Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 3

Post by Elohcin »

seriously.....three pages to catch up on since dinner! Hey everybody...Shhhh! :p.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

sabie12 wrote:I participate when I can I'm just not around that often and when not much is going on I don't say much. This particular poll doesn't take much discussion. It's all the same thing. Made and enrique are still my suspects and I'm still not sure what to think of MP and his super long posts suspecting a bunch of different people. Not sure what went down with the Snow Dog thing. I didn't see anything suspicious there and was unsure as to why people really wanted to vote for them in the first place. I hadn't seen a lot of posts prior to that regarding them so I thought it was weird that all of the sudden a bunch of people moved to lynch a civvie. Also, wary of Epi coming back not sure what to think of that yet.
The whole Snow Dog case is there for you to see, not before, but during the lynch. He changed his vote several times according to what anyone told him to do. Of course it turned out to be the wrong choice, but it's not really fair to say he got lynched for no reason.

Like, trust me guys, I'm not intentionally setting myself up for failure with every vote. If I'd thought Snow Dog was a civvie I wouldn't have voted for him. Second vote, too, when there were three different people with 3 votes, one with 4 and one with 5. Not trying to save anyone. But I still thought he was hella suspicious so my vote went there.

linki @ Epig- Not following.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Enrique wrote:Sick burn :( But damn at least I'm trying.
I mean thats what I'm doing. I said who I thought was bad . I gave my reasons sorry but this is how I play. Once I get a feel of how everyone is playing I will get more active.
Penny for your thoughts?
Thoughts on what?
Anything game related?
Well like I said I'm going to look at the people who voted Snow Dog . I still think made is bad reading his pass games when people were talking about lynching him when he was civ he would pretty much just say lynch me and you will see im civ this game he kinda did the opposite when he was talking to you so that caught my eye. I also am looking at Rico because of him defending Made I didn't really notice him doing that in the other games they played together so it makes me think they are on the same team. Thats all I got so far what about you.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Chris wrote:And I'll add, to the rest of the players following along, this proposed gambit of MP's all went down BEFORE Hedgie and co. deciphered that secret... when he would have thought that this little fact was safe...
Ok, there are like 10 pages to since last night again. But what does this mean? I see that peope have been decoding, but what did i decipher?
I thought you was you who deciphered the secrets. Maybe it was Dana?

I dunno.

I smoke pot.

Shocking, I know...
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:linki @ Epig- Not following.
I meant that MP was being facetious, and in turn, so was I.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

lol hey guys did I defend Made in the other game I've ever played with him?? I can't remember :ponder: And how did that turn out?

I'm not even sure I'm defending him here. Rather see him lynched tomorrow than me or MP or even Daisy :shrug:

linki - OK, that's your interpretation. Can we hear it from MP?
ImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

*it was you

(way to live up to the stereotype Chris :derp: )
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:lol hey guys did I defend Made in the other game I've ever played with him?? I can't remember :ponder: And how did that turn out?

I'm not even sure I'm defending him here. Rather see him lynched tomorrow than me or MP or even Daisy :shrug:

You need to hear from MP what a wink followed by a "Deja Vu much?" comment followed by a tongue out smiley means?

I am struggling to find an interpretation other than "facetiousness" that is still platonic...
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Enrique wrote:lol hey guys did I defend Made in the other game I've ever played with him?? I can't remember :ponder: And how did that turn out?

Why do you want to see Made lynched instead of MP or Daisy ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm honestly not sure how that changes the meaning of the previous sentence or why you would even think so...

linki - I think MP and Daisy are good and I've got practically no read on Made?
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Turnip Head wrote:Hedgeowl what do you think about what you HAVE read?
Well i have more to catch up on since right after the vote (plus sections i may never get to). The lynch last night felt very weird. It looked like made was getting lynched, but suddenly everything shifted to snow dog, when i hadnt seen enough said about him before. I am looking to catch up on others opinions who have been following this game better for some clarity on why some people suspected him and if it was a possible save of Made.

Linki chris i definitely think you meant Dana. She seems to be working very hard on the code. I however i am a terrible code breaker.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:I'm honestly not sure how that changes the meaning of the previous sentence or why you would even think so...

linki - I think MP and Daisy are good and I've got practically no read on Made?
No read on Made?

He sure has one on you.
Made wrote:Hi Dom and SVS!
Been keeping up, but I'm not feeling any suspicion right now. Dana, Mp, and Enrique are all reading civvie for me, especially since Epi died. I'm not sure if it's helping or hurting that I know all of them outside of mafia, but they're playing exactly how i'd expect them to, perserving all the tiny quirks in their behavior that seem to hint at their allignment.

