Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 11

Post by zeek »

Okay Dom, whatever you say. I've got you, you're bad.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

zeek wrote:Okay Dom, whatever you say. I've got you, you're bad.
what the hell am i even supposed to say to this?

like what the actual fuck
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Nothing, don't say anything.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Alright....?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Last word.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

no me
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

NO U. Do it, go on.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Me?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Dom, yours is the same issue I've had to deal with; there's no real way to defend against being the SK. Having said that, I was gearing up to do an analysis of you like I did with Ninja, but I think the others are doing just fine with that. :p

zeek wrote:Okay guys, you're unconvinced he's the Master? What about the recruiter?

I still think there's something to him trying to stop me decoding the Master's secrets, but look at the Epi 1.0 lynch again.

Roxy and Metalmarsh voting the same way. A big question mark over Dom.

I think he's the Master, but there's a chance he's the recruiter even if I am wrong.
I think it's quite possible MM was recruited by the Master and Roxy was recruited by a third party recruiter, which would mean no alignment between them, If so, then Dom voting/distancing from MM looks very plausible. Of course, we don't know who recruited MM, so that particular piece of evidence is not much on its own to condemn Dom. He was already on my short list for the role, as I've said before, and this plus his distracting form the decoding, plus my own detective work on Ninja suggesting that she's not the Master, all contribute to my growing suspicion that Dom is, indeed, the Time Lord we're looking for.

Speaking of Ninja, why aren't more people talking about that? I feel like the two remaining Cybermen have to be some combination of SD, Epi, and Ninja (whom I feel I made a fairly intriguing case on :noble: ).

EBWOP: I realize that at this point it seems like I'm just piling on to what other people have said about Dom, and I don't want him to feel ganged up on. I was already thinking he might be, but then other people gave some actual reasons which strengthen that idea (and which Dom unfortunately can't really defend against). For the record, I'm not positive that I'll be voting Dom today, since there are some strong cases to be made for Cybers and I still want to do an exposé on Epi, since who knows, he could be the Master.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Haha, you guys crack me up.

I don't want this game to devolve into who hints and who doesn't. Not judging anyone that hints, I've dropped a few myself, I just feel like this has been a good game and it'd be a shame to essentially force a cheap win.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:Haha, you guys crack me up.

I don't want this game to devolve into who hints and who doesn't. Not judging anyone that hints, I've dropped a few myself, I just feel like this has been a good game and it'd be a shame to essentially force a cheap win.
Yeah, I agree. You hinted? :o You hinter. :mafia:
keys56000000000
The Mark

Long Con wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:Haha, you guys crack me up.

Yeah, I agree. You hinted? :o You hinter. :mafia:
Nah. Just trolling our remaining mafiosai. Good luck searching through my post history! ;) :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Normally I dislike role hinting, but I was feeling backed into a corner. And compared to the outing that was going on earlier in the game, I thought I was being downright subtle. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'll check in tomorrow. I must get back to work and sleep.

However, on the subject of role hinting--

I really hate it. I really, really hate it. I just really hate it. Always have. Always will. There has been an absurd amount of role hinting and outing in this game and, to be honest, for those who either don't get it immediately or do not feel comfortable (and for baddies who can't really role hint) it kind of ruins the game. I don't care if this is construed to be a baddie whining (It's not, but I discussed this with my team in a previous game... the last LOST game on RM), but it's honestly not fun to me. It completely demoralizes a large group of players and it really isn't fun. In that LOST game, my team only lost because some players were essentially forcing people to role hint and out themselves and if they didn't, they were lynched.
How fun is that?
Not very.
So, no, I will not role hint. I will not do that. I will not do what I am completely against.

I will say that you will hate the result of my lynch. I am not the Master. I am not a Cyber. I am not recruited. You will not like my lynch.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'd just like to take a quick second to say again, how much I love you guys. How much I appreciate the passion you all have put into the game. How patient you've been with me as a host. How just in general you all fucking rock so hard. You are fantastic! :hug: :hug:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Good morning!

I have slept on it and I admit when LC flopped civ my whole case on MP being recruited collapsed. I am most likely wrong about you MP. In which case I guess my Hedgeowl case is wrong seeing as you vouch for her.

