NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Drunk aro is based lmao
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:51 am Honestly SPF, I don’t have the mental capacity to fully comprehend and will respond later once I’m
Sober and maybe reflect on what I’ve said. I do really hope you take what I say as a genuine challenge to your reads and I believe you are a great player.

It’s just sometimes I see some things that other players may not see and I want to open up your peripherals. Maybe I’m wrong on Alison, but I have reasons to believe that she is mafia and will recollect and come back once I’m sober.

Hope you understand! <3
well i don't think you have any malicious intent and that ur genuinely just trying to challenge my reads, so no worry. hope you arent too hungover tomorrow <3
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I can't be here right now lol
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

MOD NOTE

@DrWilgy REPLACES @Neon

DONT DISCUSS SUBSTITUTION
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 130

Post by DrWilgy »

Good evening all.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

hello wilgz

did wolf chat welcome u yet?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:19 am hello wilgz

Yes, but Marmot just keeps making clicking sounds in there it's weird.

I'm finding that my slot is wolf read by afew, I've made it through my own ISO as of two pages and see nothing but fluff, so as it stands I can understand so far.

Lily, care to give me a precise description of why you don't believe my slots wolf reads?

Right now wisest thing is to trust my own legacy and [VOTE: aro] aubergine, until I have more data.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

For data sake:
Lily and Boq on me.

Porscha, Aro and Sean on Alison.

@Alison, I likely won't get to you till tomorrow, in the interim can you briefly describe your position. Why are you lead wagon, who should be the lead wagon and is there a wolf on you? Who. You often have a gravity so I think this inquiry is a good way for me to start while I try to figure out what I in a previous life saw in Aro's slot.
Image Image Image
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:25 am

I'm finding that my slot is wolf read by afew, I've made it through my own ISO as of two pages and see nothing but fluff, so as it stands I can understand so far.

Lily, care to give me a precise description of why you don't believe my slots wolf reads?

Right now wisest thing is to trust my own legacy and [VOTE: aro] aubergine, until I have more data.
there's just an entire lack of substance in your slot and whenever prodded the responses weren't to solve but to get defensive which didn't help. pushing imo a pro wolf agenda in mindlessly elimming alison also wasn't a good look. Idk why aro was even being wolf read tbh
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

but i am willing to look upon your slot with fresh eyes now and will reeval before eod hits
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

[VOTE: sleep] aubergine

gn
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:29 am

there's just an entire lack of substance in your slot and whenever prodded the responses weren't to solve but to get defensive which didn't help. pushing imo a pro wolf agenda in mindlessly elimming alison also wasn't a good look. Idk why aro was even being wolf read tbh
So you believe Alison to be T?

Or is Alison just unalienable with my slot?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:32 am [VOTE: sleep] aubergine

gn
Gn
Image Image Image
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:33 am

atm I'm at alison V
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also allow me to clarify, *nothing but fluff* isn't necessarily accurate, I do not wish to improperly describe my slot out of respect to the previous holder. I just so far don't understand my own legacy yet based on what I've seen.

There's a couple of things with SPF and Mac that are in fact reads, but I don't have the 'why' yet.
Image Image Image
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

i am hard spf siding this game so i'm either a correct town or the 4th wolf
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:36 am i am hard spf siding this game so i'm either a correct town or the 4th wolf
Interesting, does SPF have the gravity to cause a 4th wolf scenario?

Like, I'm not sure where you become 4th wolf as opposed to just being wrong?
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 550

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:37 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:36 pmI miss Mac
Then why did you kill him?
naauuurr tell me why this was also my thought when I read the post lmao

I am catching up btw i'm quite a bit behind from start of day
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:35 am

atm I'm at alison V
Why?

And what do you think of the 3 votes on them?
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:38 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:35 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm Also @staypositivefriend , how were you town reading Alison for her read/progression on you?

