GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 805

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by Phil and Gloria »

Radishes is probably mafia if dizzy isn't
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

actually Radishes fits better with Sloonei also
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Well obvious to me, but still deep cos everyone else is tr’ing them for nebulous and bad reasons
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

ilario wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:22 am Well obvious to me, but still deep cos everyone else is tr’ing them for nebulous and bad reasons
who is it? the suspense is killing me?
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

Is the only reason for Sloonie their reads?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 559
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:16 am @Sloonei no answer?
To what?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:23 am
To what?
I asked you for some updated reads
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:22 am
ilario wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:22 am Well obvious to me, but still deep cos everyone else is tr’ing them for nebulous and bad reasons
who is it? the suspense is killing me?
Can’t rn, I don’t have the wim or pull to bury them atm. All it does is paint a target on my back for maf to NK
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:22 am Is the only reason for Sloonie their reads?
no sloonei just seems like his modern belly up no balls mafia self...

granted he phones in town rands too but it's a different level. He seems to just have nothing at all to offer when he's wolfing.
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 227

Post by 112 »

uhh i have just under an hour to go of woodcutting and then i think i'll try putting together a list and see if it helps my flow of thought here

beware, wolves
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

ilario is probably town
Progression cases are bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 559
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:23 am
To what?
Oh. You were correct the first time. I have no answer, your honor.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:27 am
To what?
Peak chad
ImageImage
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 637
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:31 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:18 pm I'm probably not going to catch up tonight, but I have a few things I want to say.

@Belzy I wasn't originally going to say anything, because I'm trying to be all cool lately. But I need to. You do realise that your read on me is entirely meme tier? I can not think of one single game where you don't scum read me first thing D1. I don't think you have mal intent here, but you seem to be operating with expectations of my play that are from 7 years ago. Please just consider this, and please spend time not only focusing on me.

Belzy
Sean
Guillo
Alexa

^These are the town reads I care the most about.

Sean cares about his own thoughts and suspicions and follows them up, and he's also doing classic town!Sean things in response to people either town reading him and accusing him.
Guillo has had many posts I found towny from him. Both Sean and Guillo are showing their paranoid town play styles imo. I think I'm pretty good at reading both of them actually.
Alexa is town for how she went about her role check on Nut. I also think that she wouldn't have a role check as mafia when that is how mafia makes the soup kill tbh, but that is kind of besides the point. Her posts are kind of "messy" in a way I find they are as town, while they are more deliberate as scum. I've also been pretty good at reading Alexa.

There's a bunch of players I town read to a lighter degree or even a pretty solid degree, probably too many, but the aforementioned are the ones I feel I have a better handle on reading.

In any case, I feel the game is in a pretty ok spot consensus-wise.

I have some concerns about Mac. Feels like he's not really landing any of his thoughts, and they seem to be a bit all over the place, which I find scummy for him.
I'm also suspicious of Scotty, feel like his posts are just awkward, trying to chime in but not really going anywhere.
Sabie is meh.

I think these are the things I've been thinking about the most.
dang when did i drop out of the list :puppy:
Hugs. Really evil twins.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Belzyboo ur the only true family to me
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

list arranged by tier with highest in a given tier being towniest of that group. notes provided on some but not all players.

Lock town, never look back:

Town read:
Belzy - my highest townread; albeit i have reservations even here i think this is a pretty solidly town slot: insights are original, seems to have conviction in stated reads and is approaching the game in a very problem-solvey way indicative of village alignment
Seanzie - i was wrong
ilario - similar to Belzy.,. also has many times throughout the game submitted several posts in succession, sometimes carrying a chain of thought--something wolves are less likely to do or otherwise tend to have trouble doing. substantive contributions.
c4 - here because people are talking about him like he's lock town and i don't have any reason to really scumread him

town lean:
nutella
alexa - people say she's a strong wolf, i think probably still town. i will, however, keep my eyes peeled :ninja:
hallowkat - less sure than i was upon initial gut because i've seen some shade thrown his way and i seem to be influenced by it to a degree but still reasonably confident here
falcon - i'm not sure, but he's my strongest read from the CDC crew still in the game. has been trending up in play over the past year or two- not convinced this is his scum game, though
LinearPoint - if there's a read i'm going to get bit on it's this one, - roleplaying plays on my psychology, - but probs town

