Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Anniversary Game 4 - Staff vs AtE D1

Post by MartinGG99 »

Friendly note here that TripleHaven is a she
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 363

Post by Dyslexicon »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 pm I think Rico is a terrible Day 1 elim, frankly. He's a strong player and if he is town, he's worth having around.

I don't understand Triplehaven's read on me at all. I thought at first it was just nonsense. But then he actually tried to cast it as a real read. The things is, he could have used any of my very honest posts about my experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc. instead he used what was clearly a joke post? I think this could be a case of TMI.

[VOTE: Triplehaven] aubergine

Epi responded to the questions exactly as I would expect him to. I see nothing from him so far that I find AI.

slight town lean on Dizzy and Boq atm.
Why for boq? And me, but mostly boq lol

Haven't said it out aloud, but my previous town lean on TH is pretty much erased. Not very familiar with their play. I agree their read on you had weak reasoning.

I'm also not in love with my Rico vote, but other people I considered voting wasn't around anyway
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Ricochet »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:02 pm Oh yeah, that reminds me

@Boquise
@Dolby
@Dyslexicon
@Epignosis
@Jackofhearts2005
@lucy
@Moonwink
@Ricochet
@Ruri
@Spacedaisy
@TonyStarkPrime
@TripleHaven
@Violet

If any of you all are around for when the mid-day event happens (see Nanook post), PLZ BE THERE >:c

obvious implication that more people there = less risk of scum benefit
No idea when mid-day is, I probably can't stay up (or won't last) more than an hour or so more.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Spacedaisy »

Yeah, no original thoughts or reads from lucy, only poking others for thoughts.

I was feeling town because those questions seemed town in nature, but now I feel the opposite, like they could be something to hide behind. She never even answered her own questions.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Ricochet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:58 pm
Ricochet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:51 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:47 pm I think Dyslexicon is town.

Don't think its worth over-thinking them even if they're from a champs final game some time ago, since my gut feels good about them right now.

Also, like, a number of people aren't contributing much right now so not even worth to consider higher-posting players atm imo
Why Dolby of the low-post tier?
1. why wouldn't he be, hasn't even posted after my vote on them and only three posts; in most games I have played that is less than the minimum post count (there doesn't seem to be a clarified minimum post count for this game, though?)

2. he himself said he prob was going to low-post
1. Didn't ask why at all, rather why him of all who would qualify thus far. His second post was responsive to MO inquiry.

Dunno about minimum post ruling, but as far as lowest of low-posting goes, I believe there's still a player with zero.

2. So?
as much as I would elaborate with my own reasons and observations with respect to your response

our disagreement here sorta reads like it would drive right into a semantics and perceptions argument

which in my experience are rarely productive
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:04 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 pm I think Rico is a terrible Day 1 elim, frankly. He's a strong player and if he is town, he's worth having around.

I don't understand Triplehaven's read on me at all. I thought at first it was just nonsense. But then he actually tried to cast it as a real read. The things is, he could have used any of my very honest posts about my experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc. instead he used what was clearly a joke post? I think this could be a case of TMI.

Epi responded to the questions exactly as I would expect him to. I see nothing from him so far that I find AI.

Haven't said it out aloud, but my previous town lean on TH is pretty much erased. Not very familiar with their play. I agree their read on you had weak reasoning.

I'm also not in love with my Rico vote, but other people I considered voting wasn't around anyway
You seem to be trying to form genuine reads. It's mostly a gut read, and could entirely be wrong.
Boq's interaction with Epi looks relaxed, and his read on me was given with no explanation, which I interpret as a gut read. Wolves are more likely to want to have something to justify their suspicions like Triplehaven did.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:07 pm

Don't think its worth over-thinking them even if they're from a champs final game some time ago, since my gut feels good about them right now.

Also, like, a number of people aren't contributing much right now so not even worth to consider higher-posting players atm imo
1. why wouldn't he be, hasn't even posted after my vote on them and only three posts; in most games I have played that is less than the minimum post count (there doesn't seem to be a clarified minimum post count for this game, though?)

1. Didn't ask why at all, rather why him of all who would qualify thus far. His second post was responsive to MO inquiry.

