GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 978
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by alexa »

Guillo voting Dizzy for calling him town feels like w!Guillo #1502

v!Guillo usually has a ton of town entitlement/things he's towny and doesn't react that way to townreads, from what I've seen
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:41 pm Guillo voting Dizzy for calling him town feels like w!Guillo #1502

v!Guillo usually has a ton of town entitlement/thinks he's towny and doesn't react that way to townreads, from what I've seen
ebwop
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Urist »

You haven't used your shot yet right alexa?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Urist wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:44 pm You haven't used your shot yet right alexa?
No, don't plan to until I'm completely caught up on the game
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Please use it within the next hour or so, so that people who can't be around for dl (me) can make an informed vote
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

ehhh dizzy townreading me so easily does give me some mild paranoia but it's true that he's had a good read on me and i think i've been objectively towny so i wouldn't really read into it
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 354
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:38 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:36 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:33 am Does anyone town read me? lol. It's like someone says a read on me, and then everyone has that read. It pretty much happens every game. If the game has enough of the right people in it, the read will be scum. It's very predictable. Not to be all boss bitch, but I haven't lost a game I was mafia in for years. And now everyone thinks they know how to read me and how I work. Oh yes, must be obvious scum. I mean, it's fine. But if I'm right about my strongest town reads and they scum read me back, maybe remember that for next game this time? Thanks for coming to my self pity ted talk.
Was wondering when this point would come up. Hmm
his whole series of posting to me these past 2 pages felt very philo mafia 2 to me

and like, i have a ton of respect for dizzy's scum game and i know he'd be capable of that as mafia but the emotions in practice, i hadn't seen to the same degree in his scum games i'd read
Mayyyyybe

I'm considering it

Also jpic's posts about creature are swinging me back to feeling creature may just be a hit

I'm waffling on it all
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Btw @ilario is the deepwolf c4 lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

Urist wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:19 pm I'm just waiting for @NotAnAxehole to reveal that red check in about three and a half hours. HYPE!!!!!!!
Oh no
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Urist wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:47 pm Please use it within the next hour or so, so that people who can't be around for dl (me) can make an informed vote
i don't know if i'll be able to fully catch up in an hour and i'd rather use it when i'm as informed as possible, but i assure you it'll be well before EOD (let's say, i'll give myself until 3 PM EST at the latest)
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:24 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:13 am Why is this important to you? The answer is no, I never played with paopan.
because, if me/Scotty were the only people Pao played with, that would be the only way i could realistically see him having the earlier thought of picking me. which i'd thought was a scum slip, but i changed my mind after his big wall post
to clarify because i'm reading through p.34, i still don't townread paopan and even scum lean him for meta reasons, but realistically i don't think he scum slipped and he could be any alignment
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 639
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Thinking I’m probably just gonna be treating sabie as toen, if anyone was keeping track
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:01 am Going over ISOs only to get more unclear about people. I love that for me.
Mfw one of my scumreads isos the other and I no longer have scumreads I love that for you
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Imagine reading the thread. What a nightmare
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gonna try for redemption on falcon
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Falcon is very towny
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

@alexa if you have the shot, shoot me.

Everone else, when you see my flip! Chop Alexa, you will understand why? Just remember her little stunt with Nutella upon my flip

I bet Alexa will not have the ovaries to shoot me though, because she is a chicken when she rands scum.

I cant be here the rest of the day and im known to freeze when i rand scum in mashes, so Phil vote on me is townie because i think that is why Mac is voting me.

Good luck town.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:13 pm @alexa if you have the shot, shoot me.

Everone else, when you see my flip! Chop Alexa, you will understand why? Just remember her little stunt with Nutella upon my flip

I bet Alexa will not have the ovaries to shoot me though, because she is a chicken when she rands scum.

I cant be here the rest of the day and im known to freeze when i rand scum in mashes, so Phil vote on me is townie because i think that is why Mac is voting me.

Good luck town.
lmao WTF is this reaction

how can you repeatedly say your wolf range is infinite and that people shouldn't be townreading you then react like this to me wanting you shot?

i don't want to shoot you if you're a villager. this is not because i'm a "cowardly wolf" it's because i want to shoot right dude
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:16 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:13 pm @alexa if you have the shot, shoot me.