Ok now to read last nights posts...
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Snow Dog wrote: I admit when LC flopped civ my whole case on MP being recruited collapsed.
How does LC being a civ mean that MP wasn't recruited? Is LC incapable of being fooled by MP?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

I still think that neither the Master nor Dr Who would be recruitable. Bea loves her some civvies, and having the two major power roles that we are aware of recruitable by an unknown third role would seem rather unbalanced. And as for the notion of a civ recruiter, I have only seen a civ recruit scenario once, in mine & juliets game, Dogma (I was responsible for balance in that game, and I was a fail, Mafia Hosting Lesson One, never give a civ a recruit as a prize) and the civvies ran rampant in that game, becasue it basically connected two civ bts groups. Bea was one of the civvies in that group, and while she won, she also knew how glaringly unfair that was. Large swaths of civs with BTS kind of eliminates the one major benefit the Mafia holds, that of being an informed minority. When the majority becomes informed as well, it's a baddie bloodbath.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Dom wrote:I will say that you will hate the result of my lynch. I am not the Master. I am not a Cyber. I am not recruited. You will not like my lynch.
I get enough guilt trips at home, accept your fate, Master.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Chris wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: I admit when LC flopped civ my whole case on MP being recruited collapsed.
How does LC being a civ mean that MP wasn't recruited? Is LC incapable of being fooled by MP?
It doesn't. But my case was pinned on it. He could be recruited. Anybody could be.

A
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

zeek wrote:
Dom wrote:I will say that you will hate the result of my lynch. I am not the Master. I am not a Cyber. I am not recruited. You will not like my lynch.
I get enough guilt trips at home, accept your fate, Master.
You know, when people talked to you like this, you told them that they suck or you were annoyed with them.

Just something to keep in mind. :wall:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

So apparently Dom is the Master. That fits I guess. I don't want to get into baiting the Master.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I don't much care whether baddies are annoyed. I've died once, if I have to die again after finding the Master, I will.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I cannot believe how dense you're being.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Dom wrote:I cannot believe how dense you're being.
We shall see, and I expect you to retract this statement when we do.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Possible players who can be The Master:

Dom - I'd say he's Cyber before The Master.

Ninju - Playing that under the radar game, so could be.

DF - Having his name brought up heavily has finally brought him into the game. His role hints do nothing for me. He is the only one of all of The Master suspects that has survived a NK.

DF really hasn't brought anything to the discussion until he was basically forced to. His role hints only came out after he got heavily suspected. I hate to say it, but even the role he's claiming isn't all that big of a help. He can't make a NK rebound, and let's face it, after this, no baddie will target him with any night actions because it can be turned back. So he's sorta of expendable. He'll be a question until he dies or The Master is found. So if we are initiating "Operation Find The Master", my vote will be going on to DF.

I will say that I reserve a small area of suspicion for Epig to be The Master, but, I doubt that anyone would replace out of that role, the same thing I said about rey.
However, it would seem that the Cybers are Master hunting... so I think I will wait to see what happens. My vote is staying on Snow Dog since I feel the strongest about him being bad.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Your thoughts on Dom are my thoughts on Ninju. I think she'd have kept up more if she was the Master.

DF's hints aren't being refuted by anybody, same way yours have not been. (Side note: Except SVS did question your hint every time Sarah Jane was mentioned, which is why I had her as that role ever since.)

You've been the most active in finding the recruiter. Based on the MM lynch, don't you think Dom could be the recruiter even if you do believe DF is the Master?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Before I forget, Dom I replaced Nikki.

There are so many suspicions out there now! I would think we would be coming more together instead of moving apart but this has been a strange (though excellent hosts) game.

I think I'm going to have to go through these by process of elimination. For the moment the only one I've rules out is DF. He role claimed a specific role and i think he wouldn't take that risk unless he really was that role. It's just too risky unless you are that person or you know for sure that person is dead. I'm not sure how he would be sure about that role unless he was a Dalek with a dead role checker which we know he was not. So I think I've ruled out DF.