I thought that the vote on Daisy was an attempt of a save on Epi, so in light of his death i'm looking more critically of the arguments against her. This, if true, caught my attention.
fingersplints wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am probably going to vote for Daisy again, unless something *WOW* comes up. She had like 10 posts, mostly wishy washy buddying to MP, then when she starts taking votes she comes back, makes some 20 posts defending hard, then leaves again. Plus the feels I had previously I still have, and the Epi lynch sure as hell looked like a save to me.
<snip>
wait, svs you think daisy's lynch looked like a save for Epi or the opposite?

No real read on SVS or Dom, but gut is saying Dom, probably just because he's gunning me, so i'm ignoring it.

If I had to vote right now i'd vote Elo due to her voting patterns, but even then the thing throwing me off is that a mafia wouldn't blatantly vote group that would they?
I plan to read through the Daisy argument further on the car ride home from school.

Class period is ending, Seey'all at lunch maybe?
Made wrote:Ok, cards on the table all game I've been closely watching the actions and interactions of Epi, MP, SVS and Zeek. Based on how votes were landing, and how outspoken he was,I was confident that EPI and one of the above were on a team together, but evidentially i was wrong. I'm not sure where these leave me. Open to suggestions/explanations. Can't say i really understand the arguments against Spacedaisy or Enrique.

Voting Karn based on Gotree's explainations
Made wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Made wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am telling you to vote for Enrique. What do I have to gain from this?

If he is lynched and is bad, then I get Night killed.

If he is lynched and is good, then I get lynched.

Which is par for the course for me.

Vote for Enrique.
The Suicidal Civvie Gambit. Having been on the opposite side of this gambit, i must say, you can get a very fun chain of civvies dying if you're not careful. Assuming you and Enrique are civvie, this would lead to a train of more civvies jumping on to kill the person who killed the previous civvie.

Linki- Isn't Enrique already president?
I'm not careful.

Good night.
:offtobed:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

OK dude I'm not sure why I'm expected to reciprocate :p
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:OK dude I'm not sure why I'm expected to reciprocate :p
You're okay with him getting lynched (despite having no read on him), but he's NOT okay with you getting lynched.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Chris wrote:*it was you

(way to live up to the stereotype Chris :derp: )

duuuude - you got the kind bud? niiiice. :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't have much time to post/respond to everything but one thing I want to know. MP, why did your read on SD (since Snow Dog is dead, this will be daisychains) suddenly change? I could have sworn you had wanted to vote her in the day phase?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:Thats right MP you gave him NO time to respond to the votes coming in.
No chance to defend.
You and zeek all over the place.
Snows first game back.
You know him better than me which is why I was dismayed when you did not give him the same chance as Daisy.

You all set up w/e I am going after baddies. Hedge is my target. Idt anything will change my mind about her.
Daisy is not bad though.
This is the post I am wondering about.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Re: Who's Polls?

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Night 3

Hey Guys! Hey Guys!! Guess who's *finally* on the first page?

Chris
Enrique (6), Elohcin (15), juliets (17), Spacedaisy (26) 15%

Chris
Black Rock (12), Turnip Head (21) 8%

Chris
MovingPictures07 (1), zeek (5), Metalmarsh89 (7), Dom (8), Long Con (11), Epignosis (23), Bass_the_Clever (25) 27%

Chris
Gotrees (10), S~V~S (13), nijuukyugou (24) 12%

Chris
Dana (2), keys56000000000 (3), fingersplints (9), Chris (18), Made (20) 19%

Chris
sabie12 (16) 4%

Bea's a smartass. (Host/Dead/Non)
bea (4), birdwithteeth11 (14), Roxy (19), Snow Dog (22) 15%

Total votes : 26
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Night 3: A Madman with a Box

The civvies had made a mistake once again, and lynched yet another one of their own, thus leading to terrible consequences and obstacles to follow for the following day's lynch. But they would have to make it through the night in order to see what the following day's events would yield.

The Daleks were more determined than ever before to ensure they successfully exterminated someone. By force if necessary. The Emperor Dalek warned them, "There can be no mistakes this time. Everything must go according to plan." Someone should quickly pick a letter between the options of k, j, g, or w if they know what is good for them. So with a much better plan in mind, they set out to stalk their prey. The Master was also hard at work. This time not because of the drumming, but because he was bored and decided he just felt like murdering someone who wasn't worthy of being ruled. Most of them were insects underneath his power and intellect anyway. So one more squashed bug didn't really mean anything to him.

