House (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
87%

Total votes: 15
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 173

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Night 3]

Post by sig »

Also I’m not sure if I said this in my mega posts but I’m leaning toward the two initially cursed players as civs don’t think mafia would just let that happen to them.

I also think the fact golden tried to grow a wagon on me in part because of my curse is highly sus he was also a later jump onto the Gman wagon so like no civ points there
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Vivax 2.0, Quin, and golden are gonna be my mafia team predications.

No further explanations Will be given, except that I’m seizing control of this train and will now be the town leader all bow before me :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod:
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Elohcin »

Woo-Hoo, I can talk again.

I had a gut feeling about G-Man, but nothing specific to convince myself to suspect him. I think I'm going to start playing with intuition instead.

I was sad to see llama go yesterday.

I voted DH/SVS b/c I had a post all ready to post about his/her possible connection to the off topic green role. I actually started writing it BEFORE I got my PM about being off topic cursed and then couldn't post it.

I am curious to know your thoughts on this post @S~V~S
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:19 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:14 pm Kate is the most suspicious me vote, is what I'll say.
Why?
Because if I were mafia and I had the ability to take out someone's on topic discussions for a whole phase I would not waste it on Kate unless she was my teammate and asked me to do it and I wanted to keep her from being lynched for being inactive.
I can see a mafia DH throwing this theory out there to try and get civs to turn on a civ Kate.

But, alas, I'm behind several pages from not being home today and really need to get some sleep. I look forward to reading the thread tomorrow esp seeing how y'all came to vote sloon and G.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

G-man’s insistence that one of the top posters must be bad felt odd every time he brought it up. It felt even more odd when he narrowed the pool down to just me and golden. I plan on doing my thang with associative reads later.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:24 pm G-man’s insistence that one of the top posters must be bad felt odd every time he brought it up. It felt even more odd when he narrowed the pool down to just me and golden. I plan on doing my thang with associative reads later.
See I’m leaning too agreeing with that he gave a pool of essentially five players that’s a big net to cast and not odd to include a teammate.

The only other theory is it’s the totally opposite and the mafia are all very low posting/inactive. BUT, pursuing this for more than a phase or two is a recipe for town loosing.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 154

Post by S~V~S »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:02 pm Woo-Hoo, I can talk again.

I had a gut feeling about G-Man, but nothing specific to convince myself to suspect him. I think I'm going to start playing with intuition instead.

I was sad to see llama go yesterday.

I voted DH/SVS b/c I had a post all ready to post about his/her possible connection to the off topic green role. I actually started writing it BEFORE I got my PM about being off topic cursed and then couldn't post it.

I am curious to know your thoughts on this post @S~V~S
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:19 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:14 pm Kate is the most suspicious me vote, is what I'll say.
Why?
Because if I were mafia and I had the ability to take out someone's on topic discussions for a whole phase I would not waste it on Kate unless she was my teammate and asked me to do it and I wanted to keep her from being lynched for being inactive.
I can see a mafia DH throwing this theory out there to try and get civs to turn on a civ Kate.

But, alas, I'm behind several pages from not being home today and really need to get some sleep. I look forward to reading the thread tomorrow esp seeing how y'all came to vote sloon and G.
I think he was wrong? I don’t know when he made this post in relation to when he and Kate started their thang, but I disagree. I think Kate, and then you, must have said something to get the baddies attention.

Luckily we don’t have to worry about that particular baddie anymore.

Yay for getting a baddie! Bye G Man.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

Just popped in to see the outcome. Very happy, feels like one successful lynch might break the game open.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:00 pm Also I’m not sure if I said this in my mega posts but I’m leaning toward the two initially cursed players as civs don’t think mafia would just let that happen to them.

I also think the fact golden tried to grow a wagon on me in part because of my curse is highly sus he was also a later jump onto the Gman wagon so like no civ points there
It was not at all ‘because of your curse’ but because you chose to say you wouldn’t contribute because of your curse even though it was self-inflicted.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:57 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:29 pm It's a fun mafia skills contest.
Zero skills here as well, but I have work I should be doing, so why not serve up a distraction. Whatcha got?
NAA unintentionally made G-man drop his V shtick. Do we think that tells us anything about whether or not they are teammates?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Pre-Game Setup]

Post by Sloonei »

Vociferations of G-man: A Study
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:48 pm Very good to see the Oceania contingent checking in.

@Quin- Your post about Sloonei reminded me of your epic performance in Mad Max all those years ago. For a second I misremembered that you and Sloonei dueled it out in grand fashion, but then I recalled that it was you and Dom (why isn't he in this game?) that went toe-to-toe. Sloonei just edged you out by virtue of a lucky protection (provided by LoRab no less, who I haven't seen around here much since that game).

