Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 680
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 6]

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 am Points for Rondo - I think town is likelier to try to bury another town than scum at sod.

Points against Rondo - Him pushing me for voting Nate is opportunistic af.
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:04 pm with the risk of being super dumb, I think Nate is town tbh
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:25 pm Actually Creature, convince me to vote Nate over you. You have 20 minutes.
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:37 pm also fingers just jumping in to place a vote on Nate is kinda lmao.
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:59 pm [VOTE: Natethelesser] aubergine

sorry if i am wrong
This progression just doesnt sit well with me and now my pushing someone who just randomly flips his vote last second is opportunistic?
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Alison
Posts in topic: 347
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:23 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:54 am
Boquise wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:51 am
Alison wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:46 am I genuinely feel like your solving today is sincere. I read your posts after you clarified and I get where you are coming from. Your progression makes sense to me. But the end result is rotten. Which means either you are mafia snowing me with good solving or you are town and are about to lose us the game.
Kinda dislike the "or you are town and are about to lose us the game" here because
1. It is sorta an attempt to manipulate me emotionally, make me feel bad and step down.
2. It puts an unreasonable amount of guilt on me when you and Rondo have had me as likely scum - thus if one or both of you are town, you are about to lose us the game as well with that logic.

like I said, my solving here isnt done.
I don't AtE in that way and no attempt at inducing emotion was meant. I am simply stating that if you are town and you hold the worldview that I am mafia then I see this as being a loss.

I am not locking you scum and am working with you to avert us losing if I falsely suspect you, for that exact reason.

Talk to me about Rondo, you seem to think he is quite possibly scum. I think EOD4 looks really good for him. What are your thoughts on him?
I agree that Rondo is looking really good with his sleep post, and he has been one of my strongest town reads.
The problem is that I have a lot of reasons to town read everyone based on votes.

I am also reacting to him entering today with the agenda to bury me, but i read in mu's discord channel how that can actually be clearing in a lylo.
So I am kinda at loss. I have him as scum mainly because of poe reasons.

What do you think of Finger's explanation on voting Nate?
I don't think it's a particularly telling explanation either way. Finger just had everyone else as townier than him, along with a suspicion that he was faking his spreadsheets to look townie. It doesn't stand out to me as being either a particularly made-up reason or a particularly insightful or townie one.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Two people have floated the theory that I am mafia with Boq. This theory is nonsense; it should be clear from our interactions last page that we aren't working together. Yes, it could be scum theatre. Anything could be scum theatre. Why do both of us engage in that show instead of simply working together to bury finger in an Alison/Boq world?
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 714
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:04 am
Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 am Points for Rondo - I think town is likelier to try to bury another town than scum at sod.

Points against Rondo - Him pushing me for voting Nate is opportunistic af.
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:04 pm with the risk of being super dumb, I think Nate is town tbh
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:25 pm Actually Creature, convince me to vote Nate over you. You have 20 minutes.
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:37 pm also fingers just jumping in to place a vote on Nate is kinda lmao.
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:59 pm [VOTE: Natethelesser] aubergine

sorry if i am wrong
This progression just doesnt sit well with me and now my pushing someone who just randomly flips his vote last second is opportunistic?
Do you seriously believe that my vote would make any difference whatsoever? I solely voted Nate (and I have already explained this) because I have been completely wrong with my reads for the whole game and on the chance he is a wolf, I would maybe get less bs if I voted Nate at the end and at least feel good that I had voted a wolf in the game
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

So yes it is super opportunistic level 0 play
"Lmao you're wolf because you voted wrong on a town read of yours that was already going over"

It is using a town vote that can be easily explained and corrupting it for a narrative that pushes said town to get yeeted
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Like maybe you should be more interested in the fact how Nate was decided to be the yeet by players that are not me? I tried to argue against the Nate yeet but I wasn't listened to
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Maybe Creature is frozen
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Creature »

I suppose votes aren't locked?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Wow Creature
Great contribution tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

tbh I'm finding it hard wolves decided to nightkill Marmot over Alison then lucy over Alison. That alone should point towards Alison being wolf.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:29 am Wow Creature
Great contribution tbh
I'm trying to decide which of you and Alison to lynch first. I kinda want to see tonight's nightkill to determine if I was right on the other or if I should reconsider.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I really hope both Rondo and fingers show up this EOD to prevent wolves from sniping a tie.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise, if you are town you should probably be pushing Alison. It's highly unlike any wolfteam combination of finger/Rondo/me would leave both of you alive to F5. I know if I was wolf I would've probably killed Alison N2 instead of Seanzie who wasn't particularly a threat for me. Also, Alison was clearly a bigger vote than Marmot EOD4 yet Marmot died. Marmot didn't feel like a danger to me either, unless you're exactly my wolf partner.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

tbh I'm going to be deeply disappointed if the wolfteam is exactly finger/Rondo. That'd mean it flew through everyone's heads, including you and Alison, all game.
Creature
Made Man

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 0]

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:06 pm lucy
Boquise
Seanzie

decent squad for Day 0. everybody get in my squad. show me your vip squad passes
I have 0 people I'd consider clear enough to call them part of my squad - I have a light townread on Falcon and that's mostly it. You have three.

