55%

Total votes: 11
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fleabag Mafia d1

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:57 pm TSP exclusively listing everyone not included in the general consensus town-list as his town reads feels like a parody of a contrarian playstyle.
everyone?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 345

Post by Sloonei »

I didn’t see the bit about Like Coke and Axehole being potential partners. That changes the post a little bit.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 554

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:49 pm i'm caught up w/the thread now. will make a readslist later. feel free to ask me any questions
Are you gay?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

there are at least three zero posters and I thought everyone was townreading lc and anarch
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

Everyone else looks better.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Son of Anarch »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:57 pm TSP exclusively listing everyone not included in the general consensus town-list as his town reads feels like a parody of a contrarian playstyle.
Is that really true though? I mean he listed me, who is pretty town read and Lime Coke, who personally isn't a town read of mine/is a bit of a controversial slot but has been picking up a lot of town reads recently. The sig is kinda bad though, but not sure dude is bein' totally contrarian.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:58 pm there are at least three zero posters and I thought everyone was townreading lc and anarch
I think about everyone is town reading anarch. Lime has been voted and sussed a fair bit, but as far as thread consensus right now I guess it's "eh maybe town".

And your reads are weird to me.
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Also that SPF sleuthin' post on sig was so mind blowy I don't even know where my brain is at, like I could barely comprehend it, but it sounded right

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

Reminder that I'm pea-brained
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:59 pm
Is that really true though? I mean he listed me, who is pretty town read and Lime Coke, who personally isn't a town read of mine/is a bit of a controversial slot but has been picking up a lot of town reads recently. The sig is kinda bad though, but not sure dude is bein' totally contrarian.
i retract the statement. I misread his post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm Also that SPF sleuthin' post on sig was so mind blowy I don't even know where my brain is at, like I could barely comprehend it, but it sounded right

Hey, I want cred for this too. I caught it immediately, I just wasn't all flashy about it, cause I wanted to lure more out of him lol
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Also I'm thinkin' there's probably a scum in the 0-posters. Not sure if mafia the syndicate is the same, but on mafia scum a ton of folk hate randin' mafia to the point where they'll barely post. It can get pretty annoyin' and well... we've got three guys here not speakin' and I don't feel super bamboozled yet. I think I'm gonna make an enemy out of anyone who comes into the thread now.
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:02 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm Also that SPF sleuthin' post on sig was so mind blowy I don't even know where my brain is at, like I could barely comprehend it, but it sounded right

Hey, I want cred for this too. I caught it immediately, I just wasn't all flashy about it, cause I wanted to lure more out of him lol
Cred denied. You didn't sound as cool as SPF did when talkin' about it :)

Jk jk if sig flips wolf I'll think about taking you on a bro-date.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:03 pm Also I'm thinkin' there's probably a scum in the 0-posters. Not sure if mafia the syndicate is the same, but on mafia scum a ton of folk hate randin' mafia to the point where they'll barely post. It can get pretty annoyin' and well... we've got three guys here not speakin' and I don't feel super bamboozled yet. I think I'm gonna make an enemy out of anyone who comes into the thread now.
Lol that's the spirit! =p
And yeah, I agree, also because I don't really think there are four mafia among the posting. Four seems like a lot, and maybe I have too many town reads tbh. But we do not speak about that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would be a little bit surprised if none of the 0 posters are mafia.

That would put us at 8 vs 4 right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:02 pm

If Sig goes over and flips mafia you are the sole reason that he went. You get all the credit, and will be considered the best player in the game.

If Sig goes over and flips green, it's Son of Anarch's fault.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:05 pmCred denied. You didn't sound as cool as SPF did when talkin' about it :)

Jk jk if sig flips wolf I'll think about taking you on a bro-date.
Nobody can be as cool as spf.

And yay, I'll try to figure out what a bro-date entails in the meantime =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:11 pmIf Sig goes over and flips mafia you are the sole reason that he went. You get all the credit, and will be considered the best player in the game.

If Sig goes over and flips green, it's Son of Anarch's fault.
This is highly acceptable. Win win :nicenod:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 22

Post by sig »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:21 pm
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:11 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:55 amI miss your face too! It was part of the reason I signed up <3

I'm working today and tomorrow, so I'll be around this evening, but not much else before EOD
<3

I'll see if I can pop in to video mafia this Sunday. To show off my classic waving arms town tell, you know. I don't understand time zones, and it may be too late for me though.

---

Hi, Sig.
Wait video mafia what is this new fangaled game?

