NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Pandas vs Trash Pandas [Day 3]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Ironically daisy is my only lock town atp
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 124

Post by Dyslexicon »

I have been underplaying for sure. But in a weird way, that is definitely a giveaway that I'm town lol. I could "play town" and I'd be either town or mafia. I'm deeply lethargic, I'm always town tbh.

Should try to fake it as mafia once and see if I can tbh.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:22 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:18 pmIts not locked in, probably gonna shoot in like

Idk 50 minutes or so
Sure. Let me catch up first and give my whatever. Probably will within 50 minutes.

But it's honestly a very bad shot if you shoot me. It's easy to say I'm underwhelming or not doing anything or what have you, so it's easier to take the shot cause then it's my fault as well (which it is in a way). But lethargy is never something that happens to me as mafia. Literally zero games. I can't help but get super high strung as mafia, and you know this. But I can get real lethargic and blah as town, if I don't feel the game or don't feel a direction for whatever reason. I don't like it, but it happens. Trying the best I can now.
I'm pretty sure "I only get lethargic as town" isn't actually true lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 257

Post by Creature »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:33 pm Like that big post from daisy had such a "uh my teammates just told me Im being called out so im gonna throw a salad of reads give me a sec" energy.
Spacedaisy bothers me because they just went automatic "wolfread creature" in a way that I remember doing as wolf (no hesitation, no second doubts, no looking back). I'm giving Spacedaisy space though because it feels like it's her playstyle to minpost and she may just have the wrong notion of how to read me as she never played with me before.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:34 pm Ironically daisy is my only lock town atp
Can you please tell me why? I don't have a clear grasp of her play style.

Also, embarrassing, but earlier on I mixed up her and Juliets, and thought she was the one I was scum with in a game way back. And thought she was town because she was sassy and Juliets wouldn't be that sassy. But obviously, they aren't the same person lol. Just both OG Cindy Kate divas.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:35 pmI'm pretty sure "I only get lethargic as town" isn't actually true lol
I'm pretty sure it is. You know how much I freak out from being mafia. My energy goes up from it, nervous energy. It happens every time. So yeah, it is.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:51 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:39 pm I guess there is a lesson to be learned about finding an "optimal" mathematical solution that disregards the social aspect of the game and ignores that the game is designed with much higher winning odds for the mafia faction, which town can only overcome through social cohesion.
There should also have a mechanism solution that allows town to attempt to save other players besides the Red Panda. Like, the Marmot and NotAnAxehole kills were pretty predictable and someone could've saved them. I guess I might leave this discussion for postgame because I'm not sure how beneficial it is to talk about it right now.
Yeah, setup is too mafia sided for sure. Extra saves would be ideal.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:34 pm Ironically daisy is my only lock town atp
Then that like leaves only hollowkatt for me. Perhaps DrWilgy holds some cred on falcon, but I'm not particularly wolfreading the latter.

I might be misreading Urist maybe?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:40 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:51 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:39 pm I guess there is a lesson to be learned about finding an "optimal" mathematical solution that disregards the social aspect of the game and ignores that the game is designed with much higher winning odds for the mafia faction, which town can only overcome through social cohesion.
There should also have a mechanism solution that allows town to attempt to save other players besides the Red Panda. Like, the Marmot and NotAnAxehole kills were pretty predictable and someone could've saved them. I guess I might leave this discussion for postgame because I'm not sure how beneficial it is to talk about it right now.
Yeah, setup is too mafia sided for sure. Extra saves would be ideal.
I think there are enough saves, but we need to make better plans that aren't just saving NANOOK or not saving anyone, because wolves have plenty of kills to reach parity quicker before they cogitate killing NANOOK.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:33 pm I don't have the energy or the will to write the exact same wall analysis for Dyslexicon as I had it, but a summary with all the main points will do just fine.

In an attempt to read a player whom most of time I have not been able to read correctly, I've approached the slot in thee ways.

