Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 11

Post by zeek »

Haven't had much time today and I've just got home, so I'll catch up later.

Not sure what to make of Elo dying, doesn't strike me as an obvious choice, but maybe the Cybers felt they were safe from suspicion and just killed off a quiet player. Dunno. MM was obvious I suppose.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

No idea if SVS is recruited, but she pretty clearly is a role MP knows and she has hinted herself, so I don't get this new idea about her.

DF - :haha: oh man I love your posts right now. Well played sir, well played. I am putting you in my, likely civ category, but the devil is in the details, so we will see. :noble:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Hedgeowl wrote:No idea if SVS is recruited, but she pretty clearly is a role MP knows and she has hinted herself, so I don't get this new idea about her.

DF - :haha: oh man I love your posts right now. Well played sir, well played. I am putting you in my, likely civ category, but the devil is in the details, so we will see. :noble:
I'm glad you appreciate it. Serving humans is my sole purpose. :noble:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:No one else thought that?
That is exactly the answer that I almost posted as "It's probably this" but then I held off to see what you'd say.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:Chris, the most interesting bit of that SVS business is that she knew Mickeys secrets before they were public. Very strange indeed
I did? Can you refresh me? And what "SVS Business" are you speaking of?

I did not know any secrets, and my role doesn't have any. So not sure what you mean.

Linki, no I didn't , you are grasping at anything that will make mebsd and you are just flat wrong. I think my original wording was clear enough, if awkward.
I simply wanted to know the answer to a question and I feel like you got quite upset about that.
I know you aren't the recruiter, but just because almighty MP has exonerated you from any gaze by anyone doesn't mean you haven't been recruited.

In fact, this game is getting quite annoying in the sense that there is an elite group that has decided that they are above scrutiny because their roles have been outed or they have been vouched for by people whose roles are outed.
I'm sorry, but that's bullshit in a game with a recruiter. I won't play by those rules. I will not be vilified simply because I don't know who's been recruited.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Chris, GIVE IT UP.

She's not the recruiter.
I personally do not think so either.. how do you know she hasn't been recruited?
S~V~S wrote:Thanks Juliets.

The public part of Mickeys role says if he is targeted a coin will be flipped. What else would that mean other than pretty much the same thing as Sarah Jane?

That part isn't a secret, and I think it is really obvious.
I can see your train of thought... but I can also see possibilities where this is not true.

If heads, the person targeting Mickey starts with 1 vote the next day
If tails, nothing happens.

Etc.

I'm not overly suspicious of you, SVS, I'm just annoyed that it seems that when it comes to you and the rest of the cult of MP, there must be unquestioning obedience-- despite there being a recruiter in the game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Hey keys! Thanks. That post you made about me defending bass is a post i would have made last night if it hadn't been so late and I'd not been so damned tired. And that is my problem with this game. The polls have been ending at four thirty in the morning and that just screws me. I've had to defend myself when tired and with an eye on the clock. I'll be glad when this game is over (great game though hosts)
I've got a crappy keyboard that sticks. i post late at night in bed in poor light and get frustrated. You can see this in some of my responses. But stop defending me. I appreciate it but I did less with bass and I am suspect number 1.

About the hedgeowl thing MP. You don't want me to explain further? You feel it is pointless as you have made up your mind.
That post I made....I literally did not know that bass was the Cyber Controller? That post was the truth.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom you are correct. I have been saying. You cannot trust anyone.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

I don't know what to say to that Dom. I have the role I have, MP had the role he had, and I guess he checked me early. Chris has been coming at me from every direction, and it is frustrating, tbh. I am not recruited and I am not the recruiter and I said so at every opportunity while the person I believe to be the LD was alive, and since then as well.

If someone is targeted with a night power what would that have to do with votes? It seemed obvious to me :shrug:

I am sorry you are frustrated and annoyed, but that is neither my fault nor does it mean I am bad. I am not bad,; i am a civvie.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No one else thought that?
That is exactly the answer that I almost posted as "It's probably this" but then I held off to see what you'd say.
SVS I also thought your answer was what you had been looking at because I formed the same opinion off of the same information. The request though was that you answer it so I didn't want to jump in there saying "here's what I think", I think similarly to LC.

DF, I googled one of the things that I thought might be a hint and bingo I see what you are saying now (I am not a whovian so I didnt know without googling). So anyway, that knocks you down a notch off of my suspicion list. Now I have to determine who is most likely to be bad out of the ones left. Not an easy task.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

1. Dom, that annoyed tone that you're sensing from SVS is the exact same tone that I got when she was The Creeping Death in Recruitment. Also, thank you to you and LC for now just blowing the question off as if it's of no importance. This isn't the only thing that has me suspecting that SVS is the recruiter. And Dom, like you, I don't feel that just because Dr. MP says she's good, that I should just ignore the question. The fact that MP took this attitude towards the question, among a few other questionable actions, is what has me continuing to suspect that MP is recruited.

