Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Nikki908
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 1

Post by Nikki908 »

This whole thing is heated as hell and it's like going on a ride and having no idea what's happening. Paying attention is way tough. :rip:
u coudda ben getin down 2 dis sik be@t
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Canucklehead »

I think I'm going to vote for Turnip Head. Because I love him. :noble:

.....aaaaand because I think his push on MP was opportunistic.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Vote: the majestic and beautiful Turnip Head
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And thanks for the explanation, zeek, I misread your post, my bad. I thought you said Epig not Enri. And I can complain about that because you'd be wrong, but at least I understand why you're doing it. It doesn't make it any less frustrating, but I suppose I get it. I should have probably approached things differently, but whatever, I just play to have fun and I still stand by creating discussion to get emotional tells on players. It's just disheartening because not only do I suffer this but I've seen it happen to SO many players -- in mafia, more people get lynched over people not understanding where they're coming from than they do from truly being "suspicious".
Well, thats not really my fault now is it? If you are a civ, you scapegoated me on Day 0. How can I trust you?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

I thought a number of people were responsible for catching MP in Python, Epi, but whatever. If you say so :shrug:

What convinced ME in Python was Daisys read on him, not unlike how I tend to trust Epis read on Eloh. Now someday, they will be on the same team and rook us, but for now I tend to trust Daisys read on MP. Even if work runs like it has, too busy for much online, I will have more than enough time to catch up tonight.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Also, there are quite a few people from whom I would like to hear more.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Bullzeye »

Busy day yesterday packing for uni and I'm still not finished! Going to be another fun day for me. I have been trying to keep up but only barely because I've had too much to do. I should be around more today though so if I get a chance I'll try to properly catch up.
S~V~S wrote:I thought a number of people were responsible for catching MP in Python, Epi, but whatever. If you say so :shrug:
Is he actually claiming credit for that? Because I don't remember him having any major part in it. I would credit that lynch to you, BWT, and Daisy as well as MP's own actions.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hmm...so both Epi and Daisy think MP is not bad. That carries some weight with me and makes me a little uneasy about a vote for MP. Maybe what's been bothering me is I find his behavior with zeek inappropriate and that leads me to baddie. But, one of Epi's points is you can be inappropriate and still be good. I really need for the silent ones to say something. Speak up, put your opinion out there.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Also, there are quite a few people from whom I would like to hear more.
What would you like to hear from me? :feb:

I've got a little time now, but more later. I'll be back to make an educated vote. This looks like normal MP to me, but coincidentally, I've yet to play a game with him where he is a civ. ..

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:Hmm...so both Epi and Daisy think MP is not bad. That carries some weight with me and makes me a little uneasy about a vote for MP. Maybe what's been bothering me is I find his behavior with zeek inappropriate and that leads me to baddie. But, one of Epi's points is you can be inappropriate and still be good. I really need for the silent ones to say something. Speak up, put your opinion out there.
So very much true, though it is not always to allow yourself to be convinced of it.

And we have had a lot of quiet players, some very, very quiet players.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote:Busy day yesterday packing for uni and I'm still not finished! Going to be another fun day for me. I have been trying to keep up but only barely because I've had too much to do. I should be around more today though so if I get a chance I'll try to properly catch up.
S~V~S wrote:I thought a number of people were responsible for catching MP in Python, Epi, but whatever. If you say so :shrug:
Is he actually claiming credit for that? Because I don't remember him having any major part in it. I would credit that lynch to you, BWT, and Daisy as well as MP's own actions.
Maybe he meant to reference the Hobbit?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye wrote:Busy day yesterday packing for uni and I'm still not finished! Going to be another fun day for me. I have been trying to keep up but only barely because I've had too much to do. I should be around more today though so if I get a chance I'll try to properly catch up.
Obviously I cannot lynch someone by myself. I initiated the proceedings against MP in (heh) MP on Day 1 before anyone said anything against him, and I pressed him, and pressed him some more. Until I gave him the rope and told him to start tying his own noose, the focus was on Made / Enrique / and thellama73. Check the links if you don't believe me.

Addendum: No, The Hobbit was a different game where I did the same thing. :slick:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:
Obviously I cannot lynch someone by myself. I initiated the proceedings against MP in (heh) MP on Day 1 before anyone said anything against him, and I pressed him, and pressed him some more. Until I gave him the rope and told him to start tying his own noose, the focus was on Made / Enrique / and thellama73. Check the links if you don't believe me.