@Golden the Coward- There is a third path for you to take. Just sneak the game in during those few fleeting moments of private time. Your wife and kids will never suspect that you're playing mafia. Mine haven't caught on yet, and I've been doing it for my second kid's entire life. :nicenod:
The first players he addresses in the game are Quin and Golden. My name also comes up, but not as a Player In This Game. He's reminiscing about an old game that he hosted which Quin and I played. It was one of the best games I've ever been a part of on the Syndicate. Look at it. Neither mention here is strictly on-topic. Just banter with a couple Cool Dudes. The Quin blurb might have a little more meat on it, in that G-man is directly bringing up a past scum performance of Quin's. Would he do that to a teammate? Possibly. But also, possibly not. We shall see.

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:40 pm Vanishing off to Disney on Ice soon, so I’m checking in while my family eats lunch (haha, suckers).

Quin wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:07 am
G-Man wrote: Very good to see the Oceania contingent checking in.

@Quin- Your post about Sloonei reminded me of your epic performance in Mad Max all those years ago. For a second I misremembered that you and Sloonei dueled it out in grand fashion, but then I recalled that it was you and Dom (why isn't he in this game?) that went toe-to-toe. Sloonei just edged you out by virtue of a lucky protection (provided by LoRab no less, who I haven't seen around here much since that game).

@Golden the Coward- There is a third path for you to take. Just sneak the game in during those few fleeting moments of private time. Your wife and kids will never suspect that you're playing mafia. Mine haven't caught on yet, and I've been doing it for my second kid's entire life. :nicenod:
Everyone seems to think Mad Max is my apex scum performance. In my opinion, my apex was every other game where I played so horribly I may as well have been. :slick:

Why are you reminded of it?

I remember that Mad Max came down to you vs Sloonei, but my brain short-circuited for a minute and led me to believe that the epic back-and-forth near endgame was you two but then I remembered it was you vs Dom.

fingersplints wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:03 am
Golden wrote: Hi all. In my head I’m gonna do a vomps and post once a day. In reality I’m gonna get super invested and ignore my kids and job.

This is surreal.
I plan to get only mildly invested but still ignore my kids.
This is the way. :srsnod:

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:31 am No aapje game is scuffed
The validity of this post is nullified by the fact that she should be here playing this game with us instead of those new-fangled people.

My votes in D0 poll are:
-Diamond Dog: if you knew him, you’d know why
-SVS: because she’s still probably my favorite baddie teammate of all time.
-Canucklehead: fierce and smart
-Long Con: levity
This is a big post, but the only pertinent part of it is the exchange with Quin. It still tells me very little. It could be a staged casual interaction between two teammates. It does not need to be that.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am Bea: *Lick*
G-Man: *Lick*
Vagrant doctor, why for art hast thou lickest me? Dost thy tongue perceive me in a particular manner?
Perks up at the licking of DrWilgy. Seems confused by the act. I think the double question indicates a bit of anxiety on G's part, suggesting that he's uncomfortable with Wilgy's attention. Early good look for the Doc.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:02 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm I have an idea of who the mafia is, but it's not who I'm voting at the moment. Though, the person I'm voting may also be mafia, who knows.
I do not like this post, nor do I like the vote for Bea. Mind you, I think voting for Bea in general is reasonable because people always tend to trust her, which makes her dangerous on the occasions when she is mafia, but Axey’s vote came without explanation and was a pile on after a (marginally) more justified vote.

Also, why would you not vote for who you think the mafia is?
I’ve learned to just disregard Axe in D1 because he does this as town, mafia, independent and axehole
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:09 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:27 pm That is some effective R o L e F I S h i N g

For anyone who misunderstood my intent.
I understand the concept of throwing out votes in movable-vote games to gauge reactions, but at the same time that can be a cop out way to excuse bad behavior. If you successfully start a wagon with your vote, you get what you want, but if it doesn't take you can just claim it was for role fishing and claim immunity from any criticism. Don't expect me not to evaluate you based on your behavior just because you claim it doesn't mean anything.
Viral infections sometimes have a sweeter disposition than NAA early on in games. It is true that he comes across in the same abrasive manner regardless of alignment. If you play a few games with him, you will either 1) learn to ignore some of his punchier tendencies, or 2) auto-sus him anyway because even though it's NAI, it's also not a reason to NOT sus him. :nicenod:

And let's keep in mind that there is a 3P role out there when we're reading people; we're not just living in a binary system.

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:16 pm
An unserious post can generate serious discussion.
I don't know what to make of you yet. I like that you're constantly in motion, but it's too early to determine if it's just artifice this time around.

Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:05 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:54 pm There would be nothing more ‘classic mafia’ than DF being D1 lynched for low posting.
Hopefully they posts and we can make a read because lynching a low poster at random is a coin flip.
I want to chop a baddie today, but if we have to mischop, then I'd rather we be wrong about a player whose interactions we can parse through for clues than someone who leaves us stranded in a field with a bag of sand to pound.
Another big post. This has more stuff in it.