What are you seeing that I don't?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:00 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:06 pm lucy
Boquise
Seanzie

decent squad for Day 0. everybody get in my squad. show me your vip squad passes
I have 0 people I'd consider clear enough to call them part of my squad - I have a light townread on Falcon and that's mostly it. You have three.

What are you seeing that I don't?
"Clear" is a strong word. I wouldn't call anyone in the game "clear". Those three reflect the earliest blossoms of town reads for me, however, and that meets my Day 0 standard. Lucy, for example, has fallen into an archetype that has, in my experience, proven to be a quite reliable town tell (not infallible, but plenty solid). She is a new player to forum Mafia, and she is in a new environment filled with strangers who carry reputations in their wake, and she still strikes me as comfortable, engaged, and motivated. She appears ready to try to make her mark on the game, and it has been pretty rare for me to see that kind of attitude in the past from mafia-aligned players in circumstances like hers.

Whaddya like about Captain Falcon?
I've played with a lot of players who come from chat mafia - they are almost always chatty and comfortable in that chattiness, regardless of alignment. I think the fact that Lucy is refusing to make reads and is just talking about TV shows means that I'd expect her to be comfortable even if she was a wolf.

I townread her for a post she made afterwards where she asked Seanzie about his age. I think her worrying about adjusting her perspective on his tone based on his age was a sincere thought, and it's not something that many people, especially forum mafia newbies, would think to fake. It reflects a desire to get things right, which I guess is sorta close to what you said about her wanting to make a mark. I'm with you on Lucy right now.

What about Boquise and Seanzie? I'm not familiar with Boquise, but he hasn't done anything that jumps out as me as town, and Seanzie if anything is being slightly less proddy and pokey than he usually is.

Re: falcon, I think if he was mafia and said the line about there being one wolf between you and Seanzie, it would have been intentionally made to throw shade on you - but he backs off it relatively quickly and plays it off as a joke, which suggests he isn't really interested in pushing that narrative. Nothing out of the realm of fakeability, but it's enough for a townlean on page 2.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 198

Post by fingersplints »

Boquise wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:43 am Like maybe you should be more interested in the fact how Nate was decided to be the yeet by players that are not me? I tried to argue against the Nate yeet but I wasn't listened to
I’m not sure arguing against Nate is a point in your favour. For sure scum might have pushed him, but some is also just town who was wrong. And mafia would know who was town, so easy if he was already going over without their help to be like “hey don’t vote there. I think he’s town. SEE I WAS RIGHT!?!” Not saying that is what happened here but just arguing against Nate is a neutral point at this point IMO
Gro-oo-ovy
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:20 pm @boquise How good would you say JJJ is at reading you?
Slightly concerned Alison has a lot of interactions with you
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:29 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:27 pm Is it a bad idea to read JJJ based on how eager he seems to be?
Yes. I have never known him to have a mafia game where he was not eager - if I remember correctly, the first time I ever played with him I (incorrectly) wolfread him because his eagerness seemed so over the top I was convinced it was faked.
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:29 pm I do townread JJJ but not for that reason.
Creature
Made Man

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:31 pm I mean I think Rondo has just been full of shit this game.
Hmmm
Creature
Made Man

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 am
Seanzie wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:33 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:31 pm I mean I think Rondo has just been full of shit this game.
Why are you so concerned with Rondo? Do you feel like this is pushing the game forward in a productive way?
I think he's mafia. Yes.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I saw Alison pushing Rondo at a couple of posts. I'm trying to picture a world where wolf!Rondo decides to leave town!Alison anyway.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:32 am I really hope both Rondo and fingers show up this EOD to prevent wolves from sniping a tie.
I will vote later this evening (unless someone else outs, almost certainly for Alison) but it’s unlikely for me to be around EOD as usual
Gro-oo-ovy
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Still feels like a lack of a nightkill on Alison is really damning for her.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:51 am
Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:32 am I really hope both Rondo and fingers show up this EOD to prevent wolves from sniping a tie.
I will vote later this evening (unless someone else outs, almost certainly for Alison) but it’s unlikely for me to be around EOD as usual
I will probably vote for whichever of Alison/Boq ends up receiving the votes.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Damn. You not being here during EOD will mean we'll have to decide earlier.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boq/Rondo could be a world too, but I feel like Rondo wouldn't bus?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I would personally prefer Alison vote and then leave the decision to who is final to F3, but I’m also suspecting (hoping?) I won’t make it to F3 and will get the NK tonight as everyone has finally seemed to give up on voting me and unanimously decided I am town now.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I say (hoping?) only because I find final 3 very stressful and I have a 50% success rate in that situation.
Gro-oo-ovy
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boq kind of disappeared now
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