Dizzy hey! I like all your posts but it’s killing me you made so many
dizzy actually asked a similar question to me immediately below this post, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 87#p856009), but i find the timing of this post from sig kind of awkward

sig entered the game at 9:59 AM, with a complaint about how the game already had 6 pages (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 87#p856002), he posted a quote from post #23 one minute later, which implied that he was in the process of reading the game (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 19#p855619)

sig stops posting for 18 minutes, and then tells dizzy that he "liked all of his posts". dizzy's first post in this game was on #227. this means that between 10:00 AM and 10:18 AM, sig had read from #23 to #227 at the bare minimum, and had read closely enough to have a half-developed opinion on dizzy's posts

if sig was actually catching up with the game during those 18 minutes, why didn't he post any other thoughts similar to the one he posted about son of anarch at 10:00 AM? and if he had read the thread closely enough to have an awareness of dizzy's posts, why didn't he have any other game-related thoughts or observations to share?

reading a little bit over 200 posts in 18 minutes is not particularly unrealistic, but the timing feels a little wonky to me. and yes this is a very nitpicky read lol
Wow amazing sleuthing totally must be mafia for not reading multiple pages of nonsense and skinning lol

Beyond dumb for a reason to lynch not at all game related and really seems like people are just jumping on it. Though haven’t read anything yet
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I was going to say good night, but I'll probably just stay up and post a lot of nonsense anyway. I know my own tricks by now :mafia:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also son of arch is just doing a very obvious omgus and salty that I disagree with others on his town rwae
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pmWow amazing sleuthing totally must be mafia for not reading multiple pages of nonsense and skinning lol

Beyond dumb for a reason to lynch not at all game related and really seems like people are just jumping on it. Though haven’t read anything yet
I asked you immediately after if you had read the game or was in the process of catching up. You didn't answer. What was it? You did say you liked my posts. Why was that?
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pm Also son of arch is just doing a very obvious omgus and salty that I disagree with others on his town rwae
Ya know, I can tell ya haven't back read if this is what you're actually sayin'. I actually addressed the point you made and didn't vote you until other people brought forward more reasons to suspect ya. The only reason I'm even respondin' to this is to tell ya that if you're town, you shouldn't be puttin' the cart before the horse and think I have bad intentions. Go read the rest of my posts first and tell me what ya think. You'll see that I didn't even vote ya after reading what you wrote even if I thought it was scummy.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:19 pm
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pmWow amazing sleuthing totally must be mafia for not reading multiple pages of nonsense and skinning lol

I asked you immediately after if you had read the game or was in the process of catching up. You didn't answer. What was it? You did say you liked my posts. Why was that?
Tone read they seemed genuine and it’s since I left. Have a busy weekend of real life stuff going on so popped in gave some thoughts of left
ImageImage
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Which is to say that someone comin' into the thread and tossin' around accusations definitely doesn't help them at all.
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

In Texas we call this a peaceful disarmament
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:21 pmTone read they seemed genuine and it’s since I left. Have a busy weekend of real life stuff going on so popped in gave some thoughts of left
Alright. So you had skimmed the thread a bit or something?

Life > mafia, some say.
Would be interested to hear any takes you may have when/if you do get the chance to catch up more.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:21 pm
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pm Also son of arch is just doing a very obvious omgus and salty that I disagree with others on his town rwae
Ya know, I can tell ya haven't back read if this is what you're actually sayin'. I actually addressed the point you made and didn't vote you until other people brought forward more reasons to suspect ya. The only reason I'm even respondin' to this is to tell ya that if you're town, you shouldn't be puttin' the cart before the horse and think I have bad intentions. Go read the rest of my posts first and tell me what ya think. You'll see that I didn't even vote ya after reading what you wrote even if I thought it was scummy.

I mean voted there anyone doesn’t need to be an immediate vote to still be an omgus especially since you decided it was scummy.

I’d even argue it’s more scummy to wait for someone else to make a case to vote try to build it up.

And nope haven’t read anything yet I’ll get around to it when I get to it.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And wait we’ve got a full day still on day 1. I’ll be back later to post but yea it’s day 1 don’t expect much from lol me until like meh day 4ish :p
ImageImage
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm

I mean voted there anyone doesn’t need to be an immediate vote to still be an omgus especially since you decided it was scummy.

I’d even argue it’s more scummy to wait for someone else to make a case to vote try to build it up.

