TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:26 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:24 pm
alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:21 pm matt you genuinely thought it was majority?

so you thought i tried to blitz you and that made me outed (despite this being a mountanous with multiple MLs and you know if i'm a wolf i'd set myself up to go deep)? and despite me vocalizing suspicion on you with everyone in the thread all day knowing in a w!me v!you world i'd have no problem getting you flipped without "blitzing"? like you were self-voting to test if anyone would blitz you day one in a forum game..? i'm just kind of baffled by this logic

can you explain your thought process? @Transcend
As absurd as it is it's probably the towniest thing he's done all game lol.
i thought the first post about him saying to flip him and to sheep Esooa in the future was towny, but the subsequent post on me being "outed" makes no sense to me from a logical villager perspective (and yes i do feel like all the times we've caught matt as wolf it's been based on his wildt logic)
Well yeah I was mostly referring to the first post there tbh. The second I'm really conflicted on.
Transcend
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: matt/soda

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:21 pm matt you genuinely thought it was majority?

so you thought i tried to blitz you and that made me outed (despite this being a mountanous with multiple MLs and you know if i'm a wolf i'd set myself up to go deep)? and despite me vocalizing suspicion on you with everyone in the thread all day knowing in a w!me v!you world i'd have no problem getting you flipped without "blitzing"? like you were self-voting to test if anyone would blitz you day one in a forum game..? i'm just kind of baffled by this logic

i thought the first post about him saying to flip him and to sheep Esooa in the future was towny, but the subsequent post on me being "outed" makes no sense to me from a logical villager perspective (and yes i do feel like all the times we've caught matt as wolf it's been based on his wildt logic)
Calm down it doesn't even matter

I thought I was big brain-ing but I just big-brained myself

And yes it's a viable thought because scum can and will quickhammer and get away with it or make it look like an accident
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 892
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:30 pm

Calm down it doesn't even matter

I thought I was big brain-ing but I just big-brained myself

And yes it's a viable thought because scum can and will quickhammer and get away with it or make it look like an accident
i mean.. this may be true like a vote before lylo..

but day one in a 9 v 2 mountanous on someone who looks like they're going over anyway?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

The fact that it's not maj d1 doesn't matter anymore so just drop it

If you focus too much on that you're going to lose

So stop
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

It doesn't matter who is getting d1ed, if you cut the day short when there's still plenty of time left, it's suspicious.

But it doesn't fucking matter since it's a timed day, I just thought it was maj.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

U tr esooa

She has 100% track of reading me

U struggle reading me

She reads me as town

Do urself a favor and sheep ur tr
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:27 pm @Wiml why did you think my saying Alexa may be a wolf was wolfy
Because she's obvious town and you should know it lol. Thecway you're approaching akexa this game reminds me a lot of Shakespeare.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:39 pm U tr esooa

U struggle reading me

She reads me as town

i'm not voting you rn
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:39 pm

U struggle reading me

She reads me as town

i'm not voting you rn
Good, if u keep it that way u have at minimum a 22% chance of voting maf
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

U struggle reading me

She reads me as town

I don't actually have 100% track

I've wolf read you when you were town iirc
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:39 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:27 pm @Wiml why did you think my saying Alexa may be a wolf was wolfy
Because she's obvious town and you should know it lol. Thecway you're approaching akexa this game reminds me a lot of Shakespeare.
you think Alexa is so obvious town she's just lock never reval? Really?
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

and my posts about Alexa were nothing like shake speare. In that game I aggressively discredited town reads on her day 1 and called her wolfy

this game the Alexa "wolf read" was still framed as town reading her but at worst opening a push on a later day