Addendum: No, The Hobbit was a different game where I did the same thing. :slick:
So you were suspicious of him sure. But I think
Epignosis wrote:MP has gotten lynched in the past two full games on Day 1 because I called him on it.

is a bit of a bold statement. You weren't the only factor in either of those games. Maybe a primary factor in The Hobbit, I'll give you that. But I don't think two deaths in a row were entirely because of you, I know that in MP you had nothing to do with my vote for him and don't recall many people saying you'd influenced them. I'm not saying it means anything about you or your alignment, I'm just saying I don't quite think you can go around acting like some MP expert and claiming credit for things that you aren't really that responsible for. In my opinion MP's biggest tell is that when he's bad he makes his same huge posts but they don't actually say very much, I've used the phrase 'lots of words but not much use for them' in regard to him before. As a civ his dissertations generally tend to mean something. I'm not seeing bad MP either yet.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Oh wait looking back I never actually voted MP in MP, but I was suspicious of him anyway. That suspicion wasn't provoked by Epig. My point still stands.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

So you were suspicious of him sure. But I think
Epignosis wrote:MP has gotten lynched in the past two full games on Day 1 because I called him on it.

is a bit of a bold statement. You weren't the only factor in either of those games. Maybe a primary factor in The Hobbit, I'll give you that. But I don't think two deaths in a row were entirely because of you, I know that in MP you had nothing to do with my vote for him and don't recall many people saying you'd influenced them. I'm not saying it means anything about you or your alignment, I'm just saying I don't quite think you can go around acting like some MP expert and claiming credit for things that you aren't really that responsible for. In my opinion MP's biggest tell is that when he's bad he makes his same huge posts but they don't actually say very much, I've used the phrase 'lots of words but not much use for them' in regard to him before. As a civ his dissertations generally tend to mean something. I'm not seeing bad MP either yet.
Which is exactly what I called him out for in both games, and did so first: Statements devoid of meaning.

You're welcome to disagree, but I believe that if I had not spoken up in Monty Python, it would have been Made, Enrique, or thellama73 still being discussed.

Alas, I cannot rest on my laurels. :noble:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Also, I know there was talk of people being able to edit earlier when they shouldn't have been. As of sometime today I can edit my posts in this thread but wasn't able to previously when everyone else was talking about it so I think that's still an issue!
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Hey, y'all.
I'm here and reading and ready to get my head in this game, now that my Terrible No Good Very Bad week is winding down (only, of course, to rev itself up again tomorrow. FML). Nobody commented on my vote for Turnip Head.....including Turnip Head.
This makes me feel very sad and inconsequential. :(

I know MP expressed some concerns about TH's opportunistic push on him, but does anyone else have TH thoughts?

I'm also interested in looking at people who were super hyped up and active during the Day 0 phase (indicating that they've been around and involved and excited to play), but who have dropped off the radar since some actual discussion started (which might suggest that they're taking advantage of having the heat on someone else and doing the usual baddie thing of hiding in the shadows of the overwhelmin volumed of players for the first few days until the herd is culled a little). I'm going to go and look back and see if anything strikes me as kooky in that respect....
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't think Turnip Head is bad either.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Count me in on the "MP is likely not bad" party. I think he's just expecting to die early after his past couple of games and is posting a bit more loose. No indicationof alignment, but probably not something he'd want to do to teammates if he were bad, imo.

Nor do I think TH is bad. But I also can't find him on the poll, so uh...

Eko's weird, ballsy posts sketched me out, but then he reverted to his usual defensiveness. He and zeek are my priorities as I reread.

I think MP said our votes are changeable, but I want to review the thread so I can make sure I didn't misread him.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:I find some of the points on Enrique to be valid. I do. However, I couldn't help but notice how hypocritical MP is being.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:No. It's suspicious that he used it without any indication that he was around when it was used.
I waited until Day 1. But you, sir, are my greatest suspect.
Wow, I actually agree here.
So you agree-- Enrique is your greatest suspect.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Fair, I don't feel very strongly about this Enrique suspicion, but I do believe in it, and I do think he very well could be bad. I wouldn't have voted him if we couldn't change votes, but since we can, thought I might as well.
MovingPictures07 wrote: So now here you go trying to subtly push that my behavior was really forced and over the top, just like Dana, yet you're "not making any accusations"?

I don't buy it.

Am I bad or not, Enri?

Seriously?
I'm confused, Dom, what do you find hypocritical? Is it not possible that I find Enri my greatest suspicion and yet I don't feel very strongly about it? Especially this early on?

