Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 5]

Post by staypositivefriend »

as harsh as i was being toward gira's read on me last night, at least he actually posted reasoning instead of just shrugging his shoulders and calling me mafia because it's the easy thing to do like every other player in this game
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:46 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:36 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:34 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:31 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:56 pm based on interactions today + throughout

SPF/Gira not W/W
SPF/LC not W/W

I think SPF only works with TSP
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:38 pm i don't even wolfread SPF that much when she's posting i just don't think this game makes a lot of sense with her as town

also i'm kind of over this game and ready for a re-do (though ik i can't blame myself for villagers doing fuck all) so tempted to just vote her but i will be good and wait
you do understand that by saying you want to vote for me, you're implying that you think the exact team is me/TSP, right? considering how confidently youve townread the TSP slot throughout this game, i have a hard time buying how quickly you are willing to write him off as a wolf and how quickly you are to be willing to vote for me in spite of having no specific reasons to scumread me
aside from early, my reads have been trash this game or i wouldn't be in lylo. (shrug)

i wouldn't say i "confidently townread the slot throughout," i had some issues with Esooa, i thought that Crichard's emotional over-reactions were town-indicative but i've been burned by that kind of read before and since we're in LYLO now and i've found various reasons to townread everyone remaining throughout, the stakes are clearly higher
so your solve is me/TSP? that's it? that's the team?
i dunno. maybe. i'm not really completely sold that any individual team makes complete sense and i'm more-so looking for who i townread the most

i don't think taking that approach in LYLO is unreasonable
not entirely unreasonable, but tbh i expect you to have more to say about me than just: "i townread SPF the least", Lol
i'll ISO you later and come up with more. i understand why this would be frustrating for you if you're a villager, i'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around LC or Gira being a wolf.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:47 pm i think there's a solid 50-60% chance that today ends with me dying and us losing and my intuition tells me that the wolves are probably playing in a way to try to push that into happening
i mean yeah fypov this would be the case considering everyone but LC, who you townread, has expressed suspicion on you/a probable desire to vote you, and even he has entertained you as wolf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:48 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:56 pm based on interactions today + throughout

SPF/Gira not W/W
SPF/LC not W/W

I think SPF only works with TSP
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:38 pm i don't even wolfread SPF that much when she's posting i just don't think this game makes a lot of sense with her as town

also i'm kind of over this game and ready for a re-do (though ik i can't blame myself for villagers doing fuck all) so tempted to just vote her but i will be good and wait
you do understand that by saying you want to vote for me, you're implying that you think the exact team is me/TSP, right? considering how confidently youve townread the TSP slot throughout this game, i have a hard time buying how quickly you are willing to write him off as a wolf and how quickly you are to be willing to vote for me in spite of having no specific reasons to scumread me
aside from early, my reads have been trash this game or i wouldn't be in lylo. (shrug)

i wouldn't say i "confidently townread the slot throughout," i had some issues with Esooa, i thought that Crichard's emotional over-reactions were town-indicative but i've been burned by that kind of read before and since we're in LYLO now and i've found various reasons to townread everyone remaining throughout, the stakes are clearly higher
i dunno. maybe. i'm not really completely sold that any individual team makes complete sense and i'm more-so looking for who i townread the most

not entirely unreasonable, but tbh i expect you to have more to say about me than just: "i townread SPF the least", Lol
i'll ISO you later and come up with more. i understand why this would be frustrating for you if you're a villager, i'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around LC or Gira being a wolf.
gira was near the bottom of your POE since yesterday. what happened that changed your read on him so rapidly? did i miss something?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

are you trying to pocket gira and get him to vote me? is that what's happening? lol
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:50 pm

gira was near the bottom of your POE since yesterday. what happened that changed your read on him so rapidly? did i miss something?
no i decided gira was town yesterday then i thought that only W/W worlds made sense with gira today then i reconsidered that him killing Nook, who townread him and him only, would make literally no sense so i read his posts in a different light and am back to him being a solid townread
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:47 pm i think there's a solid 50-60% chance that today ends with me dying and us losing and my intuition tells me that the wolves are probably playing in a way to try to push that into happening
i mean yeah fypov this would be the case considering everyone but LC, who you townread, has expressed suspicion on you/a probable desire to vote you, and even he has entertained you as wolf
yah, so then why did you ask "why do you think that you would be an easier push than TSP?" on the last page? it seems self-explanatory to me. i am pretty convinced at this point that i was taken to the f5 specifically so that i could get pushed on
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:52 pm
yah, so then why did you ask "why do you think that you would be an easier push than TSP?" on the last page? it seems self-explanatory to me. i am pretty convinced at this point that i was taken to the f5 specifically so that i could get pushed on
because i still think w!gira would have an easier time getting TSP chopped than you unless they're specifically W/W
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

