RondoDimBuckle (formerly Bea)
13%
Roxy
38%
S~V~S
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
The CIA (host/mods/dead/non-player option)
44%

Total votes: 16
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 2]

Post by fingersplints »

I’m voting [VOTE: Lucy] aubergine her reason for picking Bea as low poster is weak and doesn’t add up
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

Falcon just loves to vote me :p
Gro-oo-ovy
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by falcon45ca »

fingersplints wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:57 pm I am playing
Oh, your avatar pic isn't showing, so I've not noticed your posts. My bad

[VOTE: someone else, I'll get back to ya] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: lucy you got sum' 'splainin' to dooooooooo] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:45 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:28 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:49 am
Soneji wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:33 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:54 am The chances of town!anyone looking at that single early D1 joke post from me and concluding I'm a wolf at this juncture without any regard to anything else is very low.

Couple that with how Soneji spends tons of lip service on Lucy and Mata, but not me. Almost as if Soneji has been told in wolfchat that I'm an easy push today, so Soneji didn't feel the need to actually develop any critical thought about me.

This indicates that likely Soneji and Sabi are partnered because Soneji would only do this lacklustre push on me if they needed to possibly end up on me to save a teammate.
The bold is quite the assumption. If you did anything to improve your standing past your opening, you may not even be a primary suspect, but your defense was part open-wolfing and lots of deflection, and you spent the entire day just on the defense contributing little else to the thread.

I don't quote everything that is part of my suspicion, if I did my multiquote walls would get enormous, and with you in particular majority of your posts were bad.

I'm not even pushing anyone yet, but you're already freaking out as if I'm going to focus you over lucy/mata/Wilgy voters.
@Seanzie You mean this? What do you feel is lacklustre about this, cuz' I tend to agree with this read on your D1, regardless of your theoretical green flip
I meant more their original post where they quoted one early D1 post by me as justification for a scumread as if they were told in wolfchat I should be an easy push today.

As far as D1 goes, I don't think I was actually ever defendinng myself, and saying the word "open wolfing" doesn't actually add to an argument, but okay.
Yeah agreed, I didn’t think you were doing any defending either.

