[Non-player option]
70%

Total votes: 10
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 366

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 4]

Post by Dyslexicon »

If I just take what I have right now, I think my PoE is Vul/Nook/Lucy, well aware that two of these are town
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 2]

Post by Vivax »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 am
Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:55 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:51 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:39 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:08 pm With the disclaimer that I haven't read 99% of posts in the thread, this is my list of optimal chops in no particular order (anyone off the list isn't viable for today):

Enderwiggin
Porscha
Achromatic
Vivax
DrWilgy

Each have pros and cons, and variable amounts of information potential.
Nook was also not on Axe's radar. And I don't think Nook kills Axe unless he's worried about Axe specifically. I don't really know how worried or not Nook would be as mafia, but Axe didn't focus on Nook
If I look at this list and who took a stance between Ender/Porscha, Wilgy and Vivax are the only one remaining

@Vivax What are your thoughts on bus drivers?
Generally? You said it's not your meta to bus, I'll have to take you at your word for it and no one has challenged that.
Hot pick for busser would probably be Nook. But it's Nook and I have no clue. Lucy later implied a bus saying something like Tommy gave her PTSD which was quoted somewhere along these pages.

For me, the PoE remains Nook/Lucy
Then there's doctor reads on Nook so I'd go lucy here for looking like she was shielding Tommy at points.

It seemed like the moment I SRed Tommy and made a busser read on Nanook, Lucy and Sabi jumped at me to talk me out of it for newbie-slack, one of them could have been mafia seeking for help to not look alone with a bad read. They got it, but at some point there has to be a reckoning. And Sabi flipped. Alas.
I was more so wondering about your thoughts on bussing in your own play. I just asked indirectly, because Vivex vibes
Hard to say, I use it as last resort and usually look bad from it. Being confidently wrong as town has its perks if I carry them over to scumplay which I struggle with.
I guess the trouble stems from making a plausible scumread for bad reasons since it's not supposed to go off, then retract it without looking like it was full of crap. The alternative is pretending the teammates don't exist and get caught off it.
Too much theorycrafting for me atm, one could probably fill a book with the game theory required for the game.

I'd say I could have bussed Tommy from the way I went about it. But I don't push every single player at some point when I'm mafia, usually. And activity is much lower. I do much less crazy stuff etc.
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 588
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:55 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:51 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:39 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:08 pm With the disclaimer that I haven't read 99% of posts in the thread, this is my list of optimal chops in no particular order (anyone off the list isn't viable for today):

Enderwiggin
Porscha
Achromatic
Vivax
DrWilgy

Each have pros and cons, and variable amounts of information potential.
Nook was also not on Axe's radar. And I don't think Nook kills Axe unless he's worried about Axe specifically. I don't really know how worried or not Nook would be as mafia, but Axe didn't focus on Nook
If I look at this list and who took a stance between Ender/Porscha, Wilgy and Vivax are the only one remaining

@Vivax What are your thoughts on bus drivers?
Generally? You said it's not your meta to bus, I'll have to take you at your word for it and no one has challenged that.
Hot pick for busser would probably be Nook. But it's Nook and I have no clue. Lucy later implied a bus saying something like Tommy gave her PTSD which was quoted somewhere along these pages.

For me, the PoE remains Nook/Lucy
Then there's doctor reads on Nook so I'd go lucy here for looking like she was shielding Tommy at points.

It seemed like the moment I SRed Tommy and made a busser read on Nanook, Lucy and Sabi jumped at me to talk me out of it for newbie-slack, one of them could have been mafia seeking for help to not look alone with a bad read. They got it, but at some point there has to be a reckoning. And Sabi flipped. Alas.
too bad I am the doctor
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

I can believe it, doesn't mean I have to favour a lim on Nanook first.
Need to wait for everyone else to chime in anyway.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:34 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:33 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:21 pm @MacDougall who do u think is doc
Rondo hasn't been counterclaimed so I have no reason to suspect it's anyone other than him because at this point he is literally the wolf or the doctor, so the doctor is throwing by not counterclaiming him. I have no idea why Dyslexicon is convinced that he isn't the doc when the real doc (if it were Nanook) would simply have counterclaimed and killed him right now. The doctor hiding at this point is strictly dumb if so.

I guess the mafia just thought they were being duped by Rondo and shot Sabi because of that, which is just really bad play cuz Sabi strictly dropped her claim in a situation where if she was real doc, she never would have cuz we forced Rondo to HC never rescind by punishment of death, so a doc Sabi there would have had a veritable red on him. Ergo the wolf is dumb or not really paying attention (somehow).