NGL the night kills were fucking weird this game and I'm wondering what the hell they entitled beyond PR hunting.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:52 pm

no i decided gira was town yesterday then i thought that only W/W worlds made sense with gira today then i reconsidered that him killing Nook, who townread him and him only, would make literally no sense so i read his posts in a different light and am back to him being a solid townread
but where did the "solid townread" come from? what does it mean to view his posts in a "different light"? if you've explained your read on him in more detail somewhere else then feel free to link it to me, but i feel like this post tells me nothing
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:48 pm
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:43 pm if alexa is mafia her accusing me of having a grudge because i accused her of being scum is really dirty (i mean in general i don't think it's appropriate to say that in a game, borderline OGI, but especially low if mafia). lc being mafia with spf would also be weird because of day 1. but eh. i stand by taking things one step at a time
i accused you of having a grudge because i was bothered by the way you were talking to me w/'bite me' and just generally lingering overall feelings i had that i lashed out over, it was not-alignment-relevant so you should probably come up with a better reason to clear me if you're using that, same w/what i know you're clearing Crich for honestly.

(but again, i do apologize and i shouldn't have brought it into the game)
i'm not really clearing you over it just explaining what i'm trying to work through (and expressing my displeasure at it)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:53 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:52 pm
because i still think w!gira would have an easier time getting TSP chopped than you unless they're specifically W/W
that's just clearly not true considering that every living player today has wolfread me or stated an intent to vote me and i dont know how it's a perspective you could reasonably hold as town, but im gonna stop myself from getting worked up about it
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

(i did not end up going for that run but wanted to take a break anyway)
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:34 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:44 am i mean if youre a wolf, then fypov, your only pushes are lime coke/alexa/TSP. all of those names are very difficult to push and all of them have been towny at various parts of the game, so if you are a wolf then i would expect you to be pushing me just like youre pushing me right now

granted, that doesn't MAKE you a wolf, but it does mean that your approach today is aligning specifically with how you would likely be playing this situation as a wolf
why do you think you're easier to push then TSP?

a part of me feels like w!Gira doesn't pick v!TSP to clear of all people
you, tsp, and gira have all voiced intent to vote for me today. do you really need me to explain why i'm an easier push from the wolves POV than TSP is?

the worst part is that nobody pushing on me (save gira) has actually presented reasoning to scumread me and is just defaulting to the: "everyone else looks townier" reasoning, which is reasoning that i hate being on the receiving end of because it is shallow and impossible to refute. it's also reasoning that mafia tend to coast off of a lot when they want to push on a villager without having a good reason
that wasn't my reasoning smh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:34 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:44 am i mean if youre a wolf, then fypov, your only pushes are lime coke/alexa/TSP. all of those names are very difficult to push and all of them have been towny at various parts of the game, so if you are a wolf then i would expect you to be pushing me just like youre pushing me right now

granted, that doesn't MAKE you a wolf, but it does mean that your approach today is aligning specifically with how you would likely be playing this situation as a wolf
why do you think you're easier to push then TSP?

a part of me feels like w!Gira doesn't pick v!TSP to clear of all people
you, tsp, and gira have all voiced intent to vote for me today. do you really need me to explain why i'm an easier push from the wolves POV than TSP is?