Or... are you talking about something else?
What makes me furrow my brow is that you seem to be looking at Enrique (who I believe to be suspicious) partially because he is changing stance on you. However, you are doing a similar kind of waffling on him. It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm likely to vote Enrique though. Your emotional spout read true to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Voting for Enrique.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Maybe I missed it Dom but why did you vote for Enrique?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

So, let's get this straight. People most frequently talked about:

Epignosis - Some people are suspicious of him due to his eagerness to vote Enrique based on something similar he did when he was bad. Were as some people don't find this suspicious at all.
Enrique - Some people are suspicious of him due to him questioning my Supatown usage and then not following on with it once it was clear I'd been following the Felt game. Were as some people don't find this suspicious at all.
TurnipHead - Some people are suspicious of him due to his case on MovingPictures07 appearing a little opportunistic. Were as some people don't find this suspicious at all.
MovingPictures07 - The enigma himself. Used me as a scapegoate of sorts to stimulate the hunt. Not fair, but it worked. Has changed his suspicions a couple of times. Some people find this suspicious, some do not all.

It's Day 1 and there aren't many hard suspicions about, but a lot of people are having very different reads. I'm willing to hear thoughts on these lot and SVS, because while I seem to be the only one with a dodgy read on SVS I'd like to know why I'm the only one.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I can edit my posts as well :eek:

:)
Last edited by zeek on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

zeek wrote:I can edit my posts as well :eek:
With moderator / host permission, I would like zeek to edit his above post to include a smiley face. I would like to test if the post includes a footnote indicating that he edited his post. If it does, then this shouldn't be a cause for concern. I remember A Person edited his posts in the game of champions and it time stamped his edits. He got modkilled.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bingo. Thanks zeek.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

It's time stamped... and I'm not getting modkilled right?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Yeah this is Epi's newest tactic, thin the herd by tricking people into breaking the rules and then getting them all modkilled :P
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

You never know :ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

zeek wrote:It's time stamped... and I'm not getting modkilled right?
I hope they wouldn't modkill someone being helpful to the system. :eek:

Addendum: :feb:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

zeek wrote:You never know :ponder:
It would be funny but I think such a tactic would only be used once before people just never speak to that player again.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

How, umm, reassuring :eek:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Dammit, these stupid permissions. Please don't edit if you still see the button. I'm working on it.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

zeek wrote:How, umm, reassuring :eek:
You were asked to do it by someone in charge of helping to run the site in order to check whether the problem would allow people to cheat without consequence and therefore be quite a serious issue. You've been helpful, I don't see the hosts wanting to modkill you for that. They're nice people.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, at least two of the people who know me best recognize this clearly isn't my baddie play.

zeek, I have a question for you: Didn't you say something about you suspecting mafia were in the players sitting back? Do you still think that's probably true?

I'm going to respond some posts made and then try a thread re-read to see if I can find anything.

Made wrote:Yo, MP, from one batshit player to another, It's important to acknowledge that people don't like playing against people who use strategies they don't understand. Honestly, you had to of expected to take some votes over this, right?

Just maximize results and minimize damage by making sure everyone understands what you were trying to do and the results you got.

Also stop depending on your meta, that goes for everyone :noble:
So true. Man, you've learned a lot in just a few games, haven't you? :p

Dana wrote:Do you guys really think MP would start out immediately accusing people and making multiple paragraph long posts as a baddie during day 0 and 1? That brought so much attention onto him, I don't understand why anyone who's bad would do something like that. I'm suspicious of the people who are jumping onto this vote.
Even I know the answer to this... and it's Yes. :p

Turnip Head wrote:@MP: I've seen glimpses of your civvie game in some games recently. Not a large sample size, but I've picked up on a few things I've seen you do as a civvie compared to things I've seen you do as a baddie (which is a much larger sample size for me).

I can go into more detail if you wish, and I'm sure you'll want me to :biggrin: But, I'm curious what do you think are the differences between your civ game and your bad game? What do you think I'm missing?
Dana wrote:Do you guys really think MP would start out immediately accusing people and making multiple paragraph long posts as a baddie during day 0 and 1? That brought so much attention onto him, I don't understand why anyone who's bad would do something like that. I'm suspicious of the people who are jumping onto this vote.
Um... have you played with MP before?!? Lol. He loves to cause trouble early as a baddie.
Which games? Are they all the speed games where I've had a track record of being civvie lately?

