41%

Total votes: 17
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: The Witcher Mafia [Day 3]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Alison ender Michelle poison sig tsp urist scotty rondo are my town (some reads some for mech)

That leaves a poe of 9 (if i can count right), in that poe i want to kill epi the most, everyone else i don't think I really care about order
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 930
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Ok back to bed
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 930
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:08 pm Alison ender Michelle poison sig tsp urist scotty rondo are my town (some reads some for mech)

That leaves a poe of 9 (if i can count right), in that poe i want to kill epi the most, everyone else i don't think I really care about order
Also thanks for the reply
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 263

Post by Master Radishes »

I see I have a wall from Ender to read.

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:06 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:05 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:02 pm It really does not matter if I explain my reads or not lol, they aren't going to be followed either way. That's fine, let's just not pretend it isn't the case.
who do you think is scum?
Epi
can I get 4 more names on the list in descending order of strength of read?
I laid out my towncore, outside of epi I dont think I really care about order within my poe. Thats not usually how I think, I tend to operate more in groups than a strict hierarchy
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 135

Post by falcon45ca »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:06 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:03 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:53 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:33 pm It doesn't matter i don't have enough of a thread presence for my reads to be given weight
alright then if you aren't gonna explain don't complain nobody is listening to you.
I appreciate the attempt
tinfoil nanook is looking to get green cred for when I flip town and Alison is wrong
Wait, do you find Nook scummy or not? Quit hedging.

Also, you seem exorbitantly concerned about getting lynched given the votes on you. Why?
You're asking me to not have tinfoil? no, I will always have tinfoil. Nanook is still leaning town its when we clear people up and people re-read thread that comment is for.

Because A) I am shaking the tree in my own way, everything is content and B ) why not?
You're "shaking the tree" seems to be just reacting to things that directly concern you. That's pretty myopic view of the game, you don't really seem bothered by anything that isn't focused on your slot.

It's like you're shaking a leaf, not a tree.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Alison
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I think falcon is pretty townie here
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME why is it epi?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Okay I gave up reading Ender's wall.

As far as I can tell @EnderWiggin you don't like I'm hedgey. Well...too bad? Like I'm not a Mac or Tutuu who confidently and abrasively overstates reads. I hesitate on everything because I always find counterarguments to myself.

You pulled up one game of meta to compare and not only did it contain equally hedgey posts which you seem to ignore or underweigh, but that's a small sample size. I can link you games of other town games of mine if you want and you can see the same thing.

You also point out I don't show progression on reads, like Scotty I think it was. Again, yeah, no, I don't. Not D1 anyway. Like sometimes I will of course, if I find a strong town or scumread. But I don't play D1s very seriously and mostly just let things unfold in their own right and let my impressions swirl together in my head. I don't state everything in thread.

A lot of this is predicated on my activity/presence level imo, even if you don't outright state it is. I struggled to get into this game because it was so active and I just...don't have time in my life to dedicate to such a high intensity game. I work, I have a wife who needs attention and feeding, I have things to do. I play in snippets, like 30 mins in the morning, 30 mins after work before I make dinner, an hour after my wife falls asleep, etc. (The one exception was Tuesday, and you'll notice my activity spike in my iso then I bet.) I can't keep up right now in a game like this, not properly anyway. I can't read everything and everyone and make solid reads and give insightful takes. I do best when I'm in sync with the threadstate and outside of one moment D2 where I felt like I was finally vibing with a few people, I'm still finding this roster too large to get a firm grasp of everything going on.

D3, now, for instance - this is the first moment in 24 hours since the round began I've been able to devote time to it. I've missed 800 posts and now am playing catch up. And as soon as I am done this post I'm going to get ready for bed, do some other stuff I need to do (flavour on MU; for integrity reasons won't say more), and watch a show with my wife. And I'll wake up tomorrow and again be behind and then go to work etc.

This turned into a bit of a rant and I should probably edit that down but don't have time to. Basically I think your concerns about me are steeped more or less in 'he's not here/doing enough/showing his every thought' and yeah, no, I'm not. That does not make me scum.