How many more hours do you have, finger?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I wished others showed up to give their thoughts too
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:54 am Boq/Rondo could be a world too, but I feel like Rondo wouldn't bus?
I don’t think mafia would vote their teammate this early in this scenario. Why make the game harder at this point? All you have to do is wait for one town misvote and then both vote there
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:00 pm How many more hours do you have, finger?
I’ll probably be dipping in and out for the next 6 or 7 hours. Large gaps in my presence while I do parenting duties
Gro-oo-ovy
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:30 am tbh I'm finding it hard wolves decided to nightkill Marmot over Alison then lucy over Alison. That alone should point towards Alison being wolf.
Why not? Both of them were a lot more townread than I was.
Alison

Post by Alison »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:00 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:54 am Boq/Rondo could be a world too, but I feel like Rondo wouldn't bus?
I don’t think mafia would vote their teammate this early in this scenario. Why make the game harder at this point? All you have to do is wait for one town misvote and then both vote there
Votes aren't locked, so it only matters who you end up voting at EOD.

I don't think Boq/Rondo is a team though, given that Boq pushed against my arguments to clear Rondo.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't know if I'll be around for EOD, frankly. My sleep schedules and IRL commitments have not lined up well with EOD timings.

I am just going to [VOTE: finger] aubergine before bed and hope it is her, because finger seems set on me and isn't going to be around EOD, which means if she's villa the game is over regardless.

If I am around for EOD, I will adjust my vote as appropriate.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think if it is finger it is most likely finger/Boq.

I think Boq/Rondo are probably difference checked.

So the main teams I can see are finger/Boq and Rondo/Creature. The former is more likely in my eyes. I still maintain my townread on Rondo; I just don't see why he would unvote there as mafia. So I guess if I had to bet it all on a team it would be finger/Boq anyway.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think in the world that finger/Creature is the team then we have already lost since Boq/Rondo/myself suspect each other too much and finger/Creature are just going to prey on us. lol us if so.

Even if it's the case I just vote finger here anyway so it doesn't change my move.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: Boquise] aubergine
Alison

Post by Alison »

I am retiring for the night. I can't keep my eyes open.

I will try to make it for EOD.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:22 pm I don't know if I'll be around for EOD, frankly. My sleep schedules and IRL commitments have not lined up well with EOD timings.

I am just going to [VOTE: finger] aubergine before bed and hope it is her, because finger seems set on me and isn't going to be around EOD, which means if she's villa the game is over regardless.

You say “seems set on me” but you haven’t even attempted to change my mind.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
Alison

Post by Alison »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:46 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:22 pm I don't know if I'll be around for EOD, frankly. My sleep schedules and IRL commitments have not lined up well with EOD timings.

You say “seems set on me” but you haven’t even attempted to change my mind.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
I don't know what I'm supposed to change your mind on. You're voting me because I "can be paired with anyone". I've given strong arguments for why I'm not paired with Boq, and you haven't addressed that. Creature spent a lot of time today pushing/shading me, and you've argued that scum partners wouldn't push each other today.

Shrug. You can't be around for EOD, you'll have spotty connection until then. I don't know if I myself can be around for EOD. You have declared you are likely just going to lock vote me and leave. Either you are mafia who is just spewing nonsense or you are town who has completely checked out and aren't listening to what I have to say. I do not have time, I do not have energy, and I can barely keep my eyes open.

So I am just going to leave it here. Good night.
Alison

Post by Alison »

And don't you dare blame me if you are town and we lose, when you initiated the thunderdome on the basis that I could be partnered with anyone, ignored my arguments that I'm not partnered with people, and then decided to lock your vote on me while declaring you won't be around to change it at EOD. You forced my hand, not the other way around.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I did not declare I was going to lock vote on you and just leave. I said I would be around off and on for 6 or 7 hours. I think that it’s important for the thread to know where I am at so town can work together. And yes I do think you are most likely

You say you made a case why boq and you couldn’t be teamed that u ignored, but you also ignored boq’s reasons why we couldn’t be paired.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm And don't you dare blame me if you are town and we lose, when you initiated the thunderdome on the basis that I could be partnered with anyone, ignored my arguments that I'm not partnered with people, and then decided to lock your vote on me while declaring you won't be around to change it at EOD. You forced my hand, not the other way around.
Umm ok
Yea I’ve never blamed someone for a loss
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm And don't you dare blame me if you are town and we lose, when you initiated the thunderdome on the basis that I could be partnered with anyone, ignored my arguments that I'm not partnered with people, and then decided to lock your vote on me while declaring you won't be around to change it at EOD. You forced my hand, not the other way around.
Umm ok
Yea I’ve never blamed someone for a loss
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I don’t even understand how I “initiated a thunderdome”
Gro-oo-ovy
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

The dnd session is over and I have a glass of gin and tonic with me tbh
lets game
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:58 am Boq kind of disappeared now
I literally wrote that i was going to be off.
You didnt write a single post yesterday.

Return to “Previous Hustles”