87%

Total votes: 15
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Vivax »

Can't really blame Sloonei for pushing me if mafia, but it rubs me the wrong way if he thinks I'm the easiest mislim and I don't really get the oomph vibe that makes me think he takes his own read seriously. Still want to give him the 'day off' for the G-Man vote, but meh. My ego demands I quote these posts.
Spoiler: show
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:14 pm LoRab gets Botd for busy claims. But there's a bunch of those about.

Kate goes to town after an ISO, but I'm not a fan of limming Scotty today. Think he's town now.

Golden and Sloonei on P5 stick out to me somewhat. Golden for townread on Fingersplints after dropping a vote on Sloonei. Sloonei for quickly dropping a few posts after Finger did that.
Mostly though I get associative vibes around there, maybe cause they didn't interact with each other much.
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:15 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Consider this a delayed Omgus if you will
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:42 pm If you want to be taken seriously, now's the time.

Mostly interested into your takes on Bea, Eloh, Golden. The latter had a period of regular relaxed posting that briefly flashed town to me, but again something felt off on P5 on my latest reread.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:56 pm @Vivax why were those three names (bea, eloh, golden) important to you?
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by Vivax »

I'll say that anyone seriously considering me as mafia should have at least placed the question into the room: Where did my suspicion of bea go when I decided to vote DF instead ?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:46 am I'll say that anyone seriously considering me as mafia should have at least placed the question into the room: Where did my suspicion of bea go when I decided to vote DF instead ?
Did it go anywhere?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Golden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:47 am
Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:46 am I'll say that anyone seriously considering me as mafia should have at least placed the question into the room: Where did my suspicion of bea go when I decided to vote DF instead ?
Did it go anywhere?
Can't deny that sometimes my thoughts grow legs and run off in mafia games.

Is this bea suspicion still with us in the room right now? Yessir
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:48 am I only caught one voting with me on the garbo wagon that I‘m on, Sloonei still only seems to spot me on the playerlist which is unfortunate.

Ah well
You are like if rabbit was doing an impression of me.

I like you a lot, but I think it’s funny that you and I made the exact same move.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:49 am
Did it go anywhere?

Did you expect anyone would doubt it?

What’s interesting to me is that I got several questions directed at me about why I suspected DF *most* or *more* than others but it sounds like, from what you’re saying, you didn’t get those same questions.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:39 pm Also, @Golden how strong of a town read on sloonie do you have? If your strongly leaning civ, do you have any explanation as to gman's bizarre exit? @sloonei, I'd love to hear what you think about this as well.

Golden, I saw you mentioned me upthread. You, of all players, in this specific game I thought would know I'm civ and would even guess my role. I think if you read the posts, you'll see that it's in there.
Ok, so I read back and found something and… facepalm moment… I had seen it before and noticed it then but because it was while I was very busy it hasn’t stuck in my brain. Day 3/night 3 were a write off in terms of retention.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Golden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:53 am
Did it go anywhere?

What’s interesting to me is that I got several questions directed at me about why I suspected DF *most* or *more* than others but it sounds like, from what you’re saying, you didn’t get those same questions.
I really didn't. You are more familiar with each other so it's understandable. And I often like to put on an awful cover, or maybe I'm too lazy to create a proper avi instead of the next best meme I can find.
I played mafia for years at teamliquid and it's a starcraft forum where no one has custom avi's. While playing offsite it really baffled me how susceptible we are to take the avatar into consideration when we read players in mafia games. But that's just human nature I guess.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, I just isoed Kate and even putting aside the post I just made, I also feel like the thread all feels like civ Kate too. And it reminded me of how happy playing with Kate has always made me :hug:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:04 am
Did it go anywhere?

I really didn't. You are more familiar with each other so it's understandable. And I often like to put on an awful cover, or maybe I'm too lazy to create a proper avi instead of the next best meme I can find.
I played mafia for years at teamliquid and it's a starcraft forum where no one has custom avi's. While playing offsite it really baffled me how susceptible we are to take the avatar into consideration when we read players in mafia games. But that's just human nature I guess.
I suppose it’s true in that questions came from people who indicated an expectation I’d have a strong meta read on DF.

Which, tbh, I don’t.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

[VOTE: Bea] aubergine

Bea has entered antispew and it’s clear to me that forming a meaningful counterwagon to catch mafia who might try to save her has failed.

