Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 9

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:What does everyone think of SVS so far? I've not seen her take any heat yet but I also don't see anyone vouching for her or trusting her. It feels like something is missing from her game but I can't quite place my finger on it. Less conducive to open discussion? Her posts seem to go down carefully mapped avenues of thought, unlike those of a freewheeling baddie hunter.
I've been pondering SVS for a few days now. I just haven't come to any real conclusion-- which makes me nervous. To be honest, I'd expect her to have more thoughts... but I can't name a part of this game-- except maybe the SpaceDaisy stuff that can be absolutely attributed to her... which is not something I'm used to with her.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

TH, I have been working on the possibility of SVS being the recruiter for a little while now. I even left a little hinterest in case I got lynched. It's post 91119.

Dom, I'm not recruited, and I have very good reasons to checking into it.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

as per my phone., it all started when I ask myself why SDS would not vote for Roxy on day 7.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Fucking voice to text.

Vote. SVS.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Click this link to be taken to all of SVS's posts. Enter "Roxy" into the Search box. Hit Enter. Roxy's name will be highlighted every time that SVS typed it in this thread.

I think this is definitely worth a discussion... and I definitely think SVS would recruit Roxy if she had the chance.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It cannot be unseen. I think SVS is the recruiter. Normally in a game of mafia, SVS will have plenty to say about Roxy, she's not afraid to offer her own opinion on the matter, she'll tell you the way she sees things. SVS will analyze Roxy's tone, word choice, level of snark etc to determine if she believes Roxy to be bad or not.

None of that thought process showed up at all in this game. And yet, almost all mentions of Roxy in those 13 posts are a defense of Roxy. Or rather, SVS decided to talk about the players who were talking about Roxy, questioning their intentions... she did not discuss Roxy herself.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm completely fine with a Bass vote. In fact, I'm almost positive he's either (and Snow Dog too for that matter):

1) A recruited Cyberman
2) A recruited civvie
3) The recruiter role

His push, in conjunction with Snow Dog's, to incriminate Hedgeowl as the recruiter seems contrived to me. It is possible she is the recruiter, but neither he nor Snow Dog have provided any reasons for their thinking AT ALL nor have they responded to questions from me and others to elaborate upon their declaration. To me, it reeks of the push against Chris to get rid of him as well.

I already explained why a Hedge recruiter is possible but seems unlikely here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 523#p91523

But to summarize facts we know and why Hedge doesn't seem a likely recruiter, though still possible:

1) We don't know whether MM was 'recruited' by this so-called recruiter or The Master. Despite this, The Master does not say 'recruit' in its role, and assuming MM was recruited by the recruiter, Hedge's vote for him makes no sense.
2) Rox abandoned her suspicion of Hedge. Bass and Snow Dog, to my knowledge, have never even said this is why they're eyeing Hedge as the recruiter, they just insist it. However, even if this were the reason, as it appears to be the only connection, it doesn't make any logical sense. As I stated in the aforementioned post, Rox is a MUCH better player than that, even when she gets really busy, and given the way her post volume decreased in general, I don't think it was an attempt to flip flop on a suspicion after being recruited, even though I was initially inclined to think so. Even if that interpretation were incorrect and say Rox was backing off of Hedge, I think it'd be really silly for Hedge to recruit her main accuser. In my first mafia game ever, on a baddie team I recruited my biggest accuser, Dom, and then practically immediately he and I were lynched one after the other, it was a complete disaster. Even though this is WIFOM, the only fact we have is that Rox is a recruit, and in my opinion it would make very little sense for a recruiter to recruit someone who practically almost got her killed, then backed off a bit. Not only that, but it reminds me of how MM was trying to push me and Dana as bad because Enrique flopped on us at the last second. Obviously not true, just meant to direct in the wrong direction. It's much more logical that Roxy didn't interact much with her recruiter in thread.
3) We don't even know for sure that there is one recruiter role, even if it seems logical, or anything about this recruiter's role or recruiting patterns. The fact that Bass says this:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Bass has still not responded to the allegations that he is Sabie's teammate.
This is the most worrisome thing about Bass to me, tbh.
Sorry I just got home not to long ago and had to unpack. But I was not on sabie's team or recruited or the master so I don't know what else I can say. I voted for who I thought to be bad this whole game. I still think hedge could be the person who recruits and now its day nine so their is a possibility that she has 3 people on here team now. The way chris said there was no way hedge could be the recruiter makes me think he could be recruited I mean why not recruit a player that claims to have a civvie role and has some kind of protection from night kills. Also he has be trying to drive the thread away from the topic of the recruiter.
Pings the hell out of me. "It's day nine so there is a possibility that she has 3 people on her team now".

