Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [MAFIA WIN]

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [DAY 1]

Post by nutella »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:04 pm It would seem there's some confusion on what I mean/meant by "white knighting":

White Knighting is when an individual inserts themselves into a situation with the sole purpose of making themselves look good.

I do feel Chelsea did this, and I don't think it's particularly towny.
That is not the usual meaning
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 84

Post by falcon45ca »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:04 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:00 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:41 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:51 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am If I see someone trying to push someone based on how awk they are I'm shutting that down because that's such a weak excuse and screams pushing LHF for no reason cause you can't think of a good excuse.

The only time someone can be pushed for being awk and its wolfy is if their meta is so polarizing that you can figure out if they're town or wolf based off like 10 posts and I doubt anyone fits that bill
Interesting white knighting here.

Do you have specific examples you've observed in this game, or is this just a blanket warning?
I don't think I'm white-knighting anyone here, where exactly did that come from? At the time, I remember some dude called out being awk again and after seeing it at least three times, I started getting fed up with the comment because I feel that's a horrible base for any sort of read as I stated.

It also does serve as a blanket statement although do I really think we're going to push "X" because they're super awk? From the looks of it we're past it so hopefully not.
Did you "shut it down"? I mean, it doesn't even seem like you remember the player it was happening too...did you step in and call an end to the push based off awkwardness?
I remember seeing multiple people talk about it in my catchup and then when it happened in real time I rolled my eyes and made the post. Honestly, it's just that simple. I don't think me remembering the exact details is important what so ever to the conversation at hand.
I mean, if I saw something that bothered me ITT...especially after I make a blanket statement about how I won't stand for that kind of gameplay, you can bet I would remember the details. But hey...

Perhaps that's just me
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

The Falcon x Schiav x Chelsea thing is something I want to relook at because it feels like there is one non town in here.

I also forgot that this set up has 3p so maybe I'm not as confident on Falcon being town. Just confident he's not maf if that makes sense.
Chelsea
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Chelsea »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:04 pm It would seem there's some confusion on what I mean/meant by "white knighting":

White Knighting is when an individual inserts themselves into a situation with the sole purpose of making themselves look good.

That's not what White knighting is in my experience but I don't think you're wrong that I did insert myself into the conversation because it was annoying me that it was happening. It's up to others to think if it's villagery/wolfy but I'm not really wanting to go down this conversation topic because I'm not worried nor do I really think the effort is worth it to go over a throw away post I made in semi-annoyance kek
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:06 pm

That is not the usual meaning
I believe it's not any longer used this way (based off recent research), but I'm old AF & that's how I use it/was using it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Can you expand on why you don't think it's particularly towny?
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:07 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am If I see someone trying to push someone based on how awk they are I'm shutting that down because that's such a weak excuse and screams pushing LHF for no reason cause you can't think of a good excuse.

The only time someone can be pushed for being awk and its wolfy is if their meta is so polarizing that you can figure out if they're town or wolf based off like 10 posts and I doubt anyone fits that bill

Do you have specific examples you've observed in this game, or is this just a blanket warning?
I don't think I'm white-knighting anyone here, where exactly did that come from? At the time, I remember some dude called out being awk again and after seeing it at least three times, I started getting fed up with the comment because I feel that's a horrible base for any sort of read as I stated.

It also does serve as a blanket statement although do I really think we're going to push "X" because they're super awk? From the looks of it we're past it so hopefully not.
Did you "shut it down"? I mean, it doesn't even seem like you remember the player it was happening too...did you step in and call an end to the push based off awkwardness?
I remember seeing multiple people talk about it in my catchup and then when it happened in real time I rolled my eyes and made the post. Honestly, it's just that simple. I don't think me remembering the exact details is important what so ever to the conversation at hand.
I mean, if I saw something that bothered me ITT...especially after I make a blanket statement about how I won't stand for that kind of gameplay, you can bet I would remember the details. But hey...

Perhaps that's just me
My apologizes I will make sure to write down every little note so I can get every detail correct for you next time.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:04 pm How do people write so many words about a read
I literally write novels. I sneeze and 1,000 words come out.
Literally just some fucking guy.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:08 pm

That's not what White knighting is in my experience but I don't think you're wrong that I did insert myself into the conversation because it was annoying me that it was happening. It's up to others to think if it's villagery/wolfy but I'm not really wanting to go down this conversation topic because I'm not worried nor do I really think the effort is worth it to go over a throw away post I made in semi-annoyance kek
Yeah, I did some research and saw how the term is understood/used now, so that's why I wanted to clarify.