For the future, I do think it’s worthwhile people keeping in mind that voting in a game with changeable votes is not necessarily equivalent to having suspicion, and that it’s freaking hard to create viable counterwagons for mafia to jump on and expose themselves when people jump to conclusions. This is how bea was caught to begin with.

It’s good to ask me why I voted somewhere. It’s more challenging if the rationale for my vote (some kind of deep suspicion) is assumed. I’m always good at explaining my votes eventually. It would have been nice if there’d been some time where the mafia could believe my vote might stay on DF today. Never mind.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And oh duck I’m doing the preaching golden thing I’m trying to avoid and I’m sorry
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That wasn’t a bullsuit moment. Duck was a typo.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 154

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:10 am
Did it go anywhere?

I suppose it’s true in that questions came from people who indicated an expectation I’d have a strong meta read on DF.

Which, tbh, I don’t.
@Vivax I love your avatar, when my Dad was younger he looked like Scarface era Pacino, so I always like me a good Pacino picture!

When we were in early days here, before the RYM influx, some of us were visiting various sites and playing there, looking for recruits. I played at this one site where I questioned them for lynching a low poster Day One, instead of trying harder to find suspects, and they lynched me instead :fist:

Apparently voting low posters Day One was their norm unless there was a red flag. I was the flag. I loathe default low poster voting, and I tend to find people pushing for low posters suspicious. But it would seem that that is not universally the case.

I don't know Vivax, and I can't get a grip on his game. He often seems to be on the same page as me, then he says/does something I don't understand. In which case I back away and watch more. Which is the lesson I took from that other site (I think it was Medieval or King Arthur themed, something like that). Everyone does things differently, give strangers some room, and try to understand them (things which those Arthurians did not do for me :pout: ) I expect the same courtesy be extended to me to some extent, but I'm a hybrid. I was the second member, and I was Admin here for several years. Now I'm a flitter in and out, who plays a game or two a year, and I would say the majority of the active players never "met" me. I also have troubles discerning humor coming from people I don't know. Not always sure if kidding or not, like Vivax' murder/crocodile tears post. I spent way more time than was healthy trying to decide if that was a joke or a chat room slip.

So maybe voting low posters is the norm in Vivaxville :shrug:

So yes, Golden, I would not expect this vote from you, but I am thinking of the you you were several years ago. You might be a different you today. So when you got huffy and indignant at being challenged, I backed off, becasue that was a Golden I knew. I was a bit more :confused: at Quin inserting himself into the discussion. The attorney comment was on one had a joke aimed at you, but I also was trying to figure out why he swooped in when he did and got involved in that discussion in the first place. It was facetious more so than trying to put you together, if you get my meaning.

Golden, one question, re Sloonei. If not for that role slot, would you feel differently? Because I also thought of G Man trying to set Sloonei up for a lynch as a possible reasoning behind his behavior. But it really looked to me like G Man committed suicide, he didn't even try to live at any point after Sloonei started taking votes. At the point where it was tied, even a civvie saving themself would move their vote. He never even did that.

It really looked like suicide, and I know G Man doesn't love being bad, but I can't ever see him suiciding like that for no reason. And I really am having a problem finding a reason for that in a world where Sloonei is a civ. From a baddie viewpoint, why would they sacrifice 1/4 of their strength to save a strong civ player like Sloonei?

Also while looking for smilies I found this guy! I used to love him! :derp:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop,

"The attorney comment was on one HAND a joke aimed at you, but I also was trying to figure out why he swooped in when he did and got involved in that discussion in the first place. It was facetious OF ME, more so than trying to put you together, if you get my meaning.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:46 am
Did it go anywhere?

Which, tbh, I don’t.
@Vivax I love your avatar, when my Dad was younger he looked like Scarface era Pacino, so I always like me a good Pacino picture!

When we were in early days here, before the RYM influx, some of us were visiting various sites and playing there, looking for recruits. I played at this one site where I questioned them for lynching a low poster Day One, instead of trying harder to find suspects, and they lynched me instead :fist:

Apparently voting low posters Day One was their norm unless there was a red flag. I was the flag. I loathe default low poster voting, and I tend to find people pushing for low posters suspicious. But it would seem that that is not universally the case.

