Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 7

Post by S~V~S »

Most of what you have said about Chris made sense to me. You had some good points, and I also did not love the Amy Pond thing. This post fairly summarizes what you said that I agreed with.

I have since unvoted Chris, though, since I am starting to think he may be sincere. He said something I can understand, and I am willing to give him the BOTD at this time.
Long Con wrote:The real reason I voted for you early was that you potentially outed Amy Pond after I specifically responded to your first insane attempt, warning you against it. Don't do that, that's classic unCivvielike behaviour. Shame on you, so blatant, just out in public like that. Image

It directly followed what looks like a really waffley, changing, overly verbal explanation of why you survived, which I agree was supicious. Why jump around like that if you're not hiding something? I dunno, but that factor added weight to the idea you were the guy for me, easy enough to go with due to my elevated anger toward you from the Amy Pond Incident.

Then there is the fact that you and keys were high up in my own case, The Case Of The Role-Blocked Ruffian. Makes it that much easier for me to say, "Let's lynch this guy. Maybe I'm right. That would be awesome!"

Your worrying that the lynch was going to end early was the icing on the cake, it's like, this dude is saying "please don't vote me, I think they're gonna end it early on me, help!", and I was like, "Not today, dude. Today I do what you don't want, because you upset me. Stop this silly lynch talk, Chicken Little."

.... so that's my most honest and exacting explanation of why it is that my vote is still sitting on your ass, Chris. I assure you that it is as perfect an explanation as I can recollect from this morning. You know how it is.

I'm going to leave that vote right where it is for now. Feel free to keep reacting in whatever way you think is sound.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:Most of what you have said about Chris made sense to me. You had some good points, and I also did not love the Amy Pond thing. This post fairly summarizes what you said that I agreed with.

I have since unvoted Chris, though, since I am starting to think he may be sincere. He said something I can understand, and I am willing to give him the BOTD at this time.
Long Con wrote:The real reason I voted for you early was that you potentially outed Amy Pond after I specifically responded to your first insane attempt, warning you against it. Don't do that, that's classic unCivvielike behaviour. Shame on you, so blatant, just out in public like that. Image

It directly followed what looks like a really waffley, changing, overly verbal explanation of why you survived, which I agree was supicious. Why jump around like that if you're not hiding something? I dunno, but that factor added weight to the idea you were the guy for me, easy enough to go with due to my elevated anger toward you from the Amy Pond Incident.

Then there is the fact that you and keys were high up in my own case, The Case Of The Role-Blocked Ruffian. Makes it that much easier for me to say, "Let's lynch this guy. Maybe I'm right. That would be awesome!"

Your worrying that the lynch was going to end early was the icing on the cake, it's like, this dude is saying "please don't vote me, I think they're gonna end it early on me, help!", and I was like, "Not today, dude. Today I do what you don't want, because you upset me. Stop this silly lynch talk, Chicken Little."

.... so that's my most honest and exacting explanation of why it is that my vote is still sitting on your ass, Chris. I assure you that it is as perfect an explanation as I can recollect from this morning. You know how it is.

I'm going to leave that vote right where it is for now. Feel free to keep reacting in whatever way you think is sound.
That's pretty much where I am with Chris right now. He's still on my radar, and I don't like the roleclaiming and the lynch-begging and the Amy-Pond-endangering and the massive 'no u'ing, but I don't really see how any of that really adds up to being a solid case that he's a baddie. I'm much more suspicious of Roxy for her glib non-LD-statement, plus some of the points about her that have been brought up since that became a thing. *votes Roxy*
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Sorry...can't defend....Internet....being.............wired....I MEAN....WEIRD....gah!
I'm tempted to vote for you just for this.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Black Rock »

Chris wrote:
Black Rock wrote:*glares at Chris*
Chris wrote:Jesus keys, don't vote for me.

I don't want to quit. There are so many players who just aren't even playing. Why take out an actual participating player? Is that what this game has come to? Participators are killed, and non posters live?