I do not think you were WK in the more modern sense of the term whatsoever, and I'm sorry for the confusion
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Re: iawy, it could just be that I strongly disagree with his reasoning on falcon and won't see eye to eye there, but I really didn't like how he retroactively justified it. He seemed to select falcon as LHF, then when it was pointed out to him that falcon was not just devoid of content he backpedaled and pulled something out of the content he could justify as a wolf read (and it was little more than "he omgused dz") that I find it hard to believe he really believes in. I'd like to see IAWY engage in more depth with other slots and react organically to developments rather than sticking his feet in one outdated push.

As a side note falcon and chelsea are possibly my two top town atm and I hope they don't clog the thread arguing
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:07 pm The Falcon x Schiav x Chelsea thing is something I want to relook at because it feels like there is one non town in here.
What's giving you this feeling?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:07 pm The Falcon x Schiav x Chelsea thing is something I want to relook at because it feels like there is one non town in here.
Nah
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:09 pm

Cuz' town shouldn't & often don't care about this. Maf do tho
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:10 pm I do not think you were WK in the more modern sense of the term whatsoever, and I'm sorry for the confusion
Apology not needed, you won't upset me over a few comments. It's kinda getting interesting now so I should be thanking you.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:09 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:07 pm

Perhaps that's just me
My apologizes I will make sure to write down every little note so I can get every detail correct for you next time.
This apology seems sarcastic, but I shall accept it in good faith
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 319
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:19 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:13 am @Valentine why does it feel like you're coasting?
to bee frank i think it's a little silly to say "feel like" here or rather like
i have been blunt that i'm gonna need help this game to like. contribute some lol

also because this feels like an easy statement to make rn but it doesnt like... feel much like it matters in the grand scheme of things
I'm decently confident that Val is town because this feels to me like exactly the typical mindset I find myself in in games where I'm struggling to get into the swing of things. There's a difference between when it's coming from a wolfy place and when it's townie, and this feels townie
:omg:
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Okay my next client is coming in so I really do need to go but I need to read that Creature/Cape stuff because I legit cannot read Creature and Cape is something of my point of interest
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:34 am Testing, testing is this thing on?
CHELSEA HELLO
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:31 pm
ISO: @Creature

1. The Rando Votes. Creature's first post in the game was to vote nutella. At this point Nutella has only posted once, so this is obviously a random vote move on the part of Creature. Random votes right out of the gate are null. But then Creature re-votes for Raskolnikov. Again in rando-vote fashion: with no explanation. However in context it's noteworthy that this revote comes three minutes after votes Creature, and a little less than an hour after hollowkatt rando-votes Raskolnikov. The timing of that feels very off to me, like Creature could be trying to look like a fun-lovin freewheelin towny makin joke votes, but not the kind of joke votes that could spark conversation.

2. Defensiveness. Creature's first game-related comment is 'Oh well shit', in response to Sabi pointing out that people scumread Creature (and Falcon) for popping in and dipping out. After another indifference post (I'll get to that in the next item), Sabi prods Creature for comment and he says '[...] Pushing falcon and me for dipping off is a pretty lazy thing to do and strikes as wolf scared to make enemies active in-thread.'. It's not as hollow as a straight-up parroting, but it does echo Sabi's post that basically points out the same fallacy. To me, this reads as a little too defensive for something that had already been shot down as angel-shooting (if I'm using the term correctly).

3. Indifference. I already said as much, but I'm not loving the, 'idk you're all boring me' approach. I've already been informed that this is just Creature Creaturing, but my scumdar pings with the lowkey aggro aloofness approach. I just can't get into the mindset of being town and telling my potential teammates this without contributing anything myself. He later claims that he's going to '[...] prob spend this night reading books [...]', reinforcing his outward boredom with this game. Two minutes later he says, 'You all got no thoughts on players who have been actually posting?' This is on Page 7 of the thread, at which point there has been plenty of discussion about players who have actually posted. What's most noteworthy here is that these indifference posts are interlaced with the defensive posts I mentioned in the previous item. The 'Oh well shit' at the angel shooting, then indifference, then 'nobody's talking about anything', then responding to Sabi by basically telling them what they had already said. The combination of items 2 and 3 are scummy to me.

