TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 892
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs

Post by alexa »

okay i'm mostly caught up so i'll ISO LC now
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i really don't know what matt's seeing? this ISO instantly feels like a waste of my time, brad's just town
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

One thing I liked about wiml is how he handled his tr of me and Alexa. Like back in chat mafia there were two players, Julia and bobert who would always find each other as town and whenever I was mafia I would get so frustrated over that. What I mean by this is that wimls reaction to what he feels like alexa being obvious town for example and his subsequent reaction to me doesn’t feel like a grumpy maf that now has two slots he can’t ever justifiably push after how hard he townread us already. I found his vibe to be more of positivity when he was referring to us as freebies and that he only needs 5 more to lock the game.

It is something easy to fake but usually when people are annoyed they don’t really think of these things since they’re too busy being annoyed.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:43 am Esooa thinking she caught Wiml in a slip feels villagery
oh yeah when she was describing that

yeah that was another reason i found her villagery but forgot to mention
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

like specifically the way Brad is reading illariio as well and like challenging illario's read on him i don't think comes from him as wolf
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

VVV: ilario
VV: Lime Coke
V: Esooa, Wiml, Alison

[Mac, NANO, TSP, Transcend, Ender]
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

quick hedgy thoughts on [Mac, NANO, TSP, Transcend, Ender]

kinda don't care about the meta on TSP because i've never witnessed it. he could be villaging but i'm never going to say "not doing anything, a villager" about someone actively aware of their own village meta

some of Mac's re-evaluations of his reads do seem villagery to me, but there is enough doubt from Alison who clearly has much more experience that i don't feel any degree of confidence there

NANOOK exists

Ender I liked based on his opening but I have no idea of his meta and it seems like people are saying he's solidly in both his ranges so I need to see more from him

Transcend i am starting to wolfread, but possibly with too much confidence (i feel i could be in my head and starting to tunnel there)
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

illario is doubly town
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa I hope you're more than 95% confident this time though lol.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:05 am alexa I hope you're more than 95% confident this time though lol.
i won't put a % to it but he's my most confident townread
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

:puppy:
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:06 am
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:05 am alexa I hope you're more than 95% confident this time though lol.
That was me taking a jab at what happened in the ultimate tiebreaker lol.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:07 am :puppy:
LOL oh. i think i called him 95% town in deck mafia 2 though

ultimate tiebreaker was the first game i ever got pinged enough to feel like i had to ISO illario and if it weren't for everyone telling me i was wrong i would've kept pushing him (i was literally planning to vote him in LYLO if i was alive) so yeah
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

(well the first game on MU anyway)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

@MacDougall do you really think that Alison would try to derpclear herself like that as mafia?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:10 am @MacDougall do you really think that Alison would try to derpclear herself like that as mafia?
to be fair, she said she would

but i unironically think her saying she would and telling people to call it NAI is villagery
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:04 am quick hedgy thoughts on [Mac, NANO, TSP, Transcend, Ender]

kinda don't care about the meta on TSP because i've never witnessed it. he could be villaging but i'm never going to say "not doing anything, a villager" about someone actively aware of their own village meta

some of Mac's re-evaluations of his reads do seem villagery to me, but there is enough doubt from Alison who clearly has much more experience that i don't feel any degree of confidence there

NANOOK exists

Ender I liked based on his opening but I have no idea of his meta and it seems like people are saying he's solidly in both his ranges so I need to see more from him

Transcend i am starting to wolfread, but possibly with too much confidence (i feel i could be in my head and starting to tunnel there)
as much as i didnt want to say it at the time

i do think tsps refusal to engage with me on his read may be >rand town. as scum you atleast want to look like u have a reason for your pushes.

i think nano/trans makes sense as a team to me. esp when trans was trying to push on people who were voting me. he had 3 options:you/lime/nanook. he didnt pick u for obvious reasons, so why did he choose lime over nanook? when lime was more towny than nanook. i think theres some partner equity there...
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:09 am

ultimate tiebreaker was the first game i ever got pinged enough to feel like i had to ISO illario and if it weren't for everyone telling me i was wrong i would've kept pushing him (i was literally planning to vote him in LYLO if i was alive) so yeah
Yeah I wanted to check I wasn't misclearing him terribly and I think his wolf game has improved by a lot but what I said about him being a very A to B sort of wolf is absolutely still the case, as is the tonal difference (albeit milder).
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

like ttrans even asked me why i trd lime and i said why and he said i made a good point. he could have just joined in me voting nanook after i said that but he didnt o.O
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:11 am
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:04 am quick hedgy thoughts on [Mac, NANO, TSP, Transcend, Ender]

NANOOK exists

i do think tsps refusal to engage with me on his read may be >rand town. as scum you atleast want to look like u have a reason for your pushes.