1) Based on Meta
I don't think Dyslexicon is scum here based on meta alone, I've seen his scum game and he takes command of the thread, establishing his dominance over the playlist, pocketing players who are out of his league for a complete hypnosis lol and persuading them into chopping the players he consider threats. I don't see that in this game, granted, I've only played in 5-6 with him and spectated another, in three of those he randed scum, one was in a mash so I can't really count that one because Mashes are just different types of Mafia games.

I was a scum partner with him and Hally and we swept the hell out of the town, he was a powerwolf in that game.

In the other I was town and I had correctly grouped him with Alana and ... someone else from mafia café..it's hard for me to remember stuff but it was a mafia cafe game and I was night killed on night 1. Dyslexicon was a dominant powerwolf in that game as well.

In two of the town games I've seen him play he was a little less dominant, it was like he was laying low so he wouldn't be fear killed in those games but he outed reads moderately, unlike here where he is noticeably underwhelming for the lack of a better word (I don't want to keep insulting people unintentionally).

In the Team Mafia game at Mafia Universe, we randed town, he was in my team. I played a gambit that got us in trouble and when his turn to play came up, he powertowned the shit out of that game, finally getting us out of PoE, Ephemeral had done a solid job but the wolves had made a great job at keeping us in the PoE but that went away when Dizzy took over and that is the kind of play I expect Dizzy to have.

In other words, Dyslexicon is a dominant player, moreso as scum though, so based on meta and just meta, Dizzy is not scum here.

2) Based on behavior here
This is where it gets contradictory because based on behavior in this game, Dizzy could easily be scum. If I forget about meta, if I say you know what, fuck meta, meta is worthless crap, Dyslexicon has claimed that he cannot be meta read in past games and several occasions and every seasoned player can shift their meta, then Dizzy could be scum.

He is not committing to reads, he has outed some reads but they feel like he is leaving a way out? some of his posts look WIFOMy and he is playing the kind of game where he can remain in the middle you know? like not scummy enough to be immediate PoE but not townie enough to not make people wonder why he has not been night killed yet that kind of game that makes you think? Would a wolf draw attention to themselves playing that way?? and you answer no, only to tinfoil right after and say "well that is exactly why it would work", because that is the first think a townie thinks, that wolves care a lot about not drawing attention to themselves!
And I know you are gonna call me a narcissist for it, egomaniac whatever, but there are players like me whom don't give a shit about drawing attention to themselves when randing wolf, some of us are risk takers and that is why we win a lot of games when we rand scum and maybe that is Dizzy's case here even though he keeps telling me that I shouldn't judge others based on how I play, because I'm different (You know what I'm talking about).

Again, if we ignore Dizzy's meta, if I were to think he is playing this way to throw me and (those that know his meta) off, Dizzy has high wolf equity here.

Based on flips
Based on flips Dizzy does not look good at all. He also soft defended Michelle and Marmot highly suspected him, I know how Dizzy operates as scum during the night. He eliminates threats, he does not play the WIFOM game at night, he just kills threats to him or his teammates period and Marmot dying could mean that he had the ball in his hands when it comes to reading Dizzy.

I have not read NAA ISO yet, I'm sure most of you understand my reluctance, I'm not a fan of his playstyle, so I don't know what what his read on Dizzy to cross reference that too but just based on Michelle and Marmot, Dizzy is likely to be scum here.

Side note: Why is this not applicable to fingersplint's death pointing to DDL as possible scum?

Pretty simple. Marmot also had other suspects so it is easier for scum!Dyslexicon to try to hide behind those other people if they are town, while fingersplints had 6 posts? and their only vote is DDL, there is wolf that would kill someone whose only read is you, it's suicide, it draws too much attention to yourself, a wolf gotta kill threats yes but like fingersplint is just too in the face to be true, I hope you know what I mean. I believe more in my doc dodge belief and I could even entertain DDL getting set up by scum there.