Dunno about minimum post ruling, but as far as lowest of low-posting goes, I believe there's still a player with zero.

2. So?
as much as I would elaborate with my own reasons and observations with respect to your response

our disagreement here sorta reads like it would drive right into a semantics and perceptions argument

My main concern is that your initial vote was blank and your reasoning boils down to "why not?" a bit.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Ricochet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:10 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:07 pm

2. So?

My main concern is that your initial vote was blank and your reasoning boils down to "why not?" a bit.
Ideally I wouldn't have had to say it but I am hopeful that based on some meta I've found I will be able to figure Dolby's alignment if he gives a reaction.

If he doesn't give a reaction then I'm probably just inclined to kill the slot.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:06 pm Yeah, no original thoughts or reads from lucy, only poking others for thoughts.

I was feeling town because those questions seemed town in nature, but now I feel the opposite, like they could be something to hide behind. She never even answered her own questions.
Kind of like the turn from Daisy here. "I first though this, but now I think this" seems like a natural progression. Could be a lie, blah blah, but I don't really think so.

I'm also not very impressed by Lucy. Was wondering if she had a mafia game I could look at actually, since I've only played with Lucy as town in the past. @lucy
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:09 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:04 pm

You seem to be trying to form genuine reads. It's mostly a gut read, and could entirely be wrong.
Boq's interaction with Epi looks relaxed, and his read on me was given with no explanation, which I interpret as a gut read. Wolves are more likely to want to have something to justify their suspicions like Triplehaven did.
Alright, got you. I could see that in regards to Boq. Still wish he would post a lot more, but looks like he doesn't have the time right now.

---

Adding Daisy to my town core.

Actually moderately confident reads:
Town - Daisy, Martin
Nothing else lol
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Anyways, I gotta go focus on some stuff I gotta do

Will be here for the event though, which I think happens in 1-2 hours (as that's roughly 24 hours after SoD).

I'll very likely pop in for another hour or maybe even two in the future after that. Beyond that though activity will sadly be very limited from me, as I gotta sleep and one of my classes encompasses EoD.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Halfway D1 list

Town lean
Martin - effort and read depth vibe best of all right now; slightly not sure what to read into his hesitancy to judge some players based on previous games/previous errors of judgement; blank vote on a low-player out of a generous basket thus far, but claims he is looking into something, fine

Daisy - effort and read depth vibe second best of all right now

Dizzy - not quite on best behaviour early on (banter opening statements, including being maf, blank Moon vote), but can get (or simply wouldn't overthink it atm) behind the rallying sentiment for activity and the scrutiny shown in others' reads

Complete null
Violet - totally inactive

Epignosis - I'm fine with his MO-question deflecting, though on the basis of remembering that is much-like-him; early pings on TH and Moon, not expanded since (due to no more activity)

Null towards sus
Dolby - one post out of three that can somewhat constitute interaction (answering MO) and picking small details/nuances off lucy; for a poster stating intent to not "do stuff", it's not nothing atm

Ruri - one hello and one post placing themselves in same camp with Boquise (though the detail picked on Moon's vote isn't blank)

TSP - early Day posts, nothing since; semblance of reading Moon (via Epig's ping) and some ping on Epig

Boquise - admits low-active rhythm, but drops a town read on Daisy, corrects TH (on something long corrected) for some reason, banter post towards Epig's banter post; can understand the relaxed take Daisy shared, though unfamiliar with their MO, but as far as that vote goes, don't find anything productive about it

Jack - banter MO answering camp, nothing else

TripleHaven - there's effort, but once re-read, there's also v reads thrown at blank and the bit where Moon gets suss'd for not answering MO and Dizzy gets townread for claming wolf; don't get quite a sense of it all, but it's most inching towards a full sus out of this tier

Suss
lucy - early high-posters, but it all amounts to inquiring on meta; in light of no read process off of info received, there's no inherent cred to award to this effort

Moonwink - 7am wakeup to game start had my vibe quickly set (tho clueless on MO) on her sliding past MO answers as not awesome; embraces her chaos playing; slow pace to get serious so far;
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:02 pm Oh yeah, that reminds me