the worst part is that nobody pushing on me (save gira) has actually presented reasoning to scumread me and is just defaulting to the: "everyone else looks townier" reasoning, which is reasoning that i hate being on the receiving end of because it is shallow and impossible to refute. it's also reasoning that mafia tend to coast off of a lot when they want to push on a villager without having a good reason
that wasn't my reasoning smh
tbf im not sure if youve posted reasoning at all

i dont mean that rudely, just not sure that you have lol
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:28 pm @Gira -

fwiw, i'm not really comfortable with you labeling me as being part of a "clique" and insinuating that i dislike you or have some kind of issue with you. wev'e been running in the same mafia circles with each other since i was 14 years old and i've always assumed that we mutually respect and enjoy playing with each other, so i'm not really sure why this game feels so oddly personal and heated. we can talk about it more in the post-game, but i want to make it clear that i really do not have an issue with you
i did not have any issue with you prior to this game

i think my issue with the dynamics of how things have played out is self-evident
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:42 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:31 pm fwiw gira coming in and doing all that nonsense and then not voting for spf is a look
if tsp is a wolf and gira is town then i think this is him trying to get gira to vote me so that the mafia can win lol
well it's certainly me trying to get gira to vote for you, results will prove varied
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

anyways I claim PR
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i'm also feeling like what i was saying got lost in the noise which is rather frustrating
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:59 pm anyways I claim PR
lol for real?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

FYI this is the most scrutiny I've held either SPF or Alexa in a game so clique stuff isn't entirely true.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Oh shit that makes it easier.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:54 pm

but where did the "solid townread" come from? what does it mean to view his posts in a "different light"? if you've explained your read on him in more detail somewhere else then feel free to link it to me, but i feel like this post tells me nothing
in a different light = in the light of thinking he's town/confbiasing him as town because he wouldn't kill Nook, and then I don't have trouble seeing the way he's approaching reads/working through a solve coming from a villager. I think based on our last experience in the anon game, him clearing TSP off of Crich makes a lot of sense - though i'm personally not convinced that the behavior from Rich is exclusive to him being town since it wasn't something i saw from him as either alignment before his break - and his trying to find the villager in me/you/LC but not being convinced that he could win anyway/that we'd townread him all sounded very organic to me and easy to see as the perspective of a villager trying to solve the game. and, a lot of my view of him has been warped at various points from feeling his approach to me was in bad faith.

i may be over emphasizing the amount i townread him, but his posting today imo has been the most towny and i was committed to re-doing my reads from scratch coming into the day
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:00 pm FYI this is the most scrutiny I've held either SPF or Alexa in a game so clique stuff isn't entirely true.
tbh that's embarrassing and I wouldn't admit it
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

what PR?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:01 pm Oh shit that makes it easier.
idk if i believe his claim though
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

@staypositivefriend

can you please look at my #2152 and tell me what you think of it?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:58 pm

fwiw, i'm not really comfortable with you labeling me as being part of a "clique" and insinuating that i dislike you or have some kind of issue with you. wev'e been running in the same mafia circles with each other since i was 14 years old and i've always assumed that we mutually respect and enjoy playing with each other, so i'm not really sure why this game feels so oddly personal and heated. we can talk about it more in the post-game, but i want to make it clear that i really do not have an issue with you

i think my issue with the dynamics of how things have played out is self-evident
i have more to say about this but i will hold my tongue for now
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:01 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:00 pm FYI this is the most scrutiny I've held either SPF or Alexa in a game so clique stuff isn't entirely true.
tbh that's embarrassing and I wouldn't admit it
You know my gimmick and I'd rather have that than the other stuff I get ragged on for.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

if Crich was PR idk why he over-reacted to that extent
staypositivefriend
Hitman

to be honest, i dont really believe this claim regardless of your alignment lol
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:02 pm

i don't care to drag any more mud onto the boards of the syndicate people than i have already (and, massive apologies to them) but i sort of have to express what i think is going on
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

glad to have run the gamut on that one
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like smh gira if you're a town you're not getting cliqued the clique is literally a wolf team and if you're a wolf stop complaining
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:06 pm glad to have run the gamut on that one
tbh i knew faking that was entirely in your wheelhouse
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

wolves aren't allowed to complain
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:01 pm

in a different light = in the light of thinking he's town/confbiasing him as town because he wouldn't kill Nook, and then I don't have trouble seeing the way he's approaching reads/working through a solve coming from a villager. I think based on our last experience in the anon game, him clearing TSP off of Crich makes a lot of sense - though i'm personally not convinced that the behavior from Rich is exclusive to him being town since it wasn't something i saw from him as either alignment before his break - and his trying to find the villager in me/you/LC but not being convinced that he could win anyway/that we'd townread him all sounded very organic to me and easy to see as the perspective of a villager trying to solve the game. and, a lot of my view of him has been warped at various points from feeling his approach to me was in bad faith.

