Baby Mafia (TOWN WIN)

Moderator: Community Team

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 422
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Baby Mafia (D1)

Post by Alison »

Kinda sketchy angleshootey read. Confidence level low but something I thought of.

In Smilies Mafia DVC, Gavial was complaining about how if everyone just sheeped him every time, town would always win because his reads were so great. Nanook was there and objected to it on the basis that his reads were inconsistent in quality and often contained wild leaps of logic.

I could see nanook deciding it would be funny to give Gavial what he wanted and hard sheep him, reasoning that either Gavial is wrong and has to shut up about asking to be sheeped or Gavial is right and he gets a free win.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:56 pm [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

Because he doesn't have any investment in helping town which is sad.
Sheeping gav's incredible reads IS helping town. If we just follow his reads we'd win like every game, haven't you heard? Just ask him, he'll tell you.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 145

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't feel like I have that person to bounce off of. @Gira Can you be that person? I don't know what I think about most things.

Also @EnderWiggin

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:57 pm Kinda sketchy angleshootey read. Confidence level low but something I thought of.

In Smilies Mafia DVC, Gavial was complaining about how if everyone just sheeped him every time, town would always win because his reads were so great. Nanook was there and objected to it on the basis that his reads were inconsistent in quality and often contained wild leaps of logic.

I could see nanook deciding it would be funny to give Gavial what he wanted and hard sheep him, reasoning that either Gavial is wrong and has to shut up about asking to be sheeped or Gavial is right and he gets a free win.
Yes I've already said it would be funny either way
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 pm

Sheeping gav's incredible reads IS helping town. If we just follow his reads we'd win like every game, haven't you heard? Just ask him, he'll tell you.
funnycool

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 am I think we should all let gavial make our choices and see what happens. Sheep his poe after he dies, of course. He wants to he sheeped, let's see what happens if we do.

I think it'll be very funny either way.
Idk why you're presenting this as an epiphany when I literally said your conclusion lol

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 pm

funnycool
Why so serious my friend?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:57 pm Kinda sketchy angleshootey read. Confidence level low but something I thought of.

Well, I'm Gavial's chosen scum read of the game, so he's wrong.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:00 pmWhy so serious my friend?
More impatient.

I would need Hally to be in this game.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Like, I don't think it's great for town to have a lot of antagonistic behavior plus a lot of detached players. I don't do well in those kinds of environment. So I'm tired of it.
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Gira »

feeling, ah, less than thrilled with the stuff mizery is commenting on

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:02 pm Like, I don't think it's great for town to have a lot of antagonistic behavior plus a lot of detached players. I don't do well in those kinds of environment. So I'm tired of it.
I'm just trying to have some fun in an otherwise annoyingly aggro game
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm actually not worried about Nook ATM.

1. It's Nook.

2. Nook usually resolves one way or another around day 3-4.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:03 pm feeling, ah, less than thrilled with the stuff mizery is commenting on
Examples of this?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:06 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:02 pm Like, I don't think it's great for town to have a lot of antagonistic behavior plus a lot of detached players. I don't do well in those kinds of environment. So I'm tired of it.
Yes, but that fun of yours is making the game more annoying for me. =p

I am genuinely interested in your thoughts on Wisp, among other things. If you have any.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

:hugs:
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Dyslexicon I want your insight into my spat with Luckybox. Am I off base?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Alison you as well please.
Image Image Image

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:09 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:06 pm
Yes, but that fun of yours is making the game more annoying for me. =p

I am genuinely interested in your thoughts on Wisp, among other things. If you have any.
I don't, really

I think the wisp scumreads, particularly from Alison, are pretty meh. But I don't really townread him either, so...🤷‍♀️
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 pm I don't feel like I have that person to bounce off of. @Gira Can you be that person? I don't know what I think about most things.