@Boquise
@Dolby
@Dyslexicon
@Epignosis
@Jackofhearts2005
@lucy
@Moonwink
@Ricochet
@Ruri
@Spacedaisy
@TonyStarkPrime
@TripleHaven
@Violet

If any of you all are around for when the mid-day event happens (see Nanook post), PLZ BE THERE >:c

obvious implication that more people there = less risk of scum benefit
Events? In my Cindy Kate game? It's more likely than you think.
Moonwink
The Mark
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself
Aka: Hyena

Post by Moonwink »

If I'm mafia, and Dizzy is town, I'm always killing them N1 because 1.) I doubt anyone's active enough in the game at the moment to have an accurate townread of them, and 2.) it'll slow the game even more so, even with Martin and Ricochet still in the game.

Take that as you will.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Anniversary Game 4 - Staff vs AtE (pregame)

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:00 pm Day 1 is Racket Appreciation Day, and as such will have a 100 post cap. Anyone exceeding this cap will be met with intentionally ambiguous harsh consequences.
I'm reading this as "consequences that aren't a modkill" so fuck the power, fuck the mods (unless mods are town idk) and fuck post caps.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Moonwink wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:24 pm If I'm mafia, and Dizzy is town, I'm always killing them N1 because 1.) I doubt anyone's active enough in the game at the moment to have an accurate townread of them, and 2.) it'll slow the game even more so, even with Martin and Ricochet still in the game.

Take that as you will.
Don't understand 1)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Event time like nowish yeeah?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What is time anyway?
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Ruri wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:17 pm
Moonwink wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:02 pm [VOTE: Boquise] aubergine
I can't believe he hasn't posted anything more than a hello yet! D:
Me neither to be fair.
I'm gonna be honest. After the last game I played with you here (which, to be fair, has been my only experience with you), I don't expect you to be active, at least not as active as Boquise. Feel free to prove me wrong though. <3
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TripleHaven wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:04 pm i finally get to play with jack. yay!
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Ricochet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:27 pm
Moonwink wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:24 pm If I'm mafia, and Dizzy is town, I'm always killing them N1 because 1.) I doubt anyone's active enough in the game at the moment to have an accurate townread of them, and 2.) it'll slow the game even more so, even with Martin and Ricochet still in the game.

Take that as you will.
Don't understand 1)
Dizzy's never getting protected by a doctor or any other protective role tonight, which means they're a free kill if I'm mafia. :3
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

[VOTE: lucy] aubergine

You should have voted me if you wanted some answers to your questions. <3 It wouldn't have worked, but it would've at least shown me that you at least cared about the answers.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yay! Back to being N1 kill bait number one. My return to mafia has restored my ultimate form!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jack, why did you rand mafia this game? Rude tbh
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I got kicked from the event for not wanting to build a snowman

sadge

anyways back to what I was doing
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:20 pm
Moonwink wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:00 pm @MartinGG99 Have I played with/against scum!you before? I don't remember at the moment -- all the times I remember playing with you, you were town.
We haven't played with either's scum game as of the moment.
That's what I was afraid of. :<

Honestly though, with the state this game is in at the moment, I'm probably just gonna call you, Dizzy, and Ricochet town for now.

Spacedaisy is my scumbuddy, so I can't genuinely call her town with a straight face.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, I'm pretty fine with Rico at the moment. They are paying attention, and I largely agree with their reads and stuff.

[VOTE: Lucy] aubergine

For being outed mafia
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Townie vibes from Moonwink, tbh. Take that with a grain of salt because I think I've still not seen her as mafia but she looks town, here.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I missed the event? Wtf?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol I forgot to sign up in my player channel.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Imma log that as "host error" on account of I'm a host sometimes.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:56 pm Wait. A 100 post cap? I am most displeased.
Fight the power!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Ricochet Let me know if you want to be open about what happened in the event.

My name is now on Dolby, just for the slanking.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Anyway, going to bed. @Jackofhearts2005 If you haven't solved the game when I wake up, I will mud wrestle you
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:53 pm @Ricochet Let me know if you want to be open about what happened in the event.