That's not a fun game. I want to live and hunt baddies. That's a fun game.
I just don't want her to feel like she should be lynched because she didn't participate in a way that someone else would find an acceptable level for this day phase. It brings up a whole different issue I have, you got the brunt of it because it was the latest insulting post I had read.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Sorry...can't defend....Internet....being.............wired....I MEAN....WEIRD....gah!
Making a joke?

Ah, but your ignoring my post is acceptable though.

Um, you're lazy and get back to work!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry to announce this, but our non-Who-themed contest that we had scheduled for tomorrow night is going to have to be postponed to Friday night. Everyone (deadies and non-players included) is still eligible to participate though. We will be starting around 7PM. And I will be posting a link to the game in this thread around that time. Thank you for your patience.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Looks like you made it, Chris. Don't put yourself in that position again, alright? :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Who's Polls?

Post by bea »

Who was a nub that tried to off Chris?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Bass_The_Clever
No votes

Black Rock
No votes

Chris
Dom (7), sabie12 (8), DFaraday (14)
13%

Dana
No votes

DFaraday
keys56000000000 (18), Hedgeowl (21)
9%

Dom
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

Epignosis 2.0
S~V~S (20)
4%

Gotrees
juliets (13)
4%

Hedgeowl
No votes

Juliets 2.0
No votes

Keys56000000000
No votes

Long Con
No votes

MovingPictures07
No votes

Ninjablooper
No votes

Roxy
MovingPictures07 (10), Epignosis (11), Chris (12), Turnip Head (15), nijuukyugou (16), Snow Dog (17), Black Rock (19), Elohcin (22), Long Con (23)
39%

Sabie
No votes

Snow Dog 2.0
No votes

SVS
No votes

Turnip Head 2.0
No votes

No U bitch :P (Host/Non/Dead)
birdwithteeth11 (1), zeek (2), Metalmarsh89 (3), fingersplints (4), Made (5), Enrique (6), bea (9)
30%

Total votes : 23
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Following a night of no death, the mob was happy but Chis was worried. "You guys! I don't know how I survived it. I mean, I did, but I don't. WTF? A Cyberman and Strax tried to kill me!!! This is seriously harshing my mellow. :( "

"Yea - you survived two attempts on your life, I think you are bad. In fact I think you're so bad, I'm voting to send you to the hangman." MP told him.
"You didn't listen to the great and powerful LC. Now you shall feel my wrath." LC told him.
"I'm not a baddie. You guys have to trust me!." Chris pleaded with the crowd.
All day long, back and forth, back and forth he battled the crowd. For the longest time, the only help he had was Keys who looked up from his Baconator and mumbled "Ya'll are wrong. Imma just gonna eat my Wendy's so I can go neiner-neiner later. Apparently, Splintsy has turned me into an American." As the day wore on, and all the Wendy's was eaten, Keys became a bit more vocal in battling for Chris's life.

One by one the crowd grew bored by the fight. They decided that Chris was not the one to satisfy their lust today so the looked high and low till finally they found Roxy in a far corner of the TARDIS. She was whispering into her cell phone and crying. As she heard the crowd approach, she hung up quickly and tried to wipe the tears from her eyes. She didn't even have a chance to try to plead for her life before they strung her up, put the noose around her neck and kicked out the chair. :( :hug:

Roxy has been Lynched. She was Dalek 2. She was Recruited. You have 24 hours to do what you need to do.
The Daleks have been Exterminated.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Oh fuck yes! Exterminated! Told you I'd avenge you, fingersplints <3
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Before anyone asks. No one has info on this poll. :p

I had a tooth pulled today and am on the soft mashed potatoes/icecream/yogurt diet for the next day or so. I don't have the energy to do anything creative with the night poll. It's just a placeholder tonight. :)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 7

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Also, as my wonderful hostess forgot to point out, the Cybermen will now kill nightly.