First is a bit of an inconclusive acknowledgement of NAA's (now Vivax) meta. G-man talks about his abrasiveness, but does not commit to a stance one way or the other here.
Then he offers an unsolicited town read on DH. This seems to have been unprompted and came somewhat out of left field. DH was under no pressure. I'm inclined to read it favorably for DH/SVS. It looks less awkward for Mafia G-man to offer such unsolicited town read on town player than on a partner here.
He ends by responding to Michelle with a semi-relevant philosophy post. Michelle and Golden have a brief exchange about DH, then G-man weighs in with his bit about preferring to target high-volume posters. It hardly constitutes a substantial interaction, but it marks the first G-man/Michelle interaction in the game.

G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:11 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:02 pm [VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine

So many little pings going off, but lacking the theory of mind as a civ and tying yourself up in ‘that’s why you’re bad, actually that makes you civ’ logic is enough for a vote.
I seem to recall baddie Eloh being guilty of being too agreeable. I'm not sure we're seeing the same thing here, coward.
G-man responds to Golden's Eloh vote with some Eloh defense. If they are teammates, this is perhaps a bit more coordinated and subtle for Day 1 distancing than I'd usually expect. Not impossible, but I'm gonna call it unlikely.
For Eloh, this looks bad on the surface. But then, I must also ask if Mafia G-man sticks up for his teammate so directly in the thread here? That might also seem unlikely. I'll keep an eye on this.

G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:15 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:56 pm

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:11 pm Visions of Day 1’s of old are running through my mind. I’m not inclined to just let it go in the undisciplined manner of yesteryear. I need more meat to chew on from everyone first. I’m thankful that my night away coincided with Night 0 instead of the first half of Day 1.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:07 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 pm That being said, I actually think sig coming out and throwing caution to the wind with regards to his spelling and grammar is townie, if not reckless. Could be WIFOM, but that role is incredibly restrictive to my *vibe* which comes with autocorrect errors and incomplete sentences. So I get it.
The grammar police role is mafia. Making typos does not benefit town.
Valid point indeed! But the civvies have an adverb checker, so we should play it old school like when lie detector roles were still in vogue and pressure everyone to post a unique adverb. Anyone who resists must die. :llama:
I agree with what G-man is laying down here.

Adverbs in generaly VASTLY improve communication. They can also HEAVILY color meaning in terms of connoative associations.

(Oh! I almost souned smart up there!)

Vile assertion here, bea. Adverbs are, more often than not, unnecessary, and a sign of a writer who struggles to convey their meaning (or one who seeks to over-convey their meaning, which demeans the intelligence of the reader).

I don't remember your meta like at all beyond the fact that you are sweet and affable like juliets, which makes you dangerous.

(oops- too many tabs open! This was supposed to be posted before that last one. Ah well)
I can easily see this as a mafia interaction. Bea responds to G-man's adverb chatter with some fluff. G responds to her fluff with more fluff. They are acknowledging each other and technically talking about the game, but they are doing so without actually engaging one another in a meaningful way. Bad look for Bea.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:29 pm Very early groupings from a Day 1 dunce:

I'm not inclined to chop anyone with a lower post count than myself, so that means a stay of execution for LoRab, DF, and Kate for now. Let them establish themselves for at least the night phase and we'll see what shakes out.

I feel good about Llama, so he's off the list for now as well. I don't see what some folks are seeing in Eloh (who has been classic mischop bait in the past).

Vivax is shiny and new to me, so I'm inclined to give them the BOTD for now.

I feel like chopping from the top half of the post count will yield the most content to pick through, so that leaves me with a prospective list of Scotty, Sloonei, Golden the Coward, DH, bea, Michelle, and NAA.

Seeing that the Rez Plz event includes only players who die without flipping, I might hesitate to mischop a few of those names because of their potential utility as rezzable civs. I hope that you all can make my decision-making process easier on me by doing things that sort you all out a little more by the time I'm eating my breakfast in the morning.
Hooray for groupings. G-man's "Vote for High-Volume Players" approach means he cannot vote for LoRab (RIP), DF, and Kate. Llama (RIP) gets a town read, and Eloh gets another "I don't see the case" read, but not quite a town read. Vivax1.0 (RIP) gets a pass for being new.
That leaves him with a pool featuring Scotty, myself, Golden, DH/SVS, Bea, Michelle, and NAA/Vivax2.0. That's an awfully wide net, and not a single real suspicion. All of these players are still alive. This list almost certainly includes a teammate or two. By process of elimination, it almost has to. I know it is not me, and I am confident it is not Golden.
G-Man wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:14 pm Voting for Golden the Coward for poopooing on my attempts to sort out game mechanics to the civvies’ advantage. He’s also high post-count, which gives us lots to chew on, right or wrong. His tone is pretty level, but that (along with his posting volume) could be a ploy to place him right at radar level. He’s present, posting, and engaged. At this early stage it’s easy enough to give someone like him a pass for a few days just on those qualities alone.

