Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 10

Post by Chris »

LC, you have to take recruits into consideration. Surely you know that the recruits are a bigger threat than all of the Cybers combined.

For simplification, let's just use the number 4 for recruits, moving forward from here without adding more. That should allow that more will be added, and some may have been killed.

17 living players. 3 are known to be Cybers.

14 living players. 1 is known to be the Master, and 1 is known to be a recruiter.

12 living players. 4 recruited players from the simplified above example.

8 civs.

Now try to follow me here:
Long Con wrote:Night 10: Civ dies, second Cyber dies
Day 11: Third Cyber dies
Night 11: Two Civvies die
Day 12: Last Cyber dies

11 players left. Still have to kill The Master, two secret roles, and a couple of recruits

Night 12: Civ dies, Master hit #1
Day 13: Master hit #2
Night 13: Two Civvies die
Night 14: Civ dies, Master dies
8 civs, 3 Cybers, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After night 10:

7 civs, 2 Cybers, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After day 11:

7 civs, 1 Cyber, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After night 11:

5 civs, 1 UNKNOWN Cyber, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After day 12:

You say last Cyber dies, but who is it? Playing along with your scenario... let's just say we SOMEHOW find the last Cyber.

5 civs, 0 Cybers, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After night 12:

4 civs, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

Do you see where this is going? Sure, I'm allowing that there were no kills on the recruitment team. But, your scenario isn't even showing us going after the recruitment team. All the targets are against the Cybers, and The Master. By the time we're done addressing them, the game will be over with the recruiters having the majority.

:|

Great plan LC.

:evileye:

So much for me being pleased that LC replaced in...
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Well, logically the recruitment team would go after a killer. Seen as the Cyber men inheritted the Dalek kill after the recruited Roxy was lynched, so surely it's likely at least one of them is recruited? Or the Master, or both. If that's the case, we're pretty fucked, and the only solution is to go after the Cyber men to eliminate their most frequent kill. But that leaves a tough Master to kill.

And welcome back Long Con :)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

To date, there's only been one recruitment death. MM is back, and still recruited as far as I'm concerned.

Here are ALL of the deaths in the game so far:

Lynch 1 - Juliets (River Song) NOT RECRUITED

NK Daleks - Turnip Head 1.0 - no way to know if civ or Cyber NOT RECRUITED
NK Master - Mister Rearranger - ???? May have been recruited. Would be shitty luck if recruited then just killed.

---

Lynch 2 - Epignosis (K9) NOT RECRUITED

NK Cyber - MP (survived) Didn't die
NK Strax - Elo (survived) Sarah Jane? The Cyber Controller? Didn't die

---

Lynch 3 - Snow Dog (Mickey Smith) NOT RECRUITED

NK Daleks - Splints - civ? Could have been recruited. Roxy's very good friend. However, very early in the game, and again, would be really shitty luck if recruited then NKed this early.
NK Master - Rico (survived) Recruitment reward? Didn't die

---

Lynch 4 - Made (survived) Emperor Dalek? Could have been. We'll never know.

NK Cyber - Zeek - no opinion (Not Dalek, not Cyber, probably civ) Alive again, so no chance of being a dead recruit.
NK Strax - Made - Emperor Dalek Could have been. We'll never know.

---

Lynch 5 - Rico (Dalek Sec) NOT RECRUITED

NK Dalek - Black Rock (survives) Blocked - Didn't die.
NK Master - Daisy - Dalek 1? Could have been recruited.

---

Lynch 6 - MetalMarsh (Lucy Saxon - Secret role, was found by The Master) RECRUITED

NK Cyber - Chris (survives - NK protection) Didn't die
NK Strax - Chris (survives) Civ save #2 Didn't die

---

Lynch 7 - Roxy (Dalek 2) Daleks are eliminated RECRUITED

NK Cyber - LC (survives) Didn't die
NK Master - MP Alive again. Could have been recruited, but isn't dead.

---

Lynch 8 - Sabie (Cyber 2) NOT RECRUITED

NK Cyber - Dana (Survives) Didn't die
NK Strax - DFaraday (survives) Didn't die.