Now back to your regularly scheduled carnage. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nice!! See ya Roxy, you should not have pretended you were a good girl. :feb:
keys56000000000
The Mark

I just want the Cybermen, and The Master, and whoever it is that's recruiting people, to know that I do not fear them. The Doctor has let me into his life and I love him. He will show me the way. Even if I die, the civilians in this town will triumph. I have faith. I believe.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Making a joke?

Ah, but your ignoring my post is acceptable though.

Um, you're lazy and get back to work!
Thank you for that... tbh... I finished just in time!

Which post?
keys56000000000 wrote:I just want the Cybermen, and The Master, and whoever it is that's recruiting people, to know that I do not fear them. The Doctor has let me into his life and I love him. He will show me the way. Even if I die, the civilians in this town will triumph. I have faith. I believe.
:huh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Nice result, also!

What odes it mean Roxy was recruited? :nervous:
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

bea wrote:They decided that Chris was not the one to satisfy their lust today...
:llama:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Black Rock »

bea wrote:[b
Roxy has been Lynched. She was Dalek 2. She was Recruited. You have 24 hours to do what you need to do.
The Daleks have been Exterminated.
[/b]
Roxy you were a naughty girl, you tried to kill me? That hurt. :(

What is this recruited thing? Is it the Master or a secret role? :confused:
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 5

Post by DFaraday »

Great result! I wonder what the recruitment meant though...
Hedgeowl wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote:DFaraday, Hedge's post actually reminded me about something I meant to comment on earlier.

Can you explain the following:

In this post, you said you didn't see anything about Made that caused suspicion. You said nothing about Made seemed baddie.

What changed when you made this post? You didn't make any posts about Made in the interim. I'm confused as to how you got to that thought.
The bandwagon that led to Snow Dog 1.0's death read to me like a save attempt, and I still wonder whether it was. That was the biggest thing which sent me in Made's direction (then his inconsistent behavior and self vote just dug him deeper in my view).

Hedge, I don't have any real grounds for believing that they are teammates, but I did (and do) feel pretty confident that Made was bad, and I was wary of Enrqiue. I had a thought that the shenanigans yesterday might have been some kind of a ploy between the two of them to ensure Made's survival, and thus thought the teammates idea had some merit. The more I think about it, the less Enrique's NK survival makes sense in that scenario, though.

Before anyone says anything about it: Yes, I'm changing my view on something. Because I thought about it further and didn't come to the same conclusion as I did before.
Df - you asked for clarification on what i was wary of. It was your sureness of made an enri as teammies in thread, having not been very involved at all, and then the sudden thread takeover of the idea that they were teammates. When you were questioned about it you backtrack in this post, but then say that you rethought they are not teammates, after Made voted to save himself making it seem like a team save. Then you vote enrique the next lynch, but dont post why that i could find.

Overall reading throught df's posts he seems to leave the door open to suspecting everyone. The same in the Epi v. mm lynch. He voted mm, but still suspected epi. It justs doesnt feel right to me and i think you are cyber.
I think you're overselling my "sureness" a bit. :) Here is my original post on Made and Enrique, where I say I think that IF Enrique is bad, he's teamed with Made, but I'm more sure about Made. I was hardly at Keys-ian levels of confidence.

I don't exactly remember what all I thought about them after, but part of it was I thought that since the Cyber Controller can survive NKs, that Enrique might be him rather than a Dalek (I was obviously wrong about that). I still had suspicion of both, although my thoughts about which team each was on kind of fluctuated.

Your second point about me suspecting everyone actually seems a little weird to me, since I feel like I think too many people are civ. For the record, I'm of the opinion that MP, Dom, Dana, and probably BR are civ. I think Keys is quite possibly civ too, since I doubt a baddie would push that hard to save someone not on their team. I still don't know as he's right about Chris though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Awesome result :D I wonder who recruited Roxy? :ponder:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

I voted breakfast burrito because they're so good (especially bacon and egg!). And I live in Texas, so I'm an authority on such matters. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Awesome result, but I still feel bad we lynched her when she wasn't around. I hate it when that shit happens to me.

