Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 129

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:32 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:45 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:35 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:32 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:53 pm
Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:45 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:40 pm

i thought alison was being villagery, though. so to me your thing of "that is so obviously in her scum range" implied that something villagery was in her scum range so that's not a reason to townread her (which, you clarified anyways, so cool). whatever the fuck people were townreading wilgy for read as random crap that shouldn't be considered villagery in any world so "he wouldn't do that as scum" or w/e read very differently
you thought she was being villagery off 3 posts

but are worried about early townreads on wilgy (and i don't think what he's done so far is "random crap" even if it's presented in a jokey fashion - he has reads and is expressing them)

[VOTE: alexa] aubergine
wilgy hasn't explained a single read and has literally just been posting nonsense, what the heck is villagery? alison's content has been good and i've agreed with most of it
Oh no! Out of my few posts which ones do you think are purposeful reads?
why is dizzy scum?
@DrWilgy you still haven't answered this

and it's AI because one of the reasons i've found you as town in the past is the way you've explained reads
Dizzy's entry was Wolfy, plus the scattered shitposting after. I found that it was hard to tell what was RVS and what was actual reading. I felt that there was way too much dissuasive voice being used. If zomg everyone is so towny, what would a wolf do other than try to break the core?
I don’t really know what you’re trying to say.
What is your record reading me? I don’t remember you usually having opinions on me.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:22 am @Lime Coke let me know if your feelings on SPF are still the same or not whenever you're around
There were a bit of times that I was kind of wavering in my tunnel on her, specifically the "you shouldn't have to be townreading me to try to work with me since that puts you into a conf-bias" post. Plus Alison mentioning that SPF responding with anger being town indicative for her is a decent point as well. At this rate I don't think she's mafia as much as I was last night.

I can't tell if it's me bitching out on scumreading her, or I was just wrong originally.
Also running out of confident enough options to vote out on Day 1.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DrWilgy »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:41 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:20 pm [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
why him?
zomg everyone's so towny

also his posts suck yet he has a lot of people townreading him for minor bad reasons which is >>>>rand wolf, and he hasn't answered my questioned about his dizzy read despite me pinging him multiple times
I saw one, and that was only because I re read. When in catch-up I'll often miss what was said while back reading until I get there.

At this point I'll take back my SPF wolf lean. The interactions between SPF and LC were good.

What did stick out was your slight town lean on Falcon. Talk to me about that one Alexa.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Wilgy probs town anyway so whatever
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Hmmmm....
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:39 am I reckon this game is fun
Meh, too much wall text that I have to read twice for my small peanut brain to absorb.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

That timing though...
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:50 am Alexa lime coke both town

Gira >rand town
Bad takes without explaining.
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:47 pmHmmmm....
You look like you’re in the need of some hot steamy coffee. I’ll make you a bulletproof. That is a coffee type, yes?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:49 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:50 am Alexa lime coke both town

Gira >rand town
No they're good takes
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:49 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:47 pmHmmmm....
You look like you’re in the need of some hot steamy coffee. I’ll make you a bulletproof. That is a coffee type, yes?
Sounds like some sort of alcoholic mixed coffee and if I'm right I'm in.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:09 am
Alison wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:02 am I skipped all the long posts with huge quotes on this page.

Wilgy esooa falcon splints illario LC spf all town just kill everyone else for a free win. See you guys in a day or two.
pretty much my entire poe is in here so that's a problem.
Just vote me dad.
Image Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@Dyslexicon

Who do you have as town currently?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:52 pm @Dyslexicon

Who do you have as town currently?
You.

And then a bunch of people that are fairly towny. But I don’t know if I’m in the right mind frame to sort them right now. Hopefully will be later
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:27 am Almost done catching up, but on my way out.

Most important thing I want to say: Mac is not a bad wolf per se. Comparing his game to his fart game is dumb. He's not town just because he's not farting all over the place. In fact, I find his posts really lacking, especially the first string of posts. Feel like they are just words that could be any other words, and it wouldn't make a difference. I don't get where he get any of his takes from, doesn't seem to care about them himself either. And he can be much, much better as town than saying stuff that just sounds random.