3.1. Following his indifference, it's interesting that he attacked me for, 'complaining about the thread being active.' This, from the guy who said, 'idk you're all boring me' and saying he was going to go read.

4. I don't know what to make of this with regards to alignment, but this is interesting. Creature says hi to pyxxy, and asks, 'Got something?' As of the time of writing, pyxxy has yet to post in the game. Pyxxy isn't @'ed in the post either. Did Creature see that pyxxy was online? I can't put my finger on it, but this is odd to me.

5. This little read list pings my scumdar a little. I'll reiterate that I have no experience with Creature, so this might be his style, but saying one player (Le pitit) feels 'awkward', another player (IAWY) feels 'weird', and '[not knowing] what to make out of nutella' feels like a very soft and unengaged post—especially in context with the rest of his posts. Then he walks back his thought on IAWY in a similar fasion, then casts a for Valentine.
--
TL;DR: Creature's clash of indifference and defensiveness is pinging me to lean scum. I'm open to hearing others' thoughts on this, as a lot of you have more experience with Creature than I.
I like this post fwiw. Decent summary and while some of these things are kinda just how Creature is, there is enough uncomfortableness that in total I think he is more in his scum meta than not.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:11 pm
Just something about the the way the conversation was being steered when I was reading it while driving by. I want to relook at it in a couple of hours Ave see if it was just in my head or not. Expect a more detailed response by then.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

@hollowkatt

1. hollowkat's first handful of posts are pretty playful. '#obligatory' rando-vote on LPP, razzing the drunk guy, having the correct opinion on uwu speak, hating music to the point where I would encourage them to make an RYM account, etc. Being playful on D1—especially within hours of the start of the game—is largely null. I've seen town and scum behave in exactly the same way.

2. See, but then, couched in the playfulness is a post I already commented on: 'yeah sure you can be town why not' in response to Valentine. This is a light scumdar ping. A very light scumdar ping—the breath of a whisper of a memory of a dream of a feathery little kiss of a scumdar ping. In context it aligns with hollowkat's playful presentation. But there's an air of confidence there that I have trouble ignoring. Again: an extremely light scumdar ping.

3. Votes Creature, 'for reasons I refuse to explain'. This is interesting because this comes after the posts where Creature overcame his boredom and started discussing things. If this is a joke/rando vote, it's oddly timed.

4. The response to IAWY's Falcon read feels like an analytical town response. I would challenge it with a question for @hollowkatt: What's your read on Zeus? So far, your only mention of Zeus is that '[drinking] usually makes [him] funnier', and that, 'petit/zeus not w/w'.

5. I'm not loving the meta suspicion of Sabi. I have historically been guilty of meta-sussing players (hi JJJ), and it has never really served the game. This doesn't make me lean town or scum for hollowkatt, but I'm putting a pin in it.

6. can only imagine dragons siren.gif siren.gif siren.gif

7. This LordQuas-blindness is weird to me. As hollowkatt mentions, LQ had 35 posts in the thread by that point, and there were plenty game-related ones in those 35. They then concede that they haven't been backreading. For a Syndicate game with 12 pages at the time of that post, not backreading isn't necessarily a sign of disengagement and laziness, so I don't have an alignment read on it. I just think it's bizarre that hollowkatt just didn't 'recognize and read' any of LQ's nearly-three-dozen posts up until that point.
--
TL;DR I'm mostly getting a null read on hollowkatt with just a, whew, just a dust particle of a thought of a dream of a zephyr of a whiff of scumdar ping. Possibly 3P? Not going to lean scum, but I'm definitely gonna keep my eye on hollowkatt, man.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:15 pm
Just something about the the way the conversation was being steered when I was reading it while driving by. I want to relook at it in a couple of hours Ave see if it was just in my head or not. Expect a more detailed response by then.
Im officially moving Sabi down to the Concerns tier for this.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 163

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:58 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:36 am BTW I’m Kate Bush and 3P
...we just ignoring this or
Yeah apparently.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I forgot to put 'ISO:' before the title of my hollowkatt ISO. My formatting consistency is shattered. I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Strawhenge.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:11 pm

I mean arogrant town, ego heavy town, etc tend to do that so that's why I'm asking. They want to big up themselves to be leader. So I don't think it's necessarily that black and white.