---

Lynch 9 - TH (Jackie) lynch switch NOT RECRUITED

NK Cyber - Lon Con (Civ) Amy Pond Could have been recruited, wasn't feeling like it though.
NK Master - Black Rock (Civ?) lie detector? Could have been recruited. Didn't feel like it though.

---

Lynch 10 - Lynch stop

Looking back at the dead people without their roles revealed, I see 4 maximum dead players who had a chance of being recruited, and then killed.

Splints on night 3.
Daisy on night 5.
LC on night 9.
BR on night 9.

Now, I know I'm ever the pessimist... but I just don't think that any of those NKs got that lucky. Maybe they did, but I think odds are none, or maybe one may have been a recruit, with the best chances being either LC or BR being recruited later.

The reason I doubt Daisy or Splints was recruited is, by the time both of them were killed, the recruiter already had two successful recruits, Roxy and MetalMarsh. I think that the fact that MM and Roxy were recruited early on, that lessens the chances or Splints and Daisy being recruited. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying less likely.

So basically, that allows that 2 of all the dead players could have been recruited. And they both died on the same day.

Maybe some of the 4 possible recruited players were NKed, but I don't think so...

Fatalist. Pessimist. Realist.

But HEY! Let's concentrate on everyone BUT the recruiters, right LC??!? :derp:

LINKI @ zeek: Recruiting just one Cyber doesn't give the recruitment team a kill. There are 3 Cyber left, and it's a majority vote or some shit. I think they'd concentrate on trying to recruit the guy with a kill, who can't be killed.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Also, systematically eliminating the two known Cybers leaves one unknown Cyber.

you know what that does? Gives the recruiters a better chance of finding that one Cyber, which then gives them the kill.

If you think about it, going after the Cybers without being assured of eliminating them actually helps the recruiters to a certain degree.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Be careful what you wish for, Chris :)

Welcome back, LC

I think eliminating cybers will eliminate recruits. It is totally possible that they recruited, or tried or will try, to recruit the whole cyber team, like we did with the cops in Fight Club. We don't know.

LINKI, An NK recruitment death is also possible.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

It's safe to safe Turnip Head 1.0 was civ, because if he had been Cyber they wouldn't have let him come back in a civ role. Like your "no opinion" on me haha. I'd like to point out I can't be the Master either :)

What I meant by getting the Cyber kill was infiltrate through one member, just to ensure they're not killed themselves, if that makes sense. But, yeah, the Master might have been a better option for recruitment. Just so difficult to pin down who that might be with all the NK survivals.

linki - Thats true, Chris, I think the Master is a priority at the juncture.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I think it makes no sense to recruit Bass or Snow Dog. They've been in the spotlight since the Sabie lynch. Why would you recruit someone who would stand such a chance of being lynched?

You wouldn't.

S~V~S wrote: LINKI, An NK recruitment death is also possible.
A what?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:It's safe to safe Turnip Head 1.0 was civ, because if he had been Cyber they wouldn't have let him come back in a civ role. Like your "no opinion" on me haha. I'd like to point out I can't be the Master either :)
Well, no shit. You died...

But, you can possibly be recruited...

:sigh:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Chris wrote:I think it makes no sense to recruit Bass or Snow Dog. They've been in the spotlight since the Sabie lynch. Why would you recruit someone who would stand such a chance of being lynched?

You wouldn't.

A what?
An NK of a recruited pwersob. An NK recruitment death.

And perhaps Roxys son was recruited early, since Roxy was a recruit herself.

Link I, so can you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Wow, person not whatever that words is lol
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:
Chris wrote:I think it makes no sense to recruit Bass or Snow Dog. They've been in the spotlight since the Sabie lynch. Why would you recruit someone who would stand such a chance of being lynched?

You wouldn't.

A what?
An NK of a recruited pwersob. An NK recruitment death.

And perhaps Roxys son was recruited early, since Roxy was a recruit herself.