Daleks exterminated surprises me. That means that MR, Daisy or Zeek was a Dalek.
keys56000000000 wrote:Oh fuck yes! Exterminated! Told you I'd avenge you, fingersplints <3
Um, you didn't vote for her, Lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

What is Thia curry?

Surprised Daleks are all deaded. Great result though. I kinda presume the master recruited her. Could be a secret role. Which Who character could recruit? I'm asking Who fans. The Silence? Doubtful. The Valeyard?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

So I was thinking... within the votes for Roxy, two things are possible. If the CyberHead found his body, he vote must be in that group of voters.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
CyberHead Role Description wrote:If you manage to find your body (a randomly determined event) at some point in the game, you gain an extra amount of votes for the next lynch determined by how many members of your team are still alive.
Ok, so maybe the extra votes can go where the Cyber Head didn't publicly vote. So I'm no more exonerated from being the Head than anyone else, and looking at the MM voters doesn't mean nearly as much. Why are you so sure the Cyber Head has even found its body? It's randomly determined. I picture something like one player in the game has the Body, and the Head searches one per night for it. Or some variation on that sort of 'Searchy' role.

Wait, so if the Cyber Head doesn't have to vote where the extra votes are, then Chris please explain to me how the Civvies can have an advantage from revealing the lynch info? How do we catch the baddie in that "hope we got lucky devil's advocate" thing keys posted?
The Cyber Head cannot privately change any or all of his extra votes. All of his votes are based on whoever he publicly votes for in the lynch poll.
So, this means that if on day 6, if the CyberHead had already found his body, he could not be in the group of Epig voters. That pretty much clears LC as the head, but that doesn't exonerate him from being a Cyberman though. He could have just been the one to argue for the head. But I'll back off of that for now, and chew on it a bit.

The other thing Roxy's lynch should show us is the role checker from the Cybermen. I think they knew her role, and switched it to her, in order to avoid voting for me. Why would they avoid voting for me you ask?
Chris wrote:MP, just remember, when I'm lynched and shown to be Sarah or jack, your MK survival will become all the more suspicious.

You know it will.
Chris wrote:At least after I die someone surviving a NK will have one less civvies role to try to claim.

Good luck civvies folks, you'll need it.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Chris wrote:MP, just remember, when I'm lynched and shown to be Sarah or jack, your MK survival will become all the more suspicious.

You know it will.
Seriously, Chris? Mine will, but not BR and Elo? Especially since I gave a full explanation that it was related to my prize? And that even though I didn't expect the hosts to confirm, they practically did once keys complained about splints dying and they responded saying she only recruited one person?

Your fixation on me and your NO U and panicked defenses aren't doing the civvies any favors, on the extreme off chance you are actually a civvie.

Now see you folks whenever.
Long Con wrote:MP: Black Rock survived because her killer was roleblocked.

---------------------------------

I went back through keys' posts to find one that I wanted to respond to (the Civvie secret decoding one), and I found another that I think got lost in the shuffle. I'll just address both in one post for efficiency.
keys56000000000 wrote:If it was indeed a Cyber that manipulated the vote and not Amy, then maybe it follows that Epignosis is a Cyber..
This concept seemed a lot more relevant when I was going on the assumption that the Cyber Head could just manipulate votes every lynch. Since the manipulation only happens ONCE in the game, and that's during the lynch directly after he randomly finds his body, I find it a) very unlikely that the Cybers messed with that lynch at all, and therefore b) unlikely that we can connect Epig to the Cyber team based on that manipulated vote.
keys56000000000 wrote:It's times like this that I wish we'd decode the civvie roles. I know what you're going to say, herrp don't give the mafia civvie info derpp. Here's the thing: the mafia are teams. They will have worked on those secret hangmans more than any individual player can, because they can work together, sharing info. I'm lazy. I have no one to work with. The result is that the mafia teams have probably cracked the secrets already, whilst a bunch of lonely civs such as myself have nothing, working in the dark.
I agree with keys. I just glanced at the Civvie secrets and decoded a lot on a single read-through. The baddies certainly have them all decoded by now.