Good luck town.

how can you repeatedly say your wolf range is infinite and that people shouldn't be townreading you then react like this to me wanting you shot?

i don't want to shoot you if you're a villager. this is not because i'm a "cowardly wolf" it's because i want to shoot right dude
@alexa I hard claim screamer. The alignment and identity of the player that kills me is revealed in the thread. If you are town and wanna be inno child, just shoot me.

It does not work for soup kills though. So there, im dead either way, take the shot and carry us to victory if you are town
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:23 pm

Good luck town.

@alexa I hard claim screamer. The alignment and identity of the player that kills me is revealed in the thread. If you are town and wanna be inno child, just shoot me.

It does not work for soup kills though. So there, im dead either way, take the shot and carry us to victory if you are town
@Guillotine is it a full role reveal?

because if so i'll literally just get soup killed
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:38 pm someone tell me why they think MR is village. he's so flat this game
@dyachei read post 2585 and a couple after it, it's real town pov imo
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:25 pm

Good luck town.

No. But besides this piece of info is important:

Mod confirmed roles in the thread can never be souped! I run games with soup kills and the first thing i tell scum is that roles or flavor that are mod confirmed in the thread cannot be souped and Nanook has seen them and i'd like to think he learnt from me. Maybe
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sorry, i truly gotta go. Up to you what you wanna do with me.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lmao what
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lol
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:06 am Re: Mac

(I'm probably not going to articulate this as well as I intend to.)

I cracked open some games in the last year I've played with him to double check my feelings (Witcher, Spiderverse, GoC). Mac is known for being abrasive, in yo face, etc as both alignments (where others poke he punches), but I've found there's a slightly different taste to it depending on his alignment. As town he will do his little shtick of quoting a post and being like 'this smells like poop' and then call them scum 20 times for the rest of the round. But he also evolves his reads. Like he gets a light ping by someone, and starts bopping their noses, but then if they get townier he stops and something else pings him and he finds a new punching bag. Along the way he still backreads and analyses and builds cases to confirm or challenge his own reads.

Conversely, scum!Mac mimics that. He remembers to be abrasive and punchy, but he gets caught in a fake worldview for longer and finds it harder to evolve his reads convincingly. He'll take a post that fake-pings him and stick to that read for a long time. He also often forgets to do any actual work to back up his takes. His posts tend to be much shorter and more to the point. If his thread position is secure as the game goes on this can change, and he can start manipulating events to his will, but early on and if people aren't convinced of him he just tries to double down and become more of a bulldozer. (This is exactly what he's doing to me now that I've sussed him.) (FYI he's also not adverse to throwing shade at a partner and even pushing others to vote them, so a one-off suss of Marmot earlier is not clearing in the slightest.)

I am in no way 100% convinced he's scum here (I never am with Mac) but his game so far fits my view of his scum game far more than his town game.
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:07 am Having made the terrible mistake of writing many words about a D1 read, I now look forward to being wrong and forever doubting my ability to read Mac in future games.
Like, am I taking crazy pills you guys? When I read these I just went okay radish is extremely obvious town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Shoot Guillo and he’ll flip like VT
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Anyway back to the guillo show
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m so confused
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:30 pm

Good luck town.

Mod confirmed roles in the thread can never be souped! I run games with soup kills and the first thing i tell scum is that roles or flavor that are mod confirmed in the thread cannot be souped and Nanook has seen them and i'd like to think he learnt from me. Maybe
okay. it's tempting NGL but no one thinks i'm a wolf anyway and i think that makes you not a wolf

and if i shoot an actual wolf i can clear myself that way anyway. plus mafia is literally going to be forced to kill me due to my role regardless. so idk if the benefits of being cleared today are worth shooting you if i think you are a villager.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Like Alexa is close to doubly mech town and if Guillo has a confirmable role as town I’d like to be trading for a wolf and not for more confirmation of what I know
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:38 pm

Good luck town.

okay. it's tempting NGL but no one thinks i'm a wolf anyway and i think that makes you not a wolf

and if i shoot an actual wolf i can clear myself that way anyway. plus mafia is literally going to be forced to kill me due to my role regardless. so idk if the benefits of being cleared today are worth shooting you if i think you are a villager.
Have you claimed a role
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Post by falcon45ca »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:07 am @falcon45ca why are you voting Alison of all people?
I don't want her to feel left out.