Fingersplints was sitting in her room, wondering where keys had run off too and thinking of whatever things wives think about their husbands (Hey, I'm not married. Don't judge. :P) She was lost in wonderful daydreams. Wonderful enough daydreams that she never heard the Daleks break down her door, barge in her room, and vaporize her before it was too late for poor Splints. :(

Rico....sorry, Enrique, was sitting there trying to decode another secret message. "So if I put a K there, and add in an E....no, no, NO! That's not right at ALL!!! Dammit, I need to start over AGAIN...", he said exasperatedly. Little did he know that The Master was crawling through an air duct waiting to surprise him. Unfortunately for The Master, little did he also realize that Enrique had added in extra protections by booby-trapping his room. The Master turned a corner in the rather enormous vent system inside the TARDIS and came face to face with....a .30 caliber machine gun! It immediately detected his presence and began to fire. But The Master was more than quick enough to dodge the initial spray of bullets and make it back to safety in time. He realized he would have to consider a more careful, delicate plan the next time he decided to murder someone. So he went back to his room and quietly spent the rest of the night plotting. And trying to ignore the drumming in his head that was starting to get louder again...

Fingersplints has been killed by The Daleks.
Enrique has survived a nightkill from The Master.
It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. Remember, all civvies start today with a +1 vote.

Also, Snow Dog is now replacing in for Bullzeye. Unfortunately, Bullz was too busy to be able to continue, so wave good-by to Bullz, and welcome Snow Dog back!
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

:rip: me
I pick w if it counts :noble:
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I voted. Also:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:The Master was crawling through an air duct waiting to surprise him.
Unless The Master is the weight of a small child, an air duct wouldn't hold him. It would collapse.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

fingersplints wrote::rip: me
I pick w if it counts :noble:
No u. :P
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Rip fingers

Guess who's not on the poll, Chris.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Guess who's not on the poll, Chris.
Unimportant.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Regardless :offtobed:

I have big things happening in the morning.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Rip fingers

GOD-MOTHER****ING-DAMMIT! I CHECKED THE LIST 4 TIMES TO MAKE SURE I HAD EVERYBODY ON IT!!!!! *Rages*

But seriously, I will fix that now. And check AGAIN to make sure all the right names are on there.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

I pick w also if that counts for real. It's the most common letter out of those 4. Can I buy a vowel?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Rip fingers

GOD-MOTHER****ING-DAMMIT! I CHECKED THE LIST 4 TIMES TO MAKE SURE I HAD EVERYBODY ON IT!!!!! *Rages*

But seriously, I will fix that now. And check AGAIN to make sure all the right names are on there.
:hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Voted. Again.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dana wrote:I pick w also if that counts for real. It's the most common letter out of those 4. Can I buy a vowel?
Yours counts. Coming right up! And no vowels, sorry. :P

@MM: I wanted to add in some extra emotion and rage into that post, so it was just pretending. I actually just laughed at myself for forgetting Chris lol.

Linki: Hopefully I didn't make a silly mistake that removes your vote again. <_<
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dana wrote:I pick w also if that counts for real. It's the most common letter out of those 4. Can I buy a vowel?
If it's okay with you, I'll do it first thing in the morning. Right now, I'm utterly exhausted and about to go to bed. Sorry, but I don't want to make a mistake with it. So hopefully all of you understand!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I don't feel like making Rob vote the same vote for a third time, so I'll just kindly ask everyone to make sure that nobody votes for Rey. I accidentally left him on the poll even though he's no longer in the game. If you vote for him, your vote will be held as missing the vote in this lynch.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't mind.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I like voting for Enrique. Can I do it again please?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Oh God, Master, why the hell would you even..

Epig dude are you like this in every game? And honestly, does it work? Because you obviously were a civvie at least in your last incarnation but I have never seen a player be so close-minded about something they're WRONG about before.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

OK actually llama about Made in Monty Python wasn't that far behind...

But my point still stands.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:but I have never seen a player be so close-minded about something they're WRONG about before.
I'm a Christian. Does that explain anything? Jesus loves you!
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Now, before you start boasting, the question is whether it works to get baddies. Not to get civvies lynched.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:Now, before you start boasting, the question is whether it works to get baddies. Not to get civvies lynched.
Gosh, I wouldn't want to encroach on your business model. No sir.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:I like voting for Enrique. Can I do it again please?
Sure, why not? Go for it.

Weirdos. Mixing in with the rest of us...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I like voting for Enrique. Can I do it again please?
Sure, why not? Go for it.

Weirdos. Mixing in with the rest of us...
Mmm that felt good.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

lol but you sure were proud of getting juliets lynched, huh?