how is that comparable
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:43 pm
That's not what I'm saying at all so no.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:47 pm
That's not what I'm saying at all so no.
you're saying I should know she's obvious town as if the fact I even brought up some things that give me apprehensions is wolfy
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:02 pm hi (sorry for scumminess)
i think this post was super villagery from alexa, she was very aware of her own scumminess and proclaimed it in a way she'd be hesitant to as wolf, and she even apologized for it, making her lock town never reval
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:19 pm Alexa isn't cleared imo
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:20 pm I'm gonna need to read her ISO tbh I'm just saying stuff cause I dislike we're all at a consensus
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:21 pm I've found her linking exact posts from previous games to be weird. Kinda showy in a wolfy way imo
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:22 pm that's why I asked her about her approach to the game. It's a bit over eager. Maybe she's just excited. Maybe she's trying to protect town as a wolf
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:24 pm Did Alexa say she agreed with illarios random theory and thought similar? Did she really? eh
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

fwiw i don't think esooa bringing up suspicions w/me was wolfy, she has adamantly fought against people for volume clearing me as t/t and i'm under the impression that she has respect for my wolfplay so idm
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:49 pm
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:20 pm I'm gonna need to read her ISO tbh I'm just saying stuff cause I dislike we're all at a consensus
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:21 pm I've found her linking exact posts from previous games to be weird. Kinda showy in a wolfy way imo
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:22 pm that's why I asked her about her approach to the game. It's a bit over eager. Maybe she's just excited. Maybe she's trying to protect town as a wolf
Esooa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:24 pm Did Alexa say she agreed with illarios random theory and thought similar? Did she really? eh
i think your actual suspicions are bad though because i'm always an over eager villager, i link exact posts all the time, and the theory made sense considering it was EXACTLY what transcend did with marl in our last game but i can understand you having the thoughts
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:50 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:49 pm
i think your actual suspicions are bad though because i'm always an over eager villager, i link exact posts all the time, and the theory made sense considering it was EXACTLY what transcend did with marl in our last game but i can understand you having the thoughts
well that's why I don't actually wolf read you
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:45 pm and my posts about Alexa were nothing like shake speare. In that game I aggressively discredited town reads on her day 1 and called her wolfy

this game the Alexa "wolf read" was still framed as town reading her but at worst opening a push on a later day

how is that comparable
What I'm saying is that I think you as a wolf would be setting yourself up to push alexa or at least damage her credibility. I don't think you would see alexa as a viable miselim or a priority nightkill tbh but she has a loud enough voice and is clearing enough players where I think you would always try to put yourself in a position to discredit her like you did in Shakespeare and that was what I was concerned that your out of nowhere "alexa isn't as obvious town as you all think" read was coming from.

This is useless anyway lol.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 370
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I do. 👀
Hi Matt!
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm at work so I'll try to get on and post and shit but I don't have the time to read what I missed while I was gone.

Is there anything special that i missed?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:13 pm I'm at work so I'll try to get on and post and shit but I don't have the time to read what I missed while I was gone.

When did you leave?

But I don't think anything huge has happened tbh, thread has been a lot quieter than yesterday. Actual discussion around Transcend is finally happening as well.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:16 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:13 pm I'm at work so I'll try to get on and post and shit but I don't have the time to read what I missed while I was gone.

When did you leave?

But I don't think anything huge has happened tbh, thread has been a lot quieter than yesterday. Actual discussion around Transcend is finally happening as well.
...last night when I went to bed... did you think I was here the whole time? :haha:
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Always remember, even when Brad is not there, Brad will be there.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:18 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:16 pm

When did you leave?

...last night when I went to bed... did you think I was here the whole time? :haha:
That's harder for me to estimate because I'm not American lol.

Mostly I would just look at Transcend's recent posts if you get the time.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

@Esooa explain to me what's wrong about my read on Transcend please.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:22 pm Can I get a Guinness World Record for most time discussed during a D1 in a mafia game?

Discussion about my slot has clogged up this entire fucking day. I'm glad y'all are obsessed but holy shit you're gonna get nowhere if you only evaluate one person when you have nine others to look at.
But tbf it would be a lot easier if you helped us here.