Link I, so can you.
Roxy's son? Who, Bass?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't understand why the Master cannot be killed like the Doctor and regenerate later.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Yeas, Bass is Roxys son IRL.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

So could you Chris, and your role is a good one to recruit.

Snowy, I guess he could regenerate later but I was dead for four cycles. If I was the master, the game would be so unfair it'd be untrue.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

His role does nor mention that either.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Snow Dog wrote:I don't understand why the Master cannot be killed like the Doctor and regenerate later.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

quote="S~V~S"]Link I, so can you.[/quote]
zeek wrote:So could you Chris, and your role is a good one to recruit.
So could anyone. And yet, we have NO info to work with. How are we supposed to find these recruited people with nothing to help us info wise?

I was hoping that info would start to come out... but there's been none.

Let's follow the LC plan. Hopefully this train wreck isn't going to get drug out too far.

.I guess we'll be voting for whoever isn't NKed between Snow and Bass?

Ok...

Tuesday night it is then...

Oh yeah, Bass is the role BLOCKER, not checker. Fucked that up last night.

I hope he doesn't know who Strax is, or there won't be any Cybers dying tonight.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:So could you Chris, and your role is a good one to recruit.

Snowy, I guess he could regenerate later but I was dead for four cycles. If I was the master, the game would be so unfair it'd be untrue.
I am not claiming you are the master. We know why you were rezzed. Just thinking aloud about why BWT made it this way. Irrelevant really.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

I still think you're fear mongering Chris. The last few bits of that last post were over the top even for you.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom wrote:Chris, just curious, I was looking at post counts and I noticed something:

Dana: 145

Hedgeowl: 118
Gotrees: 93
Black Rock: 80
DFaraday: 66
Bass_The_Clever: 58
Elohcin: 55
nijuukyugou: 42

What do you make of that?
Not accusing you of anything-- just curious what you'd think.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Chris wrote:
Dom wrote:Chris, just curious, I was looking at post counts and I noticed something:

You know... if people were half as rude to you as you are to them, you would have ACTUALLY quit and not just fake quit (like five times for attention) a long time ago.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Welcome to our first installment of "Things Chris Doesn't Think About".
Chris wrote:LC, you have to take recruits into consideration.
Long Con wrote:That's obviously an oversimplified version of things where recruits aren't taken into account. And unless the baddies and Indies are all in cahoots, then some of those Civvie deaths could just be Recruit deaths, or Master hits from the Cybers.
Chris doesn't think about the fact that I already gave a nod to the fact that I didn't put recruits into that quickly-done numbers forecast.
Chris wrote:8 civs, 3 Cybers, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After night 10:

7 civs, 2 Cybers, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After day 11:

7 civs, 1 Cyber, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After night 11:

5 civs, 1 UNKNOWN Cyber, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After day 12:

You say last Cyber dies, but who is it? Playing along with your scenario... let's just say we SOMEHOW find the last Cyber.

5 civs, 0 Cybers, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

After night 12:

4 civs, 1 Master, 5 recruitment team

Do you see where this is going? Sure, I'm allowing that there were no kills on the recruitment team. But, your scenario isn't even showing us going after the recruitment team. All the targets are against the Cybers, and The Master. By the time we're done addressing them, the game will be over with the recruiters having the majority.
Chris doesn't think about the fact that the recruiter also recruits non-Civs, so 5 recruits, 3 Cybers, and 1 Master could be 5 players total, leaving 12 unrecruited Civs in the game. The truth is almost definitely somewhere in between.
Chris wrote::|

Great plan LC.

:evileye:

So much for me being pleased that LC replaced in...
Chris wrote:But HEY! Let's concentrate on everyone BUT the recruiters, right LC??!? :derp:
Chris doesn't think about the concept that acting like people are stupid, even real life friends, hurts their feelings.

This is what thick-skinned looks like, Chris. I had a bunch of stuff I thought about typing, "he was a dick to me so I'll say THIS and hurt his feelings back!" but I'm not going to do that. Take notes, my friend.

