himself into a whole if he is scum attempting a pocket.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:46 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:03 pm ok but what is wolfy is that he's not gonna pay any mind to the slot until then, whereas everyone else is closely looking at him. some with town stances, some with scum stances.
Where did I say I'll pay no mind to it?

I said:
a. He hasn't locked himself town yet (true)
b. I'm not going to go after him until d2/3 when he'll either be obvious town or obvious scum.

Never said I'm ignoring him until then what.
a yea
b fine? i guess? idk why you would restrict urself to not voting someone for one day..

Return to “Previous Heists”