[Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Re: [Day 6] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by timmer »

Wow, this Dom movement is making me feel a lot more comfortable about voting for He-Man. It's not that I feel Dom is civ, I agree with many of the points being made about him. but it feels like He-man is being saved, here. I'm happy to vote He-Man.
My siggie.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I agree. I'm gonna vote He-Man.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by reywaS »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
reywaS wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom's forgetting that the game was even going on is really weird. If he is a civvie, I doubt he would do that, and his posts have been weirder over time, although I do know he is very busy with college life. Perhaps if he had a baddie team he might not be as inattentive, and I was reading him as civvie early in the game. IDK. I could see him being bad, I guess. Same goes for SE, although I haven't been reading him as particularly civvie at any point (unlike Dom). I think his behavior could easily been seen as suspicious baddie flying under the radar, but having known SE's behavior in the only two other games he played, he was pretty quiet in those and civvie both times, so I'm not sure there either. Could be bad too.
Just curious about the bolded, underlined part. What made you read him as civvie early on? I went back and read his early posts...and while I was at it, I went ahead and read all of his posts as he's only made 14 in the entire game. His vote for Timmer was a little strange tbh as he kind of just drive by voted for him after not mentioning him previously. I see nothing in any of his posts to suggest hes a civvie. He hasn't taken a strong stance on anyone other than BF. He got upset and voted BF based on a comment, but it really didn't seem like he thought BF was actually bad. He agreed with Roxy in one post. And he's mentioned THREE times that he's forgotten he's playing in this game.
When I say early on, I mean literally his behavior Day 1 and previous, as sparse as it was, a good chunk of his posts were during that period. If you might recall, LT connected that I was saying Dom was bad all the way back then when I made my argument against He-Man, but I clarified and told her I did not say Dom was bad. After Day 1, I wouldn't say his behavior points him one way or the other for me, other than his complete lack of being here. It's hard to describe because it's really just my gut. I still think he might be bad, but I feel the points against He-Man push it ever so slightly over the edge. Do you think we might have two baddies or do you think He-Man is civvie (or that both are civvie, but you don't seem to be indicating that)?
Juliets recent post has me thinking that we might actually have two baddies up for this lynch. The only thing I could come up with to point to He-Man being a baddie is the vote for Battleram as a vehicle choice, but the vote for DH really does look damning. I had forgotten about that very strange vote. Couple that with the fact that there was really no good reason to vote Battleram unless it was part of a team effort to spread out vehicle votes, and I would feel comfortable voting for He-Man in this lynch.

Vote: He-Man

...with a big eye on Dom as well. :eye:
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Zany Dex »

So the baddies have one this battle it seems but you will never win the war!

Go team civs :)
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Yeah so once it's revealed I'm a civ and I WILL pleasE give Dom and dfaraday a careful eye and donybelieve the BS that timmer is Indy he is a horde member.

infact everyone who voted me I would have an eye on tbh Especially those who made my lynch stick timmer again and reywas not cool mate you know my civvie game and this is it!!!!

LT Thanks for having my back you know me well I appreciate your support I got my fingers crossed you will win!

Also epic this has been EPIC!! Loved this game it's right up my alley.

No hard feeling JC and Indi it's not personal ever it's mafia. If your civ and I'm not sure good luck!!
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Also a warning to all I got severly reprimanded for violating skeletons hex if I didn't make my hex obvious I would not be getting lynched today

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL!!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 316

Post by Snow Dog »

^it ain't over yet.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Snow Dog wrote:^it ain't over yet.
Well all short of a miracle my friend it is :(
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

He-Man wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:^it ain't over yet.
Well all short of a miracle my friend it is :(
14 votes cast. 23 players. One of those not playing. Another hasn't voted yet. So 21 players active means there are seven more votes to come. let's say a few will "forget" so call it four. You have a slim chance.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I have a feeling I will need less than half what Dom has got tbh
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

He-Man wrote:I have a feeling I will need less than half what Dom has got tbh
I haven't voted yet because I still can't rid myself of a nagging suspicion about you. Also I'd love to vote for Dom for reasons others have argued, plus he had a go at me for saying I was new all the time.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149

Post by Elohcin »

Voting Dom. He hasn't even tried to defend himself.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

Tie it up, Snowy! You know you want to. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:Tie it up, Snowy! You know you want to. :)
I do....let the fates decide.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

And I have to go very soon so a decision is forthcoming.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Gah....I have to go. I am tying up the vote. The fates shall decide the guilty.