Like I even pointed out that the way Alison was reading you as mafia was very weird esp in the world where you are town. Since Alison was sr you, despite how you were agreeing with her pov of creature being mafia and were defending her. It is very odd to me that you kind of dismissed that from Alison as her read on you did not feel organic in any way tbh.

Also, not only were some of Alison's reasonings for reads not good, she has also pushed on Jack (died town), pushed creature (died town), and from your perspective SPF, Alison has been pushing you as well.

So from your POV SPF, Alison has pushed on 3 town, so even if you want to give her the benefit of the doubt with "pelts," that argument also fails. So I am wondering why you were defending Alison yesterday and if you still believe she is town today despite this?
I'll give a lengthier response to this when I'm not on my phone but I thought Alison's push on me was/is towny because if she's a wolf then she:

A. Would almost certainly want me to be on her good side and continue defending and protecting her

B. Would almost certainly want to try to spew me as her partner and make me look bad after she flips

But the way she approached her read accomplished neither of those things and feels unstrategic in a way that made me feel like she was rand likely to be town just reading me badly
Wait, "likely rand for just reading your badly"?

I thought you were judging Alison based off pelts, so why would a "wrong read" on you from your pov become dismissed as a bad one and then converted into "likely town reading badly"

And the thing is SPF, I feel like you didn't really evaluate Alison's progression/read on you from an objective standpoint and you more so did from a "stragetic" which gets you caught up in other stuff. Like, we know mafia tend to do a lot of "refuge to audacity" and I feel like evaluting Alison just solely based on that isn't correct.
ugh I do be agreeing with aro's post here zzz
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:38 am

atm I'm at alison V
Why?

basically alison and creature were in a we have to kill both of them day 2 and day 3 scenario and the votes are because of that. alison was day 1 CW and most players want her resolved. unsure abt the specific votes on her rn because of that nature, I was personally voting her earlier just out of not wanting to misplay

I think she's v for a lot of small reasons. I think her play is a bit different from the spec chat game that just ended and I liked different interactions she had throughout the game. Specifically her handling of my slot on day 2 felt super towny to me and is why I'm currently town reading her.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:59 am
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:48 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:11 am @Neon You seem convinced that there is a wolf in the people who have pushed you but that I specifically am wrong town. Why?
Because people who push me for my approach to the game day 1 especially when I'm more relaxed and memey than normal are almost always town and almost always think they have some amazing solve on me when in fact I'm just being myself.

They give woofs an easy wagon to jump on and put pressure on because like okay someone else started it the reasons look good enough at a base level and it's easy to jump off if needed or to hand wave when I flip town.

Your not the first you won't be the last and it happens in almost every game with people I've never played with before when I'm at my most natural self. Lately I've been kinda not being me and trying to emulate the games of the really good players I respect but I'm shit at it so now I'm in this weird juxtaposition where people who have specced me lately expect me to be like I was in champs or since than and people who know me from before expect me to be goofy anime meme girl when in truth I don't even know who I am anymore so I kinda decided to try to be old me again... cause that's when I had fun in mafia and was like actually kinda good at it.

Anyways point is. You created a wagon that's easy for woofs to use to get a misexe if I don't change my play or to get off of if I do without much suspicion. I don't think a woof starts the wagon I do think at least one jumps on it as it gains traction though.
i see that makes a ton of sense then
Like Mac is right about there being info to be gleaned from me if you look past the base level. I'm answering questions and giving reads.
Lily, what was your error with this one? I'm confused about this not making sense?

