Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 4]

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:58 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:47 am Hmmm.

What if Rondo is mafia after all and there is no doctor to counter-claim him?

Is this a crazy thought? Wasn't Rondo the one tinfoiling the idea of the mafia intentionally roleblocking themselves to spew themselves town or something?
I think Lucy was the one who was tinfoiling that.

Also, there are town PRs in any of the setups, so the only PR that can't cc a doc is a vig, so it would be a huge gamble for scum!Rondo to claim doc as that would only work with probability 25% (assuming that there are 3 mafia goons, otherwise it works with 0%)
But what if Lucy is right?

They lose Tommy day 1. Rondo is ... in light terms ... an unusual specimen. What if rather than just coasting to a stomping he tried a gambit as the roleblocker and roleblocked Porscha carrying in order to be able to claim doc? Played the game with the mindset of doc until there were other doc claims. Expected to have to cc battle but has simply walked into the luckiest scenario?

Would it not explain why Sabi died? Because Rondo actually thought she really was the doctor? Who else would have thought that after she retracted?
I'm convinced. Let's yeet Rondo into outer space.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 837

Post by MacDougall »

Easy solve. If there is anyone else in the game that is a PR of any persuasion, not just doctor. Except for a vig. Then Rondo is fake. I don't think we have a vig. So we will be in column a probably. Where Rondo is either real or the person with the PR hasn't really been thinking about the matrix (like I did until right now lol).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Come to think of it... Axe is a Rondo kill. Cuz Rondo is scared of him. Cuz he just policy kills Rondo at a certain point unpredictably.

I'm getting fixated lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I hope someone does the thing that needs to be done here.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:04 am I hope someone does the thing that needs to be done here.
Is the "right thing" telling you that you're tinfoiling an extremely low-probability event that even if it is occurring, is almost assuredly self-resolving (Rondo would have to somehow take the town PR to F3 without them claiming at any point in order to win), and can be pretty much resolved just by gathering claims and telling town to stop doing silly FPS if they are doing silly FPS? (btw I'm VT idk if I actually ever claimed before this).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:04 am I hope someone does the thing that needs to be done here.
Is the "thing that needs to be done" telling you that you're tinfoiling an extremely low-probability event that even if it is occurring, is almost assuredly self-resolving (Rondo would have to somehow take the town PR to F3 without them claiming at any point in order to win), and can be pretty much resolved just by gathering claims and telling town to stop doing silly FPS if they are doing silly FPS? (btw I'm VT idk if I actually ever claimed before this).
EBWOP

RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 588
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Is this a crazy thought? Wasn't Rondo the one tinfoiling the idea of the mafia intentionally roleblocking themselves to spew themselves town or something?

Also, there are town PRs in any of the setups, so the only PR that can't cc a doc is a vig, so it would be a huge gamble for scum!Rondo to claim doc as that would only work with probability 25% (assuming that there are 3 mafia goons, otherwise it works with 0%)

They lose Tommy day 1. Rondo is ... in light terms ... an unusual specimen. What if rather than just coasting to a stomping he tried a gambit as the roleblocker and roleblocked Porscha carrying in order to be able to claim doc? Played the game with the mindset of doc until there were other doc claims. Expected to have to cc battle but has simply walked into the luckiest scenario?

Would it not explain why Sabi died? Because Rondo actually thought she really was the doctor? Who else would have thought that after she retracted?
If there is a role blocker you would have at least 2 town roles claimed or flipped at some point. Good thinking though
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:27 am
Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:42 am I've read 30 pages of the game and somehow Ender is still null for me after that even though he posted day 1 and early d2 which is enough of a reason for me to have him in bottom PoE and not oppose the wagon on him
If it's the main/alt of Arctic I played with on MU he's probs town. There are some similarities.
The only account of mine on MU is bladescape (other than hydras)
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:14 am

If there is a role blocker you would have at least 2 town roles claimed or flipped at some point. Good thinking though
Could have just 1 watcher
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

[VOTE: Vulgard] aubergine

I need to reread the game at some point but I've felt shit today.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:16 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:14 am

Could have just 1 watcher
:eye: :eye:

RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 588
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:03 am Come to think of it... Axe is a Rondo kill. Cuz Rondo is scared of him. Cuz he just policy kills Rondo at a certain point unpredictably.

I'm getting fixated lol.
In 0 worlds am I scared of Axe. If I was killing him for that It wouldnt be night 2 when there are plenty of other townier read people even with a doc dodge in mind (though in this world where I am role blocker there is no doc?) so I would just slam kill you or Achro or Lucy. Axe is good player but he doesnt policy me afaik
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:17 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:02 am
Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:07 am Meh I don't think Dizzy as a wolf decides to make bussing both their partners their day 1 agenda when at least Porscha was in a decent spot at the time
Man, almost like I have said this already.
You think Vulg is it or where does the snark come from?
Snark comes from me saying things repeatedly and then Vul coming in like it's new info.