How can you be so confident and so wrong at the same time? Do you care about winning or just about getting your targets killed?
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

S~V~S wrote:That is an extremely shitty result :(
Enrique wrote:
Gotrees wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Gotrees, what do you think of Made, did I miss it somewhere or are you unsure?
Right now, I'm mostly unsure about Made. I feel like he wouldn't have all those votes if he wasn't really suspicious (or something evil was going on), but right now, I'm just not really seeing the suspicions around him.

Dom: Could you link me the posts where he said he misread you so I can get a sense of the context?
Look at the voters. Four out of five are hardly involved in this game.
I am curious as to how being quieter makes them bad. They all voted early, Bass at least as I recall voiced prior suspicion of Made; you and he even had a bit of discussion on it, where Bass said you were defending Made, iirc. They all voted fairly early, which would make them a pretty crappy baddie team. And I think we do not have crappy baddies this game since we have only lynched civs. All but ONE of those Snowy votes came after Made took his last vote. I don't want to hear that they were saving Daisy, or anyone else.

I still think Daisy is bad (and look forward to people explaining to me why they think she is civ, I have an open mind), but am more than willing to look in Mades direction tomorrow. Then, depending on how that goes, we can look at the Snowy voters.

That was a horrible result, and the fact that it was so obvious made it even more horrible :(
Ok, thank you for this. Having just reread through the last part of the lynch i cant see how it would be a save for daisy, mP, or me. Made was in the lead for votes and snow received 4 of his 5 votes when several of us only had 2 until the 3 votes we all then received. What doesnt make sense to me is why Snow? There were 3 other viable candidates as well. Maybe it was just that the thread energy was all there for snow, but it still felt odd.

Rip splints!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Welcome back Snowy! What are your thoughts on the last lynch?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:lol but you sure were proud of getting juliets lynched, huh?

How can you be so confident and so wrong at the same time? Do you care about winning or just about getting your targets killed?
That's a great philosophical tripartite question and I am glad you asked it. Seriously. Please sit down.

First: "lol but you sure were proud of getting juliets lynched, huh?"

Yes, I am proud I got juliets lynched. I was proud then, and I am proud now. I am proud of what I accomplish, even if what I accomplish isn't something I'm happy about. I was sorrowful that I had lynched a civilian. I grieved. I grieved because I eliminated a role played by a person who is insightful and very good at questioning people, making them be more specific. I grieved because I let a past game where she fooled me influence my thinking. But I'm not grieving that I can influence people and get them to do what I want. That's never something to grieve about. That's something you put on a resume.

Second: How can you be so confident and so wrong at the same time?

I can be confident because I am wrong most of the time. Go do anything. Are you more confident when you start the activity or two or three years later? I am confident because each breath I take means I am better at telling when someone is bullshitting me. I am confident because each breath I take means I am better at realizing someone made a genuine mistake. I am confident because each breath I take means I am still thinking about the mistakes I made with the last one. Whose confidence CAN you trust if not your own?

Third: Do you care about winning or just about getting your targets killed?

Do I care about winning? No. Not really. Not until I can see victory. People fear me. I get night killed early. And when I don't, people assume I'm bad and want to lynch me. It's a reputation I've built, and I'm proud of that too. The problem I have with your question is that it's redundant. The "or" is rather unnecessary, isn't it? In order to win, you have to get your targets killed. A civilian has to lynch Mafia, and the Mafia have to kill civilians. So the "or" is strange bifurcation. So, to directly answer your question, yes- I want my targets killed, and I'm not afraid to go after them.

But that's the difference between me and you. One of us acts because he is not afraid, and one of us acts because he is. :eye:
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Chris wrote:
zeek wrote:Jackie's ability is something I'm not familair with. What exactly constitutes making someone insane? What do they have to do?
This is the insanifier.

It is LC's creation, so when you become afflicted with it, you can rage on him.

http://mikesteffler.com/InsanityGenerator.html
:mad:

This goodmannered whap. Totally set up.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epig, you assume you get better as you go. I posit that your ego may convince you that you are a improving, despite evidence to the contrary. :D
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Welcome back Snowy!! RIP splintsy :(

I'm looking at MP, Made and Hedgeowl for my vote today, and I've got my eye on all the Snow Dog voters in general. I also want to see what happens with the suspicion on Enrique, and I plan on rereading MetalMarsh at some point.

SVS, you keep asking me for specifics with Daisy, I know you don't get role hints, I'm not really pointing toward a role hint, just other things I've picked up on that make it seem unlikely to me that Daisy is bad. In addition, like I said earlier, my opinion on her is based on my gut, which tells me that Daisy is genuine. I've seen no good reason to suspect her over any other player in the game. Since you keep prying about it, do you think I should have reason to be concerned about her?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom, how are you feeling about MP? Have you read my thoughts on him?

Return to “Previous Jobs”