Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Re: Night 11 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye me saying someone isnt Civ isnt info dumping and doesnt even have to be true. Im not doing anything wrong by speculating what i think people are, so get your panties out of a wad and stop bitching and moaning at me. I have not info dropped anything or how i would think or know anything. And it's no different than anyone else accusing anyone of being bad or good in a game. You're causing a hissy fit because i am trying to get you or LC lynched when you guys aren't Civ. I am not doing anything wrong saying i think someone is Indy or Baddie and speculating.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:Bullzeye me saying someone isnt Civ isnt info dumping and doesnt even have to be true. Im not doing anything wrong by speculating what i think people are, so get your panties out of a wad and stop bitching and moaning at me. I have not info dropped anything or how i would think or know anything. And it's no different than anyone else accusing anyone of being bad or good in a game. You're causing a hissy fit because i am trying to get you or LC lynched when you guys aren't Civ. I am not doing anything wrong saying i think someone is Indy or Baddie and speculating.
You keep referring to people as definitely this or that and have definitely explicitly acted as if you have info before now. Funny how you said Bea was definitely civ and then she turned out to be the role responsible for silencing me when you pushed your "case" against me. You aren't accusing or making cases you're just saying x is definitely bad or we shouldn't lynch y because they're civ. You're acting like you know for sure when we all know you don't.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Furthermore Bullzeye, like in any game i can say i think _____ or know ______ and its merely speculating until i would actually infodump and say "I know A is bad because I checked them so let's kill them" or "B is civ because the host messaged me" and i havent done any dumping but say i think and i know which have no reasonings behind them or such so what i say can be hogwash because its a game about lying and deception and people claim they feel things all the time. Like for example how i said i trusted Bea and she turned up bad. Are you trying to speculate i dumped something, cus then she turned out bad. You are solely ONLY going crazy when i try to have you or LC voted for so give up the charade you guys arent bad teammates. Both your behaviors is the only info dump you speak of.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Linki but if i say someone is good or bad its MY opinion. It doesnt have to be true or correct, as seen with Bea showing up wrong when i suggested she was good. I dont understand your point when i have not said any dumping but mere feelings and speculations.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:Furthermore Bullzeye, like in any game i can say i think _____ or know ______ and its merely speculating until i would actually infodump and say "I know A is bad because I checked them so let's kill them" or "B is civ because the host messaged me" and i havent done any dumping but say i think and i know which have no reasonings behind them or such so what i say can be hogwash because its a game about lying and deception and people claim they feel things all the time. Like for example how i said i trusted Bea and she turned up bad. Are you trying to speculate i dumped something, cus then she turned out bad. You are solely ONLY going crazy when i try to have you or LC voted for so give up the charade you guys arent bad teammates. Both your behaviors is the only info dump you speak of.
I have no connection to LC, but I'd rather lynch you first than anyone else. If you're actually bad, Dana will be next. I do think she made good points about LoRab though. My point regarding Bea is that you seemed to vouch for her like you were claiming she was definitely 100% civ and then she was revealed to have been bad. While I was silenced you were definitely acting like you had info on me though I know you didn't, and some of your claims about other people read as though you're hinting that you know who they are. Ultimately I think your tactic this game has been to pretend you have an info role in hopes of being able to be trusted and help your teammates fly by.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Bullzeye wrote:Funny how you said Bea was definitely civ and then she turned out to be the role responsible for silencing me when you pushed your "case" against me.
How would you know that Bea silenced you? Her role has not been revealed on the first page. :ponder:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Long Con wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Funny how you said Bea was definitely civ and then she turned out to be the role responsible for silencing me when you pushed your "case" against me.
How would you know that Bea silenced you? Her role has not been revealed on the first page. :ponder:
Because when I was silenced I was told the name of the role that silenced me.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Oh Bullzeye is info dumping..lol.

Bullzeye when the game is over i can express my role and everything else that has happened but until then, you can keep calling me a liar and expressing I have this super crazy strategy to make up info all game. I'm not a liar but if I was, I would be a pretty little liar :p
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Oh Bullzeye is info dumping..lol.

Bullzeye when the game is over i can express my role and everything else that has happened but until then, you can keep calling me a liar and expressing I have this super crazy strategy to make up info all game. I'm not a liar but if I was, I would be a pretty little liar :p
It's hardly infodumping when everyone who has been silenced knows it and Bea's role will be on the front page soon anyway.