i think nano/trans makes sense as a team to me. esp when trans was trying to push on people who were voting me. he had 3 options:you/lime/nanook. he didnt pick u for obvious reasons, so why did he choose lime over nanook? when lime was more towny than nanook. i think theres some partner equity there...
possibly/nothing outrules it, i just don't see enough from NANOOK to have any sort of read there

has anyone here played with NANOOK and know anything about his meta?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:13 am

Yeah I wanted to check I wasn't misclearing him terribly and I think his wolf game has improved by a lot but what I said about him being a very A to B sort of wolf is absolutely still the case, as is the tonal difference (albeit milder).
he's not an easy wolf to catch imo because he has some village games he's less obvious than others so it's hard to sort those from his wolf game but this game just feels like an obvious villager game to me
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:10 am
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:10 am @MacDougall do you really think that Alison would try to derpclear herself like that as mafia?
to be fair, she said she would

but i unironically think her saying she would and telling people to call it NAI is villagery
I've said similar sorts of stuff when I've been townreas for embarrassing (but true) reasons in the past. I think faking a slip like that would be really out of character for her tbh. That's mostly why I'm interested in why Mac thinks it's >rand wolf regardless.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Hiiiii I'm on my computer but I'm spending most of the time backreading what I missed.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

HEY the first game u saw me as wolf i was rusty af and havent randed wolf in a loooooong time, i wouldnt say that was me improving as much as it was just me not being rusty and started to get decent at being a wolf again.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:14 am
ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:11 am

NANOOK exists

possibly/nothing outrules it, i just don't see enough from NANOOK to have any sort of read there

has anyone here played with NANOOK and know anything about his meta?
I gave no idea how to read him but yes.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:16 am

he's not an easy wolf to catch imo because he has some village games he's less obvious than others so it's hard to sort those from his wolf game but this game just feels like an obvious villager game to me
Yeah this is pretty much the same for Esooa as well. She can be super obvious town and then has a lot of 50/50 split games as well.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:18 am

HEY the first game u saw me as wolf i was rusty af and havent randed wolf in a loooooong time, i wouldnt say that was me improving as much as it was just me not being rusty and started to get decent at being a wolf again.
Don't worry I still think you're a scary wolf lol.

My first wolf game on MU spawned a meme and a copypasta it was so bad.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

can i see the meme? o.O
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Was that the game u just posted a whole page of content by yourself
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i like how people called my first page scummy when i just posted a bunch of meme copypastas from wolves that i planned to post before receiving my role card
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:21 am can i see the meme? o.O
The meme is just people reading me based on the number if exclamation marks I post.

Sometimes ironically, sometimes somebody will do it unironically and I will die a little on the inside.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:22 am Was that the game u just posted a whole page of content by yourself
Yeah lol. I was so annoyed that nobody was playing so I just decided to do a victory lap.

The official explanation is that I did it so I would have a precident to save the Elijah alt the next time he literally outed himself.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:23 am i like how people called my first page scummy when i just posted a bunch of meme copypastas from wolves that i planned to post before receiving my role card
Tbf when you apologised for your scumminess I accepted that apology immediately and locked you as town.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:26 am
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:23 am i like how people called my first page scummy when i just posted a bunch of meme copypastas from wolves that i planned to post before receiving my role card
Tbf when you apologised for your scumminess I accepted that apology immediately and locked you as town.
as you should
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Aight well im off to sleep gnnn

Half expecting myself to wake up tomorrow to seeing a bunch of towny lines from nanook and then I’m gonna be unsure on who to push anymore

Oh yeah, also, I leave all my tabs open on my pc so if it shows that I’m online but not responding then that’s why.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Touched on it earlier but Esooa coming into the thread and immediately having a bunch of snap reads that change very quickly is actually wolfy for her.

She is very aware that she can do that as a wolf to get easy towncred and she's also aware that I tend to compulsively townread it myself lol. Particularly the Mac read feels like a switch for the sake of switching tbh.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:50 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:36 pm [VOTE: ilario] aubergine

Im hard defending alexa, a decision i surely will not regret
if I was to dare make a nanook read it would be a simple one post town read for this post
Dare bb, take a leap of faith with me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:34 am Aight well im off to sleep gnnn

Half expecting myself to wake up tomorrow to seeing a bunch of towny lines from nanook and then I’m gonna be unsure on who to push anymore

Oh yeah, also, I leave all my tabs open on my pc so if it shows that I’m online but not responding then that’s why.
I already have a bunch of towny lines smh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Actually her early read on alexa is fine though.

What are people doing on obvtown transcend, smh hes billboard town
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Esooa's read on me tracks with what I expect from her but nothing particularly to add there.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Yeah Esooa pushing the alison derpclear stance is super towny for reasons I've already explained (and she explained herself that I think are accurate lol).