Do I think Chelsea fits that mold? From what I have specced in cats vs dogs and another game (one was town Ave the other was maf), she's very confident and boastful regardless of her alignment.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:19 pm
Yeah apparently.
Hey Colin! What's your role?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:18 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:15 pm
Im officially moving Sabi down to the Concerns tier for this.
That's fine and valid.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:09 am
LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:05 am
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:19 pm I keep seeing people mentioning Quas in some way and I keep not reading a single Quas post. hmm
prolly hard to get a read on me if you aren't reading my posts
the fact that you have 35 posts in topic and this is the first I've recognized and read says something about one of us
vibe tell vibe tell
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

At the way the reads are being thrown around everyone is a 3p
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:17 pm
Are you running up the hills to say that?

Anyway what is your wincon if you're 3p and what was your intentions of posting this?
My wincon is to learn what people’s roles are or something. My intentions of posting this were to see what would happen
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:19 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:11 pm

I mean arogrant town, ego heavy town, etc tend to do that so that's why I'm asking. They want to big up themselves to be leader. So I don't think it's necessarily that black and white.

Do I think Chelsea fits that mold? From what I have specced in cats vs dogs and another game (one was town Ave the other was maf), she's very confident and boastful regardless of her alignment.
OK, I can see that...tho I don't agree with the tactic, I can see some town playing in such a way.

I do not think Chelsea is that type of player, tho I have...0? playing experience with her.

Or maybe I have, and I don't remember... Inaw says I've played with them, tho I know not when or where
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:23 pm
Schiavetto wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:08 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:04 pm
siren.gif

I'm rusty on my mafia role lore; are there third-parties that aren't anti-town? Why would Colin just come out and claim third-party?

unless it's lingo and he's saying 'threep' aka 'threap' which means 'to scold; chide'
in some communities it's standard for 3rd party/survivors/etc to claim early as like, sign of good will/intent to townside yadda yadda
I'm trying to remember if this was something often done here in Colin's time
Definitely don’t think it was but I’m benign enough to the game that I don’t see a reason to not. People are gonna scumread me eventually anyway so :shrug:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:21 pm

Anyway what is your wincon if you're 3p and what was your intentions of posting this?
My wincon is to learn what people’s roles are or something. My intentions of posting this were to see what would happen
LMAO well now no one else is going to claim so gj
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

I’m hoping Strawhenge is town because they are recapping peoples ISOs so I don’t have to read the game.

Mvp
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:19 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:19 pm
Yeah apparently.
Hey Colin! What's your role?
I think in generic terms it’s a friendly neighbor? Don’t remember all the Mafia lingo and haven’t ever seen a role like this tbh but I think I can prove it later
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:57 am I'm getting a vague vibe from IAWY. If we're going on trying too hard, a lot of their posts feel that way to me. They say they're coming from another site, so maybe that's more their playing culture, but something feels right and I don't know how to articulate it at the moment. It's two full American hours past pop-pop's bedtime, and my mental capacity is flaking away.
I am terribad at D1 because I tend to play based on tone and vibes, and on D1 I have zero info to go off of until towards EoD at the earliest. I am pushing myself to be here and contribute, so if it feels forced that's because I am forcing myself to
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 am Never played with IAWY wolf but I did get the impression that they would try less as a wolf?
But then this also sounds like a terrible assumption
I would try more, when I have TMI I feel more comfortable contributing and pushing forth solid ideas. Postcount is NAI for me though. The less sense I make, the more likely I'm town tbh, and several players here can throw their hat into the ring to confirm/decry this
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

LordQuas wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:01 am
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 am Never played with IAWY wolf but I did get the impression that they would try less as a wolf?
But then this also sounds like a terrible assumption
i was gonna try to claim like 2018 meta but this seems like a poor idea. I don't think IAWY is the kind of player to not try ever though. Not saying they'll sweat every game but they'll always try
^ pretty much this, I catch a lot of flak for the way I go about things, but I try my best
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:05 am i think the last time i played with iawy i said he had weirdfeels and that i couldnt describe why but i thought if he was like vaguely townyish/fine he was maybe a wolf actually

he was, actually, a wolf
So where does that put me in this game? What's the follow-up to this comment to connect it to the current goings-on?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:17 pm
@hollowkatt

1. hollowkat's first handful of posts are pretty playful. '#obligatory' rando-vote on LPP, razzing the drunk guy, having the correct opinion on uwu speak, hating music to the point where I would encourage them to make an RYM account, etc. Being playful on D1—especially within hours of the start of the game—is largely null. I've seen town and scum behave in exactly the same way.