Please stop self voting, who do you want to see wagoned atm?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Transcend wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:00 pm @JaggedJimmyJay jagg

I'm hammered now flip me

Next game just sheep esooa on me. Good luck tomorrow <3
Transcend not leaving any sort of legacy here was pinging me but tbh I think he mostly covered that in his second post.

Like it's not a good legacy but it doesn't feel plastic / apathetic like this post would just as a standalone.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

If Trans is town then it's going to be from those posts more than anything else tbh.

@alexa do you have any opinion on if Transcend would fake something like that? If he were a wolf in that position, do you think he'd be faking the entire thing or actually attempting to self hammer on purpose?

I think the latter is fairly obvious to me but I'm interested in your opinion on it regardless.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i'm kind of confused by transcend saying i'm bad at reading him ngl when i've caught him every time he's been wolf eventually

i don't think we have the t/t basis for him to make that call
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:46 pm If Trans is town then it's going to be from those posts more than anything else tbh.

@alexa do you have any opinion on if Transcend would fake something like that? If he were a wolf in that position, do you think he'd be faking the entire thing or actually attempting to self hammer on purpose?

I think the latter is fairly obvious to me but I'm interested in your opinion on it regardless.
i found it gut-villagery but absolutely something squarely in his wolf range
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:48 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:46 pm If Trans is town then it's going to be from those posts more than anything else tbh.

Thanks. Have you seen him do similar before as either alignment?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i think i've seen him do it as both alignments? i can't remember which he's done it as more
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Right, thanks.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:50 pm

yeah i just answered this but i remember specifically him doing it in chat mafia a lot
i swear i recall him doing it in forum games on EM (which means he was probably a wolf because lolmatt) but sadly i can't read the exact games to compare
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:52 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:50 pm

yeah i just answered this but i remember specifically him doing it in chat mafia a lot
i swear i recall him doing it in forum games on EM (which means he was probably a wolf because lolmatt) but sadly i can't read the exact games to compare
Right, thanks. (2)
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... -test-game

this might be a better comparison than MCM because he actually had some time to play after subbing in?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

he definitely ATE'd me a lot (i was jillian)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:57 pm https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... -test-game

this might be a better comparison than MCM because he actually had some time to play after subbing in?
I also hadn't realised there was a better wolf game to read him off than the one Esooa linked, thanks.

I wasn't putting too much stock into how he played in that game because of what you'd said earlier so it was annoying to try to compare just his town game to here when the formats are so different.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Haven't gotten to the AtE bit but yeah his reads are super iffy in the wolf game as well im the sense that they almost all feel thoughtless or unbelievable.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa sorry for keeping bothering you lol is that game a good representation of Transcend's wolf range?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:12 pm alexa sorry for keeping bothering you lol is that game a good representation of Transcend's wolf range?
i'm pretty sure he was in anti-spew from the start because he was caught early so the entire day was basically antispew (so no, his best wolf games were on EM by a landslide)

but he's arguably been partially in anti-spew here if he's wolf because of how early we pushed on him soooooo i dunno
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:14 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:12 pm alexa sorry for keeping bothering you lol is that game a good representation of Transcend's wolf range?
i'm pretty sure he was in anti-spew from the start because he was caught early so the entire day was basically antispew (so no, his best wolf games were on EM by a landslide)

but he's arguably been partially in anti-spew here if he's wolf because of how early we pushed on him soooooo i dunno
I think that wolf game is actually a fair bit worse than his ISO here tbh.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Obsesst
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

he subbed into a slot we were calling scum already iirc
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:15 pm

i agree from looking at it, tbqh, but most of his ISO there was him anti-spewing
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:16 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:15 pm

i agree from looking at it, tbqh, but most of his ISO there was him anti-spewing
I'm not far enough in to say for sure but do any of his reads actually have any sort of progression?

They all seem very anchored up until the point where I'm at, whereas in this game I don't think his hedginess on the LC read is inherently towny but he at least is putting effort into a read that he's already made instead of just ignoring or pushing it.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:02 pm hi (sorry for scumminess)
I don't trust you.

Return to “Previous Heists”