I’ve asked those suspecting you to explain it aside from your interactions with me. I don’t recall anyone taking me up on that.

~~~~~~

At this time, I’m dandy with my Sabi vote. I could also vote for Lucy again. She came in to vote for a low poster. She votes for one of the two people with two posts. One person had some content, the other none. She voted for the one with content.

When asked about this, she gave a vague answer that didn’t really explain it. The low poster she DIDN’T vote for showed up an hour or so later. Hrm.

But my primary suspicion relates to how I feel Sabi was trying to steer, and got frustrated at pushback. So unless there’s a big change, Lucy is a secondary suspicion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:46 pm
Soneji wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:51 am Forgot about posting d1, but I'm catching up now. I'm a slow goer, and do things during downtime at work, so only through post #550 rn before heading out to get some security rounds done.
Seanzie wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:47 pm *looks at poll* why are there so many people in this game?

Ugh... I'm probably just going to pick a random person and tunnel them, then repeat after their flip all game. I'll let you all know once I decide who I'm going to start with.
Rather performative opening just to say you'd be RVS'ing all game.
Dennis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 am
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:04 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:47 pm *looks at poll* why are there so many people in this game?

Ugh... I'm probably just going to pick a random person and tunnel them, then repeat after their flip all game. I'll let you all know once I decide who I'm going to start with.
This feels off
Hmmm... putting suspicion on someone else? :ponder: Very slick...

But you also make a fair point.
Pointing the finger of suspicion is rather the point of the game, not sure why you're acting perplexed by someone doing so.(further reading does indicate you're a newbie, so this isn't as weird as originally thought)
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:50 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:49 am Yo did anyone pick quaxly? I'm almost done with the new Pokedex but need a starter.

Ty for your time.
wigly what's your read accuracy like?
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:56 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:55 am
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:50 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:49 am Yo did anyone pick quaxly? I'm almost done with the new Pokedex but need a starter.

Ty for your time.
wigly what's your read accuracy like?
Idk, I think I'm at least 65% accurate. Pegged 3/4 of the scum in last game only reading like 1/4th of the posts and shitposting half the time.

Fr though, I really want to finish the new Pokemon games.
thoughts on pegging?
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:02 am that's wigly's role, or is it yours? @Scotty
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:19 am
Golden wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:17 am I refuse to vote for anyone under the age of 30 today unless Seanzie is under the age of 30 because I might sheep scotty.
seanzie is 33
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:22 am Jesus Christ golden is 39, and mata is 69 due to previous conversations
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:36 am
S~V~S wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 am
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:22 am Jesus Christ golden is 39, and mata is 69 due to previous conversations
I'm 61, if you'd like to put that in your spreadsheet.
no spreadsheets, the information does help me form reads, different mental models by age
lucy being part of the peanut gallery early.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:08 am I'm Town!

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss
A little grandiose for an "I'm town!" post, but it's Paradise Lost so I'll accept it.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 pm
Soneji wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:04 am Checking in, shaking off the rust.
Soneji wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:38 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:08 am
Soneji wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:04 am Checking in, shaking off the rust.
Oi, long time no see. How've you been?
Been good, enjoying mafia retirement.
Is 11 words in 2 posts an effective method for shaking off the rust?
For day 0 which I usually ignore, kind of. The Great Wall of Soneji is where the real shaking off comes in.
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:35 pm dennis, how well do you know your mom and brother
Kneejerk reaction is that this is the wolfiest post in the game so far, especially considering lucy's previous posts all being peanut gallery type discussion. It just sounds ludicrous to be asking how well someone knows their own family for the purposes of this kind of game.
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:37 pm kate, why did you make them signup?
This question has zero relevance to anyone's alignment in this game.
Sabiplz wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:30 pm Marmot catch up is uninspiring
Sabiplz wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:32 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:31 pm Never mind, Sabi is the cutest wolf, not DrWilgy.
:really:

Am I voting you? No

Seanzie is the wolfiest person so far minus golden
Bad vibe from sabi for immediately jumping on Marmot after shading them continuously for their prior absence during first half of day 1, then trying to shield themselves from suspicion with a weak "my vote isn't on you" response, as if wolves don't throw shade on people they aren't currently voting.
Matahari wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:45 am i want to post my thoughts so far, while I have a minute. They are definitely not deep thoughts, but how deep can they be on day 1?
New players get a pass, until later in the game. Absent players, as well.
if I don't mention you, its because I have you as town for now.

Falcon45ca- I didn't find it suspicious that you chose someone quickly because with movable votes, it seems like a lot of players throw votes around in a slap-happy fashion. then you were questioned about it, and you promptly posted quotes for why you made your vote. This looked legit to me at the time. Later it occurred to me that maybe you did all that too quickly, Pre-planned? But someone, Sabiplz, I think, said this was normal for your town game.

Soneji posted, I think, but I'll need to go back and look to make sure. ???

Lucy- so far, is reminding me of Dr. Wilgy. Too random to read, and weird posting just annoys me because I don't know what to do with it. I'd like to hear from players who are familiar with them.

Seanzie made a very risky statement for a town player to make. Or just an 'I can't be bothered' statement. Since it was preceded by an 'Ugh', I'm going with the former.

Sabiplz drew attention to his post, then backed away from it, then said she rarely voted early or often, then 17 minutes later she voted for Seanzie. None of this feels right.

Golden got a vote from Falcon, and although Falcon's reasons would not be enough to convince me to vote someone, I thought they were ok for a day 1. However after post 486 ( I think, I'll go back and check later and do an ebwop if necessary), I have Golden as town.

Marmot, no clue. I'd like to hear what other players think of him. ???

Everyone else, I have as probably town. I have no absolutes this early, but I'm watching the players above who pinged me. I'd like to hear what other players think of my not so deep thoughts, please.
This looks like forced content mixed with a whole lot of fence sitting, given that you gave nothing reads on myself(absent player) and Marmot, and other reads were basically just game recaps with little actual thoughts of your own. The closest to real thoughts here are with sabi who you seem to suspect but don't actually outright point the finger of suspicion at, and with Falcon who you start to sus then back off because you thought you remember it being said it fits their meta(why should you trust sabi's meta on Falcon here, when you seem to sus sabi as well?). The Seanzie "read" is the most amusing to me, since you present their statement as either a risky town statement, or an IDGAF statement, but you never contemplate is as a wolfy statement.

Current suspects :

Seanzie
Matahari
lucy

sabi to a lesser extent, but I've liked their posting outside of their interactions with Marmot
@Seanzie You mean this?
Yes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:02 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:45 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:54 am The chances of town!anyone looking at that single early D1 joke post from me and concluding I'm a wolf at this juncture without any regard to anything else is very low.

Couple that with how Soneji spends tons of lip service on Lucy and Mata, but not me. Almost as if Soneji has been told in wolfchat that I'm an easy push today, so Soneji didn't feel the need to actually develop any critical thought about me.

This indicates that likely Soneji and Sabi are partnered because Soneji would only do this lacklustre push on me if they needed to possibly end up on me to save a teammate.
The bold is quite the assumption. If you did anything to improve your standing past your opening, you may not even be a primary suspect, but your defense was part open-wolfing and lots of deflection, and you spent the entire day just on the defense contributing little else to the thread.

I don't quote everything that is part of my suspicion, if I did my multiquote walls would get enormous, and with you in particular majority of your posts were bad.

I'm not even pushing anyone yet, but you're already freaking out as if I'm going to focus you over lucy/mata/Wilgy voters.
@Seanzie You mean this? What do you feel is lacklustre about this, cuz' I tend to agree with this read on your D1, regardless of your theoretical green flip
I meant more their original post where they quoted one early D1 post by me as justification for a scumread as if they were told in wolfchat I should be an easy push today.

As far as D1 goes, I don't think I was actually ever defendinng myself, and saying the word "open wolfing" doesn't actually add to an argument, but okay.
Yeah agreed, I didn’t think you were doing any defending either.

I’ve asked those suspecting you to explain it aside from your interactions with me. I don’t recall anyone taking me up on that.