I don't know Vivax, and I can't get a grip on his game. He often seems to be on the same page as me, then he says/does something I don't understand. In which case I back away and watch more. Which is the lesson I took from that other site (I think it was Medieval or King Arthur themed, something like that). Everyone does things differently, give strangers some room, and try to understand them (things which those Arthurians did not do for me :pout: ) I expect the same courtesy be extended to me to some extent, but I'm a hybrid. I was the second member, and I was Admin here for several years. Now I'm a flitter in and out, who plays a game or two a year, and I would say the majority of the active players never "met" me. I also have troubles discerning humor coming from people I don't know. Not always sure if kidding or not, like Vivax' murder/crocodile tears post. I spent way more time than was healthy trying to decide if that was a joke or a chat room slip.

So yes, Golden, I would not expect this vote from you, but I am thinking of the you you were several years ago. You might be a different you today. So when you got huffy and indignant at being challenged, I backed off, becasue that was a Golden I knew. I was a bit more :confused: at Quin inserting himself into the discussion. The attorney comment was on one had a joke aimed at you, but I also was trying to figure out why he swooped in when he did and got involved in that discussion in the first place. It was facetious more so than trying to put you together, if you get my meaning.

Golden, one question, re Sloonei. If not for that role slot, would you feel differently? Because I also thought of G Man trying to set Sloonei up for a lynch as a possible reasoning behind his behavior. But it really looked to me like G Man committed suicide, he didn't even try to live at any point after Sloonei started taking votes. At the point where it was tied, even a civvie saving themself would move their vote. He never even did that.

It really looked like suicide, and I know G Man doesn't love being bad, but I can't ever see him suiciding like that for no reason. And I really am having a problem finding a reason for that in a world where Sloonei is a civ. From a baddie viewpoint, why would they sacrifice 1/4 of their strength to save a strong civ player like Sloonei?

I picked up the role hint from Sloonei so early that I haven’t been able to divorce the two, and I’ll admit I haven’t done any deep dive on Sloonei.

But I do feel confident I’m right on this one.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:50 am ebwop,

"The attorney comment was on one HAND a joke aimed at you, but I also was trying to figure out why he swooped in when he did and got involved in that discussion in the first place. It was facetious OF ME, more so than trying to put you together, if you get my meaning.
Quin is a bea counterwagon I could get behind.

Him swooping in at the same time I did and echoing what I said was freaky. And I found the attorney thing not only funny but also kinda accurate.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

As much as I am espousing counterwagons as a town move because you can catch mafia when the vote is close, I also think there’s a mafia mindset that can lead you to the same place, which is literally trying to save teammate bea.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, yes I have changed or at least I’m trying to change. I’d like to be less abrasive than I used to be, more fun. Less likely to tunnel people all the way to the centre of the earth, more likely to let other people have their space in the thread and not consume so much of the air.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

SVS, I finally *get* your perspective on Sloonei. As in, why you feel so strongly about it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So let me say, I could absolutely be wrong about Sloonei. I believe in my read, but I’m not trying to say ‘I’m right, you’re wrong.’ I’ll try and find you an exchange I had with Sloonei earlier that really solidified it for me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:56 am

Did it go anywhere?

Which, tbh, I don’t.

I picked up the role hint from Sloonei so early that I haven’t been able to divorce the two, and I’ll admit I haven’t done any deep dive on Sloonei.

But I do feel confident I’m right on this one.
I understand your confidence, and where it's coming from. But but but ....

But if they had managed to lynch Sloonei that day rather than setting him up for a future lynch (presupposing him a civ) , we would be lynching G Man now.

Strong civ Sloonei would be out of their faces, they would have gotten to OT someone for another day, I can't see the positive for the baddies of G Man sacrificing himself that way. I mean,, "We can lynch Sloonei now, and all be alive another day" OR "We can sacrifice one of our number for the possibility of casting suspish on and then lynching Sloonei at a later date". The second scenario is hard for me to swallow, or even grasp. TBH.

linki lol have a good day, I'm gone.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Question… if you’re so passionate Sloonei is bad, what’s the basis for your bea vote? Surely in a world where g-man suicided to save baddie Sloonei, bea voting Sloonei could ruin that plan.

I see bea as bad because I see Sloonei as town.

Conversely, is it possible g didn’t try to suicide, he just tried to use bea to achieve the save?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I saw bea as bad for other reasons before the G Man lynch. She was my first vote that day.

And I am not *sure* I am just having problems reconciling what happened in there with what I know about bad teams (and I am baddie centric as you know; I'm a much better baddie thinker than a civvie one). Before that, my thoughts on Sloonei were more based on tone and overall gestalt, he was wishy, he was washy. He just didn't feel town to me. I was vibing with Scotty quite a bit, and when he voted Sloonei, I decided to go for it.