What?

Bass never even elucidated why he thinks Hedge is the recruiter, but then drops this revelation.

keys56000000000 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:In any case, both zeek & MM are off the table today, so :shrug:

Faraday surviving a Strax kill makes me less inclined to suspect him rather than more. He does seem a bit blendier than is usual even for him, though, so maybe he needs a reread.

Tomorrow, since I am out for the night :)

xox happy mafia players
It read to me that Strax's kill failed, not that DF survived it.
Is that a distinction the hosts would make in a night post?

Oh Hosts: is there game info to be interpreted in the wording of your night posts?

MP, I'd like a little more reassurance re: DF, if it's not too much trouble.
Keys, I'm not really sure on DF, but the fact that he survived an NK last night confirms my gut read of him as a civvie to be more likely. Hope that helps.

Linki: Now TH, that is an interesting argument. I would think it's a possibility, really, but I don't think S~V~S is the recruiter. Not at all. She could be a recruited role, however.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Turnip Head wrote:It cannot be unseen. I think SVS is the recruiter. Normally in a game of mafia, SVS will have plenty to say about Roxy, she's not afraid to offer her own opinion on the matter, she'll tell you the way she sees things. SVS will analyze Roxy's tone, word choice, level of snark etc to determine if she believes Roxy to be bad or not.

None of that thought process showed up at all in this game. And yet, almost all mentions of Roxy in those 13 posts are a defense of Roxy. Or rather, SVS decided to talk about the players who were talking about Roxy, questioning their intentions... she did not discuss Roxy herself.
That's interesting. But i still think Hedge is a recruiter but SVS can be one also. Maybe thay recruit on opposite nights?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

TH, you've made some good points about SVS... but why do you have her down as the recruiter? why not recruited?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MP asks why I think Hedge is a recruiter? Because Roxy backed off from her suspicion of her is the reason and well he knows it. I've said it enough! Has she recruited you?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I mean is rthat all you got MP? I am suspicious because I believe Hedge is dodgy? What else can I answer?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

She could be either one, I guess... I should have said "I think SVS is on Team Recruit". Although I hope there's only one or two people left on that team since we've already lynched two recruits.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Here's a scenario for you.

LC outed Mp as the Doc and MP didn't deny it. In fact he posted his secrets. But what if LC isn't a Doctor companion but a recruiter? And Mp is recruited! So what I great idea to reveal to all the Doctor....no greater civ cred than that!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Re: Roxy backing off of her Hedge suspicion... two things.

1) Her case was not getting much traction. Baddies tend to hop off lynch trains that don't leave the station.
2) Her buddies Made and Enrique were currently getting lynched and Roxy attempted a TON of damage control.

I think she just got distracted/moved onto other things. Being recruited by Hedgeowl is not the only explanation for Roxy's behavior towards Hedge.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S cannot be the recruiter role. She can be recruited though.

Snow Dog wrote:MP asks why I think Hedge is a recruiter? Because Roxy backed off from her suspicion of her is the reason and well he knows it. I've said it enough! Has she recruited you?
Why would that even make sense though? It's the classic newbie recruited mistake, suspecting someone, then dropping it due to being recruited. I have a very hard time believing Rox would ever do that. Additionally, Rox's posting frequency dropped completely, and even in her last post she mentioned the suspicion of Hedgeowl:
Roxy wrote:I am back and will be catching up later if life allows.

I know I have not responded to epi but his whole case is a no u. he did not say anything aboutany of it in his first run down list, plus I really have not had the time. I do not expect people to believe me about it but I am saying it anyway - rl trumps mafia anyday imo

If you think epi is civ then vote me but I guarantee after I am gone you willlynch him next followedby sabie (which no one else has pointed out). they are cyber.I am not cyber.nor am I a robot.

My case really had nothing to do about the ld statements if you were to read back on the made/Enrique cases you will see that.

Also when you finish getting epi and sabie you may want to go after my orginal suspicion that NO ONE listened to and take a hard long lookat Hedge.

I am working overtime today I will make time for this game when I finally get home tonight.
Nice deflection though, Snow Dog 2.0. So everyone who disagrees with you must be recruited, right? Just convinces me further that I'm right and you're bad.