[VOTE: Golden the Coward] aubergine

I have a meeting tonight that may push right up to eod. I’ll hang around up to the start of the meeting, but I can’t promise that I’ll make it back before the flip.
Confident it's not Golden, you say? Look at G-man over here voting for Golden on Day 1 as if that was a sensible thing to do. I already talked about this post in my previous G-man ISO as one of the main points of suspicion against him. Looking at it now, this looks like an awkward vote where G-man is twisting himself up in knots trying to justify something that has no justification. I think it is a good look for Golden. I would need to look at his reaction to be comfortable saying that, though.
G-Man wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:14 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:12 pm I'm gonna Vote For G-Man

I will be a cold dead son of a bitch before I ever use that fucked up vote tag.
I feel the same way, DH. We shouldn't have to use them in this old school game.
I just vastly miss the ordered voting. It made things so much crunchier. I don’t have the time or energy to sort through that now tho.

If they wanted votes to be unchangeable that would be pretty old school. If we lose that role, you might get your wish tho :noble:

Very true! Losing the accurate vote order wrecks my ability to take my spreadsheet to Nerd Factor 5 and renders me less useful.
Empty Scotty interaction. Noted. Moving on.
G-Man wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:57 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:29 pm It's a fun mafia skills contest.
Zero skills here as well, but I have work I should be doing, so why not serve up a distraction. Whatcha got?
Very interesting. NAA gets G-man to briefly forget his commitment to the letter V. Does this tell us anything about their relationship? It suggests that G-man is responding very naturally without giving it thought. That could suggest that his guard is completely down here, and he is not overly conscious of his interaction with NAA/Vivax. That would be a positive look for the slot. It could also be that he was trying to put on a laid back, nonchalant affect, and went too far. I'm inclined to say this is a very slightly positive look for NAA/Vivax. But I'm gonna toss it out in the thread right now to give it more attention.
G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:03 pm Vanishing for most of the phase was not my intention. Here is a short version of what I have so far:

Several tiers based on participation-

Big Talk- Scotty, Sloonei, Golden coward, DH- I would be shocked if there wasn’t a baddie in that group. Maybe two, but lots of productive chatter for the most part.

Llama in a tier of his own, but I still feel loose llama is good llama.

VivAxe or Viv2.0, Eloh, Michelle, Quin- mixed bag here. Eloh was sussed yesterday, Viv2.0 is a reset and still murky on D1 NAA read, Michelle feels most ambiguous (her posts didn’t make any impression on me), and same goes for Quin. These folks are at radar-level. I need to ISO to see if I detected a skimmer.

Kate, sig, Bea, Wilgy- 1/2 seem off the table today and the sig is less memorable that Wilgy licking everything in sight. Under the radar crew- also need ISOs to find manufactured content.

G-Man, LoRab, DF- low posters. Not ideal to find myself in that camp that must be ‘dealt with’ before too long. I saw points about LR’s evasiveness but I’m not exactly one to harp on that without being a hypocrite just yet. DF… just needs to show up for the weekend and get some content before he becomes an afterthought to everything happening in the present.

I will try to speed read the day and make a vote after I get back from wife’s birthday dinner.

Too many null reads for me right now- not a good look. Need to get my head back in the game and sort out some townclears to help my poe.
More groupings. Scotty, Sloonei, Golden, and DH are in the top tier based purely on volume. G-man arbitrarily suggests that one of us is mafia. Note that this is a different stance than his Day 1 High-Volume-Preference. On Day 1, he preferred to vote for high volume players because their flips would provide us with more information. On Day 2, he has now adopted the opinion that the high volume players certainly contain a mafier. Maybe he's telling us the truth. Maybe he's not. As Day 3 developed, I got the impression that G-man was using this stance in an attempt to sow distrust against the most vocal players in the game.

The middle tier of Vivax, Eloh, Michelle, and Quin get aggressively neutral stances. G-man does little more than list their names here. Now that's a group that likely contains a bad guy.

Kate, Sig, Bea, and Wilgy are similarly glossed over. Sig seems to be the closest thing to a suspect in this quartet. That might be a good look for him.

DF is the only "low poster" left alive here. G-man simply states that he should be more active.

These group read posts made it quite easy for G-man to avoid directly implicating his partners. There are scant details, though. I think sig and wilgy look better than bea and kate, for instance.
G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:52 pm Voting LoRab. DH has been producing content. Another day to evaluate is warranted to see if it holds up. Sorry to tie it up. Not trying to cause chaos this time.

