Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [MAFIA WIN]

LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 285

Re: Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [DAY 1]

Post by LordQuas »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:33 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:31 am i'm actually still struggling to understand cape's logic behind "wolves don't have awkward openings reliably, for example when i was a wolf i had a wolfy opening and nobody called me out for it so i won"
I'm debating if Cape TMI'd Scia or not. Right now I lean: Other people will check in and tell me so not my problem. I still think Sabi and nutella are wolfier
i'm not super sure what to make of sabi as a player yet. Think I need to play a few more games with them to get a grip there

haven't thought much about nut yet, saw your posts. Figured I'd just wait to see her post more before making a call
Chelsea
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Chelsea »

As an LC one-trick I can say Dota is a good game.
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:35 am As an LC one-trick I can say Dota is a good game.
they're giving out free arcanas right now if you log in
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:22 am
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:15 am This is Strawhenge to @LordQuas: Is it just Schia's self-vote that's getting you? Is there anything else about them that's awkward?
Okay, I'ma say something that's gonna blow everyone's mind: Being awk doesn't=wolfy
I agree; that's why I was asking. Self-voting D1 (or any day really) has never indicated alignment to me, and I've followed the awkward=scum fallacy before, to my folly and ultimate doom.

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:15 am This is Strawhenge to @LordQuas: Is it just Schia's self-vote that's getting you? Is there anything else about them that's awkward?
i just haven't felt like their jokes have been natural at all and reminded me of a wolf trying to imitate a towny having fun rather than a towny actually having fun. I also didn't particularly like that schia post about mine about the rabbit person with the french name (thats a sentence) but I did like schia's response to me

its an early read that i'm not married to but it was what stuck out to me the most from that rvs phase

also rachel holy shit that ending
Alright, gotcha. I haven't read Schia's posts the same way, but I also don't know them. Shrugging emoji.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:35 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:31 am i'm actually still struggling to understand cape's logic behind "wolves don't have awkward openings reliably, for example when i was a wolf i had a wolfy opening and nobody called me out for it so i won"
I'm debating if Cape TMI'd Scia or not. Right now I lean: Other people will check in and tell me so not my problem. I still think Sabi and nutella are wolfier
i'm not super sure what to make of sabi as a player yet. Think I need to play a few more games with them to get a grip there

haven't thought much about nut yet, saw your posts. Figured I'd just wait to see her post more before making a call
My biggest problem is it felt like, half the stuff they were calling people out on for making no comments or doing anything was then followed up by then asking a lot of questions to almost fit the narrative that they weren't doing the exact thing they called people out on. it just seemed like a lot of busywork and I really hated the entire bundle of posts.
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 am

My biggest problem is it felt like, half the stuff they were calling people out on for making no comments or doing anything was then followed up by then asking a lot of questions to almost fit the narrative that they weren't doing the exact thing they called people out on. it just seemed like a lot of busywork and I really hated the entire bundle of posts.
sorry who is this in reference to, nut?
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

One of the ways I caught a wolf in a game based off their entrances as town was their second post feeling like...

Okay so lemme explain

Like if you can read it with an angry expression on your face and have it sound normal in your head as an beginning post, like if you get the vibe of someone complaining as their firstish post in the beginning of the game, I would think that's more wolfy then being awkward for instance.

I remember my first post in this one game was me reading 2 posts, one by town which i called from town, and one from mafia Schweppes where I just say that he was complaining about a non-issue

ended up immediately voting him correctly as he was wolf in game I am referring back too.
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 am

Sabi.

Nutella just calls people out for level 1 posts that if you looked at on a base is "wolfy" it's pretty bad tbh
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:38 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 am

Sabi.