~~~~~~

At this time, I’m dandy with my Sabi vote. I could also vote for Lucy again. She came in to vote for a low poster. She votes for one of the two people with two posts. One person had some content, the other none. She voted for the one with content.

When asked about this, she gave a vague answer that didn’t really explain it. The low poster she DIDN’T vote for showed up an hour or so later. Hrm.

But my primary suspicion relates to how I feel Sabi was trying to steer, and got frustrated at pushback. So unless there’s a big change, Lucy is a secondary suspicion.
Denim. Nice, faded blue
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:51 pm

Well, Soneji has mentioned they tend to wall post, so it's strange in that sense that the SR on your slot is based off just the 1 post of yours, but I do believe they follow up with more reasons later.

The rest of your 1st sentence tho...told in wolfchat you'd be an easy push...just feels weird.

You say you don't believe you were ever defending yourself? So, what were you doing? Soneji is calling you out for not contributing much to the thread, what do you feel you did to refute that claim?
I don't feel like I did anything to refute the claim. I am at least feeling okay about the chances of me having two wolves in my sight right now, but did I "do anything"? Nah, not really.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

fingersplints wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:00 pm Falcon just loves to vote me :p
You are one of my favourites
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Matahari »

Im awake for the moment, and caught up, I’m sick and I apologize for that. I like to be present in games but I didn’t see this winter crap coming on this early, so I’m going to do my best here
@Dennis I think you’re doing fabulous. If I didn’t know you through your mom, I would probably be suspicious of your performance and think you had a team. But I don’t think you are mafia at this time, because Ive heard you’re smart and driven to excel, and Kate probably helped prepare you well before the game ever started. My op could change, but I doubt it will.
@Scotty I am still susp of Sabi because her actions during day1 reminded me of old old-school mafia, when a wolf would start to build a case against someone by just slinging a little mud, and later, the teammates would join in and the result would be a miselim. But, nobody joined in right away. That gave me pause, like maybe I was seeing something that just wasn’t there. Then Sabi seemed to back off and give up and I still don’t like it. Unless Sabi flips, I’m not going to know anything for sure. And if she is bad, then I’ll go back and look for anyone who might have subtly supported her.
I could see voting Lucy as a second choice, because I don’t like the reasoning behind her vote for Bea. Low posting is NAI and I don’t understand why someone would use that as criteria for a vote.
If I missed any other questions for me, please remind me. I’ll check in often.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 441
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Current vote tally with about 6.5 hours left in Day 2:
bea
8%
Voters: lucy
Dennis
No votes
Voters: None
falcon45ca
No votes
fingersplints
No votes
Golden
8%
Voters: Sabiplz
jack shepherd
No votes
Kate
No votes
lucy
31%
Voters: fingersplints, Scotty, Dennis, falcon45ca
Matahari
No votes
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Sabiplz
31%
Voters: Kate, S~V~S, Seanzie, Golden
Scotty
No votes
Seanzie
8%
Voters: Neon
Soneji
No votes
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So a tie on Lucy and sabi?