[VOTE: LoRab] aubergine

Let the moderator decide.
When given the opportunity to vote between DH and LoRab, G-man chose LoRab. This was another major point in my case against G: everything he had said and done up to this point suggested that he should have voted for DH here. But he didn't. This is a very bad look for DH/SVS.

And now we're getting into G's big ISO posts on Day 3. It is nearly 2 AM and my eyes are too heavy to sift through those posts. I'll pick this back up tomorrow afternoon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Reads so far based on the above:
Golden looks good.
Wilgy looks good.
Vivax and sig might look slightly good.

Bea looks bad. SVS/DH might look bad. Eloh might look bad.

Inconclusive for everyone else.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:39 pm Random initial thoughts

Major pings for the people who voted/advocates for my lynch when I was cursed and extra eyes for golden trying to nitpick verbiage on me saying cursed.

I’m never going to be super active if I’m cursed since frankly it seems like a waste of time and the majority of people don’t bother to read those posts. It’s just clutter.

So I wrote a giant thing here about how the hosts wouldn’t do that blah blah blah then read this
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:29 pm I'm a dummy.

Srs business:

"Any player who breaks a rule will be insanified the following day"

Bea and DF broke the srs business rule somehow.
SO this makes it even more boggling that Golden would attempt to vote for me and cast shade my way? Like it was pretty clear I wasn’t active jumped in day 3 and was posting. Nobody bothered to call this out for me (especially the people who caught it or were suspecting me should’ve) if anything this actually makes me feel worse about Golden then when I was just reading as I went and thought he was speculating.

And piggybacking on that I’d almost 100% clear Bea and DF for the time being based ONLY off the fact they didn’t vote. I think someone on the mafia team would’ve read that and ensured everyone voted to avoid that.

It seems like he was just trying to find an easy vote/start a counter wagon and that didn’t work so he hopped back into another wagon.

SVS is rewriting my faith in DH slot the main issue I had was the self vote which is why I parked myself their initially.
Not trying to do a DH here, but basically everything you claim I was doing is contradicted by what actually happened.

I never pressed for a vote for you. I pressure voted you to get your head out if your arse and get you to post cursed. It was evident it failed. Waking up to Douche votes on Yu was an unexpected shock. Your ‘noone reads cursed posts’ is weak, and an easy place for mafia to hide, and you don’t get to avoid that scrutiny. Bea managed to contribute, so can you.

But when I actually had time to read some things and read your iso, it looked decent.

There was no grand plan to lead some wagon on you. I even said today based on my availability I was more likely to sheep.

And I didn’t make semantic arguments. I didn’t know whether you’d know why you were cursed. I just asked people whether they thought your knowledge of it was alignment indicative.

Now, a question for you - very basic one. Did you know why you were cursed?
Golden
The Coward

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:04 pm If we murder DFaraday after that I have my crocodile tear gland on the ready
This is an A tier post
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:34 pm I am a confused and no lies feel like any vote I make is rushed and illinformed.

Also i missed why svs voted sloon? It looked in the thread like she sused gman.
Because she can suspect more than one person?

My thoughts have clarified since my first post. I came in not being able to slot Golfen or Sloonei into a civ slot. Since then I feel better about Golden. I feel worse about Sloonei.

The voting was all over the place early on. When someone else voted for Sloonei, maybe Scotty or Vivax, not sure which, so I decided if a strong second train was to form I’d rather have it form on someone I suspected than on any of the others that already had votes. So either way someone I suspected got lynched. Which is what happened.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Golden in your long linki post you said something about bad G Man meta. I had my one bad experience with him in your BSG game. We had a blast becasue we knew we couldn't win lol. We had so much fun, it's my Gold Standard of what BTS should be.

G Man was a very tentative baddie, a very self conscious baddie. When civ he goes in there and does his thing, doesn't care who thinks what of it. He used to do those self imposed restrictions like only posting in poetry or whatever. Civ G Man is exuberant and feels real. He doesn't care what anyone thinks about him. Bad G Man worries ALOT about what people think of him. He's self conscious and it shows. *THIS* G Man didn't feel real, he felt like he was being uber careful. The fact that he would not try to get people to vote for Sloonei makes me feel ways I don't know if I can express. I don't think bad G Man would so obviously save a teammate, if that is what they are. The other option is he was *trying* to paint a huge target on Sloonei by "saving" him. Which is also strange becasue living to fight another day is the baddie way.

Still, that makes much more sense to me, tbh, than such an obvious save, so I am not so sure I am right about Sloonei as I was before the lynch. I can't imagine why any baddie team would allow this to happen. I am conflicted; I still feel like I felt about Sloonei, but am not sure how to process G Man allowing himself to die rather than at least trying to lynch Sloonei.