Anyway if the real doc does now counterclaim Rondo, I am going to preface this by saying real doc u dumb.

My POE right now is Lucy and Lucy.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:15 pm Nice

Mac lock town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:12 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 pm Nanook trying would he neat too
I did my job
I thought Nook was doc from these posts here, and I just slotted him as town after that. It looks like from his reaction here that he isn't though, but I really wish he'd just say it out right cause it's just annoying and anti-town at this point. I thought both Sabi and Rondo was kind of meme and fake tbh, and that Nook would probably try to go utr so was fine with some cover, however good or bad, especially since he's had a PoE of me and Vul. No reason to counter if you think the people faking are town anyway. I thought it was kind of like the situation in the champs final, where we couldn't chop Dya because Arete was faking a green, but I knew Arete was faking and thought Dya was mafia, but instead we had to chop Monkey. It was super dumb. Except Dya wasn't mafia anyway so lol
What if that first post is TMI?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Like, the only compelling reason I've seen to townread Nook is the Axe kill, which does seem weird coming from Nook. But lke... sometimes weird things happen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:32 amWhat if that first post is TMI?
If he's mafia, it probably is. I don't think assuming Mac N1 kill is particularly meaningful in itself though
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

From my admittedly brief experience with Vivax, he vibes much closer to town than mafia here for what it's worth
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:33 am Like, the only compelling reason I've seen to townread Nook is the Axe kill, which does seem weird coming from Nook. But lke... sometimes weird things happen.
One time I found a letter written in code on my balcony. I don't know how it got there and I still haven't cracked the code. I should give it another go tbh
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:35 am
If he's mafia, it probably is. I don't think assuming Mac N1 kill is particularly meaningful in itself though
Mac WAS the N1 kill
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:39 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:33 am Like, the only compelling reason I've seen to townread Nook is the Axe kill, which does seem weird coming from Nook. But lke... sometimes weird things happen.
One time I found a letter written in code on my balcony. I don't know how it got there and I still haven't cracked the code. I should give it another go tbh
That sounds interesting.

One time I housed a French fugitive or something in the house for a night. Left me two Euros and a lot of thanks in a letter that made me realize what he was.
No, nothing spicy.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:43 am
Mac WAS the N1 kill
If Ender wasnt shielding you I would slam you for trying to cast doubt on that
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Mac WAS the N1 kill
I didn't cast doubt on that lol. You are constantly misunderstanding me and missing the point. Calm down, Rondor
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Yeah, I agree. I didn't mean that post to be damning for Nook, just showing it is wolf-compatible.

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:43 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:39 am
That sounds interesting.

One time I housed a French fugitive or something in the house for a night. Left me two Euros and a lot of thanks in a letter that made me realize what he was.
No, nothing spicy.
Aw. It's like Les Mis, except less singing. I presume
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Mac WAS the N1 kill
I don't think Dizzy's post does what you're accusing Dizzy of here.

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:47 am
Mac WAS the N1 kill
I didn't cast doubt on that lol. You are constantly misunderstanding me and missing the point. Calm down, Rondor
Im not trying to. Its why I listen to Ender about you because we just dont click
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 837

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:48 am If Ender/Porscha are w/w, then why does this happen?
Porscha wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:31 pm God I really dont know if ender is a hit I'm a trash can at reading them the couple times we have played but they seemed to be consistent in the dizzy read and felt confident earlier is this also doable in ender's wolf range?
Porscha wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:31 pm If you think achro is town
and you don't have a good place to be voting
and you aren't sure Ender is town

you should be voting Ender imo
*sucks teeth* aaaaah fuck man

I dont think I'll be able to be around for eod cuz I gotta drive shortly

I'll just stick it on ender and hope for the best
These are the posts when Porscha pivots to Ender as a counter wagon to self pres. She sort of makes up a reason to do it and *sucks teeth* lol. I don't think this is her piling onto a teammate. On Ender's side, he doesn't even self pres onto Porscha, even thought she is quite far down his list. If the plan was for Porscha to vote a teammate, why not vote back to seal the distancing? Instead Ender is kind of doing his own thing
I literally demanded she do it. If she didn't she died. Plus distancing cred.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:36 am 1. Achro's legacy
2. Hasn't done much to help solve the game aside from calling himself lock town with no basis during early day 2 and making a locktown read on Mac that's trivial to make, feels like he just did that to better his positioning
3. Has virtually no wolf spew in his favor that I've been able to find so far
I still don't think he'd kill NotAnAxehole.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:22 am One thing I don't like about Nook, and without trying to make this into and omgus fest, is how he's been having me in his PoE. It seems like a random pick, because he argued for it not being Ender because Ender doesn't kill Axe, but apparently I do?
this appeals tho... Nanook should have you as clear imo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

correct, it is the only real reason, and because of that he won't be winning this game

but it's a more clearing thing for me than anything I can say for Ender or Lucy personally.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Just finished watching Everything, everywhere all at once. I am going to ignore the critics on this one. What a feel good and hilarious movie. Would recommend. [VOTE: Ender ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lol let's make a shield matrix.

