57%

Total votes: 7
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 1

Post by Alison »

That's half the game solved in 5 hours, I'll give you the other half by EOD.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Let's skip the part where I tunnel lucy for 5 pages to make her trust tell and just go directly to asking her if she's going to do it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Anyway good night.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:38 pm Sabi is already light years out of their scum range. Falcon has posted nothing but fluff, lacks the sharp paranoia and inquisitiveness of his town game, and is being towncleared for bullshit reasons. Wilgy is top posting and are you telling me he decides to do that as wolf instead of town?
I disagree with your Falcon take.

I see an effort to break out of RVS early, an introspective that provides play context and movement on two slots.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

The team is Alison and Nook.

Ggez
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:49 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:38 pm Sabi is already light years out of their scum range. Falcon has posted nothing but fluff, lacks the sharp paranoia and inquisitiveness of his town game, and is being towncleared for bullshit reasons. Wilgy is top posting and are you telling me he decides to do that as wolf instead of town?

I see an effort to break out of RVS early, an introspective that provides play context and movement on two slots.
I have never been wrong on falcon in my entire life. Just sheep me on him and vote me out if I'm wrong.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:51 pm

I have never been wrong on falcon in my entire life. Just sheep me on him and vote me out if I'm wrong.
How often have you caught Falcon D1?
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hee ho

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:53 pm

How often have you caught Falcon D1?
No clue.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wilgy just relax. If I am town my push on Falcon is genuine. If I am mafia either I am deathbussing my partner D1 in 9v2 in which case you should definitely help me do it, or I am outed after he flips green.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:57 pm Wilgy just relax. If I am town my push on Falcon is genuine. If I am mafia either I am deathbussing my partner D1 in 9v2 in which case you should definitely help me do it, or I am outed after he flips green.
That's absolutely not true.

Jay and Sabi have both given credence to Falcon being a net neutral. What would imply you'd be outed after he flips?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:56 pmHee ho
Ho hi
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:00 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:57 pm Wilgy just relax. If I am town my push on Falcon is genuine. If I am mafia either I am deathbussing my partner D1 in 9v2 in which case you should definitely help me do it, or I am outed after he flips green.
That's absolutely not true.

Jay and Sabi have both given credence to Falcon being a net neutral. What would imply you'd be outed after he flips?
This conversation is. Policy me if falcon flips green. Simple as.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 144

Post by falcon45ca »

That's not true.

I've bamboozled you as Maf before.

Tho usually your reads on my slot are accurate, this one is not.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I don't know what to make of this.

I don't think a town makes this play, there's never a need for it outside of ego. I do think a wolf attempts it trying to squeeze by following. Ye old thunderdome into "oh, me?"

A wolf all in this early though? Clever if the play is to widdle down the dome later and by presenting it early you can get out.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Policy lynching players for D1 mislynch is suboptimal
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:06 pm I don't know what to make of this.

I don't think a town makes this play, there's never a need for it outside of ego. I do think a wolf attempts it trying to squeeze by following. Ye old thunderdome into "oh, me?"

A wolf all in this early though? Clever if the play is to widdle down the dome later and by presenting it early you can get out.
Yeah, a town Alison has never thunderdomed someone on page 3 before. That would be incredibly out of character. Normally she plays so passively in the early game. Hmm.

Have you considered that I am just a townie with a confident read? Why does there need to be ego involved?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Mac can't play in this game so I have to take his place. I bet you wouldn't give Mac shit if he said what I did. Well I am Mac now.
Alison

Post by Alison »

So falcon what is your read on me?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:12 pm Mac can't play in this game so I have to take his place. I bet you wouldn't give Mac shit if he said what I did. Well I am Mac now.
I gave Mac shit last game we played for his bad read on my slot, so this is demonstrably false.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:11 pm

Yeah, a town Alison has never thunderdomed someone on page 3 before. That would be incredibly out of character. Normally she plays so passively in the early game. Hmm.

Have you considered that I am just a townie with a confident read? Why does there need to be ego involved?
Passive, no, but I'd expect you to bury Falcon, not establish a policy. Your question asking about my considerations is also faulty in that clearly in the post above I do so.