Also, I think she's Maf
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

The stupid thing is this is an incredibly wolfy gambit from Guillo except for the part where it might work
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:39 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:38 pm

Good luck town.

Have you claimed a role
not outright because i don't want to be souped. but i claimed information and my PR is good.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:15 pm In only 10 posts, Porscha has
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:31 pm hi guys. glad to see this is like 30-something pages in already lol...
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:49 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:47 pm
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:45 pm I only read on radish there to clarify
How much of the thread have you read?
about a quarter of it
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 pm Might not get to all of the day 1 posts. Amazing amount of posts already tbh, more than I expected even with all these people lol. Sorry if I dont quite catch all of them, but I'll do my best to read as much as I can. And a lot of my reads early on are pretty superficial since there is so much going on, I won't be hard reading this early. Not trying to go too crazy day 1 hehe.
An unnatural number of posts about how they're behind
(Middle one was prompted tho so less bad)
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:44 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:42 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:45 pm I have a red on radishes kill him
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:46 pmI cc
I town read this
yeah that's actual comedy. I don't see a reason to not town read radish atm
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:45 pm I only read on radish there to clarify
A TMIey Radish read

Particularly the wording of "I don't see a reason not to townread _______"
That's literally not how townreads work and it especially makes no sense when your reason is "this post is funny" and even more so when you obviously haven't read the rest of his posts
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:05 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:04 pm
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:03 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:00 pm [VOTE: Porscha] aubergine

Sup
hey gamer what's poppin
You feel wolfy from a glance

Are you a wolf?
laugh and a half, and whether I was or wasn't I'd be saying no either way. seems like a silly question
This overly self-aware response, but could be explained by an MS mentality or something similar

Just all seems pretty wolfy
yes i'm looking at this now

definitely think Porsha could be a wolf
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

nvm i saw a kinda towny Porsha post around when c4 was contemplating shot
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

If alexa and guillo are both town. And alexa shoots guillo and guillo dies and confirms alexa town. Then we have one dead town and alexa role outed that could be souped. Then we have 1 to 2 less town. How would that help us? We've already lost townies to vig shots and it's only day 1 so I'm not seeing how that makes sense. If alexa chooses not to shoot guillo that doesn't tell us anything either because I wouldn't trust that if someone said that to me.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:56 pm If alexa and guillo are both town. And alexa shoots guillo and guillo dies and confirms alexa town. Then we have one dead town and alexa role outed that could be souped. Then we have 1 to 2 less town. How would that help us? We've already lost townies to vig shots and it's only day 1 so I'm not seeing how that makes sense. If alexa chooses not to shoot guillo that doesn't tell us anything either because I wouldn't trust that if someone said that to me.
if he is fake he has to be some sort of bomb type role that takes me out with him tbh.

i think he is real though. i think maf!Guillo, unless that exact role, doesn't try to sacrifice himself like that.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Idgi
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

112 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:27 am
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:25 am [VOTE: GUILLOTINE] aubergine
i can 100% see this so not insulting the vote when i ask, but what are your reasons?
hmmm if guillo is V i kinda don't like this, the wording at least feels very awkward to me

FTR, i think guillo's claim is villagery. but i was getting pinged by some of his pushes/comments in early game and felt he was being performative in a way that i've found sticks out more when he is a wolf. but he is also a performative villager at times, it just felt like he was making a bunch of soft pushes all over the place than a push he believed in.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:03 pmIdgi
don't get what?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:34 am @alexa what players have vocalised suspicion towards you in this game and what players have prominently defended or shielded you?
@Phil and Gloria why do you ask this?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I genuinely don’t understand what’s going on with this dynamic and I’m half a second away from commanding you to just shoot guillo
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I probably won't be able to check in again on the thread. I have a red check on Alison, I suggest we kill her tomorrow.

I'm not going to go into my reasoning on any of this, I can't play today... So I won't be saying anything more on the matter.

See y'all tomorrow (maybe).
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

ilario wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:35 am @alexa shoot someone
who do you suggest?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:09 pm I probably won't be able to check in again on the thread. I have a red check on Alison, I suggest we kill her tomorrow.

I'm not going to go into my reasoning on any of this, I can't play today... So I won't be saying anything more on the matter.

See y'all tomorrow (maybe).
@NotAnAxehole do you hardclaim this?
Because I can kill her right now if so
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Here's some food for thought

112 is in wolf range
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”