The way I read this argument is "I'm an easy yeet, here's the explanation of my meta, I don't think wolf Alison starts my wagon." Seems pretty clear cut to me. It's a meta based argument with background information to create an argument.
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:26 pm @Lilypetal since you seem to be sr Neón as well, can you take a look at the recent post I made with the screenshots from a mafia gc that Neón was in and lmk ur thoughts please?
i'm not lily and i've only played with neon once and she was town. I think it is NAI for her
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:43 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:38 am

atm I'm at alison V
Why?

basically alison and creature were in a we have to kill both of them day 2 and day 3 scenario and the votes are because of that. alison was day 1 CW and most players want her resolved. unsure abt the specific votes on her rn because of that nature, I was personally voting her earlier just out of not wanting to misplay

I think she's v for a lot of small reasons. I think her play is a bit different from the spec chat game that just ended and I liked different interactions she had throughout the game. Specifically her handling of my slot on day 2 felt super towny to me and is why I'm currently town reading her.
I'll keep an eye out for it then.

Was Creature Alison a dif check proposed by someone or Alison's own Policy?
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:57 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:26 pm @Lilypetal since you seem to be sr Neón as well, can you take a look at the recent post I made with the screenshots from a mafia gc that Neón was in and lmk ur thoughts please?
thought it was spot on, i mean she'd mad diff this game than she was in the game that just ended that I was in with her and she claims it's changing playstyle but idk seems like a wolfy excuse at this point
what do you think is so different? compare neon's day 1 and day 2 from last game to this one.. I don't think it's very different. neon didnt change her play until later in last game, noticeably enough that multiple of us pointed it out. so I'm not sure about your take on this one.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Lilypetal and apologize if you feel that I'm playing 20q with you specifically right out of the gate, but I'm finding it a good means to get my footing.

You spoke of the votes on Alison but what of the other 2 voters, Porscha and Sean? I believe you had already said you don't sr aro?
Image Image Image
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:51 am
Lilypetal wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:57 pm
thought it was spot on, i mean she'd mad diff this game than she was in the game that just ended that I was in with her and she claims it's changing playstyle but idk seems like a wolfy excuse at this point
what do you think is so different? compare neon's day 1 and day 2 from last game to this one.. I don't think it's very different. neon didnt change her play until later in last game, noticeably enough that multiple of us pointed it out. so I'm not sure about your take on this one.
idk its just like a diff vibe? maybe im imagining it, i'll have to check

Have a lock town read wilgy
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:51 am @Lilypetal and apologize if you feel that I'm playing 20q with you specifically right out of the gate, but I'm finding it a good means to get my footing.

You spoke of the votes on Alison but what of the other 2 voters, Porscha and Sean? I believe you had already said you don't sr aro?
no please, i'm pretty tired but i of course want to help you get yourself into this game

personally i tr porscha and sean i'm entirely unsure about, tbh i'm super conflicted on aro but he posted super villagery the last few pages so I'm beginning to tr him? I'm normally bad at reading people the first time I play with them so sean has kinda been a big idk for me
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 am
Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
yeah

i think part of my frustration with this gamestate, regardless of alison's alignment, is that it feels like 90% of the game is part of an inside joke that they won't let me in on

in spite of everything that's happened, it's still not even clear to me why people scumread alison throughout d1. what did she do that was wolf-indicative? why was she wolftelling? mac is the one who came the closest to giving a legitimate answer but i've seen basically zero reasoning from anyone that wasn't him. and again, why was alison one of the main wagons on d2? why does everyone agree that she needs to be killed today? what did she do???

it's seriously exasperating for everyone to be tunneled on alison without having a single clue how they got to her being a wolf or what she has done that is scum indicative - it feels like the game is stuck in this self-fulfilling prophesy of "alison needs to be chopped because she's been in contention for so long" but it's abundantly unclear what led to her being in contention in the first place

i just don't get it i guess
must be rough being in the minority of the game eh :/

I agree mac made the best argument. if you believe that alison is town and that the alison wagon was not pure, then you should know at least part of why she was wagon'd - to take advantage of a strong town player ML day 1 for wolves.
Alison was wagon day 2 because of the counterwagon needs to flip conversation. not sure how you missed that or why you even asked it. i'll assume it's because you're drunk, I guess.