I would appreciate more detail; that's a good question though. I think it's sort of difficult to self-evaluate tells, but I think my baddie and civvie games differ between full and speed games at least just a bit, and here's what I think:

As a baddie, especially in full games, I constantly feel the need to prove to everyone I'm actually baddie hunting, and in doing so, I go a bit more over the top in soliciting others' opinions, I also tend to come across more confident, because I know the members of my team, at least early on, (I can be confident as a civvie once I feel I've found something), and I tend to make blanket statements that appear helpful but don't really say much of anything.

Speed games -- the difference comes in more with my civvie game, IMO, as I feel more paranoid in full games than in speed games, due to the more players, higher depth, and my much poorer track record.

There's probably more, but that's a succinct version of what I've surmised anyway.

S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and as to Epi sounding evil, I think that seems like a really weird accusation. He sounds like his regular old self to me. No clue about his alignment yet, but I have no reason to particularly distrust him.
I did say he always sounds evil to me. :slick: <----- Like that guy. But maybe a bit more than usual. I don't think it's "weird". It's just my opinion.
Lol, that is kind of Epig's smiley.

Spacedaisy wrote:I disagree. While he can be a manic FEB, I am not seeing Baddie MP here. He can fool me, he has done it before, but I'm not seeing what I normally I see from Baddie MP. I am seeing MP who is completely stressed out though.
This is true. :srsnod:

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And thanks for the explanation, zeek, I misread your post, my bad. I thought you said Epig not Enri. And I can complain about that because you'd be wrong, but at least I understand why you're doing it. It doesn't make it any less frustrating, but I suppose I get it. I should have probably approached things differently, but whatever, I just play to have fun and I still stand by creating discussion to get emotional tells on players. It's just disheartening because not only do I suffer this but I've seen it happen to SO many players -- in mafia, more people get lynched over people not understanding where they're coming from than they do from truly being "suspicious".
Well, thats not really my fault now is it? If you are a civ, you scapegoated me on Day 0. How can I trust you?
You may completely disagree with my style, but you can't appreciate that I'm genuinely baddie hunting?

I also don't ask for your unconditional trust, as that would be unreasonable. But I do ask for you to consider all the perspectives.

Canucklehead wrote:Hey, y'all.
I'm here and reading and ready to get my head in this game, now that my Terrible No Good Very Bad week is winding down (only, of course, to rev itself up again tomorrow. FML). Nobody commented on my vote for Turnip Head.....including Turnip Head.

I know MP expressed some concerns about TH's opportunistic push on him, but does anyone else have TH thoughts?

I'm also interested in looking at people who were super hyped up and active during the Day 0 phase (indicating that they've been around and involved and excited to play), but who have dropped off the radar since some actual discussion started (which might suggest that they're taking advantage of having the heat on someone else and doing the usual baddie thing of hiding in the shadows of the overwhelmin volumed of players for the first few days until the herd is culled a little). I'm going to go and look back and see if anything strikes me as kooky in that respect....
I find myself agreeing with this. I could possibly get behind a TH vote, but really, I'm not sure yet. He could be a civvie.

But I do definitely agree with looking at players super hyped up and active but have now taken a backseat. Definitely going to see what a re-read reveals. Curious to see what you find, Canuck.

Dom wrote: What makes me furrow my brow is that you seem to be looking at Enrique (who I believe to be suspicious) partially because he is changing stance on you. However, you are doing a similar kind of waffling on him. It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm likely to vote Enrique though. Your emotional spout read true to me.
I don't know about Enrique, honestly. I'm not really eyeing him for a D1 vote anymore.

That wasn't why I was really looking at Enrique though, it was mainly over the zeek thing, though I did think it was weird how noncommittal he was, so I can understand why that doesn't make sense to you. I never said it made sense. :p

Can you summarize your suspicion of Enrique?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey zeek, can you see the edit button now?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I have my eye on S~V~S as well, but my track record with her is terrible, so I don't often trust my own evaluation of her. She has seemed "off" to me though, but I'm not sure whether it's "off" suspicious or just "off", if that makes sense.

Okay, going to start my re-read now.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey zeek, can you see the edit button now?
No, only the quote button. Good job.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey zeek, can you see the edit button now?
No, only the quote button. Good job.
Awesome, thank you sir!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Canuck, what do you think of Keys? I know he's less active D1 because he's busy with RL, but I'm curious if you have any thoughts regarding him since he fits the active during D0 but less during D1.