neutral
Paopan - don't like the slot enough to bump it up yet but not much negative to say here at present
Master R. - i liked the first things i read from him but have gotten some bad vibes here-and-there. he townleaned(read?) me but then retracted when i decided to add too much to a post and he didn't like it. i'll admit it was kind of a silly add-on from me at the time, but i'm not sure he'd be so antsy about it unless he was trying to gain towncred as a wolf? gun-to-my-head town at this point but i'm going to be sussing the slot out hard over the next while
Alison
dyachei
Creature - i liked him at first and do admit he was sharing thoughts early-game that i was having without me even expressing them. seems to be really conservative though and i'm not a huge fan
Phil and Gloria - trending up, trending down, lost in the abyss of 112's reads rn

maf lean:
sabie12 - not much to say here as her post quantity is rather low, which i don't want to criticize her for. but there's stuff i don't like in what is a small sample
EnderWiggin - i'm thinking he may have been caught and just doubled-down with the openwolfing in an attempt to get out of yeet candidacy?
Guillotine

mafia lean but also read:
Dizzy and Bo

null/haven't seen enough or anything of
urist
axe!
Wilgy, MD
Justplayingitcool
sig
Porscha
sloon
TonyStarkPrime

too many nulls but honestly i haven't been able to catch the posters listed there enough

where i'm at, hope it sparks someone's wandering genius
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

i am now officially back on smoko btw

gotta get those mining lvls
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Hi! What did I miss. I only have 10 minutes to spend here before I fall asleep
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:30 am Hi! What did I miss. I only have 10 minutes to spend here before I fall asleep
well i went from 66 to 70 woodcutting today on yews, so it's kind of a big day
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

112 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:23 am list arranged by tier with highest in a given tier being towniest of that group. notes provided on some but not all players.

Town read:
Belzy - my highest townread; albeit i have reservations even here i think this is a pretty solidly town slot: insights are original, seems to have conviction in stated reads and is approaching the game in a very problem-solvey way indicative of village alignment
Seanzie - i was wrong
ilario - similar to Belzy.,. also has many times throughout the game submitted several posts in succession, sometimes carrying a chain of thought--something wolves are less likely to do or otherwise tend to have trouble doing. substantive contributions.
c4 - here because people are talking about him like he's lock town and i don't have any reason to really scumread him

town lean:
nutella
alexa - people say she's a strong wolf, i think probably still town. i will, however, keep my eyes peeled :ninja:
hallowkat - less sure than i was upon initial gut because i've seen some shade thrown his way and i seem to be influenced by it to a degree but still reasonably confident here
falcon - i'm not sure, but he's my strongest read from the CDC crew still in the game. has been trending up in play over the past year or two- not convinced this is his scum game, though
LinearPoint - if there's a read i'm going to get bit on it's this one, - roleplaying plays on my psychology, - but probs town

neutral
Paopan - don't like the slot enough to bump it up yet but not much negative to say here at present
Master R. - i liked the first things i read from him but have gotten some bad vibes here-and-there. he townleaned(read?) me but then retracted when i decided to add too much to a post and he didn't like it. i'll admit it was kind of a silly add-on from me at the time, but i'm not sure he'd be so antsy about it unless he was trying to gain towncred as a wolf? gun-to-my-head town at this point but i'm going to be sussing the slot out hard over the next while
Alison
dyachei
Creature - i liked him at first and do admit he was sharing thoughts early-game that i was having without me even expressing them. seems to be really conservative though and i'm not a huge fan
Phil and Gloria - trending up, trending down, lost in the abyss of 112's reads rn

maf lean:
sabie12 - not much to say here as her post quantity is rather low, which i don't want to criticize her for. but there's stuff i don't like in what is a small sample
EnderWiggin - i'm thinking he may have been caught and just doubled-down with the openwolfing in an attempt to get out of yeet candidacy?
Guillotine

Dizzy and Bo

urist
axe!
Wilgy, MD
Justplayingitcool
sig
Porscha
sloon
TonyStarkPrime

too many nulls but honestly i haven't been able to catch the posters listed there enough

Why am I mafia? Why is Dizzy mafia? Why is falcon town?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:36 pm A shot rings out!

@Marmot has died! They flip MAFIA! They reveal as:
Overachieving Student Who Replies to Quiz Questions on Discord by Uploading an External Word Document

You’re a two shot tracker. Also kind of a nerd, I guess. Anyways, twice during the game you can target a player at night at see who they visit, if anyone.
@ 112
@ alexa
@ Alison
@ Belzy
@ BoKnows
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ dyachei
@ Dyslexicon
@ EnderWiggin
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ LinearPoint
@ Master Radishes
@ NotAnAxehole
@ nutella
@ Paopan
@ Phil and Gloria
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ Scotty
@ Seanzie
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ TonyStarkPrime
@ Urist
Oh nice shot! Marmot is unreadable for me, as a day vig I'd shoot those I can't read, well done. Thank you!
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

No one is here... meh.. good night
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:31 am
112 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:23 am list arranged by tier with highest in a given tier being towniest of that group. notes provided on some but not all players.