My name is now on Dolby, just for the slanking.
Sure.

Dolby fine with me. Or perhaps TH, Boquise.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:40 pm Townie vibes from Moonwink, tbh. Take that with a grain of salt because I think I've still not seen her as mafia but she looks town, here.
Why?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:55 pm Anyway, going to bed. @Jackofhearts2005 If you haven't solved the game when I wake up, I will mud wrestle you
Don't threaten me with a good time.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pm Right now it's like trying to read into/not read into very small things. I'm a bit impatient.

So broad question: How are we, THE TOWN, going to win this? What will you bring to the thread to help us win?
I am going to accuse someone of something that violates my core values.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Moonwink wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:55 pm Epi got me wrong the last time, too, if I remember correctly. I'm not concerned about it. <3
I don't remember you. I retired from Mafia before you joined.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Slightly bad vibes from Lucy asking everyone for skill levels and specialties cause I don't see town me ever bothering with that but I'm probably just being paranoid.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Moonwink wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:02 pm [VOTE: Boquise] aubergine
I can't believe he hasn't posted anything more than a hello yet! D:
I'm instantly suspicious of anyone whose first word in the thread is "hello."
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TripleHaven wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:47 pm Most players have admitted they either wont be active at all or wont be active until later today

so im sort of just biding my time until then

unordered readlist

martin
dyslexicon
spacedaisy

epig
ricochet

Rico and me go way back. :beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:57 pm I'd ask everyone townreading Daisy on why they're townreading Daisy.
Ricochet gets my first green shield stamp of approval for asking this question.

Stamp and shout, Sir Ricochet. Stamp and shout.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:29 pm Maybe we should start shaking things up.

It is preety darn slow for a d1, even for my homesite's standards (which usually only has 400 posts for a d1). Was hoping things would be faster for once without me :/
Don't expect much from me Fri-Sun. That's hell with my new job. Rest of the week is pretty easy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:34 pm I'm surprised that TH is the top-poster at 18 posts so far lol

If I wanted to make a stupid leap of faith and ignore my past reading mistakes with them I would say they're probably town for this

which I might just to avoid thinking about that
How hard is it to be the top poster with 18 posts?

Why is being the top poster meaningful?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 pm
Damn it.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:21 pm Slightly bad vibes from Lucy asking everyone for skill levels and specialties cause I don't see town me ever bothering with that but I'm probably just being paranoid.
This feels like a weird hedge.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:02 pm Regarding lucy, I think I lean town there too, but I suppose getting to know other players could be kind of like hiding behind mechanics. You look like you are doing something, but you aren't really doing anything to progress the game.

I'll hold my slight town lead, but I'm not giving lucy any passes. I'd love to hear how she interpreted the responses she got. I should also probably ISO and see if she has given any actual reads or thoughts so far.
You're hedging here. What leads you to this lean?

And yeah, I just Comic Sansed your entire post. Deal with it.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:36 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:02 pm Regarding lucy, I think I lean town there too, but I suppose getting to know other players could be kind of like hiding behind mechanics. You look like you are doing something, but you aren't really doing anything to progress the game.

I'll hold my slight town lead, but I'm not giving lucy any passes. I'd love to hear how she interpreted the responses she got. I should also probably ISO and see if she has given any actual reads or thoughts so far.

Read on and you'll see my mind change.

It isn't hedging. It is that I think it's too early to have more than a slight town lean on anyone. I don't want to put myself in any pockets.

But I am leaning more mafia on lucy now. I can't decide if I suspect her or Triplehaven more atm.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:17 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pm Right now it's like trying to read into/not read into very small things. I'm a bit impatient.

So broad question: How are we, THE TOWN, going to win this? What will you bring to the thread to help us win?
I am going to accuse someone of something that violates my core values.
This is inaccurate.

I am going to accuse someone of something in a way that violates my core values.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:40 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:36 pm

Read on and you'll see my mind change.

It isn't hedging. It is that I think it's too early to have more than a slight town lean on anyone. I don't want to put myself in any pockets.

But I am leaning more mafia on lucy now. I can't decide if I suspect her or Triplehaven more atm.
Yep, I read it. Cool.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”