In your game, as far as I recall, he never interacted directly with me. He never directly cast suspicion on me, and if he had an opinion on me, it was low level negative. Like he would say, in response to someone else, "I think SVS is making me nervous, she always does, she's a great baddie", but he wouldn't say, "SVS is a monster, and here are the posts showing why".

As for your good/bad looks re DH and G Man, I can't answer for him or how others interacted with him. When I volunteered to sub in, I told the hosts I only wanted to sub in as a civvie, since I didn't have the time or head space to be bad; I didn't have time for a chat and a thread. This is just me saying it, no way to prove it, but it's the Gods honest truth. Which you know I don't necessarily take seriously as an oath, but I know YOU do.

You know I am a high level performer, in both thread and chat. That would be too intense for me first game back after a long break. DH and I are similar players in that we are baddie centric. I knew he was a civvie, so I wasn't surprised when he was the one I subbed in for. He's (kinda like me) more a chaos player when civ, and more careful and confident when bad. I can't explain individual actions he took, but I'll try when asked.

It was very unusual for me to come in with a full reads list, civ or bad, and I'll make one again today after work.

@Anyone, can someone tell me how to make myself an ISO link, or make one for me? Or direct me to where it might be on the front page? It's a bitch searching my posts. If someone helps me out, I'll put it in my sig so it's available. Thanks
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:54 am
@Anyone, can someone tell me how to make myself an ISO link, or make one for me? Or direct me to where it might be on the front page? It's a bitch searching my posts. If someone helps me out, I'll put it in my sig so it's available. Thanks
There is a link under your avatar and name.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 49
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:11 am

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Not on phone. And that’s where I am a lot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:13 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:11 am

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Not on phone. And that’s where I am a lot.
I updated the front page to include a link for yours in the players list (next to DH).
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thank you :cloud9:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I don’t need a root canal! According to my new dentist. So there’s that.

Good going fam. GMan was a surefire winner!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Addendum to the post about why G Mans bad team wouldn’t try to lynch someone else.

This is driving me nuts. I’m trying to figure out why a bad team wouldn’t try to start a third wagon if both Sloon and G were bad, or try harder to pile on Sloonei if only G was bad.

Maybe he was alone, or only had one teammate there? Like others were low posters or had time zone issues?

Because I’ve been playing Mafia a long time and have never seen a baddie with an alternative train do … nothing. I’m spitballing about maybe low posters etc because I just don’t understand Gs behavior there.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I understand the desire to write off GMan voters or at least give them credit, but I think context is important. When I get back from dentist I’ll look at timing, but I’d hazard to guess that mafia are on his wagon. Putting the initial votes and not moving are probably the best look. Halfway through the day, I remember reading GMan throwing in comments into his wall posts like ‘I know some of you will continue to snicker at my futile attempt to live’ which is a blatant rolling over and waiting for the train. Based on that, I’d be looking at players that joined it later.

Oh, and this is all assuming Sloonei is civ…which isn’t a given yet, mind you.

Sloonei is a player that I already talked about before I left before deadline that conspicuously jumped ship from GMan even though he kept saying he could still vote there. I’m at least partially guilty of this too, as I didn’t get a chance to come on in the last 5 hours of the day, hence leaving my vote on Sloonei. But his jump onto Vivax to…get him talking as a pressure vote (I guess?) amounted to nothing, and his talking points dissolved into non confident reads like ‘GMan I guess is my biggest suspect right now’ but if I recall, this was more hindsight, back end of the day reads. I don’t want to make revisionist history, so I’ll have to go back and check those, but that’s how I was viewing his play. I feel like I had a hawk eye for Sloonei that back half of the day.

He may just be civ, in which case, the worldview should shift to using his reads as a resource. I just feel like until GMan flipped, Sloonei’s reads have been mostly nebulous, and fishing for someone else to make a stronger stance.

In other news, that bea vote tho

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am Addendum to the post about why G Mans bad team wouldn’t try to lynch someone else.

This is driving me nuts. I’m trying to figure out why a bad team wouldn’t try to start a third wagon if both Sloon and G were bad, or try harder to pile on Sloonei if only G was bad.

Maybe he was alone, or only had one teammate there? Like others were low posters or had time zone issues?

Because I’ve been playing Mafia a long time and have never seen a baddie with an alternative train do … nothing. I’m spitballing about maybe low posters etc because I just don’t understand Gs behavior there.
Why can’t I just be town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Y’all really like pretzels, don’t you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:13 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am Addendum to the post about why G Mans bad team wouldn’t try to lynch someone else.

Why can’t I be a professional basketball player?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:15 am Y’all really like pretzels, don’t you?
my dentist says I need to avoid hard foods like pretzels for about 2 weeks

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:13 am

Read again, one scenario is if you’re civ. But I don’t understand why a baddie team wouldn’t try harder to lynch you. The possibility that they weren’t there actually works better if you are civ. In my bigger posted reply to Golden above I said this result made me question my certainty re your alignment.

