Racketeer
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Re: Philosophy Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by ilario »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:06 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:04 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:01 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:21 am @falcon45ca Can you/did you confirm this mechanic?
Yes. Get yo dang votes off Mac
Why do you think he's town?
If he wasn't, he wouldn't have checked me & got me into our chat
Huh?

From my understanding the chat already existed BEFORE he decided to check you. If that’s the case you need to clearly outline yours roles and the sequence of events that make him clear to you.

Falcon if you can do either of the following before eod I will consider easing up on mac:

-iso and give detailed reads on 3 poe slots
-properly catch up to the game and give us a summary of where you stand
-make a proper case for someone else who should be voted instead of Mac and why

Until either of that happens I will maintain the fact that I think mac used his ability in a suboptimal way. But as of rn if you are town you’re potentially a clear and doing almost nothing with it and just wasting it.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Dyslexicon »

ilario wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:10 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:21 am @falcon45ca Can you/did you confirm this mechanic?
Huh?

From my understanding the chat already existed BEFORE he decided to check you. If that’s the case you need to clearly outline yours roles and the sequence of events that make him clear to you.

Falcon if you can do either of the following before eod I will consider easing up on mac:

Until either of that happens I will maintain the fact that I think mac used his ability in a suboptimal way. But as of rn if you are town you’re potentially a clear and doing almost nothing with it and just wasting it.
This but less words
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 107

Post by falcon45ca »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:08 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:06 amIf he wasn't, he wouldn't have checked me & got me into our chat
Why not? I understood it to be a mechanical part of your roles.
Why not what? Mac check me?

Mafia are alerted when one of us checks the other, tho our identity isn't revealed (haha, that worked out). Mac waited til I wasn't around for a chunk o' time, then checked me. Meanwhile, he was farting...which for Jay is a reason to lynch a player of Mac's calibre? Yeah, not buying it.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Huh?

It did exist before, but I hadn't joined it.

If I can, then you'll consider? Sounds like you want me to do a bunch of work for a maybe. Ain't happenin'.

Why is Mac Maf? Oh yeah, using an ability suboptimally doesn't make someone Maf. You're too eager to lynch someone you seem to be aware stands a good chance of being town.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Ilario is making odd demands considering they're not voting for Mac or I.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 am
Huh?

If I can, then you'll consider? Sounds like you want me to do a bunch of work for a maybe. Ain't happenin'.

Why is Mac Maf? Oh yeah, using an ability suboptimally doesn't make someone Maf. You're too eager to lynch someone you seem to be aware stands a good chance of being town.
I want you to do a bunch of work to prove me wrong or else you’re just proving my point that mac used his ability to go ahead and clear a slot that proceeds to do nothing with it is far more anti-town than letting you clear him and remove a slot that will likely be dealt with a shit tonne of paranoia and has been already.

Like you have little awareness of what’s actually happening which is why I’m prompting you to actually read the thread in my previous post because if you paid any attention you would realize half the people you’re accusing of being eager to lynch mac aren’t even voting him right now.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

ilario wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:57 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 am
Huh?

I want you to do a bunch of work to prove me wrong or else you’re just proving my point that mac used his ability to go ahead and clear a slot that proceeds to do nothing with it is far more anti-town than letting you clear him and remove a slot that will likely be dealt with a shit tonne of paranoia and has been already.

Like you have little awareness of what’s actually happening which is why I’m prompting you to actually read the thread in my previous post because if you paid any attention you would realize half the people you’re accusing of being eager to lynch mac aren’t even voting him right now.
Dizzy was voting Mac literally moments before I told him to get his vote off. Telling Dizzy to get his vote off was also a general reprimand for anyone with a vote on Mac. A player doesn't have to have a vote on someone to be eager to lynch them, they're not mutually exclusive.

You calling Mac scummy but not voting for him is scummy btw.

You play the game your way, I'll play it mine.

OHHHHHHHHH yeah, if you think clearing my slot when I'm not participating all that much was a sub-optimal move by Mac, then you don't know much about my scum game.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Like, what exactly are you trying to say here ilario?

That Mac is town and used his ability sub-optimally by clearing me? That I'm town using my role sub-optimally? That Mac is Maf? That I'm Maf?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:14 am Like, what exactly are you trying to say here ilario?