Linki, LOL Snow Dog, you are so bad. NEVER have I said that's the only reason you're bad. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 859#p91859

Right there, I said:
1) Your behavior is in stark contrast to 1.0, you say these very definitive statements without practically ANY backup. You don't solicit others' opinions like you did before. You don't consider every possibility.
2) You latched onto Chris's look at inactive posters, then said you were kidding.
3) Your behavior during the Sabie lynch, which connects you to the Cyberman team.
4) Your assertion that Hedge is the recruiter over the past few cycles is practically baseless and built entirely on WIFOM, just like MM's suspicion of me after Enrique flipped on me and Dana, and could be seen as an attempt to direct attention away from Sabie previously and your other teammates now.

I also mentioned you as suspicious or possibly suspicious in these previous posts since my resurrection:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 783#p91783
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 535#p91535
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 534#p91534
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 523#p91523

So your "is that all you got MP"? is pingy as fuck and a baddie tactic we've seen from MM, Enrique, and the other baddies in this game.

Linki
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:Here's a scenario for you.

LC outed Mp as the Doc and MP didn't deny it. In fact he posted his secrets. But what if LC isn't a Doctor companion but a recruiter? And Mp is recruited! So what I great idea to reveal to all the Doctor....no greater civ cred than that!
:haha:

Wow, reaching much?

A cornered baddie.

Gotta go now, guys, my parents fly out this afternoon, and I need to catch up on PhD work I haven't done due to them being here.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Linki: Now TH, that is an interesting argument. I would think it's a possibility, really, but I don't think S~V~S is the recruiter. Not at all. She could be a recruited role, however.
MovingPictures07 wrote:S~V~S cannot be the recruiter role. She can be recruited though.
Okay doc I heard you the first time :p Looks like you are very clearly stating that SVS does not have an original baddie role.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

TH, watch yourself with MP. I also believe he and keys are recruited.

And I VERY strongly believe SVS to be the recruiter.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Chris wrote:Honestly Dom, I would consider Hedgie as the recruiter if she hadn't voted for MM last like she did during his lynch.
So why couldn't MM be recruited by The Master?
Wanna answer my questions?
Whats the question?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Personally I don't think Snow Dog is a Cyber/Master. He's obviously misguided, but I don't think that means he's bad. He could well be recruited, but it remains to be seen how much of a threat, if any, that represents to us.

MP7 - if your feelings on DF are purely gut-based (i.e. you cannot explicitly vouch for him) I'm moving my vote back thataways, since my gut says different.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Here's a scenario for you.

:haha:

Wow, reaching much?

A cornered baddie.

Gotta go now, guys, my parents fly out this afternoon, and I need to catch up on PhD work I haven't done due to them being here.
You know what I had enough of your BS. It simply an idea I'm putting out there like people do you know. It's an example of how you can't trust anyone with recruiters around. maybe not you, but people you started to trust. About my game chahging since I was lynched, I answered that and it went ignored. My attitude during the sabie lynch i dont get. Expand.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm completely fine with a Bass vote. In fact, I'm almost positive he's either (and Snow Dog too for that matter):

1) A recruited Cyberman
2) A recruited civvie
3) The recruiter role

His push, in conjunction with Snow Dog's, to incriminate Hedgeowl as the recruiter seems contrived to me. It is possible she is the recruiter, but neither he nor Snow Dog have provided any reasons for their thinking AT ALL nor have they responded to questions from me and others to elaborate upon their declaration. To me, it reeks of the push against Chris to get rid of him as well.

I already explained why a Hedge recruiter is possible but seems unlikely here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 523#p91523

But to summarize facts we know and why Hedge doesn't seem a likely recruiter, though still possible:

1) We don't know whether MM was 'recruited' by this so-called recruiter or The Master. Despite this, The Master does not say 'recruit' in its role, and assuming MM was recruited by the recruiter, Hedge's vote for him makes no sense.
2) Rox abandoned her suspicion of Hedge. Bass and Snow Dog, to my knowledge, have never even said this is why they're eyeing Hedge as the recruiter, they just insist it. However, even if this were the reason, as it appears to be the only connection, it doesn't make any logical sense. As I stated in the aforementioned post, Rox is a MUCH better player than that, even when she gets really busy, and given the way her post volume decreased in general, I don't think it was an attempt to flip flop on a suspicion after being recruited, even though I was initially inclined to think so. Even if that interpretation were incorrect and say Rox was backing off of Hedge, I think it'd be really silly for Hedge to recruit her main accuser. In my first mafia game ever, on a baddie team I recruited my biggest accuser, Dom, and then practically immediately he and I were lynched one after the other, it was a complete disaster. Even though this is WIFOM, the only fact we have is that Rox is a recruit, and in my opinion it would make very little sense for a recruiter to recruit someone who practically almost got her killed, then backed off a bit. Not only that, but it reminds me of how MM was trying to push me and Dana as bad because Enrique flopped on us at the last second. Obviously not true, just meant to direct in the wrong direction. It's much more logical that Roxy didn't interact much with her recruiter in thread.
3) We don't even know for sure that there is one recruiter role, even if it seems logical, or anything about this recruiter's role or recruiting patterns. The fact that Bass says this:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Bass has still not responded to the allegations that he is Sabie's teammate.
This is the most worrisome thing about Bass to me, tbh.
Sorry I just got home not to long ago and had to unpack. But I was not on sabie's team or recruited or the master so I don't know what else I can say. I voted for who I thought to be bad this whole game. I still think hedge could be the person who recruits and now its day nine so their is a possibility that she has 3 people on here team now. The way chris said there was no way hedge could be the recruiter makes me think he could be recruited I mean why not recruit a player that claims to have a civvie role and has some kind of protection from night kills. Also he has be trying to drive the thread away from the topic of the recruiter.
Pings the hell out of me. "It's day nine so there is a possibility that she has 3 people on her team now".

What?

Bass never even elucidated why he thinks Hedge is the recruiter, but then drops this revelation.

keys56000000000 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:In any case, both zeek & MM are off the table today, so :shrug:

Faraday surviving a Strax kill makes me less inclined to suspect him rather than more. He does seem a bit blendier than is usual even for him, though, so maybe he needs a reread.

Tomorrow, since I am out for the night :)

xox happy mafia players
It read to me that Strax's kill failed, not that DF survived it.
Is that a distinction the hosts would make in a night post?

Oh Hosts: is there game info to be interpreted in the wording of your night posts?

MP, I'd like a little more reassurance re: DF, if it's not too much trouble.
Keys, I'm not really sure on DF, but the fact that he survived an NK last night confirms my gut read of him as a civvie to be more likely. Hope that helps.

Linki: Now TH, that is an interesting argument. I would think it's a possibility, really, but I don't think S~V~S is the recruiter. Not at all. She could be a recruited role, however.
I gave my reasons why I thought Hedge was the recruiter. I said it was because how Roxy just stopped talking about hedge. I guess you missed that part. I was saying that there could be 3 people recruited if the recruiter got to recruit every other night.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Just read the MP posts with his thoughts on me and there isn't much in there. Vague suspicions which I answered besides my behaviour during the sabie lynch. can't answer that is its non specific.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

keys, have you miscompute anymore about why Eko think DF Possessing Entity bad? Ninja ambulance don't fiord if i mike010295 calculating amical odds but you said earlier Freckles to located cocaine of he is too perfect and then there was something you couldnt' quite put into words. sudorific uncompliant wonder if you might under the bus Fictional Moustache more luck now ductility that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Chris, is there anybody you actually believe are civ still?

I'm out tonight but still five hours ahead. Dunno who to vote for ATM. But I'll easily be back in time for the deadline.

I won't be voting for SVS however. She's a little quieter than earlier but that doesn't make her bad in my book.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

keys, I think she wants you to explain more why you think DF is bad... and something about a cocaine deal gone wrong with Freckles.

Also, it's worth mentioning that I also thought the Bass claim that he looked into past games and compared their playstyles to be not believable. Like, he had time to do that kind of research across multiple games for two different players, yet he still has only 50 posts in this game. BS alert, most definitely.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Long Con wrote:keys, I think she wants you to explain more why you think DF is bad... and something about a cocaine deal gone wrong with Freckles.
Just a gut thing, Jules. DF seems virtually perfect to me, I don't trust perfect players. I've met Freckles, she's cool, I reckon I can get back the ya-yo, for a cut. :haha:
Also, it's worth mentioning that I also thought the Bass claim that he looked into past games and compared their playstyles to be not believable. Like, he had time to do that kind of research across multiple games for two different players, yet he still has only 50 posts in this game. BS alert, most definitely.
Excellent catch, LC! I dare say you're probably right.