I don't recall any responses to keys here, but I would like to hear some now. I'll be posting some Civvie role decodes in the thread when I get a chance to do them, so if you have a problem with that, let it be known before that happens and we'll talk about it. :)
Long Con wrote:And, just because I was not aware, due to not paying attention to Strax's actions.... it appears Strax only kills on even nights. I realize that probably everyone knew this and will be, like, "THANKS, LC, for that pertinent info!" but... well, I only just got it.

And Elohcin survived a Strax kill. That's why she's not a suspect for having survived, it's because she's likely a Civvie because of it. So if Chris is a Civvie, then Strax has one more failsafe Civvie-kill-fail before he becomes dangerous to Civvies.

I wonder which baddie Made was?

All thoughts that I'm late to the party for, I'm sure. :blush:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Actually, you know what? Disregard what I said. I thought about this more. If Chris is The Master, he will just survive this lynch anyway. So if he is, maybe we should see if he gets NKed again. Additionally, the strict focus on him today, while it left less for me to catch up, makes it easier for baddies to just skate by today and latch onto a Chris vote. And although I really don't think he is Sarah Jane, or even Jack, there is the possibility that he is in fact that role and the first killer was blocked. AND although I think Chris's defense is very unconvincing and inadequate, at least in my opinion, I reserve the opinion that it means he could still be a lone civvie, just a very, very misguided one.

I've also been really thinking about Rox. Her recent fixation on Epig 2.0 even though she was being hypocritical... in an effort to seem like she's genuinely baddie hunting. Then I thought about why I found her suspicious REALLY early in the game and I just don't know that I think she's legitimately baddie hunting this game... maybe she is, but I think she honestly is our best lead at a Cyber at this point. The remainder of the game other than Epig 2.0, she has suspected Hedgeowl HARD but then dropped it completely and I've asked her SEVERAL TIMES why she has and she has failed to address my concern. I wonder if it was maybe distancing or a convenient target and she was hoping to drum up this case on Epig 2.0 instead. In addition, she latched onto mine and S~V~S's case that Daisy was bad earlier in the game because she was convinced the fact that both of us agreeing meant we were onto something. Her behavior has been really latchy and sneaky this game. If you don't believe me, go look for yourself and see if I'm right or off the mark.

Additionally, potentially cracking the Cybermen makes more sense. And a main reason I was sticking with Chris and not voting her today is because I haven't had the time to properly look back at Rox's posts. But I'm not going to let that make me ignore my gut. So you know what? Screw it. I really think Rox is bad. If Chris really is The Master, let another NK determine that. Let's not waste a lynch today, even if he is, because it'll just fail anyway, and then we'll have to either lynch him again or NK him.

On this note, again, I realize I haven't had the time to build a proper case, but I feel more confident in voting for Roxy. So I am switching my vote to her. I think people should look at her in more detail if they have the time.

NOW I really have to go because I have so much to do. Be back later!

I'm sorry it's so long, but that's ALL of the posts made from when I told MP that he'd get a lot more attention if I was lynched and turned up to be one of the roles I said I would be. It's almost as if you can see within the posts, who I suspect to be The Cybermen team collectively change their minds from voting me. You can see it actually happen with MP's posts, and you can see LC setting up his eventual change of his vote for me. MP even decided that it would be best to NK me instead? Why would he say that? Because a lynch shows me a civ, and a night kill does not. If I get night killed, there's no proof that I am who I say I am, and MP would be able to continue hiding behind the possibility of being one of the two civvie roles that can survive a night kill.

One other thing to note... as soon as it became evident that Roxy was going to take as many votes as me, LC switched his vote. My initial thought was "LC had to change his vote in order to hide the extra votes." Well, like I said earlier, LC couldn't have been the Head, since Epig didn't win the lynch. Now granted, maybe the head didn't find the body yet... but I just feel that it did. The whole "DON'T ASK ABOUT THE LYNCH TIE!' makes me think so...