That Mac is town and used his ability sub-optimally by clearing me? That I'm town using my role sub-optimally? That Mac is Maf? That I'm Maf?
I’m saying that mac was in a position where he was already being scumread by the lobby. He was also playing in a slanky way, meanwhile you had almost no pressure on you. In that situation, it is beneficial for him to get himself cleared even if that means he has to wait a little longer. Not only that but He’s seen I’ve seen take charge in games and solo carry, so clearing a slot like that is valuable. And I’m not doubting your ability to carry and I’m sure you’re capable of that, but you don’t strike me as someone who likes to take charge of the lobby and that’s fine because I don’t really like to either even if my play might sometimes contradict that. So with all those points considered i find the use of his ability to clear you over himself very off.

And don’t get me wrong, I can see a world where he got impatient and trigger happy and used it as town, Which is why my knee jerk reaction was to change my vote just a few moments after I put my vote on him and put it in drwilgy who I found to be actually scummy. You can both very well be town, but neither you nor him have given me a single good reason as to why he is town. The onus is not on me there, because you’re the one telling people to unvote mac.

On the flip side if mac is mafia, I can see a world where he’s also just using that as a cover story and was planning to convince u to let him use it on you anyways even if you had joined in time.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

OK, so it's a shade of Mac w/o voting for him is what you're saying. Gotcha
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

yeah okay thanks for proving my point

/vote mac

im not changing this vote
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:22 pm Okay dizzy is probably town but I cbf explaining why I changed my mind.

I don’t have enough posts left to figure out who actually is mafia so I’m just gonna vote out in the poool of drwilgy/naa/marmot. From the three I think drwilgy is the only one I actually sr, the other two are purely for strategical reasons even if I do think they’re both pretty likely to be town.

@nutella u still haven’t explained what about me is towny

/vote drwilgy
Interesting
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Ilario has some...progressions that I find odd. Especially concerning Nutella, Dizzy, and Mac.

If you go to his ISO and search "Mac", you'll see that ilario never cares about Mac's play really until the claim. Then, cuz' he doesn't like the way Mac used his role, he won't remove his vote.

This is scum who've finally found the wagon they can stick to and justify never moving.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: NAA] aubergine

Let's save Mac y'all.

NAA's ISO is garbage.

I'm fine voting Ilario, NAA, JJJ this RD
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

L i g h t
R o l e
M a d n e s s
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

As I begin to absorb today’s episode of Nonsense Mechanics, this seems to be the core matter. If Mac is town, he green checked falcon. So falcon can only be mafia in a world where Mac also is (still wouldn’t have to be), barring goofy shit that would seem to violate host promises.

So I land here. Falcon’s perspective of Mac is a valuable one, because he has unique access to Mac in this game. Falcon: can you please expand on what you say in this post here (that is, why wouldn’t mafia Mac do that), and also just give your general impressions of what he’s done in the chat?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Sloonei I have saved some of these posts with the hope of interacting with you pre-cap lift. It’d be really swell just get some bare bones of what you think of the game even if not via a wretched ketchup.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m going to be making a “brief” drive today and expect to be around in the EDT afternoon. I am having family shit sprung on me about the Thanks being Given, so if they end up doing things I’m not gonna be mobile phone Mafia guy. It’s possible that applies around EOD. We’ll see.

I’ll [VOTE: unvote] aubergine for the moment and sort my thoughts as I drive.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:01 pm
As I begin to absorb today’s episode of Nonsense Mechanics, this seems to be the core matter. If Mac is town, he green checked falcon. So falcon can only be mafia in a world where Mac also is (still wouldn’t have to be), barring goofy shit that would seem to violate host promises.

So I land here. Falcon’s perspective of Mac is a valuable one, because he has unique access to Mac in this game. Falcon: can you please expand on what you say in this post here (that is, why wouldn’t mafia Mac do that), and also just give your general impressions of what he’s done in the chat?
I feel Mac would have checked me instantly if he were Maf, and wouldn't have done the fart posting as well...if that type of posting aroused suspicion (which it did), why do it when he knows I could check him? His check on me coincides with my lack of posting/participating in our chat, which is a towny mindset IMO.

