Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 962
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 2]

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:38 pm lol spec chat

yeahhhhh i'm not doing homework lol. i'll take a look at rondo but i'm not searching down lucy posts about him
I can do the homework for you: lucy is claiming Tommy wouldn't do that stunt with a fellow wolf.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:43 pm

yeahhhhh i'm not doing homework lol. i'll take a look at rondo but i'm not searching down lucy posts about him
I can do the homework for you: lucy is claiming Tommy wouldn't do that stunt with a fellow wolf.
the stunt in question being?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:45 pm

Oh right you haven't read

Asking 'who is rondo' or something early on while rondo was active in the thread. Rondo immediately didn't like this as well.

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:45 pm

Oh right you haven't read

Asking 'who is rondo' or something early on while rondo was active in the thread. Rondo immediately didn't like this as well.
i've read some just skimmed a lot atp

that read does nothing for me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Got it. Moving along... I felt enders interaction with me yesterday from very solvey and genuine early day 1 and that is why they are on my town list. Can you look through how they treated and interacted with me to tell me if you think this is ai or not?

it's within his range, i mildly tr his tone but almost always refuse to tr him early to midgame without pelts
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Okay, that seems fair. Good player who can fake solving if needed, got it

What do you think of my belief that Tommy wouldn't have sandbagged so badly if he was playing with someone he knows as wolf? I used this line of thought to clear lucy.

i don't put much stock into it, hard to say confidently without knowing him. Might be true, could also be that he just hated the game regardless, iirc there were some lucy posts that could be interpreted as frustration with a partner not living up to her expectations if you wanted to see them that way

so

idk maybe but i don't know him enough to say with any confidence which take is correct or if that would have an impact
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Conservative but reasonable.

Vivax you already changed to town, I am me, and porscha is a 'trust me bro' read that comes from my own experiences so nothing for you to comment on which leaves Flanders.

I thought the way they entered the thread felt reckless and more full of life than someone who just lost a partner would enter it. Their specific problems and omgusing ender exactly as they did felt unmotivated and picking a fight in a way that I can't see a scum who is behind the eyeball doing with such gusto day 2.

im generally wary of "mafia would be demotivated here" reads
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I can understand that, but Flanders came off as really extra and more than that such recklessness feels beyond foolish given the game state. But I appreciate wariness.

Of your town reads I technically disagree on wilgy but only because I want more. I have no issue seeing the town there so that's OK. Dizzy I feel is going to be a fight best saved for later so let's talk axe. I must conclude this is some larger meta read I am not privy to because for all of your conservatism about who you declare town from your poe axe hasn't moved any needles for me.

Can you flesh out that read?

axe is a trust me bro read, weve played a good deal and ive seen him talk mafia quite a bit.

it's perhaps not as strong a read as i let on at times, but i find it useful to direct peoples attention away from him cause he can kinda end up being a default push pretty often given his utter disregard for being townread

i do think he probably wouldn't bus in that specific way d1, but d1 was also cut short so it's not a lock read
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:00 pm im generally wary of "mafia would be demotivated here" reads
I was motivated to have a good attitude on the Internet, then I read the Aljazeera headlines of the day.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I can accept trust me bro reads easily enough, I have one myself after all and it isn't as if I have a reason to suspect as w/w you would shield him using that tactic so I can accept that.

One last thing. Earlier you mentioned you were taking into account differences because I am new here. If you removed that filter and thought of me without taking that into account what would be your thoughts on my game thus far?
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:07 pm axe is a trust me bro read, weve played a good deal and ive seen him talk mafia quite a bit.

it's perhaps not as strong a read as i let on at times, but i find it useful to direct peoples attention away from him cause he can kinda end up being a default push pretty often given his utter disregard for being townread
What can I say, not getting killed is the optimal strategy, being townread is a bad objective in a game like mafia.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:09 pm I can accept trust me bro reads easily enough, I have one myself after all and it isn't as if I have a reason to suspect as w/w you would shield him using that tactic so I can accept that.

One last thing. Earlier you mentioned you were taking into account differences because I am new here. If you removed that filter and thought of me without taking that into account what would be your thoughts on my game thus far?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:18 pm Your reads being largely unaligned with mine suggests you're either more likely to be mafia or my reads are bad--if my townreads start flipping red I'll probably slot you into a towncore spot, at least aorn, but as it stands it's somewhat difficult to townread you while i think a lot of your reads are meh

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:10 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:07 pm axe is a trust me bro read, weve played a good deal and ive seen him talk mafia quite a bit.

What can I say, not getting killed is the optimal strategy, being townread is a bad objective in a game like mafia.
you know i have no complaint with it
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:13 pm
Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:09 pm I can accept trust me bro reads easily enough, I have one myself after all and it isn't as if I have a reason to suspect as w/w you would shield him using that tactic so I can accept that.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:18 pm Your reads being largely unaligned with mine suggests you're either more likely to be mafia or my reads are bad--if my townreads start flipping red I'll probably slot you into a towncore spot, at least aorn, but as it stands it's somewhat difficult to townread you while i think a lot of your reads are meh
Also, let's not forget the Tommy flip. I know that somebody already claimed credit, but I think the credit actually lies more on the people who are willing to blindly sheep for no good reason at all.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Funny thing, I didn't actually read a single Tommy post, but I was willing to yeet him to the moon...
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Hmm.

