33%

Total votes: 12
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

Also, LOL at the appeal to Epig... Really?

The guy you searched last night?
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

I've been busy today for a friend's birthday and hanging out, so sorry. I won't vote Lorab because Epignosis is, and I still don't trust him but I can try a FZ vote today and hope you guys are correct again even though I am behind on catching up. My vote for Epignosis won't be enough to get him lynched anyway.

votes FZ
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Boogs wrote:I've been busy today for a friend's birthday and hanging out, so sorry. I won't vote Lorab because Epignosis is, and I still don't trust him but I can try a FZ vote today and hope you guys are correct again even though I am behind on catching up. My vote for Epignosis won't be enough to get him lynched anyway.

votes FZ
Boogs do you even know why people are voting FZ? You sound like you are taking no responsibility for your vote when you say "...and hope you guys are correct again". This is how baddies vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I've been neglecting mafia all weekend. Apologies. I believe I've caught up somewhat.

I believe I will vote Lorab. I don't really buy the case against Eloh by her, and her reaction to Epi pointing out the flaws in her argument stuck out to me. I don't play with her much, but she does seem to be reacting to Epi rather vehemently. I've seen it go both ways, but most of the time it's a cornered baddie in my experience. (And if it's true Civvie frustration, I hope you don't leave, Lorab! We're not mean - just accusatory, like the game is meant to be played :hugs: )
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm with you re: Boogs, juliets. He's being a sneaky kitty.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

juliets wrote:
Boogs wrote:I've been busy today for a friend's birthday and hanging out, so sorry. I won't vote Lorab because Epignosis is, and I still don't trust him but I can try a FZ vote today and hope you guys are correct again even though I am behind on catching up. My vote for Epignosis won't be enough to get him lynched anyway.

votes FZ
Boogs do you even know why people are voting FZ? You sound like you are taking no responsibility for your vote when you say "...and hope you guys are correct again". This is how baddies vote.
My only other vote is for Epignosis who won't get enough to be lynched. The tricky thing about this game compared to normal JC, is if I end up not voting FZ I don't have a chance to bid just like yesterday. So boo's game mechanic makes is hurtful voting someone out, and hurtful not because you don't have more defense against baddies. Either way I am screwed so I might as well try for FZ.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Was bad enough I had to sit there and not get a bid for Made's card when they had a big $200 lead on everyone for voting him. It's annoying.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Also Boo: Can we not switch votes this lynch btw? I know there was some of that last day vote with scrambling going on.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Boogs wrote:Also Boo: Can we not switch votes this lynch btw? I know there was some of that last day vote with scrambling going on.
Just post in thread if you do again. MP is back so hopefully we can get it sorted out for D3.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Boogs wrote:Was bad enough I had to sit there and not get a bid for Made's card when they had a big $200 lead on everyone for voting him. It's annoying.
You mean the Short Line Railroad Card? You realize SVS got Nk'd for having that card, and you still regret not being able to bid for it without the $200 bonus? I guess I dont understand. Sounds like not having the bonus saved you from yourself.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

juliets wrote:
Boogs wrote:Was bad enough I had to sit there and not get a bid for Made's card when they had a big $200 lead on everyone for voting him. It's annoying.
You mean the Short Line Railroad Card? You realize SVS got Nk'd for having that card, and you still regret not being able to bid for it without the $200 bonus? I guess I dont understand. Sounds like not having the bonus saved you from yourself.
Wait, I didn't think it said SVs won the card? I thought we assumed she did? My thought was it wasn't announced who won but we assumed she bid the most. With secret bids and such up for grabs now, it makes the bids harder also. But hey, if I can change my vote who not the hell vote Epignosis. I get hell for trying to vote FZ to bid on a card and not be left out lol

Swaps vote to Epignosis
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Boogs i am not trying to give you hell. If you are making a vote because you want to be voting for the person who wins the vote just be honest about it like Long Con was last vote. I can't remember what he said exactly but it was something like "I'm voting for x because I want to have an opportunity to bid with a $200 bonus". Just tell the truth. We all understand that thats's going to drive people to vote for the person who looks like they are being lynched.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

Elohcin wrote:Actually, I was surprised others didn't agree with me that your little back and forth with BR was distancing. There isn't much to go on Day 1 and that (to me) was something. Am I still looking at you after the Made lynch, though? Not really.....but it will stick in the back of my mind.
What back and forth are you talking about?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yeayh, what did S~V~S end up paying, like $200-something for it? Making it a $400-something bid, which you could have easily outbid, Boogs. :eye:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 1]

Post by juliets »

BR this is the exchange that Elo is referring to.
juliets wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
juliets wrote:Black Rock, speaking of hunting down baddies, do you have any suspicions at this point?