Rondo clearing Mac shielding Nanook shielding Wilgy
Ender shielding Dizzy who is shielding nobody
Vulgard is shielding tons of people but/and is obvious town
Lucy was being shielded by achro who is dead town...
Seanzie is ... not being discussed really but seems town ... let's change that and talk about why Seanzie is town?
Vivax is pretty much polarised and he's town here

Dizzy is probably never a wolf. Wilgy is never a wolf. Rondo never. Mac never. If I trust Achro well...

Nook/Ender.

And for me, Ender is significantly more likely the hit but that's just me.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 1]

Post by Vivax »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:18 pm TRing Rondo, Sean and Mac. Rondo sounds identical to the last two games I've played here. I scum read him both games and he ended up flipped town (reanimation excluded).
Sean more toothy and hostile than last game where he was wolf. He seemed light and kinda floated through the thread as wolf, very different tone this game.
Mac could be anything I suppose, but he's putting in the work and it's not feeling forced to this point. His reaction to me piling on was classic too, enjoyable really. His read on me is wrong, but that's the way she goes.

Can't remember if it was Vivax or Wiggin who tried to tie me to Axehole because I made sure joke about us being Canadian.. They both entered at basically the same time so you'll have to forgive my processing here ( in catchup mode from work).

Lead wagons seem good. Porscha trying to excuse herself from putting in any effort because neither Sean or I had was sketch, and I pointed that out earlier. I'll be the first to say I totally suck at this game, so pinning any sort of excuse as to why she's not playing on me, is pretty weak.

Tommy really seems like LHF, but at the same time their posting yesterday was just not townie at all and the fact the they haven't re-entered does come across frozen.

Can't put my finger on why, gut read I guess, but Dyslexicon pinged yesterday. Lucy still feels scummy as well. Upon reflection she spent her time trying to "look towny" and I felt some post come across as self conscious.
Fairly neutral post save the highlighted parts.
I guess I can postpone the 'trying to yeet lucy' for Vulgard today.

I've just seen townies write this kind of stuff too and I'm naturally paranoid.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Vulgard is just an inno child on play today. If he's mafia I'll eat an iceberg.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:57 am Lol scumread rightly for the wrong reasons.

Thats crap.
Idk I almost want to read a compliment into this. It's about my reasons to vote for Porscha which I described in that way.

[VOTE: Vulgard] aubergine

Of course if you claim a shield on Vulgard I can back off. But...Feh
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

2. Hasn't done much to help solve the game aside from calling himself lock town with no basis during early day 2 and making a locktown read on Mac that's trivial to make, feels like he just did that to better his positioning
Wolf spew for Achro? Don't really get this. He dead.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:06 am
correct, it is the only real reason, and because of that he won't be winning this game

but it's a more clearing thing for me than anything I can say for Ender or Lucy personally.
I have no real feels for Lucy, so at some point I should ISO them.

Am I correct in assuming that yesterday you didn't actually have a slip on them, they just slipped into admitting there is something sus in their ISO and you leaned into it? If so, I'd like to hear from Lucy on exactly what they think is so suspicious about their own play to warrant that reaction.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:09 am Lol let's make a shield matrix.

Seanzie is ... not being discussed really but seems town ... let's change that and talk about why Seanzie is town?

Dizzy is probably never a wolf. Wilgy is never a wolf. Rondo never. Mac never. If I trust Achro well...

Nook/Ender.

Mostly I've been clearing him off his rolecard, but I know that's kind of a weak reason.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:19 am

Am I correct in assuming that yesterday you didn't actually have a slip on them, they just slipped into admitting there is something sus in their ISO and you leaned into it? If so, I'd like to hear from Lucy on exactly what they think is so suspicious about their own play to warrant that reaction.
Nah i do but i still want her to articulate it lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:20 am

Nook/Ender.

Mostly I've been clearing him off his rolecard, but I know that's kind of a weak reason.
I have the impression that you were on teh right side of both chops without me checking is that true?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:17 am
I think Vulgard is talking about Nook there, not Achromatic. Nook has no wolf spew in his favor from Tommy or Porscha.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:15 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:57 am Lol scumread rightly for the wrong reasons.