In our chat he made mention of my being town after all, and we've been solving together. He's not pocketing me, and we're not agreeing on all our reads...something that strikes me as towny as well.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One quick note:

I don’t think “optimality” is necessarily a sound notion to pursue or expect in #TonyLightRoleMadness. I’m also not sure I’d call what Mac has claimed to do “suboptimal”. There’s a good chance I check falcon and don’t even wait if I am in that position. I trust myself to be “cleared” when it counts, and I don’t struggle to believe Mac might have a similar perspective.

Overall I don’t know whether this stuff changes my view of Mac, but the role usage as I understand it doesn’t really bother me additionally.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks falcon.

As a general rule, I’m not giving anyone credit for fart posts and certainly not MacDougall. Your other comments are more useful to me though and I will think it over.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 310
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:01 pm

I feel Mac would have checked me instantly if he were Maf, and wouldn't have done the fart posting as well...if that type of posting aroused suspicion (which it did), why do it when he knows I could check him? His check on me coincides with my lack of posting/participating in our chat, which is a towny mindset IMO.

In our chat he made mention of my being town after all, and we've been solving together. He's not pocketing me, and we're not agreeing on all our reads...something that strikes me as towny as well.
This is fine I guess. I don't think I want to chop Mac today really. Just not sure where else to vote, naa and wilgy both kinda feel like copout options but I don't have anything better to put forward atm.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Master Radishes »

Yeah having not read his posts at all, just based on past games and the feel of this game, NAA feels like a shruggy cop-out vote.

But also I don't know what I'm talking about basically at all so.

Let's vote Anne instead?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:28 pm Yeah having not read his posts at all, just based on past games and the feel of this game, NAA feels like a shruggy cop-out vote.

But also I don't know what I'm talking about basically at all so.

Let's vote Anne instead?
What's a cop-out vote exactly?

How is Anne better than NAA? In what ways is Anne scummy to you?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:48 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:06 amIf he wasn't, he wouldn't have checked me & got me into our chat

Mafia are alerted when one of us checks the other, tho our identity isn't revealed (haha, that worked out). Mac waited til I wasn't around for a chunk o' time, then checked me. Meanwhile, he was farting...which for Jay is a reason to lynch a player of Mac's calibre? Yeah, not buying it.
What is confusing to me is the wording "got me into our chat". Did Mac alert you in thread about the chat, or how did he get you in?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:32 pm

What is confusing to me is the wording "got me into our chat". Did Mac alert you in thread about the chat, or how did he get you in?
He got TSP to message me and remind me of the chat.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

pls refrain from messaging host communication no more warnings will be given

i am like a vapor, who appears in the air, an ethereal force which cannot be interacted with
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gas Station Thought of the Day:

Without looking, can anyone in the chat remember a read Nanook has put in this thread other than “Jay bad”?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:36 pm

I see. That makes more sense then. Because I didn't understand what you meant by Mac getting you into the chat, from what I read of Mac's account of the role.

I also think the criticism from Ilario (and others?) is pretty valid tbh. Cause why didn't Mac just ask that and wait for you to get there before making a decision? If I was town, I definitely would've waited, if I have all day. But that's me. I understand you disagree, but I don't think it's strange at all to question that tbh.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:40 pm Gas Station Thought of the Day:

Without looking, can anyone in the chat remember a read Nanook has put in this thread other than “Jay bad”?
No, but I know that his vote sucks.

But all of my votes sucks too, so it's only fair
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:52 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:36 pm

I see. That makes more sense then. Because I didn't understand what you meant by Mac getting you into the chat, from what I read of Mac's account of the role.

I also think the criticism from Ilario (and others?) is pretty valid tbh. Cause why didn't Mac just ask that and wait for you to get there before making a decision? If I was town, I definitely would've waited, if I have all day. But that's me. I understand you disagree, but I don't think it's strange at all to question that tbh.
I mean, people disagree about how to use an ability, and that's fine.

Does it make Mac Maf?
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:30 pm How is Anne better than NAA? In what ways is Anne scummy to you?
Dunno but I'm sure I'll think of reasons eventually.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:56 pmI mean, people disagree about how to use an ability, and that's fine.

Does it make Mac Maf?
No, and I'm not really saying that. I do think it's strange, but of course it can happen as town and mafia, sure. Haven't read many of Mac's posts, but if the vibe that it's mostly one liners, shallow takes and jokes, then that is something I associate with mafia!Mac.