But I guess unwarranted given Vul is literally a sub in and maybe I should curb my snark.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

Wanted to find the posts Rondo asked for then read a bit more of Ender.
I guess I'm back to null on them.

Almost every second player in here is a policy elim to me. Must be the WSOP lobby or something.
But his third vote on Vulgard bugs me a bit. He only has to read the last few pages to find a few quotes I've pulled out.
On the other hand the reckless laziness is often townie.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Vivax wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:23 am Wanted to find the posts Rondo asked for then read a bit more of Ender.
I guess I'm back to null on them.

Almost every second player in here is a policy elim to me. Must be the WSOP lobby or something.
But his third vote on Vulgard bugs me a bit. He only has to read the last few pages to find a few quotes I've pulled out.
On the other hand the reckless laziness is often townie.
Who do you see as policy? Can you give a full breakdown of the player list based on where they are for you?

Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

Not gonna lie the sight of my entire PoE sitting on my wagon is deeply amusing to me but two of these people are town which is unfortunate
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

We are all OMGUSers at heart aren't we
ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

We have a while still, but if it was close to EoD, I'd definitely move to Ender here over Vulgard.

robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:21 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 pm yeah I'm getting off, mad at myself for not seeing
not seeing what?
the cliff I walked off
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:28 pm @lucy I wouldn't say I really have clears. I did say that I did yesterday when I was a bit bullish but I'm less so now and I have also absorbed all of Achro's WIM so.

Yeah I don't really feel comfortable calling anyone strong town right now.
kinky
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:20 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 pm he’d never say that as scum, 100% unintentional clearing
@lucy Do you still believe Rondo wouldn't accuse Dizzy of bussing Tommy on day 1 if he was Tommy's partner and had TMI on Dizzy being town? I assume that's what the post was referring to based on context
no idea, I referred to something else
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:14 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 pm yeah I'm getting off, mad at myself for not seeing
not seeing what?
the cliff I walked off
Describe said cliff in detail, please.

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:21 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:06 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:33 am Like, the only compelling reason I've seen to townread Nook is the Axe kill, which does seem weird coming from Nook. But lke... sometimes weird things happen.
correct, it is the only real reason, and because of that he won't be winning this game

but it's a more clearing thing for me than anything I can say for Ender or Lucy personally.
I have no real feels for Lucy, so at some point I should ISO them.

Am I correct in assuming that yesterday you didn't actually have a slip on them, they just slipped into admitting there is something sus in their ISO and you leaned into it? If so, I'd like to hear from Lucy on exactly what they think is so suspicious about their own play to warrant that reaction.
Nah i do but i still want her to articulate it lol
Okay, well if she doesn't soon, I'mma vote there @lucy
I considered Mac pure town by probability a sweet deduction and ran with the assumption as true with no doubts, that led me to tmi with the worldview I had (because I considered no other worldviews besides the one where Mac got doc saved n1, which is illogical for anyone to doubt imo, but apparently not) and Mac called me doc and nanook thought I was doctor for that tmi. but because I am neither doc or scum it's a very strange perspective for others to have and thus it was a tmi, where logically only scum and doc would hold that perspective with the confidence I had

but it wasn't and I just trust my deductions and will ironically be hanged for a pretty nice deduction, I can't really oppose it either cause this is the truth and the only defense which is unfortunately not good until people understand me better

I'm very cognizant as town and that didn't help either
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:20 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:14 pm
not seeing what?
the cliff I walked off
Describe said cliff in detail, please.
just did
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

yah I can't even find the original slip/sin and cba to
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I haven't slept in 2 days tbh
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I don't feel tired either
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

and no caffeine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I'll get hanged today in every scenario, it's arguably suboptimal play to not hang me today because I'd always have questions and should never be allowed to live in Lylo
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'd honestly go Nook over Ender purely because I have actual reasons to wolfread Nanook and I don't have reasons to wolfread Ender other than "him being a nullread for me after I read a non-insignificant part of the game is concerning" which is fair enough but also less coherent than what I have for Nanook

That said having better reasons for someone being a wolf doesn't necessarily mean they are a wolf so Ender is an okay choice as well
ImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:32 pm I'd honestly go Nook over Ender purely because I have actual reasons to wolfread Nanook and I don't have reasons to wolfread Ender other than "him being a nullread for me after I read a non-insignificant part of the game is concerning" which is fair enough but also less coherent than what I have for Nanook