She's probably just town just from that if I'm being honest.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Like especially if alison is actually town then that's a really good look for her I think. She's not the type to townside like that as a wolf at all and she pushed the take pretty hard from what I've seen.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:29 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:20 am
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:20 am honestly I don't think Alison would fake the dumb tell as wolf
she just said that she would lol
why should I listen to her
Yeah this is exactly the same reaction I had to when alexa said it to me as well lol.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I had a call for a dentist appointment during that. I reached to page 22.

Alison wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:54 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:27 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:23 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:20 am
ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:19 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:02 am mac is slowly becoming my top tr lol
yah it seems like all the "1p players" rolled town. i wonder if the game really is as easy as nanook + x
prolly not

but that's only because a good chunk of this game has an amazing scum range lol
such as?
me
ilario
alexa
lime coke
esooa
alison
probably u

as for the rest of the players i don't know what they are or aren't capable of
You think LC has an amazing scum range?
I know you would know how bad my scum range is. But still... 😭
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:55 am if wiml is town then esooa/Alison/ilario/transcend contain wolves with ilario/esooa or ilario/Alison or transcend/Alison being the team

if Alison is town its wiml/transcend with esooa as swing

if transcend is town it's just wiml/ilario

if ilario is town wiml is always a wolf

if esooa is town it's wiml/transcend with Alison as swing
I'm actually townreading for Mac for that post, I'm including the Esooa reply because it's funny and true.
I wouldn't see a mafia player making THAT many preflip partner/non partner links. If the man is actually mafia making a post like that, he's a psychopath.

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:57 am so is lemon cock
God...dammit :haha:
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:52 am
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:50 am
Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:00 am
alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:39 pm townreading alison this early when she is known as the best wolf on the syndicate is sus
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:14 am anyways im going to bed

VVV: Alison, Ilario, LimeCoke
VV: Transcend, EnderWiggin
~
everyone else
W: Mac
you townread Alison for making one or two posts that were easily within her wolfrange
i townread her after engaging with her about her read on ilario

she is still probably in her wolf range mind you ive heard from multiple people that she shouldn't be townread until she actually buries wolves but after wolfing with her i feel like she's not as hard to read as people say.
People always have paranoia about town reading players who are good wolves

I personally say fuck it and hard town read them for dumb tells
I make a plan pregame to keep people with good scumranges at null until they do something, then Day 1 townread them anyways because fuck it, why not?

Speaking of, I still townread Esooa.

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:22 am here's the rub

my d1 reads are like whatever. They mean fuck all. They maybe like better than rand (the legit first post reads) but mostly they are just content for the content gods.

If my reads are good I survive most of the time because wolves that know me are afraid of town sheeping my legacy.

So when i die n1 you should never sheep my legacy aside from my wtf one post early game reads but only a little.
Wait, people actually listen to dead town reads on this site? Holy fuck, my size 7 font legacy reads might be taken seriously then.
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:27 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:26 am What’s Alexa’s wolf game like
Very good but when she's town you know about it.
Basically this.

ALEXA TOWN

tho.

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:26 am What’s Alexa’s wolf game like
like my towngame but i remove the things people tend to scumread me for as town, so i remove:

-LAMIST posts
-emotional breakdowns
-townreading people off nothing

and i don't buss w/out reason

stuff like that, bit of self-meta. you probably can't apply it here as much though because i've played enough games with people at this table that i'd try to do things specifically to trick them if i was wolfing
here's my best wolf game: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... bing-Mafia
The self awareness is strong as fuck.

Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:52 am Like especially if alison is actually town then that's a really good look for her I think. She's not the type to townside like that as a wolf at all and she pushed the take pretty hard from what I've seen.
Show me derp clear plz
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Lol
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Also while I was backreading Alexa changed her avi like 4 times during that it was confusing me. :goofp:
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:56 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:53 pm Is there a deadline to this? If I call Mac mafia too late do I get no towncred?
Yeah, but you also have to be serious about it. You can't just jokingly call him scum in RVS. Esooa had an actual good reason for scumreading Mac and that's good. Nanook... just called a post partners and vanished, so maybe I shouldn't be giving him as much cred, but I do think he's unlikely to make #177 if all three people in that interaction are buddies.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Once again I hit page 22. I'm going to have to get ready and drive out to work. Depending on how busy the day is I'll be capable of continuing my backread but don't expect much detail in what I do. I've been both alignments on this site and I can say that reading through games is awful on phone.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Yeah so my read on Esooa is pretty much that the rest of her ISO is meh but she's very likely town if alison is and I think alison is town now.

Return to “Previous Heists”