@MacDougall What inspired you to vote me? Do you have an active read on me one way or another?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 310
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

It did cross my mind that anne's woe-is-me posts about not enjoying the game could be a wifomy "wolf wouldn't openly say this" gambit, she did lean into it slightly overmuch i thought
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 pm @Sloonei I have saved some of these posts with the hope of interacting with you pre-cap lift. It’d be really swell just get some bare bones of what you think of the game even if not via a wretched ketchup.
I think it's lovely that this game is happening, but I should not be signing up to play mafia at this time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can I get a brief summary of the main wagons so that I can attempt to weigh in on stuff?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

I was legally obligated to play as a winner (technically) of Philo 1.

But I did not expect it to fill this quickly nor with this quality of players. I also should not be playing Mafia at this time tbh.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:02 pm Can I get a brief summary of the main wagons so that I can attempt to weigh in on stuff?
The only one with actual clear reasoning is Mac's for questionable mech usage (but falcon is vouching for him). The rest are various shades of shrugs.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nobody should be playing mafia at any time. We all know this.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:02 pm Can I get a brief summary of the main wagons so that I can attempt to weigh in on stuff?
The only one with actual clear reasoning is Mac's for questionable mech usage (but falcon is vouching for him). The rest are various shades of shrugs.
Questional mech usage is not the reason I've had to be vaguely suspicious of Mac. I just feel like he's doing the one liners shallow I'm so cool thing which he does a lot as scum. But then, I haven't actually read most of his posts, so I don't really know.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Anyway, I still don't feel particularly inspired to get into reading today. Maybe this is just how I play D1 now. I largely don't know what's going on apart from feels. So sorry about that. I don't plan on not playing the game, but this day phase has just been bleh, and I'm tired.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:04 pm
Should we be skeptical of the five people who are voting for axehole for shadey shrugs?

I want to ask about mac's questionable mech usage, but I don't want to force anyone to waste posts explaining something to me that probably has an easily searchable answer, but if someone doesn't mind doing that I would appreciate it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:07 pm Anyway, I still don't feel particularly inspired to get into reading today. Maybe this is just how I play D1 now. I largely don't know what's going on apart from feels. So sorry about that. I don't plan on not playing the game, but this day phase has just been bleh, and I'm tired.
Hi, welcome to radish style Mafia. You are officially a jaded vet of the game.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:09 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:07 pm Anyway, I still don't feel particularly inspired to get into reading today. Maybe this is just how I play D1 now. I largely don't know what's going on apart from feels. So sorry about that. I don't plan on not playing the game, but this day phase has just been bleh, and I'm tired.
Hi, welcome to radish style Mafia. You are officially a jaded vet of the game.
Yeah. Also rolling my eyes at people voting me for basically not playing. If you town read every other player in the game, then go ahead I guess. It's a very easy vote though, so be mindful of that if I don't come back and die I guess. And I won't be an easy vote if I get into the game, so mafia's chance to strike is today! Dizzy for sale!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I haven't made it to Day 2 in my two most recent games despite not actively participating in either. The Syndicate really does hate lurkers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:12 pm I haven't made it to Day 2 in my two most recent games despite not actively participating in either. The Syndicate really does hate lurkers.
At least I'm actively lurking and flaunting my gayness :lorab:
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:05 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:04 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 am Mac's story doesn't feel like a lie? When mafia lie about mechanics they tend to either keep it simple ('I'm a cop') or overly complex ('I'm a cop on Nights that fall within the fibonacci sequence but I only get a result if its a 3P who has activated their ability and I get a double cop on N1'). Mac's story is specific in a different way ('after 26 hours I got fed up and used it') that is unlikely to be fabricated.

Or it is just a clever lie I guess, which is also a possibility because uh we're starting to reach peak 'confirmed town' in a game that's supposedly not bastard, so I can only imagine the power Mafia have here.

It can be truth, and Mac can be mafia fwiw
I realise this. But occam's razor and all that.
how does "occam's razor" point to mac being town based on the logic that you laid out? doesn't occam's razor point to: "mac's claim is not reflective of his alignment"?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Marmot wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:39 am Hypertown

Marmot - Town
cassandra - Probably still my top townread, I had a moment of concern, but that was an overreaction on my part.