That said having better reasons for someone being a wolf doesn't necessarily mean they are a wolf so Ender is an okay choice as well
did you read every message in this game?
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I will say that I think Nanook has been trying to position himself while Ender really hasn't from what I've gathered, in fact he hasn't done much of anything really
The not doing much of anything could be a scum indicator itself though I guess
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Meh the more I think about it the more I realize I truly don't care
JI would like the three people voting me at this point (Vivax, Nanook, Ender) to actually explain why they're voting me other than OMGUS for being put in my PoE because I feel like you should all have better suspects
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:33 pm
Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:32 pm I'd honestly go Nook over Ender purely because I have actual reasons to wolfread Nanook and I don't have reasons to wolfread Ender other than "him being a nullread for me after I read a non-insignificant part of the game is concerning" which is fair enough but also less coherent than what I have for Nanook

I read 30 pages which included all of day 1 and early day 2
It's not exactly ideal but considering the fact I replaced in day 3 without having read anything prior I'd say I'm doing enough
ImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:41 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:33 pm

I read 30 pages which included all of day 1 and early day 2
It's not exactly ideal but considering the fact I replaced in day 3 without having read anything prior I'd say I'm doing enough
I was about to call you the perfect sub, now you're just a fun sub
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

and you didn't even get to the best sexting imo
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Vulgard wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:36 pm Meh the more I think about it the more I realize I truly don't care
JI would like the three people voting me at this point (Vivax, Nanook, Ender) to actually explain why they're voting me other than OMGUS for being put in my PoE because I feel like you should all have better suspects
I've had your slot as poe since before you were in the game, lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

My poe is currently vulgard, Lucy, [figure it out if necessary]

I haven't stated as such but im actually removing dizzy from my poe, I think their doc read on me made sense and was probably real
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

ya I have 0 solving wim

Also the NKs high key clear me lol, no way solo mafia nanook kills vt axe and vt Sabi
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:24 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:33 am Like, the only compelling reason I've seen to townread Nook is the Axe kill, which does seem weird coming from Nook. But lke... sometimes weird things happen.
correct, it is the only real reason, and because of that he won't be winning this game

but it's a more clearing thing for me than anything I can say for Ender or Lucy personally.

Am I correct in assuming that yesterday you didn't actually have a slip on them, they just slipped into admitting there is something sus in their ISO and you leaned into it? If so, I'd like to hear from Lucy on exactly what they think is so suspicious about their own play to warrant that reaction.
I considered Mac pure town by probability a sweet deduction and ran with the assumption as true with no doubts, that led me to tmi with the worldview I had (because I considered no other worldviews besides the one where Mac got doc saved n1, which is illogical for anyone to doubt imo, but apparently not) and Mac called me doc and nanook thought I was doctor for that tmi. but because I am neither doc or scum it's a very strange perspective for others to have and thus it was a tmi, where logically only scum and doc would hold that perspective with the confidence I had

but it wasn't and I just trust my deductions and will ironically be hanged for a pretty nice deduction, I can't really oppose it either cause this is the truth and the only defense which is unfortunately not good until people understand me better

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME do you buy it? if not, why?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:49 pm Also the NKs high key clear me lol, no way solo mafia nanook kills vt axe and vt Sabi
same, I kill real doc in every scenario imo

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:48 pm ya I have 0 solving wim
Tbf I've made and seen things that looked like they had to be slips but came from town fairly often

I just...don't have much reason to not poe you without you being the doc lol

Honestly i should have just shoved the doc claim on you yesterday, to get you NKed or cleared, wasn't sure whether to in the moment or not cause I thought there was a good chance you actually were the doc, but in hindsight it was a misplay I think

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:50 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:49 pm Also the NKs high key clear me lol, no way solo mafia nanook kills vt axe and vt Sabi
same, I kill real doc in every scenario imo
Idk if I would've gotten to rondo or not, but I definitely wouldn't have killed those two lol

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:49 pm

I buy it's possible

Its just really hard to take you out of the poe, but obviously you're not my preferred kill either
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:51 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:48 pm ya I have 0 solving wim
Tbf I've made and seen things that looked like they had to be slips but came from town fairly often

I just...don't have much reason to not poe you without you being the doc lol

Honestly i should have just shoved the doc claim on you yesterday, to get you NKed or cleared, wasn't sure whether to in the moment or not cause I thought there was a good chance you actually were the doc, but in hindsight it was a misplay I think
no, it's my fault for putting myself in this situation without realizing what was happening, not yours
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:53 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:49 pm

I buy it's possible

Its just really hard to take you out of the poe, but obviously you're not my preferred kill either
tbh I reread this thread and might not get lynched, Mac is the judge jury and executioner for me at the moment, since if he doesn't push me I 100% live

this is where I spent a minute or two thinking of a game solving question but nothing came to me, so basically ask me stuff lol
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

wait I have a read on seanzie
robyn
screaming