S~V~S wrote:Thanks Juliets.

The public part of Mickeys role says if he is targeted a coin will be flipped. What else would that mean other than pretty much the same thing as Sarah Jane?

That part isn't a secret, and I think it is really obvious.
So SVS, you read this:
Mickey Smith: Rose's on/off boyfriend in the series. A bit of a goof and a clown, he ends up losing Rose for a significant period and struggles with coping with the dangers involved with her newfound friend. He grows and matures however and ends up proving himself later on. If he is targeted by a night action, a coin is flipped. *Secrets*
and figured "What else would that mean other than pretty much the same thing as Sarah Jane?"

Why would there be a replica of Sarah Jane? And Sarah Jane's role deals specifically with avoiding NKs. Mickey's says nothing about NKs. You just made that leap, that it protects him from death?

Well then, why didn't you say anything about Rory when you were saying who could have survived?
Rory Williams: The other main companion for Series 5, 6, and Part 1 of Series 7. Is initially insecure with The Doctor, because he thinks Amy loves him more than Rory. Gets over his insecurities when he realizes she doesn't, proves himself a hero many times over, and ends up marrying Amy. Given how strong his love is for Amy, he was willing to wait and guard her for almost 2000 years for her to wake up. *Secrets*
Now THAT role, without the secrets, sounds like a role that would protect an NK.

No, I'm not buying your answer.

Hopefully other's see what I see.

But there ya go. You answered. Was that so hard?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sarah Jane's role says "targeted by aliens', not specifically NKs Chris.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I know what that role says ;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And your question isn't important Chris. It is just another example of you trying to twist facts to your theory.

And as Creeping Death I was frustrated over Epi, not you. You can ask him, we discussed it in the mod forum once. What frustrated me there was his point about not taking long enough for dinner, so I had to be lying. And that would have frustrated me good or bad. Anyone who played the lightning game last night saw me as a VERY frustrated civ.

Like I said, you want me to be bad and are twisting things to make them for your theory.

I am an in recruited civ, you can take that to the bank.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Fucking autocorrect, I am an unrecruited civ.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I never said the question wasn't important. I said I wanted to hear the answer and that others should stop trying to silence it. Why you say this about me?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

S~V~S wrote:Sarah Jane's role says "targeted by aliens', not specifically NKs Chris.
S~V~S wrote:I know what that role says ;)
Sarah Jane Smith: A companion with the Third and Fourth incarnations of The Doctor. Often considered to be one of the favorite, if not all-time favorite, companions from fans. She makes a cameo appearance an an episode during the Tenth Doctor's tenure along with K-9. Given her responsibilities to defend Earth from extraterrestrial invasion and her skills as an investigative journalist, if she is targeted by a hostile alien life form, there is a 50% chance that nothing will happen.
Mickey Smith: Rose's on/off boyfriend in the series. A bit of a goof and a clown, he ends up losing Rose for a significant period and struggles with coping with the dangers involved with her new found friend. He grows and matures however and ends up proving himself later on. If he is targeted by a night action, a coin is flipped.
Rory Williams: The other main companion for Series 5, 6, and Part 1 of Series 7. Is initially insecure with The Doctor, because he thinks Amy loves him more than Rory. Gets over his insecurities when he realizes she doesn't, proves himself a hero many times over, and ends up marrying Amy. Given how strong his love is for Amy, he was willing to wait and guard her for almost 2000 years for her to wake up.

I dunno... I still find it hard to see how you made the leap for one, but not the other. But whatever... I suppose it'll have to do.

If Donna Noble is still alive, please check MR.

LINKI: I disagree. :shrug:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Long Con wrote:I never said the question wasn't important. I said I wanted to hear the answer and that others should stop trying to silence it. Why you say this about me?

LOL! Shit... "not" .. not "now".

Sorry.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Fuck.. Dom is going to fucking flip when he read's that....
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Chris wrote:
Long Con wrote:I never said the question wasn't important. I said I wanted to hear the answer and that others should stop trying to silence it. Why you say this about me?

LOL! Shit... "not" .. not "now".

Sorry.
Ha! I see, that was funny. :haha: You're welcome. Yeah, Dom will. Better put out a big sign for him or something.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

SVS:I have her pegged as a civ role but obviously, like anyone, she could still be recruited. However, I don't understand why this Mickey thing is a big deal. Even if she did know, what does that prove exactly? Snow Dog 1.0 was not recruited. Unless she's been dropping bogus hints and she's a Cyber (i.e. on team with rolechecker). I don't see what the link is supposed to be with her possibly being the recruiter. Nobody has called her on her hints, maybe not many have noticed, but like Chris' hints this makes me think she is who she is.