Also noting that Alexa said "Mac sucks as wolf", which seems quite harsh actually. Wondering if this is w/w. She also follows up with Mac being able to laugh at her if she's wrong. Kind of a red flag for me. I might come back to this, but this is a connection that I want people to remember if one flips wolf. This connection is strengthened by Mac replying "lol" to Lime telling someone to get their vote off of Alexa. Mac also laughed at others town reading their scum mates in his previous game.

Don't have time, might get back to this.

Lime town obv. Haven't decided on SPF yet tbh. But I'm intrigued lol
Think this is a good one for me to try to explain my Dizzy read. Why are we putting so much effort into the dissuasion of "Mac is Town" vs telling us "This is why Mac is Wolf" ?
Image Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:44 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:22 am @Lime Coke let me know if your feelings on SPF are still the same or not whenever you're around
There were a bit of times that I was kind of wavering in my tunnel on her, specifically the "you shouldn't have to be townreading me to try to work with me since that puts you into a conf-bias" post. Plus Alison mentioning that SPF responding with anger being town indicative for her is a decent point as well. At this rate I don't think she's mafia as much as I was last night.

I can't tell if it's me bitching out on scumreading her, or I was just wrong originally.
By the way the other thing that kinda kills me is that the reason I got super excited last night was because it was the fact that reading someone's mafia game and using what I learned actually fucking worked for once for me and I actually had a mafia member immediately.
Now it's kind of pointing out that it was kind of useless and I'm salty over it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:27 am Almost done catching up, but on my way out.

Most important thing I want to say: Mac is not a bad wolf per se. Comparing his game to his fart game is dumb. He's not town just because he's not farting all over the place. In fact, I find his posts really lacking, especially the first string of posts. Feel like they are just words that could be any other words, and it wouldn't make a difference. I don't get where he get any of his takes from, doesn't seem to care about them himself either. And he can be much, much better as town than saying stuff that just sounds random.

Also noting that Alexa said "Mac sucks as wolf", which seems quite harsh actually. Wondering if this is w/w. She also follows up with Mac being able to laugh at her if she's wrong. Kind of a red flag for me. I might come back to this, but this is a connection that I want people to remember if one flips wolf. This connection is strengthened by Mac replying "lol" to Lime telling someone to get their vote off of Alexa. Mac also laughed at others town reading their scum mates in his previous game.

Don't have time, might get back to this.

Lime town obv. Haven't decided on SPF yet tbh. But I'm intrigued lol
Think this is a good one for me to try to explain my Dizzy read. Why are we putting so much effort into the dissuasion of "Mac is Town" vs telling us "This is why Mac is Wolf" ?
Because I’m not at all sure Mac is a wolf, but I’m sure I don’t town read him.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dissuasion lol
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:39 am
ilario wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:33 am Fwiw dizzy in regards to ur w/w tinfoil: because I think that’s a very reasonable thought to have since I don’t think W!alexa would ever say that to T!mac, so yeah imo if alexa is a wolf then I would almost always consider mac a wolf too after her flip so I like that you considered that and had that thought. That being said I think alexa is most likely just town and that comment came out during a moment of frustration
This could be. But I still think Mac is definitely in his scum range, and I haven't seen any town pointers from him yet.

Kind of surprised you have a confident read on me, but maybe that's just the stage of our relationship now lol
And then you go and post this. Idk. Maybe I'm just bad at reading you.
Image Image Image

Dizzy is v likely town
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:33 am I’d guess on Gira as town. Would like a more comprehensive view from them.

If Gira is town, Alison’s votes are bad. So that’s a thing. I think she was supposed to be voting me rn.
Talk to me about this. I've thought Alison to be on point for the most part.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Gira >rand town
No they're good takes
Perhaps tell me why?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:57 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:44 pm

By the way the other thing that kinda kills me is that the reason I got super excited last night was because it was the fact that reading someone's mafia game and using what I learned actually fucking worked for once for me and I actually had a mafia member immediately.
Now it's kind of pointing out that it was kind of useless and I'm salty over it.
I disagree with it being useless. I feel like both you and SPF are solid out of POE for now because of it.

You believed in your read making you town and I believe SPF's reaction to be towny.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:59 pm Dissuasion lol
Yeah no, I'm moving you back to null. I don't know how to read you.

Early dissuasive voice in of itself I read as Wolfy, but your following posts on Mac when you committed to the vote I was able to read in a town voice.
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:01 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:33 am I’d guess on Gira as town. Would like a more comprehensive view from them.