Thank you for taking my late night, hasty tallies and going further with them, Chris. That's what I was hoping people would do. I wasn't providing a "plan" as you said, and I wasn't saying that this forecast was how things are, or how things are going to go. I was just putting some numbers out there to see where we might end up, to begin to plot some sort of road map. To go through some different scenarios to see which one leads to a more likely Civvie victory. To see if it would actually make sense for a non-Civvie to NEED to kill a different non-Civvie.

I'm disappointed that you're not happy that I replaced in. You were the one that complained very loudly and publicly that the hosts weren't doing a good enough job policing Dana, and this is their solution. If you have a problem with it, you should probably PM them, because last time you complained publicly, you upset and embarrassed bea.

And just so you know, I'm not stupid. I'm not :derp: . I did not disregard the existence of recruits. I just don't have any idea how to find them. I don't think the proposals to find recruits put forth in the thread thus far have been convincing, I think a lot of them are based on assumptions that have no basis, and are therefore not sensible.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom wrote:
Chris wrote:

You know... if people were half as rude to you as you are to them, you would have ACTUALLY quit and not just fake quit (like five times for attention) a long time ago.
Rude? :confused:

You didn't think that was funny?

I did...

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

LC, it's ok for my theories and thoughts to be ridiculed and called retarded, but me putting a "derp" hurts your feelings?

I suppose I'm still not clear on the proper etiquette here in this site. It seems to be "Give it, but don't take it."

I was excited about you replacing in. Game related excited. Then I see that post from you, and I became less excited. It has absolutely nothing to do with who the hosts chose to replace Dana.

You say I didn't account for things. I say you didn't. You left out the recruits. I say that's extremely short sighted, and ignores a very real thread. Your numbers leaving out the recruits makes things look a lot less scary. And that's ok. Players who don't want to keep up, and do their own research will just take what you and/or The Three Amigos say as fact, and vote the way you guys do.

Now so will I. You should be happy!

It doesn't matter what I think anymore, since either all of my theories are "retarded", or just not listened to.

So I'll be a good little go along guy, and see this thing out to it's bitter end.

Uh oh, more fear mongering.

But don't get mad guys. Since I can't win, I'm just going to have a little fun, k?
So, I give up. I'll be
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Did I miss who those three amigos where?

I don't think your theories are retarded, for the record. I just don't know if I believe DFaraday is the Master. I think we can still come out on top here, but we need to get either a recruit or the Master on the next lynch to make some headway. I'm willing to ignore the Cyber threat for now if the consensus is that they've not been recruited.

Are we sure Bass is not the Master? Was the switch a prize from the poetry contest, designed to buy Bass an extra life?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:Did I miss who those three amigos where?

I don't think your theories are retarded, for the record. I just don't know if I believe DFaraday is the Master. I think we can still come out on top here, but we need to get either a recruit or the Master on the next lynch to make some headway. Great! Where do we start? Except, keep in mind that there will be a few people who will insist on lynching Bass. I'm willing to ignore the Cyber threat for now if the consensus is that they've not been recruited. And how can there be a consensus that no one from team Cyber has been recruited? We don't know who the 4th Cyber is, and it would seem the only way that we'll find recruits is to lynch them... something people don't seem to want to do.

Are we sure Bass is not the Master? I am. But what do I know? Was the switch a prize from the poetry contest, designed to buy Bass an extra life? Could have been, but how does anyone know that it's not part of the recruiter role? I think it is...
But of course, I'm a fear monger... :shrug:

Nothing I say should be believed.

I think we should try to lynch BWT. I think he's The Master.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Three Amigos. MP, SVS and....who was it?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

keys.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm not sure who the three amigos are either - oh linki i just found out - but Chris people do not think your theories are retarded. Your case against DF is very persuasive I just decided in the end that i was sure bass was bad and I wasn't sure DF was. My plan was to vote for Bass yesterday and vote for DF tomorrow. Maybe that was a stupid plan but just because i voted for bass doesnt mean I didn't have confidence in what you had to say. Please continue to participate.

I'm following the people counts closely but I must admit accounting for people like you guys are doing is not my strong point. I will look for anything I can add but I'm likely to follow whichever plan wins out.