DFaraday: I couldn't find the hint from yesterday or whenever, but I got the one from today. Most fans of the show will have. It's a convenient time to drop a hint, AFTER you're suspected, but that doesn't mean I don't believe it. I'd like to hear your thoughts on others.

Blooper: She is very quiet and possibly isn't very interested, though I look forward to her keeping up from now on. She is hard to read because she's been so quiet, and that kind of makes it hard not to suspect she may be being quiet for a reason. That's just the way it is, quiet people will come under suspicion for that reason.

Snow Dog: keys defence of you being caught in a tight spot may be correct but you must admit that aligning yourself so closely to Bass does not look good at all. Can you explain why you'd do this if you didn't know his role or at least have had him pegged him for a good role? I want to believe you because you seem so frustrated sometimes it makes me believe you but my brain is telling me you must be connected with Bass.

Recruits: I can see Dom's point, but I still don't think MP can be recruited. Just doesn't seem fair that he could be to me. It's just a fact that I'm more likely to trust those I am fairly certain have specific roles. My reasoning is that while some may be recruits, I am at least certain they have civ roles. This buys me more trust than somebody whose role is a mystery to me.

That's all I have for now. I'm uncertain how I'm voting today but it won't be for SVS. Chris, I respect your detective skills, I just feel you've missed a clue. That clue casts doubt on your paradigm of SVS' recruitment team.

Linki x 7 or whatever - Guess the clue is apparent.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Zeek. I only mentioned bass, to my recollection, at lynch times. I was showing my thought processes and why i wasn't going to vote for him. That is all. Even though he's turned up cyber I still think the case on him at the time was pretty feeble.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

And I talked about bass when people asked me about him.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Chris wrote:1. Dom, that annoyed tone that you're sensing from SVS is the exact same tone that I got when she was The Creeping Death in Recruitment. Also, thank you to you and LC for now just blowing the question off as if it's of no importance. This isn't the only thing that has me suspecting that SVS is the recruiter. And Dom, like you, I don't feel that just because Dr. MP says she's good, that I should just ignore the question. The fact that MP took this attitude towards the question, among a few other questionable actions, is what has me continuing to suspect that MP is recruited.
I will concur that SVS was not frustrated with you in that game. She was frustrated with Epig-- I had BTSC with her and remember it quite well.
Chris wrote:Fuck.. Dom is going to fucking flip when he read's that....
I don't even know what you're talking about.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Did I defend sabie too? I don't even remember tbh
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Yeah... reading back... I'm having a harder time continuing to think that SVS is the recruiter. I really felt that I saw a difference in MP after night 7, and had SVS pegged fro the recruiter. But something that MP said on day 6, that I just read now, fucks it all up.

If SVS is the recruiter, she's playing the BEST recruiter game ever. Because in order for this to line up now... it just can't be. I'm not saying that she's not bad... but she's probably not. I just had a hard time buying that she was Sarah Jane. I ignored apparent clues.

And that means that I have to call into question everything I thought about the "Three Amigos" since it was mainly based on SVS being the recruiter.

PLEASE don't allow this to fog the stuff I was right about... I still think DF is The Master. As a matter of fact, now that Elo is dead, I think it even more.

But I know Snow Dog is Cyber. (Sorry keys, but he has to be.)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm getting confused about the DFaraday role hint. I looked up what I thought he was getting at, and my research led me to two names of Civvies, both of which are Companions and would therefore have satisfied MP07 when he checked DF last night. :shrug:

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I'm having a devil of a time with this. I don't want to out a civ DF, and I don't want to press the issue so hard that a role hint turns into a role claim, so if enough people say "don't worry about it" I guess I'll drop it.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom wrote:
Chris wrote:1. Dom, that annoyed tone that you're sensing from SVS is the exact same tone that I got when she was The Creeping Death in Recruitment. Also, thank you to you and LC for now not just blowing the question off as if it's of no importance. This isn't the only thing that has me suspecting that SVS is the recruiter. And Dom, like you, I don't feel that just because Dr. MP says she's good, that I should just ignore the question. The fact that MP took this attitude towards the question, among a few other questionable actions, is what has me continuing to suspect that MP is recruited.
I will concur that SVS was not frustrated with you in that game. She was frustrated with Epig-- I had BTSC with her and remember it quite well.
Chris wrote:Fuck.. Dom is going to fucking flip when he read's that....
I don't even know what you're talking about.

Fair enough Dom.

And I highlighted it. I guess you missed it like I did/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yeah Dom, there error made it looks like Chris was sarcastically bitching us out for blowing off the question... in reality he was unsarcastically thanking us for not blowing it off.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

^ the* error

because I know you were all so very confused.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

I'm starting to feel like a sane person in an insane assylum. I've got nothing to say to you guys, because quite frankly, it feels like pissing in a hurricane. Lynch whomever the fuck you want, I'm voting DF.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:^ the* error

because I know you were all so very confused.
:haha:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

*fucking votes DF with keys*
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

LC, how do you feel about DF at the moment.