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:21 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME why is it epi?
I tried explaining to Joe, ill pull it up. I can't articulate it in a way that's convincing, but im reasonably confident in it.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 833

Post by tutuu »

I dont MR scum slipped btw, i ignored it but like cmon

Koba said "u guys better sheep me after i die"

Mr said "haha i dont read dead villagers legacy"

This isnt TMI that koba is town lol, dont diss my boi MR like that. He was just sharing how he plays

(He still scum tho i think but ye)
Master Radishes
Hitman

Wallposts bad.

tl;dr you're nitpicking because I'm not present/talky enough
Master Radishes
Hitman

Oh right and the scum slip.

In a sense you're right. As soon as I made the post I was like 'they're definitely gonna say I have TMI by calling Koba a vill' and tried to head that off by saying the bit I hadn't said out loud next.

But yeah, that's not TMI, that's me just treating every unflipped player as a villager by default.

Re: The Witcher Mafia [Day 2]

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:41 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:37 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:32 am I need to find more trusted town. There isn't enough obvious town outside of Ted now that Kza died. I almost feel obliged to treat people I'm sus of as townfirms for the benefit of the gamestate.

Maybe I need to reassess everyone on skim. I will do that.
I'm literally right here, wow
Well see the reason I want trusted town is so I can solve as a group and I tried to engage you on your Epi read and you memed at me so even if you are town you're not the type of town I am currently sourcing.
Idk what to tell you, he did his mafia stuff...he has seemingly no plan, he's posting a fair amount but most of its that kind of grey area not quite fluff but not quite reads either stuff, he makes consistent excuses for not having thoughts (in a vacuum this is whatever in combination with the no plan thing its scummy)

Basically hes trying but not in a townie way, idk if that makes sense as a way to describe it
All I am seeing is Epi being Epi?
Yeah its hard to articulate thats why I gave you a meme response instead

Its like

So he's presenting as "i don't have much time but idgaf" town epi yeah, with some flippant responses and stealing my gimmick

But he's actually been here a fair bit by his posting and his rl excuses are in practice excusing lack of thoughts more than they are lack of presence

And lack of presence town epi is, at least in my experience, keenly aware of his lack of presence and tries to find other ways to contribute. I really doubt town epi without a ton of time to devote to the game shoots town (admittedly a town he doesnt care for), then just goes on his marry well with seemingly no plan for how to contribute to the town moving forward.

Like it's not an ironclad read but I feel reasonably good about it, it's just super hard for me to articulate it in a convincing fashion that people can't just wave off as "thats just epi lol"
@Alison
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Apologies for the dumb read

But im a bit puzzled at how fast MR wrote that wall

In 15 minutes he read (a bit) of enderd wall and wrote all of that

My vote isn't needed on radishes rn but if it were needed it would totally be there

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:28 pm Apologies for the dumb read

I don't think that's a hard couple paragraphs for him to write quickly tbh
Master Radishes
Hitman

I didn't stop to proofread or edit or anything.

And I didn't read all of Ender's quoted posts of mine. Just skimmed his interpretations of them and got the gist. May have missed specific concerns he had tbh. He can point them out if he wants.
Master Radishes
Hitman

And tutuu I saw your pings and no I didn't visit you N2 or anything.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I'll try to come back before I fall asleep tonight but I won't have much time this round and may just give up if it's going to be a waste of my time.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:33 pm I'll try to come back before I fall asleep tonight but I won't have much time this round and may just give up if it's going to be a waste of my time.
U could claim if u want, tomorrow

I dont see anything else saving u, sorry if u town fam
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:24 pm Okay I gave up reading Ender's wall.

As far as I can tell @EnderWiggin you don't like I'm hedgey. Well...too bad? Like I'm not a Mac or Tutuu who confidently and abrasively overstates reads. I hesitate on everything because I always find counterarguments to myself.

You pulled up one game of meta to compare and not only did it contain equally hedgey posts which you seem to ignore or underweigh, but that's a small sample size. I can link you games of other town games of mine if you want and you can see the same thing.

You also point out I don't show progression on reads, like Scotty I think it was. Again, yeah, no, I don't. Not D1 anyway. Like sometimes I will of course, if I find a strong town or scumread. But I don't play D1s very seriously and mostly just let things unfold in their own right and let my impressions swirl together in my head. I don't state everything in thread.