This however, I lean towards the replication of Ego. I did try to learn you last game going through your ISO twice just yesterday. There are immediate differences, I think.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:13 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:12 pm Mac can't play in this game so I have to take his place. I bet you wouldn't give Mac shit if he said what I did. Well I am Mac now.
I gave Mac shit last game we played for his bad read on my slot, so this is demonstrably false.
I was talking about Wilgy's response not yours. Funnily enough yours was perfectly fine.

I found you as town in 1 post last game and defended you til my dying breath. Why can't I do it this game? Am I mafia? Are you mafia?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Mac would already be calling me a wolf and I'd be arguing with him in perpetual.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:15 pm

Passive, no, but I'd expect you to bury Falcon, not establish a policy. Your question asking about my considerations is also faulty in that clearly in the post above I do so.

This however, I lean towards the replication of Ego. I did try to learn you last game going through your ISO twice just yesterday. There are immediate differences, I think.
I have never made an egoistical play in my entire mafia career. You don't know what ego is. It is not just having a confident read.

I have already buried Falcon. Now I am just getting others on board. You are weirdly reluctant to accept the policy of simply killing me if I am wrong on falcon. Why?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:17 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:15 pm

I have never made an egoistical play in my entire mafia career. You don't know what ego is. It is not just having a confident read.

I have already buried Falcon. Now I am just getting others on board. You are weirdly reluctant to accept the policy of simply killing me if I am wrong on falcon. Why?
Confidence comes from a built set of interactions within a game typically. I do not believe that opportunity has been made to exist yet, hence ego. I can, however, believe your stance on this matter as genuine to you.

I have never seen a policy executed that has ended favorably for town. Perhaps that's my own play experience, and no, I don't think you have buried Falcon.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:21 pm Confidence comes from a built set of interactions within a game typically. I do not believe that opportunity has been made to exist yet, hence ego. I can, however, believe your stance on this matter as genuine to you.

I have never seen a policy executed that has ended favorably for town. Perhaps that's my own play experience, and no, I don't think you have buried Falcon.
It is a myth that you need "a built set of interactions" to catch mafia. Sometimes it can help and sometimes you just need one post to catch them. Mac, who is my identity this game, caught Sabi off their first post last game. Remember that?

Policy exes are the key to success for any village. I consider them a cornerstone of my play.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 333
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:25 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:21 pm I'm not hyperposting or top posting. I'm confirmed scum.

That's how yall sounds judging both Falcon and Wilgz based off posting numbers
Alright, so do tell me Sabi, what have I done, outside of numbers that would incline you to a town or wolf read?

Your distrust is a good thing, I think.
Null at the moment.

I think if you're scum yiu would be hyperposting because when you slank as town you get put into poe. To avoid that you are trying to appear as towny as possible.

I think if you're town you are tired of everyone poe-ing you and you just are excited to play a game with your pals jjj marmot.and Falcon.

I just need more stuff from you
Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:35 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:21 pm I'm not hyperposting or top posting. I'm confirmed scum.

That's how yall sounds judging both Falcon and Wilgz based off posting numbers
I've played with them for years. I've only played one (maybe two) games with you tbf
Fair. I just think giving townreads based off volume on D1 tends to be something mafia does because they want to look like they are solving the game and trying to justify their tmi with shallow tr.

I rather you explain what posts of Falcon and Wilgz is giving you towny pings
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:13 pm So falcon what is your read on me?
Your take on my slot is strangely aggressive if you're Maf.

I'd say you're more likely town who thinks they've caught something
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Policing someone based off a bad read not even 6 hours into D1 is dumb and anti town behavior.

Anyway are we all role playing as Mac this game?
Alison

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:25 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:13 pm So falcon what is your read on me?
Your take on my slot is strangely aggressive if you're Maf.

I'd say you're more likely town who thinks they've caught something
Interesting answer, carry on.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Nothing Alison has done since her pop in has given me towny pings.

She's still awkward and stiff.

Anyway I have a migraine so I'm going to be in and out today.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:26 pm Policing someone based off a bad read not even 6 hours into D1 is dumb and anti town behavior.