*changes vote to Bass*
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
keys56000000000
The Mark

Actually, I'm going o hold off from switching my vote to Bass. I'd like to hear if DF has anything to say while the peril of that single vote of mine still hangs over his head.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

keys56000000000 wrote:Personally I don't think Snow Dog is a Cyber/Master. He's obviously misguided, but I don't think that means he's bad. He could well be recruited, but it remains to be seen how much of a threat, if any, that represents to us.
Keys, is there a reason you think Snow Dog couldn't be those roles but he could still be a recruit? Since you leave open the possibility that he's been recruited to the side of evil, it can't just be that you're getting good vibes from Snowy... it sounds like you've got the inside track on knowing which roles he could or could not be.
keys56000000000 wrote:
Long Con wrote:Also, it's worth mentioning that I also thought the Bass claim that he looked into past games and compared their playstyles to be not believable. Like, he had time to do that kind of research across multiple games for two different players, yet he still has only 50 posts in this game. BS alert, most definitely.
Excellent catch, LC! I dare say you're probably right.
It wasn't a good catch when I said it the first 2 or 3 times? :(
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

For the record I don't think Snowy is bad but the way Keys worded that post struck me as a bit off.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Black Rock »

Chris wrote:LC, if I were to ask you to vote for MP tonight, and leave it there for it to count, would you?

This would be under the understanding that I don't want to lynch him at all, and if someone were to add a vote to him, you could immediately remove your own.

The reason I'd ask you to do this is to chase a lead.

Would you be willing to do this?

Black Rock, I'd like to know your answer to the above scenario as well...
Chase a lead? I don't know how this would be helpful.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote:Actually, I'm going o hold off from switching my vote to Bass. I'd like to hear if DF has anything to say while the peril of that single vote of mine still hangs over his head.
Make that a pair.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

BR who are your top suspects and why?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:What does everyone think of SVS so far? I've not seen her take any heat yet but I also don't see anyone vouching for her or trusting her. It feels like something is missing from her game but I can't quite place my finger on it. Less conducive to open discussion? Her posts seem to go down carefully mapped avenues of thought, unlike those of a freewheeling baddie hunter.

I'm probably voting for Bass but that seems like yesterday's news already. Bass hasn't said or done anything to make me doubt the evidence against him. I brought up a point about Bass saying he went back and read old games of Made's and Enrique's in order to figure out they were bad. It sounded like bulloney to me and he never responded to it. I think he got rolechecker info on one or both of them and dressed it up as his own research. Especially considering Bass doesn't have many contributions to the discussion this game, that point really sticks out.
I have said several times that I think she is civvie and trust her. Unless the recruiter is civvie she is not the recruiter. She may have been recruited but we still don't know how many can be recruited. It could have been only one.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:BR who are your top suspects and why?

I suspect DFaraday. Something weird happened last night that I can't find how it would happen so I am still unsure about him. I also suspect Epig and Dom. Dom is actually my main suspect for The Master. I just can't pull anything together to support my gut feel on that.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

BR, if it helps any re: DF, I think that some if not all of last night's targets were redirected.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:BR, if it helps any re: DF, I think that some if not all of last night's targets were redirected.

Awwww... that does help a lot.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Chris wrote:I'm sorry Bass. I misread your post.

But my point still stands. This has been discussed, at length. If The Master could recruit, he'd be STUPID powerful.

Surviving 3 attempts on his life. A kill every other day. BTSC (if found).

If he was able to recruit, it would be terribly unbalanced. Not to mention it says nothing about it in The Master's secrets, and I even asked.
Chris wrote: Also also:

I asked the hosts if there were any more secrets for the roles other than the ones lists. They answered there were not. The Master's role says nothing about recruiting.
So adding a secret unknowable recruiter sounds more balanced to you? Sounds intense! :feb:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Chris wrote:So Bass.

You think Hedgie gave the player she recruited, the vote that got him lynched?
Only if Hedgie is not civvie aligned. That would be a baddie move IF she is the recruiter.
I don't understand why even a baddie Hedge would kill her own ally.
Civvie credibility of course. Sacrifice a teammate (who's under suspicion anyway), to clear your name from the suspish lists.
Yep, I did it all for the civ cred. :noble:

I don't understand this strategy at all. We know you were recruited, and now you are saying yes this person here recruited me and then lynched me for the civ cred? Is that right? It feels like you are essentially proving I am not on the recruited team, which again doesn't make any sense to me.
In this quote pyramid, I posted a BIG capitalize IF, which means I'm being hypothetical.

I think y'all are just taking everything stated as fact (not just from me). :disappoint:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Chris wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I will be looking again at DF, snow, and possibly bass as possible Cybers for today's vote. I think it unlikely that Epi is cyber at this point.

i am sick right now, so I will be checking in, but maybe not as sharp as some have come to expect.