Bottom Line
The bottom line is that Dyslexicon is in my PoE. In my analysis two vantage points overrule the first one and if I combined all three in one (Meta, Behavior, Flips), Dizzy is still scummy. Maybe he is town waiting for something, maybe he is scum waiting for something but I will not just wait for the game to be too late to pressure him when based on my analysis, Dyslexicon is scum.

[VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine
I haven't read most of this. But I hate it when people speak for me and are wrong about it.

I also don't get how you go from "Dizzy is not scum on meta" till voting me. But cheers.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:36 pm

Also, embarrassing, but earlier on I mixed up her and Juliets, and thought she was the one I was scum with in a game way back. And thought she was town because she was sassy and Juliets wouldn't be that sassy. But obviously, they aren't the same person lol. Just both OG Cindy Kate divas.
Uh hard to articulate really, sorry...I have a decent history of reading her and she feels the same as other games I've seen her town in. So meta gut read i guess
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I don't know about you guys but for me Urist's table extends to saving nanook or not.

I think if anyone is free from saving nanook and believes they have the ability to save someone else, they should consider taking theor chances.

Saving other people is why this setup isn't necessarily scumsided.
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by hollowkatt »

I'm town reading daisy and dizzy. not town reading guillo or creature.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by hollowkatt »

also town reading DDL
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DDL
Creature

Urist (Leaving this up to Nanook though)

Guillo (Main thing that is scummy about Guillo is how some of his posts feels so incredibly constructed. Don't know if I can find the right word for it, but it seems like rhetoric more than natural thoughts. Maybe it's just how he writes though. He did derp a whole lot in the beginning. Not sure here tbh.)
Daisy (I know Nanook says something else. I don't get her confidence on me at all. I don't know.)

Wilgy (Nothing towny. But maybe not teamed with Falcon?)
HK (Probably tried to buddy me idk.)
Falcon (Questions that goes nowhere. No town indicators from what I've seen. No drive.)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:45 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:36 pm

Uh hard to articulate really, sorry...I have a decent history of reading her and she feels the same as other games I've seen her town in. So meta gut read i guess
Alright, that's fine.

She's scum reading my two top town reads though. =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:47 pm DDL
Creature

Urist (Leaving this up to Nanook though)

Guillo (Main thing that is scummy about Guillo is how some of his posts feels so incredibly constructed. Don't know if I can find the right word for it, but it seems like rhetoric more than natural thoughts. Maybe it's just how he writes though. He did derp a whole lot in the beginning. Not sure here tbh.)
Daisy (I know Nanook says something else. I don't get her confidence on me at all. I don't know.)

Wilgy (Nothing towny. But maybe not teamed with Falcon?)
HK (Probably tried to buddy me idk.)
Falcon (Questions that goes nowhere. No town indicators from what I've seen. No drive.)
This is the best order I have now @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

Honestly no idea if it's good or not.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

My guess for scum team is Falcon + HK + someone else
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:45 pm I don't know about you guys but for me Urist's table extends to saving nanook or not.

I think if anyone is free from saving nanook and believes they have the ability to save someone else, they should consider taking theor chances.

Yeah, especially in even nights you almost always have to save someone.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

What are the rolls for tonight btw?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:54 pm What are the rolls for tonight btw?
At least 50 if 6 giant pandas left
At least 45 if 5 giant pandas left
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:54 pm What are the rolls for tonight btw?
At least 50 if 6 giant pandas left
At least 45 if 5 giant pandas left
Oof.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

From what I saw, falcon is still a coinflip to me and probably not very informative.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME You shouldn't shoot me. Don't know what parameters you're using trying to read me or if you're just taking a crap shoot. Me being this lethargic towards the game literally cannot happen if I'm mafia, unless you think I'm faking the whole thing. I think that's the easiest and best way I can rely my alignment to you. Take it or leave it ig, or ask me whatever else.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Hoping NANOOK surprises me.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

But you also should shoot mafia lol gl gl
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Urist »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:45 pm I don't know about you guys but for me Urist's table extends to saving nanook or not.