I don’t mind it.

I’d rather it just didn’t end in a tie by tonite

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by Golden »

Roxy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:05 am
Matahari wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:13 pm im back and caught up. I apologize to G-man and players for missing the vote. This is not a great time of year for me, and unpleasantness in the thread yesterday just made me want to walk away for a bit.
However, new day. I’m going to address what I saw that refers to me, and then I have to go and do real life. Before I left, I also thought about the tie option as a way to prevent a possible civ kill. It’s never easy to be absolutely sure someone is bad on the first day, and I liked that option. I posted my d1 thoughts yesterday, and if I had to vote according to the list, it would have been Sabi, for the reasons I listed. But I wouldn’t have been hardcore certain about it, and after playing catch-up this morning, I would have been less certain, had I been here. I would have preferred the tie.
Im still seeing civ Golden, in regards to his OG call. Posts 480 to 486 (I think) are where I saw the civ Golden.
@kate hi. Im here. Didja miss me?
@SVS you might have to move me to the top of your list, based on my hand? Hand won’t be completely normal for a couple more months, but it’s healing well, and I can type. I stepped away for other reasons my list yesterday was just things I noticed that I felt were worth keeping an eye on. I’ve rarely ever had strong feelings about players on day 1. It’s usually day 3 before I start getting deep suspicions against players. But maybe I’ll see things today that I don’t like, if I do, I’ll comment.
@Roxy hiya! I explained my bad behavior above. It’s not an excuse, but I did what I had to do
I’ll be around today as much as possible, because playing catch up is mental overload.
Thanks Mata for this and your post, I did not know about your hand not going to give you a pass but I do acknowledge your injury will make it hard for you to play normally. Plus I self voted so really it was embarrassing for me to ask about your vote but that's what we do. You do not even have to talk about thread bad vibes it's why I quit playing to begin with, it was just getting toxic for low posting style players.
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:13 pm @Roxy hey I feel pretty good about my cleats but I’m not committed to tunnelling town.

But I think if you read the first, say, one and a half pages of today, there’s a ‘let’s carefully examine the wilgy train’ vibe and if there are no wolves in there trying to control the conversation in that direction I’ll be surprised. That’s my gut feel.
I did read the posts after the night ended and seen the excuses and accusations flying rather quickly but the game seems to have moved beyond vote analysis. The controlling conversation comment is funny coming from you. High posters constantly and consistently control where the thread goes. Barely anyone responded to my effort. Also wtf is up with your cleats? :haha:
What did you think of my Sabi suspicion? I've noticed they already gave an excuse earlier (doming with Seanzie) and now seems to have moved onto - I don't mind dying just don't kill Scotty. Strange transition tbs as I expected some sort of vote analysis bc that was their reasoning for not trying hard day 1.
Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:28 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:11 pm I cannot express how much that:

a) I’m enjoying this game; and
b) so many of your posts are filling me with warm vibes.
Me too. And I'm really glad I have this game right now. Someone, who is very inconsiderate, knowingly exposed the baby to rsv. She started getting symptoms last night and I ended up having to hold her all. Night. Long. Just so she could get some sleep. I'm not pleased. 😐😐

So I mayormaynot be a little more quiet today, as I'm exhausted and have a sick 9 month old. This thread is definitely keeping a smile on my face though, at least intermittently. And I know that should have been green, but I haven't got the energy.
Sorry to hear about the baby Ariya has Covid then right after got RSV from a family who does not believe in ANY vaccines. But she is ok now - sending every good vibes with prayers your way :hug:
fingersplints wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:17 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:58 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:53 pm Still been doing some skimming in between bedtime routine stuff.
Atm I feel ok with SVS. She is putting a lot of thoughts out there. All that tie stuff seems unnecessary for a mafia to put out there and stick with. Idk just feels genuine to me. Can’t see myself voting there
Also won’t be voting for Rox :hugs: definitely not feeling this as her mafia game, and also want to check the time of her self vote. Was she around after? Because likely if she had teammates they would have mentioned it was against the rules
Doubt she was around after, she self voted because of being robbed.
Meh ok so NAI but I’m still not voting there anyways
My self vote is what it was. I apologize but I have no regrets my mind was deffo elsewhere.
Dennis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:28 pm I wanna get a vote out quick this day so I'm gonna [VOTE: Lucy] aubergine