Town read:
Seanzie - i was wrong

town lean:
nutella

neutral
Alison
dyachei

maf lean:
Guillotine

Dizzy and Bo

urist
axe!
Wilgy, MD
Justplayingitcool
sig
Porscha
sloon
TonyStarkPrime

Why am I mafia? Why is Dizzy mafia? Why is falcon town?
1. Because this isn't a towny way to respond to a list like that and I don't think you had enough time to actually read it before making this post.
2. I have made prior posts about this if you want to ISO. I am sleepy and not too in the mood to repeat myself. I could add a few details I omitted that inform the read tomorrow if you want. :)
3. It's mostly a gut read and I could easily be wrong on it. Mostly he reminds me of himself in a game we recently hydra'd with, although tbf he wasn't too active there. idk i've played with him for like 5 or 7+ yrs so it's hard to unpack the read in verbiage totally well.
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Porscha »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:33 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:36 pm A shot rings out!

@Marmot has died! They flip MAFIA! They reveal as:
Overachieving Student Who Replies to Quiz Questions on Discord by Uploading an External Word Document

You’re a two shot tracker. Also kind of a nerd, I guess. Anyways, twice during the game you can target a player at night at see who they visit, if anyone.
@ 112
@ alexa
@ Alison
@ Belzy
@ BoKnows
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ dyachei
@ Dyslexicon
@ EnderWiggin
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ LinearPoint
@ Master Radishes
@ NotAnAxehole
@ nutella
@ Paopan
@ Phil and Gloria
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ Scotty
@ Seanzie
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ TonyStarkPrime
@ Urist
Oh nice shot! Marmot is unreadable for me, as a day vig I'd shoot those I can't read, well done. Thank you!
wait why would you shoot someone you can't get a read on lol
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

ilario wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:16 am Belzyboo ur the only true family to me
:hug: :hugs:
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 445

Post by Master Radishes »

I see Mac wants to continue to not be town.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I like your list well enough, 112. Though I think what stands out to me is your three 'Maf leans' feel like the type that could easily be wrong. Like the reasoning is fine, but also it's not hard to see how it'd be wrong.
Master Radishes
Hitman

If there is a slot that is actively standing in the middle of the crowd saying things that sound /fine/, as of right now it's Hollowkatt imo.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:27 am
To what?
Why are you coasting?
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:34 am I see Mac wants to continue to not be town.
I see you're continuing to avoid addressing the specifics of my argument in favour of hand wavy statements designed to discourage people from townreading me.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:45 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:34 am I see Mac wants to continue to not be town.
I see you're continuing to avoid addressing the specifics of my argument in favour of hand wavy statements designed to discourage people from townreading me.
You don't have any specifics to your argument. You're just omgusing.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:59 pm I'm very tempted to just shoot Sloon
I would not blame you. Sloonei is very underwhelming.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:37 pm Hallokat is the obvious shot here
I don't see it.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Re: Mac

(I'm probably not going to articulate this as well as I intend to.)

I cracked open some games in the last year I've played with him to double check my feelings (Witcher, Spiderverse, GoC). Mac is known for being abrasive, in yo face, etc as both alignments (where others poke he punches), but I've found there's a slightly different taste to it depending on his alignment. As town he will do his little shtick of quoting a post and being like 'this smells like poop' and then call them scum 20 times for the rest of the round. But he also evolves his reads. Like he gets a light ping by someone, and starts bopping their noses, but then if they get townier he stops and something else pings him and he finds a new punching bag. Along the way he still backreads and analyses and builds cases to confirm or challenge his own reads.

Conversely, scum!Mac mimics that. He remembers to be abrasive and punchy, but he gets caught in a fake worldview for longer and finds it harder to evolve his reads convincingly. He'll take a post that fake-pings him and stick to that read for a long time. He also often forgets to do any actual work to back up his takes. His posts tend to be much shorter and more to the point. If his thread position is secure as the game goes on this can change, and he can start manipulating events to his will, but early on and if people aren't convinced of him he just tries to double down and become more of a bulldozer. (This is exactly what he's doing to me now that I've sussed him.) (FYI he's also not adverse to throwing shade at a partner and even pushing others to vote them, so a one-off suss of Marmot earlier is not clearing in the slightest.)