Still reading.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:zeek, I have a question for you: Didn't you say something about you suspecting mafia were in the players sitting back? Do you still think that's probably true?
Well there are 30 players (or 31, it's not exactly clear lol) and it's absolutely fair to say that only a handful of us have been all that active. It wouldn't surprise me if most of the mafia are playing a quiet game, letting the chips fall as they will after unique Days 0 and 1.
zeek wrote:
You may completely disagree with my style, but you can't appreciate that I'm genuinely baddie hunting?

I also don't ask for your unconditional trust, as that would be unreasonable. But I do ask for you to consider all the perspectives.[/quote]
It's very difficult for me to appreciate being your scapegoat to start conversation. Try considering my perspective on that, especially given it is my first game here and you own the bloody site. I'm just not sure about you and thats fair right now. Its mafia and you can't cling to opinions on people or you'll end up trusting the wrong people, so I am totally open to trusting you in the future. But I don't right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:zeek, I have a question for you: Didn't you say something about you suspecting mafia were in the players sitting back? Do you still think that's probably true?
Well there are 30 players (or 31, it's not exactly clear lol) and it's absolutely fair to say that only a handful of us have been all that active. It wouldn't surprise me if most of the mafia are playing a quiet game, letting the chips fall as they will after unique Days 0 and 1.
zeek wrote: It's very difficult for me to appreciate being your scapegoat to start conversation. Try considering my perspective on that, especially given it is my first game here and you own the bloody site. I'm just not sure about you and thats fair right now. Its mafia and you can't cling to opinions on people or you'll end up trusting the wrong people, so I am totally open to trusting you in the future. But I don't right now.
Totally fair and measured. But don't let the fact that I own the site influence anything. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I did a re-read skim. Unfortunately, nothing really stuck out to me. A few players that are making me a bit wary but I don't know that I'd vote for them include S~V~S and juliets. S~V~S has had a surprising mix of being in the background and yet posting a lot without really saying much of anything. Definitely ringing bells for me. BUT I can't really read her for crap 90%+ of the time, so... I don't know there. juliets latched pretty quickly onto TH's thoughts against me and then backed off saying there was still much time left in the lynch, but she's been especially latching onto others for opinions and I know she can do that often regardless of alignment, but it strikes me as a bit too much and the timing of her "vote" (but not really a vote) post seemed opportunistic.

There are also a TON of players we've heard next to nothing from... which is alarming. I don't typically like to go the random or low poster route, but I may be tempted to throw my vote onto something who's had the opportunity to post but hasn't really committed to anything game-related. I don't know that I will though.

I feel myself leery of the Enrique vote. After re-reading I really just don't have the judgment to say whether he's bad or not, and Dom never really seemed to explain why he feels that way too articulately, which is a shame because Dom and Enrique know each other pretty well, and I feel Dom's opinion would be helpful here.

I paid specific attention to Turnip Head and I can't tell if he was genuinely attempting to baddie hunt and thought I was bad or whether he was a baddie opportunistically trying to get me lynched, hoping I was not on his team... but I may be most likely to vote that way at the moment, especially since those are TH's only game-related contributions. BUT a civvie TH can be incredibly valuable, and I could see why he might sincerely believe his case, so... eh. Don't feel good about that one either.

I'm really curious what others are thinking because I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

onto someONE** not something, for the low poster paragraph. LOL.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

zeek wrote:It's time stamped... and I'm not getting modkilled right?

Zeek has been modkilled! No role shall be revealed. Suck it suckkas. :feb:

na....just kidding again. Thanks for your help Zeek. I'm sure our awesome mods are working out the kinks in the system and you're a big help with that!!

I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I meant TH was hoping I was a baddie not on his team, instead of a civvie. Man, I should have proofread that post better.

Anyway, sorry for all the consecutive posts, folks. I need to go do some homework and such, so I'm curious where others are at, and will be back at some point relatively soon to re-assess.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:@MP: I've seen glimpses of your civvie game in some games recently. Not a large sample size, but I've picked up on a few things I've seen you do as a civvie compared to things I've seen you do as a baddie (which is a much larger sample size for me).

I can go into more detail if you wish, and I'm sure you'll want me to :biggrin: But, I'm curious what do you think are the differences between your civ game and your bad game? What do you think I'm missing?
Which games? Are they all the speed games where I've had a track record of being civvie lately?