You blatantly are a liar. You've even admitted to lying. The fake curse was a lie and then you even lied about why you lied. While I was silenced, and shortly after, you made massive hints about me as if you had info going as far as to say you knew I wasn't a civ. That was a lie.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

I'm not lying. Let's vote LC and see what he shows up as then wen an clarify who YOU are when I keep suggesting you too are incahoots baddies. You vote me every lynch to be non committal and blendy and refuse to vote LC. You also aren't afraid because you know if I wanted you dead and if I were truly bad, you would be. So you feel comfortable. LC has been Blendy and distancing from you and has also proven his allegiance with the last lynch. "let's me vote Bea last and 'prove' I am civ because she's my teammate and I want to throw her under the bus last second to prove it!". He totally outed himself with the vote then by mentioning my name to try to sway me since people are trusting me to try to vote out someone besides himself today. I see through your plot.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Boogs wrote:I'm not lying. Let's vote LC and see what he shows up as then wen an clarify who YOU are when I keep suggesting you too are incahoots baddies. You vote me every lynch to be non committal and blendy and refuse to vote LC. You also aren't afraid because you know if I wanted you dead and if I were truly bad, you would be. So you feel comfortable. LC has been Blendy and distancing from you and has also proven his allegiance with the last lynch. "let's me vote Bea last and 'prove' I am civ because she's my teammate and I want to throw her under the bus last second to prove it!". He totally outed himself with the vote then by mentioning my name to try to sway me since people are trusting me to try to vote out someone besides himself today. I see through your plot.
EBWOP: autocorrect jumbles. * Shows up as then we can clarify
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:I'm not lying. Let's vote LC and see what he shows up as then wen an clarify who YOU are when I keep suggesting you too are incahoots baddies. You vote me every lynch to be non committal and blendy and refuse to vote LC. You also aren't afraid because you know if I wanted you dead and if I were truly bad, you would be. So you feel comfortable. LC has been Blendy and distancing from you and has also proven his allegiance with the last lynch. "let's me vote Bea last and 'prove' I am civ because she's my teammate and I want to throw her under the bus last second to prove it!". He totally outed himself with the vote then by mentioning my name to try to sway me since people are trusting me to try to vote out someone besides himself today. I see through your plot.
If you're not lying why did you fake that curse? Your team wouldn't kill me because if I got NKed it would prove I wasn't bad and discredit you. I don't think we can change votes this time but even if we could I wouldn't as I'm convinced you're bad. It's not just because you tried to push me out while I was silenced. It's because of a combination of all the lies and misdirection that have been coming from you for ages now. I'd argue I'm the very opposite of non committal and blendy. I'm very committed to seeing you lynched and have pointed out many times the strong case against you. I don't even mind that your team will probably kill me the next night.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Rolls eyes.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Great response. You got caught out on the curse thing and have clearly still not come up with a believable new excuse.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye wrote:Great response. You got caught out on the curse thing and have clearly still not come up with a believable new excuse.
I pray LC goes so he can show up bad and everyone can be convinced you're his teammate and get you next. I'm so tired of you sliding through the cracks every lynch when it's been days and you're sliming around. I want to win this game already and get you both out.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Great response. You got caught out on the curse thing and have clearly still not come up with a believable new excuse.
I pray LC goes so he can show up bad and everyone can be convinced you're his teammate and get you next. I'm so tired of you sliding through the cracks every lynch when it's been days and you're sliming around. I want to win this game already and get you both out.
That's an awfully strange response to me pointing out that you still haven't told the truth about something suspicious you did once.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Day 12 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Dana »

Boogs has been super suspicious, I definitely see where you're coming from Bullz, and I definitely would think he was bad if I didn't know he was good. I can see a situation where he's been recruited but it's very very unlikely and it would mean that the baddies have been wasting their night kills which I doubt they would do this late in the game when they could kill a civ. I also think it may be pretty likely that Bullz is a civ too, since even though I trust Boogs, I'm not sure how much I trust his information. Most likely candidates for my vote right now are LC and maybe Juliets.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dana, can I ask you what makes me one of the likely people to get your vote?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

juliets wrote:Dana, can I ask you what makes me one of the likely people to get your vote?
Honestly, it was because you were the other person that Boogs trusted the most. You haven't really done anything suspicious, but neither did Bea. There's still a lot of time to think things over, though.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Though he also said that he knew you were good. Aaaaaah I don't know anymore!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, yes I understand.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Boogs, you're the one that has blatantly vouched for a baddie, plus all that stuff that Bullz won't let you off the hook for. What exactly is your case on me? A bad feeling? If you are still a Civ, which I very much doubt, trust me and vote for Canuck or Lorab. Just give me a chance before stringing me up, please! The Civs can still win this if we do it right, but if you lynch me then the math goes pretty scary.