I am in no way 100% convinced he's scum here (I never am with Mac) but his game so far fits my view of his scum game far more than his town game.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Also the fact that Alison (who I feel knows Mac well) and 112 (who I am still TRing) have both expressed reservations on Mac is reinforcing my concern.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Having made the terrible mistake of writing many words about a D1 read, I now look forward to being wrong and forever doubting my ability to read Mac in future games.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:03 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:58 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:54 pm How people talked about Marmot is probably more revealing than how Marmot talked to people. So someone look into that.
You looked very bad when it comes to that, so you say that is revealing.
Leading question: Do I usually "look bad" in relation to my teammates when I'm mafia?
You yourself always say if you are still alive and your reads have been wrong you are scum. Of course it is day 1 only, but to answer your question: yes.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Also, [VOTE: Phil and Gloria] aubergine.

Dizzy and Bo wagons are worthwhile too.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:06 am Re: Mac

I cracked open some games in the last year I've played with him to double check my feelings (Witcher, Spiderverse, GoC). Mac is known for being abrasive, in yo face, etc as both alignments (where others poke he punches), but I've found there's a slightly different taste to it depending on his alignment. As town he will do his little shtick of quoting a post and being like 'this smells like poop' and then call them scum 20 times for the rest of the round. But he also evolves his reads. Like he gets a light ping by someone, and starts bopping their noses, but then if they get townier he stops and something else pings him and he finds a new punching bag. Along the way he still backreads and analyses and builds cases to confirm or challenge his own reads.

Conversely, scum!Mac mimics that. He remembers to be abrasive and punchy, but he gets caught in a fake worldview for longer and finds it harder to evolve his reads convincingly. He'll take a post that fake-pings him and stick to that read for a long time. He also often forgets to do any actual work to back up his takes. His posts tend to be much shorter and more to the point. If his thread position is secure as the game goes on this can change, and he can start manipulating events to his will, but early on and if people aren't convinced of him he just tries to double down and become more of a bulldozer. (This is exactly what he's doing to me now that I've sussed him.) (FYI he's also not adverse to throwing shade at a partner and even pushing others to vote them, so a one-off suss of Marmot earlier is not clearing in the slightest.)

I am in no way 100% convinced he's scum here (I never am with Mac) but his game so far fits my view of his scum game far more than his town game.
Mac seems very focussed on calling Sloonei scum. What do you make out of that?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei is LHF right now. Fairly null w.r.t. Mac's alignment. Though if I'm confbiasing I guess I'd expect town Mac to go after bigger fish than a low-presence Sloonei.

I lean Sloonei town but am out of time at the moment to explain why, and it's not a very strong read.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:48 am
Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:45 am
You don't have any specifics to your argument. You're just omgusing.
incorrect, you are a suspect due to your vote positioning when Marmot died.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:06 am Re: Mac

there has been several examples in this game of me doing the things you're describing as my town game and also it's day 1 so making a meta read predicated on how my game unfolds in time is pretty bad faith dude
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:15 am Sloonei is LHF right now. Fairly null w.r.t. Mac's alignment. Though if I'm confbiasing I guess I'd expect town Mac to go after bigger fish than a low-presence Sloonei.

I lean Sloonei town but am out of time at the moment to explain why, and it's not a very strong read.
Why do you expect him to go after bigger fish? Also, isn’t he going after more than one person so he can still be doing that?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Dyslexicon »

Wow, so many people so good at reading me here, how can I ever compete. My reads can only be tmi of course, cause I'm not as good!
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Tbh I actually think your appraisal of the differences between my town and mafia game is pretty on point. But I don't think you've actually read my content in enough detail to scumread me for it in this game and if you did you wouldn't see what you think you are seeing. For instance I have dropped or at least back off a few early scumreads after giving them shit namely Alison, Linearpoint, Seanzie, TSP. Notwithstanding you now articulating this read is going to confirmation bias into you just presuming that when you do bare witness to the town notes you're aware of that I am just doing it to appease you so that's just fucken grande.

The only real difference to this game here and my usual town game is that until 5 minutes ago I was phone posting and for the first half of the day I was playing during an 8 hour road trip.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Oh u said town mac, nvm I misread that
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Dyslexicon »

Anyway, I'm going to start to look at Marmot connections, cause I don't think anyone did that yet
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:15 am Sloonei is LHF right now. Fairly null w.r.t. Mac's alignment. Though if I'm confbiasing I guess I'd expect town Mac to go after bigger fish than a low-presence Sloonei.

See this is just annoying because you're now just confbiasing your meta read based on looking at my vote positioning and it's very apparent you have no idea why my vote is there or where it was prior to that.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Town read:
Seanzie - i was wrong

town lean:
nutella

neutral
Alison
dyachei

maf lean:
Guillotine

Dizzy and Bo

urist
axe!
Wilgy, MD
Justplayingitcool
sig
Porscha
sloon
TonyStarkPrime

I like this guy

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”