I feel like all she's done so far is read into the me and my family, and then make some sort of 'can't blame me for this' when doing something. Like her coldread on me, she said she 'just knows'. I don't like that one bit. Her votes in D1 have also been 'fine with wagoning' and 'seeing how this feels' so I don't like it. The coldread town (how do I word that) on me makes me think she might be WKing me.
I am totally digging the way your have gotten into the game. It makes me so happy. I also find myself agreeing with a number of your posts such as this one. So glad you decided to play.

Continuing my catch up
Roxy I’ve been liking the cut of your gib but also I wanted to leave you alone until you were ready to reengage in the game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Neon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:22 amAlso. Always flip the D1 CW

Always.
This is a cultural thing and absolutely not AI but, like, I’ll slip back into mafia retirement if stuff like this becomes preferable to hunting.

This idea is just joyless.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Neon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:08 am
Kate wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:52 am
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:22 am Holy fuck my brain is mush reading 1304 posts was a bad idea.

My catch up is town is

Me
SVS
Lucy
Dennis

I also think it's highly more probable than not that Sabi is town here. With that said I will never ever push sabi ever again even if I suspect them but in this case I'm highly comfortable saying I find it more likely that this behavior is indicative of town Sabi.

Also. Always flip the D1 CW

Always.

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine

I mean. I don't think Seanzie is particularly towny anyways but

Brain mush. Good God
More in the ongoing saga of flip a potential civ vs. No death. Neon can you add your thoughts on that meta?

***don't take this to mean that I wish seanzie wasn't eliminated day one over wilgy, I'm still not feeling good about him.

I'm comfortable with the 3 wagons now. Sean/sabi/lucy.
Kill for info good. Even if town

Is a thing I've struggled to reconcile because my old end goal was to sweep the woofs every game I played but feasibly that's just not gonna happen. Woofs have knowledge we don't the only way to get that knowledge is through flips since most if is only have the power of our vote and way to much paranoia
This is such a mountainous mindset at its heart I think. We have two cops and a doctor… plenty of info capability without forcing a flip on someone we think is town. It’s a numbers game too.

I like what neon is bringing to the thread even as I disagree with literally every single aspect of cultural meta with a passion. Getting town vibes so far.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 1]

Post by Dennis »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:25 am
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:21 am
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 am
Dennis wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:03 pm [VOTE: Wigly] aubergine

Sorry, but it's our best guess and I think we need this.
Why was Sean also not a "best guess"?
I didn't note this during my catch up but I'm noticing it now. Dennis why did you say "our" instead of "my"?
And why do we need Wilgy's flip?

I don't see why Wilgy was any better a choice than Sean...has Denis given us some reasoning behind this implied TR of Sean?
Addressing all of these.

At the time, I hadn't read into mostly any of Seanzie's posts. It was overwhelming for me to try and keep track of everyone while also explaining my actions. At EoD, I felt like we needed a kill and the information was necessary, and I had expressed distrust in Wilgy for not being on topic and just voting without explaination. That was what was in my head then--I still didn't know what to think of Seanzie.

I said 'our' instead of 'mine' because I was typing what came into my head without thinking. As I've said before, I felt like I was under a ton of pressure and freaked out. Whoopsies.

I didn't mean to imply a townread on Sean. It's essentially like this--in my head, Wilgy was a little weird, Seanzie was a clean slate, and I HAD to vote one of them.

Keep in mind this is my first game, so I didn't really know what to think of Wilgy playing the way he did. I got conflicting answers on if it was normal for him. Hopefully this explains what happened well.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:09 am
Dennis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:01 am By the way I am still waiting on a reason that @falcon45ca voted Seanzie and I don't like that they just dropped a vote and ran. Even if it's just something like 'same as day 1' (which should probably be reconsidered now but whatever) I don't see a good civ reason for doing that.
I never run.

I skip, saunter, sprint, or stroll...

but RUN???