2. See, but then, couched in the playfulness is a post I already commented on: 'yeah sure you can be town why not' in response to Valentine. This is a light scumdar ping. A very light scumdar ping—the breath of a whisper of a memory of a dream of a feathery little kiss of a scumdar ping. In context it aligns with hollowkat's playful presentation. But there's an air of confidence there that I have trouble ignoring. Again: an extremely light scumdar ping.

3. Votes Creature, 'for reasons I refuse to explain'. This is interesting because this comes after the posts where Creature overcame his boredom and started discussing things. If this is a joke/rando vote, it's oddly timed.

4. The response to IAWY's Falcon read feels like an analytical town response. I would challenge it with a question for @hollowkatt: What's your read on Zeus? So far, your only mention of Zeus is that '[drinking] usually makes [him] funnier', and that, 'petit/zeus not w/w'.

5. I'm not loving the meta suspicion of Sabi. I have historically been guilty of meta-sussing players (hi JJJ), and it has never really served the game. This doesn't make me lean town or scum for hollowkatt, but I'm putting a pin in it.

6. can only imagine dragons siren.gif siren.gif siren.gif

7. This LordQuas-blindness is weird to me. As hollowkatt mentions, LQ had 35 posts in the thread by that point, and there were plenty game-related ones in those 35. They then concede that they haven't been backreading. For a Syndicate game with 12 pages at the time of that post, not backreading isn't necessarily a sign of disengagement and laziness, so I don't have an alignment read on it. I just think it's bizarre that hollowkatt just didn't 'recognize and read' any of LQ's nearly-three-dozen posts up until that point.
--
TL;DR I'm mostly getting a null read on hollowkatt with just a, whew, just a dust particle of a thought of a dream of a zephyr of a whiff of scumdar ping. Possibly 3P? Not going to lean scum, but I'm definitely gonna keep my eye on hollowkatt, man.
BTW I appreciate your formating and numbering of these posts. Makes it easier for me so I don't resort to highlighting.

Anyway 7. I do have theories that mafia tend to throw one these one liners at partners to make it appear they look good if they flip as a form of distancing but this theory relies on hk flipping w which would drive up quas w equity in my eyes. Disregard if either flip town first.

Back to 5. I think it's weird he hasn't found anyone scummy after pressuring valentine earlier to not move his vote off me. It's going to be pretty lazy and scummy if him to keep resorting to me snowing him our last game to vote me even if he Durant believe he scumreads me
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:25 pm I’m hoping Strawhenge is town because they are recapping peoples ISOs so I don’t have to read the game.

Mvp
I don't like that strategy.

People can manipulate iso wall post cases to fit their agenda. Not mention things or over mention things or just purposely misread things.

I rather you read the iso themselves.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Oh.

Is it a game ending wincon?

Well what do you think of the reactions that you received?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:30 pmAnyway 7. I do have theories that mafia tend to throw one these one liners at partners to make it appear they look good if they flip as a form of distancing but this theory relies on hk flipping w which would drive up quas w equity in my eyes. Disregard if either flip town first.
This is a great point. I was thinking I'd take a gander at LQ after my initial four ISOs, but I might do theirs sooner.
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:30 pmBack to 5. I think it's weird he hasn't found anyone scummy after pressuring valentine earlier to not move his vote off me. It's going to be pretty lazy and scummy if him to keep resorting to me snowing him our last game to vote me even if he Durant believe he scumreads me
I agree. Meta-reads on D1 aren't usually something to stick to until EOD, in my opinion. He did say he doesn't see where a town-read on Zeus is coming from. Hopefully he'll elaborate on that.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 pm Okay so.

Cape is a very strong player. Here he has looked quite solid, giving reads on a wide range of players with some amount of depth and originality. I don't think that's out of his wolf range by any means.