But I could have let that go post lynch if G Man had even made an effort. That really blew my mind, and like I said yesterday, i can't wait for post game to hear what G Man says about all of that. Gotta go take a shower Bye!!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But yeah, @Golden I hadn't looked at it that way, if bea was trying to save G Man, why vote Sloonei? Yikes. My brain is frying.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, "Why vote Sloonei if they're all bad together?" That would make no sense either.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Did it go anywhere?

Which, tbh, I don’t.

That's reassuring thanks! I was afraid of coming across as too edgy with it. I believed it to be funny with the local Austrian bakery shopped in and being known for streaks of slight insanity on my old community, and I'm a sucker for some movies and music from the 80s. Will still change it at some point probably.
I also believe that -as social experiment- if you filled a game with accounts whose avis all looked angry, you'd end up with an angry thread. Maybe a fun idea for a setup called emotion mafia or something.

That said, I can't shrug off that Sloonei + Golden having more or less the same avi colour also influenced me into thinking they could be mates. Which is not a theory I would currently blindly subscribe to as it's not a very smart thing to do while we await new flip information. Feelin' it in my bones that at least one of them is town, worth pointing out that Quin suggested the pairing today and while I currently hold a townread on Quin, I'll have to do a reread anyway and see if the conclusion remains the same.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

We had a Deniro Mafia where all the civvies were various Deniro characters, and iirc at least one of the baddies was Pacino. The donuts in your pic make what could be a menacing pic look fun.

And yeah, on phone Sloonei and Goldens avis DO blend together. That could be part of the reason those two were blending together for me when I first got here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:39 am Can't really blame Sloonei for pushing me if mafia, but it rubs me the wrong way if he thinks I'm the easiest mislim and I don't really get the oomph vibe that makes me think he takes his own read seriously. Still want to give him the 'day off' for the G-Man vote, but meh. My ego demands I quote these posts.
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:14 pm LoRab gets Botd for busy claims. But there's a bunch of those about.

Kate goes to town after an ISO, but I'm not a fan of limming Scotty today. Think he's town now.

Golden and Sloonei on P5 stick out to me somewhat. Golden for townread on Fingersplints after dropping a vote on Sloonei. Sloonei for quickly dropping a few posts after Finger did that.
Mostly though I get associative vibes around there, maybe cause they didn't interact with each other much.
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:15 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Consider this a delayed Omgus if you will
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:42 pm If you want to be taken seriously, now's the time.

Mostly interested into your takes on Bea, Eloh, Golden. The latter had a period of regular relaxed posting that briefly flashed town to me, but again something felt off on P5 on my latest reread.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:56 pm @Vivax why were those three names (bea, eloh, golden) important to you?
G-man handled your slot with extreme kid gloves and never said a meaningful word about you in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DrWilgy »

Only alternative wagons I'd except today are Quin/Vivax fwiw
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Svs - i will settle for a cppy of ypur cheesecake recipie. My old copy got lost in the house move shuffle.

Sorry I played like crap this game guys!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

bea wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:44 am Svs - i will settle for a cppy of ypur cheesecake recipie. My old copy got lost in the house move shuffle.

Die cute kitten thing die!

Then I shall consume.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[VOTE: Vivax] aubergine
Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:04 am
Kate wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:39 pm Also, @Golden how strong of a town read on sloonie do you have? If your strongly leaning civ, do you have any explanation as to gman's bizarre exit? @sloonei, I'd love to hear what you think about this as well.

Golden, I saw you mentioned me upthread. You, of all players, in this specific game I thought would know I'm civ and would even guess my role. I think if you read the posts, you'll see that it's in there.
Ok, so I read back and found something and… facepalm moment… I had seen it before and noticed it then but because it was while I was very busy it hasn’t stuck in my brain. Day 3/night 3 were a write off in terms of retention.
:hugs:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:30 am ebwop, "Why vote Sloonei if they're all bad together?" That would make no sense either.
Let's not forget that that they probably knew one of their votes didn't count.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Posts like the following are why I want Vivax to be looked at more closely:
G-Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:03 pm Vanishing for most of the phase was not my intention. Here is a short version of what I have so far:

Several tiers based on participation-

Big Talk- Scotty, Sloonei, Golden coward, DH- I would be shocked if there wasn’t a baddie in that group. Maybe two, but lots of productive chatter for the most part.

Llama in a tier of his own, but I still feel loose llama is good llama.