Whether you are or not, I don’t understand what happened, it makes no sense to me. And it made no sense while it was happening.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Yes, this makes sense. Thinking back on g-man's play, it seems like he was doing just enough to try to get by trying to look civ without rocking the boat too much to gain suspicion. As if he were going it pretty much alone and trying to hold it all together. This doesn't help alleviate my gut suspicion of DH, now SVS. And neither does SVS' lack of voting Gman. I don't know why I can't shake it. Does ANYone else feel the same way?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:38 am

Yes, this makes sense. Thinking back on g-man's play, it seems like he was doing just enough to try to get by trying to look civ without rocking the boat too much to gain suspicion. As if he were going it pretty much alone and trying to hold it all together. This doesn't help alleviate my gut suspicion of DH, now SVS. And neither does SVS' lack of voting Gman. I don't know why I can't shake it. Does ANYone else feel the same way?
Not only did SVS not vote G-man, but G-man also performed a lovely mental gymnastics routine to avoid voting for DH the day before.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

I don't. She's got her kid gloves on in a sense, when it comes to Bea, but bea is looking more and more bad to me and svs noticed that right away. If she were bad, I believe she'd shy away from accusing bea at all. Also, she can read me like a newspaper, and I've never seen a bad svs defend a civ me as well as she has here.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:23 am
Maybe you should also stop trying to twist yourself into knots then!

Boom, roasted
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:42 am

Not only did SVS not vote G-man, but G-man also performed a lovely mental gymnastics routine to avoid voting for DH the day before.
I actually was the first to vote G Man, and I switched to Sloonei to get a wagon going on a second person I suspected instead of letting it form on someone I didn’t.

I’m definitely not G Mans teammate, and neither was DH. I have no clue why G didn’t vote for DH.

In any case in my first big post I said I thought G was shady. So you can believe it, or not, but I’m civ.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

:ponder:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:56 am

I actually was the first to vote G Man, and I switched to Sloonei to get a wagon going on a second person I suspected instead of letting it form on someone I didn’t.

I’m definitely not G Mans teammate, and neither was DH. I have no clue why G didn’t vote for DH.

In any case in my first big post I said I thought G was shady. So you can believe it, or not, but I’m civ.
I was the first to vote for G-man, actually. I voted the instant the poll opened.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why was I a better option than G-man?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:57 am

:ponder:
What do you think of sloonei?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, and fwiw, Sloon, I still think you could be bad and this overt “No U” isn’t helping. Eloh I think is a civ, and I’ve thought so since I first came in thread.

Civs dont have to be all kumbaya all the time, but I’d appreciate it if you’d read my posts (see I really AM replacing DH).

I plan on revising my player standings before end of night, finishing my read if Michelle, and starting a read of Quin.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:00 pm Ebwop, and fwiw, Sloon, I still think you could be bad and this overt “No U” isn’t helping. Eloh I think is a civ, and I’ve thought so since I first came in thread.

Civs dont have to be all kumbaya all the time, but I’d appreciate it if you’d read my posts (see I really AM replacing DH).

I plan on revising my player standings before end of night, finishing my read if Michelle, and starting a read of Quin.
This is not a “No U”. I have been expressing suspicion of your slot since Day 2. It was heightened by G-man’s flip. Maybe we should read each other’s posts. For now, I just want to know what caused you to choose to vote for me over G-man in the moment yesterday.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:59 am Why was I a better option than G-man?
I am feeling DH the more I play this game.

Just this morning I said that I did not feel any of the other possible wagons forming, and when someone else voted for you, I moved my vote so if there were two wagons, they would both be people I suspected.

That’s why you. I suspected you. I felt if I helped form a second wagon on someone I suspected, then someone I suspected was bound to be lynched.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And yeah, it is No U, since you’ve expressed suspicion of pretty much everyone lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:04 pm

Just this morning I said that I did not feel any of the other possible wagons forming, and when someone else voted for you, I moved my vote so if there were two wagons, they would both be people I suspected.

That’s why you. I suspected you. I felt if I helped form a second wagon on someone I suspected, then someone I suspected was bound to be lynched.
Why was it important to have two options when you were okay with the first option?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:05 pm And yeah, it is No U, since you’ve expressed suspicion of pretty much everyone lol
I am leaving now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:50 am

I don't. She's got her kid gloves on in a sense, when it comes to Bea, but bea is looking more and more bad to me and svs noticed that right away. If she were bad, I believe she'd shy away from accusing bea at all. Also, she can read me like a newspaper, and I've never seen a bad svs defend a civ me as well as she has here.
I was getting bad feelings about Bea as well, but writing them off bc Bea somehow thought Day 1 ended after only 24 hours. I thought if she really made this mistake, then she must not have a baddie team to ask/rely on. However, if the baddies are low posters, and G-man was not around, it would make sense that she could still have thought this while being all on her own even in BTSC. So, I suppose that if Bea is bad, SVS isn't.