I of course did not like how he jumped on Chelsea's push of me. I don't recall him giving any take on me prior, correct me if I missed it, but it felt like he tagged along with Chelsea pointing out that I had weak pushes early on. I protest that they were any weaker than is warranted in the first few pages of the game but I also protest that Cape cared about this read at all. He didn't follow up with a vote despite it landing me on the bottom of his reads list in 674, with a very noncommittal handwave of my early DZ read (not one of the ones Chelsea cared about afaik, so at least he's contributing something new but it feels forced especially since that was pretty inconsequential first-page stuff). He is self-aware of his hedginess and I actually kind of like that when it appears in his posts. I can relate.

But I particularly found IAWY's placement in that same readlist peculiar as the description sounded almost on the same level as the one of me.
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:21 am Inawordyes - Someone who I consider to be towny sometimes. Like on #335 with Valentine and him asking about Valentine's read on IAWY. Perhaps overexplainy on something I wouldn't exactly consider AI. Like now with IAWY versus falcon, things took an unexpected personal turn I guess, one that I would never really find alignment indicative. #411 This read on DZ is pretty underwhelming.
Like yes he says "towny sometimes" while the only positive in my blurb is that he "liked the bluntness" but this really goes nowhere. He goes on to state that several things from IAWY are either NAI or underwhelming. Which has about the same level of neutrality as most of the blurb about me except that he was able to latch onto Chelsea's push.

And spoiler alert, I have not felt good about IAWY either.

Rereading the list most of the other placements make sense but this felt so arbitrary to me. If Cape is mafia and knows I'm not, he knows that I'm usually not a very easy push, but the Chelsea pressure may have opened the door to me being a feasible target.

However the primary thought in my head is actually not the idea that Cape/IAWY are w/w. It's actually that Cape is 3P. Cape may very well actually think I am mafia if so. This is a very egotistical part of the read but it's what led me there -- as mafia he'd be less likely to pressure me, because given my meta/reputation if he knows I'm not mafia I am likely to post myself clear. And he brought up 3P factions which is classically >rand 3p lol. I would generally rather hunt mafia primarily over 3p but with 3 of them I don't think we should gloss over their existence.

Maybe this thoughtdump is all nothing and he's town and I'm hedging on that way more in my head but I wanted to get this out there. The IAWY part is kind of a separate thing I tagged on because I haven't loved his thread position and it could fit. I think both Cape and IAWY are getting townreads for simply writing a lot of words and I want to push back on that.

I don't expect this post to be very popular, I don't have a strong conclusion, he could just be town and this is all spitballing. But fuck it I'm hitting post.
Nobody reads my words and the ones who do don't like them. Anybody volume-clearing me is playing wrong because it's very NAI and are also lazy because they're just assuming that me talking more = me putting in more effort

I just talk a lot haha, and I overexplain myself when other people would use less words and be more concicse. It's a personality quirk, not a townie indication
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:36 pm

Oh.

I … can’t quite tell if it’s game-ending or not, but it’s possible that it could be, so if people don’t want to tell me their roles I guess I understand.

I don’t know if there’s anything to be gleamed from the reactions to me so far. Town and wolves can both go wut
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:43 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:36 pm

Oh.

I … can’t quite tell if it’s game-ending or not, but it’s possible that it could be, so if people don’t want to tell me their roles I guess I understand.

I don’t know if there’s anything to be gleamed from the reactions to me so far. Town and wolves can both go wut
This is a fascinating role, if true. I don't know what to think about it yet.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:32 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:25 pm I’m hoping Strawhenge is town because they are recapping peoples ISOs so I don’t have to read the game.

Mvp
I don't like that strategy.

People can manipulate iso wall post cases to fit their agenda. Not mention things or over mention things or just purposely misread things.

I rather you read the iso themselves.
Yeah I was being sarcastic. I live with too much paranoia to trust other people’s opinion of the game
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Everyone should know you can highlight-quote instead of quoting a long wall only to respond to a tiny portion smh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

If Colin is Running Up That Hill maybe if he guesses someone's role he makes a deal and swaps places with them.

Gambit demon flashbacks
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:46 pm instead of quoting a long wall
but why wouldn't we want to do that?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:50 pm If Colin is Running Up That Hill maybe if he guesses someone's role he makes a deal and swaps places with them.

Gambit demon flashbacks
I am Running Up That Hill but notably Kate Bush cannot make her deal to swap places in the song.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”