If Gira is town, Alison’s votes are bad. So that’s a thing. I think she was supposed to be voting me rn.
Talk to me about this. I've thought Alison to be on point for the most part.
It’s nothing more beyond what the post says. If Gira is town, which I think (though I probably think too many people are town) then her votes are not on point.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:06 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Gira >rand town
No they're good takes
Perhaps tell me why?
Cause they're probably accurate

Anyways wilgy is probably mafia here

Dizzy Gira alexa probably lime are town.
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

hi i'm home now

will read stuff at some point
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Early dissuasive voice in of itself I read as Wolfy, but your following posts on Mac when you committed to the vote I was able to read in a town voice.
Ok. Do you think Mac is town here? I struggle to get any scum reads tbh
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Still have him as a slight town lean.

I have a scum read on Alexa rn, I still think the earlier wolf read was BS. Especially when Falcon is just slightly out of town range? Like that didn't make sense.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:16 pm Anyways wilgy is probably mafia here

No, maybe, no, no, yes,

Please sir, may I have some more?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:19 pm

I have a scum read on Alexa rn, I still think the earlier wolf read was BS. Especially when Falcon is just slightly out of town range? Like that didn't make sense.
And as I say that, he's definitely at the bottom of town leans.

If you are town, then I'd probably move him to null >= wolf lean.
Image Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Town:
Alexa
Illario
Esooa
Alison
Dizzy

Most confident to least.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:24 pm Town:
Alexa
Illario
Esooa
Alison
Dizzy

Most confident to least.
How are you so confident on Alexa?

Mine is
Town:
LC
SPF
Ilario
Alison
Esooa
Image Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:28 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:24 pm Town:
Alexa
Illario
Esooa
Alison
Dizzy

Most confident to least.
How are you so confident on Alexa?

Mine is
Town:
LC
SPF
Ilario
Alison
Esooa
Because I know how to read her.

Wilgy is literally doing the thing with alexa that I memed about lol
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:16 pm Anyways wilgy is probably mafia here

vote this iyam
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:32 pm Wilgy is literally doing the thing with alexa that I memed about lol
What?
Image Image Image
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

so it's literally just OMGUS?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I just re-read Gira and they are town too.

Ezgame.
Image Image Image
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

what do you mean irt falcon? idk anything about falcon's ranges, only that TSP said falcon is more inclined to push people as town
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:36 pm

I'd say it's more so noticing inconsistencies.

Gira pointed one out as well that makes sense. It's almost as if you are pick and choosing your reads.
Image Image Image
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:32 pm Wilgy is literally doing the thing with alexa that I memed about lol
so did dizzy lol. it's usually towny but in this case it's OMGUS so doesn't count
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:37 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:36 pm

I'd say it's more so noticing inconsistencies.

Gira pointed one out as well that makes sense. It's almost as if you are pick and choosing your reads.
what inconsistencies? and do you think being consistent = a villager?

the thing with gira admittedly had to do with my own personal bias
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:37 pm
so did dizzy lol. it's usually towny but in this case it's OMGUS so doesn't count
I don’t think you know what I’m doing in regards to you, cause I don’t.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:40 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:37 pm
I don’t think you know what I’m doing in regards to you, cause I don’t.
i do too know! you are a person who is doing a thing in a game of mafia
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:36 pm what do you mean irt falcon? idk anything about falcon's ranges, only that TSP said falcon is more inclined to push people as town
Ok, and what are my ranges then?

Falcon has several unexplained call outs and votes, but is town leaned by you? unless you specifically had an issue with my dizzy read, I don't understand it.
Image Image Image
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I don't wanna vote Wilgy he's a good doctor
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Alison wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:40 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pmhow did dizzy come off as being "much more careful about his reads" when he posted a list of 4 townreads (or potential townreads) on page 2? the fact that he was getting so many reads so quickly is exactly why i was worried about him lol
Why do you worry about that?

I'm getting tons of reads and also none.
Seems normal, in my humble opinion.
i tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
Lots of people didn't struggle to make reads. They can't all have TMI.
yeah true, but dizzy's posts felt distinct to me in that i felt he was getting the most reads out of everyone who was posting within the first few pages

i think he's probably town now though

Return to “Previous Heists”