Votes Dom
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 67

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

I'm still going to have to vote he-man for reasons I have previously stated. votes He-Man
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Post by Epignosis »

Only 17 players bothered to vote? The Host is displeased. :disappoint:

I will post in a little while; bear with me.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

reywaS wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
reywaS wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom's forgetting that the game was even going on is really weird. If he is a civvie, I doubt he would do that, and his posts have been weirder over time, although I do know he is very busy with college life. Perhaps if he had a baddie team he might not be as inattentive, and I was reading him as civvie early in the game. IDK. I could see him being bad, I guess. Same goes for SE, although I haven't been reading him as particularly civvie at any point (unlike Dom). I think his behavior could easily been seen as suspicious baddie flying under the radar, but having known SE's behavior in the only two other games he played, he was pretty quiet in those and civvie both times, so I'm not sure there either. Could be bad too.
Just curious about the bolded, underlined part. What made you read him as civvie early on? I went back and read his early posts...and while I was at it, I went ahead and read all of his posts as he's only made 14 in the entire game. His vote for Timmer was a little strange tbh as he kind of just drive by voted for him after not mentioning him previously. I see nothing in any of his posts to suggest hes a civvie. He hasn't taken a strong stance on anyone other than BF. He got upset and voted BF based on a comment, but it really didn't seem like he thought BF was actually bad. He agreed with Roxy in one post. And he's mentioned THREE times that he's forgotten he's playing in this game.
When I say early on, I mean literally his behavior Day 1 and previous, as sparse as it was, a good chunk of his posts were during that period. If you might recall, LT connected that I was saying Dom was bad all the way back then when I made my argument against He-Man, but I clarified and told her I did not say Dom was bad. After Day 1, I wouldn't say his behavior points him one way or the other for me, other than his complete lack of being here. It's hard to describe because it's really just my gut. I still think he might be bad, but I feel the points against He-Man push it ever so slightly over the edge. Do you think we might have two baddies or do you think He-Man is civvie (or that both are civvie, but you don't seem to be indicating that)?
Juliets recent post has me thinking that we might actually have two baddies up for this lynch. The only thing I could come up with to point to He-Man being a baddie is the vote for Battleram as a vehicle choice, but the vote for DH really does look damning. I had forgotten about that very strange vote. Couple that with the fact that there was really no good reason to vote Battleram unless it was part of a team effort to spread out vehicle votes, and I would feel comfortable voting for He-Man in this lynch.

Vote: He-Man

...with a big eye on Dom as well. :eye:
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm voting Dom next lynch. I just think He-Man is better now because this reeks of save.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

:hug: Epi...Kate wuvs you!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kate wrote::hug: Epi...Kate wuvs you!
:ohyeah: :eye: hehe
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 6: An Eye for an Eye

The rocky fields seemed to never end. Gravelly hills punctuated by tufts of grass surrounded them on all sides, with only Zodac’s Mountain in the distance behind them. Its spire seemed to point toward heaven like an accusing finger.

The urge to kill swept upon the dwindling party like a hot wind. Most were still reeling over the death of DharmaHelper, a perpetual victim.

Eyes turned to He-Man, who insisted he was not corrupt.

Another faction threw their suspicion upon Dom, who had no answer to their accusations.

As they walked together, He-Man counted their number, and it occurred to him that someone was missing. Just as he began recounting them, he passed a rocky formation.

Someone- one of his accusers- stepped up behind him, whipped the wire over his head, and garroted him so hard that He-Man’s neck bled in an arc, as though it were trying to smile.

The change came more quickly than it had before, and the most noticeable shift was that his two normal eyes, bulging in terror, merged into a single, menacing triangular eye.

He-Man has been lynched. He was Tri-Klops.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

More to come...