Linki I know LC. It's either the stupidest or smartest strategy ever.
Hedgie, if you're the recruiter, I'm never playing in any mafia game you ever play in again.

That being said, MM was basically a vanilla role at that point, but the whole thing for a recruiter to win the game is numbers. It's all about numbers.

And there's no way a recruiter would ever lynch their recruit for the cred.

And before that point... no one even knew a fucking thing about the recruiter.
That is a baddie move Chris. Throwing a teammate under the bus. Just because you would not do such a thing, does not mean it would never be done.

And there's that other important part you mentioned. If I was recruited by this secret recruiter, then I am just a vanilla civ. Why not throw me under the bus.

And no I'm not trying to prove whether or not Hedgeowl is the recruiter, but I am saying that she would have to be a baddie recruiter to make that move IFIFIFIF she is such a role. I'm being a little intentionally obtuse, but I'm trying to help you understand.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

keys56000000000
The Mark

TH - my bad! Great catch, man.

As for Snow Dog, I don't have the inside track. I just think I'm seeing misguided civ rather than nefarious maf. Say he's in a team, any team, how is he just now learning who The Doc is? Surely a teammate would have told him?

I leave the door open that he's recruited because anyone could be recruited. We don't have enough infomation on this recruiting business.

Epignosis: ;) More the merrier! Let's give DF a scare..
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Chris wrote:So Bass.

You think Hedgie gave the player she recruited, the vote that got him lynched?
Only if Hedgie is not civvie aligned. That would be a baddie move IF she is the recruiter.
I don't understand why even a baddie Hedge would kill her own ally.
Civvie credibility of course. Sacrifice a teammate (who's under suspicion anyway), to clear your name from the suspish lists.
Yep, I did it all for the civ cred. :noble:

I don't understand this strategy at all. We know you were recruited, and now you are saying yes this person here recruited me and then lynched me for the civ cred? Is that right? It feels like you are essentially proving I am not on the recruited team, which again doesn't make any sense to me.
In this quote pyramid, I posted a BIG capitalize IF, which means I'm being hypothetical.

I think y'all are just taking everything stated as fact (not just from me). :disappoint:
This would be a very different game if everyone took theories as stated fact. I won't name names, but some people change their mind every post. Do you mean specific theories or just in general?

I am voting DF again for now. As keys rightly noted, there is the chance that he is the cyber controller, and he also voted 2nd to last for Sabie. He's playing a very quiet careful game so far and I think he might be cyber.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

keys, TH was the one to first vocalize the idea that Bass faked doing research on past games. He said it before, and I liked it, and he said it again, and I was like, "Oh yeah, I should say I agree!"

I think DFaraday is sketchy too, so I'll put my vote there as well.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:BR, if it helps any re: DF, I think that some if not all of last night's targets were redirected.
I'd be willing to bet that the latter case was the result, not the former, as in all actions were redirected.

I can make a guess as to why too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't see the evidence or reasoning against DF other than "quiet" and "careful" (keys' word was "perfect"). Those words don't mean anything to me, especially re: DF who is almost always on the quieter side. So I'm a bit confused by the votes for him, not to mention he just survived a Strax kill which narrows him down to like 2 baddie roles and 20 civvie ones...

Can someone put up an actual case on DF, maybe with some quotes and analysis?

Voting Bass for now.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hedgeowl wrote:This would be a very different game if everyone took theories as stated fact. I won't name names, but some people change their mind every post. Do you mean specific theories or just in general?
Specific theories. Same thing happened which convinced MP that I was a Dalek. I was certain about my case for Dana, and then I offered a theory that did not support my argument, and MP jumped all over it.

It's as if hypotheses and playing devil's advocate is not allowed. Everything I say is EXACTLY what I mean, you know.

That said, I understand that not everyone all the time signals that they are being hypothetical.

Linki: I could take a look at DF. I remember supporting his ideas early on, but then he made a post around Day 4-5 that changed my mind.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I don't like the thought of a DF lynch at all.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Chris wrote:I don't like the thought of a DF lynch at all.
You don't?

Cool.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Chris wrote:I don't like the thought of a DF lynch at all.
You don't?

Cool.

You boys :sigh:
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Bandwagon much? I don't know how to defend against this other than by saying 1. I'm not the Cyber Controller, and 2. I'm sorry if I play too carefully. I'm just not the kind of player to throw out every random thought I have (and I don't mean that as an insult to players who do :p ).

I will be *Voting Bass*, which I was planning to do anyway because I do think he's likely bad, and also he's not me. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”