Being in contention can get townie players ML'd for the sake of flipping and the information it brings. Because if alison were to flip wolf today, for example, you would potentially be reading her day 1 wagon differently, wouldn't you? You'd be going back and looking for coasting players / votes on her slot. why are you asking these kinds of questions? Even if you are against policy yeeting, you have to understand the answers to your questions are readily, dare I say EXTREMELY, available to you.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:49 am
lucy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:44 pmboq/Alison/lily
alison and lily are not teamed

who else is in ur POE
no
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:45 am
arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm Also @staypositivefriend , how were you town reading Alison for her read/progression on you?

Like I even pointed out that the way Alison was reading you as mafia was very weird esp in the world where you are town. Since Alison was sr you, despite how you were agreeing with her pov of creature being mafia and were defending her. It is very odd to me that you kind of dismissed that from Alison as her read on you did not feel organic in any way tbh.

Also, not only were some of Alison's reasonings for reads not good, she has also pushed on Jack (died town), pushed creature (died town), and from your perspective SPF, Alison has been pushing you as well.

So from your POV SPF, Alison has pushed on 3 town, so even if you want to give her the benefit of the doubt with "pelts," that argument also fails. So I am wondering why you were defending Alison yesterday and if you still believe she is town today despite this?
okay i can give a longer response to this now

i guess my question for you is: why should i scumread alison for reading me as mafia? why is it not OK for me to townread her because she's scumreading me? i care much more about whether her read is coming from an authentic place and whether it makes strategic sense than whether or not the read is "correct". i think alison's progression on me makes sense from an alison!town POV, which is why i don't find it wolfy that she has pushed on me even though the reasoning behind her push is honestly kind of horrible

it's true that alison has pushed on mainly town so far, and it's also true that i think the best way to read alison is by her results, so i think the fact that we are on d3 and she hasn't provided us with any pelts yet is the most compelling argument for her being a wolf. even so, the fact that she's been in such a precarious and bizarre position makes me feel like she would be less likely to successfully find the mafia in a world where she's town, and if i was in her shoes as a villager i imagine it would be difficult to correctly analyze the gamestate. so, i think her inaccuracy in this game is slightly less concerning to me when i take into consideration the bizarre context that the game is in
I mean, I'd argue alison hasn't been under much thread pressure to explain herself as to why she isn't wolf. It's just "ah well gameplay analysis shows she should be yeeted." with votes just parked. She has plenty of space to solve as she usually does. Therefore, I disagree that the context should be qualified as "bizarre" or "hard" for her to solve. I can see you are really struggling on her slot.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

boq/lily/Alison/aro/spf poe
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Sabiplz wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:08 am
MOD NOTE

@DrWilgy REPLACES @Neon

DONT DISCUSS SUBSTITUTION
literally 1984
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:55 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:51 am @Lilypetal and apologize if you feel that I'm playing 20q with you specifically right out of the gate, but I'm finding it a good means to get my footing.

no please, i'm pretty tired but i of course want to help you get yourself into this game

personally i tr porscha and sean i'm entirely unsure about, tbh i'm super conflicted on aro but he posted super villagery the last few pages so I'm beginning to tr him? I'm normally bad at reading people the first time I play with them so sean has kinda been a big idk for me
E23C2AA1-0E99-4349-8C21-FC2D1E3A9B83_4_5005_c.jpeg
E23C2AA1-0E99-4349-8C21-FC2D1E3A9B83_4_5005_c.jpeg (54.31 KiB) Viewed 552 times
staypositivefriend
Hitman

lucy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:08 am boq/lily/Alison/aro/spf poe
starting to get scared that youre wolfsiding and that i cleared you too easily because this is a pretty awful POE tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

im drunk and should be asleep rn so ill respond to the posts directed at me tomorrow, gn
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm like, half wanting to keep isoing half want to sleep.

I've been up for 24 hours and drove 15 of those so there's a good argument for trying again in the morning.