VivAxe or Viv2.0, Eloh, Michelle, Quin- mixed bag here. Eloh was sussed yesterday, Viv2.0 is a reset and still murky on D1 NAA read, Michelle feels most ambiguous (her posts didn’t make any impression on me), and same goes for Quin. These folks are at radar-level. I need to ISO to see if I detected a skimmer.

Kate, sig, Bea, Wilgy- 1/2 seem off the table today and the sig is less memorable that Wilgy licking everything in sight. Under the radar crew- also need ISOs to find manufactured content.

G-Man, LoRab, DF- low posters. Not ideal to find myself in that camp that must be ‘dealt with’ before too long. I saw points about LR’s evasiveness but I’m not exactly one to harp on that without being a hypocrite just yet. DF… just needs to show up for the weekend and get some content before he becomes an afterthought to everything happening in the present.

I will try to speed read the day and make a vote after I get back from wife’s birthday dinner.

Too many null reads for me right now- not a good look. Need to get my head back in the game and sort out some townclears to help my poe.
G-Man wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:42 pm
Variations on a Read List, Part 1
by G-Man
Still a Null Read (And That Needs To Change)
-DFaraday
-VivAxe

Note- this category is not the bad list. It's just null, existing outside of reads and vibes.

DF hasn't posted much at all. As with LoRab, I'm not in good standing to bash low-posters, but it's troublesome for me. I can't get a read on you if you don't post. I think we have better points of discussion that are active right now, but I hate that lingering concern about a low-participation player becoming an easy target if we screw up D3 and get desperate.

VivAxe is still tricky for me. I tend to just shrug Axe off on D1's, so his departure leaves me with a day of nothingness on that slot. Vivax replaced in, but Vivax is new to me, so that compounds the nullness of it all. An ISO of D2 content should help move VivAxe into another category.
G-Man wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:14 am Various read on the other manageable ISO's:
NAA/Vivax 2.0:
NAA is a bit cryptic, holds his cards close to the vest, and is punchy-awkward. He stirs the pot and then claims rolefishing. I've grown used to just looking past NAA on D1's that I feel nothing from his ISO. Vivax 2.0, however, is a different story. While I am still trying to get a feel for this ne-to-me player, they're chugging along at their own pace and producing content. Their reads differ quite a bit from mine in places, but it's okay to live outside of an echo chamber in this game. Let's see where this one goes.

Votes: Eloh D1, Quin D2
G-man's handling of this slot never amounted to anything more than :shrug:

Vivax2.0 provided more than enough content for G-man to get a read on him. This is especially concerning if we consider that G-man should have been on the hunt for mischop candidates in the latter stages of his ISO. It certainly looks like that's what he was doing with DF and perhaps Wilgy, for instance. But with Vivax, he repeatedly says absolutely nothing, and it gives the impression that he was overly self-conscious about saying anything at all about this player.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Golden @Sloonei @Kate vote Vivax you perfect little Angels who taste of sweet licorice.
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Golden wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:29 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:15 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:07 pm Two days in a row I plant counterwagon votes and the person I vote no u’s me.

Like, I have thoughts. Some of them are ‘if you’re town, can’t you get on board with subtext’ thoughts. Others are ‘if you’re bad, am I putting you under pressure’ thoughts.

But my main thought is what I said to svs yesterday. I would have ultimately voted to save Sloonei if needed (and kinda did) but bea is ‘winning’ the poll today and seems to have gone into antispew because Sloonei, someone who I think is civ, is a viable counter option.

I believe in being accountable for how you vote and use an explanation, but I think it’s problematic (and this goes beyond myself, it’s problematic on a level of solving the game well), if people are discouraged for voting in ways that create pressure and the opportunity for mafia to show themselves, for me that’s a net negative to the town.
If Bea is outed wolf there is not much to say.
I play usually at MU where the day ends in most of the games when majority is reached. Often town forces the majj to end the day in such cases.
The MU hammers are not my favourite. But the last time I played there I was mafia and manipulated a couple of hammers to my ends to win.

There’s a philosophical thing going on here about the purpose of a vote that I find frustrating but it also feeds in to why I like non-changeable votes to begin with.
I never played with locked votes except lylo and I would probably adapt to it.
Seems less fun tbh
Golden wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:30 pm Also, hi Michelle. I don’t think I’ve interacted with you before. Maybe on say one, but if so I don’t remember. Nice to meet you, to me you are a vacuum in my reads and I intend to change that.
Hi ^^
Vacuum is a way to say you don't have a read for me, right? When you reach a conclusion ping me with it.