I am not the one you need to lynch. I am not on a "team" with Bullzeye. Your judgment is unsound, Boogs, don't keep believing the wrong thing! If you're still a Civ, PROVE IT!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LC, according to your math how many baddies and how many civvies do you think are left? This is not a trick question to trap you or anything I just want to have a better feel for where we are.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I estimate Two or three baddies per team, each with one recruit possible. We've killed three baddies so far if I recall correctly, leaving maybe four or five baddies left alive right now. Three baddies left alive in my most optimistic scenario.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

That is not what I was wanting to hear but thanks for your insight.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:That is not what I was wanting to hear but thanks for your insight.
What did you want to hear?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:That is not what I was wanting to hear but thanks for your insight.
What did you want to hear?
I wanted to hear that there were probably only 2-3 baddies left. I'm just disheartened. Ignore me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

If there are currently more baddies than civs, isn't it already game over? They can just all vote together and it wouldn't matter if they were being suspicious because they would win by pure manpower.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm bad with working out the math in my head when it gets to endgame but I think you're right dana. So if there were 4 baddies left, that would only leave 3 civs and I guess the game would be over - if i'm thinking about that right. Ok, I feel a little better. We have to nail this though and I am nervous.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Except that they'd still have to beat each other, right? I mean, we don't know win conditions, but I assume that both baddie teams can't win together, so the game wouldn't end even if it were just baddies. Sorry to be cynical. My assumptions are similar to LC's. 3 to 5 left. Probably 4 or 5. I doubt there are indies left, just because of game sensible game set up.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Two baddie teams would likely have to eliminate each other as well. If there were two baddies on one, two baddies on the other, and three Civs, then this is still anyone's game. Even if there were three baddies on one team, it could still work out. Maybe there's even two on one team and one on the other, and four Civs. Or three Civs and an Indy.

It doesn't "matter", any way you look at it, we have to lynch a baddie... maybe every single time from here on in. Fortunately, I think it's likely that we will lynch a baddie, because there's enough of them still around. Maybe Canucklehead. Or Lorab. Or a recruited Boogs. Those are my top three options right now. Bullz could be bad, Dana could be bad, Juliets has the stigma of being vouched for by Boogs, who vouches for baddies.

Tough times indeed...

Linki: yeah
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Boogs, do you know LC is bad or do you think he is bad? Could LC be right and it's really Lorab or Canuck or both who are bad?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

juliets wrote:Boogs, do you know LC is bad or do you think he is bad? Could LC be right and it's really Lorab or Canuck or both who are bad?
When I asked him about if he knew something rather than just thinking it, he said he did, but then later told someone else that when he says he "knows" something, he's just speculating, so I'm really not too sure what to think.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Quotes for clarity:
Boogs wrote:
Dana wrote:How certain are you about Juliets, Boogs? You know know or you just think so?
100% sure if that answers suffices. :)
Boogs wrote:Furthermore Bullzeye, like in any game i can say i think _____ or know ______ and its merely speculating until i would actually infodump and say "I know A is bad because I checked them so let's kill them" or "B is civ because the host messaged me" and i havent done any dumping but say i think and i know which have no reasonings behind them or such so what i say can be hogwash because its a game about lying and deception and people claim they feel things all the time.
The fact that he said what he's saying has no reasoning behind it (bolded) is the only thing that's making me rethink a bit. But 100% certain is very very certain, so I'm not really sure what to do or who to vote for today.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I don't know what to do either. i know he is right about me and he said that was 100%. I'm looking for him to be able to say he's 100% about LC. If he's not 100%, like he's not 100% about Bullz, I just don't know what I will do. My suspish-o-meter is just spinning around faster and faster.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Being dead sucks. :zombie:
Gro-oo-ovy
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

JC and Dana i feel 100% LC isnt Civ and the three of us may be the only Civs left so we need to vote together if the baddies outnumber us if we get this wrong. Lorab i am unsure of but LC and Bullz i strongly feel are not Civ characters.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ok, thanks boogs.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Your feelings betray you, Boogs, as they did when you vouched for Bea. I am 100% not a baddie. Killing me would be a waste of time.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LC, forgive me if you just said this and I already forgot (my head is truly spinning) but do you have any specific reasons for believing Lorab or Canuck or both are bad? You asked people to give you a chance by lynching one of them first but I don't know which one I would vote for or why.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

Hi, everyone.
I apologize for my absence. Things got shitty/crazy/bad in my real world, and I had to focus on dealing with that. Things have settled a little, but it's still insane and overwhelming here.
I'm getting replaced in my other games, but since this one seems so close to the end I will stick it out. I'm not asking for anyone to let go of any suspicions of me because of RL circumstances (and I feel confident that you won't, because you're all good mafia players), but I DO ask (pretty please? f you would?) for a little patience with me if I'm slow to respond or short in my responses. Also, if you could restate any things you need me to address from the past few days, that will make it much easier for me to answer. I'm going to do a skim-through of what I missed, but I won't be reading in detail.