Nutella just calls people out for level 1 posts that if you looked at on a base is "wolfy" it's pretty bad tbh
ok i just don't remember sabi calling people out much at all
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Also here is my bullshit:
Spoiler: show
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:40 am Also here is my bullshit:
I am very based, unique, and cool.
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

How do I IsO again help
Valentine
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Val

Post by Valentine »

i loved overwatch 1 and didn't mind 2 tanks, etc, etc, and overwatch 2 feels like a downgrade in almost every way. >->

i would play something i actually have fun in (tft) but i am on a losing streak and afraid of going down a rank lol
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:40 am Also here is my bullshit:
i mean i see abbey road, built to spill, neutral milk hotel, and in rainbows and i can't be hating
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:41 am How do I IsO again help
click on posts in topic, took me a second as well. I kinda see what you mean by sabi now, she's only made throaway "__ is wolfy" posts which is why they didn't register as much with me but they have entirely been about players being lacking or whatever. have a hunch that could be player indicative though give me a few minutes
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:42 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:41 pm Anyway I'll prob spend this night reading books I bought yesterday
Do you have no thoughts or comments to make
This really pinged me because before this it's mostly filler (and it's rvs so grain of salt) but after it's just this mass of content and it felt so timed because they were barely making comments and then said this about Creature ewwww
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:23 am
Strawhenge wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:30 pm 2. sirengif © me 2014. Hey @Cape90 what makes you think there are three third parties?
Read the first post of the game, there lies your answers.

I noticed it because I was looking for what time the game even starts, reread the thing about 20 times before actually seeing it since it was implied at the bottom
I looked right past it, oops, thanks
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:49 am
Creature wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:41 pm Anyway I'll prob spend this night reading books I bought yesterday
This really pinged me because before this it's mostly filler (and it's rvs so grain of salt) but after it's just this mass of content and it felt so timed because they were barely making comments and then said this about Creature ewwww
from my *extremely* limited experience with sabi they seem to be content averse beyond drive by reads anyways. Not convinced they wouldn't just do it hypocritically as a villager is whats giving me pause
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:52 am
from my *extremely* limited experience with sabi they seem to be content averse beyond drive by reads anyways. Not convinced they wouldn't just do it hypocritically as a villager is whats giving me pause
Eh, most of there content I read based on this game did not give me the whole "arrogant villager that would make this kind of post" vibe but if I am wrong then it's not as bad. For now I've spammed the thread enough so I'll bow out.
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:54 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:52 am
Eh, most of there content I read based on this game did not give me the whole "arrogant villager that would make this kind of post" vibe but if I am wrong then it's not as bad. For now I've spammed the thread enough so I'll bow out.
i'm debating whether i want to backread other sabi games or if thats too much effort even for my comeback effort game
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Talking about TMI on whatever posters or whatever dumb things is not going to get us anywhere

I have a bad habit of me wanting to defend everybody in a mafia game in some capacity if I feel like they are being pushed for reasons I do not vibe with no matter what I even think of what they have to say

and...
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm Petit's gross for the hasty vill read off of zero knowledge about me or the horse I came in on + weirdly self-aware followup

but.

But!!!!

If I am wrong and petit is town thatn quas is maybe wolfy for sliding in on that
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm or i'm wrong in both worlds but that would be p embarrassing, we won't talk abt that possibility
while you can call these awkward, they do show some insight into what Schiavetto is saying.

I think some posts like
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:46 pm like petit, if we had to talk abt things that were not you & were not me, what would you have us be talking about
come off as a bit gibberish

and there are some moments of just kind of nothing townreads on people. And a general sense they aren't putting as much effort into their posts as one would like #334 with this really filler post that only served to boost post count.

They ain't wolfy, they ain't that towny make of what I say here what you will

Cape that's hedgy

Shut up
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I'm getting a vague vibe from IAWY. If we're going on trying too hard, a lot of their posts feel that way to me. They say they're coming from another site, so maybe that's more their playing culture, but something feels right and I don't know how to articulate it at the moment. It's two full American hours past pop-pop's bedtime, and my mental capacity is flaking away.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Never played with IAWY wolf but I did get the impression that they would try less as a wolf?
But then this also sounds like a terrible assumption
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:43 pm
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:41 pm
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm Petit's gross for the hasty vill read off of zero knowledge about me or the horse I came in on + weirdly self-aware followup

but.

But!!!!

If I am wrong and petit is town thatn quas is maybe wolfy for sliding in on that
is just a bad post. why call out me and not the other people who pointed out the same thing?
felt like you were just kind of jumping in to say what was already said but maybe that's just me not really feeling your post in the thread's overall rhythm
i think this post in particular is a much better example of what you're trying to get at @Cape90 and a good look for schia
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 am Never played with IAWY wolf but I did get the impression that they would try less as a wolf?
But then this also sounds like a terrible assumption
i was gonna try to claim like 2018 meta but this seems like a poor idea. I don't think IAWY is the kind of player to not try ever though. Not saying they'll sweat every game but they'll always try
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

This is Strawhenge to the thread: I'm feeling very still, so I'm going to go to sleep. I'll come at this thread in the morning with a fresh mind and a cup of maté.