I don't know what to think about bass. I didn't even think about a lynch stop when he didn't die, I just thought he's either the controller or the master. I'm still not sure how we know that was a lynch stop instead of a save that's built into a roll. Does it have something to do with the floor never opening for the lynch in the post?

I'm going to our game today at about 12:00 and won't be home til about 5:00. I have metalmarshs microgame at 6:00 but I will still be catching up and be around at times in here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Well why would the recruiter want to stop Bass' lynching twice? I find it curious that the switch was used first. If they were wanting to waste a day and still have Bass lynched the following day, surely using the stop first would have made him appear more Master-like?

I guess I mean a consensus from the people I generally trust. But they include people you don't, so I dunno.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Chris wrote:keys.
Oh yes

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Is Bass the Master?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Chris wrote:LC, it's ok for my theories and thoughts to be ridiculed and called retarded, but me putting a "derp" hurts your feelings?
I didn't call you retarded at any point in this game. You putting a derp means I'm being a simple-minded idiot, right? Like, that's what :derp: that horse(?) thingy is supposed to imply, right? Yes, that hurts my feelings, because well, I was not being one.
I suppose I'm still not clear on the proper etiquette here in this site. It seems to be "Give it, but don't take it."
I think that the proper etiquette here isn't a site-based thing, it's just general, life-skills etiquette. I don't understand how you can be told so many times, by so many people, and yet you still just believe that the way you act is fine and everyone else is wrong.
I was excited about you replacing in. Game related excited. Then I see that post from you, and I became less excited. It has absolutely nothing to do with who the hosts chose to replace Dana.
I'm not sure why you qualify the "game related excited" thing, or why my post would make you less game related excited. I think maybe you are taking my post as some sort of tightly-held opinion about How Things Are And How They Will Go, when I clearly made it known that it was just a start, something that I want others to analyze and change and clarify INTO a stronger forecast or plan.
You say I didn't account for things. I say you didn't. You left out the recruits. I say that's extremely short sighted, and ignores a very real thread. Your numbers leaving out the recruits makes things look a lot less scary. And that's ok. Players who don't want to keep up, and do their own research will just take what you and/or The Three Amigos say as fact, and vote the way you guys do.
I did not leave out the recruits. I specifically talked about the recruits, and then after your first response, I referenced you to where I specifically talked about the recruits. The recruits are even there in my forecast. The second Civ that died, say, and the third Cyber. They were recruits. The recruits aren't a separate team, they are us. They are the baddies, they are the Civvies. They will die instead of Civvies sometimes. They will die when we lynch a baddie sometimes, like they did with Roxy.

I was dead when that Three Amigos thing was posted. I chuckled at the GIF, and didn't realize it meant that three players are supposed to be the Amigos. Who are the Three Amigos in this game? linki:discussed while I was typing
Now so will I. You should be happy!

It doesn't matter what I think anymore, since either all of my theories are "retarded", or just not listened to.

So I'll be a good little go along guy, and see this thing out to it's bitter end.

Uh oh, more fear mongering.

But don't get mad guys. Since I can't win, I'm just going to have a little fun, k?
So, I give up. I'll be
You are making yourself into a victim here. I certainly didn't do that. I'm not buying into this passive-aggressive "you should be happy" crap either, it means nothing game-related to me, it just factors into who Chris the person is.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I think Chris was excited you were back because you were in agreement over a fair few things before your death, and now you're not.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

The Controller is immune to NKs, not lynches.

However, I'd like to say good point juliets.

Bass' "no lynch" did read a lot like Made's "no lynch".

Linki @ zeek: Exactly.

LC, you can read into my posts here however you want.

:shrug:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I can only hear "You're wrong Chris" before I:

A: Believe it

or

B: Think no one is going to listen to me

So why would I continue? No matter what the case may be, I'm not ding anything to help, so I'll stop.

I'm not playing the victim. I just can't win this argument, so I concede.

I'm not sure what else y'all want me to do? If I'm wrong, and y'all are right, I should be following your votes, shouldn't I?