I suppose based off those answers my current solve is dizzy/nanook but not really feeling it on the nanook part. Dizzy is the only person who has openly given me multiple threads of bad vibes though so that's a big difference. For nanook I will give benefit if town that axe trust me bro is fine. Dizzy/wilgy should also be pretty easy. Of course it is also super easy I just mistowned someone as well I just haven't re evaluated that fully yet.

Dizzy does kind of stand alone in the bad vibes camp though.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

You're doing a good job at it currently
There's honesty in your posts

have you seen dizzy play before?

Vivax wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:19 pm

this is one of the funniest things ive ever read in a mafia game
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:20 pm have you seen dizzy play before?
Yeah we played in anni and I am sure our paths have crossed before although my memory is fuzzy.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:20 pm
Vivax wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:19 pm

this is one of the funniest things ive ever read in a mafia game
:noble:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats

i am perhaps willing to give your dizzy read some weight
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:24 pm i am perhaps willing to give your dizzy read some weight
What made you reconsider?

you've seen them play before

and absence makes the heart grow more poe
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Speaking of wilgy, any day now.

they also have a shadow vote on wilgy
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Dizzy's votes have been more or less an exercise in predatory behavior lol
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

I will accept I can be wrong and vote Dyslexicon with you if you so decide, and because I already thought it's a decent wagon when I just looked at the votecount.
Placing my vote there.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:23 am I neither can or want to read the thread right now, but switching to Wilgy
they did call it just not with tags

why you make my life hard diz :p
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:49 pm Got it. Moving along... I felt enders interaction with me yesterday from very solvey and genuine early day 1 and that is why they are on my town list. Can you look through how they treated and interacted with me to tell me if you think this is ai or not?
I've recently come to the conclusion that everything you've said about Ender should actually point to wolf!Ender not town!Ender so I'll go take a look at them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Flanders about to be super happy if true tbh
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

I call dibs on having this year's post number in the game.
In other words, it could be the post of the year.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:36 pm
Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:49 pm Got it. Moving along... I felt enders interaction with me yesterday from very solvey and genuine early day 1 and that is why they are on my town list. Can you look through how they treated and interacted with me to tell me if you think this is ai or not?
I've recently come to the conclusion that everything you've said about Ender should actually point to wolf!Ender not town!Ender so I'll go take a look at them.
ISO didn't move me as much as I'd like on Ender, but I'mma go ahead and say Mac pointing out that Ender is a little sus for not being sus did hit in the right spot as like that's exactly what I was looking for.

Ender does get a bit more... uhh... difficult? in a few posts after this, which could be reactionary. Nothing to write home about though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 1]

Post by Vivax »

Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:59 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:56 am
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 am Hm, wait.

Mac played with me in Anni where I was more shit posting like I am now and less my usual 'rawr I am a dinosaur' method.

Mac I am concerned.
I was also in Anni.

I don't think I read your posts at all but that's not surprising to me at all. I read very few people's posts that game.
How could you, my Magikarp posts were beautiful.

Also I poked Mac about it because we were unofficial mason buddies there.
Signature #666 post goes to Achromatic 'The Mark', almost unsurprisingly.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 655
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

So what have I missed
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:53 pm So what have I missed
Nanook and I had a healthy dialogue and decided we can be friends for now.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:53 pm
Nanook and I had a healthy dialogue and decided we can be friends for now.
Now both of you kiss
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Been about 18 years since I wrote fanfiction but I guess I can try for sabi...
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

You have #111 , Tommy #777
Didn't check for other triplets yet
But sometimes a fun thing to do when looking for tingles
Why are you a mark while I'm a 'stool pigeon' smh
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:56 pm Been about 18 years since I wrote fanfiction but I guess I can try for sabi...
One way to be added to my town harem
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:26 pm
Vivax wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:25 pm Kinda random occurrence, but being more polarized in mafia games often has a meaning beyond the game relevant one.
I'll leave it open to interpretation. But it's an interesting thought to explore.

I don't think this is game relevant but I am curious what you mean
Missed this before

I believe polarized players are more passionate and chaotic at games in general
Being unpolarized means a higher degree of rational thought prevailing in play

Able to trigger enjoyment (even just to oneself) vs. able to play as efficiently as possible

If one had a choice on what type to be, which one would you prefer?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Vivax wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:12 pm
Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:26 pm
Vivax wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:25 pm Kinda random occurrence, but being more polarized in mafia games often has a meaning beyond the game relevant one.
I'll leave it open to interpretation. But it's an interesting thought to explore.

I don't think this is game relevant but I am curious what you mean
Missed this before

I believe polarized players are more passionate and chaotic at games in general
Being unpolarized means a higher degree of rational thought prevailing in play

Able to trigger enjoyment (even just to oneself) vs. able to play as efficiently as possible

If one had a choice on what type to be, which one would you prefer?
I find joy in doing my best and giving my best effort. I think for mafia rational thought to most degrees should prevail. Controlled chaos I feel is important to unsettling scum as town though, but needless chaos only confuses.

best i can do is a sexually charged fist bump
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:18 pm best i can do is a sexually charged fist bump
Oh yeah give it to me
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Can I watch

Return to “Previous Heists”