As for sloonei, I have kind-of suspected him all game. I haven't played in so long, I'm having a hard time trusting my own suspicions.

I second the question to SVS as to why it was important to have two wagons.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:35 am
sig wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:39 pm Random initial thoughts

Major pings for the people who voted/advocates for my lynch when I was cursed and extra eyes for golden trying to nitpick verbiage on me saying cursed.

I’m never going to be super active if I’m cursed since frankly it seems like a waste of time and the majority of people don’t bother to read those posts. It’s just clutter.

So I wrote a giant thing here about how the hosts wouldn’t do that blah blah blah then read this
Golden wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:29 pm I'm a dummy.

Srs business:

"Any player who breaks a rule will be insanified the following day"

Bea and DF broke the srs business rule somehow.
SO this makes it even more boggling that Golden would attempt to vote for me and cast shade my way? Like it was pretty clear I wasn’t active jumped in day 3 and was posting. Nobody bothered to call this out for me (especially the people who caught it or were suspecting me should’ve) if anything this actually makes me feel worse about Golden then when I was just reading as I went and thought he was speculating.

And piggybacking on that I’d almost 100% clear Bea and DF for the time being based ONLY off the fact they didn’t vote. I think someone on the mafia team would’ve read that and ensured everyone voted to avoid that.

It seems like he was just trying to find an easy vote/start a counter wagon and that didn’t work so he hopped back into another wagon.

SVS is rewriting my faith in DH slot the main issue I had was the self vote which is why I parked myself their initially.
Not trying to do a DH here, but basically everything you claim I was doing is contradicted by what actually happened.

I never pressed for a vote for you. I pressure voted you to get your head out if your arse and get you to post cursed. It was evident it failed. Waking up to Douche votes on Yu was an unexpected shock. Your ‘noone reads cursed posts’ is weak, and an easy place for mafia to hide, and you don’t get to avoid that scrutiny. Bea managed to contribute, so can you.

But when I actually had time to read some things and read your iso, it looked decent.

There was no grand plan to lead some wagon on you. I even said today based on my availability I was more likely to sheep.

And I didn’t make semantic arguments. I didn’t know whether you’d know why you were cursed. I just asked people whether they thought your knowledge of it was alignment indicative.

Now, a question for you - very basic one. Did you know why you were cursed?
Nope. I assumed the Vomp role cursed me as was the running theory last time I checked in.

And it kinda is a semantic argument if you’re saying I wasn’t “cursed” but punished like it’s still a curse.

Also I’ll go to my grave saying this you can’t be a productive player in thread if your cursed with anything. And trying to be so shouldn’t give you civ points if anything it’s more scummy then just dipping
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kate wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:50 am

This is exactly my thought.

In a world where Sloonei is civ, bea voting not only to tie the game with a self-professed poor read on the game at large, but to potentially save GMan is a double red flag.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:15 pm I can see early game reasons why one might feel that way and have before. I think DH was there in frustration before he subbed out. But I tend to agree wirh you on that point viv.
This is responding to Viv’s comment that a civ should never be fine getting miselimmed, which is what GMan was doing.
Then, 20 minutes later:
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:34 pm I am a confused and no lies feel like any vote I make is rushed and illinformed.

Also i missed why svs voted sloon? It looked in the thread like she sused gman.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:35 pm Dgoing with the tie. I hope rev knows better than i do. :(
Nothing in that progression makes sense. Does a civ bea have to make sense? No, but I’d expect a better explanation for doing 2 nakedly hedgey and scummy things.

bea is mafia for these actions alone.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:54 am If someone helps me out, I'll put it in my sig so it's available. Thanks[/ped][/size]

I don’t recall belonging to you SVS buuuuut guess I could do alot worse so as you are. :p
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also! If bea is bad, SVS looks even better for her unprompted remarks earlier in the day casting doubt on civ bea

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:06 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:04 pm

Why was it important to have two options when you were okay with the first option?
I have to explain this? I wanted to lynch a baddie. If I think two people are bad and they both have strong wagons, a civ can’t accidentally be lynched. I wanted to head off a civ wagon.

Also I hope I did not offend you, it wasn’t my intention. I was just stating my belief. I’ll pull back off of that.

Linki @ sig :haha:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I also suspect Michelle, fwiw. But it is hard because I've never played with her before. And she does fit the low poster theory.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:53 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:23 am
Maybe you should also stop trying to twist yourself into knots then!

Boom, roasted

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”