Is there a way for me not to be wrong in every aspect of this game?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You can be right about game-related things, and wrong about how to act. I don't think I said anything about whether your opinions on the game and who is bad are right or wrong. As zeek said, I agreed with you about a number of things before Long Con was killed, and probably a lot of those things haven't changed.

There are two separate issues being conflated into one here.

One issue is whether you are right or wrong about who is a baddie and who we should lynch, and what our plan going forward should be. My opinion is that some of your theories are right, and some are wrong. I have already given the nod to your fantastic amount of detective work in this game. Some of it proved to be good, and some of it proved to be wrong. I don't think there's a problem with that. You could be 100% wrong right now about who is bad and who is recruited and what the Civs next move should be. And that's fine, you would just be a part of a long line of wrong people in Mafia, just like the rest of us are sometimes. Maybe you're part of the completely right line of people, which would be awesome.

The other issue is the way you are playing the game. You have clearly upset people here and there for a long time. You upset Dom recently when he asked for your opinion on something, and you posted a joke instead of answering him. Was the joke funny? Yes, I love a good Airplane reference. And you upset Dom and didn't care to even understand why. I'm not going to go back and list ways that I think you were insulting or petulant or rude, because I don't think that raking you over the coals is going to help you understand what I'm saying. I just want you to take a breath and see things from that perspective. My impression is that you feel backed into a corner by a lot of the negative feedback you have received, I just want you to separate yourself from it and understand why it's happening.

It's not about your opinions on the game, it's about your delivery.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What if Bass is a recruited Cyberman? It's practically assumed by all now that Bass is a Cyberman, but then how does he survive lynches so well? If it IS like Fight Club and the Recruiter got Roxy and systematically recruited the rest of the Cyber Team, then maybe the lynch shenanigans Bass has benefited form are a thing that the Recruiter has built in to their role to make up for no night kills.

From that perspective, killing Bass would give us the double-win that we got when we killed Roxy: a Cyber dead AND a Recruit dead in one shot.

Thoughts? Is that possible?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

That is possible, LC, but I question whether the recruiter would want the whole cyber team. Seems like if more than one was lynched the jig would be up and it seems a little too obvious Bass and Snowy are lynchable. Then again, it would have been done a while ago when neither had heat.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Regarding Dom... read back through his posts. He has been all over every single word I say almost since the beginning of the game. And not in a way that seems to be like he wants to elaborate on a part where he thinks I'm mistaken or anything. He's just flat out negative with every post I make. And he has been for many games before this one. And I've decided that rather than let him get to me, I'll just ignore him.

Now, if my not answering his questions or ignoring him is somehow me being rude or a poor player towards him, well then I suppose I should just ask to be replaced now, because I don't give a shit about that. How he feels is not of my concern. I don't go out of my way to make him feel bad. I don't call him names. I can't help what hurts his feelings.

I made a fucking joke.

And a funny one at that.

Moving on to the game.

My detective days are over.

I'll vote. I'll weigh in with an opinion, maybe. But my game is on cruise control from now on.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Chris, you were influential in the lynch on Sabie, the case on Bass, but keep going with ideas and sometimes people will disagree with you. That should be expected. It's definitely not personal and I think you have come up with some valuable ideas.

I think the math you and LC started is great and should continue, but as LC said, he was just getting started and people can keep building on that. No need to knock it down.

In light of this lynch with no result, it definitely looks like Bass has some high value. I think it makes the most sense that he is Cyber, rather than the Master.

i am still sick and having a hard time focusing on reading these long texts, I hope to be back up and running tomorrow or the next day. Sorry for the lack of focus.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Chris wrote:Regarding Dom... read back through his posts. He has been all over every single word I say almost since the beginning of the game. And not in a way that seems to be like he wants to elaborate on a part where he thinks I'm mistaken or anything. He's just flat out negative with every post I make. And he has been for many games before this one. And I've decided that rather than let him get to me, I'll just ignore him.