Yes, this was the intent. I had a formula for whether to protect someone other than nanook but it was prob too complicated.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Strongly agree that nanook should shoot mafia today.

@dunya shoot hk plz

If wrong I'm hero shooting
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gl gl
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

im gay
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by dunya »

and just like that, the great red panda told all the giant pandas to shut up and stop talking.

he took out his big guns and he told them to line up, cos he was ready to shoot his shot and go to sleep for the night.

Day 3 Poll
who is the masked Giant Panda among you?
Poll runs till Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:00 am
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

Creature
13%
Voters: hollowkatt, Spacedaisy
Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Voters: None
DrWilgy
No votes
Dyslexicon
13%
Voters: Dyslexicon, Guillotine
falcon
7%
Voters: DrWilgy
Guillotine
No votes
hollowkatt
20%
Voters: Creature, falcon45ca, Dragon D. Luffy
Spacedaisy
No votes
Urist
No votes
Unvote
7%
Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
iloveolives/host/mods/dead/spec
40%
Voters: fingersplints, Scotty, nutella, juliets, Syn, dunya
Total votes: 15
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:08 pm @dunya shoot hk plz
bc shooting outside your own 50-50 isn't a hero shot :nicenod:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Pandas vs Trash Pandas [Night 3]

Post by dunya »

NANOOK took his sweet time looking over the giant pandas

he felt like they were all pulling him in different directions

but his mind was set

was it tunnel vision or was he accurately indentifying HK as a trash panda in disguise?????????

too bad Red Panda messed up cos he wasn't wearing his glasses again...

hollowkatt has been banished to Edinburgh Zoo. He flips Giant Panda.

It is now Night 3. You have until 5PM EDT to send in your night actions.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Pandas vs Trash Pandas [Day 4]

Post by dunya »

dizzy was just minding his own business, looking fabulously cute in his black and white coat

munching on some delicious watermelon

when a trash panda in disguise approached him

"hey dizzy, marmot is crying in Memphis Zoo cos he misses you so much. If you go to him, he will stop crying then you can bring him back!"

foolishly, dizzy believed the fake, gruffy panda. I mean dizzy did have a weak spot for marmot and a weaker spot for tears....he packed some cute snacks and ran as fast his little panda legs took him to marmot....

Dizzy is in Memphis Zoo, reunited with Marmot. He was a Giant Panda.

It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to kill a Trash Panda or else....

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Okay. This kill surprises me.

I'll probably shoot top vote getter at 24 hour mark
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 59

Post by falcon45ca »

Creature wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:22 pm Okay. This kill surprises me.
Wolfy.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

So mafia start stacking your votes
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I always found your RD 1 town read on me as pockety

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Creature
Dragon D. Luffy
DrWilgy
falcon
Guillotine
Spacedaisy
Urist

Four giant pandas and three trash pandas here.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think Guillotine is wolf.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I have no idea about Daisy, so I'll probably just put faith in you here.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:23 pm
Wolfy.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:24 pm I always found your RD 1 town read on me as pockety

Not sure if I am fan of this entrance.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Creature wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:28 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:23 pm
Wolfy.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:24 pm I always found your RD 1 town read on me as pockety

Not sure if I am fan of this entrance.
Funny, I have the same feelings about yours
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Whatever. If you're town, don't get into a tunnel bias and try to actually act town.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Creature wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:29 pm Whatever. If you're town, don't get into a tunnel bias and try to actually act town.
I like to think I'm open minded.

Tunneling scum is towny btw
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I don't want this game to be an easy win for wolves.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:31 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:29 pm Whatever. If you're town, don't get into a tunnel bias and try to actually act town.
I like to think I'm open minded.

Tunneling scum is towny btw
but I'm not wolf so your apparent overconfidence on me looks staged af

Return to “Previous Rackets”