Also @EnderWiggin
hell, sure

i agree with your two big townreads so far, and i've been feeling good about you over these last few pages

this game is my re-acclimation to mafia, had to take a break because i was mentally fried (which i think was evident in SCI), but i don't have much stability still, i work better when i can act as a foil to someone

i only have about an hour before i have to dip for a while, but let's talk. give me some structure, give me something to work with
Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 736

Post by Millium »

It's funny how gira gets poked by Alison and votes her, but I ended up on the other side of the spectrum.
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:07 pm
Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:03 pm feeling, ah, less than thrilled with the stuff mizery is commenting on
Examples of this?
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:42 pm
Wisp wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:37 pm I will continue to give our w/e reads I can, but that's as much as you are getting till Alison learns how to interact with me. Which is not even surprising. Because when I played with her on chief Delphi, we fought for a while
I'm really learning that everyone played on CD didn't they wtf
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:22 pm I also have no idea where anything is tho bc i haven't read the last 4 pages which is blatantly disobeying costar but i promise I'll red over them in a bit i just need my soup first
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:21 pm Perhaps it's just them but I don't like how aggro they are

all i know of them is the one day of Bonk mafia
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:19 pm I think pfps on the right is cool bc can read posts without obviously seeing who wrote them which is fun
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:17 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:08 am Which probably means I should stop sussing them actually.
should i take this as a compliment or be offende-
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:15 pm
Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:13 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:12 pm
Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:11 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:05 pm So I read some of page 9 and walked away and was like "wouldn't Gira be trying to townread Alison if w/v with Alison" and then I walked away and came back and started typing "wouldn't Gira be trying to townread Alison if v/v with alison" so now I don't know which one i think
i'm not sure why you'd think either of those would be a more likely response from me to pressure?
my point was i don't know either
so what was the point, then? just to say "i don't know"?
your mistake here is assuming there has to be a point to why i post things
sorry about the reverse chronological order

last night the naked vote hopping and comments felt like there was some sign of thinking about the game, today it's...not looking to be doing much at all

i don't know if they're the type of player who tends to mostly be offtopic and fool around as town but in a vacuum it seems scummy
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:11 pm @Dyslexicon I want your insight into my spat with Luckybox. Am I off base?
Honestly I had a hard time focusing on that.
I think your gripe was that Lucky is non-committal a lot of the time and doesn't push suspects?

I'm just in a state of I don't know myself now, so I don't really have much interesting to add.
I think I'll have to return to this game in a better state to actually do something constructive here.
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Wisp wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:17 pm It's funny how gira gets poked by Alison and votes her, but I ended up on the other side of the spectrum.
do you think this says anything meaningful about my alignment
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:13 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 pm I don't feel like I have that person to bounce off of. @Gira Can you be that person? I don't know what I think about most things.

Also @EnderWiggin
hell, sure

i agree with your two big townreads so far, and i've been feeling good about you over these last few pages

this game is my re-acclimation to mafia, had to take a break because i was mentally fried (which i think was evident in SCI), but i don't have much stability still, i work better when i can act as a foil to someone

i only have about an hour before i have to dip for a while, but let's talk. give me some structure, give me something to work with
Since when did you town read Falcon btw?

I was considering Lucky/Alison as a possible team, maybe a bit tinfoily, but I felt their interaction was a bit typical teammate-ish. How Lucky asked me why I was clearing Alison and got really hung up on that, and then Alison going at Lucky and then changing her mind for what I think are kind of loose reasoning. But then I don't know if I really scum read either player individually. Probably not tbh.

I have very little structure in this game lol.

I'm also going soon. Hope I can get my head more into this game tomorrow.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Good afternoon everyone! I just want to step in with a reminder regarding our guidelines of respect. Please take a moment to read and reflect and if you have any questions just pm me or fingersplints. We're here for you.

Ours is a game that is designed to create and encourage conflict, to pit person against person in psychological warfare, and to facilitate accusations both true and false. In this environment it can be easy to forget about respect, and sometimes when our emotions are activated enough we might not even care about respect. And yet, we still must have it -- respect is not optional. Friendship is optional, camaraderie is optional, and even good will is optional. Respect is not optional. No matter what situations arise within a Mafia game, we must respect one another at all times. Treat those you suspect with humanity. Treat those who wrongly suspect you with humanity. Treat those you seek to manipulate with humanity. Every single player in any game we ever run has at least one trait in common: they are all human beings. Treat them as human beings should be treated. Be competitive. Be provocative if you so desire. But always have respect.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:24 pm
Wisp wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:17 pm It's funny how gira gets poked by Alison and votes her, but I ended up on the other side of the spectrum.
do you think this says anything meaningful about my alignment
Nope
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