The policy would be if I deathtunnel someone the entire D1 and they flip town. Either I am mafia powerwolfing or I am a townie who has decided to work for the mafia and either way I should be eliminated in that scenario. It's a sound policy.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:27 pm Nothing Alison has done since her pop in has given me towny pings.

So exeing me now for having stiff tone is a good move, but exeing me if I murder a townie with my bare hands is a stupid and anti town move?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:27 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:26 pm Policing someone based off a bad read not even 6 hours into D1 is dumb and anti town behavior.

The policy would be if I deathtunnel someone the entire D1 and they flip town. Either I am mafia powerwolfing or I am a townie who has decided to work for the mafia and either way I should be eliminated in that scenario. It's a sound policy.
Let's say you're town. That's two miselims. It's 9x2. We only have 2 miselims till limlo.

It's a terrible policy that's anti town if you are an actual town player.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by MissSparkles »

Sup? Page 1 was a bore to read, I quit smoking yesterday because I have zero monies and we’ll oof I feel awful rn fam.
:cloud9:
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:29 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:27 pm Nothing Alison has done since her pop in has given me towny pings.

So exeing me now for having stiff tone is a good move, but exeing me if I murder a townie with my bare hands is a stupid and anti town move?
I'm not pushing to lim you. It's 6 hours into D1. I still need to read everyone else in the game. You're the only person not in my null pile this game so far. That's all.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:29 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:27 pm

Let's say you're town. That's two miselims. It's 9x2. We only have 2 miselims till limlo.

It's a terrible policy that's anti town if you are an actual town player.
If I spent 48 hours running it down I would prefer to be executed instead of dragged to F5 for a free loss. Think about it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:31 pm

I'm not pushing to lim you. It's 6 hours into D1. I still need to read everyone else in the game. You're the only person not in my null pile this game so far. That's all.
You read all these pages and I'm the only one you have any semblance of a read on? Well go ahead then, proceed at your own pace, I'm sure you'll come up with something.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison is not easily solved off "stiff/awkwardness" in her posting, what else ya got?
Alison

Post by Alison »

So the two people I have locked town distrust and scumread me while the person I have lock scum is standing up for me and thinks I'm town. What a fascinating dynamic. I can already see Jay furiously scribbling association charts.
Alison

Post by Alison »

This seems like a situation that calls for nanook to interpret. He is the king of difference checks. What say you nanook?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:32 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:31 pm

You read all these pages and I'm the only one you have any semblance of a read on? Well go ahead then, proceed at your own pace, I'm sure you'll come up with something.
I have been giving nuance reads on all the active slots so far. I can see both their towny and scummy pov.

Wilgz I just have doubts on because he has slanked 3/3 games I had with him as town so him being super active is giving me doubts because I think he's doing this to avoid being poed.

Falcon hasn't given any good enough amount of game content and all his tr he has received has made me more sus of the low bar he has.

I misread marmot our only game together so I rather wait till I see more from him.

Jjj solving has been noticed but I can see maf or town him doing this to explain away tmi. I have creeped and read his past games because he's #famous.

Nook hasn't done anything towny or necessarily scummy yet minus his terrible read on me. He's one of the few people with an accurate read on me. I need more from him before I judge his slot.

Anything else?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:34 pm

Alison is not easily solved off "stiff/awkwardness" in her posting, what else ya got?
She hasn't been giving towny pings. I guess I might be too harsh on her.

I can back off for now.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wilgy slanks every game regardless of align. This is a break from character. Do you think he does this as town or as mafia more often?

Do you feel Jay has TMI and if so why?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 21

Post by MacDougall »

No hammer. Hammer bad.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Poor Mac was shaken by last game's hammer.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by MissSparkles »

I’m gonna give Alison and Falcon town leans and call it a day on this opening
:cloud9:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 296
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:46 pm I’m gonna give Alison and Falcon town leans and call it a day on this opening
Why?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:30 pm Sup? Page 1 was a bore to read, I quit smoking yesterday because I have zero monies and we’ll oof I feel awful rn fam.
Check out the following pages, it gets pretty kray kray
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:47 pm Let's skip the part where I tunnel lucy for 5 pages to make her trust tell and just go directly to asking her if she's going to do it.
I don't trust tell lmao

Return to “Previous Hustles”