Nevah

I am voting Sean cuz' I don't see why they're still not POE. Marmot tossing Wilgy out when Wilgy's actions were very clearly NAI for D1 Wilgy...not too keen on that I must say.

Honorable scum mention to Sabi, Lucy, & Soneji
What's POE?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:38 am
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:05 am My gut says the wilgy wagon is 100% clean
Oh, it's a gut read. Duly noted
Yeah, I have said if one isbad its Lucy.

Marmot is flipped
I know it’s not me
Seanzie is my top town at this point
SVS is also my top town at this point. They’re fighting for it.
I feel like the Dennis vote is clean.

I’m vibing town on Lucy but there’s some little reasons for doubt.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:30 pm

Always.
This is a cultural thing and absolutely not AI but, like, I’ll slip back into mafia retirement if stuff like this becomes preferable to hunting.

I don’t think I’ll ever convince you or sway you one way or another here, but saying eliminating someone D1 is separate to hunting is not quite true. A detective thrives on clues, and sometimes that clue is costly, but it helps the solve.

Not eliminating D1- or in general in a game that doesn’t have much mech- is like trying to solve this:Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:42 pm

Always.

I don’t think I’ll ever convince you or sway you one way or another here, but saying eliminating someone D1 is separate to hunting is not quite true. A detective thrives on clues, and sometimes that clue is costly, but it helps the solve.

Not eliminating D1- or in general in a game that doesn’t have much mech- is like trying to solve this:Image
I would like you to give me one tangible piece of information you think Wilgy's flip has given us that assists us in solving the game today.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:35 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:22 am Holy fuck my brain is mush reading 1304 posts was a bad idea.

My catch up is town is

Me
SVS
Lucy
Dennis

I also think it's highly more probable than not that Sabi is town here. With that said I will never ever push sabi ever again even if I suspect them but in this case I'm highly comfortable saying I find it more likely that this behavior is indicative of town Sabi.

Always.

Brain mush. Good God
More in the ongoing saga of flip a potential civ vs. No death. Neon can you add your thoughts on that meta?

***don't take this to mean that I wish seanzie wasn't eliminated day one over wilgy, I'm still not feeling good about him.

Is a thing I've struggled to reconcile because my old end goal was to sweep the woofs every game I played but feasibly that's just not gonna happen. Woofs have knowledge we don't the only way to get that knowledge is through flips since most if is only have the power of our vote and way to much paranoia
This is such a mountainous mindset at its heart I think. We have two cops and a doctor… plenty of info capability without forcing a flip on someone we think is town. It’s a numbers game too.

I like what neon is bringing to the thread even as I disagree with literally every single aspect of cultural meta with a passion. Getting town vibes so far.
Q: what is the cop or doc was NK’d last night and we didn’t flip anyone D1?

Ruh roh raggy

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:45 pm

My catch up is town is

Me
SVS
Lucy
Dennis

Always.

Brain mush. Good God

Ruh roh raggy
What if Wilgy was the cop or doc?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:44 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:42 pm

Always.

I would like you to give me one tangible piece of information you think Wilgy's flip has given us that assists us in solving the game today.
You can’t be serious man.

Ok here, I’ll quote someone not me to help answer this:
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:35 am I am willing to bet all the glory and also ten bonus points that the wilgy wagon is 100% clean but only the first taker can have the bet.

Also there’s negative glory in taking this bet if you’re a wolf who knows I’m wrong. I know cowards and that’s the move if a coward.
There is a 0% chance you use this talking point if we hadn’t flipped Wilgy.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Do I think Wilgy was the optimal elim yesterday? Hell no, I didn’t want him to go. I said as much. But we can still learn from it as the game goes on.

Is the Wilgy wagon clean? Definitely a legit question, knowing he is civ

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:35 am I am willing to bet all the glory and also ten bonus points that the wilgy wagon is 100% clean but only the first taker can have the bet.

Also there’s negative glory in taking this bet if you’re a wolf who knows I’m wrong. I know cowards and that’s the move if a coward.
False. in both w!wilgy and t!wilgy cases, I come out with the same reads on those people, because my reads are abotu the legitimacy of the thought process of their action in the moment and not at all about wilgy's flip. And I can hold both of those universes in my head without resolving which is true.

