TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 532
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs

Post by EnderWiggin »

All the energy I have for it is that a lot of people's self-based play is town-centred. What I'm considering is where people are caring more about how they are perceived over other information.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

ilario wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:59 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:08 am
ilario wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:36 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:52 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:45 pm Nanook, I had the instant urge to counter what you said because I don't remember you explaining your read on Matt besides volume cleared and because of my ADHD, but I forced myself to spot-check your ISO and I still don't see anything besides this -
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:11 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:09 pm

having a huge number of posts is completely NAI for him

and which one's of them are incredibly towny?
Idk that any of them are incredibly towny on their own, but there's a bunch that are somewhere between townie and kinda townie, and collectively that's enough for me to call him town
Considering Matt doesn't have volume tells (self-admitted and confirmed by multiple people who know him) I don't see any other reasoning? I don't get why you're just outright ignoring that
I didn't explain it at the time, no. So what? Do you think me saying now "yeah I think trans had a really strong opening" would matter to anyone? Unlikely, given that presumably the people voting him have read his opening and are voting him anyways, yeah? So I presented the part of the read i thought might be more compelling instead. Which hasn't worked, but it at least had a chance to.

Correct, I am ignoring it. Because it isn't a pure volume tell--if you guys say he can make 300 or 400 something posts as mafia, then ok sure maybe he can. Its a volume of townie posts, as I've said previously--he has a significant number of posts i think are kind of townie to pretty townie, so based on that collectively I think he's town. It isn't about one specific post, it isn't about just looking at a post count number, its about a critical mass of posts that I read and think "yeah thats townie" to the point that I just townread him.

He looks to me like he's trying to work with people and getting increasingly annoyed when those people are scumreading him. It seems to me that he's more frustrated at not being able to work with people than at being scumread. I think that's townie.
thats an interesting point because i feel like ive had a very similar reaction, did you get an otherwise impression on me to state that isnt the case?
I don't understand at all what you're asking me, rephrase it maybe?
it feeels like u tr'd transcend for something that i also did, so i was just asking where you got the impression that i havent been trying to work with people/have not been frustrated for the same thing transcend was frustrated at.
I got that impression from him. I didn't get it from you. Either because you're mafia or because I'm not picking up your tone properly. Dunno which. Its not a reason to SR you, but yeah, im not getting that same vibe from you so it doesn't factor into my read.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:03 am why is my self-based play less scummy than mac's?
It might have something to do with the dog avatar.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

So Transcend.
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:04 am
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:45 pm Nanook, I had the instant urge to counter what you said because I don't remember you explaining your read on Matt besides volume cleared and because of my ADHD, but I forced myself to spot-check your ISO and I still don't see anything besides this -
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:11 pm

Idk that any of them are incredibly towny on their own, but there's a bunch that are somewhere between townie and kinda townie, and collectively that's enough for me to call him town
Considering Matt doesn't have volume tells (self-admitted and confirmed by multiple people who know him) I don't see any other reasoning? I don't get why you're just outright ignoring that
I didn't explain it at the time, no. So what? Do you think me saying now "yeah I think trans had a really strong opening" would matter to anyone? Unlikely, given that presumably the people voting him have read his opening and are voting him anyways, yeah? So I presented the part of the read i thought might be more compelling instead. Which hasn't worked, but it at least had a chance to.

Correct, I am ignoring it. Because it isn't a pure volume tell--if you guys say he can make 300 or 400 something posts as mafia, then ok sure maybe he can. Its a volume of townie posts, as I've said previously--he has a significant number of posts i think are kind of townie to pretty townie, so based on that collectively I think he's town. It isn't about one specific post, it isn't about just looking at a post count number, its about a critical mass of posts that I read and think "yeah thats townie" to the point that I just townread him.

He looks to me like he's trying to work with people and getting increasingly annoyed when those people are scumreading him. It seems to me that he's more frustrated at not being able to work with people than at being scumread. I think that's townie.
thats an interesting point because i feel like ive had a very similar reaction, did you get an otherwise impression on me to state that isnt the case?
it feeels like u tr'd transcend for something that i also did, so i was just asking where you got the impression that i havent been trying to work with people/have not been frustrated for the same thing transcend was frustrated at.
I got that impression from him. I didn't get it from you. Either because you're mafia or because I'm not picking up your tone properly. Dunno which. Its not a reason to SR you, but yeah, im not getting that same vibe from you so it doesn't factor into my read.
what kinda vibe do i give you?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Why do my thoughts and opinions matter so much to you?
Transcend
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: matt/soda

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:04 am All the energy I have for it is that a lot of people's self-based play is town-centred. What I'm considering is where people are caring more about how they are perceived over other information.
ok this is valid but why did u hide this explanation under the term "self-based"
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:05 am Why do my thoughts and opinions matter so much to you?
cause i'm trying to solve the game? everyone's thoughts matter to me...
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:06 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:04 am All the energy I have for it is that a lot of people's self-based play is town-centred. What I'm considering is where people are caring more about how they are perceived over other information.
ok this is valid but why did u hide this explanation under the term "self-based"
It's what I've always called it? :shrug:
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:05 am Why do my thoughts and opinions matter so much to you?
cause i'm trying to solve the game? everyone's thoughts matter to me...
Heartwarming.