I just want Alison to give me a chance to play the game lol
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:26 pm Since when did you town read Falcon btw?
i was relenting on the read last night (i indicated this in my sign off post where i said i didn't want to belabor arguing with him about his reaction to luckbox. alison took this as me continuing to sade him but it was the opposite), then this morning arguingwith him just kind of started to feel he wasn't scum
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

@EnderWiggin
What's your read on lucky?
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Going reiterate my previous read a bit, I doubt that Alison is a wolf her, giving her handling my slot, but I won't deny that her handling of Gira's slot looks a bit worse in my eyes. And she voted me for saying this last time, idk why, but players that play this aggressive, I give them once chance, you bury a town once, sure it happens, you bury a town a second time, and I think it's stops being an "oopsy" and more so than just being a wolf pushing an agenda
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Luckbox Inc »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:11 pm @Dyslexicon I want your insight into my spat with Luckybox. Am I off base?
My issue is that if you're not a wolf then I don't have any wolves at all. And I'm concerned that might be the case.

Why would you expect me to have a bunch of committal reads though and why do you take issue with my use of 'fwiw' so much?
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:07 pm
My issue is that if you're not a wolf then I don't have any wolves at all. And I'm concerned that might be the case.

Why would you expect me to have a bunch of committal reads though and why do you take issue with my use of 'fwiw' so much?
no offense, I still have 0 idea why this read exists, and that's the main reason why I dislike your slot
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Wisp wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:09 pm

no offense, I still have 0 idea why this read exists, and that's the main reason why I dislike your slot
Read the first 14 or so posts of Wigly's iso and tell me if you those are super villagery.
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 520

Post by Gavial »

Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:34 pm I actually don't know who to vote at all. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem just casting a vote where ever regardless, but I don't feel like it now. Maybe because the game has had enough antagonistic behavior anyway, and I don't want to "start something" when I'm pretty unclear on my reads.
Think maybe you could vote an inactive to increase activity?
If I recall correctly, you did that before when their were .
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:25 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:17 pm Why is Alison switching votes so much? Lol.
My reads have changed.
Yes but we are you voting one after another?
You stated your scum reads and it’s like your trying to see which one is easier to push.
Seems Agenda-ey.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Of course.
When I’m town and you sheep me we will always auto win!
Although if I’m scum, watch out and try and figure me out before it’s too late!
Don’t worry though buddy because I have the good ol’ town card this game!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Just follow my lead to victory!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

But I will say Dizzy’s vote on Nanook is a bad look for Dizzy
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I’m thinking that in a world Dizzy is scum it’s most likely with an inactive.
The other scum member is pretty decently active though.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:01 pm

Well, I'm Gavial's chosen scum read of the game, so he's wrong.
Even if I am wrong on you, I’ll just re-eval and figure out who it really is and then figure out their team right after.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I’m hoping to soon do a versus game.
Me versus someone else.
I’m in charge of town they in charge of scum.

To prove that I can figure out their team!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Back to work I Go
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:16 pm

Read the first 14 or so posts of Wigly's iso and tell me if you those are super villagery.
But does that make him a wolf?
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

@Dyslexicon
I mean u can bounce reads off me, we already have both falcon and Gaviel, but I even know if you are town yet. I think gaviels thoughts on you have some merit, I'm glad u finally made a real vote, and I don't hate it

Nanook has been supenr non-commiting with his posts, I'm probably going to go check of his past games that I know of later, to see how I feel about him.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Wisp wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:43 pm

I ran out of patience for bad questions immediately this game so apologies.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:53 pm

I ran out of patience for bad questions immediately this game so apologies.
Sorry not my attention, I'll let you do your thing.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

like go, read those posts, and if you think they are villagery and that no reasonable villager would ever vote a person who made them, then vote me.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

No.....it does not make him a wolf

Apologies...

Return to “Previous Heists”