No strong or even middling scum reads at the moment, but I currently have an eyebrow raised at the following:

IAWY
Creature
hollowkatt
Cape90
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

i am going to be mildly amused if town!cape tunnels me twice in a row
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

that unvote guy looking pretty good to vote [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 am
Schiavetto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:43 pm
LordQuas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:41 pm

but.

But!!!!

is just a bad post. why call out me and not the other people who pointed out the same thing?
felt like you were just kind of jumping in to say what was already said but maybe that's just me not really feeling your post in the thread's overall rhythm
i think this post in particular is a much better example of what you're trying to get at @Cape90 and a good look for schia
after this post i snapped out of it
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:05 am that unvote guy looking pretty good to vote [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
lol
Valentine
Stool Pigeon

Post by Valentine »

i think the last time i played with iawy i said he had weirdfeels and that i couldnt describe why but i thought if he was like vaguely townyish/fine he was maybe a wolf actually

he was, actually, a wolf
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

okay i think cape is town
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:56 am
Shut up
I heard that you shouldn't use the phrase "shut up" because it silences a person and their ideas. It's very rude.
Schiavetto
The Mark
Posts in topic: 241
Preferred Pronouns: any/all

Post by Schiavetto »

dropping the memetr for a bit to say i can't decide if i like val more or less than our last game together
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

@Inawordyes 's mafia game is legendary as the Yates slayer
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:11 am @Inawordyes 's mafia game is legendary as the Yates slayer
Quas wishes he wasn't so obvious as scum
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

69th post
Valentine
Stool Pigeon

Post by Valentine »

Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:10 am dropping the memetr for a bit to say i can't decide if i like val more or less than our last game together
i hope it's more so u listen to me when i have a perfect poe again... hehe
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:12 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:11 am @Inawordyes 's mafia game is legendary as the Yates slayer
fully serious when i say the only player i actively am worried about pre rand as wolf is abraxas
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:07 am
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:56 am
Shut up
I heard that you shouldn't use the phrase "shut up" because it silences a person and their ideas. It's very rude.
true, even though it was more to myself and silencing... my own idea (it was a direct response to...
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:56 am Cape that's hedgy
and not anyone who had concerns over me TMIing Schiavetto or whatever).

I probably overexplained something that might have been obvious :ike: to something that may or may not have been a joke post but there you go
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:13 am
fully serious when i say the only player i actively am worried about pre rand as wolf is abraxas
well ok pre rand doesn't make sense but you know what i mean
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

who?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

@Chelsea since I assume you read the whole game, I was putting pressure on creature to do anything.

He dropped two naked votes and dipped.

I was annoyed and seeing if this was limp wolf rand creature or not esp because he was saying he was bored.

Obviously if you are reading this after the fact it looks like fluff but in real time it was not.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Also, Liquid getting rekt by Pudge

:cry:
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:14 am
who?
if you know you know
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:15 am Also, Liquid getting rekt by Pudge

i favored aster this game going in. ori is a monster on the hero and i don't believe in zai lesh this patch. storm has also looked not great. i do think matu can solo carry this game though
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

@LordQuas @Chelsea its few hours into D1, I am going to throw out drive by reads that's what I do when games are uncapped. 🤷‍♀️

My play style is like this.
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:17 am @LordQuas @Chelsea its few hours into D1, I am going to throw out drive by reads that's what I do when games are uncapped. 🤷‍♀️

My play style is like this.
that's what i was saying
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:17 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:15 am Also, Liquid getting rekt by Pudge

i favored aster this game going in. ori is a monster on the hero and i don't believe in zai lesh this patch. storm has also looked not great. i do think matu can solo carry this game though
People flame me when I pick pudge bruh
Schiavetto
The Mark
Posts in topic: 241
Preferred Pronouns: any/all

Post by Schiavetto »

Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:13 am
Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:10 am dropping the memetr for a bit to say i can't decide if i like val more or less than our last game together
i hope it's more so u listen to me when i have a perfect poe again... hehe
I'm still mad they went outside of lily/Aus
uncalled for

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”