Maybe you talked about and I didn't read, what's your Poe?

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: vivax] aubergine
Doctor's orders
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Am I red or black licorice?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:20 pm @Golden @Sloonei @Kate vote Vivax you perfect little Angels who taste of sweet licorice.
I'm going to reread that post about him above and I want to hear wat @Golden and @S~V~S think first. I'm not saying no, but I have to think about it.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:20 pm @Golden @Sloonei @Kate vote Vivax you perfect little Angels who taste of sweet licorice.
Do you need more help with that?
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:46 am
bea wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:44 am Svs - i will settle for a cppy of ypur cheesecake recipie. My old copy got lost in the house move shuffle.

Die cute kitten thing die!

Then I shall consume.
You took it to the next level :huh:

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I should also be clear that I am not done looking at people's interactions with G-man. My current Vivax suspicion exists entirely because of the way G-man interacted with him. I have not looked at Vivax's interactions with G-man. Or most of the remaining players' interactions with G. So while I stand by the reads I have right now, my view of the game is still a work in progress.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I will not be voting vivax.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Michelle wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:22 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:29 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:15 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:07 pm Two days in a row I plant counterwagon votes and the person I vote no u’s me.

Like, I have thoughts. Some of them are ‘if you’re town, can’t you get on board with subtext’ thoughts. Others are ‘if you’re bad, am I putting you under pressure’ thoughts.

But my main thought is what I said to svs yesterday. I would have ultimately voted to save Sloonei if needed (and kinda did) but bea is ‘winning’ the poll today and seems to have gone into antispew because Sloonei, someone who I think is civ, is a viable counter option.

I believe in being accountable for how you vote and use an explanation, but I think it’s problematic (and this goes beyond myself, it’s problematic on a level of solving the game well), if people are discouraged for voting in ways that create pressure and the opportunity for mafia to show themselves, for me that’s a net negative to the town.
If Bea is outed wolf there is not much to say.
I play usually at MU where the day ends in most of the games when majority is reached. Often town forces the majj to end the day in such cases.
The MU hammers are not my favourite. But the last time I played there I was mafia and manipulated a couple of hammers to my ends to win.

There’s a philosophical thing going on here about the purpose of a vote that I find frustrating but it also feeds in to why I like non-changeable votes to begin with.
I never played with locked votes except lylo and I would probably adapt to it.
Seems less fun tbh
Golden wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:30 pm Also, hi Michelle. I don’t think I’ve interacted with you before. Maybe on say one, but if so I don’t remember. Nice to meet you, to me you are a vacuum in my reads and I intend to change that.
Hi ^^
Vacuum is a way to say you don't have a read for me, right? When you reach a conclusion ping me with it.

Maybe you talked about and I didn't read, what's your Poe?
Locked votes aren’t less fun, they’re just don’t different.?it’s like watching a psychological thriller instead of an action movie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:37 pm
Talk about your Vivax read, please.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:44 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:37 pm
Talk about your Vivax read, please.
I think he’s town.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My vivax read begins as a town read of NAA, whose behaviour on day one, though frustrating at times, ultimately didn’t feel like it had a mafia explanation,

Then the vivax who came back went from that vibe of ‘boy, I swing back and forth on you, sometimes you seem supatown and sometimes dodgy’… which was explained by his flip… to something that seems mostly supatown and lost those elements that were pinging me. The difference between vivax 1.0 and 2.0 is notable to me.

When he re-entered the thread he proposed a town core that I hard passed on in terms of the people in it, but I thought it was a good look.

Just generally he’s one of my upper echelon of town reads.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:34 pm I should also be clear that I am not done looking at people's interactions with G-man. My current Vivax suspicion exists entirely because of the way G-man interacted with him. I have not looked at Vivax's interactions with G-man. Or most of the remaining players' interactions with G. So while I stand by the reads I have right now, my view of the game is still a work in progress.
I find this hard to believe. Even before G-Man's flip you gave off the impression of having me in your PoE at all times.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Vivax wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:34 pm I should also be clear that I am not done looking at people's interactions with G-man. My current Vivax suspicion exists entirely because of the way G-man interacted with him. I have not looked at Vivax's interactions with G-man. Or most of the remaining players' interactions with G. So while I stand by the reads I have right now, my view of the game is still a work in progress.
I find this hard to believe. Even before G-Man's flip you gave off the impression of having me in your PoE at all times.
That doesn't mean I had a clear read on you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”