This is literally my exact point. Wilgy's actual flip should be nearly the least important thing in being able to generate reads about what happened on day one (unless we got lucky and crapshooted a wolf).
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

In 99/100 worlds Sean/Wilgy were t/t yesterday. A tie for me would have gone close to townclearing both of them for me.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:46 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:45 pm

My catch up is town is

Me
SVS
Lucy
Dennis

Always.

Brain mush. Good God

Ruh roh raggy
What if Wilgy was the cop or doc?
What if anyone is the cop/doc? Why ever flip anyone?

And yes I see the point you’re trying to make in that we could have elimmed a power role before they had the chance to use their power. But that’s a risk that i think is worth it in the long run

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:51 pm In 99/100 worlds Sean/Wilgy were t/t yesterday. A tie for me would have gone close to townclearing both of them for me.
Tell that to the 4 people currently voting Seanzie

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:52 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:51 pm In 99/100 worlds Sean/Wilgy were t/t yesterday. A tie for me would have gone close to townclearing both of them for me.
Neon's vote counts as four!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:51 pm

False. in both w!wilgy and t!wilgy cases, I come out with the same reads on those people, because my reads are abotu the legitimacy of the thought process of their action in the moment and not at all about wilgy's flip. And I can hold both of those universes in my head without resolving which is true.

This is literally my exact point. Wilgy's actual flip should be nearly the least important thing in being able to generate reads about what happened on day one (unless we got lucky and crapshooted a wolf).
Like I said, I’m not going to sway you on this point. I’d have a better chance convincing my uncle that the NSA isn’t using birds to listen in on our freedoms

But you know what, that’s ok. As much as it irks me, I see your viewpoint and I am not saying it’s stupid. I can understand it

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:52 pm
Neon's vote counts as four!
OOPS I read the votes wrong.

Never mind, ignore me on that. I can’t read.

Im also super loopy from the laughing gas I had this morning for my root canal

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:54 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:51 pm

Like I said, I’m not going to sway you on this point. I’d have a better chance convincing my uncle that the NSA isn’t using birds to listen in on our freedoms

But you know what, that’s ok. As much as it irks me, I see your viewpoint and I am not saying it’s stupid. I can understand it
:beer:

I do understand the other viewpoint too.

The reason I brought it up in the first place is to say 'no, ties are not anti-town' - ie, the meta should be 'no biggie which way you think about that, it probably depends on solving style'.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:13 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:07 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:00 pm I'm fine with dying, I really am busy with work and real life stuff atm so I can't and don't have the energy to fight for my life.

I request yall to kill Golden and Seanzie next when I do die. Don't kill scotty over some diachomy that doesn't exist.

Anyway have fun the rest of the phase. Have to get back to work.
:ponder:
Why would we kill scotty after you die based on a dichotomy if you were anything but Mafia??

I read your iso and there is little to even comment on.

I trust the people voting here. Therefore, [VOTE: Sabi] aubergine
Part of my suspicion of sabi (probably even a decent part) is her handling of seanzie.

The early sus on a post I think is pretty innocuous, followed by tunnelling on him all day, followed by suddenly saying 'this is weird, I'm not sure any more' 30 minutes from EoD when it looked like no counterwagons would eventuate, followed by suspecting him and pushing wilgy voters when he didn't actually die.

Given you still suspect seanzie a bit, I feel like our reasons here are different. I get it's part me and SVS being here, but I'd also like to get more of a sense of your own take on sabi.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 1]

Post by Golden »

At 2:29, when it didn't look like there'd be any counterwagon to Seanzie
Sabiplz wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:29 pm I'm bored and this eod is making me worry
At 2:39, after there was a counterwagon on marmot to Seanzie
Sabiplz wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:39 pm I am indifferent to Wilgz vote but if Sean flips w, I will kill the Wilgz wagon
(All times are NZ Standard time).

2.29 post feels to me like Sabi prepping early for the 'tunnelled a civ all day' backlash, and then had a reason to reverse course quickly enough that she didn't have to act.

By the start of day 2, she was able to pinpoint exact suspects.

Lastly, I think she's in antispew. And I think her final post is probably a good look for scotty if she's wolf, but maybe I should read it as NAI.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My day one town read of Lucy has waned enough on day 2 that I'm not going to be bothered if the vote ends up going that way.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:39 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:05 am My gut says the wilgy wagon is 100% clean

Marmot is flipped
I know it’s not me

Also let me add to this that a clean wilgy wagon developing is the wolves wet dream. I'm not sure why any of them would jump on. Having it clean creates such a good opportunity to steer direction, which is exactly why I think it happened.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:57 pm
Kate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:13 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:07 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:00 pm I'm fine with dying, I really am busy with work and real life stuff atm so I can't and don't have the energy to fight for my life.