i may be over emphasizing the amount i townread him, but his posting today imo has been the most towny and i was committed to re-doing my reads from scratch coming into the day
okay, thank you for explaining. i can kind of understand what youre getting at but to be honest i also feel like a lot of this post is just you describing what gira is doing in the game and then ascribing townyness to it, instead of explaining why those specific things ~are~ towny. it's the type of read that leaves me feeling cold because it comes off as being information over analysis, but i think it's a read you could believe in regardless of your alignment
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:06 pm like smh gira if you're a town you're not getting cliqued the clique is literally a wolf team and if you're a wolf stop complaining
that was...kind of what i was trying to get at? but one of them is town along for the ride
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

anyways of those three the one who would be least likely to catch on to being wolfed is LC so team of SPF/Alexa seems most likely
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:07 pm

okay, thank you for explaining. i can kind of understand what youre getting at but to be honest i also feel like a lot of this post is just you describing what gira is doing in the game and then ascribing townyness to it, instead of explaining why those specific things ~are~ towny. it's the type of read that leaves me feeling cold because it comes off as being information over analysis, but i think it's a read you could believe in regardless of your alignment
i mean.. maybe

but you have to acknowledge that like, what wolf motivation does gira have to kill the one person townreading him? i don't think there's much proof that Nook re-valled his reads every time he lived or anything like that

and i think that w!Gira not having a reason to lock TSP as V unless they're W/W is a valid point
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

So I'm interested in the fact that LC has expressed possibly no reads
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:02 pm @staypositivefriend

can you please look at my #2152 and tell me what you think of it?
yeah i mean, i don't really disagree that lime coke's progression on wilgy looks like a bus/indicative of having TMI on a surface level - i actually picked up on something similar a few nights ago when i was reading through everyones progressions on wilgy. if you took that progression in a vacuum then i think it makes sense to wolfread LC for it, but looking at the game in a larger context, i think LC has consistently been outside of his wolfrange and has towntold in many different ways outside of his push on wilgy, so i don't find it a compelling reason on its own for LC to be a wolf
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:07 pm anyways of those three the one who would be least likely to catch on to being wolfed is LC so team of SPF/Alexa seems most likely
this is objectively true but also SPF lashed out at me day 1 for daring to express suspicion on her/entertain LC's suspicion which i feel like is evidently unpartnered
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:05 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:02 pm

i don't care to drag any more mud onto the boards of the syndicate people than i have already (and, massive apologies to them) but i sort of have to express what i think is going on
above all else i'm just frustrated that this game would create an issue between us, but it's something that i dont see any benefit in discussing publicly
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i mean if both of you are town then you should both start deciding that LC is a wolf and we can move on with our lives
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

SPF has also not expressed any reads I think
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

therefore wolf team is SPF/LC
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:13 pm i mean if both of you are town then you should both start deciding that LC is a wolf and we can move on with our lives
SPF being a wolf feels far more likely to me than LC being a wolf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:09 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:07 pm

i mean.. maybe

but you have to acknowledge that like, what wolf motivation does gira have to kill the one person townreading him? i don't think there's much proof that Nook re-valled his reads every time he lived or anything like that

and i think that w!Gira not having a reason to lock TSP as V unless they're W/W is a valid point
in general, i think it's a bad idea to read too closely into nightkills, particularly when the nightkills have been as confusing and WIFOMy as they have in this game. it's true that it would not benefit wolf!gira to kill nanook in his position, but this assumes that the wolves didn't have any other benefits from killing nanook that would outweigh nanook's townread on gira. the logic is just assuming way too much about how the wolves were thinking about the nightkills and it really does not work for me
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

yeah but I am kind and treat people like town when I talk to them unless I'm upset and then I treat them like dirt

Return to “Previous Heists”