Edit: I will put the next post here during my lunch (after 12:30pm EST). I apologize for the delay.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Wow.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Well played dex. After your last few posts I was sure you were civ.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I was pretty sure he was bad.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

It seems like a lot of people know something I don't.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Elohcin wrote:
of course in that platonic sorry there were so many missed votes i feel ya kind of way. :biggrin:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Wow, I have to say I am really surprised about He-Man. After his vote for Boomslang and his apparent hex, I never thought he would turn up Snake Mountain. Well played, sir.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 264

Post by LittleTiger »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

I am really shocked! BIH Tri-Klops and well played He-Man - you totally had me fooled.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

YES! BIH He-Man! I was right all along after all! I shouldn't have doubted myself, but very well played He-Man. I'm so glad we were right here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Does anyone have the voting order for this one? I didn't catch it in time.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

did anyone save a cap of the poll?
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

[Day 6] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Who buried DharmaHelper on Zodac's Mountain?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:30 am

Dom
thellama73 (8), Kate (9), LittleTiger (10), Flyin' High (11), AllAlongTheBoardwalk (13), Elohcin (17), Snow Dog (18)
37%

He-Man
indiglo (3), blindfaeth (5), juliets (6), MovingPictures07 (12), timmer (14), DisgruntledPorcupine (15), reywaS (16), >SpaghettiEverywhere (19)
42%

LittleTiger
He-Man (2)
5%

Snow Dog
orsonkidd (7)
5%
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Snow Dog wrote:I was pretty sure he was bad.

Me too. No shock here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sweet, thanks LT!
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kate wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
of course in that platonic sorry there were so many missed votes i feel ya kind of way. :biggrin:
I know :) I'm just pickin'
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dex, I agree you played a great game. I'm happy to see another baddie gone though.

Epig I feel your pain at the non-voters and I'm sorry. It's a great game, and that was an exciting lynch, I don't know why people wouldn't vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Methinks Dom voters should be look at. Me thinking it was a save might have been correct. :eye: :srsnod:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Methinks Dom voters should be look at. Me thinking it was a save might have been correct. :eye: :srsnod:
well maybe the ones who tagged on votes at the end. but it was certainly reasonable to think heman wasnt snake mountain based on that vote on day one.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Does anyone have a screen recap of the day 5 vote? I didn't get it and when I went back and looked in the thread I couldn't find where anyone posted it. Apologies if it was posted and I missed it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

juliets wrote:Does anyone have a screen recap of the day 5 vote? I didn't get it and when I went back and looked in the thread I couldn't find where anyone posted it. Apologies if it was posted and I missed it.
I don't have a screen cap, but I kept track - gimme a minute...
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote: Epig I feel your pain at the non-voters and I'm sorry. It's a great game, and that was an exciting lynch, I don't know why people wouldn't vote.
This.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Kate wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Methinks Dom voters should be look at. Me thinking it was a save might have been correct. :eye: :srsnod:
well maybe the ones who tagged on votes at the end. but it was certainly reasonable to think heman wasnt snake mountain based on that vote on day one.
I agree it was reasonable to think He-Man was less likely to be Snake Mountain than Horde...but why would that mean his team mates have only tagged on votes for Dom at the end as opposed to early on?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

reywaS wrote:
Kate wrote:
I agree it was reasonable to think He-Man was less likely to be Snake Mountain than Horde...but why would that mean his team mates have only tagged on votes for Dom at the end as opposed to early on?
Remember that He-Man only had three teammates left (assuming the Horde didn't know his role.) Yet he got seven votes, so at least four of those people are not Snake Mountain.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

EBWOP: I mean Dom got 7 votes, so at least four of THOSE people are not Snake Mountain.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

because i think the first few voters were civ and were well intentioned. im not so sure about the others.

i think its impt to remember we still dont know id dom is civ or not.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Kate wrote:because i think the first few voters were civ and were well intentioned. im not so sure about the others.

i think its impt to remember we still dont know id dom is civ or not.
sorry that was to sawyer
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Day 5 Vote Order:
PLAYERSDAY 5#
AceofSpacesNo Vote
AllAlongtheBoardwalkBWT7
Indiglo/AnnaDanielleBWT15
blindfaethMP13
DFaradayNo Vote
DharmaHelperBWT14
DisgruntledPorcupineBWT5
DomNo Vote
ElohcinBWT2
Flyin' HighBWT10
He-ManLT1
Ishar Morrad ChuainNo Vote
Stormcrow / JJLehtoBWT12
KateBWT9
The un-tamed / KeaponLaffin05No Vote
LittleTigerSTUNNED
MovingPictures07BWT4
orsonkiddBWT11
juliets/ reptaroniceBWT 8
reywaSNo Vote
Snow DogBWT16
>SpaghettiEverywhereNo Vote
thellama73BWT3
timmerBF6
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I think Dom voters had good reasons for thinking Dom is baddie and He-Man voters had good reasons for thinking He-man was baddie. Some even mentioned (as I would agree) that they think both are baddie and it was a win win lynching situation.

Return to “Previous Jobs”