A lot of this is predicated on my activity/presence level imo, even if you don't outright state it is. I struggled to get into this game because it was so active and I just...don't have time in my life to dedicate to such a high intensity game. I work, I have a wife who needs attention and feeding, I have things to do. I play in snippets, like 30 mins in the morning, 30 mins after work before I make dinner, an hour after my wife falls asleep, etc. (The one exception was Tuesday, and you'll notice my activity spike in my iso then I bet.) I can't keep up right now in a game like this, not properly anyway. I can't read everything and everyone and make solid reads and give insightful takes. I do best when I'm in sync with the threadstate and outside of one moment D2 where I felt like I was finally vibing with a few people, I'm still finding this roster too large to get a firm grasp of everything going on.

D3, now, for instance - this is the first moment in 24 hours since the round began I've been able to devote time to it. I've missed 800 posts and now am playing catch up. And as soon as I am done this post I'm going to get ready for bed, do some other stuff I need to do (flavour on MU; for integrity reasons won't say more), and watch a show with my wife. And I'll wake up tomorrow and again be behind and then go to work etc.

This turned into a bit of a rant and I should probably edit that down but don't have time to. Basically I think your concerns about me are steeped more or less in 'he's not here/doing enough/showing his every thought' and yeah, no, I'm not. That does not make me scum.
Do you & the missus watch Downton Abbey? I just started and now that's how I hear your posts.

[VOTE: UNVOTE] aubergine

I'll give you some space for now.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine

It's leaf shakin' time
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 334

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:14 pm I think falcon is pretty townie here
Y
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Sigh, i hate Ate because i am sensitive to the lack of time expressed in this way. But spending time with our life partners/working/sleeping is NAI though, the alignament doesn't depend on this.
Yes is possible for me to be wrong on Radishes, but the reality of the thread shows everyone has a villagery part and this is seen by a part of the players and sometimes one who knows they are busy needs one ally more than anything.
I know if i had BTSC with someone I would say at least good morning in the chat and I would mention in a few words about my lack of time.

Probably that is not a slip like tutuu mentioned, but i think lack of communication can be rather from a wolf imo

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Michelle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:52 pm Sigh, i hate Ate because i am sensitive to the lack of time expressed in this way. But spending time with our life partners/working/sleeping is NAI though, the alignament doesn't depend on this.
Yes is possible for me to be wrong on Radishes, but the reality of the thread shows everyone has a villagery part and this is seen by a part of the players and sometimes one who knows they are busy needs one ally more than anything.
I know if i had BTSC with someone I would say at least good morning in the chat and I would mention in a few words about my lack of time.

Probably that is not a slip like tutuu mentioned, but i think lack of communication can be rather from a wolf imo
Agree wholeheartedly. I’m often suspected as either alignment for lack of time and it’s frustrating being labeled scummy because of it. This could very well just be a genuine attempt to get people to back off because there’s simply not enough time to defend properly.

In other news, I’m coming round the mountain viewing you as town, Michelle.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 573

Post by Scotty »

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine because it looks like we might be giving Wilgy time to do surgical procedures I guess
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 459

Post by EnderWiggin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:32 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:28 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:34 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:33 pm Tutuu can meme and never gets called out for it, I meme off her original meme and I get called out for it. This is laughable
We all know you're a serious player when it gets down to business. You never meme. Only clenched buttholes.

Tutu is a meme player. We forgive her the sins of her nature, because it is in her nature to meme. You?

The fact that you haven't outed who all the wolves are and told everyone else off for being wrong is scum-indicative.
Nanook what do you think about this post?
It read as mostly a joke to me
Let me clear things up for you all.

That post was 100% a joke.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Michelle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:36 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:33 pm Tutuu can meme and never gets called out for it, I meme off her original meme and I get called out for it. This is laughable
We all know you're a serious player when it gets down to business. You never meme. Only clenched buttholes.

Tutu is a meme player. We forgive her the sins of her nature, because it is in her nature to meme. You?

The fact that you haven't outed who all the wolves are and told everyone else off for being wrong is scum-indicative.
:huh:
@EnderWiggin was your post a joke?
Yes. Rondo is one of the meme-iest players I have played with.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:13 pm Can someone explain the ic thing about Alison to me again. As if I'm really stupid tbh.

Vibes.
Mac was mod-confirmed Innocent Child.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:36 pm

:huh:
@EnderWiggin was your post a joke?
Yes. Rondo is one of the meme-iest players I have played with.
It's nornal for him to be uncooperative and even hostile like this?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:24 pm Okay I gave up reading Ender's wall.