Hypotown

ilario / leetic - ⬆️ Both ilario/leetic have trended upward for me. I think part of it is I've been convinced by others. Part of it is their handling of Mac's claim.
nutella - 🔄 She was the first one to lay a stake down on Mac/falcon, and while she's been a little sparse, she's been townie enough,
Master Radishes - Not much content to read, and yet I mildly read him town for his confidence.
Lime Coke - 🔄 Nothing new
NotAnAxehole - 🔄 Post-capped, nothing new
JaggedJimmyJay - ⬆️ Still doesn't feel great with how he's explaining his reads, but I do really feel like he's letting the game move forward without being a commanding voice, while also attempting to contribute.
falcon45ca - ⬆️ Townread because of Mac's clear.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - ⬇️ Post-capped. Similarly to spf, I'm experiencing recency bias. Also, his tmi thing wert ilario/leetic, was weirdly handleded.

POE

anne - ⬇️ Nothing new postwise. Dropping here because I think she was a bit too high to begin with, and I gave her too much credit for her town-claiming monologue.
Dyslexicon - 🔄 He's been playing like Mac. Farts. Gays. And whatnot. Nothing townreadable.
MacDougall - ⬇️ He didn't handle his claim very well. I don't think it's a great claim, though I guess it's believable enough. But it isn't clearing, nor is any of Mac's behavior otherwise.
iaafr - 🔄 Apparently iaafr post-capped and I missed it. I will try to reread him when I get a chance. He still exists in my POE because he hasn't done anything memorable since my last readlist.

DrWilgy - 🔄 Basically no content.
Sloonei - 🔄 Literally no content.

@Sloonei good to see you, I look forward to your thoughts. I keep my online status visible for the same reason.

@cassandra I believe you have 108 posts to stop (because you had 8 Day 0), so you have 7 more to spare.
where do i exist on this list?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

this might go w/out saying but i buy that falcon is town regardless of mac's alignment based on falcon's posts on this page
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:14 am
ilario wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:10 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 am Mac's story doesn't feel like a lie? When mafia lie about mechanics they tend to either keep it simple ('I'm a cop') or overly complex ('I'm a cop on Nights that fall within the fibonacci sequence but I only get a result if its a 3P who has activated their ability and I get a double cop on N1'). Mac's story is specific in a different way ('after 26 hours I got fed up and used it') that is unlikely to be fabricated.

Or it is just a clever lie I guess, which is also a possibility because uh we're starting to reach peak 'confirmed town' in a game that's supposedly not bastard, so I can only imagine the power Mafia have here.
It doesn’t have to be a lie for him to be mafia. I don’t have any gripes with the claim I have gripes with how he used his role. And idc if he waited 26 hours I’m sure mac would see the value in having his slot cleared especially when people were already wary of him at the start of the game, especially when he has the ability to carry this game himself if he became clear and tried. What does clearing falcon achieve for town? I’ve seen falcon cleared one game before and he just proceeded to stop caring about the game and essentially 5 posted every day phase, it was a bad decision by mac if he’s town to clear falcon over himself considering ive heard falcon is pretty easy to read from others and the fact that falcon is gonna sheep Mac regardless despite being the clear and i think too highly of Mac to think he would make a bad play like that whilst simultaneously having a poe that I have an immense amount of trouble seeing of having any sense to it. He essentially has me and 2 slots who I have clearing interactions with on his poe, it’s just incredibly strange to believe that he legitimately believes me being scum with either dizzy or Cassandra makes sense based on the interactions I’ve had with both slots.
Counterpoint: it sounds exactly like Mac to get bored of waiting and make a snap decision.

You might be right of course. I do think someone amongst the 'clears' could easily be lying or else Mafia have extra PR power.
this post from master radishes pinged me because it felt like an unnatural observation. it doesn't make a ton of sense to say that "someone amongst the clears could easily be lying" when the only 'clears' were illario/leetic (whom MR was addressing this post to) and arguably falcon. MR is shooting down the suggestion that mac could be a wolf based on his claim while suggesting that "someone might be lying", but the only reality where someone is lying AND mac is town is a reality where illario/leetic are wolves together

it just felt like one of those reasonable sounding observations that wolves like to make that doesn't actually hold up to scrutiny when taken with the context of the game. i dont like it

Return to “Previous Rackets”