So anyway, I think that within Roxy's voters, you'll find the Cybermen role checker, and possibly the CyberHead with his extra votes.

And I know there's the chance the Head didn't find his body yet. I'm just looking at all angles...
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Another thing. I think Roxy was recruited a long time ago. She was a Dalek. Rico was a Dalek. The popular belief was that Made was a Dalek. Roxy went after the both of them somewhat early. She's a major reason Rico got lynched.

I think she was recruited early, then helped kill the rest of her team, and got the Dalek team kill to use for her and her recruiter.

Did The Master recruit her? He did target Rico on night 3. Then Made was lynched (the lynch failed tho) on day 4, and then MP was pushing for Strax to kill Made, and he did so, on night 4. Then Roxy was very vocal in a Rico lynch, and basically led it.

Was that the last of her Dalek teammates?

Oh shit.... is MP The Master??

How did MP vote in the MetalMarsh lynch?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

The MM lynch was the one that ended early. :ponder:

If Epig is with MP, that lynch could have been a choice of picking the lesser of the two evils with MP. Or it could have just been a matter of it ending early and screwing up any possible plans.

I highly suggest you all re-read MP with the mind that he could be The Master, and that Roxy and MM were both recruited.

It starts to look very interesting.

Then remember the people vouching for MP or intereacting with MP a lot. LC, Epig, SVS... all people I'd recruit if I was a recruiting Indy killer.

I'm not making a case that he is The Master. I need someone else's view on the possibility. Someone who is not LC, Epig, SVS, or Hedgie please.

I think, in order for MP to be a civ, he can only be one role. And it doesn't make much sense that people would be saying they think he's a civ based on anything role related.

Black Rock, you were targeted. What do you think of the possibility that MP is The Master?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Sorry to do this again... but like I said, I do most of my thinking in the morning.

I'll be out in the boonies again today, so phone coverage will be spotty. I want to get all of my ideas out today, since I don't think that I'll make it through the night...
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Some thing that give me pause on my "MP is The Master and recruiting everyone in the game" theory...

- The 2 remaining unknown roles. (It says "secret roles", plural, in the roles list. There are 29 known roles, and 31 players)
- The Master's secrets appear to be completed, and say nothing about recruitment other than Lucy Saxon.

Now, it does say "Due to his strong ability as a hypnotist, once in the game he can force every night action that night to be randomly redirected to someone other than the original target." Hypnotist could lead me to believe he can then recruit people... but I think I'm reaching there.

So does that mean there is ANOTHER Indy role that is unknown and secretly recruiting players? (That would be 1 of the unknown roles)

And then could the last unknown role be the body that the CyberHead is looking for? I didn't think so, since the head finding the body would give the head more votes, but that would also give the body a vote to add to the CyberMen as well. I felt like that didn't add up... but I suppose it's a possibility.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Yay! We got all the Daleks! I was wary of Roxy for awhile there. I am voting salad because I'm trying to eat healthier and I'm craving a delicious salad right now. Still unsure about Chris and how he survived those two attempts on his life. I guess we shall see how things go.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Chris wrote:Some thing that give me pause on my "MP is The Master and recruiting everyone in the game" theory...

- The 2 remaining unknown roles. (It says "secret roles", plural, in the roles list. There are 29 known roles, and 31 players)
- The Master's secrets appear to be completed, and say nothing about recruitment other than Lucy Saxon.

Now, it does say "Due to his strong ability as a hypnotist, once in the game he can force every night action that night to be randomly redirected to someone other than the original target." Hypnotist could lead me to believe he can then recruit people... but I think I'm reaching there.