Ninja I've worried about most of the game. We've talked about how she seems to be very careful in her posts and her wall of text posts seem to say nothing much. I don't know if she is the Master - as someone said she'd probably be a little more involved than she is. She's a ping for me though and I'm going to re look at her posts today.

Snowy seemed connected to bass earlier which made me think he was probably cyber. As time has gone on I'm not so sure about the connection but maybe that's just because it's further away in time. I still have some residual feelings he might not be on the up and up but I'm not sure I want to vote for him at this point. I think if he's bad he's not the Master and I'm more concerned about the Master.

Hedgeowl Chris has defended pretty hard and MP had had something to say about her so I tend to believe them both in this situation. I don't see a hedgeowl vote today.

Dom is an intriguing candidate but I must admit I hadn't thought of him being the Master until Epi brought it up. Once he brought it up though I'm having a hard time finding a reason he couldn't be the Master. I'm going to read Dom today because I haven't gone back and re-read him since the game started and see if I see anything there. As I said before I'm more interested in finding the Master today (or the recruiter tbh) so Master candidates and recruiter candidates will get more of my attention.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:For the moment the only one I've rules out is DF. He role claimed a specific role and i think he wouldn't take that risk unless he really was that role. It's just too risky unless you are that person or you know for sure that person is dead. I'm not sure how he would be sure about that role unless he was a Dalek with a dead role checker which we know he was not.
Long Con wrote:I'm with you on this, is there a reason DFaraday can't be a Cyber? Who rolechecked, say, Elohcin, and then killed her to claim her role? Did he hint before she died?
:srsnod: :shrug:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

That's a good question LC. I'll go back and look.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok the role hint that I googled was from saturday the 25th at 6:35. The post of Elo's death came on Sunday at about 10:29 so it looks like DF role hinted before Elo was killed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And I used Elohcin because she was the most recent unknown role death... I don't know if going back to the one before her would help. And no, I'm not trying to hint that Long Con 1.0 was The Ood. If he had been, I certainly wouldn't touch this DFaraday hint with a ten-foot pole, I'd leave it to the rest of the thread to decide. Just didn't want people to start "seeing where I'm coming from" in an erroneous fashion.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:And I used Elohcin because she was the most recent unknown role death... I don't know if going back to the one before her would help. And no, I'm not trying to hint that Long Con 1.0 was The Ood. If he had been, I certainly wouldn't touch this DFaraday hint with a ten-foot pole, I'd leave it to the rest of the thread to decide. Just didn't want people to start "seeing where I'm coming from" in an erroneous fashion.
Ok so I went back a few days to look at the cyberkills and they were:

Night 10 - Elo killed
Night 9 - LC
Night 8 - Dana not killed
Night 7 - LC not killed
Night 6 - Chris not killed

I didn't realize until I took this look that the cybers have had bad luck on their kills. So looking back I don't really see a cyber kill that could have been the ood. I have someone else penciled in for your role and don't think you were the ood and then there was no one else killed. What do you think LC?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Why would it have to be a cyber kill? Does it say they can only check their own kills?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

the same argument works for the recruiter, to be honest. DF could have had roxy dead role search any of the night killed people and give him they're role info.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Why would it have to be a cyber kill? Does it say they can only check their own kills?
No it doesn't. That's a good point. Their role checker could check anyone. i don't mean to be pushing the DF is ood agenda, I just explained why i think he is ood and LC asked me about the cyber kills. So really, to your point there is no use in doing this so I'll just go back to I think DF is ood given the evidence I cited.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Chris wrote:Possible players who can be The Master:

Dom - I'd say he's Cyber before The Master.

Ninju - Playing that under the radar game, so could be.

DF - Having his name brought up heavily has finally brought him into the game. His role hints do nothing for me. He is the only one of all of The Master suspects that has survived a NK.

DF really hasn't brought anything to the discussion until he was basically forced to. His role hints only came out after he got heavily suspected. I hate to say it, but even the role he's claiming isn't all that big of a help. He can't make a NK rebound, and let's face it, after this, no baddie will target him with any night actions because it can be turned back. So he's sorta of expendable. He'll be a question until he dies or The Master is found. So if we are initiating "Operation Find The Master", my vote will be going on to DF.