Thats crap.
Idk I almost want to read a compliment into this. It's about my reasons to vote for Porscha which I described in that way.

[VOTE: Vulgard] aubergine

Of course if you claim a shield on Vulgard I can back off. But...Feh
i aint shielding anybody except nanook who i am not shielding anymore cuz the bar is too high
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:22 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:20 am

Nook/Ender.

I have the impression that you were on teh right side of both chops without me checking is that true?
No, I didn't say a thing about Tommy and Porscha I actually lightly defended.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:21 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:19 am

Nah i do but i still want her to articulate it lol
Okay, well if she doesn't soon, I'mma vote there @lucy

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:23 am
Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:17 am
I think Vulgard is talking about Nook there, not Achromatic. Nook has no wolf spew in his favor from Tommy or Porscha.
Hm. Missed the context. Thanks.
That's kinda expected from the way Nook played, even if town I suppose? I don't know his play well but I'd guess mafia familiar with him would think it impossible to misyeet him.
But that means that Vulgard is trying to do that. So the vote from Nanook only is consequent if town.

Not very informative compared to Flanders imo, still worth a mention.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I am still not happy with the lucy bailing from thread at the time she did @MacDougall tell me to chill again
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

I'm just the bigot who didn't consider a Flanders with a colossal bum for mafia until D3
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

I've read 30 pages of the game and somehow Ender is still null for me after that even though he posted day 1 and early d2 which is enough of a reason for me to have him in bottom PoE and not oppose the wagon on him
ImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:42 am I've read 30 pages of the game and somehow Ender is still null for me after that even though he posted day 1 and early d2 which is enough of a reason for me to have him in bottom PoE and not oppose the wagon on him
Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:39 am I'm just the bigot who didn't consider a Flanders with a colossal bum for mafia until D3
Yeah I was worried at that point that since I didn't think Ender was being particularly towny he could just be wolf. But he does improve and the porcha counter wagon even though Mac says he forced that it I am hesitant to vote him but no sheild for sure
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:42 am I've read 30 pages of the game and somehow Ender is still null for me after that even though he posted day 1 and early d2 which is enough of a reason for me to have him in bottom PoE and not oppose the wagon on him
If it's the main/alt of Arctic I played with on MU he's probs town. There are some similarities.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

If this was referring to Ender then no he and Arctic are two different people
If this was about me then me and Arctic are also different people but funny you should say that as we played a hydra game together (which sucked but that's beside the point)
ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:27 am
If it's the main/alt of Arctic I played with on MU he's probs town. There are some similarities.
Ender is Bladescape (or blade or something like that) on MU, not Arctic. Possibly another alt, but if so Ender's never mentioned that one.

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Still think he's town fwiw
His Rondo and Achro pokes at the beginning would be quite egregious as W
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hmmm.

What if Rondo is mafia after all and there is no doctor to counter-claim him?

Is this a crazy thought? Wasn't Rondo the one tinfoiling the idea of the mafia intentionally roleblocking themselves to spew themselves town or something?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I mean it would require the person who is the actual town PR (or persons) to have not read the matrix or to be convinced that Rondo is just town trying to bait the kill.

I'm not sure anyone would be doing that surely?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:41 am Still think he's town fwiw
His Rondo and Achro pokes at the beginning would be quite egregious as W
can you point them out?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:47 am Hmmm.

Is this a crazy thought? Wasn't Rondo the one tinfoiling the idea of the mafia intentionally roleblocking themselves to spew themselves town or something?
I think Lucy was the one who was tinfoiling that.

Also, there are town PRs in any of the setups, so the only PR that can't cc a doc is a vig, so it would be a huge gamble for scum!Rondo to claim doc as that would only work with probability 25% (assuming that there are 3 mafia goons, otherwise it works with 0%)

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Negative, I was the one calling it stupid (no offence Lucy)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am

I think Lucy was the one who was tinfoiling that.

Also, there are town PRs in any of the setups, so the only PR that can't cc a doc is a vig, so it would be a huge gamble for scum!Rondo to claim doc as that would only work with probability 25% (assuming that there are 3 mafia goons, otherwise it works with 0%)
But what if Lucy is right?

They lose Tommy day 1. Rondo is ... in light terms ... an unusual specimen. What if rather than just coasting to a stomping he tried a gambit as the roleblocker and roleblocked Porscha carrying in order to be able to claim doc? Played the game with the mindset of doc until there were other doc claims. Expected to have to cc battle but has simply walked into the luckiest scenario?

Would it not explain why Sabi died? Because Rondo actually thought she really was the doctor? Who else would have thought that after she retracted?

Return to “Previous Heists”