Now, if my not answering his questions or ignoring him is somehow me being rude or a poor player towards him, well then I suppose I should just ask to be replaced now, because I don't give a shit about that. How he feels is not of my concern. I don't go out of my way to make him feel bad. I don't call him names. I can't help what hurts his feelings.
Dom plays emotionally sometimes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 17

Post by thellama73 »

Enough. Seriously. I don't know how many times this has to be said. Keep complaints about other players/complaints about other players complaining about you OUT OF THE THREAD. This whole page has been nothing but people sniping back and forth about who is being rude/thin skinned. This is not fun for the people trying to play the game. Everyone back off and come back when you feel like playing mafia. I will gladly receive PMs if you have more to say on the subject, but KEEP IT OUT OF THE THREAD.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Btw Chris.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Chris wrote:I think Bass is the Cyber team role checker. I've been saying that. I haven't seen any reason to think otherwise.
I coulda sworn sabie was the role checker though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Btw Chris.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Chris wrote:I think Bass is the Cyber team role checker. I've been saying that. I haven't seen any reason to think otherwise.
Btw MetalMarsh.
Chris wrote:Oh yeah, Bass is the role BLOCKER, not checker. Fucked that up last night.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Snow Dog wrote:Three Amigos. MP, SVS and....who was it?
Chris wrote:keys.
I have no has BTSC with either MP or Keys. I have not had BTSC with ANYONE. I am a civvie; I am not recruited. You need to give this one up. I guess your insistence on this one point is why I am not taking your theories very seriously overall~ because one of your lynchpins, the so called Three Amigos, is so wrong. As LC said, we are all wrong sometimes, I have been very seriously wrong about almost everyone in this thread (except the people I have not played with before :derp: ) one time or another.

You are very wrong about me this time.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Chris wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Btw Chris.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Btw MetalMarsh.
Chris wrote:Oh yeah, Bass is the role BLOCKER, not checker. Fucked that up last night.
I think you mean Sabie is the role checker, and Bass might be the role blocker.

I'd almost look at Dana (LC) as the role blocker, since Strax and the Master have continued to kill players without being stopped.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:Well why would the recruiter want to stop Bass' lynching twice? I find it curious that the switch was used first. If they were wanting to waste a day and still have Bass lynched the following day, surely using the stop first would have made him appear more Master-like?
That's a very good question zeek.

Now, look further. Ask yourself questions. All the while, asking yourself "Why?"

If the recruiters wanted to make Bass look like The Master, why did they use the switch?

If the recruiters used the switch instead of the stop, why would they prefer the stop?

What does a switch do that a stop doesn't do?

What was the end result of the "switch that should have been the stop"?
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Chris, just to kick you while you're down, you're overusing the shit out of that enter button. You don't need to make each line its own paragraph, especially if the lines are related. And yeah, your thoughts are retarded. :haha:

You aren't retarded, Chris. I apologise for saying that. I just think you ignore possibilities. You jump to conclusions. You have double-standards when it comes to suspecting players. If you can't recognise those issues, I'm going to continue to ridicule your thoughts, because I have put a lot of time and energy into this game too and don't want to see you throw it down the drain.

One thing I pointed out that has gone unmentioned: The Recruiters aren't killing us. Say we take out the remaining Cybers and The Master, do you think they will take over one or both kills? Which kill do you reckon they'll take? The fact that they're not killing us would have me speculate that they win with the civs. The only thing the has me unsure about that is Roxy was recruited. A recruiter team that wins with the civs and can recruit mafioso would be a serious disadvantage to the mafia teams. IDK, maybe that's how the game is set up, but personally I wouldn't do that to the mafia's chances.

linki: I see two likely scenarios:

1) Bass is a recruited role with a decent power, worth saving. One of those secret roles is the Recruiter, and along with the power to recruit, he/she has the power to lynch switch ones a game and lynch stop once a game. That player is saving Bass.

2) Bass is that player. A secret role with a lynch-switch and lynch-stop. Could be The Recruiter, could just be a secret role. Who knows the allignment. And he's using that power to save himself.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/

Return to “Previous Jobs”