I will say that I reserve a small area of suspicion for Epig to be The Master, but, I doubt that anyone would replace out of that role, the same thing I said about rey.
However, it would seem that the Cybers are Master hunting... so I think I will wait to see what happens. My vote is staying on Snow Dog since I feel the strongest about him being bad.
Dom as Cyber? I kind of doubt that, seeing as he voted for Cybers three days in a row.

And yeah, I'm not exactly a powerful force in this game, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. You're thinking of voting me with the idea that I'm no big loss even if I turn out civ? Hardly a civvie mindset.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

Chris, Juliets says you defended Hedgeowl, is that true? Why didn't you list her as a possible The Master?

Snow Dog - MP supports Hedge but hasn't vouched for her.

I'm comfortable with my vote for Hedgeowl. Y'know how some people, when accused of lying, can't help but smile, even laugh? Like they just can't contain how funny it all is? That's what I get from Hedgeowl. Like she's over there smirking, giggling, enjoying fooling us.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I never defendedid Hedgie. I don't know what juliets is talking about.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Chris wrote:I never defendedid Hedgie. I don't know what juliets is talking about.
Wait what? I guess I'll try to find it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

keys56000000000 wrote:Chris, Juliets says you defended Hedgeowl, is that true? Why didn't you list her as a possible The Master?

Snow Dog - MP supports Hedge but hasn't vouched for her.

I'm comfortable with my vote for Hedgeowl. Y'know how some people, when accused of lying, can't help but smile, even laugh? Like they just can't contain how funny it all is? That's what I get from Hedgeowl. Like she's over there smirking, giggling, enjoying fooling us.
Who accused me of lying?

Smirking and giggling don't really seem to work together. Maybe smiggling, or girking?

This is me smiggling then.

Linki orly Chris?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

Hedgeowl, you're lying, you lying liar!
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 8

Post by juliets »

Here's the first one I came to where chris defended hedgie. There are more.
Chris wrote:Bass, about your vote last night...

Do you see how the way you voted without discussion, and then left, making it impossible for you to change your vote, looks bad?

Do you realize that you put a vote on Hedgie, accusing her of being the recruiter, and there's basically no chance that she is?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

juliets wrote:Here's the first one I came to where chris defended hedgie. There are more.
Chris wrote:Bass, about your vote last night...

Do you see how the way you voted without discussion, and then left, making it impossible for you to change your vote, looks bad?

Do you realize that you put a vote on Hedgie, accusing her of being the recruiter, and there's basically no chance that she is?
Um, that's not a defense. That's me using logic.

If you want to call that defending, then ya, I defended Hedgie.

If anything, that was me going after Bass...
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Another post defending her.
Chris wrote:Snow... please read my posts from last night.

But, to save you some time, Hedgie was the last vote for MetalMarsh the day he got lynched. He was recruited. So what you are saying is, Hedgie recruited MetalMarsh, and then lynched him rather than vote for Epig?

Do I have that right?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, yes i would call that defending hedgie - at least thats the way I interpreted it. If you weren't defending her then I will ignore those posts dealing with this issue since bass is already dead. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Juliets, you're pulling quotes from the same situation.

Snow and Bass were trying to get some attention onto Hedgie. I was trying to keep the attention on the two of them.

How do you not know that's what I was doing?

You're basically pulling quotes that all say the same thing... that Hedgie couldn't be the recruiter since she voted for MM last, sealing his fate.

Remember?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

MP, two things I'd like to ask you about.

With quotes, is there a way to timestamp them? Also, is there a way to click on a quote to take you to the original?

And if not, can you make it so? :srsnod:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Chris i think your comment passed mine in cyberspace. I interpreted it as you defending hedgie but if you didn't mean to be doing that then I dropped my statement that you were.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Chris wrote:MP, two things I'd like to ask you about.

With quotes, is there a way to timestamp them? Also, is there a way to click on a quote to take you to the original?

And if not, can you make it so? :srsnod:
I don't know that we would want to install mods mid game. I do know that that mod is on the to do list.

Return to “Previous Jobs”