At this point? No.
Thanks BR. I don't either.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:Boogs i am not trying to give you hell. If you are making a vote because you want to be voting for the person who wins the vote just be honest about it like Long Con was last vote. I can't remember what he said exactly but it was something like "I'm voting for x because I want to have an opportunity to bid with a $200 bonus". Just tell the truth. We all understand that thats's going to drive people to vote for the person who looks like they are being lynched.
Yeah, I intend to do it again. I don't know if I plan to bid for this one, but I want the option of having a $200 bonus. :noble: I don't think there's any shame in it, it's just smart play. I personally believe that boo should leave the polls the way they are and make votes unchangeable, it would be more fun and make the $200 bonus something we "earn" a little more. :srsnod:

At the end of this lynch, if Metalmarsh isn't winning it, I'll switch to the player with the highest number of votes.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:Yeayh, what did S~V~S end up paying, like $200-something for it? Making it a $400-something bid, which you could have easily outbid, Boogs. :eye:
I didn't win the RR.

I had the highest bid, but as you say, SVS got the $200 bonus for voting Made. I'm probably partially to blame for her death for acknowledging this, but I would have been killed otherwise, so... sorry again SVS.

Linki: Hi, you're talking about me again. :D For the record, I was not attacking you, I just found it very easy to play devil's advocate with your opinions.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Long Con wrote:Yeayh, what did S~V~S end up paying, like $200-something for it? Making it a $400-something bid, which you could have easily outbid, Boogs. :eye:
400 is a lot of cash! You need cash for survival and when or if you choose to find teammates, you will need it for staying alive. If you can't pay for things and go bankrupt, you die. I do want a chance to bid on cards but I'm being conservative with my cash just like I would in real life.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Boogs, I am about to vote the person with the highest vote count (or one thats tied) so I can have the $200 bonus if I want to bid on the card. I want to let you know this because thats what you were trying to do and i want to be clear that I understand that if you just say thats what you're doing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

juliets wrote:Boogs, I am about to vote the person with the highest vote count (or one thats tied) so I can have the $200 bonus if I want to bid on the card. I want to let you know this because thats what you were trying to do and i want to be clear that I understand that if you just say thats what you're doing.
Okay. This game is just freaky scary with not having defenses.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I've had no qualm with LoRab, so I'm placing my vote on the other high-vote getter FZ. Partially to self-preserve, partially for the $200 bid bonus, and partially because his? post pinged me a bit earlier.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'm voting for llama because I have a pingy feeling about him thus far.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Hedgeowl »

HannaK wrote:I am inclined to believe FZ because back in the day I sorta played the pity card when I was civvie as well when I felt overwhelmed with the game and everything, plus it is also an indicator FZ doenst have BTSC.
The person I am mostly looking to right now is juliets, now I am nor familair with the style juliets normally plays, but looking through the posts I find it weird that most of them are either questions directed at other players who they find suspicous without really contributing anything substantial or info about votes and/or money. To me this feels like a good baddie tactic, posting without revealing too much about yourself so I am gonna go ahead and vote juliets. I'm not 100% convinced but so far this has spiked my baddie-sensor the most.
I will be one more person to say that that is definitely Juliets style and it makes her baddie game incredibly hard to read. I have fallen into the same stance on her style in earlier games and convinced myself she was bad. I won't claim to read her perfectly either, but as of now I don't overly distrust her.

TH brought up an interesting point on LC's specific knowledge, but it is also what I understood from that descrption.

I am finding Lorab's case on Elo the most interesting currently. Especially with RR teammies being unknown this early in the game it is hard to find evidence to "saving." However. It was such a slip-up that teammates might have feared losing him.