So does that mean there is ANOTHER Indy role that is unknown and secretly recruiting players? (That would be 1 of the unknown roles)

And then could the last unknown role be the body that the CyberHead is looking for? I didn't think so, since the head finding the body would give the head more votes, but that would also give the body a vote to add to the CyberMen as well. I felt like that didn't add up... but I suppose it's a possibility.
Considering we have decoded The Master's secrets, and it only says he searches for Lucy, not mass recruitments. You sure are fixated on The Master though! Seems a bit powerful to have so many protections, a kill, and recruitments.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sabie12 wrote:Yay! We got all the Daleks! I was wary of Roxy for awhile there. I am voting salad because I'm trying to eat healthier and I'm craving a delicious salad right now. Still unsure about Chris and how he survived those two attempts on his life. I guess we shall see how things go.
:ponder:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Chris wrote:Some thing that give me pause on my "MP is The Master and recruiting everyone in the game" theory...

Like i said just a short while ago. Maybe the Valeyard can recruit if he is a secret role?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:
sabie12 wrote:Yay! We got all the Daleks! I was wary of Roxy for awhile there. I am voting salad because I'm trying to eat healthier and I'm craving a delicious salad right now. Still unsure about Chris and how he survived those two attempts on his life. I guess we shall see how things go.
What raises your suspicion?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ha, awesome! I had a feeling that Rox was bad. ;) Hope to play another game soon with you though, Rox!

First off, I've been saying I think Gotrees could be bad for a while now, but I had him pegged as a Dalek, so that shows how much I know. JC uncovered some interesting thoughts. I do think he should be examined further.

Chris, you're doing the civvies NO favors by constantly suspecting me, although I appreciate your attempts to baddie hunt. You're being even more stubborn than keys. :p

Some people seem to jump on DFaraday this past lynch. I do not think DFaraday is bad.

I will have to think about stuff and will be back when Day 8 begins with thoughts. Hopefully something decent. :srsnod:

Also, agreed with DFaraday on breakfast burrito, even though I am newly a Texan. Yay Texas. :noble:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Like I said, I'm just putting all of my thoughts out there.

So, replace The Master as Roxy's recruiter. But look at how she targeted her own team! That is the move of a recruited player. That's where I'm focusing. If not The Master (and it appears it's not), then let's figure out who. And I don't mean who in the sense of the show, but which player.

I'm leaving now... I'll be doing some re-reading from my phone, but it's scary to do while driving.

I really hope I don't come home to find nothing discussed... I know it's night, but I feel like we need to be working on this full time.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom wrote:
And Dom, that post caught my eye too.

She only mentions Roxy for the first time on night 6.

She said the same thing about Rico too, right before voting for him.

Searching her posts is easy, they all fit on one page. I'd suggest re-reading Sabie too....
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I voted breakfast burrito. :srsnod:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

This post of Dom's is a bit odd...
Dom wrote:

Considering we have decoded The Master's secrets, and it only says he searches for Lucy, not mass recruitments. You sure are fixated on The Master though! Seems a bit powerful to have so many protections, a kill, and recruitments.

Maybe I'm still tender, but his response to me seems pointless and unnecessary. I've already conceded the very points he's making again.

It feels like a set up post for him to continue to say I'm The Master.

I just wanted to point this out...
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm going to start posting the Civvie role decodes soon, since no one has a problem with it.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Brain SALAD Surgery
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yay! Great job Roxy voters! And I agree that the recruitment angle is a mystery. I'll have to sit with that for a bit and see what i come up with. It seems like it would be the Master but people have made good points that recruitment is not in the Master's role description.

I'm still waiting to hear from Gotrees. Note that when he posted yesterday it was right before my post and he started again with how he needed to catch up. He said he was going to catch up yesterday so I hope that is done and he responds during the night tonight.

Also I'm trying to eat lean so I'll got with the salad.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

The other thing I'd like to focus on is MP's vote switch off of me, and to Roxy, and the reasons why he'd do both.

Why did he very suddenly take his vote off of me, right after saying he was going to leave it there?

Why did he decide to put it on Roxy? If I recall correctly, he suspected Made and Epig for the day 6 lynch. Then for the day 7 lynch, he initiates the Roxy vote... but wait:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Interesting analysis, Epig 2.0. I think it'd be even better if MM were a Cyberman, but I still think he's probably a Dalek. I won't argue either way though!

I'm intrigued by your read of Blooper because I've wondered about her.