And if a DF lynch becomes a no go, where would you want to go?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

So, Chris and keys, you don't buy DF's hints?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:So, Chris and keys, you don't buy DF's hints?
I reread DF. I don't see them.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:So, Chris and keys, you don't buy DF's hints?
Basically, this is all I know about Dr. Who:

So, if his hint is dependent on Dr. Who knowledge, I'm at a loss.

Why don't you be a pal, and fill us in on this hint?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

There are a few out there since he came under suspicion. Devil, circle must be broken etc.
DFaraday wrote:Serving humans is my sole purpose. :noble:
He lives to serve. He may be telepathic.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I got it now.

The Ood.

One thing though. Does does DF dropping Dr. Who knowledge role hints make him that role? Did I miss something? Was there more than just saying things from the shwo that are related to The Ood?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

No, thats why I'm asking if you believe him.

I'm struggling in this game. I'm questioning whether I believe all the role hints because nobody is challenging them. Only the cybers would know they're false if they found the role with their checks.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

zeek wrote:No, thats why I'm asking if you believe him.

I'm struggling in this game. I'm questioning whether I believe all the role hints because nobody is challenging them. Only the cybers would know they're false if they found the role with their checks.
Or the person who really has the role if they are still alive.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Who was it that brought up two recruiters? It was Snow Dog, I think.

Does the White Guardian and the Dark Guardian make sense for the two secret roles? While doing some wiki searching about the show, I found this:
Although extremely powerful, the Guardians apparently cannot be seen to act directly, which is why they can only affect things through agents such as Turlough and the Doctor. Other agents of the Black Guardian include Cessair of Diplos in The Stones of Blood, The Shadow in The Armageddon Factor and Captain Wrack in Enlightenment.

Am I understanding this correctly? Do these guys use other characters to do what they need? Like, just like a recruitment?

:huh:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

That's possible, Chris. I suppose one would be good and one bad. Only thing that makes me doubt it is that the guardians are original series, and every revealed role is revival series.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Oh.

Never mind then...

*kicks dirt*

Thought I just found something that turn out to be really helpful...
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

It could be though, the Valeyard is original series and he's being used in the posts. Are good recruiters a thing?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Not that I've ever heard of, which is kinda why I laughed at Snow when he suggested it.

But with one of the secret roles being tied to The Master, and one being a recruiter, which is usually regarded as a bad thing, I was looking for something that may balance the recruiter out.

Something like an unseen helping hand... The White Guardian seemed to fit that bill. It was said in my reading, that they're much like Jacob and the MIB. They can't affect things directly, but they can get people to do things for them,

That would just be really fucking cool. Like a battle beneath the surface of the battle between the civs and the baddies.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Roxy and MM showing up as recruited when lynched is the only real proof we have of anything from the recruiter, right? There is no mention of a lynch switch in any of the roles, but that can be construed as not directly effecting the players since it would require someone else's action for it to work.

I'm not trying to incriminate MP... I'm just spitballing. What I'm getting at is, other than the lynch saying "recruited" and that switch, the recruiter hasn't directly effected any of us... not as far as I know anyway.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I believe Page 1 is now up to date. If I missed anything please shoot me a PM. I have also corrected the Day 10 lynch post and added the story into the Night 11 post. Links are available on page 1 if anyone is interested. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

That's true but if we're talking concrete facts the lynch switch isn't one. It's possible it was a prize.

Not many people about ATM, still don't know how I'm voting. I'd like to hear thoughts.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

I might have ragequitted a little back there, my apologies.

I think I might give DF a bye for his role hint. No one has come forth to contest it, so unless he knows whom The Odd was, or is gambling that he knows whom The Odd was (I certainly don't recall anyone else hinting at it, but I'm not a show-watcher), he might very well be The Odd.

Any thoughts on Hedgeowl and Gotrees? I'm curious to know if anyone can vouch for Dom. I'm considering a Hedgeowl vote.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris, you actually make some good points, but it makes me wonder whether the recruiter is having the impact that we think it is. Is it possible the recruiter is dead or they can only recruit a couple of players? What if splints was the recruiter? Does anyone have a role pegged for her? I do not. And she died N4, correct? She could have recruited two players by then, if she recruited N1 and N3 for example.

Well, I'm torn. DF is definitely claiming The Ood. And I don't really have any similar role hint by anyone else to claim that role... it means I'm pretty sure one of DF, Blooper, or Dom has to be The Master. If it's not any of those three, we're seriously way off. I'm most convinced by Dom being a civ out of those three, so for today that leaves DF or Blooper.

Or, essentially, do I believe DF is The Ood and vote Blooper, or do I not believe DF? :ponder:

Return to “Previous Jobs”