Votes Elo
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I was looking at several people a couple of hours ago so just to let everyone know where I am with this:
1. I read through metalmarsh's posts and didn't find anything to support my bad gut feeling so I'm choosing to pass on MM and just keep my eye open.
2. I am going to pass on Elo this time. I would like to see what epig says about her (LC there is a story behind this - Epi always tell us if Elo is good or bad and he's been right all but 1 time. It's uncanny.)
3. I think llama is twisting Lorab's words but if i voted for him I would be the only one so wasted vote.
4. Boogs, I'm not sure about you but i'm unsure enough not to want to vote for you.

Who did I leave out?

Well anyway, I want to have the option of having the $200 if I want to bid on a property even though I haven't yet figured out why the baddies wouldn't just kill me, so I am voting FZ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

swapping my vote back to FZ Might as well try for the 200 and be brave.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Boo- Also what are the current bids at for the powers? I was hoping to be winning one hopefully still. Or I didn't know if it already closed.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Black Rock »

juliets wrote:BR this is the exchange that Elo is referring to.
juliets wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
juliets wrote:Black Rock, speaking of hunting down baddies, do you have any suspicions at this point?

At this point? No.
Thanks BR. I don't either.
Oh. Ok, I need to stop scanning the thread. I thought it was a back and forth that was distancing. Not something you ask me in almost every game we play together. I honestly didn't know what she was talking about.
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I am voting FZ because I want the 200 and I don't have time to go re read everyone sorry I havn't been around I will be around more the next few days.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Question: If you wish to bid on something, and have an added bonus that isn't shown. Can you bid under someone (with your first bid) with that knowledge, or does your public bid have to trump the current leader?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

Elohcin wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I agree about Elo, juliets. I just don't see why she wouldn't vote Made, and how she is playing seems unlike what she herself has described to be a civvie her.
I found it interesting she said she doesn't have or want btsc. I had thought for a minute she might have gained it with Epig (why wouldn't they check each other first) so was giving her the benefit of doubt based on that, but if she doesn't have btsc still :/
He could still be just defending her based off knowing her well.

TH I have heard from keys. ;)
first of all, I didn't say I didn't want BTSC, I said I didn't want BTSC with BADDIES. And funny you mention Epi b/c that is the person I searched for first :D (sorry if I am not allowed to mention that.
I mentioned Epi because I assumed one of you checked the other and gained BTSC (based off how he seemed to be defending you). Like I had said "why wouldn't you?". I assumed most spouses would check one another :shrug: Minus maybe the one who seems to be clearly against the civvie checking :p Now that I know you checked him, and still don't have BTSC it means he is defending you off of knowing you, which is nice to know but not infallible. You have said yourself you generally go with the flow in lynches. So you not voting made and trying to get juliets lynched is very sketchy to me. Juliets and BR have known each other for a while. I didn't read anything weird in their interaction.

And I do not think this is a baddie Lorab. I've played with her a bunch. I've hosted with her. I don't see a baddie her getting upset like this tbh.

Not working off much here, but don't want to miss a second vote. So I'm voting Elo now. Sorry guys for not being around much. Hopefully will have more time to commit to this in the next few days but wouldn't count on it. :sigh:
Gro-oo-ovy
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Hedgeowl »

well MM hat doesn't make me feel good about this. :p

$310 on auto find

$120 on protect

$185 on auction
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

$150 on the protect

$80 on the Go to Jail card
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
juliets wrote:I thought Lorab's point was we need to be able to disagree without implying the other is stupid?
Exactly.

Although I think this goes back to being an immigrant to this forum. And why I strongly consider leaving it every game. The friendly tone that exists on the other forums where I've played just isn't that same here. Attacks often seem personal and disagreements aren't done in a way that are disagreeing with the ideas. I think that my style just doesn't fit in here. but I like a lot of my friends here and I don't have anywhere else to play right now, so I keep sticking around. Maybe I should just learn my lesson and either accept that it's ok to tell others that they can't possibly be right and not understand that doing so is different from disagreeing with someone.