Gotrees is on my short list of players to examine after MM flips because, even though he is new, fun to play with, and has been helpful, I fear he might be bad.

Not sure about JC 2.0, Dom, or Rox, but I'm not feeling bad vibes from any of them at the moment.
So, if he was working on Epig being the on the role checking team, but then redirected his focus (conveniently) to made, and made turned out to be not Dalek or Cyber, does he pick his work on Epig back up? No. He goes to Roxy, who not 3 days before, he said he felt she wasn't bad.

Can you explain that one MP?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Also, leaving now. Can't wait to see this response...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Actually, you know what? Disregard what I said. I thought about this more. If Chris is The Master, he will just survive this lynch anyway. So if he is, maybe we should see if he gets NKed again. Additionally, the strict focus on him today, while it left less for me to catch up, makes it easier for baddies to just skate by today and latch onto a Chris vote. And although I really don't think he is Sarah Jane, or even Jack, there is the possibility that he is in fact that role and the first killer was blocked. AND although I think Chris's defense is very unconvincing and inadequate, at least in my opinion, I reserve the opinion that it means he could still be a lone civvie, just a very, very misguided one.

I've also been really thinking about Rox. Her recent fixation on Epig 2.0 even though she was being hypocritical... in an effort to seem like she's genuinely baddie hunting. Then I thought about why I found her suspicious REALLY early in the game and I just don't know that I think she's legitimately baddie hunting this game... maybe she is, but I think she honestly is our best lead at a Cyber at this point. The remainder of the game other than Epig 2.0, she has suspected Hedgeowl HARD but then dropped it completely and I've asked her SEVERAL TIMES why she has and she has failed to address my concern. I wonder if it was maybe distancing or a convenient target and she was hoping to drum up this case on Epig 2.0 instead. In addition, she latched onto mine and S~V~S's case that Daisy was bad earlier in the game because she was convinced the fact that both of us agreeing meant we were onto something. Her behavior has been really latchy and sneaky this game. If you don't believe me, go look for yourself and see if I'm right or off the mark.

Additionally, potentially cracking the Cybermen makes more sense. And a main reason I was sticking with Chris and not voting her today is because I haven't had the time to properly look back at Rox's posts. But I'm not going to let that make me ignore my gut. So you know what? Screw it. I really think Rox is bad. If Chris really is The Master, let another NK determine that. Let's not waste a lynch today, even if he is, because it'll just fail anyway, and then we'll have to either lynch him again or NK him.

On this note, again, I realize I haven't had the time to build a proper case, but I feel more confident in voting for Roxy. So I am switching my vote to her. I think people should look at her in more detail if they have the time.

NOW I really have to go because I have so much to do. Be back later!
Chris, I can't freaking win with you EVER, can I?

These are the reasons I voted Rox. I said them right here. I also mentioned Rox PREVIOUSLY before I switched my vote here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 789#p90789.

I also suspected Rox heavily like much earlier in the game, but dropped it after I felt she adequately responded.

Have you ever thought my reasons for voting or doing anything have been transparent? Why do you think even Keys now doesn't suspect me and you're the ONLY one who still does?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And Chris, can you please answer this for me:

In your semi-role hint earlier, which really was just you saying you are claiming to have Sarah Jane or Capt Jack, you haven't really elaborated. Now I don't want to out you nor do I want you to out yourself, but you are claiming to have either of those roles, correct?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It may seem like an odd question, but this is important as to whether I believe you or not, so if there's any way at all you can reassure me that you're civvie, I'm all ears.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets 2.0, do you have any other suspects right now other than Gotrees?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

MP, you suspecting anyone in this game doesn't mean anything..you basically suspected every single player in this game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris wrote:MP, you suspecting anyone in this game doesn't mean anything..you basically suspected every single player in this game.
:wall:

I have never suspected Dana, nor do I suspect her now. There are a few others I've repeatedly said I don't think are bad.

I'm convinced you don't read my posts, so I'm done responding to your never-ending suspicion of me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”