You'll have to wait until my WIM returns from the war.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:07 am
It's what I've always called it? :shrug:
perhaps i just misinterpreted how u define self-based but whatever now that i'm done being a dumbfuck

why is my alignment to u only dependent on one other person in this game

this to me shows u have done very little to solve me, the most controversial spot in the game
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

by not attempting to solve my slot this gives me the impression that u might be having others do ur dirty work while u shift ur agenda elsewhere without getting any blood on ur hands
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Look, if you want to have that opinion I don't care.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

why not

i feel others would find it strange u haven't done much to solve my slot

ilario wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:04 am

what kinda vibe do i give you?
Heh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wait for it

A scummy one

Boom nailed him
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

ts is prob like

esooa
alison
wiml
-
alexa
ilario
brad
-
nanook
tony
-
mac
ender

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:18 am ts is prob like

esooa
alison
wiml
-
alexa
ilario
brad
-
nanook
tony
-
mac
ender
W O W ok rude this is very bad manners son
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

dude neither u or tony has given me any good reason to vote ilario

if u can do that maybe u can be higher on the list

i don't even think ur scum but i can't tr either of u that hard

[VOTE: enderwiggin] aubergine
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

if u r town trying to vote out mafia why r u doing the bare minimum to explain ur read especially when it defies thread consensus

i don't understand ur approach but i don't sr it either
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:05 am Currently in Esooa/Wiml/TSP/Nanook right now.

Pending stuff from Wiml.
can't forget that this initial poe reeked of suck

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:21 am if u r town trying to vote out mafia why r u doing the bare minimum to explain ur read especially when it defies thread consensus

I don't really "make pushes" or "case people," I just say my reads and eventually people listen to them and/or I die
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:31 am
Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:04 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:04 am
Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:56 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:55 am
Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:43 am
ilario wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:42 am

but then whose mafia?
toying with ender/mac rn but i'll let u know my final solve with detailed reads after i'm done with like the last 6 pages
Lmao.
what's so funny?
Mac/Me as a pairing.
why?
We've been actively trying to get each other flipped at multiple points today.

Or at least I have. Can't actually tell if Mac is being fully serious or not.
this exchange also slightly gives me the feeling that ender was more concerned about my team read on him rather than my independent sr on him

which makes me feel like i might be on to something
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:25 am
Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:21 am if u r town trying to vote out mafia why r u doing the bare minimum to explain ur read especially when it defies thread consensus

I don't really "make pushes" or "case people," I just say my reads and eventually people listen to them and/or I die
who is another wolf besides ilario

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:25 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:25 am

who is another wolf besides ilario
Pick one out of mac wiml Alison lime
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

ok

idk if i vibe w much of that but

ok
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

If "Being scumread" = "Not answering all the questions exactly as people want me to answer them." then I guess I'll be scumread.

For the record, it takes a lot of wim for me to actually be townread no matter how many questions I answer on things, for some fucking reason, and I just do not have the energy for it today.

Anyways basically everyone has me in their poe so I'm either a designated miskill for mafia or I'm being bussed, and you don't bus d1 of a mountainous game very often so you know what that means

I'm thread spewed town baby
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:27 am If "Being scumread" = "Not answering all the questions exactly as people want me to answer them." then I guess I'll be scumread.

For the record, it takes a lot of wim for me to actually be townread no matter how many questions I answer on things, for some fucking reason, and I just do not have the energy for it today.
do work on my slot, show your work, and maybe you can be town again

until then i'm going to be tunneled on u being scum

Its also ridiculous that I have 114 posts and its the second lowest total in the game

Yall need to find some chill
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

i'm not asking for much, just a little bit more than

town if x is maf

or maf if x is town

that's lazy as shit

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:29 am i'm not asking for much, just a little bit more than

town if x is maf

or maf if x is town

that's lazy as shit
Thats how you solve games
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

i'll leave now doesn't seem like the thread is poppin tonight and i doubt i'll wake up to much
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:28 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:27 am If "Being scumread" = "Not answering all the questions exactly as people want me to answer them." then I guess I'll be scumread.

do work on my slot, show your work, and maybe you can be town again

until then i'm going to be tunneled on u being scum
If me being townread requires me to follow specific steps like a mannequin.

Then no.

Tunnel me.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Can u at least understand where i'm coming from

Ideally mannequins don't take steps

If they do you may want to call Bill Murray
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:34 am Ideally mannequins don't take steps
You have a point.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:33 am Can u at least understand where i'm coming from
Why does this matter?
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:28 am Anyways basically everyone has me in their poe so I'm either a designated miskill for mafia or I'm being bussed, and you don't bus d1 of a mountainous game very often so you know what that means

lol, i dont hate this post tbh
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:35 am
Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:33 am Can u at least understand where i'm coming from
Why does this matter?
Cause i sr u for not having a solid stance on me

And if ur town i don't want to sr u

ilario wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:35 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:28 am Anyways basically everyone has me in their poe so I'm either a designated miskill for mafia or I'm being bussed, and you don't bus d1 of a mountainous game very often so you know what that means

lol, i dont hate this post tbh
Yeah I make a pretty compelling argument

I'm going to bed, my kid is out of the house most of the day tomorrow so I will very likely be asleep for eod

Not still asleep, asleep again
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:38 am I'm going to bed, my kid is out of the house most of the day tomorrow so I will very likely be asleep for eod
I'm still in the house...
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Can u remind everyone that i'm billboard town father?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Damn guess i'm on my own

Everyone, remember that my newly adopted son transcend is billboard town

Return to “Previous Heists”