Hedgier reads. Where in Bonk you actually did come to some solid conclusions, in this game pretty much all your takes have hedged or you've backed off them when challenged.

I'll straight up admit that it is one game of meta so it is incomplete data.

But it's less about how often or present you are and more about the way you've stated/approached your reads.

That being said, the higher intensity of this game/higher volume could be causing that with time.

The other reason I have you sus is the slip, of course, and POE factors.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:27 pm Oh right and the scum slip.

In a sense you're right. As soon as I made the post I was like 'they're definitely gonna say I have TMI by calling Koba a vill' and tried to head that off by saying the bit I hadn't said out loud next.

But yeah, that's not TMI, that's me just treating every unflipped player as a villager by default.
Hmmmmmm
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

This isn't relevant.

I can definitely write a wall bigger than that in 15m if I was ranting.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Scotty wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:07 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:52 pm Sigh, i hate Ate because i am sensitive to the lack of time expressed in this way. But spending time with our life partners/working/sleeping is NAI though, the alignament doesn't depend on this.

Agree wholeheartedly. I’m often suspected as either alignment for lack of time and it’s frustrating being labeled scummy because of it. This could very well just be a genuine attempt to get people to back off because there’s simply not enough time to defend properly.

In other news, I’m coming round the mountain viewing you as town, Michelle.
I feel similar and idk what to feel about this whole fire back from MR.

Bluh.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Later on I'll try to find some more town/wolf games for MR and see if my earlier read actually holds water through more meta.
Alison

Re: The Witcher Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:27 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:41 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:37 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:32 am I need to find more trusted town. There isn't enough obvious town outside of Ted now that Kza died. I almost feel obliged to treat people I'm sus of as townfirms for the benefit of the gamestate.

Maybe I need to reassess everyone on skim. I will do that.
I'm literally right here, wow
Well see the reason I want trusted town is so I can solve as a group and I tried to engage you on your Epi read and you memed at me so even if you are town you're not the type of town I am currently sourcing.
Idk what to tell you, he did his mafia stuff...he has seemingly no plan, he's posting a fair amount but most of its that kind of grey area not quite fluff but not quite reads either stuff, he makes consistent excuses for not having thoughts (in a vacuum this is whatever in combination with the no plan thing its scummy)

Basically hes trying but not in a townie way, idk if that makes sense as a way to describe it
All I am seeing is Epi being Epi?
Yeah its hard to articulate thats why I gave you a meme response instead

Its like

So he's presenting as "i don't have much time but idgaf" town epi yeah, with some flippant responses and stealing my gimmick

But he's actually been here a fair bit by his posting and his rl excuses are in practice excusing lack of thoughts more than they are lack of presence

And lack of presence town epi is, at least in my experience, keenly aware of his lack of presence and tries to find other ways to contribute. I really doubt town epi without a ton of time to devote to the game shoots town (admittedly a town he doesnt care for), then just goes on his marry well with seemingly no plan for how to contribute to the town moving forward.

Like it's not an ironclad read but I feel reasonably good about it, it's just super hard for me to articulate it in a convincing fashion that people can't just wave off as "thats just epi lol"
@Alison
Thanks, I'll mull over this
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think nanook is a villager at least
Alison

Post by Alison »

@Epignosis Could you walk me through your thought process when it came to shooting Axe?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:05 pm @Epignosis Could you walk me through your thought process when it came to shooting Axe?
Sure.

Epignosis wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:55 pm I did it because it was hilarious.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alright, I'm eager to see it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:28 pm Alright, I'm eager to see it.
Um. Click the spoiler thingy.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oh I didn't catch that, sorry. Lemme read.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hmm. Interesting thought process.

Is it more likely to come from town Epi or scum Epi.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:34 pm Hmm. Interesting thought process.

If I'm mafia, you wouldn't be here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Back in 45.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:35 pm

You would have held your shot and blasted Mac silently as mafia?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:04 pm I think nanook is a villager at least
The one great thing about today is Alison slowly merging on my earlier reads for town lmao.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:36 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:35 pm

You would have held your shot and blasted Mac silently as mafia?
Mac was before Axe.

I would have killed Mac before Axe threatened me, yes.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't think Epi would have taken the Axe vig threat seriously given who Axe is. If he's scum he probably just wanted to blast a townie then claim dayvig and skate by. The alternative is that he quietly shoots Mac with no accountability, which is what I would have done.

Return to “Previous Jobs”