I request yall to kill Golden and Seanzie next when I do die. Don't kill scotty over some diachomy that doesn't exist.

Anyway have fun the rest of the phase. Have to get back to work.
:ponder:
Why would we kill scotty after you die based on a dichotomy if you were anything but Mafia??

I read your iso and there is little to even comment on.

I trust the people voting here. Therefore, [VOTE: Sabi] aubergine
Part of my suspicion of sabi (probably even a decent part) is her handling of seanzie.

The early sus on a post I think is pretty innocuous, followed by tunnelling on him all day, followed by suddenly saying 'this is weird, I'm not sure any more' 30 minutes from EoD when it looked like no counterwagons would eventuate, followed by suspecting him and pushing wilgy voters when he didn't actually die.

Given you still suspect seanzie a bit, I feel like our reasons here are different. I get it's part me and SVS being here, but I'd also like to get more of a sense of your own take on sabi.
Honestly, I'm probably not going to get much chance to address this much better than I did last night. I did read through their posts and went straight to my own post to make sure my vote was in place. I've got a very sick 9 month old and I have about a 45 minute break right now and then I have to go to the dr. I don't have the energy to go back and reassess again.

I do remember off the top of my head that they wanted me to "dome" Sean which I don't like right off the bat when day 2 started. I feel better with my vote here than on Sean right now. I don't think these 2 are teammates so the flip will give us info at least (see what I did there @Scotty )?

I'm also not opposed to a lucy elimination. I could see Sabi and Lucy being teammates. I'll do my best to keep answering questions here and there but I won't be able to formulate big cases or anything today.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dennis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:38 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:01 am By the way I am still waiting on a reason that @falcon45ca voted Seanzie and I don't like that they just dropped a vote and ran. Even if it's just something like 'same as day 1' (which should probably be reconsidered now but whatever) I don't see a good civ reason for doing that.
I never run.

but RUN???

Nevah

I am voting Sean cuz' I don't see why they're still not POE. Marmot tossing Wilgy out when Wilgy's actions were very clearly NAI for D1 Wilgy...not too keen on that I must say.

What's POE?
Process of Elimination.

This should help w/ Mafia jargon:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... of%20Mafia.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:06 pm

Marmot is flipped
I know it’s not me

Also let me add to this that a clean wilgy wagon developing is the wolves wet dream. I'm not sure why any of them would jump on. Having it clean creates such a good opportunity to steer direction, which is exactly why I think it happened.
What are the odds both sabi and Lucy could be bad?

They’ve had a few comments directed at each other that aren’t not compatible.

This is obviously putting the cart before the horse but not completely unfounded

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:15 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:38 pm
I never run.

but RUN???

Nevah

What's POE?
Process of Elimination.

This should help w/ Mafia jargon:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... of%20Mafia.
This link is perfect thank you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 294

Post by S~V~S »

After all we’ve been through together you accuse me of kissing up :pout:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:26 pm
This is what you get for town reading Sean, welcome to my world lol
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:16 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:06 pm

Marmot is flipped
I know it’s not me

What are the odds both sabi and Lucy could be bad?

They’ve had a few comments directed at each other that aren’t not compatible.

This is obviously putting the cart before the horse but not completely unfounded
I don't think I favour it but I wouldn't rule it out. I'm looking forward to seeing what Lucy has to say, generally, when she reappears. There's some stuff that I think it would be good to hear her thoughts on for the purposes of getting a better read one way or the other.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Forgot to say this before but @lucy and @Sabiplz have been really quiet for being on the chopping block. We've only got 5.5 hours left before EoD, can we get something?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:26 pm
No, I just wanted to send you a picture of my butt.

robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

what the fuck
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

[VOTE: Sabi] aubergine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

i'm going to school, give me a raincheck for like 2-3h
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

lucy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:42 pm i'm going to school, give me a raincheck for like 2-3h
Forgot about timezones. My bad.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:41 pm [VOTE: Sabi] aubergine
Is there a reason for this outside selfpres?

Return to “Previous Heists”