Now, now. This argument right here is exactly the kinda argument an inexperienced scum would make. You made a suspicion on me. I'm allowed to evaluate that suspicion just like I would if you had made it on any other player. I'm gonna say I'm smellin' a twinge of scummy discrediting comin' from ya.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:27 pm And wait we’ve got a full day still on day 1. I’ll be back later to post but yea it’s day 1 don’t expect much from lol me until like meh day 4ish :p
No.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:27 pm And wait we’ve got a full day still on day 1. I’ll be back later to post but yea it’s day 1 don’t expect much from lol me until like meh day 4ish :p
We're not guaranteed to have a game that lasts much longer than Day 4.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 pm
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Now, now. This argument right here is exactly the kinda argument an inexperienced scum would make. You made a suspicion on me. I'm allowed to evaluate that suspicion just like I would if you had made it on any other player. I'm gonna say I'm smellin' a twinge of scummy discrediting comin' from ya.
Inexperienced scum lol sure. Seems like your reaching here
ImageImage
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Your line of logic sig is that anyone who disagrees with or finds a scum read on them scummy must be scummy because "omgus". I don't think that's how any of this works.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 pm
We're not guaranteed to have a game that lasts much longer than Day 4.
Make it day 6 then
ImageImage
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Sig's defensive reaction ain't good... Kinda yikes if ya ask me.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:29 pm Your line of logic sig is that anyone who disagrees with or finds a scum read on them scummy must be scummy because "omgus". I don't think that's how any of this works.
Nah see the logic is you finding a scum read is scummy based off the posts I’ve read and your reasoning. Trying to frame it as me saying everyone is a false narrative which you’re trying to create to get me lynched which basically stems from the fact your salty i don’t think your outing idea is pro town what do ever.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sig is our resident mischop bait on the Syndicate, for those who are new here. Or... he was as of a year ago. I really haven't been around much lately.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:30 pmNah see the logic is you finding a scum read is scummy based off the posts I’ve read and your reasoning. Trying to frame it as me saying everyone is a false narrative which you’re trying to create to get me lynched which basically stems from the fact your salty i don’t think your outing idea is pro town what do ever.
Do you think he's mafia for suggestion a claim strategy and being openly anti-town? Cause that seems a bit weird to me.
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Normally when I prod a town like that they'd get mad at me and start flamin' or take a look at the posts I made originally instead of usin' blanket terminology to try and discredit what is bein' said. Sig's responses to me are bad because:

1.) He admitted he hadn't read my posts.

2.) Said it was OMGUS anyways and actually worse because I voted him later (and remember, he said this was OMGUS without havin' even read my posts)

3.) Claimed I was reachin' and reacted defensively instead of just goin' back, lookin' at my posts, and pointin' out what he thought was wrong/scummy or even explaining his original viewpoint.

Now, I'm not sure how things work around these parts, but from my experience a scum is much more likely to try and construct arguments without havin' fully read everything. Town can do it too and town can be defensive, but usually they'll have more ammo at their disposal than just callin' somethin' an OMGUS.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:31 pm Sig is our resident mischop bait on the Syndicate, for those who are new here. Or... he was as of a year ago. I really haven't been around much lately.
I was just about to ask. I don't remember what it's like to play with Sig. And in fact, I think he's been scum about every game I've played with him, iirc. Any knowledge appreciated.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:30 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:29 pm Your line of logic sig is that anyone who disagrees with or finds a scum read on them scummy must be scummy because "omgus". I don't think that's how any of this works.
Nah see the logic is you finding a scum read is scummy based off the posts I’ve read and your reasoning. Trying to frame it as me saying everyone is a false narrative which you’re trying to create to get me lynched which basically stems from the fact your salty i don’t think your outing idea is pro town what do ever.
Sig my boy, this seems to be the first time you and Son of Anarch have met. There appears to be some suspicion, and that suspicion may be morphing into unnecessary hostility. That will not help either of you or the state of the game. Let's talk about the reads more calmly. I do not think he is completely out of line to have suspicions of you at this point. But I also think you have a viewpoint which needs to be shared.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:30 pm
But I never said you had to think what I said was pro-town at all. This really proves you are strawmanning me and creatin' a false narrative. I said that it was fine if you disagreed, but you need to explain why my post was bad. The logic here is that disagreeing with somethin' doesn't make it scummy, especially when it's a mechanical debate, but you said the post in question was bad because you disagreed with my proposed strategy without explainin' why the proposed strategy itself is scummy.
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:31 pm Sig is our resident mischop bait on the Syndicate, for those who are new here. Or... he was as of a year ago. I really haven't been around much lately.
:ponder:
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Sloonei, that post got me thinkin' and now I'm kinda wonderin'... Are you sayin' you think this dialogue between me and sig could be town/town?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm not sure if Sig's reaction is towny or not. But in any case

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

Cause what I recall is takes I don't understand and don't particularly agree with and he's not a town read.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:36 pm Sloonei, that post got me thinkin' and now I'm kinda wonderin'... Are you sayin' you think this dialogue between me and sig could be town/town?
Uh, I think he's saying that if you are, the hostility building is not helpful. And hearing people out regardless of alignment is always better. This post is a bit weird though.
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:39 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:36 pm Sloonei, that post got me thinkin' and now I'm kinda wonderin'... Are you sayin' you think this dialogue between me and sig could be town/town?
Uh, I think he's saying that if you are, the hostility building is not helpful. And hearing people out regardless of alignment is always better. This post is a bit weird though.
It's not weird if ya know what's knockin' around inside my head right now :)
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@NotAnAxehole here’s your reaction:

Ooga booga

Anyway I’ve been driving and will see what’s been happening in this thread a bit later.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:40 pm
It's not weird if ya know what's knockin' around inside my head right now :)
Is it excitement about out bro-date? :grin:
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

And by the way, the post you're referring to isn't the one I responded to

:ponder:

Return to “Previous Heists”