Thanks, and apologies.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Canuck I'm so sorry that you are having troubles and really appreciate your finishing this game out with us. I hope things get better if not quickly then at least progressively. The only question I have for you - and no worries if you cannot answer it - is who you think is bad at this point. We are down to the wire and it is very hard to see clearly. If you haven't read enough to say then like i said, no problem, I'm just taking a chance that you might have an opinion.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Boogs, would you have said yesterday that you were 100% sure that Bea was good?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullz are you around today? Do you have any opinions based on what we've got re: who you might vote today?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

juliets wrote:Bullz are you around today? Do you have any opinions based on what we've got re: who you might vote today?
Bullz has already voted for Boogs, and Boogs has already voted for LC.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dana wrote:
juliets wrote:Bullz are you around today? Do you have any opinions based on what we've got re: who you might vote today?
Bullz has already voted for Boogs, and Boogs has already voted for LC.
Jeez you would think I would look at the board occasionally.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

I feel like I'm thinking in circles. I know Boogs isn't bad, but I can think of a possible (though probably extremely unlikely) scenario where he might be a recruit. But it would mean that he would have to have more information than I think he does. So I'm going to stick with the most logical conclusion that Boogs is still a civ.

I'm currently thinking there are maybe 3 or so baddies left. I haven't seen the movie since I was a little kid, so I don't remember anything really, but is there another group of villains in the movie? With 25 players, one was an even night killer, one was an odd night killer, and one team of mafia with 2 or 3 people and some recruits. That sounds pretty even to me. I think.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I have to go to work. Juliets, you have to just go with your gut at this point. I will cross my fingers and vote Lorab, if you want a baddie this lynch then please do the same.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The thing about recruits is just because one mafia team has one it doesn't mean a second mafia team has one as well. Usually you balance a recruit with stronger powers for the people on the other team because they have one less person. I tend to lean more toward two teams because with 25 people and a ratio of 1/3 mafia that would come out to enough for two teams. Also, in many games if there are two teams and they draw down to like one member of one team and 2 members of the other the hosts will combine them into one team giving them both night kills. There is just so much unknown here I don't know what to think.

Dana, I think we each have one piece of evidence known to us and no one else about Boogs being good. You say you know him to be good which could just be something you say so we will believe with you, and I say he is good because he is 100% right with my alignment which only I know to be true. As I think about it though, even though each of our pieces of evidence are unverifiable by anyone else we don't have similar info on any of the other players. This brings me to decide to trust that Boogs is good. The thing I'm still bothered by is he is saying he "feels" he is 100% sure of LC and Bullz which is different from the way he expressed the 100% certainty about me. There was no "feels" in it. So I'm still going around and around. Are you feeling any more clear on which way to go for a vote? Whichever way we go I think we ought to go that way together, but my feeling at the moment is to just toss a coin in the air. I'm certainly not pressuring you to vote my way because my way is so unclear, but I am interested in what direction you feel you are going in.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

juliets wrote:The thing about recruits is just because one mafia team has one it doesn't mean a second mafia team has one as well. Usually you balance a recruit with stronger powers for the people on the other team because they have one less person. I tend to lean more toward two teams because with 25 people and a ratio of 1/3 mafia that would come out to enough for two teams. Also, in many games if there are two teams and they draw down to like one member of one team and 2 members of the other the hosts will combine them into one team giving them both night kills. There is just so much unknown here I don't know what to think.

Dana, I think we each have one piece of evidence known to us and no one else about Boogs being good. You say you know him to be good which could just be something you say so we will believe with you, and I say he is good because he is 100% right with my alignment which only I know to be true. As I think about it though, even though each of our pieces of evidence are unverifiable by anyone else we don't have similar info on any of the other players. This brings me to decide to trust that Boogs is good. The thing I'm still bothered by is he is saying he "feels" he is 100% sure of LC and Bullz which is different from the way he expressed the 100% certainty about me. There was no "feels" in it. So I'm still going around and around. Are you feeling any more clear on which way to go for a vote? Whichever way we go I think we ought to go that way together, but my feeling at the moment is to just toss a coin in the air. I'm certainly not pressuring you to vote my way because my way is so unclear, but I am interested in what direction you feel you are going in.
The thing about Boogs is that if by some random happenstance he actually is civ, he's still not a very good one. You can't ignore the blatant lies like the fake curse, or how he claimed info on me (saying he knew I was bad and repeatedly hinting at info, which I alone know isn't true. He also vouched for Bea, a known baddie). I don't really believe that he is a civ because his behaviour throughout the game has been the opposite of civ-friendly.

Return to “Previous Jobs”