I would appreciate more detail; that's a good question though. I think it's sort of difficult to self-evaluate tells, but I think my baddie and civvie games differ between full and speed games at least just a bit, and here's what I think:

As a baddie, especially in full games, I constantly feel the need to prove to everyone I'm actually baddie hunting, and in doing so, I go a bit more over the top in soliciting others' opinions, I also tend to come across more confident, because I know the members of my team, at least early on, (I can be confident as a civvie once I feel I've found something), and I tend to make blanket statements that appear helpful but don't really say much of anything.

Speed games -- the difference comes in more with my civvie game, IMO, as I feel more paranoid in full games than in speed games, due to the more players, higher depth, and my much poorer track record.

There's probably more, but that's a succinct version of what I've surmised anyway.
Interesting. Here's your first big on-topic post, post #13 ... I hadn't brought it up yet... it concerned me early on and it's doing one of the things you say you do when you're bad. In the first two parts of your post you respond to zeek and bullzeye's speculation on roles and secrets, but don't really say anything new yourself, except to get on Zeek's case wondering what his motives were for being the first to speculate. And here's the last part of that post:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm curious what this poll means... but I would bet maybe voting certain options leads to certain events? Or maybe we become members of groups corresponding to the doctor numbers? But I don't know. I decided I wasn't going to overthink it and just answer the question straight up, but sometimes I can't help myself. :p
Does anyone have any ideas as to what this poll might cause game-wise?

I know it could be unlikely we'll guess correctly, so it probably is sort of pointless to speculate, but there's really nothing wrong with discussing it, especially since it appears we can change votes.
I didn't write that wrong, you quoted an earlier post of yours within Post #13 and responded to yourself lol. In the first part you're speculating on the poll, and I think it's telling that you're a bit open with your thought process here. You show that you're overthinking your actions a bit, wondering whether you should be speculating for the benefit of the group or just chiming in with your individual answer. Then you repeatedly ask for others to speculate about it. This part seems helpful but really isn't saying much at all.

MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
MP, bro, there was nothing genuine about how you came at Zeek. You got on his case for speculating about some secrets, asked if anyone else felt the same as you, and then when there was some backlash there you retracted and said you did it to set a trap for Enrique. You expect Zeek to recognize that as "genuine baddie hunting"?

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Hey, y'all.

I find myself agreeing with this. I could possibly get behind a TH vote, but really, I'm not sure yet. He could be a civvie.
Why do you agree with Canuck about this? Do you agree with her when she says my push on you is "opportunistic"? She's used that word twice, and you're agreeing with it as are others, so I'd like to know what you mean by saying my case against you was opportunistic. Why could you "possibly get behind a TH vote"?
MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know about Enrique, honestly. I'm not really eyeing him for a D1 vote anymore.

That wasn't why I was really looking at Enrique though, it was mainly over the zeek thing, though I did think it was weird how noncommittal he was, so I can understand why that doesn't make sense to you. I never said it made sense. :p

Can you summarize your suspicion of Enrique?
And now you're flip-flopping some more on the Enrique issue, citing only that his recent posts read genuine. I saw you do this exact same dance with FZ in The Hobbit!

linki Alright you gave some more thoughts on how you felt about me... I wanna let that slide for now because you complimented my civvie skills but maybe that's exactly what you hoped to accomplish by writing that :p

But yet here you are going even more the other way re: Enrique, now you're leery of a vote for him and you might vote a low poster? Something is seriously fishy with you sir! :llama:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I paid specific attention to Turnip Head and I can't tell if he was genuinely attempting to baddie hunt and thought I was bad or whether he was a baddie opportunistically trying to get me lynched, hoping I was not on his team...
A... a baddie opportunistically trying to get you lynched? 0_0 And you think I'm a baddie on the opposite team as you... which team would that be, MP? :eek:

If I'm a baddie trying to get you lynched, why would that be opportunistic of me? No one else was really on your case until I showed up. Shouldn't I, as a baddie, not really care who gets lynched? You're really stretching to force an accusation here to set yourself up as a victim...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

*voting for MP*
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Canuck, what do you think of Keys? I know he's less active D1 because he's busy with RL, but I'm curious if you have any thoughts regarding him since he fits the active during D0 but less during D1.

Still reading.
I dunno. I seem to remember that keys is a player who posts when he has shit to contribute or points to make, and who loves to get into head-to-heads...but who is not too concerned about posting "regularly" just for the sake of posting regularly.....if that makes sense? I could be remembering wrong though.

Also, my re-read of Day 0 is way less interesting than I thought it would be.
DFaraday was more before the MP thing started, but not super active, so the drop-off isn't that interesting.
Other then that, I'm not really finding anything useful.

Return to “Previous Jobs”