Thoughts as of now:
need to examine Alison.

need to examine Aro.

Lily's been helpful with my entry, pro town, but I do have qualm with the post I quoted where Lily states that Neon's point was flawed.

I've seen Boq pointed out as scum by both Max and Lucy and they are voting me. Doesn't bode well in that slot for those reasons but I should iso.

Nook row locking me always puts me on edge. I was close to getting them last time but chickened out, unknown if I get to any conclusion without supplementing my data.

Time to sleep.
Image Image Image
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:17 am
starting to get scared that youre wolfsiding and that i cleared you too easily because this is a pretty awful POE tbh
yeah im pretty sure this is a game losing poe lmao
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:17 am im drunk and should be asleep rn so ill respond to the posts directed at me tomorrow, gn
lightweight
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:46 am
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:59 am
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:48 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:11 am @Neon You seem convinced that there is a wolf in the people who have pushed you but that I specifically am wrong town. Why?
Because people who push me for my approach to the game day 1 especially when I'm more relaxed and memey than normal are almost always town and almost always think they have some amazing solve on me when in fact I'm just being myself.

They give woofs an easy wagon to jump on and put pressure on because like okay someone else started it the reasons look good enough at a base level and it's easy to jump off if needed or to hand wave when I flip town.

Your not the first you won't be the last and it happens in almost every game with people I've never played with before when I'm at my most natural self. Lately I've been kinda not being me and trying to emulate the games of the really good players I respect but I'm shit at it so now I'm in this weird juxtaposition where people who have specced me lately expect me to be like I was in champs or since than and people who know me from before expect me to be goofy anime meme girl when in truth I don't even know who I am anymore so I kinda decided to try to be old me again... cause that's when I had fun in mafia and was like actually kinda good at it.

Anyways point is. You created a wagon that's easy for woofs to use to get a misexe if I don't change my play or to get off of if I do without much suspicion. I don't think a woof starts the wagon I do think at least one jumps on it as it gains traction though.
i see that makes a ton of sense then
Like Mac is right about there being info to be gleaned from me if you look past the base level. I'm answering questions and giving reads.
Lily, what was your error with this one? I'm confused about this not making sense?

The way I read this argument is "I'm an easy yeet, here's the explanation of my meta, I don't think wolf Alison starts my wagon." Seems pretty clear cut to me. It's a meta based argument with background information to create an argument.
i'm entirely confused on what you mean
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:18 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:17 am
yeah im pretty sure this is a game losing poe lmao
33BF6685-93EF-43B6-B1CB-E332373AA0E3_4_5005_c.jpeg
33BF6685-93EF-43B6-B1CB-E332373AA0E3_4_5005_c.jpeg (59.08 KiB) Viewed 536 times
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

why aren't these gifs working
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

lily, you said you were 4th wolf
my different poe you call game losing
a bit inconsistent, no?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

lucy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:24 am lily, you said you were 4th wolf
my different poe you call game losing
a bit inconsistent, no?
i jokingly said i was 4th wolfing if spf is a wolf because i am "spf siding" this game
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

and ur poe is me (town), and alison and boq who i tr, and aro/spf who i kinda tr but im conflicted abt so i really don't think it's a good poe
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

what's your poe?
do you think Alison should go over today?
what do you think about my read accuracy across games?