And that one can respect that another player, with a whole crap ton of experience, who happens to think differently than you, might just be right sometimes. Especially when you've seen it happen (and related to ideas that you called stupid).
Epignosis wrote:Lorab, I apologize if my direct approach in your prior experience with me had been off-putting. I mean that. However, you're rather direct too.
LoRab wrote: But show me one time when I have had an opinion and you haven't told me that I'm wrong.
All of here that I can tell, for one. I can pull up more if need be. :)
I'm not going to reread that whole game, and I don't remember specifically. I was perhaps exaggerating. And it's not so much your direct approach but the way you say things. And whatever. I'm not going to change you. You don't seem to have an interest in changing. I'll just ignore it. I just don't do well with people who are insulting to my intelligence and insight--and you often have insulted both through your reaction to my ideas.

And I'm not even sure how expressing anger after being told that an idea that I had can't possibly be correct (when, it can actually be correct...just like a night poll, in the game when we had BTSC, resulting in a protection that led to a failed kill was an idea you thought couldn't possibly be true--and was, in the end, true).

My brain works differently than yours. It doesn't make me smarter. It doesn't make you smarter. We are probably of equal intelligence--you seem to be about as smart as I am, at least. We just think through things entirely differently. It would be nice to appreciate the diversity instead of attacking it.
I did not agree with your theory. I think your theory can't be good given the point or three I made. I didn't imply that you are unintelligent, and I believe you are overreacting. I mentioned the following: 1) It would be foolhardy to do what you claimed Eloh did, 2) No one would follow Eloh, and 3) Eloh voted after Made had many.

I didn't imply or explicitly utter that you are unintelligent.

Regarding before, I apologized for coming off unfriendly, and I meant it. But I do not mince wording. I don't add "I think" when it won't be needed. That would be the writer in me coming out. The very fact that I uttered it = my thinking. You don't follow the practice you advocate either.
LoRab wrote:And I'm not saying not to disagree. I'm saying that you can disagree by saying, "I don't see it that way," or "I don't think that's what's happening." You don't have to tell the other person that they have come up with a ridiculous idea that can't possibly be right.
You don't like how I word what I'm thinking, fine, but you are direct and forceful too. And I think you ought to know that I cannot utter either of the underlined. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I voted for FZ. I don't really have any better idea, and she seemed at peace with being lynched.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I voted for FZ. Why? Cause I might as well be in on the action. I'm going to work out my suspicions for next day.
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

160 protect
100 on jail card
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

$200 on auction

$110 on the jail card
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

$210 on auction
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

Also, I should mention. I just don't want to vote FZ and I'm not going to vote someone just to get money. I have no idea if she is bad or not, but I asked her to play here because I wanted to play with her again and I got killed early in the game we were playing on another site. :/
Gro-oo-ovy
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

320 on auto find
170 on protect
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Elohcin »

maybe I should have gone after BR with my suspish instead of Juliets. :ponder:

btw, I don't really think Epi can read me like a book, I just think it is silly that so many others do. asking Epi was more of a joke than anything, although I am interested in what he thinks :) I figured it was good as time as any to ask and why not I do it before everyone else begin to ask him.

linki...no one else finds this back and forth to be odd?

"Who do you find suspicious?"

"No one."

"Okay, me either."

what?! why ask that if you have no intentions of carrying on the conversation? I don't understand why NO ONE else finds this odd and like distancing. I really do! :sigh:

linki - splints, even if we both checked each other, if we aren't the same color we wouldn't gain btsc. I don't get why you assume we would. And when did he defend me. I didn't see that. If I had, I wouldn't have asked what he thought of my affiliation.

more linki!

more linki!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

360 on auto find
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hedgeowl wrote:well MM hat doesn't make me feel good about this. :p

$310 on auto find

$120 on protect

$185 on auction
Who bid $310 on the auto-find?

Damn linkis $380 on Auto-find

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

$250 on auction
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

180 protect
120 jail card
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

420 on autofind
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

$200 protect
$140 jail card
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:I have an idea. Epi, what do you think of me this game? Since everyone always seems to believe that you can read me so well.
You're pretty and I know not to search for you? :D
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

260 on auction
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:420 on autofind
420? ;)

$440 on auto find

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”