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:57 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 am
Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
yeah

i think part of my frustration with this gamestate, regardless of alison's alignment, is that it feels like 90% of the game is part of an inside joke that they won't let me in on

in spite of everything that's happened, it's still not even clear to me why people scumread alison throughout d1. what did she do that was wolf-indicative? why was she wolftelling? mac is the one who came the closest to giving a legitimate answer but i've seen basically zero reasoning from anyone that wasn't him. and again, why was alison one of the main wagons on d2? why does everyone agree that she needs to be killed today? what did she do???

it's seriously exasperating for everyone to be tunneled on alison without having a single clue how they got to her being a wolf or what she has done that is scum indicative - it feels like the game is stuck in this self-fulfilling prophesy of "alison needs to be chopped because she's been in contention for so long" but it's abundantly unclear what led to her being in contention in the first place

i just don't get it i guess
must be rough being in the minority of the game eh :/

I agree mac made the best argument. if you believe that alison is town and that the alison wagon was not pure, then you should know at least part of why she was wagon'd - to take advantage of a strong town player ML day 1 for wolves.
Alison was wagon day 2 because of the counterwagon needs to flip conversation. not sure how you missed that or why you even asked it. i'll assume it's because you're drunk, I guess.

Being in contention can get townie players ML'd for the sake of flipping and the information it brings. Because if alison were to flip wolf today, for example, you would potentially be reading her day 1 wagon differently, wouldn't you? You'd be going back and looking for coasting players / votes on her slot. why are you asking these kinds of questions? Even if you are against policy yeeting, you have to understand the answers to your questions are readily, dare I say EXTREMELY, available to you.
She missed it cause she's mafia lol

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:18 am I'm like, half wanting to keep isoing half want to sleep.

I've been up for 24 hours and drove 15 of those so there's a good argument for trying again in the morning.

Thoughts as of now:
need to examine Alison.

need to examine Aro.

Lily's been helpful with my entry, pro town, but I do have qualm with the post I quoted where Lily states that Neon's point was flawed.

I've seen Boq pointed out as scum by both Max and Lucy and they are voting me. Doesn't bode well in that slot for those reasons but I should iso.

Nook row locking me always puts me on edge. I was close to getting them last time but chickened out, unknown if I get to any conclusion without supplementing my data.

Time to sleep.
I'm like 7 for my last 8 with confident reads on you I think, across both alignments.

Tbf im wildly overstating my confidence level and if im wrong I absolutely will not count it
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:07 am
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:03 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:02 am im kind of baffled by you describing alison and creature as being in "similar positions" when the way they approached the day yesterday couldnt relaly have been more different
They both are in similar positions as the whole thread are after them. Idk why that wouldn’t be a similar position.
ok well maybe they were in a similar position in the sense that both of them were being scumread by the rest of the thread but the way they approached d2 and interacted w/the people around them could not have been more different, which is why it's absurd that ur trying to draw a comparison between them to discredit my tr on alison

in general your read on alison really bothers me and is probably the biggest concern that i have about ur rn - it feels like ur trying to push a world where she is mafia more than u actually have a good rwason to believe that she s mafia. can u explain like im 5 why alison is mafia fypov?
can I ask you if you ever see a world where alison and creature are both being strongly pressured (creature referred to numerously as "outted wolf" - not a pressure put onto alison in nearly the same way whatsoever) and creature reacts more like alison and alison acts more like creature? they both reacted how they would always react... I'm not sober but I guess what i'm trying to say is that how they reacted to their individual pressures was NAI for both of them. I don't think you should look at the question of "from a similar starting point, how do these players react differently affects my reads on them" because... Creature replied in his own towny way. It's why I wouldn't agree that he was an outted wolf. Under the pressure Creature was under, including STRONG mac tunnel, that is how town Creature replies.
Town alison would never react how Creature reacted, because Alison would never act like that under any circumstances. Do you believe that Alison's response to her pushes, which I would argue (besides the mac argument) that Alison has actually been under quite a bit less scrutiny than Creature was. Why would Alison play any different than she always does, which is a cool-under-pressure town player, and a pretty cool-under-pressure player who you have admitted you aren't very good at reading?

I don't get why you can't just take the hints and agree to doubt yourself more. It's like you're intentionally clinging to the idea that Alison has to be town. Open up your view... I feel you are actively trying to look at it subjectively (like a smaller version of confbias) rather than a more neutral and therefore more objective mindset.

Return to “Previous Hustles”